PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars in it!

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
@AdamSchefter

More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.

If we can get their third I'll be insanely happy. Also happy for Tim to go back home. Luck vs Tebow rivalry would be fun to watch.

TheDave
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
@AdamSchefter

(John Elway just called me and said): Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.

Fixed

BroncoDoug
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I would much rather see Tebow go back home to Jacksonville. As a person he doesn't strike me as a NY guy. I want to see Tebow get a good shot to stick in the NFL his way, through hard work and a good situation. New York IMO wouldn't offer that.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Just ship back Terrance Knighton in return.

dbfan21
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Heck...send us a solid DT and we can call it even.

TheReverend
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh LAWD

BroncoInferno
03-21-2012, 01:59 PM
@AdamSchefter

More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.

If we can get their third I'll be insanely happy. Also happy for Tim to go back home. Luck vs Tebow rivalry would be fun to watch.

If Jax had been offering the best trade package, they would probably already have him. If the Jets are allowed to walk away from the deal, we'll probably end up with lesser compensation.

UNLESS....Scheffter tweeted earlier that Jax dropped out due to the contract. Why the change of heart? Maybe they were offering to cover half, but Denver thought they were going to get it all from the Jets?

USMCBladerunner
03-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I hope for Tim's sake that he goes to Jacksonville. And I honestly think that he would be very good for that franchise, particularly in terms of money and also in terms of exciting product on the field.

broncosteven
I would love to see Tim back in the swamp...I mean Jax.

bronco militia
@AdamSchefter

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/90/909190.jpg

huh?

teknic
Just ship back Terrance Knighton in return.

Yes please!

bendog
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
This would ultimately be a debacle for Jax with their fans .... unless from the outset the F/O and Khan made it clear this was a long term investment and fans shouldn't expect to see much of Teebs until he works out his mechanics. Then in two years they could make the Gabbert/Tebow decision.

In a football sense, Teebs might have a less hysterical time of it with the Jests, who just want him for a wildcat/redzone look

Kaylore
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I would be happier about this - especially if the Jets are being a bunch of nards about them not reading their own contracts.

broncosteven
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I would be happier about this - especially if the Jets are being a bunch of nards about them not reading their own contracts.

Rex Ryan thinks reading is over rated

Old Dude
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
what a circus

Gcver2ver3
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
If Jax had been offering the best trade package, they would probably already have him. If the Jets are allowed to walk away from the deal, we'll probably end up with lesser compensation.

UNLESS....Scheffter tweeted earlier that Jax dropped out due to the contract. Why the change of heart? Maybe they were offering to cover half, but Denver thought they were going to get it all from the Jets?

if the Jags turned it down over that they're idiots...

that would be chump change compared to what they'd earn in ticket and jersey sales... nevermind the increased national exposure...

ColoradoBuff
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
freakin classic! lol

Jay3
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Tebow is going to bull rush either Gabbert or Sanchez, whichever poor soul ends up in front of him.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM

I'm not sure anyone knows how far this process was when the discovery was made. Sounds like there had to be some mis-communication going on.

uplink
03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
This would ultimately be a debacle for Jax with their fans .... unless from the outset the F/O and Khan made it clear this was a long term investment and fans shouldn't expect to see much of Teebs until he works out his mechanics. Then in two years they could make the Gabbert/Tebow decision.

I don't know why so many people think Tebow is so bad. No way Gabbert starts before Tebow in a fair completion. Tebow would be the best QB on the Jags roster. The media is crazy, Tebow can play. He took us to the playoffs, Gabbert would have folded under the pressure.

baja
03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
The Lord works in mysterious ways

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't know why so many people think Tebow is so bad. No way Gabbert starts before Tebow in a fair completion. Tebow would be the best QB on the Jags roster. The media is crazy, Tebow can play. He took us to the playoffs, Gabbert would have folded under the pressure.

LOL,he couldn't beat out KO but you think he'll beat out gabbert?

bronco militia
03-21-2012, 02:10 PM
oops!

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tebowjets.jpg

uplink
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
maybe Tebow will rework his contract for the Jags if that would help with the 5Mil. payment?

