PDA

View Full Version : Did Elway and co act with integrity in their dealings with Tebow?

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Curious to hear your opinions

Ronnie Tsunami
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
There's nothing to debate IMO.

You tell a guy he's going to be the starter, but you don't expect that the GOAT will be available.

so you sign him. common sense.

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:12 PM
WHO didn't expect Manning to be available? Most people I know did which very likely means most front offices did.

Every time I try to start a poll the site takes a ****.

TheReverend
03-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Not once through their shared tenure.

Signing Manning was obviously fine. It's their treatment of Tim for the past year that has been amateurish at BEST.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
WHO didn't expect Manning to be available? Most people I know did which very likely means most front offices did.

Yeah, no ****. People have been talking about this for 9 months. All the sudden we're told Elway had a revelation.

McDman
What is he supposed to do when he is asked that? Say no?

Literally every other GM would have done the same thing.

Ronnie Tsunami

not for the broncos. i'd say most people didn't even fathom that.

Requiem
Yeah, well Tim can pray real hard tonight and ask for guidance. Goodbye TIm.

BroncoBeavis
What is he supposed to do when he is asked that? Say no?

Literally every other GM would have done the same thing.

Except for 20 or so of them. They did something else.

yerner
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
who cares.

db56
Its my personal opinion is that Elway should have traded Tebow or cut him the second he felt Tebow didnt have a long term future in Denver. Instead he played the role of a seasoned snake like politician, watching the magic happen and pretending to be onboard when the fact is he was never on board and I personally dont like it.

But I guess its business as usual in Denver......

Ray Finkle
It's professional football, no one is guaranteed anything. Whether you are the 1st or 53rd man, you are replaceable.

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I think this plays into what we are ultimately rooting for. It's not about wanting Tim to start, it's about a lack of ethics and decency demonstrated by the FO. I will always be a Broncos fan but their handling of the QB that got them into the playoffs last year and clearly gave it his all has made me lose significant respect for the FO, Manning or not. It's not replacing him, it's how you replaced him. It's the straight up lies and the lack of communication.

db56
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah, well Tim can pray real hard tonight and ask for guidance. Goodbye TIm.

Not sure but I think you missed the point of the thread.....

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
not for the broncos. i'd say most people didn't even fathom that.

Because he said Tebow had earned the right to start and had a long future in Denver. Why lie about this? There was nothing to gain and a lot of face to lose. It's douchey is what it is. Forget about the fact that I think Tebow has the potential to develop into something special down the road.

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 08:19 PM
I think, instead of saying "I think Tebow has earned the right to be the starting QB going into training camp," he should have said:

"We like Tim Tebow an awful lot. He improved in certain facets of his game this season, but we know he will have to improve more. QB is the most important position in today's NFL, and like all positions, we will evaluate what is available, and if we can improve the Denver Broncos in any way--we will."

Requiem
03-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Not sure but I think you missed the point of the thread.....

Requiem is taiwanese for random poster.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 08:21 PM
What a distortion of the facts, time table of events, and realistic expectations.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
WHO didn't expect Manning to be available?

Free and clear? I didn't expect Manning to come available free and clear. I thought for sure there would be strings attached.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Free and clear? I didn't expect Manning to come available free and clear. I thought for sure there would be strings attached.

That makes no sense. Everyone knew the Colts would cut Manning. Even they weren't dumb enough to think he'd get paid MORE.

Only we were dumb enough to make that a reality.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Funny. Sometimes people rip on Elway and say he gives up too much information. He's not sneaky enough. Then when he does something sneaky you wonder if he's a liar.

The fact is every GM will always make a move to make the team better. Elway is no different.

SJ Bronco
03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Cutler got a raw deal, Tebow just got dealt.

SoCalBronco
Obviously not...but they just never wanted him and didn't want to work with him, which is too bad. They got their guy and we'll see if it works out in the way they have planned it out.

cousinal11
We just landed Peyton Manning. If you aren't excited or are upset about this, good riddance.

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:26 PM

So let's say you're an FO guy and you put just as much thought into researching potential FAs as you do the draft... you're going to know there's a good chance you'll go after Peyton if he becomes available. At that point do you go and promise 1st team reps in TC to your current QB?

It only makes sense to me if I assume Elway just didn't give a **** about what Tebow did for the team.

P.S. Still happy about Peyton - this isn't about that.

Swedish Extrovert
03-19-2012, 08:27 PM

This. Noone could have rightly anticipated that Manning would be available without any picks or players involved.

errand
03-19-2012, 08:27 PM
First off there was speculation that the Colts, even if they wanted Luck, would still retain Manning... after all, who better for the kid to learn from...if Tebow could learn from the master, why couldn't Luck?

They paid Manning 20 milion last year and he didn't play a ****ing down for them...so to say there was no way in hell they'd pay him $28 mil and draft Luck is ignorant....

But to be honest who cares how they handled it?...they got the guy they wanted, and if he helps us win a title, then you can go on bitching while the rest of the us who don't worship tebow will celebrate the victory

bowtown
03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Integrity, inschmegrity

BroncoBeavis
This. Noone could have rightly anticipated that Manning would be available without any picks or players involved.

WTF are you talking about. This has been theorized for at least 6 months.

SJ Bronco

Ditto

BroncoBeavis
Integrity, inschmegrity

This is why we're ****ed.

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Obviously not...but they just never wanted him and didn't want to work with him, which is too bad. They got their guy and we'll see if it works out in the way they have planned it out.

Does that effect, perhaps your perception of the franchise in any way?

I suspect me feeling this way will be temporary. I wonder what kind of sense any of this makes to a 12 year old Broncos fan (the age I was when I became a serious fan).

