PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow IS a Jet THE END (EDIT) Tebow a Bronco again - Trade on HOLD until new contract is signed

Pages : 1 [2]

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Tebow picked the right team. Jags will be in LA in a few years.

Still haven't seen any evidence Tim picked anything. I've heard people talking about the Broncos "being in contact with" Tim's people. Doesn't mean they listened to them.

Plus, I've got Schef saying the Broncos would do what was best for them, and Klis saying the Broncos did what was best for them.

maven
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Still haven't seen any evidence Tim picked anything. I've heard people talking about the Broncos "being in contact with" Tim's people. Doesn't mean they listened to them.

Plus, I've got Schef saying the Broncos would do what was best for them, and Klis saying the Broncos did what was best for them.

It's a great opportunity for Tebow to be in NY. And good for him because he'll get a chance there.

Jekyll15Hyde
Interesting take... for a guy saying the answer is a QB with a lifetime 3-4 record in Wild Card games.

You are getting nowhere with the idea that Peyton Manning is an inferior solution at QB to Tim Tebow.

Clearly, you must not have the goal of winning a super bowl. I am glad John Elway does.

BroncoInferno
Orton was absolutely getting hit a ton. Sack percentage takes into account the total number of plays. There was only one player who attempted more passes than Orton in 2010 that was sacked more than Orton was. 34 sacks in 13 games is a lot.

I'll be willing to bet Manning will average 2.5 sacks a game with this offensive line.

You are missing the point....looking at the raw sack numbers does not tell you how well the OL was performing. The sack percentage is a better indicator, because some teams pass more than others. If one OL allows 20 sacks and another allows 40 sacks, you may be tempted to say the line that allowed 20 sacks is better. But if you toss in that the former team only attempted 250 passes and the latter team attempted 650 passes, then clearly the latter line is better because they allowed far few sacks per dropback. Yes, we were throwing a ton in 2010, but the OL performed ably in pass protection as evidenced by the fact that they had the lowest sack percentage in the league. And they were doing fine in that regard last season as well until Tebow became the starter. Again, the OL is better at pass protection than you think.

I do have my concerns in the run game, though. There's no question Tebow opened things up there and masked some defeciencies.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM
2010 Oline had 2 rookies and hochstein. Harris too. I highly doubt Walton will be snapping Thr ball this year. Clady Kuper Saturday Walton Franklin. Not bad.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
You are missing the point....looking at the raw sack numbers does not tell you how well the OL was performing. The sack percentage is a better indicator, because some teams pass more than others. If one OL allows 20 sacks and another allows 40 sacks, you may be tempted to say the line that allowed 20 sacks is better. But if you toss in that the former team only attempted 250 passes and the latter team attempted 650 passes, then clearly the latter line is better because they allowed far few sacks per dropback. Yes, we were throwing a ton in 2010, but the OL performed ably in pass protection as evidenced by the fact that they had the lowest sack percentage in the league. And they were doing fine in that regard last season as well until Tebow became the starter. Again, the OL is better than you think.

This.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
You are getting nowhere with the idea that Peyton Manning is an inferior solution at QB to Tim Tebow.

Clearly, you must not have the goal of winning a super bowl. I am glad John Elway does.

You're getting nowhere setting up straw men and knocking them down... doesn't stop you.

I've never said anything you just attributed. Putting all your eggs in one 36-year old basket is not good long-term strategy. Simple as that.

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Putting all your eggs in one 36-year old basket is not good long-term strategy. Simple as that.

I guess it's a good thing that that's not what the Broncos are doing then.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
You are missing the point....looking at the raw sack numbers does not tell you how well the OL was performing. The sack percentage is a better indicator, because some teams pass more than others. If one OL allows 20 sacks and another allows 40 sacks, you may be tempted to say the line that allowed 20 sacks is better. But if you toss in that the former team only attempted 250 passes and the latter team attempted 650 passes, then clearly the latter line is better because they allowed far few sacks per dropback. Yes, we were throwing a ton in 2010, but the OL performed ably in pass protection as evidenced by the fact that they had the lowest sack percentage in the league. And they were doing fine in that regard last season as well until Tebow became the starter. Again, the OL is better at pass protection than you think.

I do have my concerns in the run game, though. There's no question Tebow opened things up there and masked some defeciencies.

Question for you.

As a person coming off 4 surgeries would you rather:

1) Get hit 40 times in a season but that's okay because you threw it a lot, so you got hit a lower percentage of times

2) Get hit 25 times in a season but you threw it less so it's a really high percentage.

