PDA

View Full Version : So... Is it me or is Tebow kind of being..

BroncoBen
03-22-2012, 08:41 AM
an A$$.

All I keep hearing is Tebow say how 'excited' he is to be a Jet, and how he looks forward to playing for Rex Ryan a 'players coach'. How he wanted to play for Rex since watching the Jets on Hard Knocks a few years ago. Blah.. Blah.. Blah..

I have yet to hear or read Tebow 'thank' the Broncos for drafting him and giving him a shot. Or thank the Broncos fans for their support.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 08:42 AM
It's you.

Steve Prefontaine
03-22-2012, 08:51 AM
It's you.

Yup.

Gcver2ver3
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
an A$$.

All I keep hearing is Tebow say how 'excited' he is to be a Jet, and how he looks forward to playing for Rex Ryan a 'players coach'. How he wanted to play for Rex since watching the Jets on Hard Knocks a few years ago. Blah.. Blah.. Blah..

I have yet to hear or read Tebow 'thank' the Broncos for drafting him and giving him a shot. Or thank the Broncos fans for their support.

relax...

broncosteven
03-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Tebow is just showing he is human like the rest of us.

JDB7821
03-22-2012, 08:58 AM
an A$$.

It's you. The first thing he said on the conference call with the media was "first and foremost I'd like to thank..." and I literally said "my Lord and savior Jesus Christ" because I knew that's what he was about to say like he always does. He actually said "I'd like to thank the Denver Broncos for giving me an opportunity the past couple of years" or something along those lines. It was the first thing out of his mouth.

brom66an6
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
It's you. The first thing he said on the conference call with the media was "first and foremost I'd like to thank..." and I literally said "my Lord and savior Jesus Christ" because I knew that's what he was about to say like he always does. He actually said "I'd like to thank the Denver Broncos for giving me an opportunity the past couple of years" or something along those lines. It was the first thing out of his mouth.

Exactly right http://blog.newyorkjets.com/2012/03/22/thankful-tebow-gives-late-night-hello-to-jets

Rabb
03-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Ah yes, I forgot we are supposed to hate former players

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Were you expecting the extremely classy player to whine about going to his new team?

RaiderH8r
03-22-2012, 09:10 AM
an A$$.

Dude got shanked, you want him to thank the Broncos for it?

bronco militia
03-22-2012, 09:10 AM
the only ass I see is in your avatar..

yummmmmmmmmm

spdirty
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Don't think he was being an ass to the broncos or bronco fans, but the simple fact that Elway gave him a choice between NY or J'Ville and he picked NY tells me what he's all about. I'm glad we're done with the circus.

Rabb
Dude got shanked, you want him to thank the Broncos for it?

No, he didn't

Chris
The only a$$ I see is the one in your avvy. It's nice, though.

Chris
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM

yummmmmmmmmm

D'oh! :notworthy

razorwire77
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
It's you. What is he supposed to say? God Bless the Denver Bronco football team for upgrading the quarterback position and trading me for a mid-round draft pick?

Spider
03-22-2012, 09:19 AM
an A$$.

apparently lying isnt a sin , or the part bout how excited he is playing Rex Ryan is a canned response ,Ryan cusses more then I do

ColoradoDarin
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Did you really think that Timothy Richard Tebow would say something like:

"I would like to thank myself for dragging the Broncos to the playoffs and winning a game there, something that hadn't happened in 7 years. I did it all despite the front office sabotaging me at every step, while publicly trying to placate the fans enjoying the winning. They thought I'd fall flat on my face, but I didn't. I chose the Jets over the Jags because their coaching staff believes in me unlike my previous employer who was looking for any reason to dump me. I look forward to sticking it to the Broncos every time I play them. God Bless."

bronco militia
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
D'oh! :notworthy

;)

RaiderH8r
03-22-2012, 09:27 AM

"I would like to thank myself for dragging the Broncos to the playoffs and winning a game there, something that hadn't happened in 7 years. I did it all despite the front office sabotaging me at every step, while publicly trying to placate the fans enjoying the winning. They thought I'd fall flat on my face, but I didn't. I chose the Jets over the Jags because their coaching staff believes in me unlike my previous employer who was looking for any reason to dump me. I look forward to sticking it to the Broncos every time I play them. God Bless."

