PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow got a raw deal in Denver

BroncoBuff
03-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Like Tebow or don't like Tebow, doesn't matter - he was treated very poorly here. Let's recap:

- First, pre-draft with all the talk about changing his mechanics, throwing motion, gotta believe he'd be a low-pressure 3rd rounder, have some time to learn. But Josh reaches - trades up to draft him at 25. But that's okay, no pressure, Josh was his #1 booster, he believed in Tebow. Believed just enough to park the kid's butt. Tebow threw just ONE pass in the 12 games McDaniels was coach, compared to 80+ the last 4 post-Josh.

- Last off-season, March-April, Elway says something like "we're giving him thge ball," or "it's his job to lose," something to that effect. Strike ends, camp starts, and 2-3 days in he's demoted. Demoted in the most wishy-washy p.r. fiasco way possible. Sounded like he wasn't even kept in the loop.

- Then after Orton crumbles, Tebow delivers the win streak! On December 21, in the throes of Tebow-mania, Elway: "Tim Tebow's not going anywhere. I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy."

- Then Tebow delivers the Steelers miracle ... and Elway said just 23 days ago: "I was really happy with his progress. We’re hoping he’s going to be the guy for a long, long time.” Not just a "long" time, but a "long, long" time.

And now "long long" doesn't even merit backup status to Manning ... and the trade talk is a mere 5th rounder.

Like Tebow or not, he got screwed here.

gotfredson
03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Dumbass

RhymesayersDU
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
So he's no longer a virgin, heeeeeeyyyyooooooooo.

baja
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I am a big big fan of Tebow but when you get a shot at Manning and it costs only money it's hard to say no to that.

It's a game changer.

prunch
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Tim Tebow got to play QB in the NFL.
Tim Tebow got to play QB in 2 postseason games.
Tim Tebow got enough exposure to be a marketing brand up with Tiger Woods at his prime.
Tim Tebow will still get to play in the NFL.
Tim Tebow was paid millions of dollars.

Tim Tebow, and I love him to death, is gonna be ok. The terms by which you exist in the NFL are well known to all before entering.

I wish him the best but if this is the worst thing that ever happens to him, he is in for one hell of a life.

BroncoMan4ever
Like Tebow or don't like Tebow, doesn't matter - he was treated very poorly here. Let's recap:

- First, pre-draft with all the talk about changing his mechanics, throwing motion, gotta believe he'd be a low-pressure 3rd rounder, have some time to learn. But Josh reaches - trades up to draft him at 25. But that's okay, no pressure, Josh was his #1 booster, he believed in Tebow. Believed just enough to park the kid's butt. Tebow threw just ONE pass in the 12 games McDaniels was coach, compared to 80+ the last 4 post-Josh.

- Last off-season, March-April, Elway says something like "we're giving him thge ball," or "it's his job to lose," something to that effect. Strike ends, camp starts, and 2-3 days in he's demoted. Demoted in the most wishy-washy p.r. fiasco way possible. Sounded like he wasn't even kept in the loop.

- Then after Orton crumbles, Tebow delivers the win streak! On December 21, in the throes of Tebow-mania, Elway: "Tim Tebow's not going anywhere. I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy."

- Then Tebow delivers the Steelers miracle ... and Elway said just 23 days ago: "I was really happy with his progress. We’re hoping he’s going to be the guy for a long, long time.” Not just a "long" time, but a "long, long" time.

And now "long long" doesn't even merit backup status to Manning ... and the trade talk is a mere 5th rounder.

the Broncos paid him over 10 million. he can cry on his jesus shaped pillow for all i care.

it is a business, and business is best when you are winning championships and sadly a guy who can't complete 50% of his passes won't win championships.

Anikai
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2544073.jpg

g00fyfoot
03-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Tim will be fine. He doesn't need to be coddled. Life isn't fair. Get over it.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Tim Tebow got to play QB in the NFL.
Tim Tebow got to play QB in 2 postseason games.
Tim Tebow got enough exposure to be a marketing brand up with Tiger Woods at his prime.
Tim Tebow will still get to play in the NFL.
Tim Tebow was paid millions of dollars.

Tim Tebow, and I love him to death, is gonna be ok. The terms by which you exist in the NFL are well known to all before entering.

I wis him the best but if this is the worst thing that ever happens to him, he is in for one hell of a life.

ha yeah seriously

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Tebow's gonna say, true to form, that he thanks Jesus for the opportunity to play with such a great team as the Denver Broncos and that everything is in God's hands. God has a plan and that plan appears to not include the Denver Broncos. He's gonna walk the walk and not be a hypocrite. Why can't you?

DomCasual
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
If the NFL was fair, then I would agree. But if I had a nickel for every guy in the NFL who had ever gotten a raw deal, then I would have a lot of nickles.

He's a good guy. I can't begin to understand why he seems to bring out the worst in some of his fans. But he deserves a great life. And I would bet that he'll get it.

Truly, in an ideal world, I'd love it if he stayed here for the next 2-3 years, and was groomed, a la Steve Young. But I don't think he wants that.

BroncoBuff
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm not a Tebow guy, never thought he had an NFL skill set. But still ... just statin' the facts here.

And baja, I agree on Manning. But now Tebow's not even a backup?! And we're peddling him for a 5th rounder?!?!?

How soon we forget .......

John should be somewhat embarrassed.

baja
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm not a Tebow guy, never thought he had an NFL skill set. But still ... just statin' the facts here.

And baja, I agree on Manning. But now Tebow's not even a backup?! And we're peddling him for a 5th rounder?!?!?

That's not confirmed. He could very well be our backup.

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
*Sigh*... again with this thread.. its been played out.

BroncoBuff
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Your GM says you're gonna be the guy for "a long, long time," then starts shopping you for a 5th rounder 2 frickin' weeks later?

And that's okay with everybody? Really?! ???

Greatspirits
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I've been one of the biggest Tebow supporters out there but its the big leagues and the bottom line is winning Super Bowls. He's a big boy and he'll move on, I don't feel he got shafted in any way, he just wasn't what EFX was looking for in a QB

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Your GM says you're gonna be the guy for "a long, long time," then starts shopping you for a 5th rounder 2 frickin' weeks later?

You forgot to insert the minor detail of the Manning signing between "starter" and "shopping." Sort of a game changer, don't you think?

Jekyll15Hyde
03-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Tebow's gonna say, true to form, that he thanks Jesus for the opportunity to play with such a great team as the Denver Broncos and that everything is in God's hands. God has a plan and that plan appears to not include the Denver Broncos. He's gonna walk the walk and not be a hypocrite. Why can't you?

of course he wont question why god told him something different the last time. :welcome:

Mountain Bronco
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Tebow would be a great back up, I would love to see him learn under Manning for 3-4 years as it is what Tim really needs in order to be a great QB down the road. I think that Tim could even buy into that. It is his fanboys that the Broncos need to get rid of, because the Broncos doesn't want a freaking billboard every time Manning has a bad game (and it will happen) nor that distraction.

baja
03-20-2012, 04:35 PM

Once again there has been no decision on Tebow's future.

HILife
So he's no longer a virgin, heeeeeeyyyyooooooooo.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Frd53vbCHLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life

Even if that 5th round crap is true, it would only be because NO other team thinks he is worth more. That says a lot.

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
A raw deal? Huh?

They drafted him higher than anyone else would've and paid him more than anyone else would've. They allowed him to be an NFL QB when nobody else did. They're dangling him out there to anyone who wants him right now.....and nobody is jumping at the chance to make him their starting QB.....or even their backup QB. Even though his cap hit is near the league minimum.

We gave him a far better deal than anyone else did (or is). Think about it. If it was that raw a deal, every other team would be jumping all over the chance to sign him now for nothing. They're not.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Tebow would be a great back up, I would love to see him learn under Manning for 3-4 years as it is what Tim really needs in order to be a great QB down the road. I think that Tim could even buy into that. It is his fanboys that the Broncos need to get rid of, because the Broncos doesn't want a freaking billboard every time Manning has a bad game (and it will happen) nor that distraction.

x10

db56
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
yeah, he was clearly undervalued and mistreated by this FO. all the knuckleheads are saying its the NFL and he isnt owed anything and that is idiotic, he clearly has earned his keep based off what he did last season but whatever. I hope he stays and learns a few things from old greybeard and is ready to go when he get his chance but I dont blame him for moving on.

either way, now that I've calmed down and reality has set in, it is what it is. Manning is a HOF QB and a good guy and I'm not going to cry about it, its over..

BroncoBuff
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
You forgot to insert the minor detail of the Manning signing between "starter" and "shopping." Sort of a game changer, don't you think?

Fine, I agree they're making the right move. Duh. But that doesn't mean kick the kid YET AGAIN!

Look, he's not gonna start anywhere else, so why can't he back up Manning here? Somehow this obvious point is lost ... how is backing up Blaine Gabbert a better deal than backing up Peyton Manning on a team who just 23 days ago said you'd be here a "long long" time?

Maybe I'm making this too complicated ... hmmm...

