PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning will be thirty-six years old with three neck surgeries in the past 12 months

NUB
03-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Why are people so excited?

I've seen the term "Hall of Fame QB!" tossed about, but what does that actually mean right now? You get into the Hall of Fame largely by what you do in your prime -- which Manning no longer is in, nevermind the ultra-sensitive neck surgeries or bum arm. Historically, not a single QB in Manning's age group has shown up on another team and taken them to the Superbowl. Not a single one. And there have been some good ones in the past, and ones on comparatively much better squads than what Denver is fielding right now.

I see this move as nothing more than another very damaging, two-to-three year crater. Denver needs to build up to get to where it wants to be. Manning is a glorified band aid -- and one so seemingly ready to be torn off at any second -- and for the umpteenth time in so few years people are rallying behind an idea so obviously doomed to failure.

I'm simply sick of it. Denver is not San Francisco. They're not on some precipice ready to launch. You think Denver's squad has a remote shot against Baltimore and New England? Get real. This team still has building to do -- only one year removed from picking #2 for goodness sake.

Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, Manning in how many years? Sounds like the damn Browns to me, and that's certainly what Denver's record shows for. I will continue to root for the team, but the FO is full of shortsighted, twinkle-eyed morons as far as I'm concerned and this will end as well as every other management disaster in the past decade.

SJ Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I've seen this very topic somewhere before...oh yeah...every other thread on the mane.

UberBroncoMan
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
For **** sake. People forget that Manning was on pace to BREAK Brett Favre's starting streak before missing last year.

He hadn't missed a game in his entire career before that.

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT THE INJURY **** YOU ****ING PARANOID ****S

serious hops
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Cool story.

Prodigal19
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
I heard peyton manning is old and injury prone. I should make a post on the orangemane about it

serious hops
No, really.

lonestar
Actually IIRC it is four neck surgeries..

BroncoBeavis
For **** sake. People forget that Manning was on pace to BREAK Brett Favre's starting streak before missing last year.

Great.

PEYTON MANNING WAS HEALTHY BEFORE HE WASN'T!!!!

NUB

On pace... until he had three neck surgeries in a row.

I'm looking for a good discussion, not twinkle-eyed recounts of Manning's career.

Thank you.

SJ Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
I heard peyton manning is old and injury prone. I should make a post on the orangemane about it

I'm surprised it hasn't been a topic thus far...odd

Vegas_Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I will admit we were the belle of the ball last year and may get the same attn this year. I don't think we signed him to rebuild. We are signing manning to win the Lombardi again and hell bring light years of experience and knowledge to this clubhouse for years to come...who wouldn't want that? Now forget about his injuries and go settle your nerves in some other fashion...we have goats milk to drink.

Houshyamama
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM

I'm looking for a good discussion, not twinkle-eyed recounts of Manning's career.

Thank you.

Well you didn't start it off on a great note...

SJ Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM

Thank you.

You're not looking for discussion. Your looking for:

A. Another tedious argument
b. People like Bronco Beavis to back you up
c.To start a thread.

You may not like his point, but he does have one. At least Beavis bothered to counter his point instead of dismiss it.

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
You're not looking for discussion. Your looking for:

A. Another tedious argument
b. People like Bronco Beavis to back you up
c.To start a thread.

You may not like his point, but he does have one. At least Beavis bothered to counter his point instead of dismiss it.

His point was irrelevant.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-19-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't like the name Lawrence. Only ******s and sailors are called Lawrence.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
I can see why people are worried about the risk. All we can do is watch it play out. Of course people are excited though, if Manning healthy we are going to be very tough to beat. He seriously gets rid of ball 2 seconds faster then Tebow. That is so huge for an offense.

DT if he stays healthy is going to catch 80 balls or more, for 1200 yrds or more, and probably 10 plus tds.

Doggcow
03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Uhm... If he gets hurt, I'm sure Denver is protected. So why would it even matter really?

I honestly think we're in a 100% better situation BECAUSE he's been injured recently. I bet it reduced his price, and has injury clauses to protect us.

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Well you didn't start it off on a great note...

I thought I made some ground for discussion with Manning's long year of injuries; the history of this kind of move in the NFL; Denver's inability to compete with New England, Baltimore and arguably Cincy/Houston right now. There is no discussion of a change of offensive outlook for Manning, even. Why is nobody discussing the dramatic difference in the Colts' o-line to what Denver has? Why nothing about the receiving talent? Manning can do a lot if he's healthy, but he has had an offense completely suited to him for the past decade. Decker and DT are not Wayne; Fells is not Clark; Denver's pass blocking is damn sure nowhere near the Colts'. And Denver is naturally not a perfect pitched indoor stadium. These things are kind of important to take into consideration before selling the farm (again).

Ratboy
03-19-2012, 11:31 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOVAiFAmLc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
NUB its a good sign though that all the teams that saw him throw and gave him a physical wanted to sign him. Also we didnt give up picks so really not a big deal in terms of him getting injured. There is an injury clause in contract from what i heard.

So really unless Manning gets injured, and Tebow goes on to start and win in the NFL we are good.

Do you really see any team starting Tebow?

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:33 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOVAiFAmLc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7yvc--VdbqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
NUB its a good sign though that all the teams that saw him throw and gave him a physical wanted to sign him. Also we didnt give up picks so really not a big deal in terms of him getting injured. There is an injury clause in contract from what i heard.

So really unless Manning gets injured, and Tebow goes on to start and win in the NFL we are good.

Do you really see any team starting Tebow?

Tebow could start on a number of teams, the question is whether or not they would want to keep their own project-QBs. Tebow could easily start on the Browns, Jaguars and arguably the Vikings. The Vikings/Jaguars would be good places for Tebow -- inconsistent as he is passing, does anybody else thing McGahee runs all year without the run-option? I don't. As far as I'm concerned Denver's run-game is back to a question mark without the running threat from Tebow.

Edit: Injury or no-reinjury, if Manning does not win playoff games then Denver has simply hit the reset button for the third time in about five years. That's what is most important and why I asked if anybody thought Denver could compete with the best AFC teams right now.

Ratboy
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7yvc--VdbqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great comparison.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
"We just signed a sure fire hall of fame quarterback and signalled to the world that we're pushing for a Superbowl NOW. Why is everybody excited?"

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Because "sure fire Hall of Famer" is an empty platitude when trying to discuss reality. Winning right now? Yeah, that's exciting. I hope Denver pulls it off.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 11:44 PM
NUB I do think Broncos are right now one of the contenders in the AFC, especially the west. Manning gets rid of the ball so fast. Maybe the fastest around right now. His quick decision making will help our avg oline to be above avg. He really keeps the safetys back scared to death so yes, i think running game will get even better. Especially on 3rd downs where Broncos have stunk. Manning, because he is so accurate and quick is just loads better then any QB we have had since Elway on 3rd downs.

Even Moreno may have a big yr now.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
NUB I do think Broncos are right now one of the contenders in the AFC, especially the west. Manning gets rid of the ball so fast. Maybe the fastest around right now. His quick decision making will help our avg oline to be above avg. He really keeps the safetys back scared to death so yes, i think running game will get even better. Especially on 3rd downs where Broncos have stunk. Manning, because he is so accurate and quick is just loads better then any QB we have had since Elway on 3rd downs.

Wow. We're AFC West contenders now! Joy of Joys.

And Moreno is finally going to have that breakout year! Because Manning makes all things new!

baja
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
"We just signed a sure fire hall of fame quarterback and signalled to the world that we're pushing for a Superbowl NOW. Why is everybody excited?"

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100796

Fickle much?

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:48 PM

You need good receivers to spook safeties. You will have a point if/when Denver signs a big-name receiver (and I think they will). If Denver goes into the season with Decker/DT/Fells again you can pretty much forget all that. A lot will change if/when Denver starts picking up more pieces. If they don't I will rather pissed.

Goobzilla
03-19-2012, 11:48 PM
The whole thing seems a little Joe Montana-y to me. We'll be somewhat better in the short term but will it be enough to get over the top? Time will tell I suppose. EFX has definitely pushed all their chips to the middle of the table and I do admire that.

Doggcow
03-19-2012, 11:50 PM
The whole thing seems a little Joe Montana-y to me. We'll be somewhat better in the short term but will it be enough to get over the top? Time will tell I suppose. EFX has definitely pushed all their chips to the middle of the table and I do admire that.