55CrushEm
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/90/909190.jpg

huh?

Seriously. A few people have mentioned that McCoy and Gase "steal" paychecks from the Broncos.

But WTF does THIS guy REALLY do for us? Really.

Ronnie Tsunami
I don't know why so many people think Tebow is so bad.

maybe it's the fact that he can't throw a spiral when his job description reads "throw a spiral"

peacepipe

In a football sense, Teebs might have a less hysterical time of it with the Jests, who just want him for a wildcat/redzone look

the problem is they already have a long term investment. Gabbert.

uplink
Khan is offering Tebow lifetime job in Lahore after he retires.

bronco militia
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Seriously. A few people have mentioned that McCoy and Gase "steal" paychecks from the Broncos.

But WTF does THIS guy REALLY do for us? Really.

I'm not sure anymore...I didn't see him at the press conference yesterday.

wait........Maybe thats how they resigned Mays?!!!!

goldengopher1976
What about they send us Gabbert and we send them Tebow? Gabbert has the 2-3 years of seasoning he needs under Manning's tutelage and Tebow gets to be in Jax...

Won't happen, but it makes sense to me...

uplink
LOL,he couldn't beat out KO but you think he'll beat out gabbert?

Yes I do without a picosecond of doubt in my mind. Gabbert sucks, he should pick another profession.

USMCBladerunner
03-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Khan is offering Tebow lifetime job in Lahore after he retires.

lol...With free use of the company bungalow in Jalabad!

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes I do without a picosecond of doubt in my mind. Gabbert sucks, he should pick another profession.why? because he's abetter passer than TT.

Blart
Go Jags go!

BroncoBeavis
What about they send us Gabbert and we send them Tebow? Gabbert has the 2-3 years of seasoning he needs under Manning's tutelage and Tebow gets to be in Jax...

You said "Manning's tutelage" LOL

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
why? because he's abetter passer than TT.

Then how come he has fewer yards per attempt?

Cito Pelon
03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Tebow would smoke Gabbert, but that JAX FO, they're the same guys that drafted Gabbert, right? Dealing with a newbie owner with an accent, the owner wanted Tebow, they don't, they're invested in Gabbert.

gyldenlove
03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Rex Ryan thinks reading is over rated

He would have read the contract, but it had a bit of pizza sauce on it that Xanders spilled, so he ate it.

BroncoBen
03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I am hoping Tebow goes to the Jags.. but a deal is a deal. Sounds like the Jets didn't read the fine print and are trying to back out now..

Now if the Broncos can get a better deal from the Jags or Rams.. more power to them.

Old Dude
oops!

... anyone else and I'd assume this was photoshopped ... but where Tebow is concerned, it's just routine ...

24champ
What a ****ing circus.

Cito Pelon
03-21-2012, 02:20 PM

No, but thank you so much would be my reply.

pricejj
03-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Sweet Xanders! Whose awesome idea was it to not tell them what was in the contract...after EVERY other team turned down the trade because of the small print?

Cluster****

R8R H8R
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
I said this in another thread, but this one is on the Jets. It is thier responsibility to do thier due diligence on contracts before they commit to a trade.

That being said, can't the Broncos waive this clause in the contract, if they want to?

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Sweet Xanders! Whose awesome idea was it to not tell them what was in the contract...after EVERY other team turned down the trade because of the small print?

Cluster****It isn't xanders fault the jets failed to read the contract. st louis & the jags had no problem reading the contract.

bendog
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Why waive it? The jests announced the trade. I think they're screwed.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Rather see him at the Jets playing a non full time QB role

lostknight
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Wow. ESPN is reporting that Tebow asked to be traded to the Jaguars after the Broncos signed Peyton, and Elway still traded to Jets. Then the Broncos decided to tell the jets, after the agreement, that they wanted the Jets to pay the 5 million they were forced into paying Tebow due to the new agreement last year.
Stay classy Denver.

Steve Prefontaine
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
He would have read the contract, but it had a bit of pizza sauce on it that Xanders spilled, so he ate it.

Sick trap by Xanders!