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:30 PM

And this is a totally fair point. I wasn't even thinking about Manning at all. Having said that they weren't in any kind of communication with Tebow when they knew they were going after Manning. That sort of kills that argument as it relates to the original question.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
So let's say you're an FO guy and you put just as much thought into researching potential FAs as you do the draft... you're going to know there's a good chance you'll go after Peyton if he becomes available. At that point do you go and promise 1st team reps in TC to your current QB?

It only makes sense to me if I assume Elway just didn't give a **** about what Tebow did for the team.

P.S. Still happy about Peyton - this isn't about that.

I think the reports that had John Fox interested in Tebow only after Manning and Irsay had their fall-out are probably true.

SoCalBronco
03-19-2012, 08:32 PM

I suspect me feeling this way will be temporary. I wonder what kind of sense any of this makes to a 12 year old Broncos fan (the age I was when I became a serious fan).

My perception of them wasn't particularly high to start out with, anyway. :)

Taco John
WTF are you talking about. This has been theorized for at least 6 months.

By who? No one on this forum theorized it. And no one in the media that I saw did. Got a link?

bowtown

Grows pubes.

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
My perception of them wasn't particularly high to start out with, anyway. :)

lol I asked the wrong guy.

Grows pubes.

at age 12? I had a ****ing schwarzwald going on down there already.

OBF1
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
No...never. The front office acted like a huge POS the past year when it came to Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
By who? No one on this forum theorized it. And no one in the media that I saw did. Got a link?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6944302/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-more-surgery-neck

ESPN article from September that mentions it.

jbiel
03-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Wow. Have you guys not heard the excitement in the broncos players. I like Tebow but this team just got a lot better!

Taco John
03-19-2012, 08:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6944302/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-more-surgery-neck

ESPN article from September that mentions it.

LOL - back when no one knew if he'd even play another down again.

What paragraph in particular are you pointing at. I'm not seeing it.

cmhargrove
03-19-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure I can pass judgement on this without knowing what the conversations were between Tebow and the FO behind closed doors. Maybe it comes out in the future, but right now we have no idea what their discussions actually were.

Just like Schefter reported we were the front runners for Manning all along - who knew? We are all just forced to speculate and will probably never know the way it all actually went down. Honestly, we are still guessing the way we think it will go down, and nothing has happened yet.

Thread is a little premature.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow. Have you guys not heard the excitement in the broncos players. I like Tebow but this team just got a lot better!

Oh these guys have heard the excitement in the players voices. They just happen to think they know better than the players on what's good for them and the team.

Seamus
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
It is known the NFL stand for Not For Long anyway.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL - back when no one knew if he'd even play another down again.

What paragraph in particular are you pointing at. I'm not seeing it.

Didn't I say 6 months ago? So I point out something 6 months ago and you say it was too long...

It is much too early to predict what will happen, but the Colts can get out of Peyton Manning's contract after one year and $26 million without any other money being guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

According to the source, Manning has a $28 million club option bonus in Year 2 that is due on the fifth day prior to the end of the 2011 league year (which will occurr sometime in late February 2012). But if the Colts cut Manning before that date, they don't have to pay it and Manning would become an unrestricted free agent.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
>But if the Colts cut Manning before that date, they don't have to pay it and Manning would become an unrestricted free agent.

So that's a pretty big "if."

go_broncos
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
I didn't like it..Unfortunately, NFL is business...That's the reason players these days want new contract before the old one.
Tebow is new to this and i hope he better understand and stop being nice(while dealing with teams).

See Colts..they cut manning though he was the face of the franchise.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
>But if the Colts cut Manning before that date, they don't have to pay it and Manning would become an unrestricted free agent.

So that's a pretty big "if."

Nobody was going to pay Peyton's $28 million roster bonus. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh these guys have heard the excitement in the players voices. They just happen to think they know better than the players on what's good for them and the team.

I'm excited. I think we're a better team now than we were yesterday. This isn't about Peyton Manning. It's about the way our FO has dealt with a player that was a HUGE part of our team last year.

errand
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM

WE aren't screwed...YOU are...well, YOU and your clown posse of nuthuggers...

Sorry but this is what happens when you engage in hero worship

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ANZYWy7-Mrg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ANZYWy7-Mrg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 08:46 PM

http://taylorblitztimes.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/bill_belichick12.jpg

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
http://taylorblitztimes.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/bill_belichick12.jpg

Damn it. That's tough to argue with.

That guy gets Tebow and my whole belief system will implode.

Turd_Ferguson
03-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Bill Parcells once called a player a girl to the media. Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, ask them if they thought it was fair there were traded/cut. Did Keyshon like Gruden, did they treat each other like old pals? Tom Coughlin, Mike Shanahan.... All called out by players for being mean and unfair.... All very successful NFL coaches/front office guys.

Guess who is nice though... Wade Phillips. Players LOVE him.

bowtown
03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Al Wilson knows all about integrity.

dsmoot
03-19-2012, 08:57 PM
I think this plays into what we are ultimately rooting for. It's not about wanting Tim to start, it's about a lack of ethics and decency demonstrated by the FO. I will always be a Broncos fan but their handling of the QB that got them into the playoffs last year and clearly gave it his all has made me lose significant respect for the FO, Manning or not. It's not replacing him, it's how you replaced him. It's the straight up lies and the lack of communication.

What do the Broncos do at QB tomorrow if Manning called Elway this morning and said "I am going with the 49ers"? Do they get rid of Tim because they had an opportunity to get one of the top 10 QB's of all time and pursued him. There was no guarantee this would go down in their favor. What is unethical about trying to significantly upgrade your team. Do you avoid the opportunity to get to the SB with Manning vs letting Tebow develop and maybe make the playoffs. This is a business. Manning is not some journeyman QB with a mediocre resume. Tebow should realize the Broncos were going to bring somebody in to compete with him regardless of him being named the starter at the beginning of camp.

