PDA

View Full Version : The Tebow Era Ends In Denver

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
So that's it. Tebow goes to the Big Apple and gets in a New York state of mind while Peyton rides into this dusty old cowtown trying to resurrect his gunslinger past. What say you, Broncos fans? Good, bad or indifferent?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Loved Tebow. Excited about Manning. Suck it.

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 07:23 PM

No one ever seems to make an option like that. It's always black and white.

footstepsfrom#27
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
What a shame.

bronco militia
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
**** you McHotrod!!

;D

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 07:25 PM

And yet, you have access to so many drugs. :pity:

rmsanger
03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
It's been real!

http://vice.typepad.com/vice_magazine/images/2009/01/02/peace_out.jpg

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 07:28 PM
No one ever seems to make an option like that. It's always black and white.

If you made polls like that all you'd get are mediocre responses.

Do you like candidate A or candidate B, or do you kind of like both of them?

Uh, sure. Number three.

What's the point?

Archer81
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I am wrestling with my dislike for Peyton Manning. 2003-2004 is hard to let go of. If we are going with the world's largest head on a toothpick, lets at least give him what he needs to make it work.

:Broncos:

GreatBronco16
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Poor choices, but I picked I don't like it. I soooo wanted to see this team finally build itself around a QB. I like Tebow and everything he brought to the game in Denver. I still think with the proper coaching, he could have gotten better in Denver. I don't like it, and I don't think Manning will bring us back to the title.......but I'm going to cheer Manning and this team on, just I have been doing no matter the QB.

I hope Tebow finds sucess in NY. I doubt it though.....NY is hard on QBs.

broncosteven
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
The poll is an EPIC FAIL because it is not multiple choice and you can't see who picked what.

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I am wrestling with my dislike for Peyton Manning. 2003-2004 is hard to let go of. If we are going with the world's largest head on a toothpick, lets at least give him what he needs to make it work.

Yeah, but he's OUR world's biggest head on a toothpick. We had "ol' horse teeth," remember? All our best QBs were funny looking. Tebow was too pretty.

go_broncos
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
didn't like it..

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Well now he's got Rex Ryan to coach him. I dont think tebow will like Ryan's curse word rants. Sparano is already drawing up wildcat plays again.

Archer81
Yeah, but he's OUR world's biggest head on a toothpick. We had "ol' horse teeth," remember? All our best QBs were funny looking. Tebow was too pretty.

Luckily Denver still has Decker. I'm in, even if I am dragging my feet a bit. I told my mom the same thing today. Manning may be a big headed escapee from the Island of Dr Moreau, but he is our big headed escapee.

Gort

we now have a living PEZ dispenser as our QB.

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/manning.jpg

Archer81
03-21-2012, 07:35 PM
we now have a living PEZ dispenser as our QB.

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/manning.jpg

My brother compared Manning to the big headed dude from Green Lantern. I lol'ed, because its true.

BroncoBen
03-21-2012, 07:35 PM

Peyton Manning for me is like when Bill Romanowski played for the Broncos. When he was a Bronco I loved him.. when he didn't I hated him.

Peyton was a QB I always admired for his skill and knowledge of the game, but hated how he would get the calls from the Refs and how he seemed to always make plays.

Lets hope he gets the calls and makes the plays in Denver. Go Broncos !!

bronco militia
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/51930091.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD3B7732F02BFA4DFD 43FE42507C4D035868E51B2C6E172662F06BF04B24B4128C

Gort
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Peyton Manning for me is like when Bill Romanowski played for the Broncos. When he was a Bronco I loved him.. when he didn't I hated him.

Peyton was a QB I always admired for his skill and knowledge of the game, but hated how he would get the calls from the Refs and how he seemed to always make plays.

if we go out and hang 50+ on the Sandy Eggo Sparklers and Marmalard twice this year, i will forgive all past transgressions Peyton has committed against us.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Manning was the only way for EFX to dump Tebow without a fan revolt. As much as I loved rooting for Tebow, we just replaced him for Peyton F#%king Manning. I can't wait to watch Manning... with the league rules set up specifically for Manning... destroy the opposition instead of the Broncos.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Until a couple of days ago, I hated Manning's guts. What can I say?