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Broncos can take the high road with the jets and waiver the financial stuff (or cut it in half, let's say $2.5m) or they can play hard ball and tell the Jets too bad. This really is on the Jets, not the Broncos.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Wow. ESPN is reporting that Tebow asked to be traded to the Jaguars after the Broncos signed Peyton, and Elway still traded to Jets. Then the Broncos decided to tell the jets, after the agreement, that they wanted the Jets to pay the 5 million they were forced into paying Tebow due to the new agreement last year.
Stay classy Denver.

LOL

yah, believe essspin. They always tell the truth...

2KBack
03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL

yah, believe essspin. They always tell the truth...

Gotta defend those NY teams

Blart
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is now in the hands of the Jets. They can pay the 5 million and accept the trade, or nix it.

Here's hoping they nix it. Tebow deserves an uncontested starting job.

yerner
Broncos can take the high road with the jets and waiver the financial stuff (or cut it in half, let's say $2.5m) or they can play hard ball and tell the Jets too bad. This really is on the Jets, not the Broncos.

I don't think this ever went to the league office. It was announced via Twitter by the Jets. I do not think this ends up being binding. The broncos may get the short end of the stick even if it were the Jets negligence.

peacepipe
Stay classy Denver.

LOL,MCfly! mcFly! where the **** have been McFly!? espn & NFLN have both reported that the jets dropped the ball on this one.

Tim
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Tebow deserves an uncontested starting job.

He'll still have beat out Plain Garbage

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't think this ever went to the league office. It was announced via Twitter by the Jets. I do not think this ends up being binding. The broncos may get the short end of the stick even if it were the Jets negligence.

You are probably right, it's the Jets who just jumped the gun without due diligence. That being said, the Broncos can still try to save the deal through being the nice guy...

teknic
03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is now in the hands of the Jets. They can pay the 5 million and accept the trade, or nix it.

Mark Sanchez isn't much of an obstacle to become the starting QB. Any competent QB could replace Sanchez, who is basically Kyle Orton.

Old Dude
ESPN reports that the Jags declined because of the language in question, so somebody certainly knew about it. Also, it's not necessarily 5 million, but some portion of the 5 million that was paid in bonus money.

ESPN also reports that St. Louis may now be back in the mix because they did NOT have the same issue with the recapture language.

Denver & NY could certainly negotiate whatever difference there is.

What a mess. Hopefully, it will be settled by draft day.

BroncoBen
LOL,MCfly! mcFly! where the **** have been McFly!? espn & NFLN have both reported that the jets dropped the ball on this one.

You would think a deal is deal.. to me its on the Jets to read the Contract, not up to the Broncos to go over detail in Tebow's contract.

When you or I sign a contract to buy a car or house, does the salesman or realtor go over every detail in the contract ? No.. its up to us to read the details.

pricejj
03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
You are probably right, it's the Jets who just jumped the gun without due diligence. That being said, the Broncos can still try to save the deal through being the nice guy...

Screw being the nice guy...remember when Elway said we we're operating on a "cash budget" this year? Reckons we're gonna need that $5M to sign UFA's with.

rbackfactory80
03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh LAWD

I see you live in J-ville Rev. Don't spend to much time at the stadium if Tebow goes to Jacksonville or you know what might happen:)

ScottXray
03-21-2012, 02:39 PM

The Broncos having to pay tebow 5 million for the Jets is not being nice...its stupid.
If they made the deal then read the contract its too bad for them. ( and Tebow).

If the Jags are back in and now willing to match then Elway can be nice to the Jets and let them off the hook. Better for Tebow.

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
This has been mentioned but the jets sent this out on twitter before it could be made official. it is possible that the jets merely did it to see what the fan reaction would be. saw the reaction & changed there minds. the jets are in a LARGE market,5 million(although a lot) would not be a big deal to them.

BroncoBeavis
You would think a deal is deal.. to me its on the Jets to read the Contract, not up to the Broncos to go over detail in Tebow's contract.

When you or I sign a contract to buy a car or house, does the salesman or realtor go over every detail in the contract ? No.. its up to us to read the details.