Having said that, I think Tebow will develop into a very good QB and I don't want him to leave. At the same time, the Tebowmania needs to quiet down a bit.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Nobody was going to pay Peyton's $28 million roster bonus. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Why wouldn't they? What do you think was the basis of the $30 million signing bonus we're going to give him?

Chris
03-19-2012, 08:59 PM
What do the Broncos do at QB tomorrow if Manning called Elway this morning and said "I am going with the 49ers"? Do they get rid of Tim because they had an opportunity to get one of the top 10 QB's of all time and pursued him. There was no guarantee this would go down in their favor. What is unethical about trying to significantly upgrade your team. Do you avoid the opportunity to get to the SB with Manning vs letting Tebow develop and maybe make the playoffs. This is a business. Manning is not some journeyman QB with a mediocre resume. Tebow should realize the Broncos were going to bring somebody in to compete with him regardless of him being named the starter at the beginning of camp.

Having said that, I think Tebow will develop into a very good QB and I don't want him to leave. At the same time, the Tebowmania needs to quiet down a bit.

Nothing. What's unethical is leaving the guy that lead your team to the playoffs wondering what the heck's going on then saying you're going to trade him (and the only reason for that points to the fact that they just want rid of Tebow).

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Why wouldn't they? What do you think was the basis of the $30 million signing bonus we're going to give him?

OK then. Why the hell didn't we just pick him up from the Colts?

Answer me that. Imagine all the heartache it would've saved.

errand

This....

Even throughout the 7 of 8 winning streak that put us into first place, the players were uneven or lukewarm in their praise of Tim

PRBronco

Signing Manning was obviously fine. It's their treatment of Tim for the past year that has been amateurish at BEST.

Exactly, I'm so annoyed with the team right now. I should be stoked that we pulled off something as epic as signing Peyton Manning but all I am is pissed at their bush league dealings with Tebow.

bpc
03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
They definitely could have handled it better. Elway has always worked with a swagger and here he is again, landing Manning. Hard to complain with this end result though. He made it happen. I'll miss Tebow though. He was everything that was good with sports... then again so is Manning. Probably my two favorite players at QB based on their work ethic. It's a bittersweet day. I'm looking forward to the future, also hoping that Tebow stuns the league and has great success wherever he lands, as long as it is not KC, Oakland, SD.

Turd_Ferguson
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Whats more important... That you told Tebow he would be the starter going into training camp, or that you have a chance to sign a hall of fame QB?

What difference does it make if Tebow's feelings are hurt. BOO HOO! He is not going to be a starter for any team in the NFL this year. You people want the Broncos to start a QB that CANT start for any team in the NFL for a full season over a hall of famer?

errand
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
OK then. Why the hell didn't we just pick him up from the Colts?

Answer me that. Imagine all the heartache it would've saved.

Who's heartache? Yours?

Sorry but I for one am glad the Broncos don't consult your hero worshiping ass for advice on how to run the team....

baja
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Tim Tebow = a ton of class

Denver front office = low level of class but they justify it by calling it "business"

Tebow deserved better, hope he finds it on his next stop. All he does is inspire teammates to win.

Let's see what the future holds....

SoCalBronco
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM

Denver front office = low level of class but they justify it by calling it "business"

Tebow deserved better, hope he finds it on his next stop. All he does is inspire teammates to win.

Good post, bro.

BTW I'm glad to see you posting more.

Pony Boy
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
To be fair no one really knows how Elway handled this behind closed doors, maybe Tebow was contacted before this all got rolling and maybe he heard about it on twitter along with everyone else. We will all never know unless Tebow writes a tall all book and he has too much class for that.

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM

Yawn.

I'm sorry, but I'm so tired of hearing this rah-rah bull****. It's like people forget that 5 of his wins last year came when the defense allowed less than 15 points. Or how we had NO BUSINESS winning the Chicago game. Or the Minnesota game. Or the times we all just groaned when he couldn't make up his mind where to throw the ball...or simply threw it into the dirt. Or the COUNTLESS 3 and outs. Or how dumbed down the playbook was. Or how we only really beat 1 quality team, and got our asses handed to us by others. Or how we got beat 7-0 on our home field in a game that was win and in. We're getting one of the most proficient, hard working, prolific, smart QB's to ever play the game...and people are still whining like they forgot this was a business. I like Tebow...but he's not ready for the show. He was a 4 year project coming out, and he showed that he still needs a year or two before being given the keys to the franchise.

There's a new sheriff in town...and we're about to see how a team leader demands perfection and competence. Not just "faith" and "believing in each other." I can't be the only one who got sick of Tim's canned response, "I think this team just has faith and believes in each other... blah blah blah." Peyton is going to take over this team and make every player better not because of some superficial feelings...but because of how they perform. Whether they miss an assignment or drop a pass... we'll know who's boss. /rant over

Edited to make sense.

HAT
03-19-2012, 09:22 PM

They would have paid it in an instant if Luck tore an ACL in a December practice.......

See how those IFs that TJ was talking about work?

go_broncos
03-19-2012, 09:27 PM

Good Post Baja...Frankly, Tebow doesn't fit in NFL..
You can't be this good in NFL.

bombay
03-19-2012, 09:28 PM
They acted perfectly.

HAT
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM

Is that you McGuano?

BroncoBeavis
They would have paid it in an instant if Luck tore an ACL in a December practice.......

See how those IFs that TJ was talking about work?

Dude, any team in the NFL could've walked up to the Colts and had PM for the $28 million and maybe a practice squad player or 6th round pick.

Nobody wanted PM for $28 mil. Which is why TJ won't answer.

rmsanger
Sorry I'm gonna back Elway and Bowlen's corner before Teeb's... Yall can follow Tim to his next team if he gets traded.

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 09:30 PM

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

Jesterhole
03-19-2012, 09:31 PM
At this point, if we can't get something decent for Tebow, like a 2nd or a good player, we might as well keep him. Let him do some learning, get in on some trick plays here and there, and see if he develops.