I got news for you Mr. Bowlen, you haven't heard the last of me. You may think I'm **** now, but someday you're gonna be sorry you traded me. I'm gonna catch on somewhere else and every time that I play against you I'm gonna stick it up your ****in' ass!

baja
03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Don't think he was being an ass to the broncos or bronco fans, but the simple fact that Elway gave him a choice between NY or J'Ville and he picked NY tells me what he's all about. I'm glad we're done with the circus.

Really? What does that tell you?

BTW Turns out he wasn't given a choice.

spdirty
03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Really? What does that tell you?

BTW Turns out he wasn't given a choice.

Don't have a link, but it was reported on sportscenter last night right before the trade went down and again this morning on Cowherd's show.

baja
03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Listened to his presser. He said Bronco fans are a 7. So I guess we are getting better ;D

ColoradoDarin
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM

Because the NY coaches wanted him and the Jax didn't and he was being forced on them by the owner?

fdf
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM

I think that was Cutler's presser. You just changed the teams and names, right?

ColoradoDarin
03-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I got news for you Mr. Bowlen, you haven't heard the last of me. You may think I'm **** now, but someday you're gonna be sorry you traded me. I'm gonna catch on somewhere else and every time that I play against you I'm gonna stick it up your ****in' ass!

Good! I like that kind of spirit in a player. The only problem is I didn't cut you, I just traded you to the Jets.

RaiderH8r
03-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Good! I like that kind of spirit in a player. The only problem is I didn't cut you, I just traded you to the Jets.

Tebow: I thought you said we didn't have any high priced talent.
Rex: Forget about Sanchez because he's only high priced.

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 09:49 AM
an A$$.

Listen to his NY teleconference. He explicitly thanks Denver fans for their support all last year

So, in summary -- ****ty thread is ****ty

RaiderH8r
03-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Listen to his NY teleconference. He explicitly thanks Denver fans for their support all last year

So, in summary -- ****ty thread is ****ty

Tebow: The local press seems to think that I'd save everyone the time and trouble if I just went out and shot myself. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured I ought to hang around for a while and see if I can give 'em all a nice big ****burger to eat!

God Bless.

RhymesayersDU
03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

Bacchus
03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
an A$$.

Everybody on the Broncos that drafted him is no longer there.

go_broncos
03-22-2012, 10:03 AM
an A$$.

It's you.Actually, you are saying in reverse.
you should create thread about how our Front office betrayed Tebow.

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Don't have a link, but it was reported on sportscenter last night right before the trade went down and again this morning on Cowherd's show.

Here is a good link .....

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7721420&categoryid=2378529

The Moops
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Dude, he got screwed by the Broncos. He was told he would have a chance to be the starter next season. Then less than 2 months later he became expendable ... no one likes to be replaced. No ones likes to feel unwanted, especially considering all he gave to the Broncos organization.

Tebow is a positive person and just trying to stay positive about where he's been traded.

baja
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Great find Pony Boy - case closed!

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Dude, he got screwed by the Broncos. He was told he would have a chance to be the starter next season. Then less than 2 months later he became expendable

Technically, he's still got a chance to be the starter. They didn't specify that it had to be with them.

baja
03-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Dude, he got screwed by the Broncos. He was told he would have a chance to be the starter next season. Then less than 2 months later he became expendable ... no one likes to be replaced. No ones likes to feel unwanted, especially considering all he gave to the Broncos organization.

Tebow is a positive person and just trying to stay positive about where he's been traded.

He didn't get screwed (and I am one of his biggest fans) Elway did what he felt was in the best interests of the Broncos. If you think you can make your team significantly better you do it. I have a feeling this will turn out to be the wrong choice but the FO acted in what they believe to be in the best interests of their organization how can you say Tim got screwed.

Mistake/ Maybe. Screwed? No!

Ratboy
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM

We took less so Tebow could go where he wanted to.

Our front office is friendly.

Broncos4tw
03-22-2012, 10:39 AM
First of all, Tebow was a class act from start to finish. Especially considering how young a player he still is. Nothing but respect for the guy.

As far as him leaving the team, he was not "screwed over." How ridiculous. He is a pro athlete. He makes more money for farting than I do for 10 hours of works. It's kind of hard to feel sorry for any pro athlete. He found another team immediately. He'll be fine. Since you feel he was "screwed over," do you feel Orton was screwed over? Do you think if Sanchez is benched because the fans are screaming Tebow!, that he was screwed over? It's BUSINESS. That's all.

