PDA

View Full Version : Denver's Draft Pick Arsenal Post-Tebow Trade

Requiem
03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Thought I'd do a basic post on what our picks are after the trade. First # is the round, followed by what selection. Obviously this will change a bit with compensatory selections, but Denver has an extremely nice set up in this draft as of now. SoCal, myself and other niks would like more, but I think this gives us some versatility. I think there are positions were we need players that will pose excellent value in rounds 3 - 5.

Broncos Draft Arsenal

4.13 (from NYJ - Tebow)
5.2 (from STL - Lloyd)
6.18 (from NYJ - Tebow)

SonOfLe-loLang
03-21-2012, 11:41 AM
I dont believe we have 2 5th rounders?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 11:42 AM

The extra 5th was for lloyd. Conditional pick based on his performance? Not positive of ours was still in tact.

dictionary
03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I honestly would not be surprised to see Elway wheel and deal some more on draft day to get more draft picks--much like he did last year. It already appears that they are looking to build via the draft and surround Manning with the correct talent to get back to the big dance.

TL;DR Building through draft. Surrounding Manning with young talent.

2KBack
03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
we will get a couple conditionals for FA losses as well correct?

TonyR
03-21-2012, 11:44 AM
As of now, the Broncos now have one pick in each of the first, second, third, and sixth rounds, plus two each in the fourth and fifth rounds. But it is also believed they will be sending one late-round pick to Cleveland to complete the Peyton Hillis/Brady Quinn deal.

Denver received an extra fifth-rounder from St. Louis in return for WR Brandon Lloyd, while their own sixth-rounder had gone to the Eagles in return for LB Joe Mays, who was re-signed earlier in the week.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/broncos-trade-tebow-to-jets-for-4th-rounder

Requiem
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM

Yes, we never gave up our original. Browns compensation for Quinn has already been completed. I believe our original sixth goes to Eagles for Mays.

Marshall Dumervil
03-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Thought I'd do a basic post on what our picks are after the trade. First # is the round, followed by what selection. Obviously this will change a bit with compensatory selections, but Denver has an extremely nice set up in this draft as of now. SoCal, myself and other niks would like more, but I think this gives us some versatility. I think there are positions were we need players that will pose excellent value in rounds 3 - 5.

Broncos Draft Arsenal

4.13 (from NYJ - Tebow)
5.2 (from STL - Lloyd)
6.18 (from NYJ - Tebow)

Did we get a 7th in the Tebow deal?

Requiem
03-21-2012, 11:46 AM
We better not give **** up for Quinn, that'd be retarded. Get rid of the sixth if anything, no way do we just give up a 5 for that loser.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM

Jets 4th and 6th. We are sending our seventh with Tebow to them.

Taco John
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM

No, we gave up our 7th and got a 6th.

dictionary
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Here is a decent explanation: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/broncos-trade-tebow-to-jets-for-4th-rounder.

g6matty
03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
we're gonna owe the 6th we just got to cleveland .

i do like the patriot-esque approach elway is taking though

Marshall Dumervil
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks, stupid MSN didn't explain it very well.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
1. Trade for Wallace
2. Brandon Thompson DT
3. Amini Silatou G
4. Nigel Bradham WLB
4. Josh Chapman NT
5. Terrance Ganaway RB
5. Matt Daniels SS
6. Asa Jackson CB

FA: CB (Porter), TE (Clarke), C (Saturday), LB (Grant, Hawthorne)

Beantown Bronco
03-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Man, did we ever get hosed in that Brady Quinn trade.....oh well.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
1. Trade for Wallace
2. Brandon Thompson DT
3. Amini Silatou G
4. Nigel Bradham WLB
4. Josh Chapman NT
5. Terrance Ganaway RB
5. Matt Daniels SS
6. Asa Jackson CB

Thompson and Bradham are fine. **** the rest.

dictionary
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
1. Trade for Wallace
2. Brandon Thompson DT
3. Amini Silatou G
4. Nigel Bradham WLB
4. Josh Chapman NT
5. Terrance Ganaway RB
5. Matt Daniels SS
6. Asa Jackson CB

I like the idea of trading for Wallace since the Steelers have some serious holes to fix this offseason. Im not familiar with a lot of those other guys. Any links or info on them?

Elway 4 Life
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
We only have one 5th. We gave up our 5th for Mays. We have 7 picks total.

