PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Will be Traded

Bronco_Beerslug
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
NFL Channel reporting 5 teams have contacted Broncos about Tebow.
Tebow gave us something special last year but we just signed Peyton Manning.

Good luck Tebow wherever you end up but here's to the prospect of all the idiots who polluted this board and pretended to be Bronco fans, are leaving with you. bye bye :welcome:

Steve Prefontaine
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm tired of all these "Denver Tebow" fans, so let's dedicate more threads to them.

Brilliant!

snowspot66
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
We really needed this thread didn't we?

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
ever heard of the SEARCH function?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-20-2012, 02:53 PM
I'd like to know when the jags and dolphins contacted them. Before or after they just signed QBs?

cmhargrove
03-20-2012, 02:53 PM

Good luck Tebow wherever you end up but here's to the prospect of all the idiots who polluted this board and pretended to be Bronco fans, are leaving with you. bye bye :welcome:

Wait! What?

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 02:55 PM
No shortage of interest, despite what many fools on this board seemed to think. Tebow has shown flashes as a passer, is an incredible athlete, and has crazy intangibles. The Broncos may not value that, but many teams will. Too bad EFX have already low-balled themselves on his trade value (it's kind of their thing apparently).

Bronco_Beerslug
03-20-2012, 02:58 PM
No shortage of interest, despite what many fools on this board seemed to think. Tebow has shown flashes as a passer, is an incredible athlete, and has crazy intangibles. The Broncos may not value that, but many teams will. Too bad EFX have already low-balled themselves on his trade value (it's kind of their thing apparently).More interest than I thought there would be if what they are reporting is true.
His value though, to other teams is probably still the same, league wide, maybe a 5th or 6th.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-20-2012, 02:58 PM
We will see how much they value by how much they give up.

Pony Boy
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Stink on on ESPN said he has no trade value and Denver will be forced to cut him........ Stink was never the sharpest pencil in the box.

baja
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
If the trade him for a 5th then I will be pissed. That would be stupid.

peacepipe
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
just because there is interest doesn't mean its to be a starting QB.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
If the trade him for a 5th then I will be pissed. That would be stupid.

prepare your brain for a "trade him for peanuts" type of deal, especially to a FL team. I think Elway will do whats best for TT and I'm betting TT will be asked to be traded to a FL team if possible.

Old Dude
03-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Packers, Fins, Jags and Jets have all inquired. 49ers disavow any interest.

hambone13
03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
No shortage of interest, despite what many fools on this board seemed to think. Tebow has shown flashes as a passer, is an incredible athlete, and has crazy intangibles. The Broncos may not value that, but many teams will. Too bad EFX have already low-balled themselves on his trade value (it's kind of their thing apparently).

Seriously, I'm not a Manning fan at all but this is monumental. We're suddenly a contender and that's all that really matters.

Rolandftw
03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Anything short of a 3rd round pick would be disappointing.

baja
03-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Packers, Fins, Jags and Jets have all inquired. 49ers disavow any interest.

Packers?

That would be a great fan base for him though.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 03:07 PM
More interest than I thought there would be if what they are reporting is true.
His value though, to other teams is probably still the same, league wide, maybe a 5th or 6th.

His value has been shot down by EFX. Nothing more. I still won't be shocked if we get more than many expect. Tebow is a unique player with tons of upside. No one knows how good he'll become, but if people paid attention they can see that he's got a very high ceiling (and a low floor admittedly).

snowspot66
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Anything short of a 3rd round pick would be disappointing.

They wanted a 2nd for Orton and nearly got it. I would be extremely pissed if it was anything less than a 3rd. Better to hold on to him if that's the offer.

oubronco
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
His value has been shot down by EFX. Nothing more. I still won't be shocked if we get more than many expect. Tebow is a unique player with tons of upside. No one knows how good he'll become, but if people paid attention than can see that he's got a very high ceiling (and a low floor admittedly).

Along with tons of downside as well

Old Dude
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Packers?

That would be a great fan base for him though.

My understanding is that the Packers feel they can add him without any worry about Rodgers getting pressured by Tebowmania (certainly true) and that they can take plenty of time to groom him. Wouldn't be a bad place for him to develop.

Not sure who the mystery 5th team is, though Buffalo, Philly, Cleveland and T-Bay have all been suggested.

snowspot66
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Hell Charlie Whitehurst warranted a 3rd round pick last year and a swap of 2nd rounders. That guy will never do a damned thing in this league.

razorwire77
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Five teams is better than the two or three I anticipated.

I'm thinking that 5th rounder will probably become a conditional 4th rounder that could turn into a 3rd based upon snap benchmarks.

Not great compensation, but not terrible either.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Hell Charlie Whitehurst warranted a 3rd round pick last year and a swap of 2nd rounders. That guy will never do a damned thing in this league.

Pete Carroll isnt the brightest.

oubronco
Wherever he goes you better believe there will be Billboards!!!!!!!!

baja
My understanding is that the Packers feel they can add him without any worry about Rodgers getting pressured by Tebowmania (certainly true) and that they can take plenty of time to groom him. Wouldn't be a bad place for him to develop.

Not sure who the mystery 5th team is, though Buffalo, Philly, Cleveland and T-Bay have all been suggested.

I'm hoping the Broncos will have the same mind set. Rogres will play a hell of a lot longer than manning. Tim could start here in as little as 2 seasons

elsid13
His value has been shot down by EFX. Nothing more. I still won't be shocked if we get more than many expect. Tebow is a unique player with tons of upside. No one knows how good he'll become, but if people paid attention they can see that he's got a very high ceiling (and a low floor admittedly).

His value is down because of what coaches and front offices saw on the field and game tape. He might have potential to evolve into something but potential get coaches fired.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM

That was just a dumb trade by Seattle and look how it turned out for them too. If anything, this type of trade is a warning to teams and not an indication of Tebow is worth in a trade.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Five teams is better than the two or three I anticipated.

I'm thinking that 5th rounder will probably become a conditional 4th rounder that could turn into a 3rd based upon snap benchmarks.

Not great compensation, but not terrible either.

Better not say that. Then tebowites will scream the new team is sabatoging.. Keeping him on the bench so they don't have to give up higher compensation.

snowspot66
03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
That was just a dumb trade by Seattle and look how it turned out for them too. If anything, this type of trade is a warning to teams and not an indication of Tebow is worth in a trade.

It still sets the bar and there are enough other questionable moves for QB's that reinforce it. Anything less than a third is a waste of our time and resources.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 03:24 PM
His value is down because of what coaches and front offices saw on the field and game tape. He might have potential to evolve into something but potential get coaches fired.

Potential is all young, developing players have. People trading for Tebow are looking at the times he looked damn good throwing the ball (namely in 4th quarters of many games) and how he seems to have a will to win that is exceptionally rare. Obviously no one thinks Tebow is a finished product at the moment (few QB's are after 14 career starts), but watching the tape reveals a lot of negatives and positives. Some teams will have an interest in the possibility of building on those positives while minimizing the negatives. This is how talent development works. Not that the Broncos would know.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 03:26 PM
It still sets the bar and there are enough other questionable moves for QB's that reinforce it. Anything less than a third is a waste of our time and resources.

Whitehurst was an unknown and Seattle gambled and lost. TT has played an almost one full NFL season so teams know exactly what he brings to the table. That's the big difference between the Whitehurst trade and anyone trading for TT.

This is why you proclaiming TT is worth the same as Whitehurst is just silly. Two totally different situations. Also, why would teams give up anything for a player they think may be released? Nobody gave up anything for Orton and guess what, he was released.

However, if the Broncos get a 3rd for TT, I will be very happy, but I'm not counting on it.

oubronco
03-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Get the Billboards ready!!!!!!

snowspot66
03-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Whitehurst was an unknown and Seattle gambled and lost. TT has played an almost one full NFL season so teams know exactly what he brings to the table. That's the big difference between the Whitehurst trade and anyone trading for TT.

This is why you proclaiming TT is worth the same as Whitehurst is just silly. Two totally different situations. Also, why would teams give up anything for a player they think may be released? Nobody gave up anything for Orton and guess what, he was released.

However, if the Broncos get a 3rd for TT, I will be very happy, but I'm not counting on it.

Orton was released because he requested to be released and it was good for the locker room. Tebow won't be that issue. Also, teams still don't know what Tebow can or can't do. One season in a poor offense that severely lacked talent writes the entire book for him? What teams do know is he was arguably the best college player ever. That's potential worth a 3rd.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Orton was released because he requested to be released and it was good for the locker room. Tebow won't be that issue. Also, teams still don't know what Tebow can or can't do. One season in a poor offense that severely lacked talent writes the entire book for him? What teams do know is he was arguably the best college player ever. That's potential worth a 3rd.

we shall see, I hope you are right.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Team's will offer something for him to assure they get him. Waiting until he is released means they lose that control. But the way EFX has handled the whole thing pretty much assures they won't get more than a 4th. I agree.

peacepipe
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Team's will offer something for him to assure they get him. Waiting until he is released means they lose that control. But the way EFX has handled the whole thing pretty much assures they won't get more than a 4th. I agree.it wouldn't make a differance how EFX handled it,getting a 4th would be pretty damn good considering a 5th is likely the best we'll get.

Ugly Duck
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Wait! What?

I'm not sure, but I heard rumors that Denver just signed Peyton Manning....

sinuous sausage
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM

It's remarkable how few Tebow fanboys I've actually come across, and how comparatively reasonable they are to the numerous, annoying, irrational Tebow fanboy haters out there. Remarkable, and pathetic.

2KBack
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM
It's remarkable how few Tebow fanboys I've actually come across, and how comparatively reasonable they are to the numerous, annoying, irrational Tebow fanboy haters out there. Remarkable, and pathetic.