Yeah, but that's also why there's generally a big lag time between when you make an offer (say on a house) and when the sale gets closed.

There are lots of contingencies to get worked out in the mean time, and the deal can fall apart based on them. If you make an offer, but then find out during inspection that the house has termites... you're free to pull out of the deal.

Like I said, nobody knows how far into this process the Jets were. It's hard to believe there was enough time for all the details to have been sorted out.

Obviously this issue is a big one, but if the Jets didn't know about it, there's a good chance either the Broncos failed to mention it or were trying to slip it through.

SJ Bronco
oops!

LOL Hopefully the news got to the tattoo parlors in time!

Tombstone RJ
I'd prefer TT went to the Jags anyway...

SJ Bronco
03-21-2012, 02:43 PM

my wife, the Realtor, say she does. That's all I can tell you. Not judging, just saw that and thought I would mention it.

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM

When you or I sign a contract to buy a car or house, does the salesman or realtor go over every detail in the contract ? No.. its up to us to read the details. I think the jags days ago,pulled up TT contract & knew going into it. probably hoped denver would waive it.casserly was on NFLN saying every team has access to all contracts on a certain website.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah, but that's also why there's generally a big lag time between when you make an offer (say on a house) and when the sale gets closed.

There are lots of contingencies to get worked out in the mean time, and the deal can fall apart based on them. If you make an offer, but then find out during inspection that the house has termites... you're free to pull out of the deal.

Like I said, nobody knows how far into this process the Jets were. It's hard to believe there was enough time for all the details to have been sorted out.

Obviously this issue is a big one, but if the Jets didn't know about it, there's a good chance either the Broncos failed to mention it or were trying to slip it through.

Please explain how other teams saw the contract wording but the Jets missed it? The Broncos didn't hide anything, the Jets just announced the trade before reading Tebows contract.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Uncontested starting job?? That's ridiculous. He won't even be the starter of the teams that are interested. Nothing is ever given uncontested in the nfl.

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Please explain how other teams saw the contract wording but the Jets missed it? The Broncos didn't hide anything, the Jets just announced the trade before reading Tebows contract.

the more I think about it the more I think the jets knew. the jets whatever you may think of them can't be that sloppy. If they really wanted this trade to go through they would've waited until it was officially done, & then release it on twitter. they just were trying to gauge what the fanbase would think of it. remember the perception of the lockerroom was something that the FO was worried about.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM

Like I said, nobody knows where this was at, or at what point the Jets discovered it.

But having a $5 million dollar point that wasn't even discussed in negotiations makes it seem like either the Broncos didn't know about it either, or knew about it and didn't want to talk about it.

$5 million on a player that makes 1.2 this year is kind of a big deal.

oubronco
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Like I said, nobody knows where this was at, or at what point the Jets discovered it.

But having a $5 million dollar point that wasn't even discussed in negotiations makes it seem like either the Broncos didn't know about it either, or knew about it and didn't want to talk about it.

$5 million on a player that makes 1.2 this year is kind of a big deal.

It's been reported the other teams saw it and the Jets didn't

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM

$5 million on a player that makes 1.2 this year is kind of a big deal.you just don't overlook a 5 million dollar payment. the jets could have just got on the computer & printed it out.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
the more I think about it the more I think the jets knew. the jets whatever you may think of them can't be that sloppy. If they really wanted this trade to go through they would've waited until it was officially done, & then release it on twitter. they just were trying to gauge what the fanbase would think of it. remember the perception of the lockerroom was something that the FO was worried about.

Enter Roger Goodell. If this is true then the NYJs were not negotiating in good faith and that my friend should be hammered/punished immediately.

oubronco
03-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Enter Roger Goodell. If this is true then the NYJs were not negotiating in good faith and that my friend should be hammered/punished immediately.

Send in the Ban Hammer

crush17
God I cant stand these Tebow nut huggers anymore.

Seriously, **** all of you for being two faced fans and putting one player ahead of the TEAM.

I hope you all find each other so you can jerk each other off with your tears. ****ing pussies.

GreatBronco16
Uncontested starting job?? That's ridiculous. He won't even be the starter of the teams that are interested. Nothing is ever given uncontested in the nfl.