ScottXray
03-21-2012, 12:14 PM
With Bunkley gone we just lost a 1 or two to DT in the draft.

ayjackson
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
just posted this one in the Draft Forum:

First full day of Spring mock:

25. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
57. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
88. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
108. Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
120. Philip Blake, C, Baylor
129. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
152. Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
177. Hebron Fangupo, DT, Brigham Young
<!-- / message -->

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
We only have one 5th. We gave up our 5th for Mays. We have 7 picks total.

No, we have two fifths. Eagles got our sixth for Mays.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I like the idea of trading for Wallace since the Steelers have some serious holes to fix this offseason. Im not familiar with a lot of those other guys. Any links or info on them?

Which players? I watch a lot of College Football, I look for value and starters from every round.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
just posted this one in the Draft Forum:

First full day of Spring mock:

25. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
57. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
88. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
108. Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
120. Philip Blake, C, Baylor
129. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
152. Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
177. Hebron Fangupo, DT, Brigham Young
<!-- / message -->

@ Still -- Depends on what other DT are there.

@ Smith -- Absolutely not. We don't need another second round safety.

@ Osweiler -- I like him, would rather not take a QB early since we have Manning.

@ Kendryicks -- He could slip into the first round. He is really shooting up boards.

I think Streeter will go higher than that and Criner might as well.

Not a good draft IMO.

ayjackson
03-21-2012, 12:21 PM
@ Still -- Depends on what other DT are there.

@ Smith -- Absolutely not. We don't need another second round safety.

@ Osweiler -- I like him, would rather not take a QB early since we have Manning.

@ Kendryicks -- He could slip into the first round. He is really shooting up boards.

I think Streeter will go higher than that and Criner might as well.

Not a good draft IMO.

It's based on NFLDraftScout rankings, so just taking what was available at the spots. You say most are rated higher than I pick them, and then say it is a bad draft. It seems you think I get a lot of value with these picks.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
It's based on NFLDraftScout rankings, so just taking what was available at the spots. You say most are rated higher than I pick them, and then say it is a bad draft. It seems you think I get a lot of value with these picks.

I think you are getting value with the Kendryicks selection because he is going to go very high in this draft. I think you are very far off with your value and don't address enough pertinent needs and I only think highly of three people you listed on that mock.

Elway 4 Life
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
No, we have two fifths. Eagles got our sixth for Mays.

You are right about the Mays pick. We gave the browns our 5th for Quinn. We only have the 5th from St. Louis. 7 total picks.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
When did we give the Browns this years fifth for Quinn?

Beantown Bronco
03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
When did we give the Browns this years fifth for Quinn?

At the time of the trade.....we had to give them Hillis, a 2011 5th, and a 2012 conditional pick (5th that could become a 4th or 3rd if he actually saw any meaningful snaps.....he didn't so it stayed a 5th).

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
I have read at best that the conditional is this years 6th. Why would it be a higher pick if he played no snaps?

Elway 4 Life
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
At the time of the trade.....we had to give them Hillis, a 2011 5th, and a 2012 conditional pick (5th that could become a 4th or 3rd if he actually saw any meaningful snaps.....he didn't so it stayed a 5th).
Gotta love McDaniels.

Elway 4 Life
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I have read at best that the conditional is this years 6th. Why would it be a higher pick if he played no snaps?

The deal was for this years 5th.

WolfpackGuy
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
McClueless.

The gift that kept on giving.

Literally.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
The deal was for this years 5th.

I'm calling bull****.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
According to a DP article, you are right. Seriously, our fifth for Quinn? LAME.

BroncoMan4ever
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I honestly would not be surprised to see Elway wheel and deal some more on draft day to get more draft picks--much like he did last year. It already appears that they are looking to build via the draft and surround Manning with the correct talent to get back to the big dance.

TL;DR Building through draft. Surrounding Manning with young talent.

DJ Williams can probably get us a mid round pick.

Elway 4 Life
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm calling bull****.

I sure as hell wish it was.

Beantown Bronco

Where have you read this? I've never seen anyone officially state anything of the sort.

ayjackson
According to a DP article, you are right. Seriously, our fifth for Quinn? LAME.

The Huddle Report thinks it's a sixth.

WolfpackGuy
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
The 2012 compensation for Quinn was conditional.

