PDA

View Full Version : Sapp Outs Saints Snitch

BroncsCheer
03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Sapp still an idiot

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/nfl-outs-suspected-saints-whistleblower-on-its-own-network/

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Lol there goes his NFLN gig.

Houshyamama
03-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Who did Sapp say the snitch was?

lolcopter
03-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Sapp and Lombardi ****ing up the twitters

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Shockey

BroncsCheer
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM
He could go down for retaliation . .... (idiot ex-Raider scum, that is)

I admire Shockey's balls - but he's with Carolina now and has to play them twice a year . .

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Now rumor has it Sapp got it wrong? Wow

That One Guy
I'm thinking Shockey's name has been mentioned already in relation to this. I don't know exactly why but I'm thinking I've heard it. Maybe it was just conjecture before.

That One Guy

Ehh.. I think some people with some sway are going to float that to protect Shockey. Just a good deed and all. 99% of the public will never know better but it'll help prevent some trouble, potentially.

RaiderH8r
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM

Yeah, somebody at Showrime and/or NFLN told Sapp to walk it back or he was getting the door.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Sapp is obviously not very smart... outing a "snitch" on the involved company's own network puts both Sapp and the league in potential legal trouble.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Sapp is obviously not very smart... outing a "snitch" on the involved company's own network puts both Sapp and the league in potential legal trouble.

I agree 100% In the office some lawyers were wondering if Warner could sue for being injured by the bounty.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-21-2012, 06:09 PM
I agree 100% In the office some lawyers were wondering if Warner could sue for being injured by the bounty.

Undoubtedly there will be all sorts of personal injury litigation... But Sapp is an NFL employee who violated federal whistleblower protection law.

Gort
03-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Who did Sapp say the snitch was?

carmelo anthony is not happy with all this snitching.

KipCorrington25
03-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh no now New Orleans is sure to put a bounty on Shockey!

El Minion
03-21-2012, 06:34 PM

Who's the bigger fool, the fool who revealed the whistle blower or the fool that gave said fool the platform and audience for the reveal.

RaiderH8r
03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Snitches get stitches.

Lycan
03-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Sapp should be fired.

Then again, he never should've had a job speaking on television anyways.

Turd_Ferguson
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Who knows, who cares. Seems like it would be more likely it was a defensive player though... Those idiots got what they had coming to them. Check out the official press release for the NFL.... Pretty damning...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/the-nfls-official-announcement-regarding-bounty-discipline/

Hamrob
03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Give me a break. Shockey was an obvious whistle blower...he probably told anyone and everyone who would listen about it. So, if he isn't completely quiet about it himself, others can't be at fault for outing him.

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Who knows, who cares. Seems like it would be more likely it was a defensive player though... Those idiots got what they had coming to them. Check out the official press release for the NFL.... Pretty damning...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/the-nfls-official-announcement-regarding-bounty-discipline/

Defensive players would be more intimate with the details but would also potentially incriminate (or even just cast in a bad light) themselves as well. Offensive players wouldn't know as much, wouldn't incriminate themselves, and would have a vested interest in having this exposed so they and their teammates aren't targeted.

Turd_Ferguson
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Defensive players would be more intimate with the details but would also potentially incriminate (or even just cast in a bad light) themselves as well. Offensive players wouldn't know as much, wouldn't incriminate themselves, and would have a vested interest in having this exposed so they and their teammates aren't targeted.

Either way doesn't really matter.. They had emails and such from the coaches basically plotting all the details. Shockey didn't give them that.. I know forms of this exist all over, but pretty sickening the heights they took this to.

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Doesn't this make Sapp a snitch?

Snitching out a Snitch?

Oh perspective.

****ing fat piece of ****.

I bet he did bounty **** himself.

COBronc78
03-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Give me a break. Shockey was an obvious whistle blower...he probably told anyone and everyone who would listen about it. So, if he isn't completely quiet about it himself, others can't be at fault for outing him.

The post a couple above you has a point

But Sapp is an NFL employee who violated federal whistleblower protection law

The NFL handed down these punishments...and one of there own employees announced to the world who the "snitch" was.

Dumb, dumb move. The NFL can't be happy about it and it is violating the federal whistleblower protection law.

I think it's funny that Shockey was outed, but it was a dumb move for an employee of the NFL to say it.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I wonder if an offensive player saying thousand bucks for every TD would also be illegal.

Turd_Ferguson
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Doesn't this make Sapp a snitch?

Snitching out a Snitch?

Oh perspective.

****ing fat piece of ****.

I bet he did bounty **** himself.

Um we are talking about the Warren Sapp from this video at about 1:30?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgdlqNtbBAA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgdlqNtbBAA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Um we are talking about the Warren Sapp from this video at about 1:30?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgdlqNtbBAA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgdlqNtbBAA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I forgot about that hit. Was big news at the time.

canadianbroncosfan
03-22-2012, 12:08 AM
I wonder if an offensive player saying thousand bucks for every TD would also be illegal.

The difference being that TDs wouldn't permanently injure a player.