I'm not talking about percentage here. I'm simply talking about the fact that Manning will get hit many times. He's coming off serious injury. He's 36. He hasn't played in a year.

That is my point.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Well Fox is still in the building so I don't really expect 40 throws a game.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:20 AM
I guess it's a good thing that that's not what the Broncos are doing then.

I disagree. :)

BroncoInferno
03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Question for you.

As a person coming off 4 surgeries would you rather:

1) Get hit 40 times in a season but that's okay because you threw it a lot, so you got hit a lower percentage of times

2) Get hit 25 times in a season but you threw it less so it's a really high percentage.

I'm not talking about percentage here. I'm simply talking about the fact that Manning will get hit many times. He's coming off serious injury. He's 36. He hasn't played in a year.

That is my point.

My point is the OL performed well in pass protection with a guy with no pocket awareness or mobility whatsover (Orton). Peyton has never gotten hit a ton because he is decisive and gets the ball out of his hands quickly, before the rush can get to him. He also moves around well in the pocket...not a scrambler, but he can make those little subtle moves to avoid hits like Marino used to do. And he will be throwing behind a line that was able to provide solid protection to a QB with poor pocket awareness and mobility like Orton. Will he get hit? Sure. Will it be an exorbitant amount relative to other teams that pass a lot? I doubt it based on past performance.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
It's not a serious injury. The surgery is outpatient and home a few hours after. That tiny scar? I got a scar 8 inches long from a bullet wound. That's a serious injury. What makes Mannings situation serious is not his neck. That thing is reinforced now. It's the nerves going into his arm and how much do they fully heal or not. Nerves take a long time to regenerate. If at all.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 09:25 AM
You're getting nowhere setting up straw men and knocking them down... doesn't stop you.

I've never said anything you just attributed. Putting all your eggs in one 36-year old basket is not good long-term strategy. Simple as that.

You are only defending someone who did. I see what you did there

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
My point is the OL performed well in pass protection with a guy with no pocket awareness or mobility whatsover (Orton). Peyton has never gotten hit a ton because he is decisive and gets the ball out of his hands quickly, before the rush can get to him. He also moves around well in the pocket...not a scrambler, but he can make those little subtle moves to avoid hits like Marino used to do. And he will be throwing behind a line that was able to provide solid protection to a QB with poor pocket awareness and mobility like Orton. Will he get hit? Sure. Will it be an exorbitant amount relative to other teams that pass a lot? I doubt it based on past performance.

He's a year older, hasn't played in a year, and has had major neck surgeries. Forgive me if I'm not brimming with confidence.

Past performance, in this case, is not necessarily an indicator of future results, IMO.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
A year older in football when you are playing through that year equals like 3 years. When you don't play that year it's not as bad.

BroncoInferno
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
He's a year older, hasn't played in a year, and has had major neck surgeries. Forgive me if I'm not brimming with confidence.

Past performance, in this case, is not necessarily an indicator of future results, IMO.

Multiple doctors who know more about his condition than you or I have cleared him to play and have stated that there is little risk of reinjury. That's good enough for me. I'm not going to pretend I know better than medical professionals as some are.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
A year older in football when you are playing through that year equals like 3 years. When you don't play that year it's not as bad.

I think when that year is spent getting 4 surgeries and rehabbing, that rule of thumb might not make so much sense.

gunns
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Wow how many times can you guys hop this fence?

As many times as you keep putting it up.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I think when that year is spent getting 4 surgeries and rehabbing, that rule of thumb might not make so much sense.

LOL

That's why I have that tool on ignore.

Hey if taking a year off is like taking three years off, why not just ask Manning to sit out next year, too? Then we can get him in 2013 at the age of 30!

Heck, let's just throw in the towel for the next 3 years all together and come back in 2015 with the youngest team in football.

