PDA

View Full Version : New Strategy from a new member!

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
I would like to introduce myself to the forum and those who read this thread. I am a Peyton Manning fan, I also love football and the NFL. I am from Baltimore, so I don't have a favorite team per say, but I do cheer for Peyton's success.

I know there will be more like me to join this forum, I only hope to add some insightful views, that aren't as Bronco biased. I study players, teams, college players.. You would be pleasantly surprised with what I can add to a Denver personnel topic.

Having said that, I would like to talk about some ideas and philosophies Denver could have going forward, since I know Manning, and I know Del Rio well.

Del Rio likes big body defensive tackles from his Baltimore days and JAX days. Having said that Denver in my opinion needs to go after two gap NT, because Del Rio utilized this to give his DE's and LB's the ability to face one on one matchups. I would say Bunkley could anchor, but I think Garay or Aubrayo Franklin could come in very affordable and do the job well. Let's start with the NT topic because teams need to be built inside out and I see a glaring weakness in Denver's interior, thoughts?

Chris
03-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Welcome. I've seen The Wire so I know where you're from. I've also seen Peyton Manning play once. We are now best friends.

Also, who in the draft do you see fitting in the two gap NT role? Plenty of talent there.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I see great value in Brandon Thompson 2nd round and Josh Chapman 3rd-4th round. Both play with high motors and can play the shade 1 tech or 0 NT technique.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2012, 09:44 AM
LOL...The Wire.

Slightly Soiled
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
I would like to introduce myself to the forum and those who read this thread. I am a Peyton Manning fan, I also love football and the NFL. I am from Baltimore, so I don't have a favorite team per say, but I do cheer for Peyton's success.

I know there will be more like me to join this forum, I only hope to add some insightful views, that aren't as Bronco biased. I study players, teams, college players.. You would be pleasantly surprised with what I can add to a Denver personnel topic.

Having said that, I would like to talk about some ideas and philosophies Denver could have going forward, since I know Manning, and I know Del Rio well.

Del Rio likes big body defensive tackles from his Baltimore days and JAX days. Having said that Denver in my opinion needs to go after two gap NT, because Del Rio utilized this to give his DE's and LB's the ability to face one on one matchups. I would say Bunkley could anchor, but I think Garay or Aubrayo Franklin could come in very affordable and do the job well. Let's start with the NT topic because teams need to be built inside out and I see a glaring weakness in Denver's interior, thoughts?

Mann-lover.

Just please no--"This is how we did it in Indy crap."

The Joker
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Anyone calls me the new McGruder and things are gonna get nasty up in here, ya'll feel me?

http://cardsspeakpoker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Omar_Wire.jpg

ColoradoDarin
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
We can't talk about DTs, one killed Pat Bowlen's parents (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98009) and he doesn't want any good ones on the team anymore.

Mediator12
03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I see great value in Brandon Thompson 2nd round and Josh Chapman 3rd-4th round. Both play with high motors and can play the shade 1 tech or 0 NT technique.

Chapman is recovering from an ACL and Meniscus tear and while he might be a Stud going forward has about zero chance of playing Football this fall. He did not get Surgery until AFTER the national Championship game. Played throught the season with NO ACL.

Thompson is a complete stud 4-3 NT IMHO. Not sure he can 2 gap without protection in a 3-4, but he could be a solid guy right away.

They still need a 3 tech and Bunkley can play either DT position and should get resigned.

Garay and Franklin would be nice additions at the right price. Lots of DT's worth a lot in this draft though. However, we have a mock draft going on and I do not speak names of guys not drafted there yet ;D

Gort
03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
LOL...The Wire.

Bodymore, Murderland.

i have alot of affection for the place, but don't miss it at all. of course i grew up in the suburbs far away from that inner city warzone.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Mann-lover.

I was a Peyton fan not an Indy fan..

Gort
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Mann-lover.

the official term is... Mannboners.

Mediator12
03-21-2012, 09:57 AM
the official term is... Mannboners.

Really?