He is under contract for three years, so he has no leverage.

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 09:32 PM
At this point, if we can't get something decent for Tebow, like a 2nd or a good player, we might as well keep him. Let him do some learning, get in on some trick plays here and there, and see if he develops.

He is under contract for three years, so he has no leverage.

I doubt Manning is going to want his unit to have to deal with that sideshow.

baja
03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Yawn.

I'm sorry, but I'm so tired of hearing this rah-rah bull****. It's like people forget that 5 of his wins last year came when the defense allowed less than 15 points. Or how we had NO BUSINESS winning the Chicago game. Or the Minnesota game. Or the times we all just groaned when he couldn't make up his mind where to throw the ball...or simply threw it into the dirt. Or the COUNTLESS 3 and outs. Or how dumbed down the playbook was. Or how we only really beat 1 quality team, and got our asses handed to us by others. Or how we got beat 7-0 on our home field in a game that was win and in. We're getting one of the most proficient, hard working, prolific, smart QB's to ever play the game...and people are still whining like they forgot this was a business. I like Tebow...but he's not ready for the show. He was a 4 year project coming out, and he showed that he still needs a year or two before being given the keys to the franchise.

There's a new sheriff in town...and we're about to see how a team leader demands perfection and competence. Not just "faith" and "believing in each other." I can't be the only one who got sick of Tim's canned response, "I think this team just has faith and believes in each other... blah blah blah." Peyton is going to take over this team and make every player better not because of some superficial feelings...but because of how they perform. Whether they miss an assignment or drop a pass... we'll know who's boss. /rant over

Edited to make sense.

Well you better edit it again because it still doesn't make sense.

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM

Feel free to refute which points don't make sense to you.

strafen
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM

I'm pretty sure Tebow understands.
You saw a chance to get better and you took advantage of it.
That's what F.O type people are supposed to do.

As far as I'm concerned, EFX had all intention in doing what they said were going to do with respect to Tebow during the off-season...
Of course, the availability of Peyton changed all of that; understandibly so...

HAT
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Dude, any team in the NFL could've walked up to the Colts and had PM for the $28 million and maybe a practice squad player or 6th round pick.

Nobody wanted PM for $28 mil. Which is why TJ won't answer.

Stop twisting the argument jhiz....

You: Denver FO promised Teebz a job.

TJ: Nobody knew Manning could be had for nothing (other than $$$) when said FO made that statement.

You: Some gay ass link how EVERYONE knew it was a foregone conclusion that the Colts would release him since last September.

Your linked "article" sucks as much as your original premise. Luck so much as pulls a hammy in his bowl game & you can bet your ass that Manning is not a Bronco tonight.

HAT
03-19-2012, 09:36 PM

Smoke another bowl and it just might, hippie.

baja
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Feel free to refute which points don't make sense to you.

How does one refute gibberish.

Boobs McGee
03-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Nothing. What's unethical is leaving the guy that lead your team to the playoffs wondering what the heck's going on then saying you're going to trade him (and the only reason for that points to the fact that they just want rid of Tebow).

This is the part that I disagree with. Not so much a disagreement, but like you'd mentioned before, a lack of truth.

It seems more logical to me, that Tebow was informed of the upcoming decisions, but was asked to keep quiet about things....and Timmay, being the upstanding guy that he is, understood the situation, and chose to keep his mouth shut.

I dunno. I can see how their actions could be interpreted as sneaky/backstabberyish/unprofessional, but at the same time, I think that our own feelings towards such a great human being (Timothy Richard) push opinions into a more defensive stance. Almost like he's family, and we have MUCH more personal ties to him because of what he brought us.

For me, when I try to step back and take an objective look, it seems like nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the handling of the situation.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
This is the part that I disagree with. Not so much a disagreement, but like you'd mentioned before, a lack of truth.

It seems more logical to me, that Tebow was informed of the upcoming decisions, but was asked to keep quiet about things....and Timmay, being the upstanding guy that he is, understood the situation, and chose to keep his mouth shut.

I dunno. I can see how their actions could be interpreted as sneaky/backstabberyish/unprofessional, but at the same time, I think that our own feelings towards such a great human being (Timothy Richard) push opinions into a more defensive stance. Almost like he's family, and we have MUCH more personal ties to him because of what he brought us.

For me, when I try to step back and take an objective look, it seems like nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the handling of the situation.

If press accounts are correct, the team had 0 (zero) contact with Tebow through the whole debacle. Nothing family-like about that if true.

Blueflame
03-19-2012, 09:52 PM
The decision to pursue Manning wasn't about Tebow. It was about Manning. When it's possible to get a player of Manning's caliber... without having to give up multiple high draft picks to his former team... then you do it. End of story.

Boobs McGee
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
If press accounts are correct, the team had 0 (zero) contact with Tebow through the whole debacle. Nothing family-like about that if true.

If that's true, then it's ****ty.

Still, there are always three sides to every story, and without taking a look at all of them, it's pretty tough to pass judgement.

bombay
03-19-2012, 09:55 PM
The circus, without a doubt, is leaving town. Elway wouldn't inflict those infected with Tebola on Manning, nor should he. The fact that he is worth nothing should really say something to them, but of course it doesn't. You must suspend reality to be a tebow accolyte.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 09:57 PM
If that's true, then it's ****ty.

Still, there are always three sides to every story, and without taking a look at all of them, it's pretty tough to pass judgement.

That's where you rely on track record. There's nothing there to think they gave two ****s about giving the kid a fair shake.

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
How does one refute gibberish.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJCeRY96SM2wQ4YbKRiutGYrWBFUbNN 3EDEpB_3ANn3HxlcCO_Z2Kl4BBN

HAT
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
The decision to pursue Manning wasn't about Tebow. It was about Manning. When it's possible to get a player of Manning's caliber... without having to give up multiple high draft picks to his former team... then you do it. End of story.