LOL

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Multiple doctors who know more about his condition than you or I have cleared him to play and have stated that there is little risk of reinjury. That's good enough for me. I'm not going to pretend I know better than medical professionals as some are.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

Both say that doesn't preclude Manning having a disk problem in another level of his spine. "That has been known to occur. That is called adjacent segment degeneration," Hsu said.
Said Sasso: "A lot of it is genetic. We're born with the genes that have a higher propensity for these disks to wear out."
In 2010, Hsu published a study of 99 NFL players who had sustained herniated disks: 53 had surgeries and 46 opted for non-surgical treatments. Hsu found players who had surgeries had higher return-to-play rates and longer careers than those who had not.
According to his study, 38 of the 53 players who had surgery returned to play for 29 games over an ensuing 2.8-year period that was analyzed.
In 1998, then-Florida State quarterback Chris Weinke had spinal fusion surgery. He returned in 1999 to lead Florida State to an undefeated national championship season. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2000 and played in the NFL from 2001-2007.
"Peyton's issue is weakness of the muscle, and that doesn't always happen," says Hsu. "So that made his (outcome) more unpredictable as well."

BroncoBen
03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Well Fox is still in the building so I don't really expect 40 throws a game.

Yeah.. I think Manning said somewhere durning the process that 'running the ball' was part of decision. Some talking head said you have to figure that Manning in this part of his career may not to throw the ball 40+ times a game.

Come out and throw.. get a lead and then sit on the lead by running the ball may be the Broncos game.

oubronco
03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/550330_3110993926495_1013779011_32899888_171290248 4_n.jpg

:notworthy

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:39 AM
As many times as you keep putting it up.

See guys, Elway let Timmy pick, he's such a nice guy!

No he didn't.

Why should he, it's just business.

Because Tebow meant a ton to the Broncos. Manning wouldn't have even considered Denver if not for the turnaround Tim helped make happen

That's why they probably let Timmy decide.

No they didn't.

Why should they, it's just business.

Kinda like arguing with an Alzheimer's patient. :)

BroncoInferno
03-22-2012, 09:40 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

It says "doesn't preclude." It doesn't claim that there is an especially high risk of that happening, though. I highly doubt they would clear him to play if there were.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
LOL

That's why I have that tool on ignore.

Hey if taking a year off is like taking three years off, why not just ask Manning to sit out next year, too? Then we can get him in 2013 at the age of 30!

Heck, let's just throw in the towel for the next 3 years all together and come back in 2015 with the youngest team in football.

LOL

Good to see you quit so easily.

oubronco
03-22-2012, 09:43 AM

It's a damn good thing you don't run this organization with your the players feelings are going to get hurt crap

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:44 AM
It says "doesn't preclude." It doesn't claim that there is an especially high risk of that happening, though. I highly doubt they would clear him to play if there were.

Ah, now we've gone from virtually no risk to not an "especially high risk"

According to his study, 38 of the 53 players who had surgery returned to play for 29 games over an ensuing 2.8-year period that was analyzed.

So I guess a 30% chance of not making it through a 3rd year is no biggie. Bet the Farm!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Who ever said this was long term? How much time do you think Bowlen has left?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM

Manning said it himself at the press conference. I'd believe him over some clown who's never even stepped on a field, let alone played for 14 years.

baja
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
My God, Elway traded him to a town full of non christians

New York City is multicultural. About 36% of the city's population is foreign-born.,[11] one of the highest among US cities. The ten nations constituting the largest sources of modern immigration to New York City are the Dominican Republic, China, Jamaica, Guyana, Mexico, Ecuador, Haiti, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, and Russia.[12]

The New York City metropolitan area is home to the largest Jewish community outside Israel.[13] It is also home to nearly a quarter of the nation's Indian Americans and 15% of all Korean Americans[14][15] and the largest Asian Indian population in the Western Hemisphere; the largest African American community of any city in the country; and including 6 Chinatowns in the city proper,[16] comprised as of 2008 a population of 659,596 overseas Chinese,[17] the largest outside of Asia. New York City alone, according to the 2010 Census, has now become home to more than one million Asian Americans, greater than the combined totals of San Francisco and Los Angeles.[18] New York contains the highest total Asian population of any U.S. city proper.[19] 6.0% of New York City is of Chinese ethnicity, with about forty percent of them living in the borough of Queens alone. Koreans make up 1.2% of the city's population, and Japanese at 0.3%. Filipinos are the largest southeast Asian ethnic group at 0.8%, followed by Vietnamese who make up only 0.2% of New York City's population. Indians are the largest South Asian group, comprising 2.4% of the city's population, and Bangladeshis and Pakistanis at 0.7% and 0.5%, respectively.[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York_City

That is an interesting tidbit. NYC is the perfect place for Tim to set up his Evangelical pulpit. When you are a warrior for Jesus you take you message to the largest audience possible. I have a gut feeling Tim is going to end up a legend in NYC and beyond. Wouldn't it be something to meet the Jets in the playoffs.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Manning said it himself at the press conference. I'd believe him over some clown who's never even stepped on a field, let alone played for 14 years.