Someone actually wants to talk football and has a few good takes for an outsider and the best you all can do is Start Hate labeling them right away :notworthy

Sorry, I thought this was a Broncos Football Board. I forgot it's become the emotionally challenged reaction board ;D

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Chapman is recovering from an ACL and Meniscus tear and while he might be a Stud going forward has about zero chance of playing Football this fall. He did not get Surgery until AFTER the national Championship game. Played throught the season with NO ACL.

Thompson is a complete stud 4-3 NT IMHO. Not sure he can 2 gap without protection in a 3-4, but he could be a solid guy right away.

They still need a 3 tech and Bunkley can play either DT position and should get resigned.

Garay and Franklin would be nice additions at the right price. Lots of DT's worth a lot in this draft though. However, we have a mock draft going on and I do not speak names of guys not drafted there yet ;D

Chapman minus the injury is first round talent, I would draft him if he fell to the fourth. Thompson can play a 0 tech role..

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 09:59 AM
We have a moratorium on the DT position here in Denver. Please, try not to mention that position again.

Kid A
http://kfmb.images.worldnow.com/images/17204206_SA.jpg

All in the game, yo. All in the game.

Gort
Really?

Someone actually wants to talk football and has a few good takes for an outsider and the best you all can do is Start Hate labeling them right away :notworthy

Sorry, I thought this was a Broncos Football Board. I forgot it's become the emotionally challenged reaction board ;D

ummm.... it's called humor. it's a noun. look it up. it's in the dictionary.

oh yeah... seriously? "hate labeling"?? stop being a dumbass.

bronco militia
03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Welcome. I've seen The Wire so I know where you're from. I've also seen Peyton Manning play once. We are now best friends.

LOL

The Joker
03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm thinking people are just hazing the new guy, if anyone is really giving him a hard time then they need to grow up though.

Welcome aboard anyway, mann.

uplink
03-21-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't think they will be able to draft a DT who is any better than the average FA over the short term (1-2 years). Although I would draft a DT myself for the future, but the team is in win now mode. I think they may pick a CB or RB (L. Miller) who they feel can start from day one. There are four 1st round grade CBs and I think the broncos are likely to pick one of them (Gilmore -- less off the field issues). They already have young WRs, so getting a vet WR makes more sense than drafting one in the 1st round. Gilmore compares closest to NFL player Chris Gamble, who Fox picked 28th overall in 2004.

Eldorado
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Really?

This. I've noticed a distinct difference in the posting of the two 'new' bronco fan camps.

Tebowners: Spiteful, black helicopter finding, tin-foil hat wearing, anti-gravitic posting fruit bat loon.

Manningites: Polite, insightful posts inquiring into how the team is built with good football talk.

Taco John
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
I personally believe we're going to be investing heavily in defense with our draft this year. I haven't studied Del Rio's defensive rosters yet, but I always like the idea of getting big guys in the middle to take up space. The problem that I have with them, however, is that in the 4th quarter, those big boys are gassed, and this can produce losses. The more athletic DTs have this problem less.

Jetmeck
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
give the guy a break...............some of you act 15 for christ sake ....

bronco militia
03-21-2012, 10:05 AM
give the guy a break...............some of you act 15 for christ sake ....

the last 6 years of Broncos football has been brutal. Give us a break.

;D

Mediator12
03-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Chapman minus the injury is first round talent, I would draft him if he fell to the fourth. Thompson can play a 0 tech role..

Chapman does have the injury and he will not be medically cleared by the draft at all. Big Risk, but possibly worth it.

Thompson had a lot of Help at Clemson. They usually have a Solid DL. I really like him, but not sure he can pure two gap. His best skill is movement and Power versus anchor and stay low. That being said, we still play a 4-3 And I would LOVE to have him.

The other guy I would like is Mike Martin from Michigan. His best football is ahead of him and he can maul Double teams on the move as well. Big Fan and he is moving up a lot of Boards as we speak.

Kendall Reyes is another guy, but would take longer to Impact than Thompson or Martin IMHO. He has a ton of Talent to play both DT spots in the 4-3 and could even play LDE in the run base.

ghwk
03-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Really?

