PDA

View Full Version : NY Jets interested in Tebow

Gort
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/reports-jets-now-very-much-in-the-tebow-derby/

swaiy
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Your facepalm avatar matches perfectly with the topic title. They were bitter and talked all sorts of trash about Tebow last year and now this? LOL

schaaf
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/reports-jets-now-very-much-in-the-tebow-derby/

Rex probably likes him after he beat them last year, I'll go ahead and say if he goes to the jets, tebowmania will have such an effect on Sanchez' weak mind that Tim will be starting by week 8

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 04:42 PM
I just heard on ESPN Chicago that the Jets have no interest at all in Tebow.

MVP-06
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Rex curses, Tebow prays. Makes sense, lol

txtebow
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
It would be nice to see TEEBs displace that overrated statutory rapist.....

http://www.celebridoodle.com/celebridoodle/2011/02/mark-sanchez-hooked-up-with-underage-girl.html

teknic
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM

http://www.celebridoodle.com/celebridoodle/2011/02/mark-sanchez-hooked-up-with-underage-girl.html

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/75XKGVwGEt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM

Did you read that article?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
They did but not now. They think they are set at TE.

DomCasual
03-20-2012, 05:21 PM
It's crazy to me that we're willing to trade him for a 5th or 6th round pick. For that, I would keep him around, and get creative with how he's used in the offense. Sure, he might prefer to go somewhere where he has a shot at being QB. But the reality is that those places aren't looking plentiful. If he's such a good guy, who is all about team (I have no reason to believe that he isn't), then sit him down, explain his role, and take him off the market. Trade him if someone blows you away with an offer of a 1st or 2nd round pick. Otherwise, keep him.

Bring him in in short yardage situations. Don't even take Manning off the field, if you don't want to. Just line Tebow up in the backfield, in the slot, etc. We've had problems with short yardage plays forever. At least last year, we mostly stopped worrying about that. That, by itself, seems like it's more valuable than a 5th or 6th round pick.

Use him like the Steelers used Kordell Stewart. Get value out of him, and work for a year or two to develop him as a QB. Sure, he will still have his groupies who clamor for him to play QB. Who cares? Peyton Manning doesn't strike me as having thin skin.

barryr
03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't see that as a good fit at all for Tebow.

teknic
03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
It's crazy to me that we're willing to trade him for a 5th or 6th round pick. For that, I would keep him around, and get creative with how he's used in the offense. Sure, he might prefer to go somewhere where he has a shot at being QB. But the reality is that those places aren't looking plentiful. If he's such a good guy, who is all about team (I have no reason to believe that he isn't), then sit him down, explain his role, and take him off the market. Trade him if someone blows you away with an offer of a 1st or 2nd round pick. Otherwise, keep him.

Bring him in in short yardage situations. Don't even take Manning off the field, if you don't want to. Just line Tebow up in the backfield, in the slot, etc. We've had problems with short yardage plays forever. At least last year, we mostly stopped worrying about that. That, by itself, seems like it's more valuable than a 5th or 6th round pick.

Use him like the Steelers used Kordell Stewart. Get value out of him, and work for a year or two to develop him as a QB. Sure, he will still have his groupies who clamor for him to play QB. Who cares? Peyton Manning doesn't strike me as having thin skin.

This is exactly how I feel about trading Tebow. I don't see much point in getting a 5th or 6th for the guy.

Tebow still has a lot of value in goal line packages. He's pretty much unstoppable within 10yds.

Los Broncos
03-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Sounds like someone doesn't like Timmy.

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
I just heard on ESPN Chicago that the Jets have no interest at all in Tebow.

And if there's someone you can trust to know what's going on in NY, it's ESPN Chicago.

baja
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
And if there's someone you can trust to know what's going on in NY, it's ESPN Chicago.

LOL

Ratboy
03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Hopefully more teams show interest. It means we'll get a better deal.

rmsanger
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
he just wants to bring teebs in to tickle his wife's feet...

Ratboy
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
From Incarcerated Bob:

8:41PMest:3/20/12:**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Two teams have made offers for Tim Tebow.. First offer is from the Cleveland Browns (Offering a 5th RD Pick this year) -- Next offer is from the NY Jets (Offering 6th rd Pick this year + Conditional pick in 2013 could be as high as a 4th)

Ratboy
03-20-2012, 06:03 PM
**** that. I rather keep him. No doubt in my mind some team will give us a 2nd.

Aftermath
03-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Hopefully more teams show interest. It means we'll get a better deal.

Oh really?

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
From Incarcerated Bob:

8:41PMest:3/20/12:**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Two teams have made offers for Tim Tebow.. First offer is from the Cleveland Browns (Offering a 5th RD Pick this year) -- Next offer is from the NY Jets (Offering 6th rd Pick this year + Conditional pick in 2013 could be as high as a 4th)

If this is true, I'm sure the Broncos would talk to Tebow about what team he would perfer.

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 06:18 PM
From Incarcerated Bob:

This proves ESPN Chicago was right, NY doesn't want him.