Yeah, because history has always shown that a player himself is the best gauge of whether he's ready to compete again.

Just ask Hines Ward. Or Brett Favre. Or most athletes nearing the end.

gunns
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
See guys, Elway let Timmy pick, he's such a nice guy!

No he didn't.

Why should he, it's just business.

Because Tebow meant a ton to the Broncos. Manning wouldn't have even considered Denver if not for the turnaround Tim helped make happen

That's why they probably let Timmy decide.

No they didn't.

Why should they, it's just business.

Kinda like arguing with an Alzheimer's patient. :)

What does it matter if he got to pick or not? I don't know of any players that have gotten to pick. People on this board didn't make it up to protect Elway, he doesn't need protecting. Schef said it. Then Schef, Klis, and Elway said they did what was best for the franchise. I'd like to know what's wrong with that? Because what was right for Tebow should have been done, not the Broncos? Because you don't agree with the Manning signing? Just because YOU don't agree? Apply for a FO job next year. I don't know if you should take a resume though. Kind of like arguing with Bob.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah, because history has always shown that a player himself is the best gauge of whether he's ready to compete again.

No one knows better than the person that's feeling how their own body reacts. I can't tell if your neck is hurting or not right now. But you can right?

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Ah, now we've gone from virtually no risk to not an "especially high risk"

You do realize that the surgery wasn't intended to make him invincible, don't you?

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM

Grasping at straws much

oubronco
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
http://c0014234.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_b9bd694

Maximus
03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
QB controversy in NY now......if Sanchez struggles even a little, the Tebow tribe will put up billboards, etc..

Well they better start raising money now... maybe in 2 years they can afford it!

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 10:00 AM

The deal with Jacksonville was actually better for the Bronco's they let Tebow pick .......

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7721420&categoryid=2378529

baja
03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
What does it matter if he got to pick or not? I don't know of any players that have gotten to pick. People on this board didn't make it up to protect Elway, he doesn't need protecting. Schef said it. Then Schef, Klis, and Elway said they did what was best for the franchise. I'd like to know what's wrong with that? Because what was right for Tebow should have been done, not the Broncos? Because you don't agree with the Manning signing? Just because YOU don't agree? Apply for a FO job next year. I don't know if you should take a resume though. Kind of like arguing with Bob.

That's not true. Lots of teams will accommodate a player when they can.

This appears to be one of those times when it would have been a relatively easy accommodation.

Anyway I think Tim went to the better of the teams for his situation. Like it has been reported The Jets coaches wanted him and Jac. was appeasing their owner.

baja
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
You do realize that the surgery wasn't intended to make him invincible, don't you?

There is a rumor that the doctors installed a swivel between the 4th and 5th vertebrae. This is great news for Broncos fans, Peyton will now be able to scan 280 degrees of the field.

gunns
03-22-2012, 10:18 AM
That's not true. Lots of teams will accommodate a player when they can.

This appears to be one of those times when it would have been a relatively easy accommodation.

Anyway I think Tim went to the better of the teams for his situation. Like it has been reported The Jets coaches wanted him and Jac. was appeasing their owner.

You're probably right.

It may have been, but what's best for the Broncos is most important.

I agree.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
You're probably right.

I agree.

As McDamit used to say, no one player is above the team. "the player" should get no special treatment.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 10:22 AM

Might want to spread the word... especially to the guys saying "Peyton's neck'll be better than EVAH!"

There are increased risks related to the surgeries. Not to the actual fusion, but to the areas above and below it. There's no arguing this.

It's just another factor working against us (I believe) in betting all our chips on a short-term window.

baja
03-22-2012, 10:23 AM
You're probably right.

I agree.

Guess I will have to let my "MacGruder. persona die.

ScottXray
03-22-2012, 10:23 AM
@AdamSchefter: Jacksonville offered to pay back Denver $3 million - vs. Jets $2.5 - for Tim Tebow. Plus, Jacksonville's 4th-rd pick was more valuable.

Sure sounds like they made the best choice for them and Tebow had no input.

I don't think the 6th a 7th swap was part of the Jax package...just the 4th.

Pick Six
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Now, he gets to play against Tom Brady, twice a year. We all know how that worked out...Yikes!

jhns
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
As McDamit used to say, no one player is above the team. "the player" should get no special treatment.