We have apparently been scarred by the MacGruder Teboners. There is baggage to let go of.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 10:07 AM
In all seriousness, Bmore, I think the Broncos are perfectly positioned at 25 to get a good DT, if not a great one. To let you in on the inside joke, for years many of us have been screaming on draft day for the team to go after a great DT. Maybe now, with Fox, our prayers will finally be answered. I agree with you, it starts with the lines.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Really?

Yep, its Galt's crusade to equate a Peyton Manning fan with a crazy Tebow fan.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Also, i dont know nearly as much football as Med, but can we get a DT that, at least, has a history of collapsing a pocket? Seems like we haven't had one since Trevor Pryce.

Mediator12
ummm.... it's called humor. it's a noun. look it up. it's in the dictionary.

oh yeah... seriously? "hate labeling"?? stop being a dumbass.

Yeah, it is humor that's why I used smilies ;D

However, your post was not so humorous. The first thing you do to a new guy is Label him. WHY? Because it makes YOU feel better?

At least he is talking football and Not about how things may or may have not gone on behind the scenes.

Eldorado
I personally believe we're going to be investing heavily in defense with our draft this year. I haven't studied Del Rio's defensive rosters yet, but I always like the idea of getting big guys in the middle to take up space. The problem that I have with them, however, is that in the 4th quarter, those big boys are gassed, and this can produce losses. The more athletic DTs have this problem less.

This is actually going to be really interesting to watch play out. Fox likes the run game specifically for this, to keep the D fresh. However, Manning likes to run the no huddle which cuts resting time for the D.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Two big bodied Nose Tackles will allow Dumervill and Miller to pin their ears back and hunt! Ayers will improve, and the often lost appearing Mays should easily be able to shoot the gap of the ball carrier.

55CrushEm
You are not welcome here!! You can't cheer for a single player and not the team!!

You will immediately be labeled a: [insert player name]-"bowner", or a [insert player name]-"ite".

To hell with you!!!! BE GONE!!!

;D

BroncoBeavis
This. I've noticed a distinct difference in the posting of the two 'new' bronco fan camps.

Tebowners: Spiteful, black helicopter finding, tin-foil hat wearing, anti-gravitic posting fruit bat loon.

Manningites: Polite, insightful posts inquiring into how the team is built with good football talk.

Guessing the reaction has more to do with how much of a jackass you are to newcomers.

If someone came on the OM in the last year or so as a "fan of Tebow" and talked about how they'd be "cheering for Tebow's success" I'd give an over/under of 30 seconds before the phrases Nuthugger and GTFO were unleashed.

In other words, what you give is what you get.

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM

ok. i've noticed that...

people who agree with me: smart, funny, witty, attractive, life's winners.
people who disagree with me: dumb, lame, mentally challenged, ugly, life's losers.

do you see what i did there?

i'd facepalm you, but i imagine you see people faceplaming in your direction all day long.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
This is actually going to be really interesting to watch play out. Fox likes the run game specifically for this, to keep the D fresh. However, Manning likes to run the no huddle which cuts resting time for the D.

From what they all said at the presser, they already talked a lot of football before Manning signed the contract. And Manning said he intends to have faith in the coaches and follow their plan. I think everyone assumes that we'll just be Indy-West, and we may be, but I'll bet there will also be some Fox variations. I would also imagine that Elway told Manning how great it was to be a 36+ year old QB with a good running attack.

Lycan
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Bah, you guys just want to look fancy for the new guy. Don't hide what's inside.

Let your a##hole flag fly.

Now, on a football related note, where are we on Dontari Poe?

Workout warrior or potential monster? Both?

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Two big bodied Nose Tackles will allow Dumervill and Miller to pin their ears back and hunt! Ayers will improve, and the often lost appearing Mays should easily be able to shoot the gap of the ball carrier.

don't take anything personally. this is a rough place, currently bickering over the latest chapter in our never-ending QB controversy.

the Broncos have a few holes to fill on defense, but we are also badly lacking depth. if Von Miller or Elvis gets hurt, the entire defense takes a major step backward.

