PDA

View Full Version : Tamme

tsiguy96
03-20-2012, 08:16 PM
visiting denver tomorrow. hope he signs, HUGE upgrade in the TE passing game.

per @jasonlaconfora
Team Manning, Activate: Ex-Colt TE Jacob Tamme left SEA w/o a deal, headed to Denver for a visit. Jeff Saturday scheduled for DEN on Fri

Ranger 21
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
would be happy with Tamme just don't really want this to turn Denver ino Indy West. We have a good base core group that should grow nicely together we don't need to overload it with ex-colts that are aged and lost a step.

cousinal11
03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Nice! I like it!

Dukes
03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
So who's a better option? Tamme or Clark at this point?

cousinal11
03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
We have a good base core group that should grow nicely together we don't need to overload it with ex-colts that are aged and lost a step.

We have almost nothing at tight end and it's crucial for us to have reliable hands at tight end for Peyton.

cousinal11
03-20-2012, 08:21 PM
So who's a better option? Tamme or Clark at this point?

If cheap, we could use them both.

Ratboy
03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
This is awesome.

Surround Manning with familiar players. The possibility of Clark and Tamme with Julius Thomas, should be fun.

DBroncos4life
03-20-2012, 08:25 PM
I called this weeks ago.

ClamChowdah
03-20-2012, 08:26 PM
This is awesome.

Surround Manning with familiar players. The possibility of Clark and Tamme with Julius Thomas, should be fun.

Sounds like a very very poor version of Gronk and Hernandez.

Patriots setting trends as usual, rest of the league 2 seasons behind the 8 ball.

DENVERDUI55
Tamme is younger than Clark. I'd like to add them both.

Gcver2ver3
i'd be surprised if tamme left denver without a contract...

i would like to see us get him, and Saturday the most...

then after that, i'd take clark as well....

zdoor
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd be down with Tamme

Dedhed
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM
You almost have to get guys who have been with him before. The window is small, and it's a steep learning curve to get anywhere near the same level of understanding as Manning.

extralife
03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
someone tell me something about Tamme. I know nothing about him.

Drunken.Broncoholic

Patriots setting trends as usual, rest of the league 2 seasons behind the 8 ball.

McDamit was a couple seasons behind the pats video cheating.

broncswin

Once again..fook off ya smelly clam

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-20-2012, 08:33 PM

Drafted by colts in the 4th. Backed up Dallas Clark. Not much playing time until 2010. Clark got hurt and tamme was starting tight end. Ended the season with good numbers. Like 60 plus receptions. 2011 season only 19 receptions

Br0nc0Buster
03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Tamme and Saturday would be quality additions

Tamme is nothing special, but he knows Peyton and would add a veteran presence to you youthful TE core

Saturday would be a big upgrade over Walton, and like Tamme, would work well with Peyton

Pass on Clark and Addai

But Tamme and Saturday sound A ok

TonyR
03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
67-631 with Manning in 2010.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 08:42 PM
would be happy with Tamme just don't really want this to turn Denver ino Indy West. We have a good base core group that should grow nicely together we don't need to overload it with ex-colts that are aged and lost a step.

Yeah but we have a young center, a vet like Saturday makes sense to help the oline and our young center learn the new system.

We have young TE, so Clark and Tamme make sense also.

Really even Addai makes sense because he plays well on 3rd down. Lots of vet minimum offers that do not set any young players on the team back.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
If Addai will sign for the vet min, i dont see why Broncos would pass. Moreno gets injured and Addai is a great blocker on 3rd downs.

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
If Addai will sign for the vet min, i dont see why Broncos would pass. Moreno gets injured and Addai is a great blocker on 3rd downs.

Take addai and cut moreno losses. He is a great 3 down back.

Dedhed
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Tamme is a moderate talent at best. Manning made him the success he was in 2010, just like with Garcon.

With that said, PEYTON MANNING IS OUR QB!!

Dedhed
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Take addai and cut moreno losses. He is a great 3 down back.

Screw both of them, draft Wilson.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Screw both of them, draft Wilson.

My point is more that having 3-4 old colts around will hasten the transition. Hell some of them might not make team, in the meantime maybe Clark teaches our TE how he reads a safety and knows what route to run. Maybe Addai teaches the new rookie RB you want the nuances of picking up a blitz. Broncos young in a lot of spots on the oline. A guy like Saturday can teach them alot and probably still be better then Walton.

OBF1
03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
67-631 with Manning in 2010.

Thats like 3 years worth of catches from our TE's combined. :wiggle:

OBF1
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
My point is more that having 3-4 old colts around will hasten the transition. Hell some of them might not make team, in the meantime maybe Clark teaches our TE how he reads a safety and knows what route to run. Maybe Addai teaches the new rookie RB you want the nuances of picking up a blitz. Broncos young in a lot of spots on the oline. A guy like Saturday can teach them alot and probably still be better then Walton.

You............ Mister, You must stop making sense here, this is the orangemane after all.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
You............ Mister, You must stop making sense here, this is the orangemane after all.

I think it was Mannings presser. He's so good it has made me a better poster. Suddenly i don't feel like being an immature ahole instigator and just want to talk football. What the hell is going on. :spit:

Broncoman13
03-20-2012, 09:07 PM

This! Even if they don't make the team, the more players that know and understand Manning the better. And its worth taking a few players that are or were injured. Injured players can rehab (read practice) at the team facility... Just can't do it with coaches, has to be trainers. Fortunately an injured Manning can teach/coach plenty!

Dedhed
03-20-2012, 09:12 PM
I already said that.

ayjackson
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Saturday`s not visiting until Friday. Sounds like it might be another episode of Weekend At Stokely`s. Wonder if Stoke`s wife will scout out a park for Brandon and Jeff to take some snaps.

Rother8
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM

Wrong. Fact of the matter is it's a case of familiarity. If Clark and Tamme weren't once teammates with PM, they're not here.
And the very very poor version was in Indy before the Patriots copied that idea clearly knowing it would set a trend and they would forever be known as the coolest and most innovative team ever.

If the Pats were really good at trend setting, kickers would be getting drafted in the first round by now don't you think..

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I think Tamme long snaps too? Another reason to get him.

Broncobiv
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM

He was really solid in fantasy football 2 years ago when Clark went down. Then again, most Manning receivers are...

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 10:59 PM
I would love to see as many ex-colts that can still play at high level come on over.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM

Tanne is not old..was injured some last year. Clark is old and not as effective. Since we lost Fells and Rosario we NEED a TE, maybe 2.

Chris
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Tammay Tammay Tammay

Tammay has solid hand but he cannay black annay badday.

jutang
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Tammay and Clark would be improvements over Fells and Rosario. It would also give the Broncos and insurance policy if Thomas doesn't become Wesley Duke II.

I don't know how well they block, but it's not if Fells and Rosario were stellar blockers either.

Ranger 21
03-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Tanne is not old..was injured some last year. Clark is old and not as effective. Since we lost Fells and Rosario we NEED a TE, maybe 2.

I was aware Tamme was a younger player I was referring more to Clark and Saturday who in my eyes lost a step the past few years but I guess they still are improvements over what we currently have.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Just saw this blurb...

...it sounds like Colts TE Jacob Tamme has priced himself out of Denver's neighborhood...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-3-21-12

SportinOne
03-21-2012, 07:03 AM

You lost in the super bowl.

go **** yourself.

jerseyguy4
03-21-2012, 07:08 AM
I didn't think much of Tamme.
At times, Peyton made a lot of his less talented receivers and TE's look decent

HorseHead
03-21-2012, 07:25 AM
"Broncolts"....