Why not the long term? We could groom a future QB while still competing every year.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 11:51 PM
You need good receivers to spook safeties. You will have a point if/when Denver signs a big-name receiver (and I think they will). If Denver goes into the season with Decker/DT/Fells again you can pretty much forget all that. A lot will change if/when Denver starts picking up more pieces. If they don't I will rather pissed.

Broncos need to pick up a TE that knows manning, Tamme, Clark etc. Nothing great but they can help out young TE get up to speed and give manning people he knows.

Then I agree Broncos need to replace Royal. Willis a bkup IMO. But I do think Moreno, with a QB that is really an expert at checking down to the rbs, could have a bigger role then he has. Our qbs and offense been among the worst i have ever seen at getting the ball to rbs in the flats, on screens, as a checkdown.

Then also i think if WR run their routes really crisp the ones we have would probably still move the ball well. I agree though Broncos still need some work. We could still be another yr away from really challenging Pats. We saw what they did to our defense last yr.

Manning wont do much for that.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 11:52 PM

It is a lot like that. What was he one td away from going to the Superbowl? The NFL is the not for long league. When you have a shot you take it. You don't worry too much about 5 yrs down the road.

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Baltimore is a much bigger issue than New England. And then Cincy and Houston are arguably in the same league as Denver even with Manning here.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Baltimore is a much bigger issue than New England. And then Cincy and Houston are arguably in the same league as Denver even with Manning here.

I guess Ravens problem is they don't have a Peyton Manning. Flacco IMO super super avg. Its just the defense so good. But yeah a couple teams, Pats, Ravens, still better then Broncos, and a bunch of other ones just as good or better.

Broncos still have to get a lot better. Players like DT, Carter, Moore, the young TE's, have to step up and fulfill their potential

El Jué
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
You got spunk.

I hate spunk.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Why not the long term? We could groom a future QB while still competing every year.

Well, Manning is known to be a practice hog... He takes All the snaps in Every practice and game. Part of the reason why Indy never found a backup that could fill in for him. And partly why he is so good...he puts in lots of time getting his recievers on the same page. And he also doesn't cotton to high picks going for QBs' since that better spent on O and D weapons that improve the team.

If he gets hurt and goes out again we are going to be SO screwed!

Doggcow
03-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Well, Manning is known to be a practice hog... He takes All the snaps in Every practice and game. Part of the reason why Indy never found a backup that could fill in for him. And partly why he is so good...he puts in lots of time getting his recievers on the same page. And he also doesn't cotton to high picks going for QBs' since that better spent on O and D weapons that improve the team.

If he gets hurt and goes out again we are going to be SO screwed!

Oh, I forgot, New Orleans, New England, Green Bay, New York, are all totally set if they lose their HOF quarterbacks.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Broncos really screwed the pooch by not going after a guy like Winston. Your RT is going to get Manning killed.

yerner
03-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Whatever, I'm excited that I'll never have to watch Tebow try to throw a spiral again in a Denver uniform.

IronHog
03-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Why NOT be excited? I woke up this morning, turned on SportsCenter and heard the news as it broke. I let out a feral scream because I was excited at the notion of not playing from behind every single game.

My wife is a huge SF Giants fan, and last year watching Tebow and this Broncos team and those 4th quarters was almost like the football equivalent of the Giant's 2010-11 "Torture" season. What's the point of being a fan if you can't enjoy a little excitement?

I get that you are being practical and a realist, but would it really kill you to admit that the prospect of a FULL season with a potential top 5 QB for the 2012-13 season IS possible? There is always risks in life and in football, Manning is worth the risk IMO.

ZONA
03-20-2012, 12:49 AM
I can see why people are worried about the risk. All we can do is watch it play out. Of course people are excited though, if Manning healthy we are going to be very tough to beat. He seriously gets rid of ball 2 seconds faster then Tebow. That is so huge for an offense.

DT if he stays healthy is going to catch 80 balls or more, for 1200 yrds or more, and probably 10 plus tds.

Not to mention that Manning can read a defense better then anybody right now. Not only will throws be gone faster and more accurate, but he'll put the offense in better situations for plays to be successful then we've seen in a long time.

IronHog
03-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Not to mention that Manning can read a defense better then anybody right now. Not only will throws be gone faster and more accurate, but he'll put the offense in better situations for plays to be successful then we've seen in a long time.

This. I had almost forgotten about the king of the audible Peyton Manning.

Willynowei
03-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Manning pretty much carried his team to the superbowl just a couple years ago, the Colts couldn't win a game w/o him while Denver has a playoff calibre defense with awesome pass rushers.

The AFC west is a joke and the free divisional wins will almost guarantee one of the top 2 seeds along with the Patriots as the Steelers and Ravens beat up on each other in the North.

You don't build your team as the best in football, thats impossible, you build it as one of the best and hope you get hot at the right time because so much is dependent on injuries and luck.

FO is in a position many other teams wish they were.

Oh, and your comparison vid of Orton throwing in practice is as pathetic as your deranged obsession with baltimore - a team led by trent dilfer 2.0 with less than half the defensive talent they used to half.

They are being lead by an ugly looking retard who can manage to throw away games with guys like ray rice and Boldin as his targets.

Baltimore ain't winning ****.

KevinJames
03-20-2012, 01:06 AM
Because "sure fire Hall of Famer" is an empty platitude when trying to discuss reality. Winning right now? Yeah, that's exciting. I hope Denver pulls it off.

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

NUB
03-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Manning pretty much carried his team to the superbowl just a couple years ago, the Colts couldn't win a game w/o him while Denver has a playoff calibre defense with awesome pass rushers.

The AFC west is a joke and the free divisional wins will almost guarantee one of the top 2 seeds along with the Patriots as the Steelers and Ravens beat up on each other in the North.

You don't build your team as the best in football, thats impossible, you build it as one of the best and hope you get hot at the right time because so much is dependent on injuries and luck.

FO is in a position many other teams wish they were.

Oh, and your comparison vid of Orton throwing in practice is as pathetic as your deranged obsession with baltimore - a team led by trent dilfer 2.0 with less than half the defensive talent they used to half.

They are being lead by an ugly looking retard who can manage to throw away games with guys like ray rice and Boldin as his targets.

Baltimore ain't winning ****.

Indy had been on the decline for a long time and were overdue for a bad season, Manning or not.

Denver's defense was almost last in the AFC and got absolutely shredded by New England, and put on by the Lions and uber-offense Vikings. A few shutout-esque games against bad or hobbled offenses does not make a great defense, sorry. Denver has one giant defensive hole from defensive tackle straight through mike and onto the safeties. Don't kid yourself.

The Orton vid was not a comparison. It was a reminder of how practice tape isn't everything. I sat here and watched NFL "gurus" show Orton's superior practices vs. Tebow all damn day until the former flubbed on the field. Let us see Manning behind Denver's pass-blocking in actual play, yeah?

As for Baltimore. Flacco's performance is understated. And their defense is what should have one worried, naturally. Manning's level of play against strong defenses in the playoffs is horrible. And that's in his prime. Do not be so dismissive of these facts.

EDIT: Peyton was carried to his Superbowl win, if anything.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Broncos young safetys, and Harris will have to get better for Broncos defense to get better. Have to try and groom them though we just drafted them.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Oh, I forgot, New Orleans, New England, Green Bay, New York, are all totally set if they lose their HOF quarterbacks.

I was just pointing out that Manning takes all the snaps. It is really hard for a QB to develope if he NEVER gets to practice. With Manning that is
pretty much the case. Its the way it is, and part of why he is so good.

We were hoping that Tebow would develope by getting some coaching and practice this off season, and camp and most feel that it really hampered him last year. We are now going to be changing the offense this year to accomodate what Peyton wants, and so its unlikely that the backups are going to be getting as much attention as they even normally would.

Plus Peyton isn't a Normal QB. He has unique skills.
So yeah...if he gets hurt we are screwed.

KevinJames
03-20-2012, 01:36 AM

Go ahead and look up that roster.....and where they are now

how the hell was he carried????

Doggcow
03-20-2012, 01:38 AM
I was just pointing out that Manning takes all the snaps. It is really hard for a QB to develope if he NEVER gets to practice. With Manning that is
pretty much the case. Its the way it is, and part of why he is so good.

We were hoping that Tebow would develope by getting some coaching and practice this off season, and camp and most feel that it really hampered him last year. We are now going to be changing the offense this year to accomodate what Peyton wants, and so its unlikely that the backups are going to be getting as much attention as they even normally would.