Eldorado
03-21-2012, 10:17 AM
From what they all said at the presser, they already talked a lot of football before Manning signed the contract. And Manning said he intends to have faith in the coaches and follow their plan. I think everyone assumes that we'll just be Indy-West, and we may be, but I'll bet there will also be some Fox variations. I would also imagine that Elway told Manning how great it was to be a 36+ year old QB with a good running attack.

I hope so. I really enjoyed the game plans last year (minus the conservative play call on O, but I assume that will change with manning). Really excited to see how this D does with a lead.

ColoradoDarin
03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Two big bodied Nose Tackles will allow Dumervill and Miller to pin their ears back and hunt! Ayers will improve, and the often lost appearing Mays should easily be able to shoot the gap and whiff most of the time and every once in a while completely destroy the ball carrier on accident.

Fixed for Mays' effectiveness

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Bah, you guys just want to look fancy for the new guy. Don't hide what's inside.

Let your a##hole flag fly.

Now, on a football related note, where are we on Dontari Poe?

Workout warrior or potential monster? Both?

Gone by 25 :)

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah, it is humor that's why I used smilies ;D

However, your post was not so humorous. The first thing you do to a new guy is Label him. WHY? Because it makes YOU feel better?

At least he is talking football and Not about how things may or may have not gone on behind the scenes.

well, all i did was correct a previous post where somebody brought out the Mannlovers label. go yell at that guy. or yell at people who called Tebow fans Teboners for the past 2 years.

cmhargrove
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
If you're looking for a solid two-gap NT, my money would be on Alameda Ta'amu in the second round (although I think he's gone before our pick). He has all the tools to be a really solid two-gapper and is certainly as good, if not better, than any other DT (not named Bunkley) we currently have on the roster.

My choice would actually be to leave Bunkley as our "two gap" anchor, and pick up Devon Still, which I think could be a dominant player (run + pass rush). If you want to hedge your bets, get them both in rounds 1-2.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Bodymore, Murderland.

i have alot of affection for the place, but don't miss it at all. of course i grew up in the suburbs far away from that inner city warzone.

It's the first place I ever went to where someone stuck a gun in my face after an O's game.

Taco John
03-21-2012, 10:26 AM
By the way - welcome new guy. If you haven't noticed by now, we have... issues. lol

Mediator12
03-21-2012, 10:26 AM
well, all i did was correct a previous post where somebody brought out the Mannlovers label. go yell at that guy. or yell at people who called Tebow fans Teboners for the past 2 years.

Point taken. I am just tired of fighting emotional battles and was excited to actually see someone talk football again.

I also hate labels. I am a hell of a lot more complex than that :wiggle:

Beantown Bronco
03-21-2012, 10:30 AM

I wouldn't worry about the no-huddle. A no-huddle drive with 2 or more first downs burns more clock and rests the defense more than a 3 and out in a conventional offense......which is what happened all too much last year.

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:30 AM
It's the first place I ever went to where someone stuck a gun in my face after an O's game.

were you wearing a Red Sox cap?

;)

bronco militia
03-21-2012, 10:33 AM

you probably had it coming

;D

Kaylore
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Hi! And welcome.

This is the least moderated board on the internets. The owner is a Ron Paul fan, so that should tell you how he feels about regulating things.

As a result, we're a bit chippy, but many of us don't give this place another thought when we log off and aren't trying to be mean or insensitive. If you say something that people find stupid, they will probably tell you. If you stick to your guns you will take some abuse but people will respect you and ultimately you'll fit in.

Also, for your own sanity there is an ignore feature. Please put the following people on ignore:

BigBad
Bob's your Information Minister
Boomhauer
Broncbow
CasinoRoyal
ClamChowdah <---Patriots homer
ColtSteel25
Fear The Priest
freak6
GonzoLays
Iowanian
jhns
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
lex
mattbeymvp
Rivers Delivers
Surtain23
txtebow
usedupbraids
Wolffman

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi! And welcome.

