PDA

View Full Version : Plan B? ..."We're going plan A!"

Bronco Yoda
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
http://allieiswired.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/john_elway.jpg

Bronco Yoda
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
There's only one reason PM even seriously considered Denver... that's Elway.

Remember last year when people were freaking out about Elway in the FO.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM

So because Elway is Manning's childhood hero that makes him good at running an NFL team? Hilarious!

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
So because Elway is Manning's childhood hero that makes him good at running an NFL team? Hilarious!

Let us know how many sour grapes you've got in that bag of yours, will ya? I want to believe there will be an end to these whiny ass posts at some point. :oyvey:

Bronco Yoda
03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I love the player and person Tebow is. But Elway isn't doing his job if he's not ALWAYS trying to get the team better.

Good on you John. Always push it!

btw, you can tell John really likes Tebow. You can tell it was a really hard call for him. That's what good leaders do... make the tough calls.

DBroncos4life
03-20-2012, 01:44 PM

No his past background and his business degree from stanford does though.

Taco John
03-20-2012, 02:01 PM

No. His intelligence and charisma combining into leadership are what make him good at running an NFL team. Say what you want about John Elway, but the evidence so far is that he's knocking the cover off the ball as an NFL executive.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Elway just pulled off one of the biggest free agency coups in history and some are questioning his FO skills? WTF? I guarantee you, at the next NFL meetings, Ozzie Newsome comes up and pats John on the back and congratulates him.

hambone13
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM

What's hilarious is not recognizing the value in having him. We wouldn't have one of the greatest ever right now, if it wasn't for him. This creates a tremendous channel for FA's. We're in the hut for SB's baby. That's awesome. Thanks John.

bendog
03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Elway just pulled off one of the biggest free agency coups in history and some are questioning his FO skills? WTF? I guarantee you, at the next NFL meetings, Ozzie Newsome comes up and pats John on the back and congratulates him.

Elway gave manning 30 pieces of silver and nailed tim to a tree!

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Let us know how many sour grapes you've got in that bag of yours, will ya? I want to believe there will be an end to these whiny ass posts at some point. :oyvey:

I'm waiting for people to stop going full retard over Elway as a football exec. It should be fun to see who has to wait longer...

pricejj
03-20-2012, 02:16 PM
:strong:

"What? Plan B? We don't have a Plan B...We're goin' with Plan A!

ROFL!

Kaylore
03-20-2012, 02:16 PM
No. His intelligence and charisma combining into leadership are what make him good at running an NFL team. Say what you want about John Elway, but the evidence so far is that he's knocking the cover off the ball as an NFL executive.

That he played gives him instant credibility too. As Jack Del Rio said, having played the game will buy you your first five minutes, the rest is on you though.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 02:18 PM
What's hilarious is not recognizing the value in having him. We wouldn't have one of the greatest ever right now, if it wasn't for him. This creates a tremendous channel for FA's. We're in the hut for SB's baby. That's awesome. Thanks John.

Personally I'd far prefer an experienced football exec who understands how to and is willing to take the hard road to long-term success through building through the draft and developing homegrown talent rather than simply trying to "win now" with a talent starved roster and one over-the-hill QB. To each their own.

ColoradoDarin
03-20-2012, 02:18 PM
This move reminds me a lot of the drafting of Cutler coming off the AFC CG. Is Jay a better QB than Jake, most people would say yes, but the opportunity cost was Haloti Ngata. Manning (healthy, of course) is no doubt better than a project QB who needs work, but we might not even know the opportunity cost for a while. It could be that we trade Tebow and he grows into a franchise QB, it could be that we're squeezed against the cap in 2-3 years time and don't even make it to the Superbowl.

I wouldn't have made the move, I'm still waiting on a starting quality DT, #2 CB and MLB that we haven't had for 5+ years while playing QB carousel. I'm curious about the other moves we're going to make now because last years team minus Tebow plus Manning isn't a Superbowl contender yet.

Mediator12
03-20-2012, 02:22 PM

No, because Elway knows how to treat players and give them what they need to succeed is why he will be a good if not great GM. He just landed the best available FA since Reggie White and a lot of people are still taking pot shots at him. John Elway. Geez.

