PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow IS a Jet THE END (EDIT) Tebow a Bronco again - Trade on HOLD until new contract is signed

Pages : [1] 2

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
It's done. It's over. THE END

Confirmed by Schefter. Filed to ESPN, etc.

Jets pay HALF of the 5 mill.

We got boned in the trade imo, but I guess that means the Jags were offering **** in return. Aka. Khan wanted the public to think he tried or w/e.

Jets got their guy. He's going to be a focal part of their goal line **** and wild cat offense.

Mark Sanchez is cutting himself.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 07:17 PM

We got boned in the trade imo, but I guess that means the Jags were offering **** in return. Aka. Khan wanted the public to think he tried or w/e.

Jets got their guy. He's going to be a focal part of their goal line **** and wild cat offense.

I'm not seeing mention of our 7th anymore though. So was that split of the 5 in exchange for the 7th?

bronco militia
according to Adam schefter, tebow picked the Jets over the Jags

lolcopter
Sanchez is the new orton

MortonToMoses
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Sanchez is the new orton

Lot more billboards in NY

Drunken.Broncoholic

This should confuse tebowites.

bronco militia
The deal was halted earlier due to language in Tebow's contract relating to prepaid bonuses and salary, but the Jets have agreed to pay half of the $5 million in compensation back to Denver to finish the trade, the source said.

The Jaguars re-entered trade talks following the snag in the original deal and the Broncos allowed Tebow to weight in on which way the deal went, according a source told Schefter.

According to a source, Tebow was said to be excited about the prospect of playing with the Jets.

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 07:20 PM

Very interesting.

Archer81

Ouch. That has to sting, Mr Khan. Or should I say Super Mario...can't fool me.

:Broncos:

orangeatheist
It's over. THE END

Revelation 22:18-19, I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book; if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away that person's share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

crush17
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/jets-to-acquire-tebow-split-refund-with-broncos

According to Schefter, the Jaguars had jumped back into the bidding after the initial deal fell through, and were willing to pay most or all of that $5,036,250 figure. Incredibly, Schefter reports that Tebow ended up having some input into where he landed, and he chose the Jets, despite wide assumptions he preferred to go home to Florida.

As Schefter puts it, the Jets coaching staff was clearly more interested than the Jaguars coaches were, and this apparently made the move to Gang Green more appealing to Tebow.

If we're reading this correctly, this means the Broncos have taken a lesser return in terms of both draft choices (the Jags pick higher in each round than do the Jets) and cash, to honor Tebow's preference. Remarkable, truly.

lolcopter
03-21-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/jets-to-acquire-tebow-split-refund-with-broncos

According to Schefter, the Jaguars had jumped back into the bidding after the initial deal fell through, and were willing to pay most or all of that $5,036,250 figure. Incredibly, Schefter reports that Tebow ended up having some input into where he landed, and he chose the Jets, despite wide assumptions he preferred to go home to Florida.

As Schefter puts it, the Jets coaching staff was clearly more interested than the Jaguars coaches were, and this apparently made the move to Gang Green more appealing to Tebow.

If we're reading this correctly, this means the Broncos have taken a lesser return in terms of both draft choices (the Jags pick higher in each round than do the Jets) and cash, to honor Tebow's preference. Remarkable, truly.

Well that sucks

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 07:22 PM

Yet teboners will still whine and cry about Elway lowballing tebow to the jets.

crush17
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
You just gotta say that Tebow deserved to make that decision and it was the classiest thing that the FO could do in that situation.

UberBroncoMan
Sanchez is the new orton

Ouch!

orangeatheist

Beav and the Funky Bunch will surely spin this so that Elway looks like the villain of the story.

Archer81
03-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Apparently Elway is a wizard ninja. My earlier opposition to this Manning signing has crumbled to the point that I now feel just a little disappointment that Tebow has been sent to New York.

Ah well. If we are going to do this, lets sign some impact players and have a good draft and see where it goes.

McDman
03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
No way we got boned. Obviously this was the best we were going to get and we absolutely had to get rid of him. He should've been drafted in the fourth anyways.

KevinJames
03-21-2012, 07:28 PM
If its similar compensation I am glad John let Tebow pick where he wanted to go between the two teams

not shocked at all he picked the Jets, people will try to spin it and say Elway screwed him truth is he let him pick the team he wanted to go to and it wasn't the Jags might shock some people but not me.

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
If its similar compensation I am glad John let Tebow pick where he wanted to go between the two teams

not shocked at all he picked the Jets, people will try to spin it and say Elway screwed him truth is he let him pick the team he wanted to go to and it wasn't the Jags might shock some people but not me.

I think more people (read: agent) were helping to influence Tebow's choice, if the FO was really allowing him to do so.

R8R H8R
03-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Just as I expected, both the Broncos & Tebow have handled this in class. Good for both of them.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Sanchez is the new orton

Ouch! ;D

Chris
03-21-2012, 07:35 PM
As a NY Broncos fan, I'm happy my team is better, we got draft picks... and Tebow has a chance to play since Sanchez ****ing sucks. Oh and I'll get to go see Tebow play if I want to.

KevinJames
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I think more people (read: agent) were helping to influence Tebow's choice, if the FO was really allowing him to do so.

Doubt it.

New York gives him the highest platform in America to spread his message.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM

Pretty damn classy, Broncos.

iforgotmypassword
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Really wish it was any other team (minus in the division). Really wanted to cheer for him, I'm not sure Rex Ryan will let me do that.

Gort
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
once you're a jet, you're always a jet.

:-/

BroncoBen
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Doubt it.

I was thinking the same thing... this will be good for his Philanthropy.

And the more I think about, it might be a good fit for both Tebow and the Jets. Tim will get to play in those wildcat formations, he will push Sanchez, and he could be good for the Jets Locker room.

Go luck Tim Tebow..

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Should be plenty of Lulz.

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Cromaratacanttackle**** is already tweeting **** about Tebow.

Very divided locker room inc.

Glad it's not our problem.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Cro and Teebs are both pro-life. Common ground and whatnot.

baja
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM

I'm not surprised really .

1. Tim is a Christian first and foremost and although he loves football and gives more effort than just about anyone he does take advantage of his public exposure to spread his faith by example and what greater stage than Babylon herself.

2. He had a better shot at starting

3. Jets are a better team.

4. He love a challenge and that locker room is a den of iniquity.

R8R H8R
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM

Note to the coach:

You reap what you sow, Rex, you reap what you sow.

Man-Goblin
03-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Sanchez is the new orton

sancheznextorton

TD30
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Good luck tebow kick some arse

baja
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM

It was the right thing to do. Tebow deserved it. God bless Elway. My faith is restored. (if true)

ØrangeÇrush
03-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Doubt it.

Quoted for truth...The largest market in the world is now his platform for sending his message. Good luck to him! I'd rather listen to him talk than namath anyday.

baja
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Yet teboners will still whine and cry about Elway lowballing tebow to the jets.

I don't think so at least most won't. It was Tim's choice. Who can complain about that.

Lycan
Note to the coach:

You reap what you sow, Rex, you reap what you sow.

P.S. You're a douche.

FYP.

Dr. Broncenstein
Lol the overtly Christian do-gooder is the polarizing figure on a team comprised of ex-cons, degenerates, deadbeat fathers, and foul-mouthed toe suckers.

Vegas_Bronco
We should have grabbed a DT in all this somewhere...one with experience. Good luck Teebs and blow their doors off.

baja
03-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Beav and the Funky Bunch will surely spin this so that Elway looks like the villain of the story.

Wanta bet?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Quoted for truth...The largest market in the world is now his platform for sending his message. Good luck to him! I'd rather listen to him talk than namath anyday.

A largely liberal market.

maher_tyler
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM

Wouldn't be that surprised if they ended up cutting the douche!

Fedaykin
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM
While I wouldn't have been opposed to him sticking around to learn the job, it'll be great that to be rid of the majority of his circus clown fanbase.

Good luck (except against us) Tebow.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
So what picks do we have now?

1,2,3 and TWO 4ths? Aren't we missing some picks for a couple trades?

baja
03-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Tim will have Rex Tebowing by mid season mark my words ;D

Turd_Ferguson
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Pretty shocked he chose the Jets... Even Tebow doesn't wanna watch the Jags. haha Looks like they can roll those tarps back out.

TheDave
Good for the FO... Good for Tim.

Though I m glad to be done with the side show, I do wish him the best.

cutthemdown
I don't why Jet players would want to bad mouth Tebow. How is that a good way to treat a new teammate? What a toxic environment it must be. They basically are the ugly sister to the Giants, get no respect for the NY football crowd etc etc.

uplink
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Khan will be firing some guys after Gabbert sucks it up this coming year. Khan should have pulled a Bud Adams with his football people. He said he would have drafted Tebow if in Jacksonville, then all his team offered was a 4th rounder.

Gort
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Lol the overtly Christian do-gooder is the polarizing figure on a team comprised of ex-cons, degenerates, deadbeat fathers, and foul-mouthed toe suckers.

that segment on Hard Knocks 2 years ago when Cromartie was trying to remember the names and ages of all of his kids was one of the most unintentionally hilarious things i've seen in a long time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bHe1AT-rk50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Pretty shocked he chose the Jets... Even Tebow doesn't wanna watch the Jags. haha Looks like they can roll those tarps back out.

Time to roll out the carpet in L.A. ;D

Vegas_Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Sooooo...what did we get in return?...there's 4 threads on this all stating something diff.