Haven't seen anywhere what it is actually.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM

Well, I guess we will just have to wait this out. This is an absolute tragedy either way. I'd prefer it if we got to keep our two fifths. :(

Beantown Bronco
03-21-2012, 12:50 PM

I have a hard time believing the league would allow us to make three trades for the same draft pick. We already had to structure the Tebow trade to give us one back for the Mays compensation.

broncosteven
03-21-2012, 12:53 PM

Broncos Draft Arsenal

4.13 (from NYJ - Tebow)
5.2 (from STL - Lloyd)
6.18 (from NYJ - Tebow)

If you look at the starting DL for the Giants they were drafted in the 3rd through 5th rounds. This give us a good shot at using the mid rounds for DT's. I think they us the 1st on their target QB and the 2nd on an MLB or CB maybe even a TE.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
If we give up a fifth for Quinn it will go down worse than the Bears trading a second rounder to the Buccanners for a dead guy. (Gaines ADams)

gunns
03-21-2012, 01:03 PM

Un****ing believable. McD strikes again. That was a horrible trade. Then let's add in Maroney, damn that dude was good at attempting to ruin this team.

TheDave
03-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Un****ing believable. McD strikes again. That was a horrible trade. Then let's add in Maroney, damn that dude was good at attempting to ruin this team.

In fairness... it's not like he would have done anything with the picks. ;D

1- Knowshon Moreno – Sauced
1- Robert Ayers – Marginal Starter
2- Alphonso Smith - Gone
2- Darcel McBath - Gone
2- Richard Quinn - Gone
4- David Bruton - 3rd team
4- Seth Olsen - Gone
5- Kenny McKinley - RIP
6- Tom Brandstater – “Brandy”…”Brandy”
7- Blake Schlueter - Gone

1-Demaryius Thomas - Injured
1-Tim Tebow – 3rd team
2-Zane Beadles – Marginal starter
3-J.D. Walton – Marginal Starter
4-Eric Decker – 3rd WR
5- Parrish Cox - acquited Rapist
6- Eric Olsen - Gone
6- Syd'Quan Thompson – Injured
7-Jammie Kirlew, Indiana – Gone

Requiem
03-21-2012, 01:08 PM

I supported the direction Josh went with the team (I insantly loved him when he drafted Knowshon) but in hindsight, yeah -- he bent us over real good.

gunns
03-21-2012, 01:09 PM
If we give up a fifth for Quinn it will go down worse than the Bears trading a second rounder to the Buccanners for a dead guy. (Gaines ADams)

Yeah but at least he was alive and they got some play out of him. Quinn was dead before he got to Denver and we didn't get **** out of him.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah but at least he was alive and they got some play out of him. Quinn was dead before he got to Denver and we didn't get **** out of him.

i'm pretty sure gaines died in training camp and they gave up a really high pick for him.

rip gaines adams

orange skier
03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Man, did we ever get hosed in that Brady Quinn trade.....oh well.

I, ah, disagree on this one beantown.........watching Brady throw a pass and his not being able to hit the broad side of a barn was extremely entertaining. Knowing that the chiefs have him now just makes me smile.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-21-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm going to rename McD to McHerpes. The gift that keeps on giving. EFFFING A$$H01E!

SoCalBronco
03-21-2012, 08:36 PM
A minimum of 3 more are needed for the haul to be even semi-impressive. It's only 8 selections, so I'm not exactly getting a hard on.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 09:03 PM
With the picks received from the Jets in exchange for Tebow, the Broncos now have seven selections in the 2012 NFL Draft -- a first-rounder, a second-rounder, a third-rounder, two fourth-rounders, a fifth-rounder and a sixth-rounder.

So according to the official website, it does indeed seem that the Broncos get our fifth rounder.

4.13 (from NYJ - Tebow)
5.2 (from STL - Lloyd)
6.18 (from NYJ - Tebow)

Don't know if we will be able to acquire more selections, but the extra fourth is nice and we can have a nice three round run.

Lestat
03-21-2012, 09:10 PM
i would trade back in the draft and gain a 2nd or 3rd depending on how the draft falls.

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't mind walking out of the first three rounds with Still and Crick.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't mind walking out of the first three rounds with Still and Crick.

Pass on the injured players.

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Pass on the injured players.

Is Still hurt? Crick is healthy and will put on weight now that he can lift.

Lestat
03-21-2012, 09:33 PM
pretty sure he was referring to Crick only, as well as alluding to the Broncos history of drafting injured players(DT & Decker are the only ones in recent memory who's done anything)

Requiem
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM

I don't think Still is on the board at our pick and I wouldn't take Crick even to a spot at our trade down.