Archer81
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/51930091.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD3B7732F02BFA4DFD 43FE42507C4D035868E51B2C6E172662F06BF04B24B4128C

...ugh.

halfback
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
I will always respect and be grateful for tims time here, he did some really special things and took us on one hell of a ride, I will always be a fan......but we got PEYTON freaking MANNING!!'n

TD30
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
If i thought we were 2 years away from a superbowl id be stoked but im not even sure this makes us a top 5 team. Our d gave up 45 points to the pats thats not on tebow

broncosteven
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM

REPped for truth!

ColoradoBuff
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
gonna miss Tebow but wish him nothing but the best!

Dedhed
03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't think there would have been anything sweeter than a Tebow led Broncos team winning the Lombrdi, but overall I get the move and think it was the best for all parties.

Elway and Co clearly didn't have a real interest in building around him, and that is the only way Tebow will be successful in the NFL.

El Jué
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I vote for the Tebow team, but I'm not really typical. I don't care whether they win or lose as long as they entertain me.

Goobzilla
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I am gonna miss Timmy no doubt. I hated the pick when we made it, but the kid won me over on and off the field. On the other hand I love Manning and hope he will be the Manning we've all grown to hate when he's demolished us. I voted can't decide, go figure.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
I am gonna miss Timmy no doubt. I hated the pick when we made it, but the kid won me over on and off the field. On the other hand I love Manning and hope he will be the Manning we've all grown to hate when he's demolished us. I voted can't decide, go figure.

Cake or death. Make your choice.

Cleo McDowell
03-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Will miss you Timmy. Thanks for the amazing memories.

Goobzilla
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
I've had a job where I wasn't wanted, and it is one of the worst feelings in the world. Sometimes all you can do is shoot the double bird on your way out the door and enjoy a change of scenery,

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
I've had a job where I wasn't wanted, and it is one of the worst feelings in the world. Sometimes all you can do is shoot the double bird on your way out the door and enjoy a change of scenery,

Or save the company from disaster to their complete and utter disappointment.

Jesterhole
03-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Where is the option for "Should have kept both, because what we got in return was pathetic"?

Bronco Yoda
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Manning was the only way for EFX to dump Tebow without a fan revolt. As much as I loved rooting for Tebow, we just replaced him for Peyton F#%king Manning. I can't wait to watch Manning... with the league rules set up specifically for Manning... destroy the opposition instead of the Broncos.

What's the rule on my Tebowner again? 4 day, 4 weeks, 4 months? At what point do i call 911?

Ratboy
03-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I am glad he's gone. I am extremely tired of subpar QB play. We now have a Quarterback who can consistantly get DT and Decker the ball.

Huge year for both of them.

yerner
03-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Best day in a long time for the Broncos. Feels to me like the Broncos are finally over the Mcd era.

Ratboy
03-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Best day in a long time for the Broncos. Feels to me like the Broncos are finally over the Mcd era.

This.

Taco John
03-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Love Tebow. Will always be a fan of his. Looking forward to the Peyton Manning era and excited about the WIN NOW Broncos.

Dutch
03-21-2012, 09:14 PM
If i thought we were 2 years away from a superbowl id be stoked but im not even sure this makes us a top 5 team. Our d gave up 45 points to the pats thats not on tebow

Did you see what happened to the Colts when they lost Peyton? Worst team in the league. As for the idea that giving up 45 to the Pats was all our D's fault, you are kidding....right? Our offensive ineptitude and lack of execution in that game had nothing to with the outcome or the points put up by the Pats? Seriously? How many games of 3 quarters of 3-and-outs is any defense supposed to hold up to? I'm going to go back this weekend and rewatch all the games we were blown out of this last year (hell... I'll try to watch all of them we lost), and see just how many of them our offense did anything to help out our "D". I pulled for Tebow this whole last year and have the posting track record to show for it. But to try and even evaluate how much better we could be as a team with Manning at the helm is rediculous. If we can get out the gate on teams in the first half, VonDoom is going to make Mathis and Freeney look pedestrian (while racing to see which one can get to 15 sacks first). I'm not even going to get into the idea of other free agents looking at us in a favorable new light as far as contending goes. Elway sent a very strong message to the rest of the NFL with this move. Time to get to work make it happen. Quit being a whinger and get on board, this should be fun.