BroncoHI
03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Dumbass

This

I'm really impressed on how elwayvhas handeled the team, and this situation. He did what was best for the Broncos, I have to admit I wasn't sure about Elway at the helm. After this he is the man

Tebow did give us a great season worth remembering for a long time. But the big picture is more important. Wish the best for Tebow but

Go Bronco's

DomCasual
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM

Well, let's look at it a different way.

I am renting a house to you. You love the house. One month, you are dropping off your rent check, and you tell me how perfect this house is for you. I reciprocate your positivity with my feelings about what a perfect renter you are. I say that as far as I am concerned, this is your house for as long as you want it. You say that as long as the house is on the market, you'll never leave. It's a happy moment. We would hug, but neither of us go that way - not that there would be anything wrong with it, if we did.

One week later, one of two things happens:

1) I get a call from XYZ Development Company. They want my rental house - badly. They have apparently bought every other house on the block. They want to pay me 20X market value for the house. They just have to have it!

2) You win Power Ball. You are now a $100 millionaire. Rent? Are you kidding? You notice for the first time how little storage you have in the house; how sub-par the carpeting is; how the only view you have is of the neighbor's garage; how long it takes for the shower to heat up; etc.

All you can do is go with the information you have. Things change. That's life.

WolfpackGuy
03-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Blame Urban Meyer and every other coach he had growing up.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
yeah, he was clearly undervalued and mistreated by this FO. all the knuckleheads are saying its the NFL and he isnt owed anything and that is idiotic, he clearly has earned his keep based off what he did last season but whatever. I hope he stays and learns a few things from old greybeard and is ready to go when he get his chance but I dont blame him for moving on.

either way, now that I've calmed down and reality has set in, it is what it is. Manning is a HOF QB and a good guy and I'm not going to cry about it, its over..

+1. It is what it is....I'd rather the FO had treated him with more respect..he earned his paychecks more than Orton did..

It is a tough business, but that doesn't mean you have to be obscure about your true feelings when dealing with players. Maybe in the press, but face to face be a man and tell him which way the wind really is blowing, so he has an idea of what is going down.

Anyway I still hope that Denver keeps him if they don't get good value for him. He could be a great player, even if not at QB.

Atwater His Ass
I've always supported Tebow, but I just don't get the logic that the front office should sit on their hands instead of improving the team because they said "he's the starter going into camp". So what? It's professional sports and they play to win.

I think we should keep Tebow and groom him, but at least I can understand that if the FO doesn't buy into Tebow, then there is no point.

BroncoBuff

2) You win Power Ball. You are now a $100 millionaire. Rent? Are you kidding? You notice for the first time how little storage you have in the house; how sub-par the carpeting is; how the only view you have is of the neighbor's garage; how long it takes for the shower to heat up; etc.

Pretty good comparison, but it's still missing MY MAIN POINT: Unlike a backup quarterback, a second house is not MANDATORY for a lotto-winner !!

I love how whenever fans don't give a crap about a guy anymore, it's always "boo-hoo, so sorry he made plenty of money." :~ohyah!:

2KBack
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Fine, I agree they're making the right move. Duh. But that doesn't mean kick the kid YET AGAIN!

Look, he's not gonna start anywhere else, so why can't he back up Manning here? Somehow this obvious point is lost ... how is backing up Blaine Gabbert a better deal than backing up Peyton Manning on a team who just 23 days ago said you'd be here a "long long" time?

How is Tebow's trade value being rumored so low a raw deal fro Tebow? Sounds like a Raw deal for Denver to me. You are only as valuable as the market for your services. That's life.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM

I agree that he can stay as the backup...I think. But how can Tebow realistically backup a Manning-style offense? In fact, how can Tebow run any sort of traditional NFL offense? It's the main reason other organizations aren't beating down our door to bring him onboard. Not even JACKSONVILLE! Think about that for a minute. For Tebow to run your offense you have to do what McCoy did last year: revamp it to a college-style offense; and that's not going to happen with most NFL clubs (unless they are forced to the way the Broncos were last year). Now, to have Tim stay onboard with Denver and learn from Manning is one thing; just don't know how you'd bring him in mid-game sometime in November if Manning jams his thumb on some guy's helmet and not lose a beat.

baja
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM

You must have me on ignore because that is what I have been saying all day, twice on this (your) thread

baja
03-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I agree that he can stay as the backup...I think. But how can Tebow realistically backup a Manning-style offense? In fact, how can Tebow run any sort of traditional NFL offense? It's the main reason other organizations aren't beating down our door to bring him onboard. Not even JACKSONVILLE! Think about that for a minute. For Tebow to run your offense you have to do what McCoy did last year: revamp it to a college-style offense; and that's not going to happen with most NFL clubs (unless they are forced to the way the Broncos were last year). Now, to have Tim stay onboard with Denver and learn from Manning is one thing; just don't know how you'd bring him in mid-game sometime in November if Manning jams his thumb on some guy's helmet and not lose a beat.

You have no idea if teams are beating down the door, none, zilch, nada.

DenverBrit
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM
That's not confirmed. He could very well be our backup.

Exactly. We have no idea what conversations are going on.

Manning is the kind of guy who would reach out to Tebow, and if Tebow wants to stay around and learn, then why not keep him a year. (he's cheap this year)

If he impresses, re-do his contract. and groom him for post Manning.

If he doesn't......then he needs to consider a different position or move on.

MagicHef
03-20-2012, 04:53 PM
As for the 5th rounder rumor, I believe that was started by Michael Lombardi. Therefore, it has no bearing on anything.

orangeatheist
You have no idea if teams are beating down the door, none, zilch, nada.

Really? Sort of like there was no clue teams were beating down the door for Manning?

ScottXray
How is Tebow's trade value being rumored so low a raw deal fro Tebow? Sounds like a Raw deal for Denver to me. You are only as valuable as the market for your services. That's life.

If you don't get value then don't trade him. This "we must get rid of Tebow!" stuff is coming from fans that are hating on him, and the media. Tebow never tried to create a media frenzy or threw his team , coaches or other players under the bus. . Maybe he isn't great as a QB right now....he was a project when drafted. Maybe they didn't draft him. Too bad. Do your job and make him a better QB by working with him to do so. He has some unique skills ....learn HOW to use them.

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Why avoid having him as a backup? Because you want to concentrate 100% on winning games and getting to the postseason... not deal with the Tebow circus show yet another year. If he did stay, he'd not be able to even remotely run the offense Manning is using, even if for a few plays. Why bother trying? Because you want to be "fair" to him? ROFL!

He is an NFL athlete - overpaid, with endorsement deals and plenty of $$$ wherever he goes. Do you really feel sorry for a pro athlete? He'll get over it.

baja
03-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Really? Sort of like there was no clue teams were beating down the door for Manning?

Sorry don't understand your post.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Who cares. Timmy got paid millions. You only get screwed by your boss when they don't pay you, or sully your reputation to prevent you from finding work.

Tebow is a man and all athletes no this part of like. Broncobuff you're trying to show empathy. Trying to see how Tebow feels by putting yourself in his shoes. But your not an athlete. For them these things are part of the game. Tebow if he gets to go back to FLA, or a high profile place like NY he will be happy. You are probably more upset about it then he is.

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2012, 05:00 PM
I am a big big fan of Tebow but when you get a shot at Manning and it costs only money it's hard to say no to that.

It's a game changer.

what Baja said!

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
do you wanna fight to make the playoffs with Tebow as your QB or do you wanna fight to win Super Bowls with Manning as your QB? I'd take the latter! God bless Tim Tebow and everything he's done for the Broncos. Wish him the best of luck and will always root for him!

BroncoBuff
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM
what Baja said!

Yeah, he's definitely right.

But backing up Blaine Gabbert will be a kick in the teeth for somebody slated to be our guy for a "long long time."

mkporter
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM

Two things:
1) Maybe Tim doesn't want to be here if Manning is, so we're not really kicking him by trading him.
2) John said he was "hoping" that Tim would be around for a long long time. Part of "hoping" that Tim would be around for a long long time is "hoping" the Tim would improve enough to be a top flight QB in this league, and deserve to be here a long long time.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
do you wanna fight to make the playoffs with Tebow as your QB or do you wanna fight to win Super Bowls with Manning as your QB? I'd take the latter! God bless Tim Tebow and everything he's done for the Broncos. Wish him the best of luck and will always root for him!

I was just telling a friend: This year I want to be surprised when we LOSE games; not like last year when I was surprised when we WON them.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Sorry don't understand your post.

When teams are beating down a door for a player, you tend to notice.

BroncoBuff
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
do you wanna fight to make the playoffs with Tebow as your QB or do you wanna fight to win Super Bowls with Manning as your QB?

Man, you really missed my point here.

But that's ok ... we're Pac 12 Champs, right? GLORY COLORADO.

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
i doubt Tim wants to stick around and be Payton's backup for the next 5 years or how ever long he is gonna play. Denver could send him anywhere...but it sounds as if Elway is being considerate and will try to accomidate Tebows requests to play in Florida.