Seriously.....Let's just pretend for a second that Kobe sat out the 2011-2012 season because of an injury that just about every NBA doctor says won't seriously affect him going forward but he may lose some range on his 3 point shot.

Lakers cut him.....Would the Knicks FO be stupid to pursue/sign? Even if it meant the end of Lin-Sanity?

Mk2
03-19-2012, 10:13 PM

I had to break the news to my 9 year old today....it wasn't pretty ...

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Literally thousands of little Broncos fans were crushed today. And these ****s think it's funny.

Chris
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM

What was the reaction?

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Literally thousands of little Broncos fans were crushed today. And these ****s think it's funny.

http://medtips.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/baby-cry.jpg

Hamrob
Hey, they never believed 100% in Tebow. Neither did 99% of the rest of the NFL.

I believe in Tebow....but, I'm in a huge minority.

That being said, how can anyone blame Elway for going after Manning? That's just stupid.

No, I don't think the Broncos were unethical...Tebow did not show enough progress in the passing game to warrant this team from not persuing Manning.

To me............the New England game sunk Tebow's boat. He had just looked remarkable against the Steelers, throwing for 300 yards in the biggest game Denver had since 2005. Then, he ****s the bed against NE. He just didn't look like a guy that can play QB.

That's the problem with Tim right now....he's got a lot to learn. He's got an exteme amount of talent...that few give him credit for....most like to mock him, but his passing skills are below average right now.

To me, he reminds me of Steve Young. If he truly wants it, and he's willing to take a back seat, for the next few year...I can see him having a career similar to Steve Young's. But, for now...he's going to have a tough time...due to his unbelievable fame.

I really wish...Elway would sit Tebow down and make him learn from Manning. He'd be amazing down the road....but, I just don't see that happening.

The Broncos will either trade him for a 5th, swap him to move up in a round, or cut him out right.

hookemhess

That is a first world problem if I've ever heard one.

BroncoMan4ever
03-19-2012, 10:28 PM

available was pretty widely known. however no one knew Denver would be a considered landing spot

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
That is a first world problem if I've ever heard one.

Wonder who'd understand that better? PM or TT?

Turd_Ferguson
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
The circus, without a doubt, is leaving town. Elway wouldn't inflict those infected with Tebola on Manning, nor should he. The fact that he is worth nothing should really say something to them, but of course it doesn't. You must suspend reality to be a tebow accolyte.

No doubt... There is absolutely no team in the NFL that is going to pick him up to be their starter, let alone franchise QB... Lebron James is on ESPN talking about how great Tebow is... Maybe he should try out for the Heat, I bet his jumper is just as pretty as his spiral.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM

This.

HAT
03-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Literally thousands of little TEBOW fans were crushed today. And these ****s think it's funny.

FYP.

Bronco fans root for the jersey....Dads everywhere should thank Elway for teaching Jr. an early lesson.

You remind me of every female Angels fan I knew in 2004 when they dumped David Eckstein. Great kid who overcame long odds plus kidney disease and still overachieved. And he was a gator to boot.

Chicks dig those kinds of stories.

I hope TT can bounce around the league as long as Eck did.

db56
03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
FYP.

Bronco fans root for the jersey....Dads everywhere should thank Elway for teaching Jr. an early lesson.

You remind me of every female Angels fan I knew in 2004 when they dumped David Eckstein. Great kid who overcame long odds plus kidney disease and still overachieved. And he was a gator to boot.

Right.. I told my 10 year old son this afternoon that NFL Football is a business and sometimes ego's and inflated arrogance get in the way of treating people with integrity and respect. just because you work your ass off and deliver doesnt promise you anything in professional sports. you win at any cost and thats all that matters...

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
FYP.

This kid was an Elway fan before he knew what being a Bronco fan was. That's the way it works. What you think kids fall in love with the horsey logo?

They fall in love with heros. And we just popped a squat on one. Some day this little generation will be the ones buying tickets. And they'll be around a long time after a bunch of crusty old ****s used to brag about a sellout streak that could never end.

HAT
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Right.. I told my 10 year old son this afternoon that NFL Football is a business and sometimes ego's and inflated arrogance get in the way of treating people with integrity and respect. just because you work your ass off and deliver doesnt promise you anything in professional sports. you win at any cost and thats all that matters...

Good for you. I told my 8YO daughter the same thing. Then I followed it up with that's why you shouldn't treat businesses as heroes.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Good for you. I told my 8YO daughter the same thing. Then I followed it up with that's why you shouldn't treat businesses as heroes.

Might as well say there's no such thing. **** that.

HAT
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
This kid was an Elway fan before he knew what being a Bronco fan was. That's the way it works. What you think kids fall in love with the horsey logo?

They fall in love with heros. And we just popped a squat on one.

So what's the problem then? He'll just go on to be a fan of wherever Tebow ends up?

HAT
03-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Might as well say there's no such thing. **** that.

As business heroes? I agree.

I'd be pissed if my kid rocked a Trump jersey.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:52 PM
So what's the problem then? He'll just go on to be a fan of wherever Tebow ends up?

That's what I'm afraid of. Hate taking the kids to the games of a team they can't respect.

spdirty
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Compared to mcdip**** Elway is a saint. What I care about is "is the team as a whole better than it was when Elway took over?". Answer to that is an obvious YES!!!!!

And to directly answer the question, my answer is I don't give a ****. We got Peyton Manning!!!

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:54 PM
As business heroes? I agree.

I'd be pissed if my kid rocked a Trump jersey.

Football didn't used to be this way. When everyone talks about FA QB's being a rarity, this is why.

TT is a hero in the business. There's no disputing it.

bombay
03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Really, the teblowers are bringing the 'think of the children' bs?

Tebow is gone. Go with him.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Really, the teblowers are bringing the 'think of the children' bs?