I am not sure if it's arrogance, pride, or a having to be right about everything, but damn enjoy the moment as a fan. We should all have SOME doubts. However, to have the doubts outweigh the Joy of finally kicking ass in FA and making this team an instant SB contender, not gauranteed SB winner, but contender is just plain selfish pain.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 02:29 PM
No, because Elway knows how to treat players and give them what they need to succeed is why he will be a good if not great GM. He just landed the best available FA since Reggie White and a lot of people are still taking pot shots at him. John Elway. Geez.

I am not sure if it's arrogance, pride, or a having to be right about everything, but damn enjoy the moment as a fan. We should all have SOME doubts. However, to have the doubts outweigh the Joy of finally kicking ass in FA and making this team an instant SB contender, not gauranteed SB winner, but contender is just plain selfish pain.

What joy? We just signed a guy I honestly thought should hang it up just a few months ago, while dumping a young QB who managed more amazing moments in one season than most players manage over a career. I'm sorry, but just because you think what's happened is a good thing, does not actually make it so.

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 02:30 PM

So because you're a random poster on a fan message board that makes you good at evaluating NFL front office talent?

DenverBrit
03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
What joy? We just signed a guy I honestly thought should hang it up just a few months ago, while dumping a young QB who managed more amazing moments in one season than most players manage over a career. I'm sorry, but just because you think what's happened is a good thing, does not actually make it so.

Ha! I'm sorry, but your man crush is very funny.....or would be if the 'obsessiveness' weren't so disturbing.

SureShot
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
We should sign that Patrick Merling guy.

hambone13
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Personally I'd far prefer an experienced football exec who understands how to and is willing to take the hard road to long-term success through building through the draft and developing homegrown talent rather than simply trying to "win now" with a talent starved roster and one over-the-hill QB. To each their own.

I understand, agree with and appreciate your general premise but this is an anomaly. The circumstances are unique.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
so will manning play defense and stop the pats so we can go to the Superbowl especially that how should i put it the homosexual light gronkowski not that theres anything wrong with that and the price we are paying manning he best be producing a lombardi every year til he retires , no afc championship nor afc west championship will do. anyone who is aiming that low should gtfo the nets

spdirty
03-20-2012, 03:00 PM

Fine. You can sit in your house and whine about how we didn't do it the hard way while the rest of us are at the parade partying like it's 1999. Or 1998.

baja
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Good choice on your avatar Dan

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
The other funny line was when Elway got the call from Manning and then he had to cover the phone while Fox danced around the room. :rofl:

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Broncos are going to make moves on the defense hear really quick. Bunkley probably has a few offers now so his agent can tell the Broncos what the contract should be like. Now the Broncos are looking at Porter, I have a feeling the sign him. Once they get a CB then they could decide whether or not they want to use first round pick on Wallace. Then they probably add Saturday, Tamme, Clark, Addai. Probably not all of them but at least 2.

If the Broncos feel Moreno is still worth looking at no Addai. Broncos can still get better this offseason, it isnt over. I am feeling really good about Elway. He is sneaky, he is smart, he knows football. Just like i thought Elway so competitive hes going to be great at this. That is why Ozzie Newsome great at it also. He wants to win.

Rolandftw
03-20-2012, 03:06 PM

I think it was at least partially seen as so amazing because Broncos fans expectations had lowered to a big extent. Tebow had some amazing comebacks: SD, Oakland, Chicago, Minnesota, NYJ, Miami. All of those teams were mediocre if not bad though. None made the playoffs.

Our only win against a playoff team with Tebow came against the Steelers of course, and it was amazing. Was Tebow going to repeat it? I don't think so, but I certainly wouldn't say Tebow couldn't do it.

errand
03-20-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm waiting for people to stop going full retard over Elway as a football exec. It should be fun to see who has to wait longer...

seems to me the only problem that a lot of people have with john elway the VP, is his alleged mistreatment of a young, raw quarterback who is nowhere near the kind of player we need him to be in order to win a title.

JCMElway
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
This move reminds me a lot of the drafting of Cutler coming off the AFC CG. Is Jay a better QB than Jake, most people would say yes, but the opportunity cost was Haloti Ngata. Manning (healthy, of course) is no doubt better than a project QB who needs work, but we might not even know the opportunity cost for a while. It could be that we trade Tebow and he grows into a franchise QB, it could be that we're squeezed against the cap in 2-3 years time and don't even make it to the Superbowl.