This is the least moderated board on the internets. The owner is a Ron Paul fan, so that should tell you how he feels about regulating things.

As a result, we're a bit chippy, but many of us don't give this place another thought when we log off and aren't trying to be mean or insensitive. If you say something that people find stupid, they will probably tell you. If you stick to your guns you will take some abuse but people will respect you and ultimately you'll fit in.

Also, for your own sanity there is an ignore feature. Please put the following people on ignore:

BigBad
Bob's your Information Minister
Boomhauer
Broncbow
CasinoRoyal
ClamChowdah <---Patriots homer
ColtSteel25
Fear The Priest
freak6
GonzoLays
Iowanian
jhns
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
lex
mattbeymvp
Rivers Delivers
Surtain23
txtebow
usedupbraids
Wolffman

one addition if i may... DO NOT put TyrellJones on ignore. you will miss out on sheer brilliance if you do. and what i mean by sheer brilliance is actually epic failure by a Raiders troll who never gets anything right. alot of people think Tebow got us to the playoffs. he didn't. it was Tyrell and boob mojo. true story.

ColoradoDarin
03-21-2012, 10:42 AM
"If it's on the Mane, it's true."

Learn it, love it.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 10:43 AM
I am already not a fan of the Mays resigning. I would have preferred to see Hightower drafted at 25. Much of what Denver does in the draft will be dictated by FA moves. If Portet signs then I take a young corner like Asa Jackson from Cal polytech late. If Bunkley resigns then I take a DT in round two like Thompson. That means it probably won't be a two gap DT duo. I personally like Nigel Bradham for WLB, he would be available in the 3-4 range.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 10:47 AM
I am already not a fan of the Mays resigning. I would have preferred to see Hightower drafted at 25. Much of what Denver does in the draft will be dictated by FA moves. If Portet signs then I take a young corner like Asa Jackson from Cal polytech late. If Bunkley resigns then I take a DT in round two like Thompson. That means it probably won't be a two gap DT duo. I personally like Nigel Bradham for WLB, he would be available in the 3-4 range.

I wanted your hometown guy McClain. With DJs possible suspension they will need LB help wether its middle or outside.

Pony Boy
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
By the way - welcome new guy. If you haven't noticed by now, we have... issues. lol

Yes Welcome just don't say "Who is this Taco John and why are we believing him"??

Broncos_OTM
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM

Denver ran assorted fronts last year. He anchored well, which was his primary job. Then had a huge end of the season when asked to rush. Despite miller being a great pass rusher you have to give Ayers some credit in being able to do so

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I thought I did give Ayers credit, saying he will improve with one on one matchups.. I would have preferred Grant from the 49ers as the Denver Mike! He would have came for half the cost and has tremendous upside. When Willis was out he filled in and looked very similar!

Broncos_OTM
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I had a long response.my phone. Deleted Hightower is a horrible for for a fox run defense. We have two gap eating tackles if warren is healthy and we resign bunk. We need pocket collapse from the inside. We already have our edge presence

Broncos_OTM
03-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I thought I did give Ayers credit, saying he will improve with one on one matchups.. I would have preferred Grant from the 49ers as the Denver Mike! He would have came for half the cost and has tremendous upside. When Willis was out he filled in and looked very similar!

No Ayers is already good at what he was asked to do. He will never be a sack guy. That's just not his game

EDIT. I am Leary of Amy backup who plays on a star filled defense like San fran. Our defense is getting better. Color me concerned he could have played that well on our D

Slightly Soiled
03-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I was a Peyton fan not an Indy fan..

I realize that. Ask Tebow fans how that worked out.

Slightly Soiled
03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Really?

Sarcasm?

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Tebow and Peyton aren't on the same planet from a talent perspective. I think you should be happy Peyton is here and worry about winning, then get uptight about new fans joining and wanting to share thoughts. This is an open forum after all.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 11:16 AM
No Ayers is already good at what he was asked to do. He will never be a sack guy. That's just not his game

EDIT. I am Leary of Amy backup who plays on a star filled defense like San fran. Our defense is getting better. Color me concerned he could have played that well on our D

Hightower would fit in a Del Rio style scheme. Have you ever watched Jon Beason from Carolina, Foxy loves LBers as does Del Rio. Big physical freak athletic LBers!

strafen
03-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Really?