Tebow is gone. Go with him.

Children.... things change when you have them.

Vegas_Bronco
03-19-2012, 10:58 PM

This is a product of our modern culture...distrust is the new moray.

baja
03-19-2012, 11:00 PM

I don't think anyone can deny that. I understand that if you have a chance to get a player the caliber of Payton Manning you gotta do it. The issue is (and i understand it is speculation based on TJs source) the lack of respect toward Tebow. Word is they didn't even bother to let him know what their plans were. Many of us feel Tebow deserved a little more respect.

Personally I was enjoying the thought of 15 years of Tebow in Denver. I think Denver will be a much better team in the short term but at the expense of never knowing how great Tebow could have become with some coaching. Who knows maybe we'll keep him. I sure hope so.

HAT
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
That's what I'm afraid of. Hate taking the kids to the games of a team they can't respect.

In other words....You're just pissed your kid might grow up liking a different team then you?

(In before family smack claims)

Houshyamama
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Its my personal opinion is that Elway should have traded Tebow or cut him the second he felt Tebow didnt have a long term future in Denver. Instead he played the role of a seasoned snake like politician, watching the magic happen and pretending to be onboard when the fact is he was never on board and I personally dont like it.

But I guess its business as usual in Denver......

Tim Tebow is not entitled to a single damn thing just because he's a nice guy. Other players are not treated with kid gloves, Timmy shouldn't be either. Tim Tebow will be just fine.

lonestar
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
I do not like how this has gone down..

I would have hoped that someone from the front office at least called Tebow so he did not have to hear it via tweet.. or someone from ESPN calling him..

now that said..

I hope they get somehting of value for him and send him to a team that he can start for..

I suspect that some day this is all going to come back and bite us in the ass..
Tebow is going to kick our ass like Manning used to do to us..

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 11:11 PM
In other words....You're just pissed your kid might grow up liking a different team then you?

(In before family smack claims)

Pissed because if my kid is who I think he is, he SHOULDN'T like the same team I do.

baja
03-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I do not like how this has gone down..

I would have hoped that someone from the front office at least called Tebow so he did not have to hear it via tweet.. or someone from ESPN calling him..

now that said..

I hope they get somehting of value for him and send him to a team that he can start for..

If he goes to NE watch out.

HAT
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM

There's a 200 page thread somewhere where people said the same thing about White Tolbert.

Relax.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
If he goes to NE watch out.

Like I said, he goes to NE, expect a Red Sox style curse. We'll see how many Broncos games the Manningites will want to attend during those 6-10 seasons.

HAT
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Pissed because if my kid is who I think he is, he SHOULDN'T like the same team I do.

REP.....Kids should be allowed to find their own way......And pick their own teams for their own reasons.

:strong:

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
REP.....Kids should be allowed to find their own way......And pick their own teams for their own reasons.

So I should be proud to have a team I can't be proud of...

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Uh, why? Teams do things all the time that fans don't agree with. Doesn't mean you should pick a different team to cheer for.

There's not a single organization in professional sports that is perfect, that hasn't done wrong to a player over time.

There is no loyalty in sports. None by players, and none by owners.

Some fans, stick by their team, no matter what while others pick a new team based on which team has the better chance to win.

DarkHorse
03-19-2012, 11:23 PM
What does it matter, it's a business and better players over the years have been treated worse by teams.

I suppose the pro tebow folks want some sort of charges to be filed.

HAT
03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
What does it matter, it's a business and better players over the years have been treated worse by teams.

I suppose the pro tebow folks want some sort of charges to be filed.

For the kids!

Vegas_Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:27 PM

No kids can't be trusted...watching a kid waffle through his fav teams does nothing for his character. Teach them to love the game with you and they'll always be a fan of your favorite teams...so will the dog.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Some fans, stick by their team, no matter what while others pick a new team based on which team has the better chance to win.

So I guess what you're saying is that the former are saps and the latter are the smart ones.

HAT
03-19-2012, 11:29 PM
No kids can't be trusted...watching a kid waffle through his fav teams does nothing for his character. Teach them to love the game with you and they'll always be a fan of your favorite teams...so will the dog.

:wiggle:

Speaking of waffle.....Whatever happened to waffleboy anyway?

NUB
03-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Nobody ever wanted Tebow in the first place post-McDaniels. It is a part of the business. The FO are still a bunch of tools for buying into Manning, though.

Miss I.
03-19-2012, 11:47 PM

I got to go with this.

I think picking up Peyton was right, but their was a level of bull**** that got spread largely to keep the fans happy I guess that wasn't fair to Tebow.

some of the things said were overanalyzed, but I do specifically think telling him he'd earned the starter spot going into training camp, no matter how you spin it, was crap. Tim did deserve better. I hope he gets it.

Yes this is a business and Peyton is an upgrade, but it doesn't exempt them from bull****ting the fans and Tim. I'd say they would have been better saying less, but I also know the fans would've overanalyzed lack of talk the same way they overexamined every word they did say.

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 11:56 PM
So I guess what you're saying is that the former are saps and the latter are the smart ones.

Nah, depends what you get out of being a fan. If you are looking to be a fan of an organization that always does the 'right thing' though, you're going to be looking for an awfully long time.

Broncos have made plenty of mistakes over the years. This could end up being another one. Guess, we'll see.

For it to be a mistake, Tebow would have to go elsewhere and prove everyone wrong. Wouldn't put it past him. Course, if Denver gets a SB run with Manning, doubt too many people would say it was a bad move.

Blueflame
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't think anyone can deny that. I understand that if you have a chance to get a player the caliber of Payton Manning you gotta do it. The issue is (and i understand it is speculation based on TJs source) the lack of respect toward Tebow. Word is they didn't even bother to let him know what their plans were. Many of us feel Tebow deserved a little more respect.