Plus Peyton isn't a Normal QB. He has unique skills.
So yeah...if he gets hurt we are screwed.

Wait, so you're saying Peyton Manning, made for a primary focus of a team trying to win football games and the superbowl. Which they won a lot of and 1 ring. So we shouldn't follow that formula, because it succeeded for them?

You're also saying that Manning getting hurt screws us, because hurt Manning will take all the reps since he takes all the reps?

You do understand that our BACKUPS the next few years aren't going to be what win us Superbowls, right? You do understand that GB/NE/NY etc aren't winning superbowls with their BACKUPS, right? You do understand that next year, if Manning is injured and we acquire a new QB he has to learn a whole new system that HE COULDN'T HAVE TAKEN REPS IN BECAUSE HE WASN'T ON THE TEAM, right?

Taco John
03-20-2012, 01:39 AM

Everything is an empty platitude when you're talking about the NFL in March. I'm not sure what you are driving at.

Taco John
03-20-2012, 01:42 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100796

Fickle much?

Not at all. I was so happy that game - I couldn't believe it. To imagine coming from behind like that. It felt great.

But here's the thing - that was going from Orton to Tebow. That's like going from a dollar to a hundred dollars. Feels awesome. Going from Tebow to Peyton Manning is like going from $100 dollars to a million dollars. Feels even better.

So no, I'm not fickle. I just know basic information like "Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Tim Tebow."

03-20-2012, 01:49 AM
You guys are trying to 93 Chiefs your way into the Super Bowl.

Ancient QB
Team lacking talent
Conservative head coach

We all know how this ends.

http://i34.tinypic.com/17wgvn.gif

http://i37.tinypic.com/ej7501.gif

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1015/concussion3uv6.gif

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2226/owyd3.jpg

03-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Oh, and FYI your D is about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. The 93 Chiefs were an 8, perhaps a 9 on a good day.

You ain't sniffing the AFCC.

Doggcow
03-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Oh, and FYI your D is about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. The 93 Chiefs were an 8, perhaps a 9 on a good day.

Lol. Is this what you live for? "HA YOU GUYS ARE GONNA STOMP US BUT MAYBE NEW ENGLAND STOMPS YOU AFTER YOU MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!"

canadianbroncosfan
03-20-2012, 01:56 AM

Really? Hmm that's weird because we came within one game of the AFCCG with that 5 Defense and now an upgrade at QB.

03-20-2012, 01:56 AM
You guys won't stomp us. We'll split.

You'll probably win the AFC West and get stomped by a real team in the divisional round.

And nothing short of a Super Bowl is acceptable for you guys now.

Good luck!

03-20-2012, 01:57 AM
And that's best case scenario.

If your RT doesn't improve, Manning's gonna be carried off on a stretcher.

And with your D, you're gonna be playing from behind. Balee dat.

NUB
03-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Go ahead and look up that roster.....and where they are now

how the hell was he carried????

I suggest you look at how Manning played in those playoffs.

Everything is an empty platitude when you're talking about the NFL in March. I'm not sure what you are driving at.

It has no relevance to what Denver needs to get out of Manning this late in his career, on another team, post-injury. The same can be said for, "Well, he was super healthy before he had his neck surgically repaired!" It's complete nonsense and avoids the biggest risk factors with the signing.

canadianbroncosfan
03-20-2012, 02:05 AM

You'll probably win the AFC West and get stomped by a real team in the divisional round.

Good luck!

Just like this year right?

Drek
03-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Of course Manning's health is a huge risk factor here. It makes having a worthwhile backup especially important. Unfortunately we will have no such backup.

We instead will build the offense entirely around Manning and what he does best, fully aware that Indy did just that and had backups with him for several years who still couldn't run his offense. We'll add someone like Brandon Weeden in the draft and should Manning go down we'll look very much like the 2011 Colts offensively.

Again, this is why being a bit more professional and bridging the gap with Tebow could be essential to the team's long term health. He doesn't give just a QB of the future, he gives you a battle tested, poised under pressure backup who can make things happen outside of an ineffective system (which Manning's offense is for everyone not named Peyton Manning).

The desire to simply not have to deal with "Tebowmania" is currently pushing this FO into making a bad football move, simply because even with a Hall of Fame QB they don't feel like they can control the dialogue centered around the QB position.

Will any real Broncos fans suggest starting Tebow over a healthy Manning? Why should the FO give a **** about anyone who would suggest such a thing? Accepting those two facts it becomes very easy to move forward in a future where Tebow gives you the best insurance policy to have behind Manning. But personal angst within the FO over "Tebowmania" is preventing it.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 05:05 AM
Not at all. I was so happy that game - I couldn't believe it. To imagine coming from behind like that. It felt great.

But here's the thing - that was going from Orton to Tebow. That's like going from a dollar to a hundred dollars. Feels awesome. Going from Tebow to Peyton Manning is like going from $100 dollars to a million dollars. Feels even better.

So no, I'm not fickle. I just know basic information like "Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Tim Tebow."

This view fails to take into account how good Tebow might ultimately become or how little time Manning has left. It's pretty much comparing apples to oranges. I swear it feels like everyone has lost their most basic reasoning skills with this whole Manning thing. It's bizarre.

Jetmeck
03-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Uhm... If he gets hurt, I'm sure Denver is protected. So why would it even matter really?

I honestly think we're in a 100% better situation BECAUSE he's been injured recently. I bet it reduced his price, and has injury clauses to protect us.

7400+ posts and 90 million dollars............how much did it get reduced ? :welcome:

Jetmeck
03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
This view fails to take into account how good Tebow might ultimately become or how little time Manning has left. It's pretty much comparing apples to oranges. I swear it feels like everyone has lost their most basic reasoning skills with this whole Manning thing. It's bizarre.

shouldn't back your dumbass up. I have said the same and you disagree but this is right.

Jetmeck
03-20-2012, 06:05 AM

Good luck!

How does it feel and what exactly does it say about your organization that MANNING never gave you the time of day ?

Chew on that fat boy !

Dukes
03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
The bottom line is this: Elway wants NOTHING to do with Tim Tebow. Nada. It took him all of two months after a playoff season to find his replacement. You trust Tim Tebow, I trust John Elway. Good luck with that.

BroncoFox
03-20-2012, 06:09 AM
Well first of all, you can never tell with injuries - Manning could be fine for 5 years, and Tebow could have a career ending injury in his next game. Don't forget Tebow was hurt a couple of times last year alone. His second injury would have kept him from continuing in the playoffs if we had won. He isn't made of iron.

The orthopedic doctors (three of them), all checked out Manning. The only result of his neck surgeries is that he may have lost a bit of range of motion in his neck, but so far, it has no ill-effect on his gameplay. As far as the neck itself, they are saying it may well be stronger than it was before.

So I don't know why people are digging up the injury card. Manning is not known for injuries. He has had surgeries to correct is neck issue, and it's fine now. He is playing at as high a level as he ever was. The year off was probably quite helpful to his body last year. He is fresh and ready.

As far as his losing playoff games - really? Like Tebow is going to provide a BETTER chance to win than Manning? Seriously? LOL

We have been through multiple QBs since Elway. We finally have one that has the ability to win games, and people complain. I don't get it. He was a great pickup. And while I'm sure you are depressed that a 36 yo Manning is taking over the team, I'm sure Elway, who won SBs when he was 37 and 38, isn't too worried about that.

cmhargrove
03-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Where have I heard this story before? Hmmmm. Old, broken down QB, can't seem to win the big game, career coming to a close, Denver fans are restless....

You're right, it's just impossible.

jhns
03-20-2012, 06:15 AM
I agree with the FO. Manning is worth the risk. I really don't see why people are complaining. If there was ever a move that should satisfy every Bronco fan, this is it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Stop writing things, Bob.

kappys
03-20-2012, 06:24 AM
I agree with the FO. Manning is worth the risk. I really don't see why people are complaining. If there was ever a move that should satisfy every Bronco fan, this is it.

Because people only want the excitement that comes with Epic comeback victories don't you see? They don't want to watch a boring 45-14 trouncing of the Chiefs.

03-20-2012, 06:24 AM

The same thing happened with our fanbase and Joe Montana.

We went absolutely freaking bananas and didn't give a **** what anyone said.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Of course Manning's health is a huge risk factor here. It makes having a worthwhile backup especially important. Unfortunately we will have no such backup.

We instead will build the offense entirely around Manning and what he does best, fully aware that Indy did just that and had backups with him for several years who still couldn't run his offense. We'll add someone like Brandon Weeden in the draft and should Manning go down we'll look very much like the 2011 Colts offensively.