KO5K
03-22-2012, 10:44 AM

He specifically stated on his conference call last night that he had no say in where he ended up and that it was a decision made solely by the Denver Broncos organisation.

Lets be honest, there's no way Elway would do anything to benefit Tim Tebow...

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 10:47 AM

Sounded more like Schefter theorizing than him having any idea whether Tim actually had a choice. Until we hear from a source not getting info straight from the Broncos FO, we won't have a definitive answer.

jhns
03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Awww, did big bad Tebow hurt your little feelings? What a little girl...

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Ryan cusses more then I do

Then you do what?

Requiem
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h6uqsh7smozjpg/original.jpg

edog24
03-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounded more like Schefter theorizing than him having any idea whether Tim actually had a choice. Until we hear from a source not getting info straight from the Broncos FO, we won't have a definitive answer.

I don't think we will ever get an answer. But based on how the FO treated TT all last year and during the off-season, why would anyone think that the FO finally had a mea culpa and decided to all the sudden treat TT with any ounce of gratitude or respect?

It makes sense to me that they just shipped him off to whoever benefitted the ball club the most, yea, yea, that's what the FO is supposed to do. I just think someone who lead a team full of scrubs to their first playoff win since 2005 should get a little better treatment than that.

theAPAOps5
03-22-2012, 11:02 AM
I expected him to say the word fun more. That is where my expectations stopped!

Jay3
03-22-2012, 11:03 AM
an A$$.

You're having bad breakup syndrome. You'll get over him.

Spider
03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Technically, he's still got a chance to be the starter. They didn't specify that it had to be with them.

LOL

spdirty
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Elway just said in an interview he's doing right now on 102.3 that he did give tebow a choice.

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Just saying that over the years Adam Schefter has been a pretty good source of information and I don't think he would broadcast that on ESPN if he wasn't comfortable that the information was true.

jhns
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Just saying that over the years Adam Schefter has been a pretty good source of information and I don't think he would broadcast that on ESPN if he wasn't comfortable that the information was true.

He was the best source. He has now turned into a rumor spouting hack with the network change.

edog24
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Elway just said in an interview he's doing right now on 102.3 that he did give tebow a choice.

Great, I feel a lot better about this now.

DenverBrit
03-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Tebow handled the situation as well as it could have been.

He's always been a class act, but the NY fans and media will test him.

I wish him well, but won't miss the circus that follows him.

DenverBrit
03-22-2012, 11:18 AM
He specifically stated on his conference call last night that he had no say in where he ended up and that it was a decision made solely by the Denver Broncos organisation.

Lets be honest, there's no way Elway would do anything to benefit Tim Tebow...

By all accounts, Denver would have been better off trading with the Jags.

Must admit I'm surprised if Tebow did turn down the Jags for NY.

Drunk Monkey
03-22-2012, 11:42 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UplJBQi_0_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Durango
03-22-2012, 11:45 AM

I also heard Elway say he gave Tim a choice. He talked with Dave Logan yesterday on KOA, and clips were played on KOA all evening.

The reports indicate the Jaguars were offering a conditional 2013 pick for Tebow; a fourth that could become a third.

The Jets were offering 2012 choices; the 4th and 6th. Even so, Tebow was given a choice. Why on earth he chose New York is beyond me.

Aftermath
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
OP sounds like a puss

baja
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I also heard Elway say he gave Tim a choice. He talked with Dave Logan yesterday on KOA, and clips were played on KOA all evening.

The reports indicate the Jaguars were offering a conditional 2013 pick for Tebow; a fourth that could become a third.

The Jets were offering 2012 choices; the 4th and 6th. Even so, Tebow was given a choice. Why on earth he chose New York is beyond me.

The Jets coaching staff wanted him the jags did not

enjolras
03-22-2012, 12:04 PM

ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

I just can't take it anymore.

especially considering all he gave to the Broncos organization.

Really? It was the Broncos who took him far higher than any one else in the league would have dreamed of doing. It was the Broncos who signed his paychecks. It was the Denver f***ing Broncos who made him a starter for 16 games.

