PDA

View Full Version : Manning: "Champ and Elvis have been blowing up my phone the last week...hopefully that dies down..."

Kaylore
03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Best quote of the press conference. Deserved its own thread. It is good to hear our guys were throwing their support in for getting Manning.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah. That was hilarious. Sure would be nice to see Champ holding up a Lombardi.

gyldenlove
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah. That was hilarious. Sure would be nice to see Champ holding up a Lombardi.

If anyone deserves it, it is definitely Champ.

Pony Boy
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
If anyone deserves it, it is definitely Champ.

"This one's for Champ"

BroncoMan4ever
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
"This one's for Champ"

i think it would be funny if at the podium Elway held up the Lombardi and said "this one's....for me again."

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM

If anyone should be behind this push to win now, Champ should be. And yes that would be incredibly sweet to see.

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM

+1. There is no more deserving player on our roster today.

I sure as heck hope this happens in the next 3 years. I just don't see Peyton playing beyond that. Could be wrong.

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM
i think it would be funny if at the podium Elway held up the Lombardi and said "this one's....for me again."

Ha!

Steve Prefontaine
03-20-2012, 03:51 PM

So true.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 03:53 PM

Yeah then he Tebows!

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
If anyone should be behind this push to win now, Champ should be. And yes that would be incredibly sweet to see.

Champ should be calling Porter right now saying come pair up with me etc etc. Goodman just too long in the tooth to get it done anymore. We don't sign Porter I think we have to CB early and often in the draft.

ward63
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Champ should be calling Porter right now saying come pair up with me etc etc. Goodman just too long in the tooth to get it done anymore. We don't sign Porter I think we have to CB early and often in the draft.

Didn't we do this before? How did that work out? Lets go defense early and often, but in the front 7. DT is a huge need, you can't have enough pass rushers and we are still unsettled as a 3-down MLB.

DomCasual
03-20-2012, 04:02 PM
We should drop our first three picks on CBs. That way, we'd have numbers on our side. We couldn't miss!

baja
03-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Amongst all the hoopala did anyone else notice all the kudos Bowlen got from every speaker?

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Didn't we do this before? How did that work out? Lets go defense early and often, but in the front 7. DT is a huge need, you can't have enough pass rushers and we are still unsettled as a 3-down MLB.

Broncos are so incredibly thin at CB compared to DT. At DT they need to resign Bunkley, get Warren and Vickerson into the rotation. Not saying that is a strong unit but right now we have Bailey and thats it. And hes old. We have Goodman and he really cant start anymore. We have had plenty of front 7 draft picks not pan out as well. Not like Corner is some high bust position compared to DT. If anything DT the higher bust position. Those guys are often lazy compared to dbacks.

If Broncos nab Porter then that would really help. Even though he isn't awesome, hes better then Goodman.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Amongst all the hoopala did anyone else notice all the kudos Bowlen got from every speaker?

Bowlen didnt seem old or super senile, or drunk, nothing. Is his health maybe improving?

errand
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM

Well one year we got Darrent, Dominique, and Karl by doing just that....

errand
03-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Bowlen didnt seem old or super senile, or drunk, nothing. Is his health maybe improving?

Improving the chances of winning a title makes everything better I guess...

baja
03-20-2012, 04:16 PM

No but he is starting to more closely resemble the Deliverance banjo player photo that has been around for a few days now. Are his eyes getting smaller?

pricejj
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
I would love to get a transcript of those text messages. ROFL!

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
As far as middle linebacker goes it looks like we may go small at that spot again. Plus they already drafted a MLB in last yrs draft. You have to remember we have young safety's, young TE's, and a young MLB in Irving. The coaches may want to let them learn and get better.

Turd_Ferguson
03-20-2012, 04:24 PM

Only if he had that sweet beard going again!

Turd_Ferguson
03-20-2012, 04:25 PM
As far as middle linebacker goes it looks like we may go small at that spot again. Plus they already drafted a MLB in last yrs draft. You have to remember we have young safety's, young TE's, and a young MLB in Irving. The coaches may want to let them learn and get better.

If they are going to go small wouldnt London Fletcher or Gary Brackett have been better than Joe Mays? I dont know... I know Fletcher is like a 100 years old...

teknic
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM

That's fine, but there's nothing wrong with bringing in some competition. Depth isn't a bad thing, you should always look to upgrade every position when the opportunity makes sense.

I'm certainly not content with Mays/Irving at MLB, and I'd feel better if the Broncos had another corner too because Goodman is pretty much useless.

BroncoHI
03-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Best quote of the press conference. Deserved its own thread. It is good to hear our guys were throwing their support in for getting Manning.

Epic quote

Also liked the part about drafting offense

Man I really respected him for saying that efx had more experience at drafting than he did. He trusts the organization to only get better no matter what.

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Champ's is the last active player's jersey I think I will ever buy.

Glad to see he knows what it takes to win.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
What comment was made about drafting offense? I no did watch.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah that was a good quote.

Funny one of the day was Elway saying he would like to touch it, he loves to touch it, but he is 52 or 51. That will be used way out of context.

Turd_Ferguson
03-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I thought it was funny when Elway was talking about the call from Manning, and wondering what number they were on the list.. Then he talks about Fox jumping around in the back ground silently celebrating cause Elway was on the phone.. haha

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 06:51 PM

Hey, it's not easy to get a $20 million loan with a credit score in the 500s, especially in this tight market.

baja
03-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey, it's not easy to get a $20 million loan with a credit score in the 500s, especially in this tight market.

na Manning co signed

Bob's your Information Minister
03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
I wonder if Manning will be making jokes when Champ's old ass is getting burned.

extralife
03-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I wonder if Manning will be making jokes when Champ's old ass is getting burned.

and when he does get burned, we can watch Matt 64 Million Dollar Cassell miss the open receiver by five yards

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM

good one

Bob's your Information Minister
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
and when he does get burned, we can watch Matt 64 Million Dollar Cassell miss the open receiver by five yards

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 07:35 PM
What comment was made about drafting offense? I no did watch.

He commented that he liked when the Colts drafted offense but realized its a team game.

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Champ's is the last active player's jersey I think I will ever buy.

Glad to see he knows what it takes to win.

I said the same thing about Champs Jersey.. then I was given Vons Jersey at Christmas.. but that orange 18 looked pretty sweet.. Go Broncos !

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 07:40 PM

Remember that one time KFC played Manning in the playoffs? No 1st down for KFC until late in the 3rd quarter.

Going to love to see teams forced to play catch up to Denver again.

Vegas_Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
bump...more manning threads on front page needed.

Did this just happen?

barryr
03-21-2012, 08:33 PM
The Manning signing hopefully will also help in the Broncos stopping these end of the season slides, when players appear tired and lack a sense of urgency. They better come to play all 16 regular season games at least or Manning will correctly put them in their places.

Bacchus
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
The Manning signing hopefully will also help in the Broncos stopping these end of the season slides, when players appear tired and lack a sense of urgency. They better come to play all 16 regular season games at least or Manning will correctly put them in their places.

Denver will probably lose their last two games of the year because they are resting starters for the playoffs.

SJ Bronco
03-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Denver will probably lose their last two games of the year because they are resting starters for the playoffs.

:notworthy Optimism :notworthy I like it;D