Did you just quote McD to prove a point?

Fail.

edog24
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM

I agree with all that. The problem I have is the lies that the FO spewed to the fans and TT throughout last year. If they would have re-affirmed that throughout the season then I wouldn't be as pissed about it.

The whole "Orton gives us the best chance to win" created a lot of distrust in the FO.

jhns
03-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree with all that. The problem I have is the lies that the FO spewed to the fans and TT throughout last year. If they would have re-affirmed that throughout the season then I wouldn't be as pissed about it.

The whole "Orton gives us the best chance to win" created a lot of distrust in the FO.

You just agreed with McDs management style. You also fail. What a bunch of morons...

edog24
03-22-2012, 10:58 AM
You just agreed with McDs management style. You also fail. What a bunch of morons...

Lol, I guess disagreeing is failing. All aboard the fail train then I guess!

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM

The media and the fans demanded to know if TT was the starting QB going into 2012 and Elway gave a very open ended reply: "TT earned the right to be the starting QB going into training camp." That's it. TT earned that right.

As for Orton, again that is a reflection of how bad TT was in training camp. IMHO TT was the starting QB going into the 2011 training camp but was so aweful that the front office inserted Orton. Yes, TT had no offseason to prepare and that sucks for him, that being said, he was terrible. The staff had no choice but to go with Orton. The difference between Orton and TT is that Orton caved under the pressure during games.

When TT was inserted as the starting QB Fox had to completely change the offense. They gave TT a shot to run the base offense during the Detroit game and the Broncos got destroyed.

jhns
03-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Lol, I guess disagreeing is failing. All aboard the fail train then I guess!

That doesn't even make sense.

I say you agreed with McDaniels, so you fail.

You say that means disagreeing is why you fail...

What
The

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 11:04 AM
As for Orton, again that is a reflection of how bad TT was in training camp. IMHO TT was the starting QB going into the 2011 training camp but was so aweful that the front office inserted Orton. Yes, TT had no offseason to prepare and that sucks for him, that being said, he was terrible. The staff had no choice but to go with Orton. The difference between Orton and TT is that Orton caved under the pressure during games.
This has been dissected and discussed to death already, but I think Orton started because the team knew they couldn't begin with Tebow and risk him playing badly. They avoided a season-long controversy by playing Orton first.

jhns
03-22-2012, 11:08 AM
This has been dissected and discussed to death already, but I think Orton started because the team knew they couldn't begin with Tebow and risk him playing badly. They avoided a season-long controversy by playing Orton first.

Or they just showed that they are terrible at judging QB play. I'm really not looking forward to the time that this front office has to draft their own QB. Hopefully they can find another established vet after Manning retires.

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2012, 11:08 AM

agreed and Orton looked better in training camp and in practice so the coaching staff had to play the best QB, period. How can a coaching staff tell the players "we are going to start the best players" and then insert a struggling QB? You can't. It was only after the 1-4 start that the staff decided a change was needed before the season was completely lost.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Did you just quote McD to prove a point?

Fail.

I guess you fail to see the irony between McD, the player, and tebow who was hand picked by McD himself. People bash McD yet love tebow? Ridiculous. Loosen up that shiny helmet you got on.

jhns
03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
I guess you fail to see the irony between McD, the player, and tebow who was hand picked by McD himself. People bash McD yet love tebow? Ridiculous. Loosen up that shiny helmet you got on.

Wtf? You aren't making any sense...

You raider fans need to hit the books.

Gort
03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
That is an interesting tidbit. NYC is the perfect place for Tim to set up his Evangelical pulpit. When you are a warrior for Jesus you take you message to the largest audience possible. I have a gut feeling Tim is going to end up a legend in NYC and beyond. Wouldn't it be something to meet the Jets in the playoffs.

if they let Tebow plays more than just on gimmick wildcat plays, i think the NYJ are a wildcard team this year. so for the playoffs that means, HOU, NE, NYJ, PIT, BAL, and whoever comes out of the west, barring any unforeseen circumstances. i honestly have no idea who will win the west right now. i hope it's us, but can easily see OAK or Sandy Eggo take it if they play to their potential. i know i'm supposed to disregard the Chefs, but they could surprise this year too (they do have Peyton Hillis afterall! :) )

Bronco_Beerslug
03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Or they just showed that they are terrible at judging QB play. I'm really not looking forward to the time that this front office has to draft their own QB. Hopefully they can find another established vet after Manning retires.

