PDA

View Full Version : knowshon moreno going forward

g6matty
03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
he hasnt lived up to his draft status so far but i dont think hes been a total bust. hes shown flashes at times and has a decent 4 ypc average. i think with peyton manning coming in this is what he was drafted for. dump passes out of the back feild, screens and draws up the middle. manning will spread the defense out making bigger lanes for knowshon. i for one think this will be his best year coming up in all purpose yards.

what do you guys think about his production going forward.

montrose
03-20-2012, 08:36 AM
I actually was thinking this last night. The odds are against him, but his skillset does remind me a bit of those Colts RB.

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 08:38 AM
I've never been sold on the guy. Dude is just made out of brittle or something. Has no push, gets injured if someone looks at him the wrong way... all that potential would be great, if he could actually use it. Maybe Manning could make a difference.. but I'd prefer a punishing back that can get the yards right up the middle.. wear that defense out.

bronco militia
03-20-2012, 08:52 AM
I found a place for Knowshow

http://www.nbifixtures.com/2009-Kiosks/images/lg/Diamond%20Wireless%20Kiosk(3).jpg

LRtagger
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM
If they keep him around this year it will be the last opportunity he gets in Denver.

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 09:04 AM
I was talking about this last night with my son.. This could turn out to be a good thing for Knowshon.. he could be that outlet or dumpoff option for Peyton. Get Knowson in the open field and watch out.

Knowshon is not a between the tackles RB, but he has shown he can block and catch.

I just hope he comes back healthy.

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Knowshon should be shown the door. He hasn't even been an average RB let alone a guy you can count on to stay healthy.

Taco John
03-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I like the thread title... "Knowshon Moreno going forward." This would be an improvement. I'm used to "Knowshon Moreno dancing in front of the hole"

Mountain Bronco
03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
This could be a good situation for Slowshon, as his skill set is that of a third down back with good hands and good ability to pass protect. Depends on his health though.

What is his cap number?

DarkHorse
03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
I found a place for Knowshow

http://www.nbifixtures.com/2009-Kiosks/images/lg/Diamond%20Wireless%20Kiosk(3).jpg

Winner - someone hire this guy

DarkHorse
03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
I like the thread title... "Knowshon Moreno going forward." This would be an improvement. I'm used to "Knowshon Moreno dancing in front of the hole"

Knowshons lateral movement is second to none

g6matty
03-20-2012, 09:10 AM
his cap number is really low. around 1 million owed this year

bendog
03-20-2012, 09:14 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/knowshon-moreno/

razorwire77
03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
I've already given up on him as being a bell-cow or even a 1B split carries back. If he can't thrive as a third-down back with Peyton ****ing Manning throwing the ball to him, than they might as well cut him in camp. Hopefully, he'll embrace and thrive in a Kevin Faulk type role.

hookemhess
03-20-2012, 09:24 AM
his cap number is really low. around 1 million owed this year

I don't know why people are calling for him to get cut. Maybe things work out for him this year. Like OP said, he's shown flashes. He looked like he was about to have a career day against KC before he got injured. And his injury came on a play that showed some extreme athleticism.

Also, cheap.

strafen
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I like the thread title... "Knowshon Moreno going forward." This would be an improvement. I'm used to "Knowshon Moreno dancing in front of the hole"Haha!
I just saw that. Too funny.
It's an oxymoron if I ever saw one! Ha!

Mouth
03-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Knowshons lateral movement is second to none

Know-show runs sideways with the best ever. I'll admit that Moreno might be one of the best safety valve RB's in the league (top 5 arguably). This will help Peyton a LOT I can almost guarantee it. The Best thing about Willis is that he makes good decisions. He sees the hole and he attacks the right place most of the time. Know-show is still young, but I don't see him ever being a between the tackles type back. 4 YPC (if that is correct) is quite descent for a young RB.

Mouth

g6matty
03-20-2012, 09:45 AM
woody paige just said on first take he thinks theyll dump knowshon for joseph addai, that would piss me off alot i see more up side in moreno then addai ever had. hes a very mediocre running back idc what knowshon has done up to this point id rather hang onto hope with him then bring in addai

Kaylore
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
I actually was thinking this last night. The odds are against him, but his skillset does remind me a bit of those Colts RB.

You mean in the way they were all soft and ultimately disappointing wastes of high picks?

Mouth
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
There are a couple positions that being prone to injury isn't the biggest concern. RB is NOT one of them. That's the biggest down-side to know-show. I'm totally down with drafting a good RB. I think Denver may try to trade know-show AND a 1st round and maybe a 3rd or so to trade up in the draft to get a RB.

Mouth

Bob's your Information Minister
03-20-2012, 09:49 AM
So I got this one right?

DENVERDUI55
woody paige just said on first take he thinks theyll dump knowshon for joseph addai, that would piss me off alot i see more up side in moreno then addai ever had. hes a very mediocre running back idc what knowshon has done up to this point id rather hang onto hope with him then bring in addai

Addai has been only slightly better than average. With that being said Slowshon would of loved to match his game. Addai even older is better than a slowshon in his prime.

BroncoBeavis

****ing Addai. Mindboggling.

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Knowshon has the potential to be a very effective 3rd down back with Peyton Manning at QB. Hope his rehab is going well.

g6matty
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Addai has been only slightly better than average. With that being said Slowshon would of loved to match his game. Addai even older is better than a slowshon in his prime.

how can you say that when knowshon has yet to reach his prime

Lestat
03-20-2012, 10:13 AM
we really need Knowshon to stay healthy. he has potential to be not a great RB in the NFL but a pretty good one. but his dancing in the backfield and inability to stay healthy has hurt him badly.

DENVERDUI55
03-20-2012, 10:14 AM
we really need Knowshon to stay healthy. he has potential to be not a great RB in the NFL but a pretty good one. but his dancing in the backfield and inability to stay healthy has hurt him badly.

A poor man's Kevin Faulk.

WolfpackGuy
03-20-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm used to seeing him going down, backwards, or grabbing his hammies.

"Sauced" wouldn't be missed.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 10:21 AM
I still like Knowshon and expect him to turn it around now.

You can now throw ****. I don't care. ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Cut bait. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen. Especially unproductive and fragile ones.

Lol smartphone

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM

you forgot "Falling down behind LOS"

DarkHorse
03-20-2012, 11:09 AM
But he can jump over people.

Get on board folks, eventually he's going to turn it upfield.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't know why people are calling for him to get cut. Maybe things work out for him this year. Like OP said, he's shown flashes. He looked like he was about to have a career day against KC before he got injured. And his injury came on a play that showed some extreme athleticism.

Also, cheap.

+1. He is exactly the type of back that PM will want.

the real problem with KM is he can't/hasn't been able to stay healthy.
We should keep him through camp , and see how he fits....If he performs well he makes the roster, and he is cheap. If we cut him someone will pick him up.

He has not panned out for us ...yet. this is his last chance.

broncocalijohn
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
When your heading stated, "Moreno moving forward" had me gasping as I figure that is how he got another injury. Any movement by Moreno is a chance of a 2 to 4 week stint on the sidelines.

Pony Boy
03-20-2012, 11:26 AM

I think they call that "dancing under the influence"