Again, this is why being a bit more professional and bridging the gap with Tebow could be essential to the team's long term health. He doesn't give just a QB of the future, he gives you a battle tested, poised under pressure backup who can make things happen outside of an ineffective system (which Manning's offense is for everyone not named Peyton Manning).

The desire to simply not have to deal with "Tebowmania" is currently pushing this FO into making a bad football move, simply because even with a Hall of Fame QB they don't feel like they can control the dialogue centered around the QB position.

Will any real Broncos fans suggest starting Tebow over a healthy Manning? Why should the FO give a **** about anyone who would suggest such a thing? Accepting those two facts it becomes very easy to move forward in a future where Tebow gives you the best insurance policy to have behind Manning. But personal angst within the FO over "Tebowmania" is preventing it.

Sad irony is that the FO could make their lives infinitely easier if they put the effort into fixing their realtionship with Tebow. If they're afraid to have Tebow sitting around behind Manning, it's only because they're afraid if this goes south they'll look like idiots. But that's the way they'd look either way.

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Historically, not a single QB in Manning's age group has shown up on another team and taken them to the Superbowl. Not a single one. And there have been some good ones in the past, and ones on comparatively much better squads than what Denver is fielding right now.

Do you watch football? Kurt Warner took a pretty bad Arizona team to the SB just a few years ago.

woodall
03-20-2012, 06:44 AM
These things are kind of important to take into consideration before selling the farm (again).

The Broncos didn't "sell the farm" to get Peyton. He didn't cost any draft picks and his contract will be insured due to his recent neck injury. I don't see how his acquisition sets the Broncos back at all....it allows them to get rid of Tebow which is a blessing!

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Also, LOL at the notion that the Colts teams were more talented than the current Broncos team. I think they're success may have been tied to the QB position...need to verify my sources on that one...

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 06:47 AM

We've been over this before. Because as our roster sits right now.....we aren't winning a Superbowl....even if Peyton Manning was 28 years old....much less 36.

I'll get more excited when we start shoring up all the other positions that are currently woefully talent-deficient.

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 06:48 AM

:spit: Really?

jhns
03-20-2012, 06:51 AM
We've been over this before. Because as our roster sits right now.....we aren't winning a Superbowl....even if Peyton Manning was 28 years old....much less 36.

I'll get more excited when we start shoring up all the other positions that are currently woefully talent-deficient.

What does that have to do with this move? You do realize that we are one week into FA, right? Some of you are acting like two year olds.

Mouth
03-20-2012, 06:53 AM
I want this to work as much as every other Broncos fan. I understand why we have to get rid of TT, but I don't like it. I'm going to be holding my breath every time Manning takes a hit, but he's one of the greatest ever. If what I learned from south park is true, manning will be eventually a super hero as long as he keeps feeding on unborn fetuses for those precious precious stem cells.

Mouth

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 06:54 AM

Thanks bro.

We are now guaranteed to make the AFCC.

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 06:56 AM
The same thing happened with our fanbase and Joe Montana.

We went absolutely freaking bananas and didn't give a **** what anyone said.

Joe Montana isn't in Peyton's league. Sorry.

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 06:56 AM
And that's best case scenario.

If your RT doesn't improve, Manning's gonna be carried off on a stretcher.

And with your D, you're gonna be playing from behind. Balee dat.

I heard that rookies never improve. Confirm/deny?

Smarter than Bob:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2011/10/broncos-orlando-franklin.jpg

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Also, LOL at the notion that the Colts teams were more talented than the current Broncos team. I think they're success may have been tied to the QB position...need to verify my sources on that one...

LOL at people saying we're better than the old colts while we bring in all their past-prime leftovers we can get our hands on.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Thanks bro.

We are now guaranteed to make the AFCC.

Look at Peyton Manning's career. Peyton's been to 3 AFC championships. For some perspective the Broncos were in 2 over that same period.

Talking guarantees is definitely bad juju.

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 07:01 AM

Exactly. People are acting like we're getting the 28 year old Manning. He's THIRTY-SIX.

The window to win a Superbowl with this guy is VERY small......3 years tops. With our roster in it's current shape....that rules out this year.....so we basically have 2013 and 2014 for legitimate shots.

Tebow is going to play for at least another decade, and as you say.....we have no idea how good he'll become. Peyton, while one of the GOATs, is not long for this league....

And even IF we do win a Superbowl......this move isn't building us for the future. After Peyton is gone....we're probably looking at another decade or more of 8-8 football.......I would prefer LONG-TERM strategies adopted here.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Hey, Broncos fans! We signed Peyton Manning!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-xDCOhtRz8E/Sro_nrTzJDI/AAAAAAAAAOI/Aktp4tyMwME/s400/jill_greenberg_kid.jpg

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Look at Peyton Manning's career. Peyton's been to 3 AFC championships. For some perspective the Broncos were in 2 over that same period.

Talking guarantees is definitely bad juju.

Whatever Bob says, the exact opposite happens. It's been scientifically proven. Get with the program.

Sideburn
03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Well first of all, you can never tell with injuries - Manning could be fine for 5 years, and Tebow could have a career ending injury in his next game. Don't forget Tebow was hurt a couple of times last year alone. His second injury would have kept him from continuing in the playoffs if we had won. He isn't made of iron.

The orthopedic doctors (three of them), all checked out Manning. The only result of his neck surgeries is that he may have lost a bit of range of motion in his neck, but so far, it has no ill-effect on his gameplay. As far as the neck itself, they are saying it may well be stronger than it was before.

So I don't know why people are digging up the injury card. Manning is not known for injuries. He has had surgeries to correct is neck issue, and it's fine now. He is playing at as high a level as he ever was. The year off was probably quite helpful to his body last year. He is fresh and ready.

As far as his losing playoff games - really? Like Tebow is going to provide a BETTER chance to win than Manning? Seriously? LOL

We have been through multiple QBs since Elway. We finally have one that has the ability to win games, and people complain. I don't get it. He was a great pickup. And while I'm sure you are depressed that a 36 yo Manning is taking over the team, I'm sure Elway, who won SBs when he was 37 and 38, isn't too worried about that.

He hasn't taken a snap in a game since the surgeries...how can you make this statement?

The fact is, anyone that is worried about the teams future after this move has a legit worry. Never has an aging QB gone to another team late in his career and been successful. Closest to it is Montana and I'm sorry but if that is what we're spending $95 million on then we're wasting time and money.

Honestly, I don't care who we have at QB. Tebow brought the excitement back to a team and fanbase that frankly, just didn't care. Was he the long term solution? Probably not, but it would have been fun finding out. Meanwhile we could have upgraded positions of weakness such as DT, SS, FS, CB, MLB, C, WR, RB and found depth at the other positions. Now we're going to try and address this in the draft I suppose, so maybe, hopefully we shore up one of the positions of need with a solid starter added. That still leaves us with massive holes.

In the end, those of us that are not fans of signing fivehead just need to relax and realize we don't have a say in the matter. Naturally we will support our team as we always have.

Go Broncos

peacepipe
03-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Exactly. People are acting like we're getting the 28 year old Manning. He's THIRTY-SIX.

The window to win a Superbowl with this guy is VERY small......3 years tops. With our roster in it's current shape....that rules out this year.....so we basically have 2013 and 2014 for legitimate shots.

Tebow is going to play for at least another decade, and as you say.....we have no idea how good he'll become. Peyton, while one of the GOATs, is not long for this league....

And even IF we do win a Superbowl......this move isn't building us for the future. After Peyton is gone....we're probably looking at another decade or more of 8-8 football.......I would prefer LONG-TERM strategies adopted here.TT might last a decade in the NFL if he changes position. we have an idea how bad he can be. EFX didn't see TT as the long term answer & acted accordingly

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Tebow was a week-to-week mystery and now he's gone. No amount of bitching is going to reverse this. Get over it.

DontBeMessin
03-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Why are people so excited?

I've seen the term "Hall of Fame QB!" tossed about, but what does that actually mean right now? You get into the Hall of Fame largely by what you do in your prime -- which Manning no longer is in, nevermind the ultra-sensitive neck surgeries or bum arm. Historically, not a single QB in Manning's age group has shown up on another team and taken them to the Superbowl. Not a single one. And there have been some good ones in the past, and ones on comparatively much better squads than what Denver is fielding right now.
Kurt Warner... But, they lost...

