PDA

View Full Version : This one is for you Pat!

baja
03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
This one is for you Pat.

There's been much criticism of Pat Bowlen around here and I've been one of his biggest critics.

I want to give a big time hats off the Mr. Bowlen. It took balls to step up and sign off on PM contract. I owe you an apology Pat and I and sorry I jumped to unfounded conclusions.

Anyone else feel like having some Pat Bowlen crow?

SportinOne
03-20-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm certainly grateful, but I think this was all Elway from start to finish. Yes, Pat said yes to spending the money. But what kind of fool would say no, granted the fact that doctors were giving him the okay? Yes, thanks Pat, for making the easiest decision you will ever have to make. You can go back to your liquor cabinet now.

Ranger 21
03-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I would say go buy yourself a new furcoat to celebrate but your 96 million lighter so make sure that Peytons first check clears first.

baja
03-20-2012, 07:14 PM
He's been accused of being cheap, this is not the act of a cheap man. He already had a big time money maker at QB for way less money A cheap owner would just have rode with Tebow.

RaiderH8r
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
This one is for you Pat.

There's been much criticism of Pat Bowlen around here and I've been one of his biggest critics.

I want to give a big time hats off the Mr. Bowlen. It took balls to step up and sign off on PM contract. I owe you an apology Pat and I and sorry I jumped to unfounded conclusions.

I only eat mine warm and smothered in Lombardi sauce.

Ratboy
03-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Elway Effect.

baja
03-20-2012, 07:19 PM
I only eat mine warm and smothered in Lombardi sauce.

He did step up when he easily could have said no we are set with Tebow and none of us would have been the wiser / BUT he didn't.

That doesn't speak to you?

Man-Goblin
03-20-2012, 07:20 PM
He looked a lot better today, too. I hope his health is in good order and he owns this team for a long time. This is ponying up some serious jack and taking a risk they really didn't have too. They could have ridden the Tebow train for a great while whether it produced wins or not, but they are swinging for the fences. I like it.

And as much as much as I disagreed with it at the time, it's starting to look like he knew what he was doing putting Elway in charge. Hopefully, in 10 years it will look as good as his hiring of Shanahan.

Denver724
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM
This one is for you Pat.

Agreed. I haven't been this excited in a long time. The season cant get here soon enough.

RaiderH8r
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
He did step up when he easily could have said no we are set with Tebow and none of us would have been the wiser / BUT he didn't.

That doesn't speak to you?

This is only a success when the Lombardi gets hoisted and not one second sooner.

baja
03-20-2012, 07:40 PM
This is only a success when the Lombardi gets hoisted and not one second sooner.

We're not talking success or failure on this thread. Read to OP if you haven't

Bowlen has been crucified here for being cheap. Today he showed he is committed to winning. This gesture should be a big deal to all of us.

baja
03-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm wondering what So Cal's comment will be

broncswin
03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Rock on pat...you ol' SOB

KevinJames
03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Pat Bowlen is an underappreciated NFL owner.

We are lucky to have him, compare him to many other NFL owners. Football comes first for Mr. Bowlen.

Bacchus
03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Pat does not look good. Maybe the Manning signing is an act of desperation on his part. Wants to get one more Super Bowl.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Pat does not look good. Maybe the Manning signing is an act of desperation on his part. Wants to get one more Super Bowl.

He looked better today than in past press conferences. Still he isn't what he was when he was sneaking into showers to hire coaches. Sad to see him aging like that.

bowtown
03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Pat thinks we just signed Dakota Fanning. He's a big fan of the Twilight movies.

BigPlayShay
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Pat has a message for Bud Adams:

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/centerpiece/homepage/2012/03-March/120320_manning2_cp.jpg

broncolife
03-20-2012, 09:43 PM
I think we should wait till the check clears :)

Los Broncos
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Signing Manning will cut down on Bowlens drinking.

Dont fear because Elway is here.

sazwaz
03-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Pat seemed surprised Peyton wanted to shake his hand after introducing him. He called Peyton up when it was John's turn to speak. Quotes today say he just said yes and he's not a talent evaluator. Dude may not be "cheap" but he's an awful public speaker and seems once bitten twice shy of a retarded sloth. Go Broncos!

theAPAOps5
03-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Pat has a message for Bud Adams:

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/centerpiece/homepage/2012/03-March/120320_manning2_cp.jpg

That picture with you quote is awesome!

baja
03-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Pat seemed surprised Peyton wanted to shake his hand after introducing him. He called Peyton up when it was John's turn to speak. Quotes today say he just said yes and he's not a talent evaluator. Dude may not be "cheap" but he's an awful public speaker and seems once bitten twice shy of a retarded sloth. Go Broncos!

Not saying he doesn't have issues related to age just giving credit where credit is due.

cabronco
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
I thought Pat Bowlen looked and talked a little better than the last pressor I saw him at. I think it was McDemolition's press conference? We could have worse thats for sure, owners unwilling to spend money like the cheaps, chuggers, and others. Big props to PB & hope is health is getting better!

BigPlayShay
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
That picture with you quote is awesome!

Glad someone else picked up on the non verbal communication Ha!

broncolife
03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Man, Mannings head is huge. Are we sure he isnt an alien?

Pontius Pirate
03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Note to Elway & Bowlen: stock up on as much stem cell juice as you can.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5EmVrdDe9Gs/ScboIJge3mI/AAAAAAAABxw/W5IfpMeMEjM/s400/Christopher+Reeve+South+Park.jpg

Vegas_Bronco
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
ahaaaaa!

http://www.drewlitton.com/

SoCalBronco
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
This one is for you Pat.

No, because he hasn't done much to warrant it. You fall into the trap of pointing to any big signing when the overall numbers still suck. We gave good deals to Doom and Kuper a couple years back, but the overall spending was still terrible. Even with Mannings 24m salary, we are STILL somewhere around 20m under. It's been that way for 12 years.

The key thing for me is whether he'll build on that, i.e. whether we will see a string of substantial investments in offensive and defensive players to surround the QB with a viable team, cause there are holes all over and no, the draft can't solve everything, or even most of the issues. Much more investment is required. Let's see if its done.

baja
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
No, because he hasn't done much to warrant it. You fall into the trap of pointing to any big signing when the overall numbers still suck. We gave good deals to Doom and Kuper a couple years back, but the overall spending was still terrible. Even with Mannings 24m salary, we are STILL somewhere around 20m under. It's been that way for 12 years.

The key thing for me is whether he'll build on that, i.e. whether we will see a string of substantial investments in offensive and defensive players to surround the QB with a viable team, cause there are holes all over and no, the draft can't solve everything, or even most of the issues. Much more investment is required. Let's see if its done.

Always figured you for a guy to give credit where credit was due.

If he was the cheap frier you claim he could have easily said no to Manning and rode the money train that is Tim Tebow.

SoCalBronco
03-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Always figured you for a guy to give credit where credit was due.

If he was the cheap frier you claim he could have easily said no to Manning and rode the money train that is Tim Tebow.

I'm willing to give him credit if he keeps adding pieces to support his new QB. Adding one stud QB to a roster of crap isn't going to take us placese, you've got to make the investments all around. If they keep adding important pieces and spending money, I'll be happy to give him credit for finally doing something different than what we've seen for a decade straight.