McDman
03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
No one can say Elway treated Tebow badly now. We took less money by asking him where he wanted to go.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
No one can say Elway treated Tebow badly now. We took less money by asking him where he wanted to go.

Yeah, that fixes the whole thing.

Old Dude
And so it begins ...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71443

lostknight
Strangely enough, I think this will work out well for Tebow. Rex and he are going to get along much better then anticipated, if nothing else because Rex is actually honest and blunt, which Tebow will appreciate after deali g with Fox and Elway. Rex is all about motivation, and plays well with the media.

And oh yeah, he wins games.

Gort
03-21-2012, 08:11 PM
A largely liberal market.

some moonbat on MSNBC has already had an on air meltdown about the Tebow trade to NY. of course, his claims about Tebow from the interview were invented in his own empty head, but that didn't stop him from smearing Tebow nonetheless...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2012/03/21/msnbcs-sports-writer-smears-tim-tebow-he-want-set-gays-back-30-or-40

baja
03-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah, that fixes the whole thing.

They believe in manning over Tebow, not what I wanted but it is very hard to argue against and now that Elway let Tim chose where he wanted to go there is not much to complain about anymore.

lostknight
03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
And so it begins ...

They are already showing him more support then he experienced here recently.

errand
03-21-2012, 08:15 PM

I know right?

I'm wondering if anyone's gonna be upset that tim tebow disrespected those jaguar fans.... why didn't he call every fan to let them know that he was gonna choose the jets.... especially after telling everybody in the world that he would rather play in jacksonville.

I wonder if Beavis and the rest of the nuthuggers are gonna be embarrassed to be a tebow fan now that he's done the same thing to Jax, that he claims john elway did to Tebow

Man-Goblin
03-21-2012, 08:15 PM
If you look at the trade value chart, the Jags 4th would have been worth almost exactly what the 4th plus 6th minus 7th is. Still can't understand why they would turn down $2.5 mill to let Tebow choose where he wanted to go.

But if he was allowed to choose, it doesnt surprise me. That decision ha CAA written all over it. Hell, they got Carmelo to NY at the expense of gutting the Knicks whole team. They get players to big markets. It's what they do.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
They are already showing him more support then he experienced here recently.

It's because he hasn't won them a playoff game yet.

barryr
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Now hopefully the idiot Tebow haters will go to the Jets' forums so they can bitch about Tebow and his his fans there.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
And so it begins ...

I'm just scanning through there looking for McGruder. :wiggle:

lostknight
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Now hopefully the idiot Tebow haters will go to the Jets' forums so they can b**** about Tebow and his his fans there.

^ this

That One Guy
Wanta bet?

Early indications are that you overestimated the crazies.

McDman
Poor Tim! He only has millions of dollars and plays a game for a living! How dare the people who have money at stake make a football decision!

Dedhed
03-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Doubt it.

And he'll start for them at some point next year.

errand
03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
^ this

Why would Bronco fans go to Jets site?

BroncoBeavis
They believe in manning over Tebow, not what I wanted but it is very hard to argue against and now that Elway let Tim chose where he wanted to go there is not much to complain about anymore.

I believe it to be a mistake in judgement. If that was all, I'd say just that and pipe down.

But shifting a few picks later in the 4th fricking round doesn't make up for Elway lying to Tebow and the world about his intentions. Great, we'll pick at 105th or something instead of 112th. All better?

Lombardis will be the only thing that can fix the sour taste. And even then the trust is long gone.

baja
I know right?

I'm wondering if anyone's gonna be upset that tim tebow disrespected those jaguar fans.... why didn't he call every fan to let them know that he was gonna choose the jets.... especially after telling everybody in the world that he would rather play in jacksonville.

I wonder if Beavis and the rest of the nuthuggers are gonna be embarrassed to be a tebow fan now that he's done the same thing to Jax, that he claims john elway did to Tebow

You're pretty much a tool errand

baja
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Early indications are that you overestimated the crazies.

Bevis seems like a reasonable guy he'll figure it out.

The hard core Tebowites are already registering on Jet Fan

Man-Goblin
03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
If you look at the trade value chart, the Jags 4th would have been worth almost exactly what the 4th plus 6th minus 7th is. Still can't understand why they would turn down $2.5 mill to let Tebow choose where he wanted to go.

But if he was allowed to choose, it doesnt surprise me. That decision ha CAA written all over it. Hell, they got Carmelo to NY at the expense of gutting the Knicks whole team. They get players to big markets. It's what they do.

You dumb ****! Are you blind?

Condon: "John, here's my plan. Peyton really wants to come there. Tell ya what, I'll nudge him your way and maybe you can help me get my young superstar to New York *wink wink*."

Elway: "We're going with plan A!!"

errand
03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Very interesting.

QB controversy in NY now......if Sanchez struggles even a little, the Tebow tribe will put up billboards, etc...chanting, etc. and that will cause Sanchez to be traded to Seattle, reuniting him with his old college coach Pete Carroll.

baja
03-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I believe it to be a mistake in judgement. If that was all, I'd say just that and pipe down.

But shifting a few picks later in the 4th fricking round doesn't make up for Elway lying to Tebow and the world about his intentions. Great, we'll pick at 105th or something instead of 112th. All better?

Lombardis will be the only thing that can fix the sour taste. And even then the trust is long gone.

Elway said Tim would be the starter going into camp BEFORE Manning became available. Elway has a responsibility to the Broncos to field the best team possible Manning became available and he went out and got him, hard to argue against that even if you don't agree with it.

barryr
03-21-2012, 08:29 PM
QB controversy in NY now......if Sanchez struggles even a little, the Tebow tribe will put up billboards, etc...chanting, etc. and that will cause Sanchez to be traded to Seattle, reuniting him with his old college coach Pete Carroll.

Are you still going to cry about Tebow even when playing on another team? Give it up already.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Elway said Tim would be the starter going into camp BEFORE Manning became available. Elway has a responsibility to the Broncos to field the best team possible Manning became available and he went out and got him, hard to argue against that even if you don't agree with it.

And Elway was also shopping Tebow BEFORE Manning became available. In fact he was shopping Tebow at exactly the same time he was saying that he hoped Tebow was the future.

Manning was a convenient excuse, and I'm glad we got him over the alternatives. But I'd rather they kept an open mind because I don't believe a 36 year old QB is all that stands between this team and being the best.

OBF1
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
a good deal for everyone. we handled by both our FO and TT. Good luck in the future.

errand
03-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Mark Schlereth when asked why Broncos traded Tebow basically said Broncos were tired of the nuthuggers...."they've put up with it for two years....they're tired of it"

Congrats nuthuggers....you helped get the only HC that truly wanted Tebow get fired, now you got your favorite son sent packing as well....

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 08:34 PM
...shifting a few picks later in the 4th fricking round doesn't make up for Elway lying to Tebow and the world about his intentions...

You were saying, baja?

Nothing, but nothing, will make these jackasses happy. I swear I don't know why they're on this board. And you call errand a tool?

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
They're not so happy over here: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4406768#post4406768

This trade is beyond idiotic. I can't remember hating this franchise anymore than I do today. What are the Jets paying this guy millions of dollars to do? Play the wildcat a couple of snaps a game? Didn't we already have someone to do that in Kerley? To be a backup ... isn't that what Stanton is for? Does Stanton get released now? A week after signing the contract?

Are they seriously grooming Tebow to be the future QB? Are they fu$$ing blind? Does the team have any money left to sign free agents or is Tebow going to play FS? Hell, he would probably be a better FS than QB anyway.

errand
03-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Are you still going to cry about Tebow even when playing on another team? Give it up already.

Seems to me and all the rationally sane posters, it's the nuthuggers that have been shedding tears....have fun spelling J-E-T-S....

barryr
You were saying, baja?

Nothing, but nothing, will make these jackasses happy. I swear I don't know why they're on this board. And you call errand a tool?

Or why people like you spend countless posts about them every day. Try posting about something else.

Dr. Broncenstein
Mark Schlereth when asked why Broncos traded Tebow basically said Broncos were tired of the nuthuggers...."they've put up with it for two years....they're tired of it"

Congrats nuthuggers....you helped get the only HC that truly wanted Tebow get fired, now you got your favorite son sent packing as well....

This is a terminal case of McButthurt. Get your house in order.

cabronco
03-21-2012, 08:38 PM
So everything in the deal is essentially the same as far as picks, but Broncos have to pay 2.5 of the 5 mil. ? If its true than at least its over, and Tebow chose Jets over Jags. Good luck to him.

Dedhed
03-21-2012, 08:39 PM

You're such a douche. It's great to see you constantly out yourself as a complete trolling knob.

barryr
03-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Seems to me and all the rationally sane posters, it's the nuthuggers that have been shedding tears....have fun spelling J-E-T-S....

For someone who is supposedly happy about the signing of Manning, you still spend most of your posts about Tebow and his fans. Try a new schtick already, it is old and makes you look stupid.

R8R H8R
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3534126]Pretty shocked he chose the Jets... Even Tebow doesn't wanna watch the Jags. haha Looks like they can roll those tarps back out.[/

This was a head scratcher for me also at first, but actually is starting to make a little more sense when you think about it. My understanding is that Rex Ryan and Tebow share the same agent.