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
pretty sure he was referring to Crick only, as well as alluding to the Broncos history of drafting injured players(DT & Decker are the only ones in recent memory who's done anything)

He had a torn pec, it's fine. His reps after limited working out proves it. When schemed right Crick can get in the backfield. I see nothing wrong with taking a chance on him if he falls to the third like people are suggesting. Cox, Still, or Worthy with the 25th pick would be fine with me. We just need to find people that can push the pocket from the inside. I think Crick could do that.

Bronco Rob
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Can we the actual picks updated as of now?

???

Requiem
03-21-2012, 09:44 PM
He had a torn pec, it's fine. His reps after limited working out proves it. When schemed right Crick can get in the backfield. I see nothing wrong with taking a chance on him if he falls to the third like people are suggesting. Cox, Still, or Worthy with the 25th pick would be fine with me. We just need to find people that can push the pocket from the inside. I think Crick could do that.

If you take Cox or Worthy in round one (we won't have a shot at Cox) you need to get someone to play nose beside them. Crick isn't going to be that anchor. I don't see him being much of a pass rusher either. I think he'll end up going to a 3-4 team to play end.

3 tech first, and then get that run stuffer.

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
If you take Cox or Worthy in round one (we won't have a shot at Cox) you need to get someone to play nose beside them. Crick isn't going to be that anchor. I don't see him being much of a pass rusher either. I think he'll end up going to a 3-4 team to play end.

Akiem Hicks in the 4th or 5th maybe?

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 10:04 PM
I know this won't be popular but, want Denver to trade for Freeney. Either a pick this year or a pick next year. I know people will point out that his sack numbers declined this year but, remember he is used to playing with leads. Denver is trying to do that with Manning. I just think Miller, Doom, and Freeney playing with leads would be a tough task to block late in games.

Lestat
03-21-2012, 10:31 PM
no one has an issue with Crick in the third, but most think he'll go at the end of the first. which i wouldn't dare draft him that high. low 2nd or early 3rd yes because the value there makes him a steal.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Akiem Hicks in the 4th or 5th maybe?

You would be looking at players like Thompson, Ta'amu, Reyes (overall play) and you have to get one of them in the second round.

Turd_Ferguson
03-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I know everyone bitched about the Lloyd trade, but his play combined with St Louis just sucking this year has turned that 6th rounder into damn near a 4th round pick. I bet they take a QB with one of the 4ths or the 5th.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 10:44 PM
i would trade back in the draft and gain a 2nd or 3rd depending on how the draft falls.

What if no teams wanted to move up to your pick, then what? Cracks me up when people are like trade this guy to this team, move to this pick, grab an extra pick then draft so and so. It really is that easy huh?

Fact is they often don't make decision to move down until draft day. Maybe the guy they want gone, someone calls, you mull it over, you make the deal.

Broncojef
03-21-2012, 10:58 PM

You actually think Worthy is a possibility in the first? I'm a State fan and loved the guy but thought i might be wearing homer glasses while watching him...guess i need to pay more attetion to mock drafts.

Lestat
03-21-2012, 11:11 PM
i said depending on how the draft falls, what part of that did you miss before your mini rant? it assumes that a team wants to move up to our pick which rarely is it hard to trade back that late in the 1st since most teams have a guy who they see sliding to them and get antsy to deal up and secure the guy they desire.
What if no teams wanted to move up to your pick, then what? Cracks me up when people are like trade this guy to this team, move to this pick, grab an extra pick then draft so and so. It really is that easy huh?

Fact is they often don't make decision to move down until draft day. Maybe the guy they want gone, someone calls, you mull it over, you make the deal.

Carmelo15
03-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Something I wanted to point out...

The Jaguars have been confirmed to have offered their 4th rd pick. They have the 6th pick in the 4th round which is worth 92 points on the trade chart.

The Jets offered the 13th pick in the 4th round (worth 76 points) and the 18th pick of the 6th round (20.2). A total of 96.2 points. We gave them back the 25th pick of the 7th round, worth 4.6 points. So the Jets deal netted us nearly exactly the same as the Jags offer (96.2-4.6 = 91.6 points)

Lestat
03-21-2012, 11:30 PM
the more picks we have going into the draft the better. we need to have the maximum amount of assets to move up or down the draft as needed to get guys we really rate highly.