I see this move as nothing more than another very damaging, two-to-three year crater. Denver needs to build up to get to where it wants to be. Manning is a glorified band aid -- and one so seemingly ready to be torn off at any second -- and for the umpteenth time in so few years people are rallying behind an idea so obviously doomed to failure.

I'm simply sick of it. Denver is not San Francisco. They're not on some precipice ready to launch. You think Denver's squad has a remote shot against Baltimore and New England? Get real. This team still has building to do -- only one year removed from picking #2 for goodness sake.

Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, Manning in how many years? Sounds like the damn Browns to me, and that's certainly what Denver's record shows for. I will continue to root for the team, but the FO is full of shortsighted, twinkle-eyed morons as far as I'm concerned and this will end as well as every other management disaster in the past decade.
Finally… A “Bronco” fan (I respect those with sense – and don’t post nonsense) whom speaks the truth. I would HATE to see Manning come to the Raiders. How many sacks will he be dealing with this coming season? I will say twice as more than he’s used to! Do you know what happens to QB (even if he survives and doesn’t get injured again) when they get hit too much? Marino, Montana, Brady… and Manning? THEY SUCK!!!

You all think it’s going to be good and it’s just going to be loss after loss… But, I am happy you all THINK that Peyton is your second coming of Elway! By the way – Elway is your Al Davis! ENJOY!!!

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 07:08 AM
LOL at people saying we're better than the old colts while we bring in all their past-prime leftovers we can get our hands on.

The old Colts defense and o-line weren't as good as Denver's current defense and o-line. Their run defense was particularly pathetic. In 2003 Quentin Griffin...yes, Quentin Griffin...went off on them. The reason they won was because they outscored people with Manning playing quick strike catch with Harrison/Clark/Wayne. They had problems when facing teams with a great defense and a good offense (Patriots).

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey, Broncos fans! We signed Peyton Manning!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-xDCOhtRz8E/Sro_nrTzJDI/AAAAAAAAAOI/Aktp4tyMwME/s400/jill_greenberg_kid.jpg

Would've found the same reaction had we signed Brett Favre in 08. Some see a pattern here.

bendog
03-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Would've found the same reaction had we signed Brett Favre in 08. Some see a pattern here.

Actually you weren't here in 08. Coincidental.

DontBeMessin
03-20-2012, 07:16 AM
The old Colts defense and o-line weren't as good as Denver's current defense and o-line. Their run defense was particularly pathetic. In 2003 Quentin Griffin...yes, Quentin Griffin...went off on them. The reason they won was because they outscored people with Manning playing quick strike catch with Harrison/Clark/Wayne. They had problems when facing teams with a great defense and a good offense (Patriots).

You have got to be smoking crack! Nobody ran on the Colts for 250...

Also, who is your Harrison/Clark/Wayne?

And who on your oline is going to give Peyton time to throw... That right side? That isn't even there...?

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Actually you weren't here in 08. Coincidental.

So I wasn't here to talk down the Favre fans. Sorry.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 07:21 AM

And you're the biggest whiner on the board. I'm just hoping you follow Tebow, wherever he goes.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:21 AM

Who cares about 2003? The Colts finally started getting somewhere in the playoffs when they stopped getting into shootouts.

enjolras
03-20-2012, 07:24 AM
:spit: Really?

Ya... really.

It was a defense that was consistently hung out to dry last year with countless three and outs. That they put up the numbers they did was incredibly encouraging to be honest.

Really it was only New England and their tight-ends that gave this defense tremendous trouble. The FO surely recognizes that and will continue to look to shore those issues at linebacker up.

This defense is only 3-4 players (DT, CB, Safety, MLB) from being VERY good. I think at least two of those will be addressed in both remaining FA and the draft.

bendog
03-20-2012, 07:24 AM
So I wasn't here to talk down the Favre fans. Sorry.

oh, don't apologize. But don't try and sell your bs about being a fan before "Tim."

Orange_Beard
03-20-2012, 07:26 AM
No ****! Thanks for the update. I some how missed this....

jhns
03-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Ya... really.

It was a defense that was consistently hung out to dry last year with countless three and outs. That they put up the numbers they did was incredibly encouraging to be honest.

Really it was only New England and their tight-ends that gave this defense tremendous trouble. The FO surely recognizes that and will continue to look to shore those issues at linebacker up.

This defense is only 3-4 players (DT, CB, Safety, MLB) from being VERY good. I think at least two of those will be addressed in both remaining FA and the draft.

LOL

You are retarded...

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 07:29 AM

That's so true - last year we had no chance for the playof.. waitasec.. didn't we get to the second round last year?

It will make a world of difference to our defense if we are not playing from behind. Why do you think the players are so excited? We have a running game. We have two excellent pass rushers. We have a few holes to fill, but you are crazy if you think we are that far away from being a serious contender. People don't realize how bad offensively we were last year, and we still made it to the second round.

We have a horrible division - we'll get to the playoffs. There was something Manning was missing in his playoffs games, that Elway had in his when he won his SBs - that being a running game. Make no mistake, the running game will play a solid part of our offense, and it will make a world of difference.

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Also, people don't seem to grasp the notion that with a solid running game + hurry up offense + Manning slinging it, the Broncos will be an extremely tough out at home, regardless of how the defense is performing.

The trolls/Tebow lovers and football retards (there are many here) attribute last year's success to Tebow alone, and any failures are blamed on WR's/defense/o-line.

Sideburn
03-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Are you referring to the second to last or last game of the season when they had shored up which spot they were in and us as well? The game where they showed nothing but vanilla on defense and then turned around and pasted our ass in the playoff game...yeah, you might want to use something else as a reference point. I'll give you that their defense hasn't been the 00 Ravens, but they had a pretty solid defense. They definitely didn't give up 6 TDs to Brady in the playoff games. Or a couple 90+ yard drives.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:37 AM
And you're the biggest whiner on the board. I'm just hoping you follow Tebow, wherever he goes.

I will follow Tebow. I'll need something to watch after a couple years of old one n done taking a deeply flawed team to the promised land.

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 07:41 AM
I will follow Tebow. I'll need something to watch after a couple years of old one n done taking a deeply flawed team to the promised land.

Except that Tebow was one of the flaws on the team. By all means, follow Tebow. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, and all that. Don't need any fairweather, mancrush, drooling Teboners sticking around. I want a winning team, no matter what it takes. Tebow was a negative, not a positive. The circus of media, the ridiculous attention to him when the team as a whole was grinding out wins, his FB playing QB mentality - I won't miss it at all.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Also, people don't seem to grasp the notion that with a solid running game + hurry up offense + Manning slinging it, the Broncos will be an extremely tough out at home, regardless of how the defense is performing.

The trolls/Tebow lovers and football retards (there are many here) attribute last year's success to Tebow alone, and any failures are blamed on WR's/defense/o-line.

Love how Broncos minus Tebow is a bottom 5 rushing attack

Plus Manning who spent a career fostering a bottom 10 rushing attack.

Now means Peyton will have a running game.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Except that Tebow was one of the flaws on the team. By all means, follow Tebow. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, and all that. Don't need any fairweather, mancrush, drooling Teboners sticking around. I want a winning team, no matter what it takes. Tebow was a negative, not a positive. The circus of media, the ridiculous attention to him when the team as a whole was grinding out wins, his FB playing QB mentality - I won't miss it at all.

Remind me again why I should care what a dude who calls the former ncaa passer rating record holder a "fullback" thinks? Only a complete douchebag would root against the kid so long as "fans" like you exist.

jhns
03-20-2012, 07:47 AM

I want a winning team! That is why 8-5, with a playoff win, is a failure!

LOL

You are retarded.

TonyR
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

Wellington K. Hsu, a spine surgeon and assistant professor at Northwestern University, says the fused area should not be vulnerable. "In fact, his neck is probably stronger now than it was before the surgery because he has a solid, bony fusion," Hsu said.

Rick Sasso, an Indianapolis spine surgeon who, like Hsu, was not involved in Manning's treatment, agrees. "As long as the fusion was solid, that segment is very protected," he said.

Sasso says the surgery Manning had, known medically as a "single level anterior fusion," is common. He estimates he has performed about 1,500 of them.

"It's one of the most routine operations we do now as spine surgeons. We do it as an out-patient. Most out-patients go home about four hours after the operation is done,' Sasso said.

oubronco
03-20-2012, 07:56 AM
There ya go

bendog
03-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Maybe Casey Blake should look into that.