Apparently, the agent got word out that the Jets coaching staff is more committed to Tebow as a QB than was the Jags coaching staff. I think the Jags coaching staff was just doing what the owner wanted, but still was committed to Gabbert.

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Seems they can already smell the stink in NY:

Jake: I'll support him but I'm going to ****ing HATE the idiot fans who come aboard strictly cause of Tebow. **** them.
There are a TON of em.

deathstar: Get ready for them to register here in mass...

The main broncos forum was loaded with these morons. Your board is gonna get polluted with sanchez sucks, start tebow threads...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=2450150&postcount=92

errand
03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Good for the FO... Good for Tim.

Though I m glad to be done with the side show, I do wish him the best.

Agree 100%....sucks a nice guy like tebow has so many whack jobs as fans.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Someone needs to troll the jets board Macgragemenon style for the Lulz. Project, betrayal, truth phases, etc.

baja
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
And Elway was also shopping Tebow BEFORE Manning became available. In fact he was shopping Tebow at exactly the same time he was saying that he hoped Tebow was the future.

Manning was a convenient excuse, and I'm glad we got him over the alternatives. But I'd rather they kept an open mind because I don't believe a 36 year old QB is all that stands between this team and being the best.

Well I would rather have built a team around Tebow too. I think he has a tremendous future but there is nothing to be accomplished by continued bitching about it. It's done. We have two choices stick with the Broncos or follow Tebow to the Jets. Either way it's time to deal with the reality PM is the QB of the Broncos and let go of what might have been.

BTW how do you know Elway was shopping TT before the Manning release?

Broncos4tw
03-21-2012, 08:47 PM

LOL

It's a BUSINESS. The TEAM is going to do what is best for the TEAM. Not one player. If you are going to rage at a team because they are doing what they feel is best to win games and the SB, you picked the wrong sport. NFL stands for: Not For Long. It is not the job of the front office to make every player as happy as possible. To make them promises and keep them no matter what. It's to WIN GAMES. Win championships! And you are an utter nutcase if you think that Tebow gives the team a better chance to win SBs in the next several years, over Manning.

baja
03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
You were saying, baja?

I don't know what they have to complain about now.

errand has earned his tool status over many years IMO

errand
03-21-2012, 08:52 PM
You were saying, baja?

These clowns are hero worshipers....they put Tebow before the team. Wait until season starts....they'll post about how Tebow is doing just like they did when Cutler left, Hillis, etc....

KevinJames
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Jets forums meeet MacGruder & AlphaSierra

LMAO

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:54 PM
LOL

It's a BUSINESS. The TEAM is going to do what is best for the TEAM. Not one player. If you are going to rage at a team because they are doing what they feel is best to win games and the SB, you picked the wrong sport. NFL stands for: Not For Long. It is not the job of the front office to make every player as happy as possible. To make them promises and keep them no matter what. It's to WIN GAMES. Win championships! And you are an utter nutcase if you think that Tebow gives the team a better chance to win SBs in the next several years, over Manning.

Better chance "Over the next several years" doesn't mean anything if the total is still zero. Tebow hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Manning's on the way down from his. I don't think Manning has one left. Hope I'm wrong, but I think Tebow's got a better shot at one over the long term than Manning.

This move is a failure if it ends in no titles. Because you don't pay an old guy record breaking amounts of money for a "hey, we were more competitive than before!" Manning's salary and approach hurts the long-term development of this team.

errand
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
This is a terminal case of McButthurt. Get your house in order.

I'm not hurt that McDaniels got fired...going 11-18, and getting busted cheating, and fan revolt had alot to do with that...My main problem with him being fired was I think if ANYONE could've made Tim a legitimate QB, it was him....

John Fox is our head coach and I applauded the hiring

Man-Goblin
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3534126]Pretty shocked he chose the Jets... Even Tebow doesn't wanna watch the Jags. haha Looks like they can roll those tarps back out.[/

This was a head scratcher for me also at first, but actually is starting to make a little more sense when you think about it. My understanding is that Rex Ryan and Tebow share the same agent.

Apparently, the agent got word out that the Jets coaching staff is more committed to Tebow as a QB than was the Jags coaching staff. I think the Jags coaching staff was just doing what the owner wanted, but still was committed to Gabbert.

Did not know CAA represented Rex Ryan too! This whole thing makes sense now. So CAA represents Manning, Tebow AND Ryan. And CAA got what they wanted. Huge contract for Manning (which the Jets never could have fit under their cap) and Tebow in the biggest market imaginable. Quite a power organization they are.

errand
03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't know what they have to complain about now.

errand has earned his tool status over many years IMO

Roll another joint hippie...

Bronco Yoda
03-21-2012, 09:02 PM

but...but....but.... I was t.t.t..ttt..ttold that Elway is now the Devil !

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 09:04 PM
but...but....but.... I was t.t.t..ttt..ttold that Elway is now the Devil !

Careful! Barryr will be along soon to tell you you spend too much time nuthugging the nuthuggers! ROFL!

errand
03-21-2012, 09:04 PM
You're such a douche. It's great to see you constantly out yourself as a complete trolling knob.

Well, one thing's for sure...you'll never find me on a Jets board, or checking the box scores to see how Tim's doing...but I'm positive you and your cronies will....

McDman
03-21-2012, 09:20 PM
sancheznextorton

Sad thing is, I think Orton is better than Sanchez. Both are mentally weak and I expect Sanchez to fail. Maybe this what he needed though.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403957_3585233833347_1348316884_3453185_1069777431 _n.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403957_3585233833347_1348316884_3453185_1069777431 _n.jpg

Hahaha awesome

baja
03-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Roll another joint hippie...

I rarely smoke and when I do I use a pipe. The quality I get would kill you in joint.

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Well, one thing's for sure...you'll never find me on a Jets board, or checking the box scores to see how Tim's doing...but I'm positive you and your cronies will....

I've wanted Tebow gone as long as anyone (not named TGN, of course) but I'll probably keep up with how his career goes out of curiosity.

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Better chance "Over the next several years" doesn't mean anything if the total is still zero. Tebow hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Manning's on the way down from his. I don't think Manning has one left. Hope I'm wrong, but I think Tebow's got a better shot at one over the long term than Manning.

This move is a failure if it ends in no titles. Because you don't pay an old guy record breaking amounts of money for a "hey, we were more competitive than before!" Manning's salary and approach hurts the long-term development of this team.

While the salary drastically changes with Manning, your "hey, we were more competitive than before" is one of the reasons I wanted Tebow gone. I don't personally believe he'll ever string together enough consistent games against good competition to win a SB. He'll win games just as Vick did in his ATL days but can never win enough when they really matter. Gimmicks get figured out and inconsistent QBs have inconsistent games. At least with Manning if the rest of the pieces are there, the sky is the limit. With Tebow, you may have a record passing day or you may see 80% of his balls hit the turf. You just can't build a future around that.

Bronco Yoda
Bobo...

I really like Tebow.... and really don't like you.... yet I LMAO at this one. :)

baja

I definitely will, I'll even watch a Jets game when convenient. I will follow Tim's career for sure and he will be the first player to leave the fold that I have ever done that with.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
While the salary drastically changes with Manning, your "hey, we were more competitive than before" is one of the reasons I wanted Tebow gone. I don't personally believe he'll ever string together enough consistent games against good competition to win a SB. He'll win games just as Vick did in his ATL days but can never win enough when they really matter. Gimmicks get figured out and inconsistent QBs have inconsistent games. At least with Manning if the rest of the pieces are there, the sky is the limit. With Tebow, you may have a record passing day or you may see 80% of his balls hit the turf. You just can't build a future around that.

Hard to extrapolate what any QB is capable of based on his first 16 games. True, Tebow was maybe more inconsistent than most. But he was also thrown into a crappier situation than most. With gameplans designed to give him very few reps to get comfortable.

And like I said, he still ended with a higher YPA than most of his young counterparts. Tebow threw higher risk passes... more incompletions, but more yards. Plus far fewer interceptions than most.

If you look at the whole picture, things weren't nearly as bad as some would have you believe. Add a guy who's all heart and hard work... I have a terrible feeling we'll regret this move some day. Maybe sooner than we think.

03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
ta ta ta ta ta ta timmy and the jets

lolcopter
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I rarely smoke and when I do I use a pipe. The quality I get would kill you in joint.

Not possible

baja
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Not possible

You had to edit a two word post?

Dutch
03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
You had to edit a two word post?

Must have been smoking your quality hooch out of a joint....:wiggle:

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Hard to extrapolate what any QB is capable of based on his first 16 games. True, Tebow was maybe more inconsistent than most. But he was also thrown into a crappier situation than most. With gameplans designed to give him very few reps to get comfortable.

And like I said, he still ended with a higher YPA than most of his young counterparts. Tebow threw higher risk passes... more incompletions, but more yards. Plus far fewer interceptions than most.

If you look at the whole picture, things weren't nearly as bad as some would have you believe. Add a guy who's all heart and hard work... I have a terrible feeling we'll regret this move some day. Maybe sooner than we think.

It's possible.

I wish he could've been low key and just developed some more. Jake Locker was top 10 and we almost hear nothing of him while he sits on the bench. If Tebow's presence could've been that, he might still be around. In a vacuum, I'd have liked to see Tebow hang around for the chance that he could develop. In the situation that it became, that wasn't an option. I'm slightly disappointed in that. Reality forced it to be no other way, however.