Dutch
03-21-2012, 09:15 PM

Yep......

Goobzilla
03-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Love Tebow. Will always be a fan of his. Looking forward to the Peyton Manning era and excited about the WIN NOW Broncos.

We'd better win now, the window is small. Nice, but small.

Kaylore
03-21-2012, 10:07 PM
If Tebow did nothing more than get Orton benched, I would still love him. I will miss almost everything; the good plays that few humans can even hope to do, the fire, the honesty, the terrible plays that are so bad it's literally hilarious (spin move!), the comebacks, the wobbly ducks. I'll miss it all. Won't miss Broncbow, macgruder, or the other Gatorade fans excuses. I'm still mad about some of the religious bigotry against him too. Hopefully we'll move on, but I wish Tebow the best.

Mecklomaniac
03-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Where is the still ticked off that Mcdaniels ran off cutler option?

stopgap
03-21-2012, 10:37 PM
If Tebow did nothing more than get Orton benched, I would still love him. I will miss almost everything; the good plays that few humans can even hope to do, the fire, the honesty, the terrible plays that are so bad it's literally hilarious (spin move!), the comebacks, the wobbly ducks. I'll miss it all. Won't miss Broncbow, macgruder, or the other Gatorade fans excuses. I'm still mad about some of the religious bigotry against him too. Hopefully we'll move on, but I wish Tebow the best.

Pretty much have to agree with this sentiment.

baja
03-21-2012, 10:37 PM
We'd better win now, the window is small. Nice, but small.

Accurate. We traded a promising future for a great two year window

The question to be answered is were we a complete enough team to try this.

bpc
03-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Hard to argue with bringing Manning in, even for the most ardent Tebow fan.

I loved the time #15 had in Denver. Glad my son's don't understand what a player leaving means yet because my oldest definitely likes that guy.

I'm looking forward to a healthy #18 driving opposing defenses bonkers like he used to do to me. That will be fun.

R8R H8R
03-21-2012, 10:50 PM
I am ecstatic we got Manning, but just wished there was a way to keep Tebow. Oh well, maybe he improves dramatically this off season and pushes Sanchez for the starting job.

NUB
03-21-2012, 11:04 PM
This move will not end well for many of those involved.

Broncoman13
03-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Tim Tebow is my favorite player in the NFL. But I am objective enough to realize that he just wasn't a very good QB. The move for Manning was the right move and I'm happy that he is a Bronco... very surreal day yesterday for me.

I still believe that Tebow is going to be one helluva player in this league. I don't think in the long run it will be at QB, but when he fails out of QB I expect someone to make great use of him as a Frank Wycheck type HB/TE. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see an innovative coach use him much like Bilicheat used Aaron Hernandez this year... but Tebow will be a lot better at it.

OBF1
03-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Hotrod is a butt nugget.... He always gets my vote :)

zdoor
03-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Loved Tebow. Enjoyed last season unlike half the pin heads on here. Hope he does well and will be one of the only players thats no longer a Bronco I'll follow.

But come on... It's Peyton freakin Manning. Hard not to be excited...

Bronco Yoda
03-22-2012, 02:03 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rVoKlqbz1l4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown
03-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Im happy and sad but feel like it was the smart move to make. Now we have Manning and some extra picks in the draft.

broncobum6162
03-22-2012, 07:46 AM
So that's it. Tebow goes to the Big Apple and gets in a New York state of mind while Peyton rides into this dusty old cowtown trying to resurrect his gunslinger past. What say you, Broncos fans? Good, bad or indifferent?

A short term answer to a long term problem....In a few years we'll be right back here wondering and analyzing the new QB we just drafted and comparing him to Manning and stressing about our future.

broncobum6162
03-22-2012, 07:50 AM

Yes, yes......all of the above. I wish him the best too. I wish things could have been different. (God, doesn't that sound cheezy? I almost sound like a jilted lover.....Maybe we can still be friends)

jhns
03-22-2012, 07:55 AM
I like Tebow and what he brings to the table. I like Manning a LOT more. I wish Tebow would have stayed to develop, but I don't mind getting extra resources to help the team win now. I am way too excited for the season that is many months away.

55CrushEm
03-22-2012, 07:59 AM

This.