Strange, I was thinking the opposite. Perspectives are a funny thing

sinuous sausage
03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Strange, I was thinking the opposite. Perspectives are a funny thing

It's only your perspective that perspectives are a funny thing.

Read any article out there and then trawl the comment board. You will find 100+ people bitching about Tebow fanboys before you will actually find a Tebow fanboy. A great example of it is orangemane.com, if you wanna check that out. I'm in the firmly entrenched minority as a hater of Tenow fanboy haters, because those shrimp dicks need to get a fugging clue

Pony Boy
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Jets Now Very Much In The Tebow Derby

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) Multiple reports have surfaced saying that the Jets are now legitimate contenders to land Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

Late Tuesday afternoon online reports from ESPN and some of the New York City daily newspapers revealed the Jets have a genuine interest in acquiring Tebow, a player who became available when the Broncos came to an agreement with four-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning on a five-year, $96 million contract.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/reports-jets-now-very-much-in-the-tebow-derby/

teknic
03-20-2012, 05:12 PM

Read any article out there and then trawl the comment board. You will find 100+ people b****ing about Tebow fanboys before you will actually find a Tebow fanboy. A great example of it is orangemane.com, if you wanna check that out. I'm in the firmly entrenched minority as a hater of Tenow fanboy haters, because those shrimp ***** need to get a fugging clue

This.

ClamChowdah
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
I hope the Jets get Tebow, anyone who takes him without having a solid franchise QB is insane, The Jets just gave Sanchez more $$$ and the fans already boo'd him several times last year.

A few bad games and you'll have another situation like you had with Orton in Denver with the whole stadium chanting for Tebow, that'd be funny.

lolcopter
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
I hope the Jets get Tebow, anyone who takes him without having a solid franchise QB is insane, The Jets just gave Sanchez more $$$ and the fans already boo'd him several times last year.

A few bad games and you'll have another situation like you had with Orton in Denver with the whole stadium chanting for Tebow, that'd be funny.

i'm with stupid on this one

tebow taking sanchez's job would be pretty entertaining

DBroncos4life
03-20-2012, 05:24 PM

Jets fans are trash. If he gets traded he deserves better then them.

Drek
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM

You really want to take the chance that Tebow develops into the star he has the potential to become just when Brady's career is winding down?

Damn man, you really must be a poser because no Pats fan should want to take that kind of gamble.

2KBack
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM

Read any article out there and then trawl the comment board. You will find 100+ people b****ing about Tebow fanboys before you will actually find a Tebow fanboy. A great example of it is orangemane.com, if you wanna check that out. I'm in the firmly entrenched minority as a hater of Tenow fanboy haters, because those shrimp ***** need to get a fugging clue

I've checked it out. I lurked for a year before joining (back when you didn't have to register). In the 9 years that I have been coming here, there has been a constant cycle of zealot fanboyism, followed by a wave of Fanboy haters....then when said player leaves the Fanboy haters rejoice....and then there are a bunch of people that decide that is unacceptable and whine about it. Happened with Griese, happened with Plummer, happened with Cutler and happening with Tebow. The funny thing is...no one is wrong.

The fanboys exist early....the next guys drown them out...then the super elite Fanboy hater haters drown them out.

baja
03-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Jets Now Very Much In The Tebow Derby

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) Multiple reports have surfaced saying that the Jets are now legitimate contenders to land Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

Late Tuesday afternoon online reports from ESPN and some of the New York City daily newspapers revealed the Jets have a genuine interest in acquiring Tebow, a player who became available when the Broncos came to an agreement with four-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning on a five-year, $96 million contract.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/reports-jets-now-very-much-in-the-tebow-derby/

Of all the places I'd hate to see him go it's that three ring circus.

R8R H8R
03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I find it interesting that some of the teams that are supposed to have an interest in Tebow are teams that he beat. The Jets & Vikes are two of those teams, and they have good defenses.

razorwire77
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Jets fans are trash. If he gets traded he deserves better then them.
Yeah, top 5 ignorant fan base and the most vicious media in the country. Kid deserves better than that. Realistically I'm hoping he winds up in GB as Aaron Rodgers backup and a slash role type player.

barryr
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
The Packers would be interesting. I think they would be willing to use him in different ways, even at QB, and seem more creative than most.

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes the Jets would be a horrid place for Tebow to go to.. now it would be fun to hear the fans chant Tebows name when Mark Sanchez throws his interceptions.

BroncoInferno
03-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Interesting comment from Xanders:

As for an outright release?

"He's a first-round pick," Broncos general manager Brian Xanders told The Associated Press. "He's just won the division, we were 1-4 at the time, he's got a guaranteed contract. I can't see that."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7714138/new-york-jets-join-jacksonville-jaguars-others-tim-tebow-derby

bowtown
03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Interesting comment from Xanders:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7714138/new-york-jets-join-jacksonville-jaguars-others-tim-tebow-derby

They absolutely will not just cut him, but they will trade him for WHATEVER the best offer is on the table.

BroncoInferno
03-20-2012, 09:40 PM
They absolutely will not just cut him, but they will trade him for WHATEVER the best offer is on the table.

I hope not. But some have speculated that teams knowing Denver wants to unload Tebow, coupled with the fact that there is little market for him as a starter, may lead to an outright release. Mark Schlereth posits that very thing in the video that's included on the link. I hope the apparent interest from multiple teams will get us higher compensation than I expect.

DBroncos4life
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't want to trade him but, how funny would it be if we sent him to the Panthers for Jonathan Stewart? Tebow backing up Newton would piss off so many people.

bowtown
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
I hope not. But some have speculated that teams knowing Denver wants to unload Tebow, coupled with the fact that there is little market for him as a starter, may lead to an outright release. Mark Schlereth posits that very thing in the video that's included on the link. I hope the apparent interest from multiple teams will get us higher compensation than I expect.

There will be an offer. There will be multiple offers. They won't be as high as a lot of people think they should be, but we will have no problem getting at least something for him.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't want to trade him but, how funny would it be if we sent him to the Panthers for Jonathan Stewart? Tebow backing up Newton would piss off so many people.

If they would do that to Tebow it would solidify their place in the classless asshole hall of fame.

DBroncos4life
03-20-2012, 09:46 PM
If they would do that to Tebow it would solidify their place in the classless a-hole hall of fame.
LOL

bowtown
03-20-2012, 09:49 PM
If they would do that to Tebow it would solidify their place in the classless a-hole hall of fame.

In yours. In mine, getting Stewart for Tebow would be phenomenal. I want Teebs to do well, but I'm WAY more concerned about this team doing well, and getting a starting RB for our backup QB would be a fantastic move.

yerner
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM

Stewart for Tebow would be awesome.

baja
If you're really going to trade Tebow this is when you miss Shanahan's skill at that.

Broncojef
In yours. In mine, getting Stewart for Tebow would be phenomenal. I want Teebs to do well, but I'm WAY more concerned about this team doing well, and getting a starting RB for our backup QB would be a fantastic move.

Broncos need to do whats best for them and the team. Tebow will be paid a ton of money no matter where he ends up. He's a class guy and can pick his team when he becomes a free agent in a couple years.

DBroncos4life
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Stewart for Tebow would be awesome.

I agree. I doubt it happens but, man the Panthers would be getting the perfect back up for Newton.

Vegas_Bronco
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
What's Tim Tebow worth in a trade?

<LABEL>1st round pick, if not more</LABEL>14%
<LABEL>2nd round pick</LABEL>17%
<LABEL>3rd round pick</LABEL>21%
<LABEL>4th-7th round pick</LABEL>30%
<LABEL>He has no trade value</LABEL>17%

<!--Reset-->TOTAL VOTES: 31073Latest results
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/whats-tim-tebows-trade-value/1

Tebow Good For Red Zone Plays

Wherever Tim Tebow ends up, he can help teams finish drives. In 70 red zone plays with Tebow at QB last season, the Broncos scored 20 touchdowns, or just over 28 percent of their red zone plays.

Highest TD percentage in red zone
By QB, last 2 seasons*

Broncos
Tim Tebow 28.6

Jaguars
David Garrard 27.2

Colts
Peyton Manning 25.7

Packers
Aaron Rodgers 25.7

Patriots
Tom Brady 24.6

*Minimum 70 plays

Gort
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM
If you're really going to trade Tebow this is when you miss Shanahan's skill at that.

if you trade Tebow for a 5th or 6th round pick, that's basically just giving him away. 5th and 6th round picks don't make it out of training camp 99.99% of the time. not saying that this FO won't do that, because let's be honest, they've already set the precedent for dumb moves in their first year with how they handled Gaffney and LLoyd, but it would be incredibly dumb to do that again.

i don't understand why sending him to GB makes sense. in that case, it's the exact same situation Tebow is in here... he'd be behind a pocket passer who has won a SB who he is not going to unseat. if GB is clever enough to see value anyway, then we should be clever enough to see it too and keep him.

unless somebody out there wants Tebow to compete for their starting job and offers something real (3rd round or better) in return, it makes ZERO sense to get rid of him, unless Elway simply can't tolerate seeing Tebow's face for one more second.

there's never a good excuse for making dumb FO moves. never.

Requiem
03-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Denver's best route of getting value out of Tebow, in terms of getting someone worth his ability is to package him and swap selections with a team like Jacksonville.

Tebow and Denver's 2nd for Jacksonville's 2nd and perhaps a late round selection. Rumor was Broncos were hoping for a 2 and 5.

