PDA

View Full Version : MacGruder was older than I thought...

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
(Just joking about MacGruder - I think)

Saw this on Yahoo:

According to his obituary in the Columbia Daily Tribune, 78-year-old Jim Driver "wanted out" before he had to see Peyton Manning don a Broncos jersey. This is the lead paragraph from that obit:

James H. "Jim" Driver, 78, of Eagle, Colo., formerly of Columbia, passed away Monday, March 19, 2012, at South Hampton Place in Columbia after a brief illness. An avid Broncos fan, he abhorred Manning and evidently wanted out before a deal was done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-obituary-says-wanted-die-broncos-acquired-peyton-230608456.html

Old Dude
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Just for the record, that wasn't me and I'm still alive and kicking and very happy that Manning is here.

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Just for the record, that wasn't me and I'm still alive and kicking and very happy that Manning is here.

Whew! Good to hear! ;)

broncosteven
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
(Just joking about MacGruder - I think)

Saw this on Yahoo:

According to his obituary in the Columbia Daily Tribune, 78-year-old Jim Driver "wanted out" before he had to see Peyton Manning don a Broncos jersey. This is the lead paragraph from that obit:

James H. "Jim" Driver, 78, of Eagle, Colo., formerly of Columbia, passed away Monday, March 19, 2012, at South Hampton Place in Columbia after a brief illness. An avid Broncos fan, he abhorred Manning and evidently wanted out before a deal was done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-obituary-says-wanted-die-broncos-acquired-peyton-230608456.html

It can't be mCg, he is still trying to go back into time to change Elway's mind about Tebow.

colorado jones
03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
It can't be mCg, he is still trying to go back into time to change Elway's mind about Tebow.

You are projecting.

Ratboy
03-21-2012, 08:00 PM

Survivor is still on!

Blueflame
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
It's a witch hunt...

McDman
03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
It's so awesome that he disappeared. I can't wait until he goes on a Jets' board. He's got a surprise if he thought we were a$$holes.

canadianbroncosfan
03-21-2012, 11:22 PM
It's so awesome that he disappeared. I can't wait until he goes on a Jets' board. He's got a surprise if he thought we were a$$holes.

Isn't he banned?

broncocalijohn
03-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Mac is banned but we are hoping he makes it permanent.

Shananahan
03-21-2012, 11:55 PM
There really isn't a reason to unban him at this point.

McDman
03-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Why did he get banned?

That One Guy
03-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Why did he get banned?

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104118

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Macgruder was never a Bronco fan.

hookemhess
03-22-2012, 08:25 AM
I, for one, would like to see Macgruder unbanned effective immediately. It's a shame we didn't get to witness his metldown over the last few days.

Crushaholic
03-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I get TJ's point about "fake news stories", but MacGruder did this to himself. If he wanted to be a productive part of the the OM community, that thread would have probably been treated as a joke...

Ronnie Tsunami
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM

bet my left nut he's already made several threads undermining sanchez

Rohirrim
03-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I, for one, would like to see Macgruder unbanned effective immediately. It's a shame we didn't get to witness his metldown over the last few days.

That's what I was thinking. It would have been epic.

Miss I.
03-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Broncobow or whatever is more annoying though I won't miss MacGruber or whatnot. I never saw that thread. I still say an actual hammer would be a better smilie for banning, but still I like that banned smilie.

canadianbroncosfan
03-23-2012, 11:18 AM
http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104118

That's beautiful however I would have loved to witness the meltdown personally.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Broncobow or whatever is more annoying though I won't miss MacGruber or whatnot. I never saw that thread. I still say an actual hammer would be a better smilie for banning, but still I like that banned smilie.

I havent seen Broncbow in a while... I assume the ban is IP based.

canadianbroncosfan
03-23-2012, 11:23 AM
I havent seen Broncbow in a while... I assume the ban is IP based.

he got banned for starting a thread wishing that EFX died in a plane crash or something.

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
he got banned for starting a thread wishing that EFX died in a plane crash or something.

They are what we thought they were!

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 08:06 PM

This just shows how stupid some people on this board are...

Why on Earth would I meltdown??

Its the complete opposite... this is EPIC awsomeness..

Tebow goes to the Jets and outshines the Broncos a thousand times.

He's even on a better team with a REAL coach that is actually a man... Has REAL GMs..

He even has an offensive coordinator that KNOWS how to use him.

My only issue now is the continued smear campaign being run by Elway and co.

That One Guy
03-24-2012, 08:15 PM

He's even on a better team with a REAL coach that is actually a man... Has REAL GMs..

Mac returns.

But I don't know why....?

maven
03-24-2012, 08:17 PM

You know you're ****ed when you're counting on Sporano to do anything.

barryr
03-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Mac returns.

But I don't know why....?

Could it be because people keep starting threads about him?

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 08:21 PM
You know you're ****ed when you're counting on Sporano to do anything.

He at least knows how to use the wildcat. He will at least have the STONES to use it...

And could he be any worse than McCoy and Fox?

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Could it be because people keep starting threads about him?

Exactly.. thank you! haha

This is the thanks I get too.. I told them Tebow would be good and they made a run into the playoffs..

And what do I get.. crucified for it. lol

Bronco Boy
03-24-2012, 08:25 PM
He at least knows how to use the wildcat. He will at least have the STONES to use it...

Well he never won a playoff game. So...yeah.

maven
03-24-2012, 08:26 PM

You do not know much about Sporano, I take from your response.

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 08:38 PM
You do not know much about Sporano, I take from your response.

He won games just running the wildcat.. that takes more balls than Fox has shown his entire coaching career combined..