I wouldn't have made the move, I'm still waiting on a starting quality DT, #2 CB and MLB that we haven't had for 5+ years while playing QB carousel. I'm curious about the other moves we're going to make now because last years team minus Tebow plus Manning isn't a Superbowl contender yet.

Look, it's pretty obvious to every personnel executive in the league that Tebow is a one-trick pony with a bunch of intangibles. The league is going to figure Tebow out, and unless he can complete 65% of his passes, this move is an absolute steal and no-brainer for the Broncos.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Good choice on your avatar Dan

heh lol hes my idol ima idiot for buying into last years tebow hype buying a replica jersey shirt and a autographed replica pic of him i knew that would bite me in my arse im a moron schmuck lol

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-20-2012, 04:08 PM
seems to me the only problem that a lot of people have with john elway the VP, is his alleged mistreatment of a young, raw quarterback who is nowhere near the kind of player we need him to be in order to win a title.

well that i agree on that could of been handled better

MVP-06
03-20-2012, 04:55 PM
What idiot reporter asked that question? Absolute classic response by Elway. Best part of he conference IMO.

Navy Broncos Fan
03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm excited about the Manning signing, I hope he can produce a SB win. I am not excited about bringing in his old broken down player friends. Leaves me feeling like 3-4 years from now we will be coming off a 2-14 season and rebuilding again.

barryr
03-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Elway has no interest in talking about what they would have done if Manning didn't sign and I wouldn't either. What is the point?

24champ
03-20-2012, 05:52 PM

Yes building through the draft is ideal and that was the original plan set forth by EFX, but you forget who Elway takes orders from. That is Bowlen/Ellis, they are entering their final years as the Broncos CEO/President. It's not talked about much on this forum, but they are going to make one last push for a Super Bowl run, and this is it.

After that, Bowlen is cashing out.

Mediator12
03-20-2012, 05:54 PM

I am sorry you see no joy in this. If you honestly think Manning is done and Tebow is a better option nothing is going to help you but winning games in the fall.

However, if you think Tebow was going to win with this team and this years schedule of playoff caliber teams who were not going to be held to under 20 points by the defense so he could mount a comeback, well OK.

And, I hate to point out the even more obvious, just because you do not like it does not make it true. Only time will tell, but I'll take my chances with Manning at this point in his career over Tebow at this point in his career anyday.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Ha! I'm sorry, but your man crush is very funny.....or would be if the 'obsessiveness' weren't so disturbing.

Did you watch last season. He had plenty of bad moments as well, but come on, their were a lot of miraculous things that Tebow made happen. Oh whatever. The revisionist history-writing is already in full gear...

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I am sorry you see no joy in this. If you honestly think Manning is done and Tebow is a better option nothing is going to help you but winning games in the fall.

However, if you think Tebow was going to win with this team and this years schedule of playoff caliber teams who were not going to be held to under 20 points by the defense so he could mount a comeback, well OK.

And, I hate to point out the even more obvious, just because you do not like it does not make it true. Only time will tell, but I'll take my chances with Manning at this point in his career over Tebow at this point in his career anyday.

That's fine. At least you seemed to have given it deeper analysis than "yay!!!! Manning!!!", which sums up most posters' takes honestly.

Flex Gunmetal
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Did you watch last season. He had plenty of bad moments as well, but come on, their were a lot of miraculous things that Tebow made happen. Oh whatever. The revisionist history-writing is already in full gear...

Completing less than half of his passes has a lot to do with needing those miracles.

If he's such a hot commodity, what do you expect he will be traded for, and will you leave with him?

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Yes building through the draft is ideal and that was the original plan set forth by EFX, but you forget who Elway takes orders from. That is Bowlen/Ellis, they are entering their final years as the Broncos CEO/President. It's not talked about much on this forum, but they are going to make one last push for a Super Bowl run, and this is it.

There is probably a lot of truth to this. And if so, does anyone think he's concerned about the state of the roster post-Manning? That's what I fear most...

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Completing less than half of his passes has a lot to do with needing those miracles.