Personally I was enjoying the thought of 15 years of Tebow in Denver. I think Denver will be a much better team in the short term but at the expense of never knowing how great Tebow could have become with some coaching. Who knows maybe we'll keep him. I sure hope so.

I do understand that take... but really, until Manning's decision was final today, there wasn't much to tell Tebow. Yeah, maybe someone should have made a phone call (if they in truth didn't... everyone is going by unsubstantiated "reports" that there was no contact and a lot of the recent media reports weren't entirely accurate).

It will be interesting to watch how the rest of the offseason plays out... it seems pretty certain that more changes are going to happen and I do believe the end result will be an improved team on the field in 2012.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM

I did!. If you thought he would be available at all, you had to know that it would be as a UFA. The March 7 date that his 28 mill bonus had to be paid
was set in stone and widely discussed.

there were only three possible outcomes.

1. Indy would cut ties and release him so they didn't have to pay him. Then draft Luck. Since this was before FA was in effect they couldn't wait, and they couldn't trade him.

2. They would pay him , and trade the #1 pick for Maximum effect to rebuild. But once the 28 mill was paid they were committed to keeping him. No one would even ask about a trade for him if Indy paid him.

3. He would take a large pay reduction and Indy would keep them both. Not in either of the players plans, and since PM thinks he can still play, especially not in his.

Drek
03-20-2012, 02:15 AM
It's professional football, no one is guaranteed anything. Whether you are the 1st or 53rd man, you are replaceable.

Is pro football really so damn important that the concept of class and professionalism go out the window?

No one is saying this was a bad football move. Hell, it's a fantastic football move. It is very exciting from an on-field perspective. But if you have any real hope that integrity begets integrity then this can't settle completely well with you, and if so doesn't it then detract from your ability to enjoy the rewards of this acquisition?

The biggest problem I personally have with it is how quickly the plaudits of "class" and "professionalism" are attached to current management for treating the object of their affection so well. Who doesn't give respect to an object of such great desire? That is not class or professionalism and attaching those phrases to how the front office has conducted itself is an insult to people who actually try to embody those characteristics in their day to day lives, regardless of the personal gain associated.

One's personal character is never measured in how you treat those most important to your own success. It is measured in how you treat those with the least importance. That is when the truth of who you are is revealed.

Or to put it more succinctly, I'll quote another NFL legend who helped build the game to it's current status.

"Treat every man like a gentleman. Not because they are, because you are."
- Ed Sabol

Fedaykin
03-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Wow, what a bunch of whiners.

We have no idea what really happened -- the media you guys all gobble up like idiots has been 99% wrong in this whole deal (just like everything else). For all we know, they have Tebow's blessing. The real situation won't be understood for quite some time -- if at all.

You think you blowhards who've been running around bad mouthing Elway would have learned from previous mistakes and kept your ****ing pie holes shut until the facts were laid bare. You've already been embarrassed once -- why set yourselves up for more?

extralife
03-20-2012, 02:39 AM

This would be true if following professional sports were of any meaningful utilitarian consequence. It isn't. If you want John Elway to raise your kid for you while you continue to act like a ten year old, that's your problem. Protip: your kid won't be able to grow up until you do.

Your opinions on the team are irrelevant, because you've already more or less admitted that you think Tim Tebow should be the QB primarily because of what he does off the field. You think this makes you a "good person," but it actually makes you an incredibly narrow minded, conceited, and egotistical person. Because you pretend that what Tebow does in reality is important, but you clearly don't believe that at all; if you did, you'd be able to divorce it from how he throws a ball around a field and see each for what they are. You know, like a normal person. But I guess you've watched too many ESPN commercials over the years, and now you think professional sporting events are of actual consequence in the world.

Tim Tebow wasn't dragged outside and shot. He's actually still alive, he's still the same person, and he still gets paid millions of dollars to play football for a living. The world will continue turning, and if Tebow is a tenth of the person he's billed as, nothing important will change in his life. Your attempts to paint this to your kid as a grand betrayal of human values send the exact opposite message you intend. Get over yourself.

Drek
03-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Wow, what a bunch of whiners.

We have no idea what really happened -- the media you guys all gobble up like idiots has been 99% wrong in this whole deal (just like everything else). For all we know, they have Tebow's blessing. The real situation won't be understood for quite some time -- if at all.

You think you blowhards who've been running around bad mouthing Elway would have learned from previous mistakes and kept your ****ing pie holes shut until the facts were laid bare. You've already been embarrassed once -- why set yourselves up for more?

When exactly was this previous embarrassment you describe?

And how are we relying on the media to give us facts when we can look at the last calendar year of Elway's own words about Tebow with respect to Elway's own actions?

If anything the media is selling this as "business as usual". Its those of us who actually believe class and integrity still hold a place in contemporary society that take issue with this FO's style of player relations.

fontaine
03-20-2012, 02:47 AM

My opinions:

1. No one except Elway/Fox and Tebow know exactly what was promised/agreed to him but all along they've made it clear there would be competition at the job.

2. Does it really matter? To the same set of stubborn, "hurt my vag" type of fans here EFX can do no right.

Whether it's the goofballs coming up with conspiracy theories that EFX purposefully kept Tebow on the bench last year to stop escalators blowing up his contract to millions, or gossip queens yammering about how Bowlen's broke even though he's yet again paying through the teeth at the QB position.

And then there are those dumbasses that run around crying about the sky falling in after just three days of FA because we hadn't landed a big fish, claiming the FO didn't want to pay up or bid for FAs against other teams even while we were hours away from landing the biggest fish ever in Manning.

What a bunch of drama queens.

fontaine
03-20-2012, 02:55 AM
If anything the media is selling this as "business as usual". Its those of us who actually believe class and integrity still hold a place in contemporary society that take issue with this FO's style of player relations.

