PDA

View Full Version : TE thread

MABroncoFan
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I guess no deal w/ Tamme yet.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_LegwoldReply

Texans tight end, and Fort Morgan native, Joel Dreessen visiting Broncos today.

Lestat
03-22-2012, 11:42 AM
they're similar TE's, they can run well,catch and pretty decent blockers.
so if Tamme priced his way out of the Budget for TE then i don't at all mind landing Dreessen instead. i would like to see us be able to snag Dwayne Allen in the 2nd round or Michael Egnew a little lower. both are first round talents who will fall lower and will be great value pick ups.

ColoradoBuff
03-22-2012, 11:43 AM
would love to sign Dressen.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
As a Tiger fan, I love Egnew. He's nothing close to a first-round talent at tight end, though. Dude's really just a very big WR.

Hell no to drafting a TE early.

Lestat
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
you're right about Egnew, i'm remembering his draft hype from a season or two ago when people were raving about him. we'll call him a 2nd day talent then ;D

i still think we need a TE early, Manning loves throwing to his TE's and it is easier to get single coverage for a freak athlete TE than it is for a WR(even though Manning can throw them open)
As a Tiger fan, I love Egnew. He's nothing close to a first-round talent at tight end, though. Dude's really just a very big WR.

Hell no to drafting a TE early.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I'd be alright drafting Egnew later on, like in the fifth or something. He received a bunch of hype and attention due to his productivity in that Missouri offense. He was often the second or third guy Gabbert looked to when a play began to break down, and he's a capable receiver. Definitely not a real tight end, but that might not matter if we're simply looking for a safety valve.

Lestat
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM
i really want Allen, he's big, strong, fast, can block and good receiver.
Egnew is a high upside value guy for me. i think he'll be taken between the 3rd and 5th. Allen i think is the 2nd TE off the board and a 2nd round guy if somebody doesn't get antsy after Fleener comes of the board and takes him round 1.

the three TE's i want in this draft are Allen, Egnew because i think he'll fall to the 3rd or 4th, and Green would be the 2nd highest on my board in terms of potential, but third in terms of value because i think he will go either before or right after Allen due to his athleticism.
I'd be alright drafting Egnew later on, like in the fifth or something. He received a bunch of hype and attention due to his productivity in that Missouri offense. He was often the second or third guy Gabbert looked to when a play began to break down, and he's a capable receiver. Definitely not a real tight end, but that might not matter if we're simply looking for a safety valve.

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Could we clone Shannon Sharp

Jetmeck
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
so you guys think we need a TE. TT agrees.............

g6matty
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
coby fleener just ran a 4.45 at stanford pro day wow

MABroncoFan
03-22-2012, 01:54 PM
We can offer him a chance to return close to home, as well as a starting job.

@Jeff_Legwold: Texans free agent tight end Joel Dreessen will choose between Broncos and Texans Friday morning.

BroncoBen
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Just heard... Free Agent TE Joel Dresssen will choose between the Broncos and returning to the Texans tomorrow.. Friday.

Cross your fingers....

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 02:02 PM
coby fleener just ran a 4.45 at stanford pro day wow

Being in Stanford country I've seen a lot of this guy. Luck used him a lot. He's big but needs work on blocking. The way they used him? Well when he was in there, luck would do a lot of pre snap adjustments( sound familiar? ) so it ended up benefiting fleener from defenses zoning out because of Lucks pre snap shenanigans. Hes a baller.

UberBroncoMan
03-22-2012, 02:12 PM
He's turning 30...

More interesting though is that he's also a long snapper.

MABroncoFan
03-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Is Dallas Clark a fallback option if we don't get Tamme and/or Dreessen? There hasn't been much talk about him in the last couple of days.

cmhargrove
03-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Being in Stanford country I've seen a lot of this guy. Luck used him a lot. He's big but needs work on blocking. The way they used him? Well when he was in there, luck would do a lot of pre snap adjustments( sound familiar? ) so it ended up benefiting fleener from defenses zoning out because of Lucks pre snap shenanigans. Hes a baller.

I have said before in previous threads, I look at Fleener like I used look at Jay Nocvacek. His major asset isn't necessarily blocking, but the dude can make a huge impact by spreading out the defense and finding the soft spot in zone coverage. He has a major repoire with his QB and they often think "on the same page" about changing routes on the fly.
He would be a major weapon, but once again we have so many needs it would be hard to use a high pick on Fleener. I would love him as a Bronco, but it won't surprise me to see him picked at the bottom of the first round. I will be really surprised if he lasts past the first 10 picks of the second round.

edog24
03-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Who do we have now? Just Rosario?

Ziggy
03-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Rosario already signed with another team. We have Julius Thomas and Virgil Green.

halfback
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Who do we have now? Just Rosario?

Rosario signed with the bolts, we have Thomas and green right now and that's it

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I have said before in previous threads, I look at Fleener like I used look at Jay Nocvacek. His major asset isn't necessarily blocking, but the dude can make a huge impact by spreading out the defense and finding the soft spot in zone coverage. He has a major repoire with his QB and they often think "on the same page" about changing routes on the fly.
He would be a major weapon, but once again we have so many needs it would be hard to use a high pick on Fleener. I would love him as a Bronco, but it won't surprise me to see him picked at the bottom of the first round. I will be really surprised if he lasts past the first 10 picks of the second round.

Great comparison Cmhargrove. Ya I agree would be tough using a higher pick. Xanders has used plenty of picks on TEs already with not much luck. Richard Quinn used up more than one.

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't know what's more comical at the moment: our group of DTs or TEs.

edog24
03-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Rosario already signed with another team. We have Julius Thomas and Virgil Green.

Wow, I didn't know we lost Rosario and Fells, bummer.

BroncoInferno
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't know what's more comical at the moment: our group of DTs or TEs.

Julius Thomas and Virgil Green, though unproven, are at least young and have some upside. At DT, we've got a 32 year old who missed the last two seasons in Warren and another in Vickerson who also missed most of last season and was never better than a decent rotational guy in any case.

Archer81
03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Green is facing a 4 game suspension. I am thinking at least 2 tightends will be signed or drafted. Could possibly be Dreesen and Tamme. Could do worse at TE then Dreesen, Tamme and Thomas.

:Broncos:

Cito Pelon
03-22-2012, 04:01 PM
84 Ingram, Cornelius TE 6-4 250 26 2 Florida

Is the third TE right now with Green and J Thomas. So yeah, expect 2 TE's to be added. Dreesen and Tamme seem like decent additions, Clark maybe, but they're not just dishing out contracts willy-nilly making "can't refuse" kind of offers.

Baba Booey
03-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Definitely want Dreesen. Tamme would be lovely too.

Keep Thomas around and send Green to the practice squad.