I'd just prefer a trade where Denver ships Tebow to Jacksonville and the Broncos move up for better positions in a few rounds.

baja
03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
if you trade Tebow for a 5th or 6th round pick, that's basically just giving him away. 5th and 6th round picks don't make it out of training camp 99.99% of the time. not saying that this FO won't do that, because let's be honest, they've already set the precedent for dumb moves in their first year with how they handled Gaffney and LLoyd, but it would be incredibly dumb to do that again.

i don't understand why sending him to GB makes sense. in that case, it's the exact same situation Tebow is in here... he'd be behind a pocket passer who has won a SB who he is not going to unseat. if GB is clever enough to see value anyway, then we should be clever enough to see it too and keep him.

unless somebody out there wants Tebow to compete for their starting job and offers something real (3rd round or better) in return, it makes ZERO sense to get rid of him, unless Elway simply can't tolerate seeing Tebow's face for one more second.

there's never a good excuse for making dumb FO moves. never.

Yep seems a no brainer to me and that is what they are discussing i'll bet. Keep him or get at least a ????

R8R H8R
03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
This is from a Jax local news station. It's between the Jets & Jags and thier talking 3rd rounder. I hope this is true and he goes to the Jags. That would be a win-win for everybody. Also, it is expected to be done by tomorrow. We'll see.

http://www.news4jax.com/sports/Source-Tebow-going-to-Jags-or-Jets/-/475646/9641666/-/j4vvaw/-/

"Tebow, who lost his starting job this week when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning, is expected to be dealt for a third-round pick. Several national reports have the Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers in the running for Tebow, but the source informed WKMG on Tuesday night that the trade talks were exclusively down to the Jets or Jaguars. One of those teams could end up with the standout quarterback by Wednesday."

broncocalijohn
03-20-2012, 10:31 PM

You can say that Manning shows forest fires. Huge difference in passing. EFX cant lower Tebow's worth except when they picked up HOF QB Manning. 49ers tried to do just that with much improved Alex Smith. Teams know what Tebow can and can't do and that is all on Tebow. Fox, Xanders or Elway can't change the under 50% completion rating or the great win versus the Steelers. Everyone has seen the film and know what Tim can or can't bring to their team. We just need a few teams interested to have a small bidding war.

Requiem
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Lol, I'd take a third.

baja
03-20-2012, 10:36 PM
If the Jags were willing to pick him in the 2nd when we drafted him they should be willing to pony up 2nd now after all he's answered positively some pre draft questions

Requiem
03-20-2012, 10:36 PM
^ no.

Vegas_Bronco
03-20-2012, 10:37 PM
<TABLE><TBODY><TR class=loop-odd><TD class=col-jersey rel="24">24 </TD><TD class=col-name>Revis, Darrelle (http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/Darrelle-Revis/8fa5f5d3-1063-4644-9e4f-e2e2e9695d8b)</TD><TD class=col-position>CB</TD><TD class=col-height>5-11</TD><TD class=col-weight>198</TD><TD class=col-bd>26</TD><TD class=col-exp rel="06">6 </TD><TD class=col-college>Pittsburgh</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

....lets get Revis and give them TT and a conditional 4th next year for him...forget about the draft pick - we win NOW!

baja
03-20-2012, 10:37 PM
^ no.

Do you drink every night?

Requiem
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Do you drink every night?

Yes, I drink juice and water a lot. Good stuff. Better than piss and I hear you know all about that.

Gort
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
You can say that Manning shows forest fires. Huge difference in passing. EFX cant lower Tebow's worth except when they picked up HOF QB Manning. 49ers tried to do just that with much improved Alex Smith. Teams know what Tebow can and can't do and that is all on Tebow. Fox, Xanders or Elway can't change the under 50% completion rating or the great win versus the Steelers. Everyone has seen the film and know what Tim can or can't bring to their team. We just need a few teams interested to have a small bidding war.

Tebow brings more than most people outside of Denver realize. that's why you had cocky teams coming to play us, mocking Tebow and belittling him, only to be hanging their heads as they headed for the team plane after losing to him. Oakland talked smack. the Chefs talked smack. the Jets talked smack. the Bears talked smack. the Sparklers talked smack. and before the Steelers game, everyone in the world talked smack. no matter what flaws Tebow had in his game, he still brought quite alot to the table. i don't think too many other teams understand that yet. for example, that Cromartie idiot was quoted (in the article about the Jets having interest) saying that basically the Jets didn't need Tebow and he should go find somewhere else to play. this is the same guy who could have tried to stop Tebow on his game winning run, except that he was backpeddling as fast as he could to get out of Tebow's way.

Vegas_Bronco
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Trade TT for....

Muhammad Wilkerson
DLine - 3rd Year
DL #96
<DL class=player-summary><DT>Height: 6-4</DT></DL>
<DL class=player-summary><DT>Weight:315<DT>Age:22<DT>College:Temple<DT>Experience:2</DT></DL>

baja
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes, I drink juice and water a lot. Good stuff. Better than piss and I hear you know all about that.

Why yes I do.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Lol, I'd take a third.

I would too...but I'd want a conditional pick based on TD production running or passing on his RZ plays. 0-4 TDs another 5th, 5Tds + a 4th , 8 TDs = another 3rd, and > 10 TDs = another 2nd next year.

You can't have conditions on playing time, # snaps etc, because he won't start and won't play a high %. His RZ production should be the escalators, cause that' his greatest value to a team right now.

baja
03-20-2012, 11:24 PM
If we were to keep Tebow as a back up to Peyton and a goal line situational player would give us a crazy 1 -2 punch and save wear and tear on Manning. Would Manning except that is the question.

Bacchus
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I was on a Jets message board and they were talking about Tebow. My favorite post was this one.

Dres

Yeah, sign him, Sanchez can sit back and learn the position.
March 20, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Reply (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/green-lantern-dont-laugh-but-tebow-to-jets-makes-a-lot-of-sense/?replytocom=492745#respond) | Report comment (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

ZONA
03-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Because he plays the position of QB, he'll go for at least a 3rd. Any other position then yeah it can drop off quite a bit but QB's always end up having a bit more value then you think.

ward63
03-20-2012, 11:39 PM
I like Tebow and would like to keep him, but I would not mind if they traded him to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett.

uplink
03-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Should the Jags trade for Tebow Poll?

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=701377

not looking good for Tebow

TonyR
03-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Tim Tebow, whose stardom rose to national levels this past season as he led the Denver Broncos to nine wins and a playoff defeat of the Pittsburgh Steelers, is expected to be traded to either the Jacksonville Jaguars or the New York Jets by midday on Wednesday, a source close to Tebow told Channel 4s sister station, WKMG in Orlando.

Tebow, who lost his starting job this week when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning, is expected to be dealt for a third-round pick.

http://www.news4jax.com/sports/Source-Tebow-going-to-Jags-or-Jets/-/475646/9641666/-/j4vvaw/-/

I'd be shocked if we got a 3rd for him, but that would be great.

LRtagger
03-21-2012, 07:26 AM
“@EricGoodman: BREAKING: WKMG in Orlando is reporting: #TimTebow will be traded to the Jaguars or the Jets today for a 3rd round pick”

LRtagger
03-21-2012, 07:27 AM
This that tweet is true, shouldnt we be able to get them into a bidding war?

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 07:37 AM
This that tweet is true, shouldnt we be able to get them into a bidding war?I doubt it,jets are are looking to use him as they did brad smith,in some gimic plays here & there(wildcat) & the JAGs he will go in as a back up. hard to see teams getting in a bidding war over a back up.

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Trading him for a third is pretty bad. I just hope the Jags don't make it worse by adding Gabbert.

Meck77
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Should the Jags trade for Tebow Poll?

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=701377

not looking good for Tebow

That's a small sample but I would have expected the results to be much different from a Jag team board. Not much love at all.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I'll just be glad when he's gone. Oh, the huge manatee!

BroncoInferno
03-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Trading him for a third is pretty bad.

Huh? The general consensus is that we'd be lucky to get a 5th. If Elway lands a 3rd rounder for a player no one intends to start, that would be a coup.

oubronco
03-21-2012, 08:14 AM

Schefter said Elway told him if they don't get a good enough offer they will keep him so they better come strong with offers

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Schefter said Elway told him if they don't get a good enough offer they will keep him so they better come strong with offers

just a negotiating ploy.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 08:18 AM

I hope that's true, no reason to give him away. But I'd expect they'd be very happy with a #3.

CEH
03-21-2012, 08:19 AM
There was talk NYJ wanted him to help with the lockerroom. Bad move on NYJ ios that is the reason they want TRT. I like Tim and hope he can go back to where he wants to go JAX. He'll have the best of all. Hometown and a bunch of backups to compete with

HooptyHoops
03-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Loved last year and will always look favorably on Tim Tebow. He belongs in Jacksonville and I'm hoping for some great compensation coming the Broncos way!!

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:23 AM
I'll just be glad when he's gone. Oh, the huge manatee!

I think you were saying that in September.

lolcopter
03-21-2012, 08:24 AM
I like Tebow and would like to keep him, but I would not mind if they traded him to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett.

Meth is for white trash

Do not want

WolfpackGuy
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Hold him until the deadline.

Carmelo15
03-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Incarcerated Bob:
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:

Broncos have alerted three teams they can have Tebow if

they up offers to a 3rdRd or 4thRd pick this year. The Jets

are said to be willing to go up to a 4th (Not sure on 3rd yet) :

Browns are offering a 5th & they may not budge... The Eagles

are reportedly offering a 5th & next years 5th that could

become as high as a 4th : Jags are making offer today & the

word is they will give up a 4th this year & if pushed they

will be willing to give up a 3rd : Right now the #IBN gut

feeling is the Jets get this deal done before the week is over.

baja
03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
I are hoping it's Jac. for Tebow's sake and I don't want to have to watch Jets games to see him play. My greatest hope from a selfish stand point is that we keep him.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Do what's right for TT, trade him to the Jags for a 5th, if need be. However, if the Jags offer a 4th, jump on it EFX!

TheDave
03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
If JE manages a 3rd he should immediately be awarded FO Exec of the year.