Archer81
03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Now I'm curious which college freshman/sophomore is going to be the Broncos QBOTF. So he can't be a hippy like Plummer, can't trip over his own dog like Griese, has to avoid Jack Daniels unlike Orton, Has to have a chin and not have the beetus like Cutler and must not be a born again Christian who is a virgin at 24.

If he is the opposite of every QB we have had the last 8 years, then he is the unquestioned QBOTF.

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 10:13 PM
What if the Jets trades Tebow to the Jets now for a 3rd, lol.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Now I'm curious which college freshman/sophomore is going to be the Broncos QBOTF. So he can't be a hippy like Plummer, can't trip over his own dog like Griese, has to avoid Jack Daniels unlike Orton, Has to have a chin and not have the beetus like Cutler and must not be a born again Christian who is a virgin at 24.

If he is the opposite of every QB we have had the last 8 years, then he is the unquestioned QBOTF.

His name is Tyler Wilson.

baja
03-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Must have been smoking your quality hooch out of a joint....:wiggle:
ha!

R8R H8R
03-21-2012, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE]

Did not know CAA represented Rex Ryan too! This whole thing makes sense now. So CAA represents Manning, Tebow AND Ryan. And CAA got what they wanted. Huge contract for Manning (which the Jets never could have fit under their cap) and Tebow in the biggest market imaginable. Quite a power organization they are.

Yea, they are very powerful, and also the source of many leaks to the talking heads of the business. I firmly believe that Chris Mortensen was sitting on the Manning to Broncos story for days before he actually broke it.

How did he know? He's represented by CAA. I could be wrong, but I thought he was also represented by Tom Condon, same as Manning, but I am not positive of that.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=Man-Goblin;3534255]

Yea, they are very powerful, and also the source of many leaks to the talking heads of the business. I firmly believe that Chris Mortensen was sitting on the Manning to Broncos story for days before he actually broke it.

How did he know? He's represented by CAA. I could be wrong, but I thought he was also represented by Tom Condon, same as Manning, but I am not positive of that.

If a lawyer ever tried to play both sides of the fence, they call it conflict of interest, if you don't recuse yourself you can get sanctioned. Condon represented both Manning and Alex Smith. No way he can serve them both when Smiths team calling about Manning. How they get away with that crap is a total joke.

lostknight
03-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Don't act for a moment that Elway did Tebow any favors. He managed to **** Tebow one last time by sending him to the Jets instead of the Jags. There was no sacrifice, and Tebow was not consulting. No shock by anyone who has watched this classless organization.

Contrary to previous reports, the Broncos did what was in their self interest as an organization.
Vic Lombardi reports (https://twitter.com/#%21/VicLombardi/status/182651438730719233):
NEWS: I can confirm the Jets offered the better draft picks. The Jags package was less attractive. The Broncos chose the Jets.
Mike Klis confirmed this (https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeKlis/status/182680599943852035):
Jags offered same $2.53 million rebate as Jets. No more. Difference was Jets gave 6th to Broncos in return for 7th. A 40-plus move up.

baja
03-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Don't act for a moment that Elway did Tebow any favors. He managed to **** Tebow one last time by sending him to the Jets instead of the Jags. There was no sacrifice, and Tebow was not consulting. No shock by anyone who has watched this classless organization.

Contrary to previous reports, the Broncos did what was in their self interest as an organization.
Vic Lombardi reports (https://twitter.com/#%21/VicLombardi/status/182651438730719233):
NEWS: I can confirm the Jets offered the better draft picks. The Jags package was less attractive. The Broncos chose the Jets.
Mike Klis confirmed this (https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeKlis/status/182680599943852035):
Jags offered same $2.53 million rebate as Jets. No more. Difference was Jets gave 6th to Broncos in return for 7th. A 40-plus move up.

Did Tebow choose the Jets or not.

Chris
03-21-2012, 11:09 PM
ta ta ta ta ta ta timmy and the jets

Almost gave you rep for this................ then I didn't.

baja
03-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Almost gave you rep for this................ then I didn't.

He stole it from Junkman anyway

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 11:12 PM

Come on haters. Tell me what a swell guy Honest John is again?

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-21-2012, 11:40 PM
If you think this was an unfair way to do business, I'd like to introduce you to the real world.

Broncojef
03-22-2012, 12:04 AM

Or better yet go cheer for the damn jets...do you even like the broncos or just enjoy the incessant whining.

R8R H8R
03-22-2012, 12:04 AM
There are conflicting reports on whether EFX traded Tebow solely for the comp or whether they asked Tebow for a preference. It does seem apparent, however, that the Jets coaching staff wanted Tebow. I really don't know why, but apparently they have a plan for him.

OTOH, it seems clear that the Jags staff were in it solely for the owner. If they really wanted him, all they had to do was kick in an extra 6th, and they get him. Doesn't seem they were all that enthusiastic about it all. Tebow doesn't need that.

cutthemdown
03-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I think so many rumors get floated we really argue from the standpoint everyone could be right.

Timmy got his money, Broncos should take whatever package is the best. If Jags wanted him, and the only thing it would have taken was a 6th round pick, then they are stoooooopid. Not our fault or Elways. In NY he can make a lot of money. Jags cant even get their franchise in order. Not even Tebow can save them from eventually moving. Well maybe he could. But maybe Jags don't want to be saved. Ever think of that. Maybe the owner wants to be able to move the team to a bigger market.

Meck77
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I do believe in business there is such a thing as a win win.

:Elway::lombardi::tebow:

It's good to be a Bronco fan. Interesting times for sure.

Chidoze
03-22-2012, 12:22 AM
By Week 3, Jets fans will be calling for Tebow. Bank it! Adios Sanchize

broncolife
03-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Gary Miller

Tebow on conference call "I had no input on where I went. Broncos had all the power"

it's very clear they want me to come in and compete" He was asked about being wildcat specialist and deftly avoided the question.

Spoke with Coach Fox several times today but not about the trade"

broncocalijohn
03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
This should confuse tebowites.

Because Tebow even thinks the Jacksonville area sucks. He wants to go bigtime and hang out in the big city where the $ brings him in for the lights of NYC. Or he just thinks Sanchez sucks and he will get his chance soon.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Gary Miller

Tebow on conference call "I had no input on where I went. Broncos had all the power"

it's very clear they want me to come in and compete" He was asked about being wildcat specialist and deftly avoided the question.

So Honest John dicked Timmy over to the last. I for one just can't believe it.

cutthemdown
03-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Gary Miller

Like Tebow admitting he didn't want to play in Jacksonville is something he would do.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Like Tebow admitting he didn't want to play in Jacksonville is something he would do.

Yeah Tebow's lying, and it just so happened he ended up with the Jets who gave Honest John the best offer, even though Tim told people he'd like to get back closer to home

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 01:17 AM
I loved Tebow and am not extremely happy about any of the recent events, but you're being ridiculous if you think Denver had any sort of obligation to send him wherever he wanted to go. It would have been nice, but come on.

broncolife
03-22-2012, 01:25 AM
I loved Tebow and am not extremely happy about any of the recent events, but you're being ridiculous if you think Denver had any sort of obligation to send him wherever he wanted to go. It would have been nice, but come on.

No, they dont have any obligation. But people are using this as an excuse to bash Tebow eventhough the facts are that he did not choose the team he wanted to go to. Might have been nice of them to at least give a little time fielding offer instead of making it the quickest move of the offseason. For some reason I doubt Elway was telling the truth about how they didnt know if they were going to trade him.

R8R H8R
03-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Yeah Tebow's lying, and it just so happened he ended up with the Jets who gave Honest John the best offer, even though Tim told people he'd like to get back closer to home

Again, if the Jags wanted him as badly as the Jets did, all they had to do was kick in an extra 6th and they get him because their 4th &6th are worth more than the Jets picks are, since they draft higher.

Simply, Tebow is going to the team that wanted him more, and you should be happy for that, because Tebow is.

baja
03-22-2012, 01:29 AM

Yes I would really like to know the truth of the matter. I'd like to know how Elway really handled the whole situation . I doubt we ever will, not the all of it.

baja
03-22-2012, 01:31 AM
The other thing is Tim puts his trust in God's plan for him so I guess I will too.

Bronco Yoda
03-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Again, if the Jags wanted him as badly as the Jets did, all they had to do was kick in an extra 6th and they get him because their 4th &6th are worth more than the Jets picks are, since they draft higher.

Simply, Tebow is going to the team that wanted him more, and you should be happy for that, because Tebow is.

By all accounts JAX coaching staff did not want Tebow at all. Only the owner did. And it would appear that Mario-the-Gazillionaire didn't wan't him all that bad either when it came right down to it.

baja
03-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Too bad Bud Anderson didn't want him.

(Sorry Tim j/k)

gunns
03-22-2012, 04:25 AM

And now Tebow may have gone to another team that is less than honest! OMG!

They came out and said Sanchez was and is their starting QB. AND they told Stanton that he was the #2, and they were not bringing in another QB. It looks like Stanton may now want a trade. They lied to Stanton and what if Tebow becomes the starter! What if they tell Tebow he has a chance to be a starter and he doesn't get that chance?

OMG, it's spreading like wildfire. There are rumors that Alex Smith was initially lied to too. Goodell needs to hand down more suspensions. FO's everywhere are lying to their players and conducting business in the meantime!

Drek
03-22-2012, 04:45 AM

Sure, but people are acting like the FO let Tebow pick, when they didn't at all.

