PDA

View Full Version : PFT: Tim Tebow tells friends hes not surprised, misses the South & hopes to play in Florida

montrose
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/tim-tebow-tells-friends-hes-not-surprised-hopes-to-play-in-florida/

Marshall Dumervil
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Good for Tim, I hope everything works out. My wife and I were talking last night about what a fun season it was, best since SB years. Thanks for that Tim, it was a lot of fun watching last season.

broncocalijohn
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I wish he wouldnt pigeon hole where he wants to play. No way he starts in Atlanta so his options would be Miami, Jax and Carolina. If he isn't around, I want him to say, "I will play anywhere that a team wants me." More options and more value. Of course he doesn't have leverage yet as to where he wants to play. Good luck wherever that might be.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
I wish he wouldnt pigeon hole where he wants to play. No way he starts in Atlanta so his options would be Miami, Jax and Carolina. If he isn't around, I want him to say, "I will play anywhere that a team wants me." More options and more value. Of course he doesn't have leverage yet as to where he wants to play. Good luck wherever that might be.

Broncos at LEAST owe him some consideration in where they send him. If there's any ****ing decency left in this organization.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Tim's a class act. No doubt about it. His devoted fans are certainly right about what a great role model he is; too bad for all their fandom they don't follow their hero's lead.

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 09:54 AM

Hey....don't forget about Tampa Bay! :)

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Broncos at LEAST owe him some consideration in where they send him. If there's any ****ing decency left in this organization.

Yes send him to highest bidder.

El Guapo
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
He's a class act and I truly wish him the best. I'll remain a Tebow fan, but I'll always be a Broncos fan first. Good luck and thanks for an awesome season!

Arkansas Bronco
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
He's a class act and I truly wish him the best. I'll remain a Tebow fan, but I'll always be a Broncos fan first. Good luck and thanks for an awesome season!

I liked him....just cause he is a Bronco. Once he is gone I like the guy cause he is nice and all but not as a football player. He just turns into another former Bronco thats it. He is gone from any sort of likes or whatnot's. Come Sunday he will be the enemy.

elsid13
03-20-2012, 04:58 PM

It is professional sport, they don't owe him anything.

Turd_Ferguson
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM

Yep

Doggcow
03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Good for Tim, I hope everything works out. My wife and I were talking last night about what a fun season it was, best since SB years. Thanks for that Tim, it was a lot of fun watching last season.

This

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2012, 05:34 PM

Exactly, except for the money in his contract. What a silly thing to feel about for someone for.

barryr
03-20-2012, 05:37 PM
He did some great things for the Broncos and will be missed. The Broncos however do not need to make a deal to make Tebow happy and if trading him to a team outside of Florida, so be it. But I hope to see less of this stupid "Teboner" crap in so many threads.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
His career is ****ed. He'll hate you guys forever.

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM

That is how every KFC since Lenny Dawson feels about the Chefs. Except maybe Brodie (Winless Wonder) Croyle because he wouldn't have ever played in the NFL anywhere else.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Damn Bob, I would've thought you would go the "he's going to make you Donks regret this". That's much better. Oh wait, you're a retard...

baja
03-20-2012, 06:39 PM

How the front office treats the players does matter. It matters in team moral and it matters what your reputation is when courting free agents.

For example in the heyday of the Shanahan he had a league wide reputation for taking care of his players. Trading them to teams of their choice when feasible. Releasing them when they asked for it etc.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm watching a local (Denver) special regarding the signing today. They were just talking to a J'Ville correspondent who reported that the interest for Tebow is between the Jags and Jets and could be decided by tonight. Take it for what it's worth.

enjolras
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
How the front office treats the players does matter. It matters in team moral and it matters what your reputation is when courting free agents.

Which is why the way they treated orton at the end was so impressive...

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm watching a local (Denver) special regarding the signing today. They were just talking to a J'Ville correspondent who reported that the interest for Tebow is between the Jags and Jets and could be decided by tonight. Take it for what it's worth.

I really hope for his sake he can avoid the Ne York city media. Tebowmania and the NYC media, with Tebow sitting behind perennial 'meh' QB Mark Sanchez mind you, would cause a media storm of bull**** the likes of which we have never seen. And that wouldn't help Tebow at all.

baja
03-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Which is why the way they treated orton at the end was so impressive...

yes I thought so too

Imagine what Al Davis would have done.

Jesterhole
03-20-2012, 06:53 PM
We better not trade him for anything less than a mid-high 3rd. If we can't get that, we might as well keep him and see if some Manning can rub off on him.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-20-2012, 07:13 PM

The organization does what makes good football sense and likely to the highest bidder

Jekyll15Hyde
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM

boob... you ok? you are not one to through out too many compliments around these parts.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-20-2012, 07:19 PM
It's not going to be a high pick. It will be a conditional pick. Likely a 5th or 4th that's moves to a 3rd based on his performance.

MagicHef
03-20-2012, 07:34 PM

Elway was on KOA about an hour and a half ago, and said they would sit down tomorrow and discuss what would be best for the team and best for Tebow. I really doubt that there would be any decision tonight. He was also asked point blank by Logan about Tebow fans, and said that they would have no impact on whether he stays or goes.

MagicHef
03-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Also, if anyone watches Survivor, Monica Culpepper is the lady that was just voted off last episode. I guess she found a way to extend her 15 minutes.

strafen
03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
I want him to stay.
I wanted to see what kind of progress he'd made this off-season.
Whatever he goes, he'll do his best to succeed.
I wish him all the best, for sure...

MplsBronco
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM

Elway should be ****ting bricks over this. Bob has spoken and the opposite will happen. Tebow is now destined to go on and have great success. Count me as one who thinks we don't make a SB, let alone win one, with Manning. This move will prove to be a big mistake.

03-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Hope Tebow gets laid very soon.

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Elway should be ****ting bricks over this. Bob has spoken and the opposite will happen. Tebow is now destined to go on and have great success. Count me as one who thinks we don't make a SB, let alone win one, with Manning. This move will prove to be a big mistake.

Do you think we could win one with tebow?

MplsBronco
03-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Do you think we could win one with tebow?

I think Tebow will only get better and is someone the team could have grown with. So yeah, I think it was possible. And its the process of growing with a player/team and going thru the high's and low's that make achieving that ultimate success that much more special. Watching a rent-a-QB for 2-3 years doesn't seem that appealing to me.

And we are a lot further away than just a QB. Manning had some pretty damn good talent/teams and only managed 2 SBs. His playoff record is mediocre at best. All this talk of him being the GOAT is absolute garbage. Great stats, but its what you do when its all on the line. And ppl on here are acting like we will be in the SB every year now. Its delusional.

baja
03-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Hope Tebow gets laid very soon.

RAISES THE QUESTION WHO WILL BE FIRST YOU OR TIM.

03-20-2012, 11:18 PM
RAISES THE QUESTION WHO WILL BE FIRST YOU OR TIM.

I assure you, I've been laid several times.

SoCalBronco
03-20-2012, 11:35 PM
I assure you, I've been laid several times.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2eg5euq.jpg

Yeah Bob....but by which gender?

;D

baja
03-20-2012, 11:45 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2eg5euq.jpg

Yeah Bob....but by which gender?

;D

did you photo shop out the lobster?