God Bless John Elway

enjolras
03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Do what's right for TT, trade him to the Jags for a 5th, if need be. However, if the Jags offer a 4th, jump on it EFX!

Absolutely not. Do what's right for the Denver Broncos and trade him for the best possible deal.

CEH
03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Anything over a 5th say 4th or 3rd the owner wants Tebow. Football guys like the Eagles know what's what a 5th. For Denver it doesn't matter. A 3rd would be outstanding

Drunk Monkey
03-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Absolutely not. Do what's right for the Denver Broncos and trade him for the best possible deal.

rep

rbackfactory80
03-21-2012, 08:40 AM
I are hoping it's Jac. for Tebow's sake and I don't want to have to watch Jets games to see him play. My greatest hope from a selfish stand point is that we keep him.

I think the Jets are a good situation for Tebow. They have a solid D and have a running philosophy. Not to mention the pressure from the fan-base after Sanchez throws another pick 4 game to start him.

The Jets seem to be the anti-Broncos. They want tebowmania as an excuse to bench Sanchez. All Sanchez's contract re-negotiations seem like attempts to keep him happy and are not really ringing endorsements of their faith in him as the starter.

oubronco
03-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Could you imagine the Billboards in NY

ScottXray
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Damn it all....there have to be next year conditionals...based on TD production.

a third is the minimum we should accept, and a bonus pick next year. He still is a starting and playoff winning QB, and those should not go cheap just becasue the GM is down on his ability.

Tebow is a Threat in the red zone, whether he is starting QB or not.

The FO is showing their dedication to getting rid of him no matter what. We should NOT make a bad move just because of Elways mistrust and the circus
that can surround TT. This is a fire sale that doesn't have to happen right NOW.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
I think the Jets are a good situation for Tebow. They have a solid D and have a running philosophy. Not to mention the pressure from the fan-base after Sanchez throws another pick 4 game to start him.

The Jets seem to be the anti-Broncos. They want tebowmania as an excuse to bench Sanchez. All Sanchez's contract re-negotiations seem like attempts to keep him happy and are not really ringing endorsements of their faith in him as the starter.

The probably also remember that Thursday Night game in Denver. I know I always will. :)

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Damn it all....there have to be next year conditionals...based on TD production.

a third is the minimum we should accept, and a bonus pick next year. He still is a starting and playoff winning QB, and those should not go cheap just becasue the GM is down on his ability.

The FO is showing their dedication to getting rid of him no matter what. We should NOT make a bad move just because of Elways mistrust and the circus
that can surround TT. This is a fire sale that doesn't have to happen right NOW.

The FO dicked this up by signalling that they're dumping Tebow one way or another. They'll say differently now at the last minute, but everyone sees it for what it is.

Old Dude
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
So long as they have multiple bidders, they'll get fair market value.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:49 AM
So long as they have multiple bidders, they'll get fair market value.

Jax will offer whatever they have to. If the Broncos said, we'll take nothing less than a 2nd, or we'll keep him (and seemed to mean it), they would get it from Jax. I don't think the Jets would go that high.

Unfortunately, they've spent the last couple days clearing the exits for Timmy, so everyone knows what the plan is.

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm hearing on The Fan (104.3) that it may be the Jags for a 3rd.

55CrushEm
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM

Agreed.

spdirty
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Hope he goes to Jacksonville.

Kaylore
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM
TheFan has a local Jacksonville guy saying the reports of the third round pick aren't accurate. Apparently the guy from Orlando who reported it likes to wave his arms around and try and make predictions before they are factual.

orangeatheist
03-21-2012, 08:56 AM
TheFan has a local Jacksonville guy saying the reports of the third round pick aren't accurate. Apparently the guy from Orlando who reported it likes to wave his arms around and try and make predictions before they are factual.

Well that sucks!

Gort
03-21-2012, 08:58 AM

wait. are you saying that something on the internet is not true? this is a shocking new development.

;)

BroncoInferno
03-21-2012, 08:59 AM

I had a feeling. Apparently, according to Scheffter, Elway told teams we would keep Tebow if we didn't get a fair offer. Just what Elway means by "fair offer" remains to be seen. Honestly, I'd rather keep Tebow than take less than a 4th, but the question is whether or not the team could figure out a way to keep Tebowmania from being a distraction.

TheDave
03-21-2012, 09:05 AM
I had a feeling. Apparently, according to Scheffter, Elway told teams we would keep Tebow if we didn't get a fair offer. Just what Elway means by "fair offer" remains to be seen. Honestly, I'd rather keep Tebow than take less than a 4th, but the question is whether or not the team could figure out a way to keep Tebowmania from being a distraction.

and there is the biggest problem for Tebow... anywhere he goes the nuts will follow.

ScottXray
03-21-2012, 09:07 AM

That is easy...you ask Tebow to quell it with a public statement that he is here to be the backup QB and that he wants to sit and learn behind two of the greatest the game has ever seen. Until he is ready to take over, and the the team gives him his chance, that he needs time to improve his game, so stop with the uproar.

Tebow would do that much.

But sadly, it seems that Elway just doesn't like to talk with Tim in an upfront manner, or think that he can improve.

BroncoInferno
03-21-2012, 09:10 AM
That is easy...you ask Tebow to quell it with a public statement that he is here to be the backup QB and that he wants to sit and learn behind two of the greatest the game has ever seen. Until he is ready to take over, and the the team gives him his chance, that he needs time to improve his game, so stop with the uproar.

But sadly, it seems that Elway just doesn't like to talk with Tim in an upfront manner, or think that he can improve.

Well, you give the rabid Tebowners more credit than I do.

bendog
03-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Elway drew the line in the sand seperating us from the broncos. It's clear where HIS loyalty lies.

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Well, you give the rabid Tebowners more credit than I do.

Most have said that if we legitimately believed this team would keep Tebow behind Manning, we'd be thrilled with the whole thing.

The reason believers in Tebow have a problem with this is because it was clear the team wouldn't do that.

And so far we've been proven right. But I'd love to be wrong. There were some who believed this could happen. I think even they've seen now that that was never in the cards (considering Honest John was shopping Tebow while Manning was still a Colt)

spdirty
03-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Elway drew the line in the sand seperating us from the broncos. It's clear where HIS loyalty lies.

His loyalty lies with the best interests of the Broncos and winning Super Bowls. He wants to be the greatest executive of all time and he's off to a fantastic start.

spdirty
03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Most have said that if we legitimately believed this team would keep Tebow behind Manning, we'd be thrilled with the whole thing.

The reason believers in Tebow have a problem with this is because it was clear the team wouldn't do that.

And so far we've been proven right. But I'd love to be wrong. There were some who believed this could happen. I think even they've seen now that that was never in the cards (considering Honest John was shopping Tebow while Manning was still a Colt)

Why would you want Tebow to be a backup for 3-5 years when he could have a chance to start somewhere else? He needs to play. Playing and making mistakes and learning from those mistakes will do much more for him than sitting in a meeting or a film room with Peyton Manning and being a cheerleader on the sidelines.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 09:25 AM
The NY media will eat him alive. NY times better go hide all those anti religion articles.

bendog
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Stabbing Tim in the back is not worth some trophy.

http://www.turnbacktogod.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/the-ten-commandments-1956-movie-04.jpg

Gort
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
and there is the biggest problem for Tebow... anywhere he goes the nuts will follow.

ok. i guess i didn't get the memo. what is Elway's home phone number? because you guys act as if tebow fans are personally making Elway's life a living hell. surely they must be calling him at all hours demanding that the horse be removed from the top of Invesco/SAF and a marble statue of Tebow be installed in its place.

let's get real for a minute. Tebow's superfans, assuming there really is such a thing, talk about Tebow to their friends at work, on internet message boards, or on call-in radio shows. they do not get a seat at Dove Valley during press conferences to ask questions. Elway doesn't interact with these superfans at all. he interacts with media people... TV, Radio, and newspaper. if Elway is sick of Tebow questions, it's because of the media people. the media people are making money off of Tebow. they are the ones stoking any controversy. the TV guys do it to sell ads. the radio guys do it to fill time and sell ads. the newspaper guys do it to fill columns and sell ads. i'm a longtime Broncos fan and now a Tebow fan and i couldn't put pressure on Elway if i wanted to. i have no way of expressing my opinion to him. he doesn't read this site (which by the way also sells ads) and i don't have his home number. so can we cut the BS about how Tebow fans are making a circus? this is about media people creating a circus for their own benefit. if Elway can't handle pressure from media people at this stage of his public life, then Elway needs a wakeup call. once Tebow is gone, there will be something else for the media people to stir up to cause controversy and sell ad time/newspapers.

Elway straight up doesn't like Tebow as an NFL QB. Elway has always been taught that an NFL QB has to look a certain way, throw a certain way, do certain things. he fit the mold and he buys into this view 100%. the idea that Tebow could be successful without fitting that mold is threatening. this is why guys like Esiason couldn't get past their own biases about Tebow. it would undermine everything they believe about the NFL and also undermine their status as experts. this is a shame too, because alot of people have done great things by thinking outside of the box. just look at the Wright Brothers. they were told that man would never fly. they didn't accept that conventional wisdom and proved it wrong. over and over again, throughout history, people have succeeded (and failed) by not accepting conventional wisdom. if Tebow is going to have a chance in the league, he needs to find somebody willing to be unconventional. that's not Elway and that's why Elway doesn't want to spend time or resources on trying to make Tebow successful. alot of people will applaud him for that. i personally don't, but i'm in the minority. Bowlen hired Elway. Elway is following the only strategy he knows for getting back to a SB. it is what it is. the Manning era has begun. Tebow is being tossed out the door to be somebody else's "risky" experiment (from Elway's point of view). i don't have to like it, i just have to get used to it.

but this is not a move being dictated by fans calling into radio shows or posting on internet forums. that's giving fans more power over the decisions in Dove Valley than they've ever had.

bendog
03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Tim will revoluntize how the position is played. But not in Denver .... Elway's even married to a Raiderette. He might even be a secret muslim.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Tim will revoluntize how the TE/HB position is played. But not in Denver .... Elway's even married to a Raiderette. He might even be a secret muslim.