Drek
03-22-2012, 04:58 AM
I know this won't be popular but, want Denver to trade for Freeney. Either a pick this year or a pick next year. I know people will point out that his sack numbers declined this year but, remember he is used to playing with leads. Denver is trying to do that with Manning. I just think Miller, Doom, and Freeney playing with leads would be a tough task to block late in games.

Freeney will probably be released. His salary number is like $15M this next season.

So according to the official website, it does indeed seem that the Broncos get our fifth rounder.

4.13 (from NYJ - Tebow)
5.2 (from STL - Lloyd)
6.18 (from NYJ - Tebow)

Don't know if we will be able to acquire more selections, but the extra fourth is nice and we can have a nice three round run.
We'll see if it changes. I'm pretty sure we only needed a 6th to appropriately compensate the Browns, if thats the case then we now have an earlier 6th to give them and can keep our 5th.

I'd bet that is why the FO was so insistent on getting a 6th back in this trade.

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Something I wanted to point out...

The Jaguars have been confirmed to have offered their 4th rd pick. They have the 6th pick in the 4th round which is worth 92 points on the trade chart.

The Jets offered the 13th pick in the 4th round (worth 76 points) and the 18th pick of the 6th round (20.2). A total of 96.2 points. We gave them back the 25th pick of the 7th round, worth 4.6 points. So the Jets deal netted us nearly exactly the same as the Jags offer (96.2-4.6 = 91.6 points)

They obviously had a point value they were looking to return and the Jets agreed to eat the contract, or part of it and that was the difference.

DBroncos4life
03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Freeney will probably be released. His salary number is like $15M this next season.

We'll see if it changes. I'm pretty sure we only needed a 6th to appropriately compensate the Browns, if thats the case then we now have an earlier 6th to give them and can keep our 5th.

I'd bet that is why the FO was so insistent on getting a 6th back in this trade.

Good we need nickel rush end.

maher_tyler
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
1. Trade for Wallace
2. Brandon Thompson DT
3. Amini Silatou G
4. Nigel Bradham WLB
4. Josh Chapman NT
5. Terrance Ganaway RB
5. Matt Daniels SS
6. Asa Jackson CB

Yea...not happening!!

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/kiss-those-mike-wallace-dreams-goodbye

Lestat
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM
i think the difference was the extra pick more than the money because it's been hinted at that the Jags were gonna pay as much if not more than what the Jets picked up. but they would only part with the 4th and not another pick.
They obviously had a point value they were looking to return and the Jets agreed to eat the contract, or part of it and that was the difference.

Guessed
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Heard Elway on 104.3 this morning say that the Broncos had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths, two 5ths, (mentioned St Louis), and a 6th for the upcoming draft. That is different some earlier comments. That would be a great stash of picks to work with.

Lestat
03-22-2012, 12:03 PM
that's wonderful. gives us a lot of options to move around the draft.
Heard Elway on 104.3 this morning (can't remeber the names of the clowns hosting the show trying to stir stuff up) say that the Broncos had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths, two 5ths, (mentioned St Louis), and a 6th for the upcoming draft. That is different some earlier comments. That would be a great stash of picks to work with.

Guessed
03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Elway on again and said in effect only one 5th. So, two fourths, and no 7th...plus one pick in other rounds.

Lestat
03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
damn! i wanted that 2nd 5th.
Elway on again and said in effect only one 5th. So, two fourths, and no 7th...plus one pick in other rounds.

HAT
03-24-2012, 03:17 PM
i said depending on how the draft falls, what part of that did you miss before your mini rant? it assumes that a team wants to move up to our pick which rarely is it hard to trade back that late in the 1st since most teams have a guy who they see sliding to them and get antsy to deal up and secure the guy they desire.

Yup...The best case scenario for this year IMO is if one of the top 4 WR slips to 25.

Houston is drafting right behind Denver this year and SF a few spots back....Both are widely rumored to be looking at WR

Colts (34), Vikings (35), and whoever takes Tannehill....Browns (37) or Miami (42) could easily want to jump Houston and SF for a chance at Wright or Hill.

Colts could be in play to come get Fleener as well.

If Cox, Still, Konz, etc. are all off the board.....I'd be ecstatic if they could drop back to the mid thirties, pick up another very high 4th round pick and still land a DT like Reyes.

That would leave them tons of room to maneuver on day 2.

2.25 (57)
3.25 (88)
4.01 (97) via Colts
4.12 (108) via Jets
4.25 (120)
5.2 (129) via Rams