Tebow did what he was supposed to do. He played when he was given the chance. He didn't win those games on his own. He didn't lose those games on his own. He was part of this team, nothing more and nothing less. By my estimation Von Miller was a far more valuable part of this team in 2011. The minute he broke his hand, the defense (and the Broncos chances of winning) went to zero.

He's a QB with a 9-7 record as a starter. That's just fine, but nothing special. He was a below-average QB with amazing spirit. That's awesome, but I think the Broncos turn-around last year was much more about replacing Orton than it was about some magic Tebow brought to the field.

No matter what, the Broncos don't owe him a damn thing. He wasn't screwed. He wasn't mishandled. He was given a fair shot to convince John Elway (the only Bronco who matters) that he can be an elite QB in the NFL. Clearly the greatest QB of his generation doesn't think so... and I can't imagine how anyone disagrees.

But WTF ever... if I never hear the name Tim Tebow as long as I live, it will be just fine by me.

Good riddance and go Broncos.

/end rant

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM

According to the Fan's interview with Elway he felt that was where he'd have the best chance to start. Basically recognizing that the Dolphins want to use him and the Jags were doing it solely because of the owner. It also may have been an observation on Mark Sanchez's appeal to the fan base there.

enjolras
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
The Jets coaching staff wanted him the jags did not

At some point yesterday the New York media (at least the radio station I was listening to) was reporting basically the opposite. They think this was driven by the Jets front-office, not the coaches.

Rohirrim
03-22-2012, 12:06 PM
ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Really? It was the Broncos who took him far higher than any one else in the league would have dreamed of doing. It was the Broncos who signed his paychecks. It was the Denver ****ing Broncos who made him a starter for 16 games.

Tebow did what he was supposed to do. He played when he was given the chance. He didn't win those games on his own. He didn't lose those games on his own. He was part of this team, nothing more and nothing less. By my estimation Von Miller was a far more valuable part of this team in 2011. The minute he broke his hand, the defense (and the Broncos chances of winning) went to zero.

He's a QB with a 9-7 record as a starter. That's just fine, but nothing special. He was a below-average QB with amazing spirit. That's awesome, but I think the Broncos turn-around last year was much more about replacing Orton than it was about some magic Tebow brought to the field.

No matter what, the Broncos don't owe him a damn thing. He wasn't screwed. He wasn't mishandled. He was given a fair shot to convince John Elway (the only Bronco who matters) that he can be an elite QB in the NFL. Clearly the greatest QB of his generation doesn't think so... and I can't imagine how anyone disagrees.

But WTF ever... if I never hear the name Tim Tebow as long as I live, it will be just fine by me.

/end rant

^ :strong:

Miss I.
03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
well okay then....

The OP, just wrong. All the things I've read from the conference call indicated Tebow thanked the Broncos and the fans, etc, etc.

I am surprised if he chose New York, though given his need to minister, it seems like NY would be one hell, ahem very interesting challenge to him in that regard.

Anyway, good luck Tim. thanks for a roller coaster season, hope you do develop into a great NFL QB.

And to butcher a favorite movie of mine....maybe this is how it really went down...

Tim Tebow: [intrigued] You've done nothing but study film?
John Elway: More pursue than study lately. You see, I could not find him... it's been twenty years now and I was starting to lose confidence. I just bought the car dealership to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in looking for my permanent replacement on the Broncos.
[after a moments Tebowing, Tim stands up and prepares to be traded]
Tebow: Well I certainly hope you've found that in Manning.
Elway: You are ready then?
Tebow: Whether I am or not, you've been more than fair.
Elway: [opening the door] You seem a decent fellow... I hate to trade you.
Tebow: You seem a decent fellow... I hate to leave.
Elway: [confidently] Good Luck Tim.

RaiderH8r
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM

I don't believe it. I mean, I believe he said he gave Tebow a choice but I don't believe he did. Elway has shown that truth is like Jell-O for him; hard to nail down.

ol#7
03-22-2012, 12:36 PM
ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Really? It was the Broncos who took him far higher than any one else in the league would have dreamed of doing. It was the Broncos who signed his paychecks. It was the Denver ****ing Broncos who made him a starter for 16 games.

/end rant

What more did he need to do? First winning Bronco QB since Jake Plummer. Fact. That as basically a rookie project QB. Sky could have been the limit, and Elway expected him to fail. That is why he grimaced every time Tebow brought the Broncos back for a win.