Manning, starting QB for Denver.

oubronco
03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
God I cant stand these Tebow nut huggers anymore.

Seriously, **** all of you for being two faced fans and putting one player ahead of the TEAM.

I hope you all find each other so you can jerk each other off with your tears. ****ing pussies.

LOL Tell them how you really feel

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 02:56 PM

I hope Goodell gives us their second and next year's second. Aholes.

crush17
03-21-2012, 02:56 PM

OMFG you cannot be serious.

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
ESPN reports that the Jags declined because of the language in question, so somebody certainly knew about it. Also, it's not necessarily 5 million, but some portion of the 5 million that was paid in bonus money.

ESPN also reports that St. Louis may now be back in the mix because they did NOT have the same issue with the recapture language.

Denver & NY could certainly negotiate whatever difference there is.

What a mess. Hopefully, it will be settled by draft day.

Jags are ****ing idiots. They'd get the $5 mill back easy just in sales from having him on the team.

Blart
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM

Haha, exactly. I want Tebow to play. I want him on a team that treats him like their Manning.

Old Dude
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM

Bah - just another retread hall of fame quarterback. Dime a dozen, those guys.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 02:59 PM
you just don't overlook a 5 million dollar payment. the jets could have just got on the computer & printed it out.

You might if you were just talking numbers and draft picks over the phone and it wasn't mentioned.

peacepipe
Jags are ****ing idiots. They'd get the $5 mill back easy just in sales from having him on the team.but again,the FO is paid to make football decisions not marketing decisions.

crush17
Haha, exactly. I want Tebow to play. I want him on a team that treats him like their Manning.

Just another football retard. All of you, effing RETARDS.

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
You might if you were just talking numbers and draft picks over the phone and it wasn't mentioned.don't matter, all the FO had to do was get on a computer, get on the internet go to the NFL website(not nfl.com),type tebows name & boom there's TTs contract & then hit print.

errand
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Stay classy Denver.

So if the Jets offered a 4th, and the Jags offered a 5th....you think the Broncos should take less to make Tebow happy?

Dutch
03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Interesting that it was reported earlier on NFL Network (Jason La Canfora)that the Jets were strong-arming the Broncos by basically saying "here is our offer-take it now or leave it, we don't want to get into a bidding war". Basically, the Jets F'ed up and didn't read the contract. It will not be a done deal as The League didn't sign off on it. Soooooo, let the games continue.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Some people seem to think the Broncos had an obligation to explain Tebow's contract to the Jets. Wrong.

Every team and every agent have access to every contract in the league. To approach a team about a player and make an offer before you've studied the contract (which is truly what you're acquiring) is the height of incompetence. This is 100% on the Jets.

Blart
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Just another football retard. All of you, effing RETARDS.

I enjoy watching Tebow play football. I of course prefer Manning, but it's rather strange that it offends you that I hope he starts somewhere!

Bacchus
03-21-2012, 03:12 PM

No, Haney will compete against him.

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 03:13 PM
but again,the FO is paid to make football decisions not marketing decisions.

The FO doesn't want Tebow though. This is all from Khan.

bendog
03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
but again,the FO is paid to make football decisions not marketing decisions.

Tebow in Jax would set off another bout of Tebowmania. It would sell tix, but it might not get the most wins.

I still think Teebs is better off with the Jests. He'd have a defined role of what he does on the field, and frankly if he can't become a better qb than Sanchez he needs another line of work. And no offense to the guy. I hope the best for him.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
don't matter, all the FO had to do was get on a computer, get on the internet go to the NFL website(not nfl.com),type tebows name & boom there's TTs contract & then hit print.

So when we were talking to teams at the combine about what they might be interested in, you think they all whipped out their iphones and started reading contracts before talking about it?

crush17
03-21-2012, 03:20 PM
So when we were talking to teams at the combine about what they might be interested in, you think they all whipped out their iphones and started reading contracts before talking about it?

Holy mother of god you are an idiot.