Taco John
03-20-2012, 08:02 AM

So you just like - think we're done making moves or something? Did you forget that there's still free agents out there, and a draft next month?

Sideburn
03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

Wellington K. Hsu, a spine surgeon and assistant professor at Northwestern University, says the fused area should not be vulnerable. "In fact, his neck is probably stronger now than it was before the surgery because he has a solid, bony fusion," Hsu said.

Rick Sasso, an Indianapolis spine surgeon who, like Hsu, was not involved in Manning's treatment, agrees. "As long as the fusion was solid, that segment is very protected," he said.

Sasso says the surgery Manning had, known medically as a "single level anterior fusion," is common. He estimates he has performed about 1,500 of them.

"It's one of the most routine operations we do now as spine surgeons. We do it as an out-patient. Most out-patients go home about four hours after the operation is done,' Sasso said.
How many of those 1,500 get hit with 1600 lbs of force? It's fun to use words like probably. His neck "probably" is stronger, but he's still going to get hit... a lot. Remember how many games Elway missed after 35? Farve? Namath? Unitas?

Taco John
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM

LOL

You are retarded.

lol

Step one. Tell someone you don't want to finish 8-5

Step two. Call them retarded

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 08:05 AM
That's so true - last year we had no chance for the playof.. waitasec.. didn't we get to the second round last year?

It will make a world of difference to our defense if we are not playing from behind. Why do you think the players are so excited? We have a running game. We have two excellent pass rushers. We have a few holes to fill, but you are crazy if you think we are that far away from being a serious contender. People don't realize how bad offensively we were last year, and we still made it to the second round.

We have a horrible division - we'll get to the playoffs. There was something Manning was missing in his playoffs games, that Elway had in his when he won his SBs - that being a running game. Make no mistake, the running game will play a solid part of our offense, and it will make a world of difference.

Yes. We are a ways off. In the wildcard round, you can have "pretenders"....i.e. 7-9 Seahawks teams that win their crappy divisions. Sound familiar?

The divisional round of the playoffs is where the "real" teams are remaining. If I recall correctly....we got absolutely OBLITERATED in that round. If you think we are close to NE or San Fran or the Giants in terms of talent......then I'd like some of what you're smoking.

bendog
03-20-2012, 08:07 AM
So you just like - think we're done making moves or something? Did you forget that there's still free agents out there, and a draft next month?

It was interesting that they weren't aggressive in keeping Royal. I'm not criticizing. I was surprised Wayne signed so quickly. Not that I was really hot for him.

The story was Manning liked what Elway told him about having a run game and balanced attack. DT and Decker are big WRs who will block. And assuming they sign Clark, Den will have two TE's who are more athetic than Chad Mustard types. Of course Sharp blocked for two 2000 yd backs.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 08:07 AM
lol

Hilarious!

I think this makes you a McFan.

jhns
03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
lol

I'm not even sure what you are saying here. The guy said he likes winning, which is why he soesn't like Tebow. Tebow was 8-5, with a playoff win. You have to be pretty retarded to say 8-5, with a playoff win, is a loser...

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM

LOL

You are retarded.

You like many Tebow fanatics, give him far too much credit for our wins last year. His comebacks were as much a product of his inability to score in the first 3 quarters, along with some blind luck, as much as anything else. Even the players were becoming disgruntled at all the Tebow hype - they knew that they were the reason for the wins. It was a team effort. But Tebow was getting all the credit. And we didn't "get into the playoffs," with utter luck, we tripped over one of our own knocked-out players, and fell backwards into them. We were exceptionally lucky to be there at all.

As far as comparing him to a fullback, that's not disrespectful, it's the truth. Google up some articles - many analysts and writers came up with the same comparison. He has the build and run-first mentality of a fullback. I've said many times, even over last year, that I liked Tebow as a player and a person. I think he is an excellent athlete. I also think he is just the wrong sort of player in todays NFL to be a QB.

jhns
03-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Hilarious!

I think this makes you a McFan.

Or unable to read...

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 08:11 AM

I certainly hope we're not done making moves. But I'm talking about UPGRADES to these other positions.

I apologize if Mike Adams, Joe Mays and Wesley Woodyard aren't yet conjuring up visions of Lombardi's in my head.

We could have had a real upgrade at MLB by signing McClain.......but we sat on our hands.

As I said.....I'll start getting more excited when I see us doing other significat upgrades....which still hasn't happened yet. DT, RB, MLB, S, etc, etc, etc.

Cause the reality is New England would still beat this team in the division round the way it sits today......maybe not 45-10.....but more like 45-28.

I think Drek has a good point though.....perhaps it is the FOs plan to not do much else for 2012....let the team acclimate to Peyton, and when the cap floor is raised in 2013.....that's when we'll make our push.

I can live with that, btw.

TheChamp24
03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
People are missing the fact Manning in 2010 threw for 4700 yards and 33 TD's with a crappy running game, and other than Wayne really, didn't have anyone overly special to throw the ball to.
He made WR's even better, just like other great QB's have done. Wayne went to **** last year without Manning, coincidence?

jhns
03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
You like many Tebow fanatics, give him far too much credit for our wins last year. His comebacks were as much a product of his inability to score in the first 3 quarters, along with some blind luck, as much as anything else. Even the players were becoming disgruntled at all the Tebow hype - they knew that they were the reason for the wins. It was a team effort. But Tebow was getting all the credit. And we didn't "get into the playoffs," with utter luck, we tripped over one of our own knocked-out players, and fell backwards into them. We were exceptionally lucky to be there at all.

As far as comparing him to a fullback, that's not disrespectful, it's the truth. Google up some articles - many analysts and writers came up with the same comparison. He has the build and run-first mentality of a fullback. I've said many times, even over last year, that I liked Tebow as a player and a person. I think he is an excellent athlete. I also think he is just the wrong sort of player in todays NFL to be a QB.

You are retarded.

1-4 without Tebow. 4-14 without Tebow. The team was clearly winning in spite of Tebow!

At least some of you are good for a laugh.

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I do agree it may well be a year off before we make a serious push, we still have holes to fill. But the framework is there - we just need to build up around it. I think as you say, NE would still beat us pretty good right now. But I think a year of building up the offense, learning to play again (we played such a different offense last year..), and one more offseason for acquisitions, we'll be in a prime spot to make a push.

I'd be happy to be in the SB this year, but I think that's not a very realistic goal.

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
I do agree it may well be a year off before we make a serious push, we still have holes to fill. But the framework is there - we just need to build up around it. I think as you say, NE would still beat us pretty good right now. But I think a year of building up the offense, learning to play again (we played such a different offense last year..), and one more offseason for acquisitions, we'll be in a prime spot to make a push.

I'd be happy to be in the SB this year, but I think that's not a very realistic goal.

My sentiments exactly. And my recurring point is the window we have with Manning is EXTREMELY small. So we HAVE to make other significant moves NOW to win a championship.

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 08:18 AM
You are retarded.

1-4 without Tebow. 4-14 without Tebow. The team was clearly winning in spite of Tebow!

Actually, sometime in the middle of last year, I made a post about the teams resurgance. There is no doubt in my mind that Tebow was the spark the team needed to get fired up and play. Orton was so ho-hum with his playstyle, the team desperately needed a kick, and Tebow provided it.

And in fact, I was one of the people hollaring for Tebow to replace Orton, because he was clearly not getting it done. But at the end of the day, I'm a Bronco fan, and I want the team to win. I think there is enough body of work with Tebow to see what we were getting ourselves into with him. And that is never going to get it done for a SB imo, not in this current NFL, which is by and large, a passing NFL.

Can you even admit that while Tebow provided the spark, that it was an entire team effort that produced wins for us last year? Or will you go all Macgruder on us, and tell us Tebow carried the entire team to those wins?

jhns
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Actually, sometime in the middle of last year, I made a post about the teams resurgance. There is no doubt in my mind that Tebow was the spark the team needed to get fired up and play. Orton was so ho-hum with his playstyle, the team desperately needed a kick, and Tebow provided it.

And in fact, I was one of the people hollaring for Tebow to replace Orton, because he was clearly not getting it done. But at the end of the day, I'm a Bronco fan, and I want the team to win. I think there is enough body of work with Tebow to see what we were getting ourselves into with him. And that is never going to get it done for a SB imo, not in this current NFL, which is by and large, a passing NFL.

Can you even admit that while Tebow provided the spark, that it was an entire team effort that produced wins for us last year? Or will you go all Macgruder on us, and tell us Tebow carried the entire team to those wins?