TheDude07
03-22-2012, 04:55 AM
How dare the Broncos draft Tebow, a projected mid-round or later talent, in the first round? They sure treated him unfairly by giving him millions of dollars and allowing him to start at quarterback in the NFL!

Agamemnon
03-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Gary Miller

So did the Broncos actually tell people that Tebow was given a choice? Or was that just some media guy making **** up as usual? If they lied about that as well I really don't know what to say...

Drek
03-22-2012, 05:43 AM
So did the Broncos actually tell people that Tebow was given a choice? Or was that just some media guy making **** up as usual? If they lied about that as well I really don't know what to say...

I'd assume the FO saw this is a good chance to "win" the media battle over dumping Tebow by having their buddy Shefter throw out the "Tebow will have some say" line.

Pretty weak attempt when you know someone will actually ask Tebow that question.

Agamemnon
03-22-2012, 05:46 AM
I'd assume the FO saw this is a good chance to "win" the media battle over dumping Tebow by having their buddy Shefter throw out the "Tebow will have some say" line.

Pretty weak attempt when you know someone will actually ask Tebow that question.

I'm sorry, but this FO is just slimy. There was no need to lie about such a thing, and they did so anyway. WTF?

canadianbroncosfan
03-22-2012, 06:29 AM

Darkhawk24
03-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Some of you need to take a step back. The Broncos don't have to consult their players on what is best for the future of their franchise when they are looking to part ways with them.

Some of you have gone a bit wacky with the whole Tebow craze. The guy was treated more then fair in his time in Denver.

Actually I'm not sure he would have ever gotten the chance he did in Denver last year anywhere else.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 06:40 AM

Some of our friends here were even high fivin each other about what a swell guy Honest John was because he took Timmy's feelings into account. Now they're back to saying everyone should just sit down and STFU no matter how sleazy and ingrateful this FO gets.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Some of you have gone a bit wacky with the whole Tebow craze. The guy was treated more then fair in his time in Denver.

Actually I'm not sure he would have ever gotten the chance he did in Denver last year anywhere else.

Yeah, I'm sure every other team in the league would've just doubled down on 4-14 and rode Kyle Orton all the way to the finish. LOL

schaaf
03-22-2012, 06:46 AM

Schefter reported it and then quickly changed and said they would do what's best for the organization, Tebow's agent even said they had some say the only one that said they had no control was Tim. Could Tim be saying that to not make it seem like he didn't want to play for his hometown??? I'm not sure but VERY RARELY is Schefter gonna report something that isn't true

bendog
03-22-2012, 06:46 AM
My God, Elway traded him to a town full of non christians

New York City is multicultural. About 36% of the city's population is foreign-born.,[11] one of the highest among US cities. The ten nations constituting the largest sources of modern immigration to New York City are the Dominican Republic, China, Jamaica, Guyana, Mexico, Ecuador, Haiti, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, and Russia.[12]

The New York City metropolitan area is home to the largest Jewish community outside Israel.[13] It is also home to nearly a quarter of the nation's Indian Americans and 15% of all Korean Americans[14][15] and the largest Asian Indian population in the Western Hemisphere; the largest African American community of any city in the country; and including 6 Chinatowns in the city proper,[16] comprised as of 2008 a population of 659,596 overseas Chinese,[17] the largest outside of Asia. New York City alone, according to the 2010 Census, has now become home to more than one million Asian Americans, greater than the combined totals of San Francisco and Los Angeles.[18] New York contains the highest total Asian population of any U.S. city proper.[19] 6.0% of New York City is of Chinese ethnicity, with about forty percent of them living in the borough of Queens alone. Koreans make up 1.2% of the city's population, and Japanese at 0.3%. Filipinos are the largest southeast Asian ethnic group at 0.8%, followed by Vietnamese who make up only 0.2% of New York City's population. Indians are the largest South Asian group, comprising 2.4% of the city's population, and Bangladeshis and Pakistanis at 0.7% and 0.5%, respectively.[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York_City

TonyR
03-22-2012, 07:37 AM
This has disaster written all over it.

The Jets' decision to trade two lower-round draft picks for Tebow, and then plow ahead with the deal despite the violent backlash that instantly rose up when the deal was announced, is the sort of publicity-mongering move that's likely to make an already divided locker room of Jets players throw up their hands and flatline. Not pull closer together and rise up.

"Why are we doing this?" cornerback Antonio Cromartie asked on Twitter.

The obvious answer is that Ryan didn't learn a thing. Same old Rex.

The Jets didn't need the new circus Tebow brings. And Ryan shouldn't have wanted him.

This is not a good move for Tebow, a genuinely good man who would've been better off in Jacksonville or Miami or anywhere but New York, the media capital of the world. And this is not a move that helps Sanchez develop into a better quarterback. It just makes him a more haunted one. He just inherited Kyle Orton's old life in Denver, where nothing was ever good enough to quiet the Tebow chants.

Ryan could've avoided it all if he wanted to. Instead, he flattered himself into thinking he can handle Tebowmania even though a Hall of Famer like John Elway no longer wanted any part of it in Denver.

Ryan hasn't changed. He didn't learn. Faced with the chance to get Tebow, he said what he always says: Bring it on.

Same old Rex.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7719698/by-bringing-tim-tebow-rex-ryan-proved-doing-improve-jets-locker-room

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 07:45 AM
This has disaster written all over it.

The Jets' decision to trade two lower-round draft picks for Tebow, and then plow ahead with the deal despite the violent backlash that instantly rose up when the deal was announced, is the sort of publicity-mongering move that's likely to make an already divided locker room of Jets players throw up their hands and flatline. Not pull closer together and rise up.

"Why are we doing this?" cornerback Antonio Cromartie asked on Twitter.

The obvious answer is that Ryan didn't learn a thing. Same old Rex.

The Jets didn't need the new circus Tebow brings. And Ryan shouldn't have wanted him.

This is not a good move for Tebow, a genuinely good man who would've been better off in Jacksonville or Miami or anywhere but New York, the media capital of the world. And this is not a move that helps Sanchez develop into a better quarterback. It just makes him a more haunted one. He just inherited Kyle Orton's old life in Denver, where nothing was ever good enough to quiet the Tebow chants.

Ryan could've avoided it all if he wanted to. Instead, he flattered himself into thinking he can handle Tebowmania even though a Hall of Famer like John Elway no longer wanted any part of it in Denver.

Ryan hasn't changed. He didn't learn. Faced with the chance to get Tebow, he said what he always says: Bring it on.

Same old Rex.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7719698/by-bringing-tim-tebow-rex-ryan-proved-doing-improve-jets-locker-room

I'm not sure what's better... Espin complaining about the Tebow media circus, or the insinuation that 33 games of Kyle Style just wasn't a fair shot.

JCMElway
03-22-2012, 07:51 AM

.......aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddddd

on ignore.

(whew)

JCMElway
03-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Adam
ArrowheadHawk
Bob's Your Information Minister.
Bob's_your_Information_Minister
BroncoBeavis
CasinoRoyal
CHIEFS-FAN-TX
elway-davis=0
EmpireOrange
frazod
Iowanian
JayCutler4MVP!!!
Jenson71
jhns
KC Paul
KcMizzou
KHinz57
lex
Mushmouth
rinard
royr17
sedated
skunk
Surtain23
Tha rock
Tom A Hawk
Tomahawk Chops
usedupbraids
WaffleBoy

That's quite an ignore list I have!

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Adam
ArrowheadHawk
Bob's Your Information Minister.
Bob's_your_Information_Minister
BroncoBeavis
CasinoRoyal
CHIEFS-FAN-TX
elway-davis=0
EmpireOrange
frazod
Iowanian
JayCutler4MVP!!!
Jenson71
jhns
KC Paul
KcMizzou
KHinz57
lex
Mushmouth
rinard
royr17
sedated
skunk
Surtain23
Tha rock
Tom A Hawk
Tomahawk Chops
usedupbraids
WaffleBoy

That's quite an ignore list I have!

The Manningites are getting all tense now that they're on the Lombardi clock.

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 07:57 AM
On paper this makes sense from an X's and O's side. Sporano loves the wildcat. Tebow is deadly in that kind of offense and will take preasure off the run game. I get all that.

The problem is everything else that comes with that: Tebowmania is something you think you know, but you really don't know until you're witnessing it, the added pressure on Sanchez, Tebow wants to be a starter and will be pushing for that which could cause some locker room issues, the way Tebow doesn't seem like a personality that fits in New York very well, the fact that they gave up two draft picks for him - it all doesn't make sense.

I'm glad we got what we did and am glad a QB controversy is averted. Thrilled with Manning, but I feel bad for Tebow because I think he's in a situation that is going to be a problem.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 07:59 AM
On paper this makes sense from an X's and O's side. Sporano loves the wildcat. Tebow is deadly in that kind of offense and will take preasure off the run game. I get all that.

The problem is everything else that comes with that: Tebowmania is something you think you know, but you really don't know until you're witnessing it, the added pressure on Sanchez, Tebow wants to be a starter and will be pushing for that which could cause some locker room issues, the way Tebow doesn't seem like a personality that fits in New York very well, the fact that they gave up two draft picks for him - it all doesn't make sense.

I'm glad we got what we did and am glad a QB controversy is averted. Thrilled with Manning, but I feel bad for Tebow because I think he's in a situation that is going to be a problem.