Lol I get it now. Funny game.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 03:20 PM

Manning has years of work put in with results to have the label of "starting" QB. Tebow doesnt.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 03:24 PM

LOL

wow, you truly are dense. Your hate of the Broncos has totally warped your senses.

I'm sure trades happen all the time over the phone, that is, a verbal agreement. I'm also sure teams don't announce the trade until they've done their due diligence on contracts.

How many trades have been done over the years homey? How many times has this type of mistake happened? That is, how many times do teams announce a trade and then say "oh, wait a minute, we didn't know about THAT!"

Let me answer this for you: almost never. I can't remember of one instance of this happening with any other Broncos trades over they years, where the trade was announced and then either the Broncos or the other team backed out.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Also, many times when trades are announced, the media will say something like this: "The Broncos and the Jets have agreed to a trade IN PRINCIPLE but nothing has been announced as of yet..."

Translation: teams have made a verbal agreement but are reading the fine print.

pricejj
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Tebow in Jax would set off another bout of Tebowmania. It would sell tix, but it might not get the most wins.

I still think Teebs is better off with the Jests. He'd have a defined role of what he does on the field, and frankly if he can't become a better qb than Sanchez he needs another line of work. And no offense to the guy. I hope the best for him.

Tebow could get more than 5 wins in J'ville...

BroncoBen
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Some people seem to think the Broncos had an obligation to explain Tebow's contract to the Jets. Wrong.

Every team and every agent have access to every contract in the league. To approach a team about a player and make an offer before you've studied the contract (which is truly what you're acquiring) is the height of incompetence. This is 100% on the Jets.

I was listening to sports radio and they were saying the Jets deal was something the Jets owner (Woody Johnson) wanted and someone in the Head Office (GM Tannenbaum) was trying to please his boss and get the deal done quickly.. but failed to read the contract.

Now because the deal was never sent into the NFL Office, it was never approved.

Now you would think for a club like the Jets.. $5 million won't be a big deal.

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 03:33 PM
apparently it TTs brother that says jags are back in it. according to NFLN. wonder if TT is behind the scenes trying to manipulate where he goes.

Mogulseeker
03-21-2012, 03:33 PM
What does this mean for Gabbert? If he is supposed to be the guy, why would that franchise subject themselves to that?

yerner
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Tebow for Mike Thomas.. Peyton would make Thomas a star.

chanesaw
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Its probably not the $5 million, but the extra cap hit that is holding it up.

bfoflcommish
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Jets posted on thier own sites. they didnt fully read or comprehend contract...how the hell could they NOT be liable to hold up their end of deal now????

Crushaholic
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
It doesn't matter where he goes. Tim and his millions will be fine. I just want the best deal for the Broncos...

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Jets posted on thier own sites. they didnt fully read or comprehend contract...how the hell could they NOT be liable to hold up their end of deal now????

Shhhhh! There are some sensitives on this board who blame everything on the Broncos FO! If they get wind of this they just might burst into tears!

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Also, many times when trades are announced, the media will say something like this: "The Broncos and the Jets have agreed to a trade IN PRINCIPLE but nothing has been announced as of yet..."

Translation: teams have made a verbal agreement but are reading the fine print.

Yeah, the media this last couple weeks has been doing a great job making sure all i's are dotted and t's crossed before making announcements.

First one out wins... details get lost in the process. Eddie Royal was a Redskin last week. Remember?

USMCBladerunner
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Jax is stupid...Gabbert is the one starting QB that Tebow is almost as good as IRT passing...ie terrible. Add in everything that makes Tebow so awesome as a football player and leader (and cash cow), and it should be a no brainer. HELLO???

lolcopter
03-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Jax is stupid...Gabbert is the one starting QB that Tebow is almost as good as IRT passing...ie terrible. Add in everything that makes Tebow so awesome as a football player and leader (and cash cow), and it should be a no brainer. HELLO???

they must hate money

razorwire77
03-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Gabbert is awful. The Tebow chants would start the first week of training camp. Honestly, the Jags are the only place I can see him legitimately winning a starting job in camp.

C'mon Jags. Break us off that 3rd rounder.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Because players like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, et al, deserve the treatment based on their resumes, amongst other things.

