PDA

View Full Version : Where do we need help ?

Quoydogs
03-20-2012, 12:34 AM
WR, TE, MLB, CB and DT

Am I missing anything ?

ZONA
03-20-2012, 12:38 AM
IMO we need help (in order)

MLB, SS, DT, RB, OG, CB, C, WR

Even though Peyton will design his own offense, I think Elway has sold him on the fact that Peyton is going to need a good smash mouth and dynamic running game. I don't think it's going to be the air show Peyton had in Indy. With those injuries, I'm sure Elway said the best thing that happened to him late in his career was that running game to take the pressure off him and to keep those rushers at bay. That allowed him to throw less but more effectively. I think this is what we are going to see.

Doggcow
03-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Quarterback?

Quoydogs
03-20-2012, 12:43 AM
IMO we need help (in order)

MLB, SS, DT, RB, OG, CB, C, WR

Willis kicked ass last year. Moreno will be good for a couple of games till he gets hurt again. I think we will be fine at RB. I don't think C is that be of a deal either. Our O-line was looking good at the end of last year.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Our O-line was looking good at the end of last year.

No they weren't...

Dedhed
03-20-2012, 05:40 AM
If Joe Mays and DJ Williams are starting at LB next year we aren't sniffing a title even if God himself is quarterbacking the Broncos.

dbfan21
03-20-2012, 05:42 AM
No they weren't...

I agree. Walton and Beadles were getting blown away in the playoff game in NE. Hochstein was a band-aid for our best OL Kuper. If we get Saturday, shift Franklin to LG and Harris can play well, then we'll be in business.

Dedhed
03-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Our O-line was looking good at the end of last year.
Not at all. Watch film; opposing DEs weren't even trying to get up field against our OL. Instead just sitting back in contain waiting for Tebow to try to break the pocket.

In any game where the run was taken away, the OL got absolutely manhandled by pass rushers.

kappys
03-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Following Order:

C, LG, DT, RCB, TE, SS, MLB, RB, WR.

Chance to build an epic offense if the O-line comes together.

gyldenlove
03-20-2012, 06:50 AM
1. DT - Ty Warren who has essentially been out of football for 2 years is our best player on the roster.
2. CB - Goodman is a couple of years removed from his best days and he is only getting worse.
3. LG - I am not sold that Beadles can make a huge turnaround, he is too often out of position, he does not generate push consistently and gives up ground in the pass game.
4. FS - I believe Carter is a good strong safety and I believe that guy from Cleveland is a good backup FS, sadly I don't see any decent starting FSs on the roster.
5. TE - Orange Julius has room to improve, but we do need a guy with experience to complement the position.
6. MLB - Mays is not good enough and Irving is completely unknown.

Mouth
03-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Everywhere but QB ...... /thread

Mouth