You probably ought to just pass on watching the Broncos for the next 10 years then if they disappoint you so badly.

You've made so many negative comments against the organization that you're probably not a Bronco fan anyway.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 11:39 AM
You probably ought to just pass on watching the Broncos for the next 10 years then if they disappoint you so badly.

You've made so many negative comments against the organization that you're probably not a Bronco fan anyway.

So disagreeing with moves the franchise makes somehow negates fan-dom? So you've agreed with every move the franchise has made? THAT'S THE KIND OF FAN I WANNA BE WHEN I GROW UP.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM

The BL trade doesn't fit that theory though. I just think they didn't like the style of offense Tim played, bit when the season looked lost, they figured they'd throw him in to get the whole Tebow thing over with.

They were as shocked as anyone at what happened after.

Natedog24
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Can't wait until the Tebow chants the first time Sanchez throws an int. Good luck with Tebowmania Mark!

chelsface
03-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Hello everyone,
This is my little guy Ryker's reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow (his favorite player who he met at his 1st ever broncos game this year) was traded, but that wasnt the only blow - he also found out that his 2nd favorite player Eddie Royal is gone too. Its tough to be a little fan sometimes but his video is good for a lil laugh - i dont know how to make it appear but its worth a watch

http://youtu.be/RjjoLAajJHk

Gutless Drunk
03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos/status/182891632100769792

John Elway, on @1023ESPN, said Tim Tebow was given a choice between Jets and Jaguars. "He knew what was going on the whole time," Elway said
Elway said offers from Jets and Jaguars were similar enough from Broncos perspective.

Lindsay Jones
@PostBroncos

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/report-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-from-broncos-for-fourth-round-draft-pick/1#.T2t2DPVgyhc

I'm thankful (the Jets) believed in me and stuck with me through this whole crazy process today," he began before clarifying, despite earlier reports, that he did not have the final choice between the Jets and Jaguars.

"Ultimately, I really didn't have any (input), because the Broncos had all that power," said Tebow. "It's (been) an interesting day. ... I'm excited to be a Jet at the end of the day."

uplink
03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I think the Jets will use Tebow creatively. They should have 2nd string players form the Tebow-package so they can practice the plays together and get the timing down. Then they all hit the field at the same time, catching the defense off guard. Tebow can sprint on to the field before the defense can sub or reset creating confusion. There is alot you could do with this. I think Sprano has shown he can think-out-side-of-the-box and will do some neat stuff.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone,
This is my little guy Ryker's reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow (his favorite player who he met at his 1st ever broncos game this year) was traded, but that wasnt the only blow - he also found out that his 2nd favorite player Eddie Royal is gone too. Its tough to be a little fan sometimes but his video is good for a lil laugh - i dont know how to make it appear but its worth a watch

Parent of the Year right here.

baja
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone,

That was me on the inside

peacepipe
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I think the Jets will use Tebow creatively. They should have 2nd string players form the Tebow-package so they can practice the plays together and get the timing down. Then they all hit the field at the same time, catching the defense off guard. Tebow can sprint on to the field before the defense can sub or reset creating confusion. There is alot you could do with this. I think Sprano has shown he can think-out-side-of-the-box and will do some neat stuff.

you do realize under NFL rules if the offense makes a substitution they have to allow the defense to make a subsitution.

gunns
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
So disagreeing with moves the franchise makes somehow negates fan-dom? So you've agreed with every move the franchise has made? THAT'S THE KIND OF FAN I WANNA BE WHEN I GROW UP.

Dude, jhns has not agreed with ANYTHNG the Broncos have done, except get rid of McD, in the past several years. And even that wasn't done in the specific way he would have done it. If they had kept Tebow he would have bitched about the FO, if they hadn't gotten Manning he would have bitched about the FO, if they won a playoff game he simply disappears until they lose one and then comes out bitching about anything and everything. This isn't about one topic and agreeing with the FO, it's about bitching about EVERYTHING the FO does and this was even before EFX. He's just into bitching ALL THE TIME. Many of us have criticized the FO, it's jhns FT job.

bendog
03-22-2012, 12:20 PM

yeah, it's the flip side to the McD nut huggers. If you just think it's a bad move, that's fine. I'll disagree with you. But, there's no reason to ridicule anyone unless its some dumb**** emotional response about some five year old with a fat head getting upset.