FYP

houghtam
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM
this is about media people creating a circus for their own benefit. if Elway can't handle pressure from media people at this stage of his public life, then Elway needs a wakeup call. once Tebow is gone, there will be something else for the media people to stir up to cause controversy and sell ad time/newspapers.

Let's not also forget how much money the Broncos organization is making off the Tebow "circus".

houghtam
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm a Go-tard.

FYP

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
The broncos bringing in Caleb hanie for a visit. Clearly that shows this team doesn't want tebow around even if it means bringing in a backup that's less talented.

Mediator12
03-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Tim will revoluntize how the position is played. But not in Denver .... Elway's even married to a Raiderette. He might even be a secret muslim.

Dude, what is up with you? Are you serious? I do not see any sarcasm smilies.

bendog
03-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm channeling Tewbowites. I'm trying to work up a downside to signing Manning. It's hard work, and it's not working.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I hear a lot of assumptions and implications that Elway has something personal against Tebow. Judging by all his actions so far, I think what Elway said the other day is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth: While personally thinking that Tebow is a "great kid," he's making the decision he thinks is best for the franchise. I still envision that a meeting took place at the end of last season and Elway asked Fox, McCoy and Gase whether they thought Tebow could be the QBOTF for the Broncos. He got three noes. He agreed with that assessment. Time to move on.

baja
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM

This is why we should keep him and he can learn behind PM.

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM

That's a little over the top! But funny never the less. I do wonder about the raider cheerleader? But he is a Morman and maybe he and Tebow did not see eye to eye on religion! :-)

lolcopter
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
That's a little over the top! But funny never the less. I do wonder about the raider cheerleader? But he is a Morman and maybe he and Tebow did not see eye to eye on religion! :-)

What? Elway is Mormon? This is news to me

Not that there's anything wrong with it

baja
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Why would you want Tebow to be a backup for 3-5 years when he could have a chance to start somewhere else? He needs to play. Playing and making mistakes and learning from those mistakes will do much more for him than sitting in a meeting or a film room with Peyton Manning and being a cheerleader on the sidelines.

There is no guarantee as to how long the 36 year old injured PM will play. Tebow is Plan B too bad Elway doesn't see a need for a back up plan.

Will you enjoy watching Tebow winning a SB with another team?

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 09:58 AM

But sadly, it seems that Elway just doesn't like to talk with Tim in an upfront manner, or think that he can improve.tebow wouldn't say anything publicly back when KO was QB. what makes you think he'll say anything now.

TheDave
03-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Elway straight up doesn't like Tebow as an NFL QB...

Your not paying attention... The NFL "straight up doesn't like Tebow as an NFL QB." He is young, popular, has intangibles beyond belief, and just turned a 1-4 team into a playoff winning team... Yet oddly no one is offering much of anything for him. Why is that?

Because he isn't very good and he is followed around by countless "fans" who think and speak otherwise... Every team knows the second your starter throws a pick every radio station, message board, and news outlet is going to be swamped with people begging him to start. Like it or not that is the definition of a distraction.

bendog
03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Tebow to Philly----

Vick, “Hey, you my new backup?”

Tim, “Yes, Mike. I’m Tim Tebow.”

Vick, “It’s Ron to you.”

Tim, “Ron? You want me to call you Ron?”

Vick, “Yeah, all my bitches call me Ron.”

Tim, “I’ll pray for you.”

Vick, “**** ME.”

Tim, “I’m saving myself for my life mate.”

Vick, “**** WHAT?”

Tim, “I can’t have sex with you. It would not please my Lord and Saviour.”

Vick, “****, man. Why’d I wanna have sex with you?”

Tim, “I have no idea. Man sex is a sin, and so is sex before marriage between a man and a woman. But, I don’t judge. I just want to sing out praise to God.”

Vick, “You ain’t never been in prison.”

Tim, “Oh pray outside Supermax lots of times. I pray the Holy Ghost comes to the Blind Shiek.”

Vick, “Bet that worked as good as me praying I didn’t get my **** pushed.”

Tim, “But God never gives up.”

Vick, “That mutha****ah didn’t either. I was kneeling for a week cause I couldn’t sit.”

Tim, “Maybe the Lord was speaking to you but you didn’t listen.”

Vick stares at him hard. “Bitch, you be glad I’m still on parole. Now listen up, you wanna run with my pack you gotta fight my dog.”

Tim, “But the Lord gave us dogs to be our companions. I wouldn’t hurt a dog.”

Vick, “No man, it ain’t you and the dog fighting, it’s your dog fighting my dog.”

Tim, “Well, I really don’t have a dog. I don’t have time what with all the working out and visiting sick children.”

Vick, “Why be around sick kids? You could catch something that way . .. . Hey, man, you could take their Ritalin and ****.”

Tim, “No, I just try to cheer them up so they don’t feel so bad.”

Vick stares at him hard. “Rasheed, bring Black Satan over here.”

A black man with enormous biceps and shoulders but tiny skinny legs walks over holding a chain leading a black pit bull that weighs nearly 100 pounds with one ear totally torn off and part of a lip missing exposing an three inch yellowed fang.

Vick, “Now listen, bitch, cause this is how it works. You get a dog, and it fights Black Satan. If your dog kills Black Satan, then it’s the boss dog. But that ain’t gonna happen, cause Black Satan never loses.”

Tim holds out a hand, palm down fingers extended, towards Black Satan.

Rasheed, “**** man, don’t do that! Black Satan leave you with a stub!”

Black Satan sits, and the lies down, and rolls over on his back, his enormous tongue rolls out of his mangled lip.

Tim, “You see. He’s calm now and doesn’t feel so bad.”

Vick, “****.”

Rasheed, “Wow Mike, he’s kinda cute, don’t you think?” Rasheed pets Black Satan’s stomach, and Black Satan wags his stump tail.

Vick, “****, White Bitch, you’re dangerous. You ruined my Dog AND Rasheed!

lolcopter
03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Your not paying attention... The NFL "straight up doesn't like Tebow as an NFL QB." He is young, popular, has intangibles beyond belief, and just turned a 1-4 team into a playoff winning team... Yet oddly no one is offering much of anything for him. Why is that?

Because he isn't very good and he is followed around by countless "fans" who think and speak otherwise... Every team knows the second your starter throws a pick every radio station, message board, and news outlet is going to be swamped with people begging him to start. Like it or not that is the definition of a distraction.

That, and his passes often resemble punts

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 10:01 AM

TheDave
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
That, and his passes often resemble punts

You should have seen him in camp... ROFL!

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
There is no guarantee as to how long the 36 year old injured PM will play. Tebow is Plan B too bad Elway doesn't see a need for a back up plan.

Will you enjoy watching Tebow winning a SB with another team?

Psssht Pffft.

They're Broncos fans god damn it. And being a REAL Broncos fan means getting rid of Tim Tebow!!!

jhns
03-21-2012, 10:05 AM
You should have seen him in camp... ROFL!

Why don't you tell us again how Orton is way better... You sure are a good judge of QBs based on camp performances!...

Old Dude
This is why we should keep him and he can learn behind PM.

There's a good deal of logic to this, but the main guy who has to be on board is Tebow himself.

I think he sees himself as an NFL quarterback who should be starting for someone right now, and I think he'd rather try to improve through reps in practice and experience on the field rather than through film study and clipboard duty.

In short, I just don't think he's going to settle for sitting behind Manning for the next two or three years.

We can't really fault him for that. It's in his competitive nature, and he's already had some success. He probably could take over the starting job in Jax, Cleveland, Buffalo or Miami. He might even have a shot at that with teams like the Jets, Cards or Vikes.

My read of the situation is that some of the pressure for a trade is coming from Tebow himself.

Gort

yes, that's true. much of the mocking by fellow and former NFL players was due to the fact that Tebow was not the prototypical NFL QB. some of it was due to jealousy. some guys didn't think Tebow deserved the amount of press he got for being in the league as short a time as he was. we know this exists because Brandon Marshall admitted as much when he was here... he admitted that he had meltdowns when he saw other WRs getting publicity instead of him. so the jealousy stuff is there.

but more to your point, the NFL is a risk averse league. when somebody else is successful, you copy what they are doing. very few guys are willing to do something unconventional, because if they fail, it's their neck. like Glanville once said... NFL stands for Not For Long if you're not successful. Tebow's skill set will only find a place in the NFL with a coach who isn't afraid of failure or has no better options. that's not alot of places.

i don't think the fans have much, if any, sway. in some ways, we're lucky Fox is an easy going guy. he was willing to make changes to the offense midstream. most coaches are control freaks. it's their way, or... well no other options, it's just always their way. if fans bother them, it's only because they aren't interested in hearing anybody criticize anything they do. but i still don't think the fans have any real input. the media, yes. the fans, no. the media will create a controversy out of thin air when they need to.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Psssht Pffft.

They're Broncos fans god damn it. And being a REAL Broncos fan means getting rid of Tim Tebow!!!

weak, again with the weak sauce. Being a Broncos fan means accepting that Manning is the best chance at winning another SB. We all love TT but acknowledge Manning is a better QB.

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 10:11 AM

I heard this probably 1992 or around there, maybe he's not anymore? But I betcha he votes for Romney! :-)

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
weak, again with the weak sauce. Being a Broncos fan means accepting that Manning is the best chance at winning another SB. We all love TT but acknowledge Manning is a better QB.