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2012, 05:07 PM

But backing up Blaine Gabbert will be a kick in the teeth for somebody slated to be our guy for a "long long time."

but you have to understand that when Elway made that comment....the greatest Free Agent prize ever wasn't even on the market yet. Manning is a once in a lifetime coup as a free agent. Tebow gets it

RaiderH8r
03-20-2012, 05:09 PM

No. I am now tone deaf to the bull**** personnel statements that spew forth from John'S face hole. It is what it is. He's going to lie, distort, obfuscate, and double talk rather than give his honest take which means he is just like every other nfl exec.

The good news is that we are guaranteed a SB win next year otherwise this was a failure.

Drek
03-20-2012, 05:09 PM
I like how perfectly this thread collects the "who cares! we gonna win a SOOPER BOULE!" types.

Completely miss that this is an issue of class and professionalism. Money paid doesn't equate to treating someone with class and professionalism. The FO massively failed at the later with Tebow. Great, it's a business. But only people lacking class and professionalism conduct their business in a low class, unprofessional way. You can front all you want, how you treat those least important to you is how you display your real character.

If Elway believed a single world he ever said about Tebow he'd still be here as our backup and the Broncos would handle the media frenzy with a simple "LOL, we starting Peyton fools".

baja
03-20-2012, 05:12 PM
When teams are beating down a door for a player, you tend to notice.

Geez the ink is literally not even dry on Manning's contract can you give it a day or three.

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I like how perfectly this thread collects the "who cares! we gonna win a SOOPER BOULE!" types.

Completely miss that this is an issue of class and professionalism. Money paid doesn't equate to treating someone with class and professionalism. The FO massively failed at the later with Tebow. Great, it's a business. But only people lacking class and professionalism conduct their business in a low class, unprofessional way. You can front all you want, how you treat those least important to you is how you display your real character.

If Elway believed a single world he ever said about Tebow he'd still be here as our backup and the Broncos would handle the media frenzy with a simple "LOL, we starting Peyton fools".

But Tebow doesn't wanna be a backup Drek! Do you really think that after everything he did last year, he would be ok with being a backup this year? no way in hell! in his mind he is a starting qb

baja
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
BTW I would like to know just how many teams contacted Manning's agent when be became available.

RaiderH8r
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM

I am renting a house to you. You love the house. One month, you are dropping off your rent check, and you tell me how perfect this house is for you. I reciprocate your positivity with my feelings about what a perfect renter you are. I say that as far as I am concerned, this is your house for as long as you want it. You say that as long as the house is on the market, you'll never leave. It's a happy moment. We would hug, but neither of us go that way - not that there would be anything wrong with it, if we did.

One week later, one of two things happens:

1) I get a call from XYZ Development Company. They want my rental house - badly. They have apparently bought every other house on the block. They want to pay me 20X market value for the house. They just have to have it!

Or

Your wife starts ****ing another dude but it is ok because he's smarter, better looking, has more money, and your kids like him better but you shouldn't be upset because it was a once in a lifetime shot for her to upgrade the position and, hey, life isn't fair. Fair is where you go to get cotton candy and life ain't fair. Now you can stick around and hope for a shot while the dude plows your wife but would you want to?

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Geez the ink is literally not even dry on Manning's contract can you give it a day or three.

Manning's tears after leaving Indy weren't dry when his phone starting ringing. Give it up, baja. The fact is, Tebow the player isn't nearly as hot a commodity as Tebow the jersey.

baja
03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Manning's tears after leaving Indy weren't dry when his phone starting ringing. Give it up, baja. The fact is, Tebow the player isn't nearly as hot a commodity as Tebow the jersey.

Of course I am not saying Tebow is anywhere near as hot a commodity Manning. I'm saying you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes right now. You don't even know if the Broncos want to trade him.

Meck77
03-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Buff. You must not have watched the press conference. Elway said when he called Tebow to tell him Tebow's response was "It's peyton Manning".

If Tebow gets it I think you should.

Baja Elway made it pretty clear that "They will do what's best for Tebow". He mentioned trading him numerous times. I don't recall any discussion about them wanting to even keep him.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Of course I am not saying Tebow is anywhere near as hot a commodity Manning. I'm saying you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes right now. You don't even know if the Broncos want to trade him.

And I never claimed to know what was going on behind the scenes. Nice attempt to straw man me, baja! All I said was no one's beating down the door to get him and I think that holds true. If it weren't, we'd be hearing about teams in a bidding war for him and owners wanting to hand the keys to their organization over to him. THAT'S what I meant by "beating down the door."

Mouth
03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
But Tebow doesn't wanna be a backup Drek! Do you really think that after everything he did last year, he would be ok with being a backup this year? no way in hell! in his mind he is a starting qb

Are you sure we're talking about the same Tim Tebow here?

Mouth

ghwk
03-20-2012, 05:27 PM

Hey I think you have the NFL confused with pee wee ball where everybody gets a trophy and everyone is told how great they are.

Drek
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM

1. We don't know that. If a legitimate career path was painted for him it would make sense.

2. All the "its a bidness!" people should be massively opposed to us ejecting Tebow for nothing worthwhile in return just to Adam frickin' Weber can be the new #2.

3. If he really wants a chance to start in 2012 then sure, respect it when he requests it. But this was all done prior to Tebow saying a word. You can't say "well now he wants to start so we've got to boot him!" Doesn't change the "be here for a long, long time" and "starting QB in camp" lines were all bull****.

milehighJC
03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I really don't get this sentiment that somehow Tebow got screwed. I'm sure he would have liked to be the starter this year. He is a competitor, I would be disappointed in him if he wanted anything LESS... but really, is it so hard to comprehend what went down here? The opportunity to get a first ballot HOF QB WITHOUT hitting your roster is a once in franchise history kind of deal. Just as I am sure he wants to start, I'm equally sure he understands why Denver would do that. I would be disappointed in HIM if he didn't.

What I think is VERY interesting is that we STILL haven't heard from Tebow himself. Lots of other people are speaking on his "behalf", but TT has remained all CLASS and kept his feelings out of the press. Whens all sorted out, he can decide what HE wants for HIM, and I suspect the Broncos will accommodate him regardless of whether its stay and learn under Manning and Elway, or go for a trade and try to be a starter again.

I know its been pointed out before many times, but it seems very clear there are Broncos fans, and there are Tebow fans. As for me, I'm a Broncos fan, who became a Tebow fan because of what he did last year - both on the field, and off the field. Ill remain a Tebow fan as he moves on in his career, but I'm also ecstatic that the Broncos signed Manning. It WILL be another fun year... cant wait.

Just my $.02

jc

CEH
Orange slices for everyone . Everyone line up for the human tunnel

baja
And I never claimed to know what was going on behind the scenes. Nice attempt to straw man me, baja! All I said was no one's beating down the door to get him and I think that holds true. If it weren't, we'd be hearing about teams in a bidding war for him and owners wanting to hand the keys to their organization over to him. THAT'S what I meant by "beating down the door."

I understand what you are saying. Of course the teams interested in Tebow will be limited because he is a unique player that will fit on a few select teams. Frankly I hope he stays in denver as PM's backup

baja
03-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I really don't get this sentiment that somehow Tebow got screwed. I'm sure he would have liked to be the starter this year. He is a competitor, I would be disappointed in him if he wanted anything LESS... but really, is it so hard to comprehend what went down here? The opportunity to get a first ballot HOF QB WITHOUT hitting your roster is a once in franchise history kind of deal. Just as I am sure he wants to start, I'm equally sure he understands why Denver would do that. I would be disappointed in HIM if he didn't.

What I think is VERY interesting is that we STILL haven't heard from Tebow himself. Lots of other people are speaking on his "behalf", but TT has remained all CLASS and kept his feelings out of the press. Whens all sorted out, he can decide what HE wants for HIM, and I suspect the Broncos will accommodate him regardless of whether its stay and learn under Manning and Elway, or go for a trade and try to be a starter again.

I know its been pointed out before many times, but it seems very clear there are Broncos fans, and there are Tebow fans. As for me, I'm a Broncos fan, who became a Tebow fan because of what he did last year - both on the field, and off the field. Ill remain a Tebow fan as he moves on in his career, but I'm also ecstatic that the Broncos signed Manning. It WILL be another fun year... cant wait.

Just my $.02

jc

I'd put the percentage of Bronco fans that agree with this post at about 98%

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 05:37 PM

maybe TT is requesting a trade?

FireFly
03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
I agree that Tebow got a raw deal here. Often happens with a change in regime.

Had McDaniels have stayed and not imploded, I honestly believe that Tebow would be a better QB and have a better career.

Fox and Elways never seemed to buy into Tebowmania. They wanted their own QB.

Haters going to hate, but when Tebow played we won.

baja
03-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I agree that Tebow got a raw deal here. Often happens with a change in regime.

Had McDaniels have stayed and not imploded, I honestly believe that Tebow would be a better QB and have a better career.

Fox and Elways never seemed to buy into Tebowmania. They wanted their own QB.

Haters going to hate, but when Tebow played we won.

That's why if he goes anywhere I hope it's NE

El Minion
03-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Blame Urban Meyer and every other coach he had growing up.