Say what you want about tebow but there is no reason why any team in the business of trying to win football games should treat him as their Manning.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Tebow could get more than 5 wins in J'ville...

I doubt it

Ratboy
03-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi
Jacksonville gets Tebow according to Tebow

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 04:31 PM

I hope so...and I hope the Rams and them drove that ****er up.

ScottXray
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM

waiting for the other shoe to drop.....now what?

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Jets FO starting to look like Miami's.

Lycan
03-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Michael Lombardi ‏ <s>@</s>michaelombardi (http://twitter.com/#%21/michaelombardi)
Sorry. That was a fake Tim Tebow acount.

swaiy
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Fake Tebow Twitter account.

Lestat
03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
no, they're starting to look like the Al Davis Raiders FO.
Jets FO starting to look like Miami's.

swaiy
Because players like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, et al, deserve the treatment based on their resumes, amongst other things.

Say what you want about tebow but there is no reason why any team in the business of trying to win football games should treat him as their Manning.

Why do you care so much?

lolcopter
Michael Lombardi ‏ <s>@</s>michaelombardi (http://twitter.com/#%21/michaelombardi)
Sorry. That was a fake Tim Tebow acount.

what a dumbass

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
what a dumbass

Yeah, that's pretty ****ing bad. It's impossible to **** that up if you just look at the account.

Ratboy
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, that's pretty ****ing bad. It's impossible to **** that up if you just look at the account.

Yeah, take note, If you're a reporter, do not use twitter as a source.

CEH
03-21-2012, 04:59 PM
No surpise here Tebow can't even complete the trade

Jets now turn their attention to Fake Tebow

Tebow's is roughly a 5th round pick about right according to Bill Polian

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c4f28/article/jets-jaguars-resume-trying-to-trade-for-broncos-qb-tebow?module=HP11_breaking_news

"We want to go where somebody wants him -- that's where he wants to be," Robby Tebow said. "We'll figure it out. They're working on the contract; all those guys doing what they're paid to do." who's in charge? EFX or TT

Gutless Drunk
03-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

USAFBronco
03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.

If true, kudos to the FO. Classy

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 05:36 PM

Those gutless turds in the FO! Don't they know they're supposed to screw over TT so Beav and the Funky Bunch can continue to complain on the Mane?

Lestat
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
i gotta say this, that is a hell of a move for Elway to do that. it proves he meant what he said about liking Tim as a person.

barryr
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
If Tebow can pick, why would he pick the Jets over the Jags? It would seem like an easy choice for him.

Spider
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM
If Tebow can pick, why would he pick the Jets over the Jags? It would seem like an easy choice for him.

sounds like you would like the jags to be your new team........

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Those gutless turds in the FO! Don't they know they're supposed to screw over TT so Beav and the Funky Bunch can continue to complain on the Mane?

Beav and the Funky Bunch sound like a disco band.

barryr
03-21-2012, 05:54 PM
sounds like you would like the jags to be your new team........

Oh, more from the soap opera which is you. Idiot.

TheReverend
03-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Schefter corrected himself and said Elway will trade him to wherever is best for the franchise.

baja
03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Your link takes me to ten thousand tweets by adam

barryr
03-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Schefter corrected himself and said Elway will trade him to wherever is best for the franchise.

It didn't sound right after trading him and then coming back and let Tebow pick his team. He'd go to the Jags if that was the case.

Great13
And now he's a Jet. Officially.

That One Guy

There seems to have been a lot of this backpedaling lately. I know these people are trying to get the scoop first but either your first source is good enough to run with or is not. These people seem willing to just run with any info and figure they can change it later if they change their mind.

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
And now he's a Jet. Officially.

Where are you seeing it?

Nevermind. Other thread has the details.

Spider
03-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh, more from the soap opera which is you. Idiot.

just asking who you want your new team to be ,no need to get defensive over it

barryr
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
just asking who you want your new team to be ,no need to get defensive over it

A new team? I root for the Broncos at all times, unlike frauds like you.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM

The kid just won a playoff game. He's better than anything they presently have. Especially if they copy Carolina's offense rather than running two receiver sets like the retard McCoy.