I have always said it was the team. Tebow was the QB of that team.

HILife
03-20-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't like the name Lawrence. Only ******s and sailors are called Lawrence.

What did you call me?

http://cinefantastiqueonline.com/wp-content/uploads/laurence-fishburne_1.jpg

This is what I think about that.

http://tvtastic.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/laurence-fishburne-finger.jpg

Mouth
03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
I have always said it was the team. Tebow was the QB of that team.

QFT

For everyone that says Tebow won those games by himself, there is someone who said the D carried him. The thing I liked most about the 2011-12 Broncos is that they won and lost as a team. I'm not sure why people can't just agree that the team was outclassed at almost every position by the elite teams in the league. Does Manning make us a better team? Yes. Is manning better than TT? Yes. I'm not sure how the QB can stop the Pats from scoring at will against our D.

Mouth

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
The difference is not playing from behind. Your defense can play an entirely different game when you actually have points on the board. It's the difference of playing on your heels, or being able to go all out on a pass rush on Tommy boy. Because that's how you beat him. And if you can actually score points, your defense can play a different game. It will make a huge difference.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
What did you call me?

http://cinefantastiqueonline.com/wp-content/uploads/laurence-fishburne_1.jpg

This is what I think about that.

http://tvtastic.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/laurence-fishburne-finger.jpg

Your daughter did a porno. You ****ed up as a dad LOL LOL LOL

Requiem
03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
NUB, no. Stop this bull****. You know better.

Willynowei
03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Indy had been on the decline for a long time and were overdue for a bad season, Manning or not.

Denver's defense was almost last in the AFC and got absolutely shredded by New England, and put on by the Lions and uber-offense Vikings. A few shutout-esque games against bad or hobbled offenses does not make a great defense, sorry. Denver has one giant defensive hole from defensive tackle straight through mike and onto the safeties. Don't kid yourself.

The Orton vid was not a comparison. It was a reminder of how practice tape isn't everything. I sat here and watched NFL "gurus" show Orton's superior practices vs. Tebow all damn day until the former flubbed on the field. Let us see Manning behind Denver's pass-blocking in actual play, yeah?

As for Baltimore. Flacco's performance is understated. And their defense is what should have one worried, naturally. Manning's level of play against strong defenses in the playoffs is horrible. And that's in his prime. Do not be so dismissive of these facts.

Defensive tackles aside, interior linebackers and safeties are the easiest positions to fill, they aren't worth very much or very hard to find.

I'm not going to even entertain your contention that manning didn't carry the Colts for all these years, he gets hurt and they can barely muster a single win after just recently being in the superbowl, if that's not enough proof in itself, i'm not wasting my time arguing w/ you.

Manning in his prime played w/ receivers that had trouble getting off the line vs. a specific team's gameplan, he also played on a team that relied on getting ahead on the score board for its poor run defense to not be a concern. He did not struggle vs. every elite defense, for instance, he would crush Baltimore's defense year after year with little worry.

Broncos pre-manning was a circus act that heaved up one prayer after another, post manning they are a contender in the league's weakest division - guaranteeing them a punchers chance at the superbowl from a high seed.

And as for your comments of Flacco being underrated... where's that emoticon? LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!ROFL!ROFL!

03-20-2012, 12:32 PM

You've got to be ****ting me. Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, and Jake Scott were an outstanding line a few years ago. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne **** all over Denver's WRs, don't even get me started on 100-catch Dallas Clark. Before his injury Addai was a very good back.

Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are better than your pass rushers, talented though they may be. And call me when you have a safety like Bob Sanders. Even Antoine Bethea is better than anything you've got at safety. I could go on but you've always been a homer. You probably think Joe Mays is a top 10 MLB.

03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Whatever Bob says, the exact opposite happens. It's been scientifically proven. Get with the program.

Remember when I said your D would suck?

It did.

I also accurately predicted your playoff-watching habits three years in a row.

And let's not forget how I tabbed Slowshon Moreno's failed career.

03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Also, people don't seem to grasp the notion that with a solid running game .

Sorry, but you're not going to have a solid running game without Tebow. Your line isn't that good, and neither are your running backs.

The option play did your team a lot of favors last year. Manning ain't running that. Ever.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are better than your pass rushers, talented though they may be.

That's an exaggeration. Von Miller is already an All-Pro one year into his career and Elvis Dumervil is a former NFL sack leader (2009).

03-20-2012, 01:11 PM
That's an exaggeration. Von Miller is already an All-Pro one year into his career and Elvis Dumervil is a former NFL sack leader (2009).

Yeah, they're kind of a poor man's Dwight and Robert.

Who knows, Elvis may have left the building after last year.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah, they're kind of a poor man's Dwight and Robert.

Who knows, Elvis may have left the building after last year.

After only one year, Miller has already matched Mathis' career-high in sacks (11.5) for a season.

Dumervil had 9.5 sacks in 14 games. He's far from washed up. He has actually averaged more sacks per game (0.7) than Freeney has in his career (0.69).

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Joe Montana isn't in Peyton's league. Sorry.

Err...what? If anything Manning isn't in Montana's league.

Doggcow
03-20-2012, 01:26 PM
After only one year, Miller has already matched Mathis' career-high in sacks (11.5) for a season.

Dumervil had 9.5 sacks in 14 games. He's far from washed up. He has actually averaged more sacks per game (0.7) than Freeney has in his career (0.69).

DON'T CONFUSE BOB WITH FACTS

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 02:46 PM
The Broncos didn't "sell the farm" to get Peyton. He didn't cost any draft picks and his contract will be insured due to his recent neck injury. I don't see how his acquisition sets the Broncos back at all....it allows them to get rid of Tebow which is a blessing!

If they want to actually win Super Bowls in the next few years with Manning they are going to have to "sell the farm" going forward. I can't imagine Manning would agree to come to the Broncos without assurances that they will do everything possible to build a championship roster quickly for him. But if they really do maintain a long-term approach to building despite signing Manning I certainly won't complain. We just won't be winning those Super Bowls everyone is already celebrating (not that we were going to either way mind you).

BabyTO
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7FUAwB_PH38/TCPI4P4-qWI/AAAAAAAABE8/vZXymobVYrY/s1600/mp.jpg

bring out your dead! bring out your dead! Ha!

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm no doctor but I thought I read that not every surgery he had was a fusion. His doctors were just really careful about going in and removing scar tissue, because that gives best chance for nerves to fully heel for a sport like football.

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
If they want to actually win Super Bowls in the next few years with Manning they are going to have to "sell the farm" going forward. I can't imagine Manning would agree to come to the Broncos without assurances that they will do everything possible to build a championship roster quickly for him. But if they really do maintain a long-term approach to building despite signing Manning I certainly won't complain. We just won't be winning those Super Bowls everyone is already celebrating (not that we were going to either way mind you).

Why do they have to sell the farm? They just need to draft good players which is always the plan right? With the new CBA making rookie salary caps it will be easier to not get into cap trouble. They gave up no picks to get Manning. Unless you give up picks I don't see it as a big deal.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
hey remember the time Bret Favre retired and then signed with the jets then the vikings and he won them superbowls and how about the time Joe Montana signed with the chiefs and won a superbowl and also the time Jim mcmahon signed with the chargers and they went to the Superbowl also Kurt did the same thing with rams and cards was it . but hey it happens alot.
a superbowl winning qb signs with a different team and wins

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Remember when I said your D would suck?

It did.

I also accurately predicted your playoff-watching habits three years in a row.

And let's not forget how I tabbed Slowshon Moreno's failed career.

you was wrong as many times as you was here stop huffing paint fumes inbreeder

cutthemdown
03-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Hey BOB when you throw **** all over the room, every friggin yr, some of it is bound to stick.

Abqbronco
03-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Why do they have to sell the farm? They just need to draft good players which is always the plan right? With the new CBA making rookie salary caps it will be easier to not get into cap trouble. They gave up no picks to get Manning. Unless you give up picks I don't see it as a big deal.

Whatever Dude!!! Don't let stooopid stuff like facts and accuracy cloud your judgment.

NUB
03-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Do you watch football? Kurt Warner took a pretty bad Arizona team to the SB just a few years ago.

Are you joking?