Tebow won't be 'pushing for that' He'll be working for it. Silently. And you and I know he'll win without saying a word.

But some people hate that about him.

TonyR
03-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Special 10-pack: The Tebow trade

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/special-10-pack-the-tebow-trade/

oubronco
03-22-2012, 08:17 AM
7. Santonio won’t be happy.

Speaking of Santonio, if he didn’t like the amount of balls flying his way with Sanchez last year, he’ll absolutely hate it when Tebow starts sailing the ball over Holmes’ head or, possibly, not throwing it at all.

That’s the major flaw in the Jets’ Tebow-driven renewed commitment to the “ground and pound” offense. They’ve decided to keep Santonio around for another year, which means they owe him millions in guaranteed money both this year and next year. Which means that unless they trade him to, say, the Broncos, they need to find a way to keep him happy.

He won’t be happy playing with Tebow.

This will not end well for Tim in NY

canadianbroncosfan
03-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Some of our friends here were even high fivin each other about what a swell guy Honest John was because he took Timmy's feelings into account. Now they're back to saying everyone should just sit down and STFU no matter how sleazy and ingrateful this FO gets.

@AdamSchefter: Jacksonville offered to pay back Denver $3 million - vs. Jets $2.5 - for Tim Tebow. Plus, Jacksonville's 4th-rd pick was more valuable.

Sure sounds like they made the best choice for them and Tebow had no input.

JCMElway
03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
This message is hidden because BroncoBeavis is on your ignore list.

ahhhhhhh......

maven
03-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the entertaining season last year Tebow.

And now, as time continues to move forward, Tebow will become less important on this board.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 08:20 AM
if he didn’t like the amount of balls flying his way with Sanchez last year

Wow. Where to begin

Ugly Duck
03-22-2012, 08:22 AM

And so history is made. For the fist time, an NFL team has actually sacrificed a virgin to get to the SuperBowl. Sad.

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 08:25 AM

Stfu idiot

houghtam
03-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Stfu idiot

Truth hurts don't it

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Truth hurts don't it

I'm not a player fan sorry

TonyR
03-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Truth hurts don't it

What "truth" is that? The only truth is that we have a significantly better chance to win in the short to medium term with Peyton Manning at QB. Whether we win the Super Bowl or not is almost irrelevant because it wasn't going to happen with Tebow. Now at least there's a chance. The NFL is Super Bowl or bust either way, and according to Vegas our odds just increased signifcantly.

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 08:38 AM
The Tebow trade did to Bronco Beavis what the Cutler trade did to jhns. He's even started calling us Manningites. I wonder if Beavis will call us Raider fans too...

Rohirrim
Some of you need to take a step back. The Broncos don't have to consult their players on what is best for the future of their franchise when they are looking to part ways with them.

I don't think that the truth is allowed in one of these discussions.

It's more an opportunity for butt-hurt Tebowites to vent.

edog24
Why would anyone actually believe that at the last minute the FO gets some compassion and gives TT a choice?

They shafted him all last year and only installed him after the fans were about to revolt watching the sloth lose games all over and over.

On paper this makes sense for the FO, and that's all they care about. The unfortunate part is the collatoral damage of losing a great person for the community, the team, and the fans, but it's obvious they don't care about that.

maven
03-22-2012, 08:40 AM
What "truth" is that? The only truth is that we have a significantly better chance to win in the short to medium term with Peyton Manning at QB. Whether we win the Super Bowl or not is almost irrelevant because it wasn't going to happen with Tebow. Now at least there's a chance. The NFL is Super Bowl or bust either way, and according to Vegas our odds just increased signifcantly.

The Broncos have a realistic chance to reach the Superbowl in the next 3-5 years. I'm surprised some people wanna rain on that parade.

bendog
03-22-2012, 08:41 AM
God forbid the FO would make moves to improve the team.

jhns
03-22-2012, 08:42 AM
The Tebow trade did to Bronco Beavis what the Cutler trade did to jhns. He's even started calling us Manningites. I wonder if Beavis will call us Raider fans too...

That doesn't make any sense. You are a raider fan if you like a coach that completely F'ed this team. You had to be an idiot to defend his actions. Why would a Bronco fan enjoy the Bronco franchise being trashed?

Going from Tebow to Manning is a completely different situation. Now, if Elway tried trading Tebow for Cassel(still wouldn't be quite as bad as McD)...

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 08:50 AM
@AdamSchefter: Jacksonville offered to pay back Denver $3 million - vs. Jets $2.5 - for Tim Tebow. Plus, Jacksonville's 4th-rd pick was more valuable.

Sure sounds like they made the best choice for them and Tebow had no input.

That's nice, but Schef isn't mentioning that the Jets deal allows Denver to jump up from the 7th round to the 6th. Meanwhile, had they picked the Jax deal, they wouldn't have gotten that. The only advantage would've been they would've gotten something like the 103rd choice instead of the 112th.

For a WIN NOW team, the Jets deal was better when it comes to picks. And since Tebow says he wasn't consulted, AND I'm 90% sure Tim would've picked JAX if given the choice... it's pretty obvious Elway took the best deal for him and didn't worry about what it did for Tim.

Meck77
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Tim made millions. He's going to make more millions. He has the world at his finger tips.....

What in the world are you people fighting over?

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
And since Tebow says he wasn't consulted, AND I'm 90% sure Tim would've picked JAX if given the choice... it's pretty obvious Elway took the best deal for him and didn't worry about what it did for Tim.

So are you saying Tebow's own agent is lying? Cause he's the one who said Tebow was in fact consulted.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 08:56 AM
it's pretty obvious Elway took the best deal for him and didn't worry about what it did for Tim.
This is what a good GM is supposed to do, though.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:00 AM

I didn't call you a Manningite. I have issues with how Tim was treated for someone who gave nothing but his best to the community and the team.

In return, those of us holding that opinion get told to go watch the Jets. Fight a little fire with fire (Jets Fans vs Manningites), and all the sudden it's the guys who think Tebow deserved better that are saying crazy ****.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 09:01 AM
I don't think you'll find many people here who would say that Tebow didn't deserve better.

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
I didn't call you a Manningite. I have issues with how Tim was treated for someone who gave nothing but his best to the community and the team.

In return, those of us holding that opinion get told to go watch the Jets. Fight a little fire with fire (Jets Fans vs Manningites), and all the sudden it's the guys who think Tebow deserved better that are saying crazy ****.

No tears lost for Orton I take it

Boo hoo

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't think you'll find many people here who would say that Tebow didn't deserve better.

It doesn't appear that way to me.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Once again you prove you can't follow a simple argument. The Broncos are not a QB away from the Super Bowl. They are an interior D line, 2 LBs, 3/4 of a secondary, the entire right side of the line, a TE, 2 WRs and an every down back away. Adding Manning does not increase the odds the Broncos make the Super Bowl.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:06 AM
No tears lost for Orton I take it

Boo hoo

Orton was a dickhead the whole time he was benched and was only interested in what was best for Kyle. And in the end he got rewarded for it. He got cut free, and we got zilch in return.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
So are you saying Tebow's own agent is lying? Cause he's the one who said Tebow was in fact consulted.

You'll have to point that out to me. I haven't seen that.

bendog
03-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Tim made millions. He's going to make more millions. He has the world at his finger tips.....

What in the world are you people fighting over?

I think its simply that they'd rather have Tebow than Manning. There are different reasons for that. Some think the injury risk to Manning outweighs the possible upside, and also that Tebow really does have some potential as a long term, every down starter at QB. I think that's Houghtam's belief. It's honest, just imo wrong.

Beavis just wants Tebow. If Denver could sign Rogers or Brees he'd be bitching.

But yeah, Tebow now has the nation's biggest media market. He can have any endorsement deal he wants. He can even get paid to raise money for good cause charaties.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
It doesn't appear that way to me.
Make a poll or something.

I think most people would agree that Tebow never really got a fair shake to develop and show his best in Denver. I think most people would agree that he did everything he could to earn that, and deserved to do so. Manning happened, though. Most people around here are just over it, I guess.

strafen
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM
That's nice, but Schef isn't mentioning that the Jets deal allows Denver to jump up from the 7th round to the 6th. Meanwhile, had they picked the Jax deal, they wouldn't have gotten that. The only advantage would've been they would've gotten something like the 103rd choice instead of the 112th.

For a WIN NOW team, the Jets deal was better when it comes to picks. And since Tebow says he wasn't consulted, AND I'm 90% sure Tim would've picked JAX if given the choice... it's pretty obvious Elway took the best deal for him and didn't worry about what it did for Tim.

Elway pulled this deal with the TEAM best interest at heart and not in TIM's best interests.
Come on now!
WTF?!
btw, I've heard on the radio this morning, that Tebow was offered the choice between Jax or the Jets. He chose the Jets.

Before anybody asks for a link, this should clear up and become common knowledge later on...

Beantown Bronco
They are an interior D line, 2 LBs, 3/4 of a secondary, the entire right side of the line, a TE, 2 WRs and an every down back away.

That's a tad bit of an exaggeration. The right side of our OLine is fine if Kuper comes back 100% and Harris is healthy (assuming they move Franklin to LG as some here are predicting).

2 WRs? I'll say we need 1 more. Maybe.

3/4 of the secondary? We've got a lot of youth at the safety spot. I've got to imagine at least one of them steps up. And it looks like we'll have a new quality #2 CB here shortly. So we're making strides there.