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Dude, jhns has not agreed with ANYTHNG the Broncos have done, except get rid of McD, in the past several years. And even that wasn't done in the specific way he would have done it. If they had kept Tebow he would have b****ed about the FO, if they hadn't gotten Manning he would have b****ed about the FO, if they won a playoff game he simply disappears until they lose one and then comes out b****ing about anything and everything. This isn't about one topic and agreeing with the FO, it's about b****ing about EVERYTHING the FO does and this was even before EFX. He's just into b****ing ALL THE TIME. Many of us have criticized the FO, it's jhns FT job.

In case you hadn't noticed, jhns is not a Broncos fan, he's a Shanafan, nothing more.

Rohirrim
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Can't wait until the Tebow chants the first time Sanchez throws an int. Good luck with Tebowmania Mark!

If you go peruse the NY media today, the **** storm has already begun. The media craziness that went on in Denver is small potatoes compared to what goes on in NY and NJ.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
yeah, it's the flip side to the McD nut huggers. If you just think it's a bad move, that's fine. I'll disagree with you. But, there's no reason to ridicule anyone unless its some dumb**** emotional response about some five year old with a fat head getting upset.

Meh, I wouldn't even go that far. Everyone has their own reasons for being a fan of the team, and as a fan of that team, they have the right to worship their team however they want. I don't get the impression that Beavis (I think he was the one with the kid who liked Tebow) was a Tebow fan to begin with, and then became a Broncos fan, but the other way around.

Ask people on this very message board how they became fans, and you'll hear stories, most of which happen during the person's childhood years, of watching Floyd Little, Randy Gradishar, Craig Morton, Tom Jackson, Karl Mecklenburg, John Elway, Terrell Davis. I wonder when Pat Bowlen became a fan of the team?

I can't remember when I became a Tigers fan, but I remember loving Rob Deer because he could hit the **** out of the ball. He would struck out 200 times a season, but hey. I was 10. When he got traded to the Red Sox I was devastated. Does that somehow make me less of a fan that I rooted for a ****ty player and wanted him to stay? Does it make my dad less of a fan for empathizing with his son and being pissed, too? I think it's a shame to dismiss a child's reaction (or a parent's reaction to his child's) based on something you disagree with.

Trolls are one thing. Macgruder, Broncbow and the other turds are gone now, though. Beavis and a few others including myself are pissed. That doesn't make us any worse fans than you holier-than-thous that are holding out hope that the Broncos FO has any clue what they're doing.

bendog
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
That doesn't make us any worse fans than you holier-than-thous that are holding out hope that the Broncos FO has any clue what they're doing.

I'll let that personal **** go because imo you really got slammed around more than deserved. But, Elway and company had the best draft last year we've seen in recent memory, and he's well on his way to being named exec of the year for 2013.

However, it's simply bull**** to say you're a fan of a team because of a favorite player. If R66v6s had traded Elway, I might have tped his house like fans did to Saban, but I'd still be a bronco fan. I certainly wouldn't have shot his dog, as Packer fans did to Dan Devine's dog. But, if one is so ****ing juvenile they can't explain to a child that teams make personnel changes to try and be better teams, they should expect ridicule. There's no I in team, remember. If you can't teach a kid about team work and team before individual, you're most likely a ****ty citizen and certainly a piss poor parent, as well as just being a dumb**** sportswise.

It doesn't mean I won't root for Tebow to do well in NY. He's nice kid. Not a good qb, imo ... or apparantly in the opinion of many football personnel guys ... but if you want to have a different opinion, I think you are entitled to it.

I also think your take is not entirely illogical in terms of this team perhaps being so bad that even a realatively healthy Manning is not going to go to a superbowl, let alone win.

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I can't remember when I became a Tigers fan, but I remember loving Rob Deer because he could hit the **** out of the ball. He would struck out 200 times a season, but hey. I was 10. When he got traded to the Red Sox I was devastated.

Jeezum, I had no idea who this guy was so I had to look him up. Looks like he only played 38 games for us, so I feel a little better. Love his numbers. Did he do anything besides walk, strike out and hit home runs?!?

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone,

The hardest part is figuring out which poster that was. I have a few ideas but need to see more to be certain

oubronco
03-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Sancheez
Tebow
Stanton

Talk about a Horrible lineup

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 01:18 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos/status/182891632100769792

John Elway, on @1023ESPN, said Tim Tebow was given a choice between Jets and Jaguars. "He knew what was going on the whole time," Elway said
Elway said offers from Jets and Jaguars were similar enough from Broncos perspective.