This. Remember reading about how bad his mechanics where after using the UF sport science campus/department to diagnose Tebows mechanics and that after careful study and examination Meyer decided that was going to take too much time and effort to correct his flaws and chose the win know path. So even Urban Meyer knew Tebows flaws and chose not to correct them.

2KBack
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
If you don't get value then don't trade him. This "we must get rid of Tebow!" stuff is coming from fans that are hating on him, and the media. Tebow never tried to create a media frenzy or threw his team , coaches or other players under the bus. . Maybe he isn't great as a QB right now....he was a project when drafted. Maybe they didn't draft him. Too bad. Do your job and make him a better QB by working with him to do so. He has some unique skills ....learn HOW to use them.

Not trading him would be the raw deal IMO. I like Tebow just fine, even if I doubt that his passing will improve much. I don't necessarily want him gone, becasue he brings good things to the table. Holding onto him just because of that seems pretty harsh. Let him go somewhere and compete or maybe start.

Also the circus isn't his doing, but it is part of the package. How many billboards do we see next season if he is the back-up?

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 05:53 PM

TEBOWNER!!!! DIE!! GET LOST!!!

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 05:54 PM
A raw deal? Huh?

They drafted him higher than anyone else would've and paid him more than anyone else would've. They allowed him to be an NFL QB when nobody else did. They're dangling him out there to anyone who wants him right now.....and nobody is jumping at the chance to make him their starting QB.....or even their backup QB. Even though his cap hit is near the league minimum.

We gave him a far better deal than anyone else did (or is). Think about it. If it was that raw a deal, every other team would be jumping all over the chance to sign him now for nothing. They're not.

TEBOW HATER!!! DIE!!! GET LOST!!!

CEH
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
If the goal is to win Super Bowls what do you want Elway to do?
Seems like everyone here has different objectives. That is Bowlens and Elways. Do we win one this year with Tebow? How about with Manning?

It's Peyton Manning. Even Skip Bayless said that today

and CAA will not allow both Tebow and Manning on the same team on sitting the bench. They will force a trade to anywhere that Tim can atleast get on the field. Tim can propagate his cause sitting on the bench.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
This. Remember reading about how bad his mechanics where after using the UF sport science campus/department to diagnose Tebows mechanics and that after careful study and examination Meyer decided that was going to take too much time and effort to correct his flaws and chose the win know path. So even Urban Meyer knew Tebows flaws and chose not to correct them.

yah because winning sucks so much. Listen, ultimately its TT's job to change his mechanics. Stop me if I'm wrong here but why does he need a coaching staff to tell him what he already knows?

It ain't anyone's problem but his and last I checked, he still has the same problem.

KevinJames
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
NFL is a tough business, everything happens for a reason.

Tired of hearing people cry about it, when we are trying to celebrate the acquisition of a Hall Of Fame QB in Peyton Manning.

Tim Tebow was never in the Broncos long term plans, why is this a shock to everyone. It just doesn't make sense to invest in that as a football team its not smart. Sure hes a good guy and a hell of a football player.

People don't seem to get how you have to build a football team around a Tebow and if you do that for years and lets say Tebow can't play anymore well now you got a team that doesn't fit what most QBs do. When you invest in a HOF QB as a FA pick up you are building a team that fits what most QBs do and we can grab a traditional QB to groom behind Manning within the next few years, and when Manning is ready to call it quits we have that QB of the future waiting in the wings and now we have a team built to help that new QB succeed thanks to Manning attracting talent over the years and building a team through the draft.

With Tebow not many FAs want to be a Bronco, no FAs wanna play on offense with Tebow, unless its a RB.

CEH
03-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Elway took down all the Tebow pictures. How dare he disrepect Tebow so quickly after signing Manning

barryr
03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
I think Tebow only got a raw deal in they weren't that direct with him and as honest as they could have been. After telling him he was the starter going into TC, the Broncos were going to do all they could to see that wasn't going to happen. No way were the Broncos going to stand pat and see Tebow have the job, even if Manning signed somplace. So in reality, they should not have stated Tebow had "earned the job" when in reality, he was not going to get it.

But I don't blame the Broncos. If Manning is healthy, they believe, I hope, they will put the pieces together to make this a Super Bowl team. They did not want to wait to see if Tebow could develop into a pocket passer, which is what they want and they really don't believe in him. Keeping Tebow around to collect dust is dumb and it will be best for both parties for Tebow to go on way or the other.

Taco John
03-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Winning Superbowls is a tough, gritty business.

TDmvp
03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
This teams been a joke since Shanny was fired, the Bengals have looked smarter then we have over the last 5 years.

El Minion
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
yah because winning sucks so much. Listen, ultimately its TT's job to change his mechanics. Stop me if I'm wrong here but why does he need a coaching staff to tell him what he already knows?

It ain't anyone's problem but his and last I checked, he still has the same problem.

Why does Brady need a Personal Quarterback Coach (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/tom-martinez-dead-tom-brady-personal-qb-coach_n_1293317.html)? Hasn't he learned everything their is to know about quarterbacking?

The problem was that every coach knew that Tebow had issues that needed correction and that he needed to be coached properly, but since they still could win with the bad mechanics why bother. That was the point, Tebow's coaches weren't doing him any favors for his long term football growth and career. Hence Tebow's current predicament, i.e. below 50% completion, problem with short to intermediate passes, no pass plays on 3rd and long, etc. The irony is that Tebow is the poster child for the perfect athlete that will do whatever the coaches tell him to do.

mhgaffney
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
a mere fifth?

With how many teams interested? five?

Instead of giving Tebow away -- the FO should let the bidding determine the final agreement.

DenverBrit
03-20-2012, 07:06 PM
This teams been a joke since Shanny was fired, the Bengals have looked smarter then we have over the last 5 years.

http://rlv.zcache.com/ray_of_sunshine_photosculpture-p153622425412029145z89x5_400.jpg

WolfpackGuy
03-20-2012, 07:12 PM
They should keep him AT LEAST until the deadline unless some team just blows them away with their offer.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:12 PM

Yep, it's disgraceful. Though what's even more disgraceful is how most of the fans have all just shrugged their shoulders because we signed a big name 36 year old QB who has never really been that great in the playoffs. Tebow helps deliver one of the most amazing seasons in Bronco history (not one of the best, just one of the most amazing), and there doesn't seem to be any appreciation from the organization or the fans. Makes me sick.

Flex Gunmetal
03-20-2012, 07:13 PM
a mere fifth?

With how many teams interested? five?

Instead of giving Tebow away -- the FO should let the bidding determine the final agreement.

Well...duh. I'm sure that's what they will do. The market determines the value. No one's going to offer the 1st round pick it cost to acquire him. That says quite a bit.

PRBronco
03-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Yep, it's disgraceful. Though what's even more disgraceful is how most of the fans have all just shrugged their shoulders because we signed a big name 36 year old QB who has never really been that great in the playoffs. Tebow helps deliver one of the most amazing seasons in Bronco history (not one of the best, just one of the most amazing), and there doesn't seem to be any appreciation from the organization or the fans. Makes me sick.

It's not just a lack of appreciation, it's like Tebow killed their damn dog ffs.

Flex Gunmetal
03-20-2012, 07:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Fhq43.gif

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:19 PM
If the goal is to win Super Bowls what do you want Elway to do?
Seems like everyone here has different objectives. That is Bowlens and Elways. Do we win one this year with Tebow? How about with Manning?

It's Peyton Manning. Even Skip Bayless said that today

and CAA will not allow both Tebow and Manning on the same team on sitting the bench. They will force a trade to anywhere that Tim can atleast get on the field. Tim can propagate his cause sitting on the bench.

We aren't going to win a Super Bowl this year with Manning, Tebow, or a reanimated Johnny Unitas. It isn't going to happen. The fact that so many on this board don't get that boggles my mind.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Fhq43.gif

You are a joke of human being who I should've put on ignore a long time ago. It's never too late to fix one's mistakes...

DeusExManning
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM
No place in football to worry about hurt feelings. Tebow needs to man up, we are not required to be nice here, hundreds of players come and go and are treated much worse than tebow.

Watching the Tebowites on Orangemane has been a truly enjoyable experience.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM

Pretty much.

DeusExManning
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Just go away Agamemnon (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27547) root for Tebows next team.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
It's not just a lack of appreciation, it's like Tebow killed their damn dog ffs.

Yeah, and if you like the kid and think he should've been given a real shot at succeeding you aren't a true fan. Honestly this whole thing has caused my opinion of fellow Bronco fans to take a nosedive. I got the negativity aimed at Cutler and Marshall because they are basically giant douchebags, but the way many of the fans treat Tebow makes no sense to me.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Just go away Agamemnon (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27547) root for Tebows next team.

::)

Flex Gunmetal
03-20-2012, 07:28 PM
You are a joke of human being who I should've put on ignore a long time ago. It's never too late to fix one's mistakes...

You are very mad and it's hilarious.
Even Tim Tebow understands why it happened, because it's Peyton Manning.