He hasn't even started a full season's worth of games. Why do people not get this? The fact is that most raw QB's dealing with an unfamiliar passing scheme (compared to what they played in in college) can't manage any miraculous moments. We needed to give him time to grow. Period. Franchise QB's take tim to develop. It's a fact.

But whatever. Hopefully this whole Manning thing ends in a Super Bowl. I'm not optimistic, but if it happens I'll be ecstatic like every other Bronco fan.

Flex Gunmetal
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
He hasn't even started a full season's worth of games. Why do people not get this? The fact is that most raw QB's dealing with an unfamiliar passing scheme (compared to what they played in in college) can't manage any miraculous moments. We needed to give him time to grow. Period. Franchise QB's take tim to develop. It's a fact.

But whatever. Hopefully this whole Manning thing ends in a Super Bowl. I'm not optimistic, but if it happens I'll be ecstatic like every other Bronco fan.

It's pathetic that you aren't optimistic, and I'm guessing it's solely because you want to be right.

A healthy Tebow is straight trash compared to a healthy Manning.

Why hinge your chances of winning a superbowl to the most questionable 1st round quarterback in history, when one of, if not the, greatest of all time is ready to put his legacy on the line with you?

24champ
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
There is probably a lot of truth to this. And if so, does anyone think he's concerned about the state of the roster post-Manning? That's what I fear most...

That's going to be the new owner's problem and its 4 years or so down the road. Post-Manning and Post-Bailey. If they can win a SB, I don't think anyone is going to give a crap about the state of the roster at that point.

DenverBrit
03-20-2012, 06:15 PM

Not at all. There were some great, moments.....and a lot of WTF moments.

Tebow's intangibles are off the charts, but so were his 3 and outs.

Manning is a superior QB to most others in the NFL, let alone Tebow. So this is a great move.

Could it go wrong...sure, but no risk, no reward. Manning is a calculated risk with great upside

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 06:17 PM
I want to give a big Thank You to John Elway... just pulled off the Biggest free agent signing in the history of the NFL, bigger than Reggie White if you ask me...

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Manning is a superior QB to most others in the NFL, let alone Tebow. So this is a great move.

Could it go wrong...sure, but no risk, no reward. Manning is a calculated risk with great upside

I said this elsewhere but it's worth repeating here. I spent a lot of time last year surprised (happily so) when we won games. I'm ready to be surprised this year when we lose them (and, no doubt, we'll lose a few).

Mediator12
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM
That's fine. At least you seemed to have given it deeper analysis than "yay!!!! Manning!!!", which sums up most posters' takes honestly.

I live in INDY and I have seen Manning play almost every game of his career with my friends. They love to tease me about how he owned DEN. I became a Manning fan because he did what Tebow did last year for 10+ years in INDY. The major difference is he also helped INDY's Defense by scoring 26+ points a season for 13 years.

You were NEVER out of a game with Manning Playing. Never. That is the main difference in my confidence from normal DEN fans. Mannings team was not always as Good as DEN's. However, you were never out of a game and you could always have hope he would come back and win it for you. Hell, Belichick was even afraid to give the ball back to him 2 years ago with a lead!

That is a player I am extremely excited to call my own. He did not always have to come back on teams to win. Sometimes he won it early and put teams away and let the defense and the pass rush feast. Sometimes, he won shootouts with NE in the mid 30's. Tebow is not capable of inspiring fear in other teams defenses like Manning at this point in his career. In fact, they knew they could shut him down for long stretches and let their offense thrive. The games Tebow won, the other teams offense failed just as much.

Was last year a fun ride? Absolutely. And, I want Tim to stay. He could not learn from a more passionate, cerebral, perfectionist than Manning. What Manning does best is Tim's major weakness. He needs to learn how to read defenses pre snap and work coverages. Nobody in the game is better at doing just that than Manning.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I want to give a big Thank You to John Elway... just pulled off the Biggest free agent signing in the history of the NFL, bigger than Reggie White if you ask me...

Think about what Manning's decision to come here says about the FO, and Elway especially. What message does this send to the rest of the NFL about the Broncos organization? Think whatever young QB we bring in who will be groomed under Peyton Manning AND John Elway? What kid wouldn't think he hit the jackpot?