Lindsay Jones
@PostBroncos

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/report-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-from-broncos-for-fourth-round-draft-pick/1#.T2t2DPVgyhc

I'm thankful (the Jets) believed in me and stuck with me through this whole crazy process today," he began before clarifying, despite earlier reports, that he did not have the final choice between the Jets and Jaguars.

"Ultimately, I really didn't have any (input), because the Broncos had all that power," said Tebow. "It's (been) an interesting day. ... I'm excited to be a Jet at the end of the day."

Yep, looks to me like Timmy's word vs Honest John's. And we all know what a straight shooter Honest John is.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Sancheez
Tebow
Stanton

Talk about a Horrible lineup

Could be worse. Could be Bradford. :)

oubronco
03-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Could be worse. Could be Bradford. :)

Bradford will finally have some weapons and an O-line we'll see if he is better or not

oubronco
03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

"I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

Asked whether he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

"And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said.

bendog
03-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

"I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

Asked whether he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

"And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said.

he was better off when he drank.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Jeezum, I had no idea who this guy was so I had to look him up. Looks like he only played 38 games for us, so I feel a little better. Love his numbers. Did he do anything besides walk, strike out and hit home runs?!?

LOL no! That's what was so great about him when I was young! I didn't understand the game as much back then, so when he got up it was entertaining, one way or the other.

Tebow, in all likelihood, may end up like Rob Deer. Tons of raw potential, little refined skill. They were both exciting to watch, though, and sometimes you have to give those guys a chance.

jhns
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Cry more bitch.

jhns
03-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Dude, jhns has not agreed with ANYTHNG the Broncos have done, except get rid of McD, in the past several years. And even that wasn't done in the specific way he would have done it. If they had kept Tebow he would have b****ed about the FO, if they hadn't gotten Manning he would have b****ed about the FO, if they won a playoff game he simply disappears until they lose one and then comes out b****ing about anything and everything. This isn't about one topic and agreeing with the FO, it's about b****ing about EVERYTHING the FO does and this was even before EFX. He's just into b****ing ALL THE TIME. Many of us have criticized the FO, it's jhns FT job.

What is funny is that I have complemented Elway and Fox a LOT more than I have complained about them. I have continually said that the Manning move is a great one. I have continually complimented their draft and FA moves. You are the one only seeing negative stuff. Maybe if you had more than a second grade education...

By the way, I have proof that I am here after playoff wins. They just had a playoff win. Check the post history and stop acting like a little b****.

How about this, try showing one other thing I have complained about this FO doing. Just try finding something. Aside from starting Orton, and going for a stupid 4th down, I bet you can't find a single thing. This will prove how retarded you are.

TheDave
03-22-2012, 09:17 PM
"joelklatt: A little snag in the Tebow trade from the @Denver_Broncos will cause this trade to not be final until tomorrow afternoon!"
--http://twitter.com/joelklatt/status/183040140841e725952

Sounds like he has to sign a new contract with us first...

baja
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
"joelklatt: A little snag in the Tebow trade from the @Denver_Broncos will cause this trade to not be final until tomorrow afternoon!"
--http://twitter.com/joelklatt/status/183040140841e725952

Sounds like he has to sign a new contract with us first...

Now who has all the power

Don't frock with God's chosen

UberBroncoMan
03-22-2012, 10:07 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

God saying he needs to be a Jaguar huh?

Funny thing is, the Jags could offer a 3rd and we could take it and **** over NY.

broncocalijohn
03-22-2012, 10:50 PM
The Tebow trade did to Bronco Beavis what the Cutler trade did to jhns. He's even started calling us Manningites. I wonder if Beavis will call us Raider fans too...

We are all McD fans for rooting on for Manning....obviously. Caldwell I like this one!

barryr
03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Ah, nice to see the Tebow haters still bitching about Tebow fans. Yeah team.

Ratboy
03-22-2012, 11:50 PM
LOL. Just make the dude a Jaguar and call it a day.

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2012, 01:03 AM
LOL. Just make the dude a Jaguar and call it a day.

Would be awesome, especially with all the new Tebow users on Jet forums posting Super Bowl proclamations. They'd vanish in the span of few hours never to be heard from again.

Jags could do it to. All their owner needs to do is say...give them our 3rd and he'd be theirs.

Elway couldn't say no to that given how big of an upgrade that would be.