Tebow was great, I enjoyed the circus, it great time to be in Denver. But it's sad you are so salty over something so monumental. I would have loved for Tebow to develop and be Denver's guy for the next decade. But 10/10 times, you take this risk when it's available, no matter the sacrifice.

A healthy Peyton is someone that you make EVERYONE on your roster expendable for.

I feel sorry for you.

DEAL WITH IT
http://i.imgur.com/aJVb0.jpg

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:28 PM

Reports have been pretty consistent that he wants a trade and doesn't care if he has to be a backup somewhere else. This isn't about Tebow not wanting to be a backup. This is about Tebow not wanting to work for a bunch liars he can't trust.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:31 PM

If he went to Jacksonville he wouldn't be backing up Gabbert. At least not for long.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Reports have been pretty consistent that he wants a trade and doesn't care if he has to be a backup somewhere else. This isn't about Tebow not wanting to be a backup. This is about Tebow not wanting to work for a bunch liars he can't trust.

Release, release it all. Cleanse

TonyR
03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
This was all about Elway and what he wants and what he doesn’t want. What he wants, like he wants his next breath, is a Super Bowl win as an executive. What he doesn’t want is Tim Tebow.

It’s not that he didn’t like Tebow as a person. It’s that he was frustrated with Tebow’s inability to get the precise synchronization of the three-step and five-step NFL drop. It’s NFL Quarterbacking 101. Most guys get the knack of it in college. But with Tebow, like with really good Teflon, it never quite stuck.

Elway was also frustrated with all the dirt balls and air balls and screwballs Tebow scattered to the wind. He was frustrated that Tebow would play like Joan Rivers for three quarters and like Philip Rivers in the fourth. He was puzzled by Tebow’s stats. The kid didn’t even complete 48 percent of his throws. Peyton Manning completes 65 percent of his.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7712632/elway-lands-manning

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
This was all about Elway and what he wants and what he doesn’t want. What he wants, like he wants his next breath, is a Super Bowl win as an executive. What he doesn’t want is Tim Tebow.

It’s not that he didn’t like Tebow as a person. It’s that he was frustrated with Tebow’s inability to get the precise synchronization of the three-step and five-step NFL drop. It’s NFL Quarterbacking 101. Most guys get the knack of it in college. But with Tebow, like with really good Teflon, it never quite stuck.

Elway was also frustrated with all the dirt balls and air balls and screwballs Tebow scattered to the wind. He was frustrated that Tebow would play like Joan Rivers for three quarters and like Philip Rivers in the fourth. He was puzzled by Tebow’s stats. The kid didn’t even complete 48 percent of his throws. Peyton Manning completes 65 percent of his.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7712632/elway-lands-manning

Most guys do not get the knack of timing patterns in college. Especially if they come from a spread offense. If this article is true it only shows how ****ing stupid and shortsighted Elway is.

Oh and Elway completed less than 50% of his passes in his first 14 starts as well I believe, but I'm sure that's different somehow...

RedskinBronco
03-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Whenever Peyton Manning is available, you go get Peyton Manning if you can.

Having said that, I still think Tebow is a winner and I have no doubts he will succeed. Good luck to him whether it is in Denver or somewhere else.

True class act and guys like him will always find a way to succeed.

DenverBrit
03-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Do Convents have teams??

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 07:54 PM

All the Tebowners should unite and have a support group and sing koombya.

go_broncos
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM

Our Front office is a joke..If i am manning, i would not have joined Broncos.
Bad decision by him.

Garcia Bronco
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah Buff, I can't understand why he can't stay here and be the backup for a few years. Unless he asked for trade; I don't get it.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Bad decision by him.

Release, release the anger! Let it go, CLEANSE!

errand
03-20-2012, 09:16 PM

Well, if Tebow can't beat out Gabbert, why would you want him as our back-up?

ClamChowdah
03-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I find it amazing they'll give up on a QB after his rookie year, yeah Gabbert stunk but who did he have to throw to?

Can you even name anyone who played for the Jags last year bar MJD?

NFLBRONCO
03-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Welcome to being an NFL QB it is what it is. EF did not draft Tebow so I don't see how he got a raw deal. If it wasn't for PR repair Tebow would have been gone last year.

If we brought in Henne and started him I unsterstand the raw deal. Tebow to Manning umm that is a no brainer.

Tebow is a awesome guy who is easy to root for and I hope he does well. He is a major project though.

bowtown
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Bad decision by him.

Still upset that they proved you to be the biggest idiot here?

errand
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Again, most of the nuthuggers called for McDaniel's head on a platter....never once thinking that had he not gotten canned, Tebow would be starting, and Manning would be playing somewhere else.

So who's the real reason Timmy is getting this "raw deal"?

troya900
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM

I think this presumption is quite ridiculous. I was one of the biggest Tebow supporters and woulda held up a billboard sign myself. The thing is for me it wasn't nearly about Tebow as it was about AbOrton. AbOrton had his chance and he failed miserably for 2 years after that 6-0 start. Most fans were just sick to their stomachs of seeing that lifeless douche AbOrton trotting out on the field series after series, loss after loss. They wanted to move on and Tebow is what we had.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Most guys do not get the knack of timing patterns in college. Especially if they come from a spread offense. If this article is true it only shows how ****ing stupid and shortsighted Elway is.

Oh and Elway completed less than 50% of his passes in his first 14 starts as well I believe, but I'm sure that's different somehow...

Its almost like Elway needs to sit down with a QB coach familiar with a college spread so they can explain why the adjustment is a struggle. The fact that he goes out and scouts Weeden without these same concerns makes me wonder if he really understands that there's a reason for the struggles.

bowtown
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Its almost like Elway needs to sit down with a QB coach familiar with a college spread so they can explain why the adjustment is a struggle. The fact that he goes out and scouts Weeden without these same concerns makes me wonder if he really understands that there's a reason for the struggles.

It's almost like Elway needs to hold the hair out of your face while your cry yourself to sleep at night.

bombay
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM

I'd wager that the Broncos would happily accept a 1 or a 2. His value is what it is, which is to say not much. The Broncos will try to put him in a place where he has a chance to play an succeed.

John should be embarassed because Tebow has little value? I don't think so. Tebow should thank the organization that let him start for nearly a full season and let the league see what he was capable of.

bowtown
03-20-2012, 09:54 PM
If we are lucky we will get a 4th.

MplsBronco
03-20-2012, 10:35 PM

You have been one of a scant few logical posters on here throughout this whole thing. I have been lurking throughout this whole thing and am of the opinion that once we starting chasing Peyton, we screwed the pooch no matter the outcome. Manning does not and will not mean automatic SB appearances, let alone SB victories for this team (hell, his career clearly points this out). We have MANY holes and I don't see how Manning is going to stop Brady from throwing 6 TDs against us in a playoff game. And once we started slobbering over Peyton we alienated Tebow to the point had we not got Manning we did real damage to that relationship.

I became a huge Tebow fan because he played for the Denver Broncos and was incredibly easy to root for. Like it or not, but he was the catalyst for one of the most entertaining, memorable, exciting seasons I can remember. To listen to most on here, there is something wrong with that. I also believe Tebow is someone the team could grow with and compete for SBs with. Just think how much better he can get. To me, that would be much more satisfying than MAYBE getting a shot at one SB with rent-a-QB whose entire career I have spent hating.

What I don't hear ppl talking about is that there is and should be huge pressure still on Elway. What's happens when this doesn't pan out and we have nothing to show for it in 2-3 years and Tebow is elsewhere having huge success? I believe Tebow wins a SB before the Broncos. So yeah, I am pissed right now. This 20M a year could buy a lot of defensive help and help across the entire roster.

baja
03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
You have been one of a scant few logical posters on here throughout this whole thing. I have been lurking throughout this whole thing and am of the opinion that once we starting chasing Peyton, we screwed the pooch no matter the outcome. Manning does not and will not mean automatic SB appearances, let alone SB victories for this team (hell, his career clearly points this out). We have MANY holes and I don't see how Manning is going to stop Brady from throwing 6 TDs against us in a playoff game. And once we started slobbering over Peyton we alienated Tebow to the point had we not got Manning we did real damage to that relationship.

I became a huge Tebow fan because he played for the Denver Broncos and was incredibly easy to root for. Like it or not, but he was the catalyst for one of the most entertaining, memorable, exciting seasons I can remember. To listen to most on here, there is something wrong with that. I also believe Tebow is someone the team could grow with and compete for SBs with. Just think how much better he can get. To me, that would be much more satisfying than MAYBE getting a shot at one SB with rent-a-QB whose entire career I have spent hating.

What I don't hear ppl talking about is that there is and should be huge pressure still on Elway. What's happens when this doesn't pan out and we have nothing to show for it in 2-3 years and Tebow is elsewhere having huge success? I believe Tebow wins a SB before the Broncos. So yeah, I am pissed right now. This 20M a year could buy a lot of defensive help and help across the entire roster.

That's a very legit position and the reason why we should keep Tebow at least until next season and then reevaluate the situation

baja
03-20-2012, 10:46 PM
I know the FO is gitty over Manning choosing us but let's not throw away our very promising and reasonably priced safety net, Tim Tebow.