R8R H8R
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
It's you.

He thanked the Broncos for the opportunity, and that is all he has to say. He is now going to a team that the coaching staff and FO wants him, which is more than what I can say about EFX.

EFX got thier man and the Jets got thiers(stole him, imo). Everybody is happy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
It's you.

He thanked the Broncos for the opportunity, and that is all he has to say. He is now going to a team that the coaching staff and FO wants him, which is more than what I can say about EFX.

EFX got thier man and the Jets got thiers(stole him, imo). Everybody is happy.

Everybody but Jets fans, certain jets players past and present, and a liberal NY media who's already thrown the term "clown" into their headlines.

And MacGruder

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 12:57 PM

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d827c664b/broncos-trade-tim-tebow-to-jets-jaguars-miss-out-on-bid/

A league source told Lombardi that Tebow was given the option of joining either the Jets or his hometown Jacksonville Jaguars , who had jumped back into discussions, but the quarterback decided New York was the best choice. However, Tebow denied in his conference call with New York media that he was allowed to pick his destination.

Hmmmmm.. who to believe, who to believe....

Drek
03-22-2012, 01:11 PM
At some point yesterday the New York media (at least the radio station I was listening to) was reporting basically the opposite. They think this was driven by the Jets front-office, not the coaches.

And the real story that is now coming out was that Sparano (their new OC) and Ryan wanted him, went to Tannenbaum who was on board, and together the three of them did what was needed to get him.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

So payment is all an employer owes an employee? That isn't the baseline? Some level of reasonable professional treatment isn't considered a staple of being a good employer?

And Tebow starting 16 games was just as beneficial for the Broncos as it was for Tim. Dude didn't steal any money. He didn't give them poor effort. They got every penny worth out of what they paid him.

Miller injured his hand in the second Chargers game. The Broncos still won two more games in that streak and won their playoff game while Miller was still hindered with his wrist issue. Common theme in all of the games after last year's epic turning point? Tim Tebow.

Von Miller was healthy on the field for the 1-4 start too. You can make a pretty strong argument that had Tebow gotten those five starts as well this team probably would have gone 3-2 or 4-1. 11-5 or 12-4 would've been real nice.

Peyton Manning was 3-13 over his first 16 games, FYI. And I'm pretty sure those late game come back wins did involve some effort on Tebow's part. You could ask the Vikings, Jets, Raiders, and Chargers what they thought of it. Or the Steelers. They had a similar "who's this scrub?" attitude too until he torched their asses out of the playoffs.

But yeah, he's just some average dude. All the winning is purely coincidental.

An awful lot of great players can't pick talent. Matt Millen was a pretty solid player, he didn't do so hot as a GM. I don't see how being a good/great player yourself is somehow worth instant credibility in player evaluation. I also don't see how one opinion is this instant disqualifier for you when we've seen massive misses by even the best trained, most successful personnel guys in the league.

Then why the hell did you come into a Tebow thread?

/end rant
If you're going to rant with all the angsty rage of a teenage girl after a breakup at least try to get some of the facts straight or make something resembling a strong point.

Anikai
03-22-2012, 04:14 PM

yummmmmmmmmm

What if that's his deceased ex girlfriend man? jeez. Im done being a Bronco fan.

baja
03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
What if that's his deceased ex girlfriend man? jeez. Im done being a Bronco fan.

If you don't like that ass then you were never a Broncos fan in the first place. ;D

Anikai
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
no no its a joke, but seriously she looks like she's 15 :ouwknow:

baja
03-22-2012, 04:48 PM

Looking is not a sin....... or is it?

Jay3
03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Hmmmmm.. who to believe, who to believe....

It was the phrasing of the question to Tebow. He deferred to the fact that it was ultimately up to the Broncos. He never said he had no input, he never said his agent wasn't working out a deal, and he never said anything inconsistent with him being in the spot he wanted. He just wouldn't concede that he "picked." He said "the Broncos had all the power." Meaning, it you parse it right, he expressed input to the Broncos, and the Broncos chose to honor it.

I can tell, Elway's version is correct.

errand
03-22-2012, 05:06 PM
an A$$.

Tebow doesn't owe Denver anything anymore than Denver owes him anything....he already thanked them when he was drafted, signed his contract, lived up to the terms of it, did his best when his number was called, helped us make playoffs, and win one of our post-season games.