Bronco Boy
03-24-2012, 08:46 PM
He won games just running the wildcat.. that takes more balls than Fox has shown his entire coaching career combined..

He must be a head coach somewhere prestigious then today yes? BRB checking wikipedia.

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 08:59 PM
He must be a head coach somewhere prestigious then today yes? BRB checking wikipedia.

Tebow and Sparano are in similar situations.. they both were dragged down by organizations run like crap..

Bronco Boy
03-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Tebow and Sparano are in similar situations.. they both were dragged down by organizations run like crap..

So surely a successful franchise must have realized they were both diamonds in the rough and given Sparano a HC Job and Tebow a starting QB position. BRB checking Wikipedia.

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 09:09 PM
So surely a successful franchise must have realized they were both diamonds in the rough and given Sparano a HC Job and Tebow a starting QB position. BRB checking Wikipedia.

Tebow WAS essentially given a starting QB position... haven't you learned anything from the Orton saga?

And Sparano just needed a Tebow to save him in Miami.. Fox and Elway would have been in worse shape without Tebow to save them..

Bronco Boy
03-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Tebow WAS essentially given a starting QB position... haven't you learned anything from the Orton saga?

And Sparano just needed a Tebow to save him in Miami.. Fox and Elway would have been in worse shape without Tebow to save them..

And they both failed. The end.

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 09:20 PM
And they both failed. The end.

Wrong.. Elway and Fox failed..

The only thing those guys can get right is a smear campaign against Tebow.. because they don't want people to realize they are completely clueless..

And I was talking about Tebow being given a starting Qb position at New York.. it's the same thing as with Orton.. only this time when he starts the guys playing him will know what to do with him and he will have an actual team and GM around him..

Bronco Boy
03-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Wrong.. Elway and Fox failed..

The only thing those guys can get right is a smear campaign against Tebow.. because they don't want people to realize they are completely clueless..

And I was talking about Tebow being given a starting Qb position at New York.. it's the same thing as with Orton.. only this time when he starts the guys playing him will know what to do with him and he will have an actual team and GM around him..

Elway and Fox had nothing to do with Sparanos epic fail in Miami. And Fox did his best to make a QB as horrible as Tebow successful.

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Elway and Fox had nothing to do with Sparanos epic fail in Miami. And Fox did his best to make a QB as horrible as Tebow successful.

Fox and Elway were far far worse than Sparano.. Sparano could have won with Orton.. McD did and the Broncos had a ton of injuries McD's last season.

And again.. Sparano had no Tebow.. Foz and Elway would have likely been run out of the league by now if Tebow hadn't saved them.

broncocalijohn
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
So MacGruder is counting on the Wildcat for Tebow and not a standard QB position. Oh, have we falled so far.

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 10:04 PM
So MacGruder is counting on the Wildcat for Tebow and not a standard QB position. Oh, have we falled so far.

I didn't say ONLY the wildcat.. but that will help to get the most out of Tebow. But hey... anyone is going to look like a creative genius compared to Fox. Even if Sparano sucks at least he fits Tebow unlike Fox.. AND Tebow has a much better defense around him than the Broncos and the offensive talent can't be worse...

Sparano also has tons of experience coaching Olines.. with Tebow's deep passing ability this could be a match made in heaven. If the Broncos had a decent Oline in that Pats game who KNOWS where the Broncos could have gone last season...

Jekyll15Hyde
03-24-2012, 10:14 PM

Out of the league in 5 years or less.... write it down

MacGruder
03-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Out of the league in 5 years or less.... write it down

Let me guess.. you also probably said Tebow couldn't outplay Orton..

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 01:41 PM
I didn't say ONLY the wildcat.. but that will help to get the most out of Tebow. But hey... anyone is going to look like a creative genius compared to Fox. Even if Sparano sucks at least he fits Tebow unlike Fox.. AND Tebow has a much better defense around him than the Broncos and the offensive talent can't be worse...

Sparano also has tons of experience coaching Olines.. with Tebow's deep passing ability this could be a match made in heaven. If the Broncos had a decent Oline in that Pats game who KNOWS where the Broncos could have gone last season...

So when a team runs the WC doesn't the STARTING QB split wide and pretends to block?

If Tebow is getting the ball out of the WC formation that means that the Jets have moved him to FB/HB right?

Tebow will be missed on 3rd and 16 and near the goal line but we have a QB who can now score from anywhere on the field.

MacGruder
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM
So when a team runs the WC doesn't the STARTING QB split wide and pretends to block?

If Tebow is getting the ball out of the WC formation that means that the Jets have moved him to FB/HB right?

I don't think so.. this is why they talk about Sanchez being taken out of the game. Ithink that is only the case when the wildcatter is already on the field. I don't think Tebow has to be on the field to be used as the wildcat. They could do it at times but it isn't necessary.

Tebow will be missed on 3rd and 16 and near the goal line but we have a QB who can now score from anywhere on the field.

Anywhere on the field unless the field is in the playoffs... ;)

I don't think the QB was the problem then and it won't be now.. the problem was the coach and the team just like it is now.. Tebow was just the scapegoat..

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't think the QB was the problem then and it won't be now.. the problem was the coach and the team just like it is now.. Tebow was just the scapegoat..

You don't understand that McCoy played to Tebow's strengths do you? It is like Fox and McCoy were in the newspaper business and forced to present everything at a 3rd grade level.

As Tebow got better they slowly gave him more. Unleashing the Tebow would have cost them the season and we would have been denied 30 minutes of uninterrupted Tebow time on ESPN's Pregame show. Fox and McCoy made Tebow. Tebow is going to the Jets to become a glorified hybrid RB/HB/TE