It cuts a young QB out of the picture. All those draft picks and time-invested on Tebow are now sunk. If the Manning spectacle flops then it is a considerable loss as it puts you back at square one with the most important position in the game. Which is what many intelligent people were saying at the end of the Cutler-fiasco as it is how you get to be a mediocre, crappy team every year or picking at #2; please observe literally every similar experiment to this one; Favre and Warner are the too most recent examples. Those teams are decimated after those players leave because they are in fact investments. And those two teams were far better than Denver is right now.

I think Manning would be an understandable signing if Denver had A) A passing offense or B) A rushing offense sans-Tebow (it doesn't) or C) A strong defense, which it does not and I have already pointed out why.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 12:10 AM
hey remember the time Bret Favre retired and then signed with the jets then the vikings and he won them superbowls and how about the time Joe Montana signed with the chiefs and won a superbowl and also the time Jim mcmahon signed with the chargers and they went to the Superbowl also Kurt did the same thing with rams and cards was it . but hey it happens alot.
a superbowl winning qb signs with a different team and wins

Winning it all isn't easy. You can have a really good team and QB and still come up short. A few of those teams did get close, to the Championship game.

Unless you think Tebow goes on to win Superbowls not sure it matters. IMO Broncos went with a significant upgrade.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Whatever Dude!!! Don't let stooopid stuff like facts and accuracy cloud your judgment.

Please enlighten all of us idiots with your great accuracy and incredible facts. Weeeeee are waiting.

Atwater His Ass
03-21-2012, 01:23 AM

Then signing Manning was a waste. The ONLY reason he is here to win a Super Bowl now. We are going to re-evaluate our FA plan and draft plan to accomodate Manning. That means we have to win now and the only allowable goal is to win the Super Bowl. Anything else if failure.

The big question is where will this team be in 3 years? Undoubtably re-building, but will we have added any trophies to the case in that time or not?

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Every team is trying to win the Superbowl every year Atwater. Not winning the Superbowl with Orton, Cutler, Tebow just as crappy as not winning it with Manning.

Who knows if we will win it all in the next few years. I hope so. But hindsight is a joke, you just have to go for it when you get a shot at a player like Manning.

Hell the niners were 1 game away and willing to get rid of Smith to get Manning. Lots of teams were. Broncos scored big time and are very fortunate.

55CrushEm
03-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Then signing Manning was a waste. The ONLY reason he is here to win a Super Bowl now. We are going to re-evaluate our FA plan and draft plan to accomodate Manning. That means we have to win now and the only allowable goal is to win the Super Bowl. Anything else if failure.

The big question is where will this team be in 3 years? Undoubtably re-building, but will we have added any trophies to the case in that time or not?

Agreed that if we don't win a Superbowl with Manning, then getting him was definitely a huge failure. However, it doesn't have to be THIS year. As Drek pointed out.....we might use this year to acclimate Peyton to the team, the team to Manning, get a few more pieces and build the offense.

Then, NEXT year, when the cap floor gets raised.....THEN we go all out and make our run in 2013 and every remaining year that Manning is here.

ScottXray
03-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Agreed that if we don't win a Superbowl with Manning, then getting him was definitely a huge failure. However, it doesn't have to be THIS year. As Drek pointed out.....we might use this year to acclimate Peyton to the team, the team to Manning, get a few more pieces and build the offense.

Then, NEXT year, when the cap floor gets raised.....THEN we go all out and make our run in 2013 and every remaining year that Manning is here.

+1 ...Winning the SB is the only truly acceptable result , but this year is not a requirement. Winning the division, however, IS!The way the DT situation is going even that is unlikely.

Jesterhole
03-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Every team is trying to win the Superbowl every year Atwater.

Super. Bowl. Super Bowl, like the Orange Bowl, only Super. Think of it that way. You're welcome.

Abqbronco
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Please enlighten all of us idiots with your great accuracy and incredible facts. Weeeeee are waiting.

I think I quoted the wrong post. Sorry about that... Speaking of stooping

Rolandftw
03-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Every team is trying to win the Superbowl every year Atwater. Not winning the Superbowl with Orton, Cutler, Tebow just as crappy as not winning it with Manning.

Who knows if we will win it all in the next few years. I hope so. But hindsight is a joke, you just have to go for it when you get a shot at a player like Manning.

Hell the niners were 1 game away and willing to get rid of Smith to get Manning. Lots of teams were. Broncos scored big time and are very fortunate.

I think it's more crappy with Manning, in that we likely abandon more of a slow rebuild and go into win now at all costs mode.

Was very pumped about the Manning signing, but the more I think about it, the less I think the deal made sense for either party.

cutthemdown
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Super. Bowl. Super Bowl, like the Orange Bowl, only Super. Think of it that way. You're welcome.

Really? You actually felt the need to do this? And I am supposed to thank you for being an asshole. Or do you prefer ass hole?

theAPAOps5
03-22-2012, 09:40 PM
http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/11/simpsons-leaving-room.gif (http://www.tinygif.com)

Steve Sewell
03-22-2012, 09:48 PM
It's just nice having a Super Bowl caliber QB for once.

NUB
03-22-2012, 10:01 PM
I think it's more crappy with Manning, in that we likely abandon more of a slow rebuild and go into win now at all costs mode.

Was very pumped about the Manning signing, but the more I think about it, the less I think the deal made sense for either party.

It doesn't make any sense. Manning comes hobbling late into his career, Denver was just picking at #2. These two paths had no business crossing, but here we are. Again.

jerseyguy4
03-22-2012, 10:32 PM
It's just nice having a Super Bowl caliber QB for once.
100% agreement. No one look past that comment.

Yes, I agree the expectation of Manning's time here will be that Denver must get at least 1 SB to not consider it at least a partial failure.
Yes, I agree Denver should expect to win the division this year, and be in the playoffs every year

But it is hard to make the playoffs. It's much harder to maker the Superbowl, and it's stupid hard to win it. I have always taken the cheesy approach of "it's the journey, not the destintation", and I still do. (I know I'm in the minority)

If we get a 10+ win season, getting to watch Manning kick some ass in Denver, it is going to be fun....really friggin fun. I'll take a couple seasons of that. Believe it or not, I'll take that over a boring-ass season that happened to end in a SB victory. Maybe just me...whatever

baja
03-22-2012, 11:15 PM

Yes, I agree the expectation of Manning's time here will be that Denver must get at least 1 SB to not consider it at least a partial failure.
Yes, I agree Denver should expect to win the division this year, and be in the playoffs every year

But it is hard to make the playoffs. It's much harder to maker the Superbowl, and it's stupid hard to win it. I have always taken the cheesy approach of "it's the journey, not the destintation", and I still do. (I know I'm in the minority)

If we get a 10+ win season, getting to watch Manning kick some ass in Denver, it is going to be fun....really friggin fun. I'll take a couple seasons of that. Believe it or not, I'll take that over a boring-ass season that happened to end in a SB victory. Maybe just me...whatever

And therein lays the reason I will miss the promise that is Tim Tebow.

I think about having that for 15 years but then I think it's Peyton "***en" Manning

The Moops
03-26-2012, 03:55 AM
4 neck surgeries...

Broncolt
03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
4 neck surgeries...

And his neck is stronger than before the injury! Glad you pointed that out

baja
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
And his neck is stronger than before the injury! Glad you pointed that out

I'm going to start calling him Frankinmanning

55CrushEm
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM

I highly doubt that ANY season that results in a SB victory for the Broncos would be "boring".......maybe just me.

Gutless Drunk
03-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Mike Shanahan congratulates John Elway on Peyton Manning

Palm Beach, Fla. — Here at The Breakers, a palatial resort off the Atlantic Ocean where a glass of house cabernet is $10.65, NFL owners, executives and coaches just went in to hear commissioner Roger Goodell’s state of the league address.

Broncos front office boss John Elway walked in with his former coach and current Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan. The mentor and the protege were talking about Elway’s first front-office coup, Peyton Manning.

“People have no idea how much time the guy puts in,” Shanahan said Manning. “You get an opportunity to get a guy like this once in a lifetime. They got it done.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/26/12795/12795/

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
You are retarded.

well this time i dont disagree with u facts are facts.
not agreeing with people who aint sold on tebow are haters more like sorta not seeing stuff right

Pick Six
03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
You are retarded.

It's not right to abandon the Tebow experiment...unless it's Peyton F'N Manning!!!

andre
03-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Yes . rebuliding . and As Manning's coming . i'm afraid Tebow will face some different situation . but any way . hope broncos would be better in the following years in the competition for the super bowl . just buy Manning's jersey . cool http://weiketrade.com/Product/Pro5793.Html
+1