Thanks for your service Tim, wish you good luck in your new digs, and hope your whack job fans go with you...

cutthemdown
03-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I believe Elway when he says he gave Tebow a choice. Tebow just doesn't want to alienate his fanbase in Jacksonville.

ZachKC
03-22-2012, 10:13 PM
an A$$.

Nobody likes the bitch who goes out of their way to be offended.

barryr
03-22-2012, 11:05 PM
The Tebow haters hate his "fans" but one can see they still can't let it go even when Tebow is traded. One would think their love for the Broncos would be more than their need to keep harping on their dead, tired act of hating Tebow fans and him. Oh no, Tebow supposedly wanted to play for the Jets and somehow this makes him a jerk somehow? Get over yourselves and move on and stop looking like fools already.

SJ Bronco
03-22-2012, 11:18 PM
I need more quotes transferred to Major league movie lines. Rep to all that participated!

go_broncos
03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
an A$$.

If you were in Tebow's place...you would be cursing broncos for what they have done.(Remember Cutler!!!).
Just be glad that he didn't say those things..

Archer81
03-22-2012, 11:50 PM
I just wanna go home. I'm tired and I wanna go to bed. I had a drink about an hour ago and now its gone to my head...

:Broncos:

lostknight
03-23-2012, 01:39 AM

Why on earth would anyone give this front office the benefit of the doubt when it came to anything Tebow? Ignore it being Tebow for a moment. Elway and Xanders said diametrically opposite things about if the Broncos had started trade negotiations when Manning was signed...

Have you just missed the first year of his majesty's, Elway the 1st's reign? Truth is for peasants.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Why on earth would anyone give this front office the benefit of the doubt when it came to anything Tebow?

Have you just missed the first year of his majesty's, Elway the 1st's reign? Truth is for peasants.

Supposedly confirmed by people in Jacksonville.

and by supposedly i mean totally made up, but maybe, sounds plausible. ROFL!

Shananahan
03-23-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm still confused why people are up in arms over whether or not Tebow went to the team of his choosing. Anybody remember how Plummer left the team?

DonInDenver
03-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Who cares. He's gone. Our long Bronconational Nightmare is over.

Let it go.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Why on earth would anyone give this front office the benefit of the doubt when it came to anything Tebow? Ignore it being Tebow for a moment. Elway and Xanders said diametrically opposite things about if the Broncos had started trade negotiations when Manning was signed...

Have you just missed the first year of his majesty's, Elway the 1st's reign? Truth is for peasants.Why are you still here then?

Drek
03-23-2012, 04:22 AM
Why are you still here then?

Team loyalty.

Elway was traded to the Broncos. I'm pretty sure he wasn't a Bronco fan growing up.

Pat Bowlen bought the Broncos. I see nothing to suggest he was a Bronco fan much before that opportunity arose.

I've been a Broncos fan as long as I can remember. I'll be a Bronco fan when they're both dead. I do not let people who have purchased stewardship over the clubs I root for dictate whether I can root for them or not.

I'll still hope for the absolute best for the Broncos but as with the last several years, I continue to take anything the front office/ownership group says as questionable at best.

jsco70
03-23-2012, 05:45 AM
Sorry, I'm late to the party. Yes, OP, it's you.

Captain 'Dre
03-23-2012, 06:13 AM
an A$$.

You've gotta be defecating.

Tim *could* be saying a lot of negative things about how he was dealt with during his time in Denver-- and they'd be true.

But he's NOT doing that. Yet you criticize him for expressing excitement at being with a new team... Sheesh!

milehighJC
03-23-2012, 06:51 AM
In reply to the OP, nothing here to see, move along. From where I sit, Tebow has shown nothing but class and grace in a difficult situation. I admire him more now than I did at the end of the season. May he find nothing but success in NY (that will take some doing in that place).

On another note, Ive now been reminded by some of the posts here that its not Tebow I dislike, its the small subset of his slobbering "helicopter parent" fans, and the screeching whackzoid press.