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 06:25 PM
You were NEVER out of a game with Manning Playing. Never.

That's what it was like with Elway. I'm ready for that level of confidence again! :strong:

baja
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I live in INDY and I have seen Manning play almost every game of his career with my friends. They love to tease me about how he owned DEN. I became a Manning fan because he did what Tebow did last year for 10+ years in INDY. The major difference is he also helped INDY's Defense by scoring 26+ points a season for 13 years.

You were NEVER out of a game with Manning Playing. Never. That is the main difference in my confidence from normal DEN fans. Mannings team was not always as Good as DEN's. However, you were never out of a game and you could always have hope he would come back and win it for you. Hell, Belichick was even afraid to give the ball back to him 2 years ago with a lead!

That is a player I am extremely excited to call my own. He did not always have to come back on teams to win. Sometimes he won it early and put teams away and let the defense and the pass rush feast. Sometimes, he won shootouts with NE in the mid 30's. Tebow is not capable of inspiring fear in other teams defenses like Manning at this point in his career. In fact, they knew they could shut him down for long stretches and let their offense thrive. The games Tebow won, the other teams offense failed just as much.

Was last year a fun ride? Absolutely. And, I want Tim to stay. He could not learn from a more passionate, cerebral, perfectionist than Manning. What Manning does best is Tim's major weakness. He needs to learn how to read defenses pre snap and work coverages. Nobody in the game is better at doing just that than Manning.

How do your friends feel about losing Manning? The general fan base?

baja
03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Think about what Manning's decision to come here says about the FO, and Elway especially. What message does this send to the rest of the NFL about the Broncos organization? Think whatever young QB we bring in who will be groomed under Peyton Manning AND John Elway? What kid wouldn't think he hit the jackpot?

This is a very good point.

DenverBrit
03-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I said this elsewhere but it's worth repeating here. I spent a lot of time last year surprised (happily so) when we won games. I'm ready to be surprised this year when we lose them (and, no doubt, we'll lose a few).

This move reminds me of that time when Shanny was brought in. A lot of excitement and high expectations.

And a great result.

ColoradoDarin
03-20-2012, 06:34 PM

Not yet, Reggie won one and got to another. Peyton's got a ways to go to get to that level after signing with us.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Just heard another funny thing on the local news special I'm watching. They interviewed Fox and he said when Elway got the call from Manning and gave him the thumbs up, Fox said, "I almost pulled both my hammies." ;D

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM

Yes missed FG's, penalties to move winning FG back, Barber running out of bounds/Lovie Smith calling the running play instead of taking a knee, Kickoff returner fumbling ball at the 5, pick 6's, punt returns, 58 yd FG by prater. Did I miss anything? Maybe god was involved because you couldn't make that up in hollywood.

Jesterhole
03-20-2012, 06:55 PM

Really? You were there when the talks were happening? No? Ohhhh...you're talking out of your ass. OK, that makes more sense.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM

It's his job to build a winner. They've just signed someone that, if healthy, means they can win on any Sunday for 3-4 seasons while at the same time they can build through the draft. This makes them competitive quicker, it doesn't change the overall plan.

Denver724
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM

As you have probably noticed, we are all sick of your negative ****ing attitude. I think we all hope you follow Tebow to his new home.

Denver724
03-20-2012, 07:30 PM

Ditto!!!

baja
03-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
So because Elway is Manning's childhood hero that makes him good at running an NFL team?

As you have probably noticed, we are all sick of your negative ****ing attitude. I think we all hope you follow Tebow to his new home.

Agamemnon usually when a team makes a change this huge there is some percentage of fans being split on the decision but in this case it seems to be only you and Bevis on one side and everyone else happy with the move. That amounts to pretty much over whelming approval - just saying.

Bronco Yoda
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Really? You were there when the talks were happening? No? Ohhhh...you're talking out of your ass. OK, that makes more sense.

The butthurt is strong with you...

According to all accounts...Denver made his short short list before any serious talks were even made.

Dedhed
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM

You gotta give it to the Duke that he was able to get Manning on board. Still not sure this will end well, but the fact that Manning chose the Broncos does speak to Elway's ability as a FO guy.

fdf
03-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Elway gave manning 30 pieces of silver and nailed tim to a tree!