That One Guy
03-22-2012, 08:12 AM
The post a couple above you has a point

The NFL handed down these punishments...and one of there own employees announced to the world who the "snitch" was.

Dumb, dumb move. The NFL can't be happy about it and it is violating the federal whistleblower protection law.

I think it's funny that Shockey was outed, but it was a dumb move for an employee of the NFL to say it.

I know you can't retaliate against a whistleblower but I don't know that identifying them is against it. Also, I'm under the impression that law applies to actual violations of the law. For the purposes of this, the matter is only slightly more of a legal concern than someone forgetting to refill the coffee pot.

peacepipe
03-22-2012, 08:21 AM
A comment like this could potentially end shockeys carreer. sapp just opened himself up for a potential lawsuit if he was just talking out of his ass.

mnfan
03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
The difference being that TDs wouldn't permanently injure a player.

I think it would be against the rules if coaches iniated it due to salary cap ramifications. My question on this is, what about the other teams that Williams coached for, the Bills and the Redskins. I understand that the NFL wants to make a point about it being serious about player safety because they are getting sued.

I do find it ironic that the league basically hid concussion info for years, putting players in jeapordy and now come off on a high horse about this. What is worse, paying someone to hurt others or hiding the implication of risks for your own gain.

That One Guy
04-11-2012, 08:20 PM
www.espn1420.com/saints-bounty-snitch-revealed/

Supposedly the actual whistleblower has been identified. One guy's account, at least. If nothing else, gives Shockey someone else to point the finger at if he's really being blackballed.

UberBroncoMan
04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Sapp. Such a ****ing idiot, lol.

errand
04-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I know you can't retaliate against a whistleblower but I don't know that identifying them is against it. Also, I'm under the impression that law applies to actual violations of the law. For the purposes of this, the matter is only slightly more of a legal concern than someone forgetting to refill the coffee pot.

Don't we have a constitutional right to face our accusers? Point being is if you're gonna blow the whistle on something, eventually those accused of wrong doing will find out who the accuser is correct?

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Don't we have a constitutional right to face our accusers? Point being is if you're gonna blow the whistle on something, eventually those accused of wrong doing will find out who the accuser is correct?

Happens on the prison yards all the time

That One Guy
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM

In a legal court, you have the right to face your accuser.

In the court of NFL.. not so much. Also, the whistleblower here didn't necessarily accuse someone in the general sense of the word. He notified the NFL that it was happening and then punishments were doled out based on the NFL's investigation.

errand
04-11-2012, 09:01 PM
In a legal court, you have the right to face your accuser.

In the court of NFL.. not so much. Also, the whistleblower here didn't necessarily accuse someone in the general sense of the word. He notified the NFL that it was happening and then punishments were doled out based on the NFL's investigation.

Thank you for the clarification....I appreciate it.

Miss I.
04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Sapp is an idiot. Not news. But explain why NFLN was stupid enough to air this? It's the Nfls network. Why the hell were they stupid enough to out their whistleblower on air in a case they are investigating. The nfl is either run by incompetent **** throwing monkeys or they are deliberately screwing this up to discourage anyone in the future from whistle blowing

That One Guy
04-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Sapp is an idiot. Not news. But explain why NFLN was stupid enough to air this? It's the Nfls network. Why the hell were they stupid enough to out their whistleblower on air in a case they are investigating. The nfl is either run by incompetent **** throwing monkeys or they are deliberately screwing this up to discourage anyone in the future from whistle blowing

NFLN and NFL are basically run as two different businesses. Just imagine the legal liabilities everyone assumes by claiming Shockey was the snitch. There's no way the NFL is using this to discourage anything. It was the NFLN people trying to break a story and it backfired bigtime.

My opinion, of course.

Miss I.
04-11-2012, 09:41 PM
NFLN and NFL are basically run as two different businesses. Just imagine the legal liabilities everyone assumes by claiming Shockey was the snitch. There's no way the NFL is using this to discourage anything. It was the NFLN people trying to break a story and it backfired bigtime.

My opinion, of course.

Even if they are, it's a pretty daft play by them. Especially if Sapp is inaccurate. I realize NFLN is not exactly a journalistic source, but they have some responsibility for the crap they are putting on air as news. If it is merely heresay-gossip with no reliable, credible source (and Sapp alone is not credible) they've opened themselves up I should think for some sort of legal action and damaged the NFL's investigation to boot. They may be run as two separate organisms, but the NFLN cut off it's nose to spite the face of the NFL. Pretty stupid.

That One Guy
04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Even if they are, it's a pretty daft play by them. Especially if Sapp is inaccurate. I realize NFLN is not exactly a journalistic source, but they have some responsibility for the crap they are putting on air as news. If it is merely heresay-gossip with no reliable, credible source (and Sapp alone is not credible) they've opened themselves up I should think for some sort of legal action and damaged the NFL's investigation to boot. They may be run as two separate organisms, but the NFLN cut off it's nose to spite the face of the NFL. Pretty stupid.

I don't think anyone will argue that the NFL and NFLN have both been drug through the mud and made to look like fools from this whole thing. I think it's hilarious and I bet Sapp wasn't the only one who got a sit down chat with their boss.