I cannot understand why there is a group of people that seem genuinely and personally offended that somehow Tim got screwed, and feel the need to defend him. Its like the parent who thinks their kid isnt getting enough playing time, and berates the coaches, and b*tches to anyone who will listen about how their kid is being screwed and the coach is mean. From what I've seen, Tebow is WAY above that, kept his mouth shut when he should, and spoke when it was appropriate, and said ALL the right things. He is a stronger man by a LONG shot than the vast majority of the NFL and most of its fans.

I remember before Tebow came here how SICK I got of the press slobbering all over him (and the SEC for that matter) After he got here, I understand why people in FL liked him - he is genuinely a good guy, something almost impossible to find in professional sports. I get it, I just wish the press would shut up about it.

I am POSITIVE that Tebow will do fine regardless of what he does on the field. Im convinced what makes him special is that football doesnt define him, its something he does because he likes it.

just my $.02.

jc

dsmoot
03-23-2012, 07:41 AM
In reply to the OP, nothing here to see, move along. From where I sit, Tebow has shown nothing but class and grace in a difficult situation. I admire him more now than I did at the end of the season. May he find nothing but success in NY (that will take some doing in that place).

On another note, Ive now been reminded by some of the posts here that its not Tebow I dislike, its the small subset of his slobbering "helicopter parent" fans, and the screeching whackzoid press.

I cannot understand why there is a group of people that seem genuinely and personally offended that somehow Tim got screwed, and feel the need to defend him. Its like the parent who thinks their kid isnt getting enough playing time, and berates the coaches, and b*tches to anyone who will listen about how their kid is being screwed and the coach is mean. From what I've seen, Tebow is WAY above that, kept his mouth shut when he should, and spoke when it was appropriate, and said ALL the right things. He is a stronger man by a LONG shot than the vast majority of the NFL and most of its fans.

I remember before Tebow came here how SICK I got of the press slobbering all over him (and the SEC for that matter) After he got here, I understand why people in FL liked him - he is genuinely a good guy, something almost impossible to find in professional sports. I get it, I just wish the press would shut up about it.

I am POSITIVE that Tebow will do fine regardless of what he does on the field. Im convinced what makes him special is that football doesnt define him, its something he does because he likes it.

just my $.02.

jc

Thanks for clarity. Great Post. I am a Tebow fan and a Bronco fan. I hate to see him go. As you said, Tim has handled this incredibly well as we have come to expect. It is such a waste of energy to read what people have said to determine inaccuracy. The Bronco management has made a decision to improve this team. It may not be to everyone's liking but it is what they get paid to do and most of us should be thankful we don't have to live with the consequences of such responsibility

I can understand and even support the decision given that the player is Peyton Manning and not some other unproven or much less accomplished player. Tim Tebow has great promise and made last year very exciting. However, for me, there was times of doubt and concern for his ability to progress to where it ultimately needs to be. It's too bad his performance was not complete enough last year to prevent this decision from being made, but it wasn't.

The decision is made. I wish the best for Tim, although I have issues with any NY team. I hope he makes this decision seem like a bad one but I am still a Bronco fan and will never wish him ill except when we play the Jets.

Mk2
03-23-2012, 08:11 AM
He thanked the Broncos and especially the fans in his con call.

Mk2
03-23-2012, 08:16 AM

Tebow would have beat out Gabbert with a blind fold on. As already reported Gene Smith the GM of the Jaguars told him he would be third string and expected to be on special teams .

Rex told him I want you to run over people when your in the game and you will have designed plays every game.

It has nothing to do with him thinking he can beat out Sanchez , because Gabbert is a freaking joke and Chad Henne choked his way out of being a starter. If the coaches wanted him he would go to Jaguars as its his home town.

Gene Smith had an agenda, he staked on Gabbert being the guy and spent a top ten pick on him , he can't have him fail because if Gabbert fails he fails.

Tebow is not he QB of the Jaguars because Gene smith would look foolish with the Gabbert pick

Chris
03-23-2012, 08:19 AM

You are forgetting that baja runs a harem in the sky between mexico and america where girls appear on their 18th birthday, serve him mint tea and sing him showtunes. You are forgetting this.

baja
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Posts 90 & 91; two great takes by two infrequent posters.

Post more.

Gort
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
I just wanna go home. I'm tired and I wanna go to bed. I had a drink about an hour ago and now its gone to my head...

:Broncos:

i always think of this scene when i hear that song...

http://www.klownsasesinos.com/images/peliculas/t/tiburon/tiburon6.jpg