Nobody has an every down back any more. It's committee time, and we can find another RB in the draft easy. Or, my dream, trade for Jonathan Stewart.

Adding Manning does not increase the odds the Broncos make the Super Bowl.

Sure it does. If you improve at any one position, even if you have 10 positions that still can and need to be upgraded, by definition it makes you better. You're still not where you want to be, but you're closer.

orangemonkey
That doesn't make any sense. You are a raider fan if you like a coach that completely F'ed this team. You had to be an idiot to defend his actions. Why would a Bronco fan enjoy the Bronco franchise being trashed?

Going from Tebow to Manning is a completely different situation. Now, if Elway tried trading Tebow for Cassel(still wouldn't be as quite as bad as McD)...

Agreed. Not a good analogy Kaylore. You don't trade away a franchise quarterback with tremendous upside and top offensive weapons and replace with career backups and polarizing project quarterbacks blah blah blah. McD will go down as one of the worst HC's in the history of the game for his moves.

Tebow started to work out for us in the 4th quarter last year but he's still a big project. This team is much better with Manning and only a handful of Tebow first fanatics will miss him here, in denver and in broncos bars across the country. I'm thankful we had some exciting times with Tebow but he won't be missed for very long.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
But yeah, Tebow now has the nation's biggest media market. He can have any endorsement deal he wants. He can even get paid to raise money for good cause charaties.
Yeah. It's not like he needs help getting attention for those causes, but his microphone just became a hell of a lot louder in NY. I'm sure he realizes this as well.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I think its simply that they'd rather have Tebow than Manning. There are different reasons for that. Some think the injury risk to Manning outweighs the possible upside, and also that Tebow really does have some potential as a long term, every down starter at QB. I think that's Houghtam's belief. It's honest, just imo wrong.

Beavis just wants Tebow. If Denver could sign Rogers or Brees he'd be b****ing.

Not sure where you can even say that. I said I'd be fine with Manning if they kept Tebow behind him. Because (as I've said a million times) I believe Tebow's long-term outlook outweighs a good shot at a couple playoff appearances.

My opposition was because I knew they'd ditch Tebow given any opportunity. Some people didn't agree. Some agreed, but that's what they wanted in the first place.

In the end, the people who knew Tebow would be shipped were right, even if they don't agree on whether that was the right decision.

Rohirrim
03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
You'll have to point that out to me. I haven't seen that.

Take it up with Schefter:
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/tim-tebow-chose-jets-over-jags/124974

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Tebow is now mark sanchez's backup. Think about that long and hard before you start crying over PEYTON MANNING as our new QB

Manning chose to be here, tebow did not. Nuff said

HAT
03-22-2012, 09:15 AM

Vegas says otherwise.

oubronco
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
It's a business and it has always been a business. Tebow got traded, there are thousands of players who have gotten traded get over it

BroncoBen
03-22-2012, 09:18 AM

Well for what its worth, just heard a interview with John Elway and he says the Broncos were in contact with Tebow's people during the whole the trade process. So maybe Tebow didn't know but his agent and handlers did.

orangemonkey
03-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Tebow is now mark sanchez's backup. Think about that long and hard before you start crying over PEYTON MANNING as our new QB

Word. And because he can't be consistent for 4 quarters, it's going to be difficult for him to beat out Sanchez as starter. Also, I think Sanchez is way better than Kyle Orton (wow) so think long and hard about that too.

Sadly, Tebow will probably execute situational goal line, wild-cat QB work for the remainder of his career. That's my bet.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Some think the injury risk to Manning outweighs the possible upside, and also that Tebow really does have some potential as a long term, every down starter at QB. I think that's Houghtam's belief. It's honest, just imo wrong.

Pretty close.

I think the combination of the price tag, age and injury risk for Manning as well as our porous offensive line and the fact that he wears cement shoes are going to be a bigger detriment to this team than people think. Everyone talks about Manning's quick release, but just because you got rid of the ball doesn't mean you're not going to get hit. Penalty or not, Manning could be in traction next year.

If we were replacing Tebow with someone younger like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Tom Brady even, I wouldn't have a problem sitting Tebow. I think it's a dumb idea either way to get rid of him entirely.

As far as him starting, you're right, I think he does have SOME potential, which, considering he helped win 8 games last year in a new offense without the benefit of an offseason, is more realistic than saying he has NO potential.

We have a ton of holes on this roster. We spent 40% of our available salary cap on one player. If we had spent (not recklessly, just aggressively) to fill some of those holes and actually tried to build up the rest of the team AROUND Tebow, I think we would be closer to winning a Super Bowl NEXT SEASON than signing Manning, regardless of what we do at this point.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Take it up with Schefter:
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/tim-tebow-chose-jets-over-jags/124974

Last thing Schefter said about it last night was:

"Denver says it will do the trade that is best for its franchise. Jets or Jags."

http://twitter.com/#!/adamschefter

oubronco
03-22-2012, 09:21 AM

"Denver says it will do the trade that is best for its franchise. Jets or Jags."

That's what business poeple do! They do what's best for there business

Rohirrim
03-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 09:23 AM
I think the combination of the price tag, age and injury risk for Manning as well as our porous offensive line and the fact that he wears cement shoes are going to be a bigger detriment to this team than people think. Everyone talks about Manning's quick release, but just because you got rid of the ball doesn't mean you're not going to get hit. Penalty or not, Manning could be in traction next year.

Kyle Orton rarely got hit and he has a slower release and is less mobile in the pocket than Manning.

Rohirrim
03-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Pretty close.

If we were replacing Tebow with someone younger like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Tom Brady even, I wouldn't have a problem sitting Tebow. I think it's a dumb idea either way to get rid of him entirely.

As far as him starting, you're right, I think he does have SOME potential, which, considering he helped win 8 games last year in a new offense without the benefit of an offseason, is more realistic than saying he has NO potential.

We have a ton of holes on this roster. We spent 40% of our available salary cap on one player. If we had spent (not recklessly, just aggressively) to fill some of those holes and actually tried to build up the rest of the team AROUND Tebow, I think we would be closer to winning a Super Bowl NEXT SEASON than signing Manning, regardless of what we do at this point.

Try to think big. Okay?

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

Wow how many times can you guys hop this fence?

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Pretty close.

This is why you shouldnt even have an opinion

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
That's a tad bit of an exaggeration. The right side of our OLine is fine if Kuper comes back 100% and Harris is healthy (assuming they move Franklin to LG as some here are predicting).

So what you're saying is we're set on offensive line, then?

2 WRs? I'll say we need 1 more. Maybe.

I don't see the potential in Decker everyone else here does. Willis either. DT will end up being a good #2. So we need a #1 and a #3 IMO.

3/4 of the secondary? We've got a lot of youth at the safety spot. I've got to imagine at least one of them steps up. And it looks like we'll have a new quality #2 CB here shortly. So we're making strides there.

Youth does not equal skill, and again, I don't see the potential of the youth that everyone else here does. Champ will need to be replaced soon. Goodman needs to be replaced yesterday. Dawkins likely won't be back to 100% even if he does come back.

Nobody has an every down back any more. It's committee time, and we can find another RB in the draft easy. Or, my dream, trade for Jonathan Stewart.

Okay, then we still need a 3rd down back or a 1st/2nd down back, depending on what McGahee's role will end up being.

Sure it does. If you improve at any one position, even if you have 10 positions that still can and need to be upgraded, by definition it makes you better. You're still not where you want to be, but you're closer.

Opportunity not taken is opportunity lost. We have gotten better at QB with Manning, but not making moves to improve the many holes we have has pretty much negated any advantage we got, IMO.

In bold.

That One Guy
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Some of you guys are dicks.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Kyle Orton rarely got hit and he has a slower release and is less mobile in the pocket than Manning.

46 sacks in his last 17 games as a Bronco. Rarely?

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
This is why you shouldnt even have an opinion

And this is why you should get that learning disability treated.

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM

Not to nitpick, but nfl.com says 43 in his last 18 games as a Bronco....and only one in 4 games with the Chefs. 2 sacks per game for arguably the least mobile QB in the league isn't much.

TonyR
03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Once again you prove...

The only thing proven here is that you're out of your depth in arguing with me when you make statements as stupid as this. Our Vegas odds increased almost ten fold after we acquired Manning. Manning makes the team better. When you're better your odds increase. Not a terribly difficult concept to grasp.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Not to nitpick, but nfl.com says 43 in his last 18 games as a Bronco....and only one in 4 games with the Chefs. 2 sacks per game for arguably the least mobile QB in the league isn't much.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

34 sacks in 2010 in 13 games.
9 sacks in 4 games last season.
0 sacks in half a game last season.

Over 16 games he'd have about 40 sacks. And most of that was with a healthy Kuper and the rest of the line. That's not good for an offensive line, no matter how immobile your quarterback is. For an immobile quarterback who's coming off neck surgery(ies), it's downright scary.

bendog
03-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Pretty close.

yeah, I have no problem with that. I'm concerned about the interior oline, and honestly I've never seen how Saturday gets the physical part of the job done. I also wish they brought in somebody to replace Beadles so he could back up both guard positions and RT.

I'm also concerned about DThomas. He's the only "one" option on the team, and healthwise he'll be a question for his career.

I think the run game will be ok, even with Beadles and Saturday, because Orton was killing the run, just as Tebow did, by not being able to make teams play four men back.