There are too many morons here, dude.
The smart posters are very few here...

Pony Boy
03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
I take a young corner like Asa Jackson from Cal polytech late.

McDman
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM

Also, who in the draft do you see fitting in the two gap NT role? Plenty of talent there.

Bodymore, Muderland.

Slightly Soiled
03-21-2012, 11:31 AM

Thanks for throwing me under the bus!! jk

My point was sarcasm. To highlight how differently someone that admits that they are a Manning fan first(which by the way I am OK with just as I like the Tebowners or ites as well.) vs a Tebow fan are treated.

But I am a Broncos fan and believe the infighting in this "family" is great way to laugh when I need a pickmeup during the day. If people would lighten up a little bit it would be much more fun.

Not like the Jerk who neg repped me wishing I would get aids and die.

Gort
03-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks for throwing me under the bus!! jk

My point was sarcasm. To highlight how differently someone that admits that they are a Manning fan first(which by the way I am OK with just as I like the Tebowners or ites as well.) vs a Tebow fan are treated.

But I am a Broncos fan and believe the infighting in this "family" is great way to laugh when I need a pickmeup during the day. If people would lighten up a little bit it would be much more fun.

Not like the Jerk who neg repped me wishing I would get aids and die.

it wasn't me. it was my evil twin.

also, be glad he didn't wish cobra aids on you. that's aids + a snake. way worse than regular aids.

Slightly Soiled
03-21-2012, 11:39 AM
it wasn't me. it was my evil twin.

also, be glad he didn't wish cobra aids on you. that's aids + a snake. way worse than regular aids.

Not even close to anything as bad as has been cursed on Sanchez with this trade. Epic.

Broncos_OTM
03-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Hightower would fit in a Del Rio style scheme. Have you ever watched Jon Beason from Carolina, Foxy loves LBers as does Del Rio. Big physical freak athletic LBers!

I don't know JDL Defenses but i will say Joe beason is 6 foot and230 somethkg lbs. And ran a low 4.6. Hightower ran a 4.74 and is considerably bigger. And fits the 3-4 defense. I think he has no place in a 4-3. We can disagree but well not know. Until he gets to the pros. Mark me down as Hightower won't get drafted to a 43 defense and if vendors he will not be very good. Mark me down as he will go to a 3-4 team. I think this team had tobre-sign Mays with the DJ suspension I look for nate Irving to play that role while DJ is out possibly wood yard. Denver just invested a fairly big salary on Mays and with nate having strong potential I think MLB is going to be low priority. Look for a DT or a CB to be drafted higher the.n mlb

Requiem
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Chapman does have the injury and he will not be medically cleared by the draft at all. Big Risk, but possibly worth it.

Thompson had a lot of Help at Clemson. They usually have a Solid DL. I really like him, but not sure he can pure two gap. His best skill is movement and Power versus anchor and stay low. That being said, we still play a 4-3 And I would LOVE to have him.

The other guy I would like is Mike Martin from Michigan. His best football is ahead of him and he can maul Double teams on the move as well. Big Fan and he is moving up a lot of Boards as we speak.

Kendall Reyes is another guy, but would take longer to Impact than Thompson or Martin IMHO. He has a ton of Talent to play both DT spots in the 4-3 and could even play LDE in the run base.

Lets hope they don't turn out like Troup did for you. :D

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Agreed MLB will be a low priority, and that Hightower fits a 3-4 scheme. But Del Rio has almost a 2 gap 4-3, mays just lacks the intangibles and instincts a good MLB need!

bombay
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM

Hey, you've watched the Broncos.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey, you've watched the Broncos.

Huge NFL fan :)

Old Dude
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Agreed MLB will be a low priority, and that Hightower fits a 3-4 scheme. But Del Rio has almost a 2 gap 4-3, mays just lacks the intangibles and instincts a good MLB need!