Carmelo15
03-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Incarcerated Bob:
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Two

teams have made offers for Tim Tebow.. First offer is from

the Cleveland Browns (Offering a 5th RD Pick this year) --

Next offer is from the NY Jets (Offering 6th rd Pick this year

+ Conditional pick in 2013 could be as high as a 4th)

DBroncos4life
03-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Incarcerated Bob:

Worthless. I really wish there was NFLE still, Tebow could really use it.

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM

It is more about the Gator fans chanting Tebow and renting out a billboard to demand Tebow be unleashed, a distraction, and irritating the locker room, than having Tebow actually be a teammate and roleplayer.

One of my friends said he likes Tebow but he wouldn't want him starting on his team. I thought it was a good take.

broncos-rock
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
He's not going anywhere for chump change! It will be a 2nd a 3rd or a player heard it on the light rail train.

Ranger 21
03-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Anything less than a 3rd I say we ask him to stay and learn under Peyton. Maybe he could become a success story out of the s*** story that was written my McDummy and his crew.

ClamChowdah
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Anything less than a 3rd I say we ask him to stay and learn under Peyton. Maybe he could become a success story out of the s*** story that was written my McDummy and his crew.

You mean the Belichick sabotage?

He was tired of losing to Denver so he sent Josh to burn your franchise to the ground.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDXVkVY4d9VA9GCo7c4rDzxRdCwS4sp ij9XxOYdWZ7WEVzsRiK

Yo Josh, remember when i told you to destroy the Broncos and take Tebow in the first round?

Jekyll15Hyde
03-20-2012, 07:28 PM

I like all this except for the part of him coming back to QB in a year or two. He will be wildly more successful if he stays in some slash type role for his career. He can occassionally throw the ball from it which just by having that threat is deadly

BroncsCheer
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM

Good post. Would read again.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Jets make sense. Sanchez not that great and they have a good defense.

broncswin
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
You mean the Belichick sabotage?

He was tired of losing to Denver so he sent Josh to burn your franchise to the ground.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDXVkVY4d9VA9GCo7c4rDzxRdCwS4sp ij9XxOYdWZ7WEVzsRiK

Yo Josh, remember when i told you to destroy the Broncos and take Tebow in the first round?

Is there any way you could start a couple threads on head to head matchups between individual players at the same position..really needing some boob mojo:egbgb:

Mk2
03-20-2012, 08:03 PM

Any chance you could call EFX and plead your case ? It would just make too much sense .

broncos-rock
03-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Tim Tebow - QB - Broncos
Two sources have confirmed to ESPN New York that the Jets' interest in Tim Tebow has "intensified."
The Jets have reportedly gone from "lurking on the periphery of the trade talks" to in the thick of them. A team source confirmed to ESPN New York the potential move would at least in part be an effort to heal the Jets' fractured locker room. "Bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," the source said. "It makes perfect sense." In reality, adding a polarizing personality like Tebow could serve to further divide Gang Green, and would certainly put even more pressure on embattled starter Mark Sanchez. A league source has also confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter the Dolphins are "not likely" to make a move for Tebow.
Related: Jets, Dolphins
Source: ESPN New York Mar 20 - 10:51 PM

wandlc
03-20-2012, 08:24 PM
in the presser Peyton said he would work with Tim and help him if he were to be kept on the roster?

Gcver2ver3
03-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Tim Tebow - QB - Broncos
Two sources have confirmed to ESPN New York that the Jets' interest in Tim Tebow has "intensified."
The Jets have reportedly gone from "lurking on the periphery of the trade talks" to in the thick of them. A team source confirmed to ESPN New York the potential move would at least in part be an effort to heal the Jets' fractured locker room. "Bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," the source said. "It makes perfect sense." In reality, adding a polarizing personality like Tebow could serve to further divide Gang Green, and would certainly put even more pressure on embattled starter Mark Sanchez. A league source has also confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter the Dolphins are "not likely" to make a move for Tebow.
Related: Jets, Dolphins
Source: ESPN New York Mar 20 - 10:51 PM

value continues to rise...

jets vs jags bidding war...

my money is on jax...

ClamChowdah
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Is there any way you could start a couple threads on head to head matchups between individual players at the same position..really needing some boob mojo:egbgb:

NFL playoffs

Broncos 10-18 Gronk

YOU GOT GRONKED.

bowtown
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM

It's more about not believing he is the future and wanting to be rid of the possibility of being stuck with no choice but start him again. If Peyton goes down this year or even next and Tebow is on the team, then we are back to the craziness and they are right back into the same place they were this year. Bringing Peyton in is huge, but it kills two birds with one stone. You get one of the GOATs and get rid of your headache without the PR nightmare and fan backlash all at the same time. They have to get rid of him now, it might be their only chance.

Problem is that other teams know that and the ones that are bidding for him now are doing it based on business the player brings, not on the talent. Teams aren't looking to bring in Tebow to win them games. So he's not going to go for a lot, unless two franchises get desperate enough about bobble head sales and we get a bidding war.

Gcver2ver3
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
jets board has some interesting takes...

one quotes incarcerated bob as saying... The Jets offer for Tebow is a 6th and a 2013 conditional pick which could be up to a 4th...

i dont know how credible that bob guy is but whatever....

other posters speculate that Jets may be looking to trade bart scott to us for tebow to get from under his contract...

another speculated tebow for Cro...

i doubt any of it is true, but still found the speculatuons interesting...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71372&page=23