Did you really say that? This is football. Tim's a football player. He's going to have to play football in another town and make a lot of money there. OH NOOOOOO!

This is not the betrayal and murder of the Son of God. Try to keep things in perspective. I'm sure Tebow shudders when he sees his supporters straining for bizarre metaphors like this one.

Mediator12
03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
How do your friends feel about losing Manning? The general fan base?

The smart ones understand why and are sad he could not finish here. They are also excited to get another Franchise QB for the next 10+ years potentially and keep the winning ways going.

The emotional ones are ready to call Jim Irsay a "Gutless Drunk" and the new regime is going to fail miserably without Peyton;D

However, they are starting to understand that the Polians gambled all these years with having Manning run the show and failed to really build a talented NFL team. They only got pieces that could work in a certain offense and the whole team played down without his leadership. Colts need a fresh start and they are about to get one!

bendog
03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Did you really say that? This is football. Tim's a football player. He's going to have to play football in another town and make a lot of money there. OH NOOOOOO!

This is not the betrayal and murder of the Son of God. Try to keep things in perspective. I'm sure Tebow shudders when he sees his supporters straining for bizarre metaphors like this one.

There are more important things than just getting the best player. There's loyalty and honor. They LIED to Tim. Noone can ever trust anything Elway says. It's over!

BroncoBeavis
03-21-2012, 08:04 AM
There are more important things than just getting the best player. There's loyalty and honor. They LIED to Tim. Noone can ever trust anything Elway says. It's over!

Where's TJ to talk up Elway's professionalism and candor when you need him? LOL

bendog
03-21-2012, 08:09 AM
I just can't remain a broncos fan given the mercenary actions of Elway. I just hope and pray Tim lands on a good team.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 08:29 AM
I just can't remain a broncos fan given the mercenary actions of Elway. I just hope and pray Tim lands on a good team.

I'm pretty sure winning will ease your pain. You'll be back when the Broncos are stomping the crap out of other teams, just like Punisher and bpc, you'll be back.

Dukes
03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Jim Rome ‏ <S>@</S>jimrome
John Elway: "We don't have a Plan B. We're going with Plan A." The Colts didn't have a Plan B either. And they lost 14 games.

Rohirrim
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM

Given our upcoming schedule, by getting Manning and trading Tebow, Elway probably just saved Tebow from a 4 and 12 season and oblivion. At least now, Tim will have a shot somewhere.

bendog
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Given our upcoming schedule, by getting Manning and trading Tebow, Elway probably just saved Tebow from a 4 and 12 season and oblivion. At least now, Tim will have a shot somewhere.

But 4 and 12 might have gotten us Tyler Wilson. Ah well, we'll just have to live with Manning.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Jim Rome ‏ <S>@</S>jimrome
John Elway: "We don't have a Plan B. We're going with Plan A." The Colts didn't have a Plan B either. And they lost 14 games.

Jim Rome proves his idiocy. Elway wasn't talking about a back up QB for Manning if Manning gets injured, Elway was talking about pursuing Manning in FA.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-21-2012, 09:14 AM

Didn't they jujst pay him like a 7 million dollar bonus?

Thats what they owed him. Give me millions and lie to me all you want.

Bronco Yoda
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Seriously? You're kidding ...right?

Cito Pelon
03-21-2012, 10:43 AM
It's pathetic that you aren't optimistic, and I'm guessing it's solely because you want to be right.

A healthy Tebow is straight trash compared to a healthy Manning.

Why hinge your chances of winning a superbowl to the most questionable 1st round quarterback in history, when one of, if not the, greatest of all time is ready to put his legacy on the line with you?

That's still in question.

Cito Pelon
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM

Of course, they should still be looking to bring in a QBOTF as a Plan B.

Optimistically, I don't see any bigtime reasons why the team will be in **** shape 3-4 years down the road as a result of signing PM. Yeah, he has a huge cap hit every year if he makes the roster, and signing oldtimers from INDY rather than younger players will maybe have some impact, but building the team around Manning will still result in a better roster, same as if they built around any other QB.

Again, though, with Tebow traded and only Weber and PM on the roster they better be looking at a Plan B to bring in some topnotch QB talent. Heck, PM says himself that he hasn't regained his arm strength.