Blart
03-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I agree. Not as raw as Jake Plummer, Al Wilson or any number of my favorite Broncos, but I agree.

The only players who are treated well are the legends. This league is insanely competitive.

MplsBronco
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
I know the FO is gitty over Manning choosing us but let's not throw away our very promising and reasonably priced safety net, Tim Tebow.

They want nothing to do with him. They treat him like the plague and I just don't get it. They treat him with no respect while they defended Orton 100x more fervently and all the guy did was play his heart out and provide one of the greatest, most memorable playoff wins in franchise history. And now they will just give him away.

baja
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
They want nothing to do with him. They treat him like the plague and I just don't get it. They treat him with no respect while they defended Orton 100x more fervently and all the guy did was play his heart out and provide one of the greatest, most memorable playoff wins in franchise history. And now they will just give him away.

Well let's wait and see what they do. The press conference was encouraging, did you see it?

The one odd thing was Fox wasn't there.

broncolife
03-20-2012, 11:02 PM

Seems like Manning gave more praise to Tebow than anybody else from the bronco organization .

MplsBronco
03-20-2012, 11:02 PM
I've only seen clips. I don't believe anything I hear from this FO so I don't think it matters.

broncolife
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Well let's wait and see what they do. The press conference was encouraging, did you see it?

The one odd thing was Fox wasn't there.

hmmm maybe he did pull a couple hammys

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM

Really? Manning was cut 13 days ago. A lot happened in ten days. Manning became open to the market. Up until then Manning was talking to Indy in staying in Indy. Try again.

BroncoBuff
03-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Really? Manning was cut 13 days ago. .... Try again.

Tried right the first time ... he said it February 23, 2012 (25 days ago now):

Elway: Broncos hope Tebow will be the guy for a long time
Feb 24, 2012

INDIANAPOLIS -- John Elway offered his strongest endorsement yet of Denver QB Tim Tebow while talking to reporters Friday at the scouting combine.

"We're happy with his year last year," said Elway, the Broncos' VP of football operations. "He really added a great spark for us and we really had some good things happen two us. I was really happy with his progress. I know Tim is going to work hard this offseason, and we're hoping that he's going to be the guy for a long, long time."
Here's the link, chief. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/john-elway-on-broncos-qb-tim-tebow-tims-gonna-be-the-guy-for-a-long-long-time/1#.T2mhyMV1Ln4)

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tebow-elway.jpg

Niiice, John ... and now he can't even carry a clipboard for you?

BroncoBuff
03-21-2012, 04:29 AM
And I'm NOT EVEN A TEBOW GUY!

Seems to me facts are facts, though ... he got a raw deal from the start. Josh throws attention on him by reaching at 25, then perma-parks his butt behind Brady freaking Quinn. Tebow threw just ONE PASS during Josh's 12 games coaching.

After all he is a Heisman Trophy/Nat'l Champion, some think the best college QB ever. Might not mean much to you, but that kind of stature deserved better.

Drek
03-21-2012, 04:39 AM
And I'm NOT EVEN A TEBOW GUY!

Seems to me facts are facts, though ... he got a raw deal from the start. Josh throws attention on him by reaching at 25, then perma-parks his butt behind Brady freaking Quinn. Tebow threw just ONE PASS during Josh's 12 games coaching.

After all he is a Heisman Trophy/Nat'l Champion, some think the best college QB ever. Might not mean much to you, but that kind of stature deserved better.

It was pretty clear that McDaniels' intent was to have Tebow looking like a polished passer before he let the media frenzy get too big, hence why he never played him. He avoided the very "dilemma" the current FO walked themselves into by playing Tebow over Quinn. If Elway and co. are really so unwilling to deal with Tebowmania but weren't just blowing smoke with all the promises to work with and develop him they wouldn't have let him on the field in a half-finished state.

Now they have to deal with the reality that a half-finished Tim Tebow is still a QB who can win games in the NFL. The real shame is that they'll now dump him for pennies on the dollar simply because they can't handle the media conversation of their own QB depth chart.

ol#7
03-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Here is the thing, nobody can step into a Manning style offense and run it. Why would it matter if Tebow had to come in and do things differently?

Meck77
03-21-2012, 04:52 AM
It was pretty clear that McDaniels' intent was to have Tebow looking like a polished passer before he let the media frenzy get too big, hence why he never played him. He avoided the very "dilemma" the current FO walked themselves into by playing Tebow over Quinn. If Elway and co. are really so unwilling to deal with Tebowmania but weren't just blowing smoke with all the promises to work with and develop him they wouldn't have let him on the field in a half-finished state.

Now they have to deal with the reality that a half-finished Tim Tebow is still a QB who can win games in the NFL. The real shame is that they'll now dump him for pennies on the dollar simply because they can't handle the media conversation of their own QB depth chart.

Come on. Pat wants a SB and they want Tim to be happy somewhere and realistically it's on another team so the kid can play some f'in football and win. If they trade Tebow it's probably out of respect for the kid not to hold him back or because they can't handle the media.

Tim understands why he lost his job. He lost it to the one of the greats of the game. It's very simple. You guys over complicate this stuff and make it all emotional.

Oh and the market will dictate what Tim Tebow is worth. It's a free market.

Drek
03-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Here is the thing, nobody can step into a Manning style offense and run it. Why would it matter if Tebow had to come in and do things differently?

I'd agree. Indy spent years trying to develop a backup. Last year they played two guys who have spent time behind Manning and they both failed miserably in that offense.

The level of pre-snap reads you need to make in Manning's offense is well beyond the abilities of pretty much any other QB. So why are we talking about getting a backup that "fits" his system when no one else does?

We've seen that a Tim Tebow focused offense can be installed quickly and have at least short term success. Why wouldn't we keep that as the backup option while also having the lottery ticket that is Tim Tebow: Developed Passer Version as well?

Because Elway was never going to let Tim Tebow be a long term part of this team's future. Simple as that. You can't say its "about business" repeatedly but then take pennies on the dollar when you move Tebow because you simply don't want him on the roster.

Adding Manning is one of the best football moves any team has ever made. Trading Tebow for a late round pick, which is about all we'll get right now, isn't one of the worst (at least right now) but its pretty damn bad, and hands down worse than any deal McDaniels ever made.

Bronco Rob
03-21-2012, 05:25 AM
Bill Williamson Espn

Mallett would be a good return for Tebow http://t.co/Fe073yM6

Like · · @espn_afcwest on Twitter · 10 hours ago via Twitter · .

:spit:

fontaine
03-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Because Elway was never going to let Tim Tebow be a long term part of this team's future. Simple as that. You can't say its "about business" repeatedly but then take pennies on the dollar when you move Tebow because you simply don't want him on the roster.

Wrong. Elway has repeatedly said he hoped Tebow would be that guy.

But Elway's job isn't to be Tebow's agent, it's to do what's best for the team and John's been straightforward about that. He's also criticised Orton routinely for turning the ball over (except there aren't any Orton fanboys to cry about it).

Elway's done the same in being open and straightforward about criticizing Tebow's weakenesses and praising his strengths, except Tebow fans just choose to get upset and hide behind vague, unclear and subjective standards of integrity and class etc etc.

Ultimately if Tebow had shown the kind of improvement that he's constantly talked about but not deliveried (ie not looking lost in training camp, not being able to run a standard offense, being better in his dropbacks, accuracy, etc etc) from day 1 then he would stand a much better chance of being that long term guy.

Except he's still struggling to master basics of footwork and his throwing motion.

I have no doubt that Tebow will get better and have a lot of success in the future.

But I'm not sure if other teams will be so willing to drop $10 million + for him to be a backup, then change the entire offense to suit and his unproven skills like the Broncos did.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Wrong. Elway has repeatedly said he hoped Tebow would be that guy.

LOL

"But Elway Said!"

fool me once.

bendog
03-21-2012, 06:58 AM
*Sigh*... again with this thread.. its been played out.

THERE CAN NEVER BE ENOUGH. Elway ripped the SOUL, THE VERY SOUL, from every real bronco fan. If Tim didn't have the strenghth of ten he'd be wrapped in a fetal ball, but no .... he's out there comforting the sick while Elway laughs and Manning counts his pieces of silver.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 07:00 AM
I have no doubt that Tebow will get better and have a lot of success in the future.

Come on, you have at least some doubt. Or at least you should. There are reasons Elway wants him gone, and there are reasons very few teams are interested.

CEH
03-21-2012, 07:22 AM
We aren't going to win a Super Bowl this year with Manning, Tebow, or a reanimated Johnny Unitas. It isn't going to happen. The fact that so many on this board don't get that boggles my mind.

I don't expect (hope is more like it) us to win the Super Bowl either so can you tell me what year we will complete for the Super Bowl?

jhns
03-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Come on, you have at least some doubt. Or at least you should. There are reasons Elway wants him gone, and there are reasons very few teams are interested.

You love to prove what a moron you are.

There are just as many teams interested in Tebow as there were going after Manning. By your measuring stick, this makes Tebow just as good as Manning.

Too stupid for message boards.