Well because of fans like him season tickets become available.

Cito Pelon
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm channeling Tewbowites. I'm trying to work up a downside to signing Manning. It's hard work, and it's not working.

Well, PM's strength isn't back yet from the surgery, that's a little important.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20219025/manning-has-lot-work-do-neck-but-broncos

I hope they don't trade Tebow just because they think that's the fair thing to do. They should probably just say no to any offers, IMO. Why trade a guy you KNOW can win NFL games, and hopefully makes some strides with his passing game?

baja
03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
ok. i guess i didn't get the memo. what is Elway's home phone number? because you guys act as if tebow fans are personally making Elway's life a living hell. surely they must be calling him at all hours demanding that the horse be removed from the top of Invesco/SAF and a marble statue of Tebow be installed in its place.

let's get real for a minute. Tebow's superfans, assuming there really is such a thing, talk about Tebow to their friends at work, on internet message boards, or on call-in radio shows. they do not get a seat at Dove Valley during press conferences to ask questions. Elway doesn't interact with these superfans at all. he interacts with media people... TV, Radio, and newspaper. if Elway is sick of Tebow questions, it's because of the media people. the media people are making money off of Tebow. they are the ones stoking any controversy. the TV guys do it to sell ads. the radio guys do it to fill time and sell ads. the newspaper guys do it to fill columns and sell ads. i'm a longtime Broncos fan and now a Tebow fan and i couldn't put pressure on Elway if i wanted to. i have no way of expressing my opinion to him. he doesn't read this site (which by the way also sells ads) and i don't have his home number. so can we cut the BS about how Tebow fans are making a circus? this is about media people creating a circus for their own benefit. if Elway can't handle pressure from media people at this stage of his public life, then Elway needs a wakeup call. once Tebow is gone, there will be something else for the media people to stir up to cause controversy and sell ad time/newspapers.

Elway straight up doesn't like Tebow as an NFL QB. Elway has always been taught that an NFL QB has to look a certain way, throw a certain way, do certain things. he fit the mold and he buys into this view 100%. the idea that Tebow could be successful without fitting that mold is threatening. this is why guys like Esiason couldn't get past their own biases about Tebow. it would undermine everything they believe about the NFL and also undermine their status as experts. this is a shame too, because alot of people have done great things by thinking outside of the box. just look at the Wright Brothers. they were told that man would never fly. they didn't accept that conventional wisdom and proved it wrong. over and over again, throughout history, people have succeeded (and failed) by not accepting conventional wisdom. if Tebow is going to have a chance in the league, he needs to find somebody willing to be unconventional. that's not Elway and that's why Elway doesn't want to spend time or resources on trying to make Tebow successful. alot of people will applaud him for that. i personally don't, but i'm in the minority. Bowlen hired Elway. Elway is following the only strategy he knows for getting back to a SB. it is what it is. the Manning era has begun. Tebow is being tossed out the door to be somebody else's "risky" experiment (from Elway's point of view). i don't have to like it, i just have to get used to it.

but this is not a move being dictated by fans calling into radio shows or posting on internet forums. that's giving fans more power over the decisions in Dove Valley than they've ever had.

Excellent post. So little gratitude by the general fan base for what Tebow did last for the Broncos. Sad really. I hope Elway does the right thing by Tebow and accommodates him as to where he wants to go he has earned that. I will follow Tebows career where ever he goes. I hope like you do it's to a team that appreciates his tremendous talents and intangibles.

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 10:18 AM

I heard this probably 1992 or around there, maybe he's not anymore? But I betcha he votes for Romney! :-)

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

While Tebow would have value to Denver as a backup, it appears the Broncos are determined to send him elsewhere. Here are the most logical landing spots.

RANK

JETS

Why the Jets are a good fit: No team craves headlines and "juice" more than the Jets. Tebow would own New York and help owner Woody Johnson build the Jets brand. New offensive coordinator Tony Sparano coached the original Wildcat formation in Miami, and Tebow could fit in with a run-first approach.

Why the Jets are a bad fit: Jets fans, not to mention the tabloids, would call for Mark Sanchez's benching after the first bad pass of the year. The Jets are trying to cut down on distractions, not create them.

Latest news: A league source told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi that the Jets have serious interest in trading for Tebow.

RANK

JAGUARS

Why the Jaguars are a good fit: The prodigal son returns? Jaguars owner Shad Khan previously said the team would have drafted Tebow if Khan was around in 2010. There isn't obvious room for Tebow in Jacksonville (see below), but ownership could push to make room in an effort to sell tickets to a fan base that needs inspiration.

Why the Jaguars are a bad fit: The Jaguars' front office reportedly has no interest in Tebow, and the team just signed Chad Henne to compete with Blaine Gabbert.

Latest news: Tebow reportedly told a close friend he would love to play in Florida again.

Meck77
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM

Horse shiat. No way good ole boy Elway is a mormon. He likes to party too much.

DBroncos4life
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
I've always wanted Tebow to have time to develop. McD wanted it as well. Kyle Orton sucking so bad is the reason why we are in this mess. The media and fans storm didn't and won't give us the chance to do the proper thing and develop him.

Now I know there are fans that think that the only way you do this is by playing time. I'm sorry dumbing down the system the way we did wasn't good for him. All it did was show that he wasn't ready and winning showed that the TEAM was better then we thought so it gave the FO reason to believe it could win sooner then later.

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM

he's not a mormon. he drinks.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2012, 10:22 AM
I see no good reason to trade him unless in includes two DT's or a first rounder in the upcoming draft. He costs little and the upside is amazing.

bendog
03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
he's not a mormon. he drinks.

and LIES

Gutless Drunk
03-21-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.southstandsdenver.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=885:no-wonder-john-elway-doesnt-read-his-timeline&Itemid=1

Here are a few Tweets from the past 4 hours found by searching @JohnElway. By the way, 111 new entries rolled in as I was working on this post.

I've lost all respect for @johnelway today. I can't believe such horrible action coming from someone i admired

@johnelway I HATE YOU!

@johnelway ever since I was a kid I did not like you and never knew why until now. Hope I dont see u in church again.

@johnelway you suck

@johnelway there is nothing like a mans word you took it back what a coward

@johnelway **** you....taking back your word saying you wouldnt trade tim

@johnelway forgets people actually wore BAGS on their heads when he was in his first 3 years as #Denver QB! Mr. EGO is quick 2 Kick #Tebow!

SUCKS THAT @johnelway IS SUCH A DUMBASS!

@johnelway You were great. Sorry to say not so any longer IMHO. Think you have done a big disservice to Tebow, Broncos and Colorado.

@johnelway funny story.....remember how you said you were gonna work with Tim Tebow.... Geez, no respect for you.

@johnelway you go right ahead and pay 90-95 million for someone who only needs to take one good shot to be paralyzed for life. #caring

**** you @johnelway we still love you @timtebow

@johnelway is the MOST ARROGANT SPORTS PLAYER EVER! Don't be jealous of @TimTebow, a GENUINELY GOOD GUY! He will do great things! GO TEBOW!!

@johnelway you made the biggest mistake that you have ever made, you lie to all fans and I know and so do you , pay back to you soon

@johnelway this tells the story, you know Tebow will be a QB better than you ever were! That's why you HAD to take Manning. #TEBOW

@johnelway Will make it simple, if the Broncos trade Tebow, I hope the Broncos lose every game Manning plays in.

@johnelway broncos fans will leave if tebow is singed off o some other team

@johnelway ICAN BELIVE THAT YOU GONNA GET THIS MANING AND GET TEBOW OUT.FROM TODAY IM SHOPPING FOR A NEW TEAM IM FOLLOW TEBOW

If you trade Tim tebow you will lose slot off fans @johnelway

@johnelway hey Elway, do the right thing and let Tebow go to a team that deserves him!

@johnelway you should not have done what you did to tebow. I am not happy with you right now what you did to tebow you lied to his face.

@johnelway we are going to be laughing stock of the NFL. Thanks a lot John.

@johnelway didn't like you way back and you confirmed my first impression

@johnelway biggest mistake u ever made ur a liar and a fake no superbowls for u book it u and jordan joke for gms good luck u will need it

@johnelway you suck for trading tebow you fat inglorious ****. your team will go 0 and 16.

@johnelway just another a-hole who doesn't care about his players ! Forever a tebow fan even if he moves to a different team

@johnelway I just lost all respect for you, your a scared little prick.

@johnelway will rule the day when he gets rid of timmy tebow!!!! **** john and that dirty stanky **** face horse he rode on!!!

@johnelway YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A LIAR, A FAKE, A FRAUD, AND A TOTAL JERK!!!! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR YOU!

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Excellent post. So little gratitude by the general fan base for what Tebow did last for the Broncos. Sad really. I hope Elway does the right thing by Tebow and accommodates him as to where he wants to go he has earned that. I will follow Tebows career where ever he goes. I hope like you do it's to a team that appreciates his tremendous talents and intangibles.

i honestly can't say for sure Tebow will have a long successful career. bu there is enough talent evident even now to see that he's worth the risk for the right kind of coach. one other thing not often mentioned is how alot of Tebow's so-called poor throws were actually thrown that way so that if our receiver couldn't make a play on it, no defender could either. Tebow was very conscious about not turning the ball over and did really well in that area in most games (until he got fumblitis late in the season). very few rookie QBs are that safe with the ball. remember Cutler? that guy would throw an INT and shrug his shoulders like it was not a big deal. that'll be a key attribute of his if he's successful... he may become the anti-Favre. a guy who rarely turns the ball over. that alone improves the odds of his team winning with him.

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.southstandsdenver.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=885:no-wonder-john-elway-doesnt-read-his-timeline&Itemid=1

Here are a few Tweets from the past 4 hours found by searching @JohnElway. By the way, 111 new entries rolled in as I was working on this post.