I think speed is a big issue for Mays.

Whether we go 1-gap or 2-gap DTs, one of the problems we've had for awhile is mobility and tackling by the second tier of the defense. Obviously, Denver has two excellent edge rushers (Doom and Von Miller). But when they line up an extra step to the outside to get the most acute angle, it leaves a gap on the outside of the DTs that our SS and LBs have to fill.

When Dawkins was healthy, he made some big plays in this role. But he's probably gone. No one else has really stepped up and this is an area where Mays has really been burned.

The Colts actually had a similar problem, as I recall. That defense was about 10 times more effective when Sanders was healthy.

Maybe bigger DTs could better protect the second tier of tacklers, but the second tier still has to make the tackles - and we've misssed a lot of those in the last couple of years.

Broncos_OTM
03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
I think speed is a big issue for Mays.

Whether we go 1-gap or 2-gap DTs, one of the problems we've had for awhile is mobility and tackling by the second tier of the defense. Obviously, Denver has two excellent edge rushers (Doom and Von Miller). But when they line up an extra step to the outside to get the most acute angle, it leaves a gap on the outside of the DTs that our SS and LBs have to fill.

When Dawkins was healthy, he made some big plays in this role. But he's probably gone. No one else has really stepped up and this is an area where Mays has really been burned.

The Colts actually had a similar problem, as I recall. That defense was about 10 times more effective when Sanders was healthy.
I
Maybe bigger DTs could better protect the second tier of tacklers, but the second tier still has to make the tackles - and we've misssed a lot of those in the last couple of years.
Good accurate post

broncosteven
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Personally I hope the FO has a plan for DT and they can execute it.

I would mine the 3-5th rounds for solid DL rotational guys that Del Rio likes. I don't like the BPA drafting, target guys you like and go after them, with a backup plan of course.

We need a couple guys inside that can free up Von Doom, we don't need 1st round studs who get 5 sacks a year, though that is a plus. Just take on blockers, disrupt the pocket as best they can and play the run.

I love what the Giants have built picking DL players in the mid rounds.

Beantown Bronco
03-21-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't like the BPA drafting, target guys you like and go after them

McD? Is that you?

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2012, 02:10 PM
were you wearing a Red Sox cap?

;)

No...

So we leave Camden to go to the Baja Beach Club. This black dude thought we were talking about his mom and put a gun in our face. We wren't even talking to him and he was 20 feet away before he walked up to us.

bombay
03-21-2012, 02:12 PM
What happened to the guy, who's name is escaping me, who they hired to play DT last season but was out with an injury last year? Warren?

gunns
03-21-2012, 02:19 PM

Love the Thompson pick. Don't know anything about Chapman.

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Love the Thompson pick. Don't know anything about Chapman.

Chapman is the NT from Alabama who played some of the season with a torn ACL! STUD!

Bmore Manning
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
But he didn't just go on IR, he finished the season and played the Championship Bowl game with the injury!

broncosteven
03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
McD? Is that you?

Spittake!

Mediator12
03-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Lets hope they don't turn out like Troup did for you. :D

Troup? I never drafted Troup. You have me confused with brncsfan.

I wanted Jarvis Jenkins and did Draft Dorrell Scott DT's from Clemson. In 2010, when Troup came out I drafted Tyson Alualu at DT! That was the best pick in that Mock!

OBF1
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Like I said.... Tebowners gone, Manning lovers will take over. You all got what you asked for. This is only the beginning.

Welcome to the boards, Please do not mention DT or Ghost busters ever again.

Anikai
03-21-2012, 08:55 PM
We can't talk about DTs, one killed Pat Bowlen's parents (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98009) and he doesn't want any good ones on the team anymore.

Ha!Ha!That was the greatest thread ive ever seen. Its the reason Al Gore intvented the internet.

baja
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Well I think this thread is a sign is a sign of the future. Things are going to get back to the way they were before the crazy years post firing of Shanny.

Good thread sure I'll learn something about the coming draft.

Welcome aboard Manning guy.