CEH
03-21-2012, 07:27 AM

So if Elway came out and said just 23 days ago: "I was really happy with his progress. We’re hoping he’s going to be the guy for a long, long time unless Manning becomes available and tells us he has an interest in playing for Denver”

Would that make you feel better. This comment is not a lie and the part I added is illegal since Manning was on the Colts at the time

All the Tebownite's villifying Elway for this comment are just plain wrong.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 07:35 AM

There are just as many teams interested in Tebow as there were going after Manning. By your measuring stick, this makes Tebow just as good as Manning.

LOL Yes, the interest level for Tebow is just the same as the interest level was for Manning. You run with that typically great take of yours.

jhns
03-21-2012, 07:36 AM
None of this really matters now but I'm pretty sure he didn't even get to start at the beginning of last camp.

broncobum6162
03-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Don't know if he got screwed, but he got the short end of the stick cause he was Josh's guy. IMHO he was one of the few things he got right. I think at the end of the day that's why Elway never bought in and when he seen the chance to bail he took it. I'll miss him as I was looking forward to seeing him progress as a QB.

jhns
03-21-2012, 07:37 AM
LOL Yes, the interest level for Tebow is just the same as the interest level was for Manning. You run with that typically great take of yours.

Same number of teams...

You are an idiot.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Same number of teams...

You are an idiot.

LOL So, 2 = 12 in your world? Yes, same level of interest, jhns. Exactly the same. I bet Tebow will get a similar contract, too. ROFL! Why do you even bother? Go follow somebody else around.

jhns
03-21-2012, 07:42 AM
LOL So, 2 = 12 in your world? Yes, same level of interest, jhns. Exactly the same. I bet Tebow will get a similar contract, too. ROFL! Why do you even bother? Go follow somebody else around.

I have seen reports for more than two. I never saw reports of 12 going after Manning. What is this contract talk? Your proof was only number of teams? Are you realizing how stupid you are now?

You are an idiot. You continue to prove this.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Same number of teams...

You are an idiot.

The reason for interest in numbers differs though.

jhns
03-21-2012, 07:44 AM
The reason for interest in numbers differs though.

Oh, I know. I'm just making fun of the stupid **** tony keeps typing.

Requiem
03-21-2012, 07:51 AM
would you like to see my morning mock instead?

TonyR
03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
I never saw reports of 12 going after Manning.

That's because as usual your head is up your *** and you don't know what the f*** you're talking about. It was widely reported that 12 teams inquired about Manning when he was first released. You can look it up for yourself. It then came down to about 6 teams being seriously interested. Can you show me 6 teams being seriously interested in Tebow? No, you can't. At best you can maybe show me 2-3 who are rumored to have some interest. Just stop. Your argument is stupid, wrong, and pointless. Again, go find someone else to follow around. And I still look forward to your first post that actually contributes something to this forum.

jhns
03-21-2012, 08:03 AM
That's because as usual your head is up your *** and you don't know what the **** you're talking about. It was widely reported that 12 teams inquired about Manning when he was first released. You can look it up for yourself. It then came down to about 6 teams being seriously interested. Can you show me 6 teams being seriously interested in Tebow? No, you can't. At best you can maybe show me 2-3 who are rumored to have some interest. Just stop. Your argument is stupid, wrong, and pointless. Again, go find someone else to follow around. And I still look forward to your first post that actually contributes something to this forum.

So you are saying you have proof of every team interested in Manning? Lets see it. You better have the owners saying they were after this little rumor stuff. There are more than three that have called about Tebow. You are just too stupid to understand the multiple people that have reported this.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 08:05 AM
No. He didn't.

jhns
03-21-2012, 08:06 AM

I haven't even payed much attention to who will be in the draft this year. Outside of the first round, I probably wouldn't know them.

CEH
03-21-2012, 08:07 AM

Yes who do you have? DT , CB or RB at #25. We need to get back to football and who we draft

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:08 AM
So if Elway came out and said just 23 days ago: "I was really happy with his progress. We’re hoping he’s going to be the guy for a long, long time unless Manning becomes available and tells us he has an interest in playing for Denver”

Would that make you feel better. This comment is not a lie and the part I added is illegal since Manning was on the Colts at the time

All the Tebownite's villifying Elway for this comment are just plain wrong.

It's not the comment. It's about the fact that it was literally DURING the NFL Combine where they were quietly shopping Tebow behind the scenes while saying they really really hope he's the long term guy. Combine that with the fact that Manning wasn't even cut until March 7th, and said he had no idea what he was going to do at that point because he hadn't thought about it. Even the Broncos have said they talked Peyton through it because it was like he hadn't even thought about it.

And to top it off, Foxy was talking about how he had a Eureka! moment during Manning's March 7 press conference that they should go get Manning. Weeks after they'd been talking trading Tebow with other teams.

This team actively lied to one of it's leaders, and to the public. Repeatedly. If you're fine with that, just say so. But please quit trying to make it about "Oh Well, Manning changed everything"

When I'm rooting for the Broncos this fall, it won't be for this pack of sleazeball used car salesmen. It'll be for guys like Champ, and Dawk, Doom and Kupe.

Karma's a b**** though, and I don't like the ethos that's guiding this team in the least.

I ripped the ol' Elway Fathead off the wall last night. Once they deal Tebow, it's going in the garbage. :)

ColoradoBuff
03-21-2012, 08:14 AM

but we have helluva better shot with Manning as our QB than Tebow! I'm a big Tebow fan...but the just of it is the NFL is a passing league and until he can throw the ball on a consistent basis.....we are gonna be fighting to make the playoffs. i want more than that!

TonyR
03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
So you are saying you have proof of every team interested in Manning? Lets see it. You better have the owners saying they were after this little rumor stuff. There are more than three that have called about Tebow. You are just too stupid to understand the multiple people that have reported this.

LOL jhns, jhns, jhns. You keep setting them up, I'll keep knocking them down. There is no way you can win this argument. Pick your battles. Live to fight another day.

By the end of the day, sources told ESPN's Schefter that 12 total teams reached out to Manning's representatives.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7656028/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-part-ways-14-seasons

We know for a fact that at the very least Denver, Tennessee, San Fran, Miami, Seattle, KC, Washington, and the NYJ were interested. That's 8 right there, and 6 even if you don't believe reports of the last 2.

Now go away.

jhns
03-21-2012, 08:18 AM
LOL jhns, jhns, jhns. You keep setting them up, I'll keep knocking them down. There is no way you can win this argument. Pick your battles. Live to fight another day.

By the end of the day, sources told ESPN's Schefter that 12 total teams reached out to Manning's representatives.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7656028/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-part-ways-14-seasons

We know for a fact that at the very least Denver, Tennessee, San Fran, Miami, Seattle, KC, Washington, and the NYJ were interested. That's 8 right there, and 6 even if you don't believe reports of the last 2.

Now go away.

Only 6? That isn't 12... In fact, I don't see proof for even one.

jhns
03-21-2012, 08:21 AM
but we have helluva better shot with Manning as our QB than Tebow! I'm a big Tebow fan...but the just of it is the NFL is a passing league and until he can throw the ball on a consistent basis.....we are gonna be fighting to make the playoffs. i want more than that!

Yup. We got the next 3-4 SBs easy. This team has a pretty talented base and just added one of the best QBs of all time. We will also fill some holes with vets now that we have said QB. The NFL will fear this team.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Yup. We got the next 3-4 SBs easy. This team has a pretty talented base and just added one of the best QBs of all time. We will also fill some holes with vets now that we have said QB. The NFL will fear this team.

There you have it folks. The JHNS guarantee. Might as well get the ol' silver polisher out of the drawer.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 08:42 AM

LOL So you're saying there's no proof that even one team was interested in Peyton Manning? You're really going to continue this argument with me? Are you really just trying to convince yourself? Because you're never going to convince me or anyone else. Just changing and obfuscating the argument with every post and calling the person you're arguing with names isn't going to make you any more correct. You're going to keep being wrong no matter what you do. Dear god, why do I bother...

Gort
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
I'd agree. Indy spent years trying to develop a backup. Last year they played two guys who have spent time behind Manning and they both failed miserably in that offense.

The level of pre-snap reads you need to make in Manning's offense is well beyond the abilities of pretty much any other QB. So why are we talking about getting a backup that "fits" his system when no one else does?

We've seen that a Tim Tebow focused offense can be installed quickly and have at least short term success. Why wouldn't we keep that as the backup option while also having the lottery ticket that is Tim Tebow: Developed Passer Version as well?

Adding Manning is one of the best football moves any team has ever made. Trading Tebow for a late round pick, which is about all we'll get right now, isn't one of the worst (at least right now) but its pretty damn bad, and hands down worse than any deal McDaniels ever made.

hard to find fault in anything you're saying.

bendog
03-21-2012, 08:55 AM
I had to tell my dog that Elway was trading Tim. He's still curled into a ball in a corner facing the wall with his chin on his little #15 jersey.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I had to tell my dog that Elway was trading Tim. He's still curled into a ball in a corner facing the wall with his chin on his little #15 jersey.