I've lost all respect for @johnelway today. I can't believe such horrible action coming from someone i admired

@johnelway I HATE YOU!

@johnelway ever since I was a kid I did not like you and never knew why until now. Hope I dont see u in church again.

@johnelway you suck

@johnelway forgets people actually wore BAGS on their heads when he was in his first 3 years as #Denver QB! Mr. EGO is quick 2 Kick #Tebow!

@johnelway You were great. Sorry to say not so any longer IMHO. Think you have done a big disservice to Tebow, Broncos and Colorado.

@johnelway funny story.....remember how you said you were gonna work with Tim Tebow.... Geez, no respect for you.

@johnelway you go right ahead and pay 90-95 million for someone who only needs to take one good shot to be paralyzed for life. #caring

@johnelway is the MOST ARROGANT SPORTS PLAYER EVER! Don't be jealous of @TimTebow, a GENUINELY GOOD GUY! He will do great things! GO TEBOW!!

@johnelway you made the biggest mistake that you have ever made, you lie to all fans and I know and so do you , pay back to you soon

@johnelway this tells the story, you know Tebow will be a QB better than you ever were! That's why you HAD to take Manning. #TEBOW

@johnelway Will make it simple, if the Broncos trade Tebow, I hope the Broncos lose every game Manning plays in.

@johnelway ICAN BELIVE THAT YOU GONNA GET THIS MANING AND GET TEBOW OUT.FROM TODAY IM SHOPPING FOR A NEW TEAM IM FOLLOW TEBOW

@johnelway hey Elway, do the right thing and let Tebow go to a team that deserves him!

@johnelway you should not have done what you did to tebow. I am not happy with you right now what you did to tebow you lied to his face.

@johnelway biggest mistake u ever made ur a liar and a fake no superbowls for u book it u and jordan joke for gms good luck u will need it

@johnelway you suck for trading tebow you fat inglorious ****. your team will go 0 and 16.

@johnelway just another a-hole who doesn't care about his players ! Forever a tebow fan even if he moves to a different team

@johnelway will rule the day when he gets rid of timmy tebow!!!! **** john and that dirty stanky **** face horse he rode on!!!

@johnelway YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A LIAR, A FAKE, A FRAUD, AND A TOTAL JERK!!!! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR YOU!

i have one question... who explained to BroncBow how to use twitter?

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Funny thing is, the best way to end that hostility would be to do the right thing and say "Unless Tim demands a trade, we plan to keep him and help develop him as our long-term option, because we believe he has tremendous value to the organization"

Then talk it over with Tim, who I'm sure would make a public statement saying all the right things. Situation handled.

The hostility is because that's not going to happen. Because Elway wants Tim gone, and his actions don't meet his words. And shipping Timmy doesn't solve that. It just locks the hostility in for the long term.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2012, 10:31 AM

@johnelway I HATE YOU!

@johnelway you suck

To bad Tebow fans can't act like Tebow. I guess this means Tim really isn't a role model. People follow role models.

peacepipe
03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Funny thing is, the best way to end that hostility would be to do the right thing and say "Unless Tim demands a trade, we plan to keep him and help develop him as our long-term option, because we believe he has tremendous value to the organization"
Then talk it over with Tim, who I'm sure would make a public statement saying all the right things. Situation handled.

The hostility is because that's not going to happen. Because Elway wants Tim gone, and his actions don't meet his words. And shipping Timmy doesn't solve that. It just locks the hostility in for the long term.I wouldn't waste a second,dismissing this crap. get rid of tebow & his fans will follow. these people are obviously not bronco fans.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't waste a second,dismissing this crap. get rid of tebow & his fans will follow. these people are obviously not bronco fans.

They can't even walk the tebow walk.

Darkhawk24
Tebow fans usually do more harm for Tim then anything.

Rolandftw
but more to your point, the NFL is a risk averse league. when somebody else is successful, you copy what they are doing. very few guys are willing to do something unconventional, because if they fail, it's their neck. like Glanville once said... NFL stands for Not For Long if you're not successful. Tebow's skill set will only find a place in the NFL with a coach who isn't afraid of failure or has no better options. that's not alot of places.

I agree with all of this. The NFL has a very rigid standard of what works. If you don't meet that standard, then very few coaches are willing to risk their reputation to prove everyone wrong. It's getting better; at least you're not automatically relegated to the CFL if you're Drew Brees height.

I've said from the beginning that you have to be all in on Tebow. There's not going to be many analysts that are going to think he can succeed, and not many free agents that are going to want to join a Tebow led team. Football is a violent sport. Few players are going to want to put their body on the line for a team that gets mocked and ridiculed by the rest of the league.

I hope Tebow finds a team that is willing to develop him, like Green Bay or Philadelphia. A lot of his game can be improved with great coaching. Needs to be somewhere that has an established QB, so a fan base won't be clamoring for Tebow to come in and start.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Here are a few Tweets from the past 4 hours found by searching

Yikes! That's like Chris Crocker on steroids.

Cito Pelon
03-21-2012, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Gutless Drunk;3532068]http://www.southstandsdenver.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=885:no-wonder-john-elway-doesnt-read-his-timeline&Itemid=1

No reason to repeat all that, that's some nasty stuff. So I see the reasoning behind letting Tebow go for a cheese sandwich even though it's better to keep him.

2KBack
03-21-2012, 10:37 AM

@johnelway I HATE YOU!

@johnelway you suck

Yeah....the Tebow nation is perfectly rational. Not to mention well informed, I forgot that period of time where we wore bags on our heads while going 12-2 and 11-5 (on the way to a Superbowl) in Johns 1st three years.

baja
03-21-2012, 10:37 AM
There's a good deal of logic to this, but the main guy who has to be on board is Tebow himself.

I think he sees himself as an NFL quarterback who should be starting for someone right now, and I think he'd rather try to improve through reps in practice and experience on the field rather than through film study and clipboard duty.

In short, I just don't think he's going to settle for sitting behind Manning for the next two or three years.

We can't really fault him for that. It's in his competitive nature, and he's already had some success. He probably could take over the starting job in Jax, Cleveland, Buffalo or Miami. He might even have a shot at that with teams like the Jets, Cards or Vikes.

My read of the situation is that some of the pressure for a trade is coming from Tebow himself.

You could be right and if Tim wants out I hope he is accommodated. My guess is it's not so much not wanting to sit behind PM but more about seeing the Broncos do not believe in him. As much as it saddens me I hope they trade him to wherever he wants to go. Sometimes you forget your own interest and do the right thing. Tebow is good for theNFL and good for the nation. He is a great roll model for millions of youths and I hope he continues to have the highly visible platform the NFL provides to exemplify his great character. Meanwhile we have players like Williams who makes tackles and supports the prison system. We are witnessing a nation that has lost it's moral rudder and there are consequences for that.

Just win baby - ya right.

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM

I am sorry, I was lead to believe for over 20 years that he was? And I really think he is in some capacity? Anyway, no disrespect to anyone but any religon that you can't drink I will not belong to anyway! :-) CHEERS!!!

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't waste a second,dismissing this crap. get rid of tebow & his fans will follow. these people are obviously not bronco fans.

Lolz at the idea that Elway reads his Twitter comments. Sounds like exactly what I want our FO basing football decisions on.

"What do the Twitter Kooks have to say about it, Xanders? And damn it, This Beer is Warm, Xanders! Go get me another."

Meck77
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM

@johnelway I HATE YOU!

@johnelway you suck

Gives me flashbacks of what I heard in Denver barber shops and restaurants when I was a kid. Meh....Elway was gracious to the fans when he retired but to be honest I bet his gut wanted to say "FU to all the non believers".

It wasn't until he actually won a SB when people starting giving him some credit around here. **** these clowns.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Tebow fans showing how classless they can be. If trading TT rids Broncos nation of these morons, so be it.

peacepipe
Tebow fans usually do more harm for Tim then anything.

you're right,cause right now these teams that may be considering TT,are asking themselves if they want the circus/distraction that follows TT.

Rohirrim
I agree with all of this. The NFL has a very rigid standard of what works. If you don't meet that standard, then very few coaches are willing to risk their reputation to prove everyone wrong. It's getting better; at least you're not automatically relegated to the CFL if you're Drew Brees height.

I've said from the beginning that you have to be all in on Tebow. There's not going to be many analysts that are going to think he can succeed, and not many free agents that are going to want to join a Tebow led team. Football is a violent sport. Few players are going to want to put their body on the line for a team that gets mocked and ridiculed by the rest of the league.

I hope Tebow finds a team that is willing to develop him, like Green Bay or Philadelphia. A lot of his game can be improved with great coaching. Needs to be somewhere that has an established QB, so a fan base won't be clamoring for Tebow to come in and start.

I don't buy that. I think the basic platform for coaches in the league is one thing: Win games. Fox devised a plan using Tebow and the running game that caught some teams (not all) with their pants down. Like Casserly said yesterday, that won't happen this year. The league has a way of catching up real quick with new innovations. These coaches aren't dummies. If Tebow had an all around game, where he could switch to playing pocket passer if he needed to, he'd be a more dangerous weapon. But he can't. That makes him scheme limited. And being scheme limited in the NFL is a death sentence. Because once they have your number, you're ****ed.

Meck77
I am sorry, I was lead to believe for over 20 years that he was? And I really think he is in some capacity? Anyway, no disrespect to anyone but any religon that you can't drink I will not belong to anyway! :-)

Hell I really dont' know if he is but I can tell you I personally served the man a Coors beer back in the day. Handed it to him and thanked him for being a Denver Bronco.