I think they can fill the DT hole pretty easily once the free agent madness slows. DJ's looming suspension is bad, but they addressed the safety need by bringing in someone pretty much like Sam Brandon who can play a 'big nickle" as well as just free safety, so the team isn't hostage to Moore pulling his head out.

But with Manning, Den's an overwhelming fav to win the West, even with that schedule. I really didn't see six wins with Tebow and the wildcat. Elway at Manning's age didn't start every game, so I think it's a stretch to think we'll see the pre-injury Manning. I think he could rack up 4000 yds with an 88 efficiency rating. I actually like Henne as a backup.

Imo, the risk factor is pretty low. Tebow may have some longterm potential. I think its fair to say I rate his chances much lower than you, but that's not really the issue. Manning's near term upside is huge compared to Tebow's, because Tebow beyond any doubt still very much a work in progress as a passer. If Manning gets hurt this year and cannot continue, he has absolutely no cap impact on Den. The worst case is if his career was ended in the first game of 2013. I think the 2014 money would be guaranteed, but even then Den's just screwed for two seasons. In exchange for that risk, we have a legit chance of going to a superbowl in one of the next three years.

As far as the trade, I don't think there's any doubt that Elway would have kept the kid, and hired a special tutor for him, but for the billboards and Tebow fans.

gunns
03-22-2012, 09:44 AM

No, most of those on that list are just all around dumb ****s.

BroncoInferno
03-22-2012, 09:44 AM

The sack rate last year with Orton with 5.5%. With Tebow, the sack rate nearly doubled to 10.9%. In '10, it went from 3.8% with Orton to 6.8% with Tebow.

Fourth column from right-to-left:

Orton: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

Tebow: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TeboTi00.htm

The notion that Tebow masked pass protection issues with our OL is a myth. In reality, he made them look worse (pass protection wise...he definitely helped the run game).

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM

In '10, the Broncos allowed 40 sacks... 9th worst in the league. Don't think you can pin the O-Line's problems all on Tebow. Sure, he held the ball too long. But young QB's tend to do that. Aaron Rodgers had that reputation the first couple years he started.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM
The sack rate last year with Orton with 5.5%. With Tebow, the sack rate nearly doubled to 10.9%. In '10, it went from 3.8% with Orton to 6.8% with Tebow.

Fourth column from right-to-left:

Orton: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

Tebow: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TeboTi00.htm

The notion that Tebow masked pass protection issues with our OL is a myth. In reality, he made them look worse (pass protection wise...he definitely helped the run game).

Tebow isn't even in the discussion here. My point is that Orton got hit a lot when he was QB, and so will Manning.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:49 AM
No, most of those on that list are just all around dumb ****s.

That's nice. I tolerate tons of dumb ****s here on the OM. I try to keep the iggies down to the known liars and the people that seem to lean a little to heavily on the name-calling.

But hey, some people just don't want to listen to opinions they don't like. To each his own.

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Over 16 games he'd have about 40 sacks. And most of that was with a healthy Kuper and the rest of the line. That's not good for an offensive line, no matter how immobile your quarterback is. For an immobile quarterback who's coming off neck surgery(ies), it's downright scary.

You are confusing mobility with running ability. That would be a mistake.

When pressured in the pocket, Orton would literally curl up in a ball and turtle. We have actual video evidence of this. Manning? When pressured, he gets the ball away or slides in the pocket to avoid the pressure altogether.

His OLines in Indy were not better than what he'll have here. He will not take the hits that Orton and Tebow took. It's not just WRs he makes look better. It's OLines too.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 09:51 AM
And this is why you should get that learning disability treated.

give me a ****ing break.... The only way we can get rid of Teebs is if we can replace him with Brady, Brees or Rodgers?? ROFL!

If your list had about 20 other QBs, then you would sound like you had a clue.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
give me a ****ing break.... The only way we can get rid of Teebs

See, for many fans, that was never the goal. For you it was. Just like Elway.

And that's why we have a problem.

Heyneck
03-22-2012, 09:54 AM

They offered a 4th. Shefter tweeted that last night. It appears Tebow picked the Jets... but my money is on the extra 6th the Jets gave.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 09:54 AM
See, for many fans, that was never the goal. For you it was. Just like Elway.

And that's why we have a problem.

You see there is this thing called a championship that I am after. At no point did I see anything that made me feel like Tebow was anywhere remotely close to ever winning a SB in his career. Not even a twinge

And for the record, I didnt think Orton could either. but I didnt see folks bending over backwards to turn Orton obvious deficiencies into a line of thinking that he is our QBOTF

maven
03-22-2012, 09:56 AM
They offered a 4th. Shefter tweeted that last night. It appears Tebow picked the Jets... but my money is on the extra 6th the Jets gave.

Tebow, in the nation's biggest media market, with a QB in front of him that isn't that good. Good choice Tebow. I'm sure when Sanchez tosses a pick or some other ugly ass throw into the ground, the fans will chant Tebow Tebow!

:giggle:

Jets will be interesting to watch this year.

BroncoInferno
03-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Tebow isn't even in the discussion here. My point is that Orton got hit a lot when he was QB, and so will Manning.

In 2010, with Orton the primary QB, we had the lowest sack % in the league.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/sack-pct?date=2011-02-07

The 5.5% rate from 2011 projected over the season would have been good for 6th lowest in the league.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/sack-pct

Orton wasn't getting hit a ton. And while Manning may not be a sprinter, he can move much more ably in the pocket than Orton. The OL is much better at pass protection than you think.

orangeatheist
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM

Absolute BS. You CAN believe it because Evil Elway is part of your worldview.

Elway said Fox was in contact with Tebow all day yesterday and that Tebow was asked for his input and was in the middle of the process. BOTH Timmy and his agent. The Broncos ended up getting a poorer deal than they would have if they shipped Tim to the Jags. So, cry me a river, Beav. You are such a joke and an all around jackass.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
You see there is this thing called a championship that I am after. At no point did I see anything that made me feel like Tebow was anywhere remotely close to ever winning a SB in his career. Not even a twinge

Yeah, 366 total yards, 2TD's. Zero turnovers... in a playoff win vs the defending AFC Champions. Still never even a twinge... yeah, that doesn't surprise me.

bronco militia
03-22-2012, 09:58 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/550330_3110993926495_1013779011_32899888_171290248 4_n.jpg

maven
03-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Absolute BS. You CAN believe it because Evil Elway is part of your worldview.

Elway said Fox was in contact with Tebow all day yesterday and that Tebow was asked for his input and was in the middle of the process. BOTH Timmy and his agent. The Broncos ended up getting a poorer deal than they would have if they shipped Tim to the Jags. So, cry me a river, Beav. You are such a joke and an all around jackass.

Tebow picked the right team. Jags will be in LA in a few years.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
They want him to live in NJ to avoid the nightlife of NY

Hahaha. Clearly he was brought in to save the jets players and coaches. Namath is a bozo but he's onto something about the publicity stunt angle.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah, 366 total yards, 2TD's. Zero turnovers... in a win vs the defending AFC Champions. Still never even a twinge... yeah, that doesn't surprise me.

You forgot the previous effective home playoff game where he shiat the bed against lowly KC.

Not a twinge for a SB. Winning a wild card game is completely different

orangeatheist
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Tebow picked the right team. Jags will be in LA in a few years.

And I've got NOTHING against where Tim wanted to go, given the choices presented to him. I wish him all the best. My beef is with numbskulls like Beav and the Funky Bunch who refuse to breath the air of reality because the smog of their hatred for Elway and the Broncos makes them feel important.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 10:03 AM

Orton got sacked only 9 times in the first 5 games. 9 sacks in 5 games. That ain't bad.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Not a twinge for a SB. Winning a wild card game is completely different

Interesting take... for a guy saying the answer is a QB with a lifetime 3-4 record in Wild Card games.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
In 2010, with Orton the primary QB, we had the lowest sack % in the league.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/sack-pct?date=2011-02-07

The 5.5% rate from 2011 projected over the season would have been good for 6th lowest in the league.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/sack-pct

Orton wasn't getting hit a ton. And while Manning may not be a sprinter, he can move much more ably in the pocket than Orton. The OL is much better at pass protection than you think.

Orton was absolutely getting hit a ton. Sack percentage takes into account the total number of plays. There was only one player who attempted more passes than Orton in 2010 that was sacked more than Orton was. 34 sacks in 13 games is a lot.

He will not take the hits that Orton and Tebow took. It's not just WRs he makes look better. It's OLines too.

I'll be willing to bet Manning will average 2.5 sacks a game with this offensive line.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Orton got sacked only 9 times in the first 5 games. 9 sacks in 5 games. That ain't bad.

Also led the league in INT's. Why sack when you can just take the ball? :)

maven
03-22-2012, 10:08 AM
And I've got NOTHING against where Tim wanted to go, given the choices presented to him. I wish him all the best. My beef is with numbskulls like Beav and the Funky Bunch who refuse to breath the air of reality because the smog of their hatred for Elway and the Broncos makes them feel important.

Yep. It's a business. The front office can do what they want, and they did.

Stagger Lee
03-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Interesting take... for a guy saying the answer is a QB with a lifetime 3-4 record in Wild Card games.

Dude, seriously. It's over. He's gone. Replaced by one of the best to ever play. He's in New York, never to be a Bronco again.

Get on board, or GTFO.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Also led the league in INT's. Why sack when you can just take the ball? :)

Mannings eyes> ortons eyes.