At least there's one Broncos fan in your house. LOL

bendog
03-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Beavis, it just broke his little heart. Elway just rips souls for satan.

jhns
03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
LOL So you're saying there's no proof that even one team was interested in Peyton Manning? You're really going to continue this argument with me? Are you really just trying to convince yourself? Because you're never going to convince me or anyone else. Just changing and obfuscating the argument with every post and calling the person you're arguing with names isn't going to make you any more correct. You're going to keep being wrong no matter what you do. Dear god, why do I bother...

Nope. You are proving to be too stupid for message boards again. I never said anything about there not being proof anywhere. I said you didn't provide any proof. Again proving that you are an idiot.

DENVERDUI55
03-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Same number of teams...

You are an idiot.

Jhns standard response when he is getting his a$$ handed to him.

Punisher
03-21-2012, 09:05 AM
There's no crying in Football

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 09:06 AM
There's no crying in Football

this statement is so ironic coming from you.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 09:08 AM

I don't see 6 teams. Half of them want him for gimmick plays. And 2 of them have signed QBs since they showed interest. These teams could've been interested back in late feb. they've been shopping him since the combine. Why did Miami sign garrard instead of tebow? Why did henne sign? Niners were on that list, yet they came out 2 days ago and basically had a fit to take them off it. Keep telling yourself he's in demand to be a starter. They are going to get a low conditional pick. Like a 4-5 rounder, upgraded to 3rd based on his performance next season.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Why does Brady need a Personal Quarterback Coach (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/tom-martinez-dead-tom-brady-personal-qb-coach_n_1293317.html)? Hasn't he learned everything their is to know about quarterbacking?

The problem was that every coach knew that Tebow had issues that needed correction and that he needed to be coached properly, but since they still could win with the bad mechanics why bother. That was the point, Tebow's coaches weren't doing him any favors for his long term football growth and career. Hence Tebow's current predicament, i.e. below 50% completion, problem with short to intermediate passes, no pass plays on 3rd and long, etc. The irony is that Tebow is the poster child for the perfect athlete that will do whatever the coaches tell him to do.

You do realize you just proved my point, right? Brady hired the "Personal Quaterback Coach" correct? In other words Brady is taking the initiative to get better. NE isn't telling him to do this, he's just doing it.

Tebow could have done this too, and has done this a little bit. However, he's known since he was in HS he wanted to play QB, what was stopping him from working on his mechanics way back then?

Yah, your arguement holds no water. Urban Meyer's job is/was to win national championships NOT PREPARE TEBOW FOR THE NFL. That's not his job. If TT has problems with his mechanics and he wants to be an NFL QB, he should have been paying a professional QB coach to help him out from HS forward.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 09:22 AM
There are just as many teams interested in Tebow as there were going after Manning.

LOL

razorwire77
03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I ripped the ol' Elway Fathead off the wall last night. Once they deal Tebow, it's going in the garbage. :)

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Society/Pix/pictures/2010/4/21/1271861774568/Crying-Baby-001.jpg

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
You do realize you just proved my point, right? Brady hired the "Personal Quaterback Coach" correct? In other words Brady is taking the initiative to get better. NE isn't telling him to do this, he's just doing it.

Tebow could have done this too, and has done this a little bit. However, he's known since he was in HS he wanted to play QB, what was stopping him from working on his mechanics way back then?

Yah, your arguement holds no water. Urban Meyer's job is/was to win national championships NOT PREPARE TEBOW FOR THE NFL. That's not his job. If TT has problems with his mechanics and he wants to be an NFL QB, he should have been paying a professional QB coach to help him out from HS forward.

Aaron Rodgers had the same issues. Problem is, there's no certified "NFL Style Quarterback Coaching Academy" where you get a league-approved opinion on what or how to improve.

Rodgers got taught a lot of things by quarterback coaches that he ended up having to unlearn in the end to go back more to what he did naturally. And then something sparked, and he became maybe the best in the game... and this process didn't even really start until his 3rd NFL Season.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 09:29 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Society/Pix/pictures/2010/4/21/1271861774568/Crying-Baby-001.jpg

Looks like Peyton talking about his offensive line after a playoff game. LOL

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Aaron Rodgers had the same issues. Problem is, there's no certified "NFL Style Quarterback Coaching Academy" where you get a league-approved opinion on what or how to improve.

Rodgers got taught a lot of things by quarterback coaches that he ended up having to unlearn in the end to go back more to what he did naturally. And then something sparked, and he became maybe the best in the game... and this process didn't even really start until his 3rd NFL Season.

oh BS. Hell, I could coach TT on how to throw/release the ball and footwork. This isn't some secret stuff, it's easy--EASY--to find a QB coach who can work on stuff like this with you.

I've got a friend who played QB at Princeton, mechanically he was beautiful, I could call him up and he'd be like "sure, lets go to the park and throw the ball around"

Meh, your making excuses for TT.

jhns
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
LOL

As if we didn't already know that you have nothing.

jhns
03-21-2012, 09:41 AM
I don't see 6 teams. Half of them want him for gimmick plays. And 2 of them have signed QBs since they showed interest. These teams could've been interested back in late feb. they've been shopping him since the combine. Why did Miami sign garrard instead of tebow? Why did henne sign? Niners were on that list, yet they came out 2 days ago and basically had a fit to take them off it. Keep telling yourself he's in demand to be a starter. They are going to get a low conditional pick. Like a 4-5 rounder, upgraded to 3rd based on his performance next season.

It doesn't matter. They can want him to be their expensive towel boy. Tony just claimed they had to show interest for Tebow to be a great QB. Teams have clearly shown interest.

Broncos4tw
03-21-2012, 10:17 AM

Actually, it was reported on ESPN that while 12 teams definiatively inquired about Manning, it was probably a higher # that actually had interest. Those were the 12 that were known - there was probably even more interest in him.

Why people can't at least give Manning his due boggles my mind.

jhns
03-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Actually, it was reported on ESPN that while 12 teams definiatively inquired about Manning, it was probably a higher # that actually had interest. Those were the 12 that were known - there was probably even more interest in him.

Why people can't at least give Manning his due boggles my mind.

That isn't proof of anything. You aren't following the conversation very well.

What are you even talking about with this giving Manning his due? What does it have to do with this?

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 10:33 AM
oh BS. Hell, I could coach TT on how to throw/release the ball and footwork. This isn't some secret stuff, it's easy--EASY--to find a QB coach who can work on stuff like this with you.

LOLLOLLOL

Timmy should quit dicking the dog with that flack down at UCLA. Tombstone could teach him everything he needs to know!

ROFL!

TonyR
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
That isn't proof of anything.

LOL Clearly there was as much interest in Tebow as there was in Manning. Clearly. ROFL!

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 11:03 AM
LOLLOLLOL

Timmy should quit dicking the dog with that flack down at UCLA. Tombstone could teach him everything he needs to know!

ROFL!

Point is, if I can find a QB to help me with my mechanics then TT can too. Have fun in NY homey.

lod01
03-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Tebow sucked. Good riddance.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Point is, if I can find a QB to help me with my mechanics then TT can too. Have fun in NY homey.

Problem is every coach has different ideas. Which is why even Rodgers said he had to unlearn some things he was told would 'fix' him.

I think the best coaches understand that you have to work with what a kid brings. Not try to make him look like someone else. But that's what tons of coaches try to do.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Tebow sucked. Good riddance.

Dirty Teboners have no class!

El Minion
03-21-2012, 04:04 PM

Oy vay! So if Tebow (BTW, not a fan) believes his coaches aren't coaching him up or properly correcting his flaws, he should disregard them and prepare on his own (BTW, he is (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7579979/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-working-mechanics-ucla-bruins-oc-noel-mazzone)). Also like that you expect a HS and college student athlete to able to afford QB gurus to make up for the inadequate and possibly incompetent coaching they are receiving. As if HS and college student athletes aren't already obnoxious, pampered, arrogant and presumptuous you would reinforce those qualities and give them license to be more so.

bendog
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Oy vay! So if Tebow (BTW, not a fan) believes his coaches aren't coaching him up or properly correcting his flaws, he should disregard them and prepare on his own (BTW, he is (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7579979/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-working-mechanics-ucla-bruins-oc-noel-mazzone)). Also like that you expect a HS and college student athlete to able to afford QB gurus to make up for the inadequate and possibly incompetent coaching they are receiving. As if HS and college student athletes aren't already obnoxious, pampered, arrogant and presumptuous you would reinforce those qualities and give them license to be more so.

I think the point was that just going to Mazzone's academy for a week or so is not anywhere near actually hiring a coach to work with you over a period of weeks or even months during the time you cannot have contact with the team coaching staff. As to HS and college, Tebow has a history of choosing programs that do not require a qb who can execute the offenses that most teams use. Nice kid, though.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Tried right the first time ... he said it February 23, 2012 (25 days ago now):

Here's the link, chief. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/john-elway-on-broncos-qb-tim-tebow-tims-gonna-be-the-guy-for-a-long-long-time/1#.T2mhyMV1Ln4)

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tebow-elway.jpg

Niiice, John ... and now he can't even carry a clipboard for you?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/259/094/0e8.jpg