It's just pretty well known that Elway likes to drink. Tough to be a mormon if you drink like a "horse". *wink*

He also set up one helluva party scene at the Crush games. He gave Club Crush and OrangeForceOne premo parking right at the steps of the Pepsi center. We partied our asses off. I doubt if he was mormon he would have allowed what we pulled off there back in the day. ;D

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Tebow fans showing how classless they can be. If trading TT rids Broncos nation of these morons, so be it.

It's funny that you want to brand whole swaths of people based on what a few nuts say on Twitter.

Find a celeb on Twitter... look at their comments You will find nutty ****.

It's science.

Gort
03-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Tebow fans showing how classless they can be. If trading TT rides Broncos nation of these morons, so be it.

oh good grief. do you honestly think a few nutcases are indicative of the whole?

OJ Simpson murdered 2 people. therefore all Heisman Trophy winners are murderers. the Unibomber mailed bombs to people, therefore all Math Professors are terrorists. Michael Vick murdered puppies, therefore all VATech football players are scumbags. ok, well maybe that last one isn't such a good example. ;)

Tebow is not responsible for what other people do and a handful of crazies doesn't mean that the millions and millions of people rooting for Tebow are crazy too.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Hell I really dont' know if he is but I can tell you I personally served the man a Coors beer back in the day. Handed it to him and thanked him for being a Denver Bronco.

It's just pretty well known that Elway likes to drink. Tough to be a mormon if you drink like a "horse". *wink*

He also set up one helluva party scene at the Crush games. He gave Club Crush and OrangeForceOne premo parking right at the steps of the Pepsi center. We partied our asses off. I doubt if he was mormon he would have allowed what we pulled off there back in the day. ;D

Elway is not a mormon, I'm not sure how anyone ever thought that he was. I'm thinking the persons who think this are pretty ignorant on a lot of different issues, and they probably all come from the East coast.

baja
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Against all odds Tebow gave us one of the most exciting seasons in a very long time and for his efforts he gets tossed under the bus by most posters here because they are irritated by his fans and we got Peyton F'n Manning. Cutler was wrong we are not a 6 we are a 3.

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM

I love ELWAY! And I hope this all works out well! I am surprised about all the negitive tweets? (#7 Is The greatest Bronco of all time)

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
oh good grief. do you honestly think a few nutcases are indicative of the whole?

OJ Simpson murdered 2 people. therefore all Heisman Trophy winners are murderers. the Unibomber mailed bombs to people, therefore all Math Professors are terrorists. Michael Vick murdered puppies, therefore all VATech football players are scumbags. ok, well maybe that last one isn't such a good example. ;)

Tebow is not responsible for what other people do and a handful of crazies doesn't mean that the millions and millions of people rooting for Tebow are crazy too.

I understand. However it remains a fact that the circus follows TT and whether everyone in the circus is a clown or not is beside the point. The clowns draw the most attention. This is not TT's fault but it is what it is.

TheDave
03-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Against all odds Tebow gave us one of the most exciting seasons in a very long time and for his efforts he gets tossed under the bus by most posters here because they are irritated by his fans and we got Peyton F'n Manning. Cutler was wrong we are not a 6 we are a 3.

Speak for yourself... I tossed him under the bus a long time ago.

and as a fan... with manning... I'm a solid 9 :strong:

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Elway is not a mormon, I'm not sure how anyone ever thought that he was. I'm thinking the persons who think this are pretty ignorant on a lot of different issues, and they probably all come from the East coast.

WOW! I said I thought, and when I was corrected, I said, I was sorry.? And to ASSUME that "I was ignorant on alot of different issues"? Well, I just don't know?

baja
03-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Speak for yourself... I tossed him under the bus a long time ago.

and as a fan... with manning... I'm a solid 9 :strong:

That is no surprise to me.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 11:07 AM
WOW! I said I thought, and when I was corrected, I said, I was sorry.? And to ASSUME that "I was ignorant on alot of different issues"? Well, I just don't know?

fair enough, my bad...

capt. Jack
03-21-2012, 11:12 AM
fair enough, my bad...

Peace! I kinda like that white helmet in you're avatar ! :-)

TheDave
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
That is no surprise to me.

It's OK baja... You have just forgotten what good QB play looks like. A couple of practices watching Manning throw and you will forget all about 15.

Trust me, this is good for Bronco fans.

TonyR
03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
...You have just forgotten what good QB play looks like.

This might be one of the most interesting things about the whole Tebow phenomenon. I understand the love for Tebow, he's a very easy guy to like and root for. I know I did both. But the way a lot of good, rational posters here (along with a lot of idiots) seemed to be blind to how awful he was as a QB for large parts of most games he played in never ceases to amaze me. And the way those of us who made rational observations about his QB play that weren't positive got attacked. I got beat up and neg repped in multiple threads for airing my doubts and for suggesting that Elway wasn't sold and would work this offseason to replace him. I think once Manning is operating most of us will be united behind a QB for the first time in quite a while.

TheDave
03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
This might be one of the most interesting things about the whole Tebow phenomenon. I understand the love for Tebow, he's a very easy guy to like and root for. I know I did both. But the way a lot of good, rational posters here (along with a lot of idiots) seemed to be blind to how awful he was as a QB for large parts of most games he played in never ceases to amaze me. And the way those of us who made rational observations about his QB play that weren't positive got attacked. I got beat up and neg repped in multiple threads for airing my doubts and for suggesting that Elway wasn't sold and would work this offseason to replace him. I think once Manning is operating most of us will be united behind a QB for the first time in quite a while.

You should have seen the rep comments after my "Camp Report"... ;D

I agree with your premise... Manning will be a "Uniter"

houghtam
03-21-2012, 12:09 PM

LOL @ revisionist history.

That's not how it went down.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM

for a ****ing moron like yourself yes but he is spot on

enjolras
03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Favorite comment I've seen so far:

Cromartie and Tebow are going to get along great. They both hate birth control

TonyR
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM

Au contraire, mon frere...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3487972&postcount=341

jhns
03-21-2012, 12:21 PM
You should have seen the rep comments after my "Camp Report"... ;D

I agree with your premise... Manning will be a "Uniter"

Orton is better than Tebow!

LOL

Or Tony being rational: "7-4 Tebow is a failure because I like winning!" "The 4-14 team is winning in spite of Tebow!"

You girls are brilliant.

sinuous sausage
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Orton is better than Tebow!

LOL

Or Tony being rational: "7-4 Tebow is a failure because I like winning!" "The 4-14 team is winning in spite of Tebow!"

You girls are brilliant.

There's no point

gunns
03-21-2012, 12:32 PM

That is true, but with those tweets and the idiots that landed on this board it's hard not to generalize. Yes there were those of us that rooted for Tebow but did not want it to become an annual thing, rooting for him to become a QB. I may be the only one, but I did not see that it was Tebow that won all those games for us. When the defense could hold an opponent to a low score, it allowed Tebow to come back....when they couldn't, neither could he. He was fun, the season was fun, it's over. I for one am glad and those Tebow fans can leave to the Jets. I wish him nothing but the best, but I also doubt it.

Gort
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
That is true, but with those tweets and the idiots that landed on this board it's hard not to generalize. Yes there were those of us that rooted for Tebow but did not want it to become an annual thing, rooting for him to become a QB. I may be the only one, but I did not see that it was Tebow that won all those games for us. When the defense could hold an opponent to a low score, it allowed Tebow to come back....when they couldn't, neither could he. He was fun, the season was fun, it's over. I for one am glad and those Tebow fans can leave to the Jets. I wish him nothing but the best, but I also doubt it.

here's the best explanation i can offer for why i rooted for Tebow, didn't really want to see him replaced, and am disappointed he is gone.

simply put, Tim Tebow has a very interesting and somewhat unique skill set. he's not perfect, but as a foundation piece to build around, he's intriguing. he can run. he can pass (despite what the naysayers say). he's just not yet an NFL ready pocket passer. for the HC who is willing to build around Tebow, add pieces to complement Tebow, and work with Tebow to improve his pocket passing and mechanics, the potential reward far outweighed the risk. i LOVED the way we could implement some portions of the spread option and other option offenses into our game plans. with a good OL and a good RBs, that gives you a solid running game. once Tebow becomes a better passer on passing downs, you could very well find yourself with an offense that would dominate their opponents and be nearly unstoppable for a couple of years. imagine that. you have all of the traditional running and passing plays in your playbook, but also a couple of different option variations, the wildcat stuff, the rollouts, the QB draws, etc. on top of that, it was entertaining as hell to watch when it worked last year, and it was solid old school, control the football and field position football. all keys to winning. to me, this was obvious. just like any good idea you hear is obvious once you hear it. you (meaning the Broncos) just have to be willing to build it. that takes time and commitment. 2 things this franchise did not have for such a Tebow experiment. that's why i'm disappointed today. i really wanted us to be the team that did something unconventional and had it pay off in 2 or 3 years with a team that simply steamrolled everyone they played. instead, Elway has gone back to a conventional offense, with a guy who is an expert at running such an offense, so that we can win now, instead of 2 or 3 years from now. i can't fault him if he believes that's best. it's his job, not mine. Bowlen didn't hire me to run the team. but i'm not celebrating because i think the Tebow experiment could well have led to a team that was a SB contender every year for several years if we were willing to invest the time.

there are people who don't see what i see. some of them refuse to see it. some of them aren't football smart enough to see it (by that i mean the casual fan). and some only know what ESPN tells them. but if you really look at this past season, there are flashes of such a future there to be seen in almost every game. maybe Tebow will never become such a QB who breaks stereotypes. i don't know. i do know that Tebow's not the first guy to have to overcome not only opposing defenses, but also perceptions of what an NFL QB needs to be in order to be given a shot. just ask Doug Flutie.

too bad he's a Jet now. the only upside is that maybe he'll help them beat the Patsies twice a year. or maybe not. i still wouldn't be shocked if he eventually ends up in NE.