You're such a hypocrite. What happened to your "class and integrity" routine when Orton was benched even though he won the starting job and clearly was the better QB when Tebow was sucking against Miami/Detroit?

You were completely wrong about the FO not being able to bid for big FA players, just like you were completely wrong about the FO just wanting to settle for the leftovers of FA, just like you're completely wrong about getting on your soap box over the handling of ONE player when other players got treated the same way before.

I used to appreciate your posts before because they were based around Football. Now your posts can pretty much be summarized as: If the FO doesn't sign the players I want them to sign, they suck. If the FO treats the players I like badly, then they suck.

Grow up already.

Fedaykin
03-20-2012, 02:56 AM
When exactly was this previous embarrassment you describe?

A lot of folks around here were tripping over themselves to bad mouth Elway about the deal itself. Saying he was incompetent, embarrassing, whoring himself, etc. because things weren't happened how they'd imagined they should.

We've now learned that Elway & Fox did pretty much exactly what Manning appreciated which helped land him.

And how are we relying on the media to give us facts when we can look at the last calendar year of Elway's own words about Tebow with respect to Elway's own actions?

A lot of people are assuming that the PR matched what Tebow was being told in private. This is a really stupid assumption. A lot of people are also assuming that every bad thing they hear from some sensationalist media sources is true -- like the claim currently being leveled that Tebow was kept entirely in the dark about going after Manning.

Fedaykin
03-20-2012, 02:57 AM
My opinions:

1. No one except Elway/Fox and Tebow know exactly what was promised/agreed to him but all along they've made it clear there would be competition at the job.

2. Does it really matter? To the same set of stubborn, "hurt my vag" type of fans here EFX can do no right.

Whether it's the goofballs coming up with conspiracy theories that EFX purposefully kept Tebow on the bench last year to stop escalators blowing up his contract to millions, or gossip queens yammering about how Bowlen's broke even though he's yet again paying through the teeth at the QB position.

And then there are those dumbasses that run around crying about the sky falling in after just three days of FA because we hadn't landed a big fish, claiming the FO didn't want to pay up or bid for FAs against other teams even while we were hours away from landing the biggest fish ever in Manning.

What a bunch of drama queens.

QFT

Drek
03-20-2012, 03:33 AM
You're such a hypocrite. What happened to your "class and integrity" routine when Orton was benched even though he won the starting job and clearly was the better QB when Tebow was sucking against Miami/Detroit?
1. Orton didn't win the starting job. He was handed it. Neither Tebow or Quinn received a worthwhile amount of first team reps to have a legitimate competition.

2. Orton then had the starting job until this team was driven into a 1-4 hole.

3. I said at the time I'd just as gladly see Brady Quinn get the nod instead of Tebow, as Orton simply wasn't cutting it and any change was better than repeating the same mistakes.

You were completely wrong about the FO not being able to bid for big FA players, just like you were completely wrong about the FO just wanting to settle for the leftovers of FA, just like you're completely wrong about getting on your soap box over the handling of ONE player when other players got treated the same way before.
I never said they weren't able, I said they weren't willing and can't appropriately price FAs. Manning's deal is literally being templated off of his Indy contract. He never let his agent discuss contracts with anyone until he directed him to make a deal specifically with Denver. None of this required our FO to prove themselves in their greatest weakness, which is assessing and then paying fair market value for talent.

We just gave Joe Mays 3 years, $12M. Do you really think that was fair market value? Joe Mays literally ran off a plane on the tarmac to sign that deal.

I used to appreciate your posts before because they were based around Football. Now your posts can pretty much be summarized as: If the FO doesn't sign the players I want them to sign, they suck. If the FO treats the players I like badly, then they suck.

Grow up already.
No, I'd prefer to see them treat all players well. I had a very similar reaction towards this franchise with how they treated Al Wilson. I never much cared for Brandon Marshall as a person but felt that the FO depiction of him was pretty damn low class at times as well. The "class issue" with this organization has been an ongoing issue over the years that is only being brought to the forefront yet again over how they've treated one of the classiest, most professional individuals you'll meet.

A lot of folks around here were tripping over themselves to bad mouth Elway about the deal itself. Saying he was incompetent, embarrassing, whoring himself, etc. because things weren't happened how they'd imagined they should.
Great. Now please point out where I said this. You can't lump every single statement you disagree with as coming form "the opposite side" you know. That is a logical fallacy. Many of the people you disagree with on one issue completely agree with you on another. Try to not paint those you disagree with using such a broad brush.

We've now learned that Elway & Fox did pretty much exactly what Manning appreciated which helped land him.
Of course. He and Elway are apparently besties. Too bad he couldn't get the deal closed a week ago before FA opened. Then we could have had a much more competitive FA period instead of having to wait for Manning to decide.

A lot of people are assuming that the PR matched what Tebow was being told in private. This is a really stupid assumption. A lot of people are also assuming that every bad thing they hear from some sensationalist media sources is true -- like the claim currently being leveled that Tebow was kept entirely in the dark about going after Manning.
I'm not going off "sensationalist media sources" with my claim. I'm sure he wasn't in the dark because he and Manning have the same representative agency, if anything he would have found out there. It doesn't change that statements made publicly from the mouths of John Elway and John Fox depicted a much different plan for Tim Tebow's future than what they were trying to orchestrate behind the scenes.

Tim Tebow's reaction to these events, much like last camp, are telling about how much insight he was given prior to the FO's actions, i.e. none or effectively close to none. I would hope he was at least given the bare minimum of updates you'd expect like "you're going to hear about us pursuing Manning today, it is all in an attempt to make this team better" etc.. If it was a true contact blackout allowing everything to filter through his representation that would be an entirely new low for this organization.

Do you really think Elway said publicly "Tim Tebow is going into training camp as the #1 QB next year" while at the same time telling Tebow privately "dude, I'm getting you off this roster just as fast as I can!"?

Meck77
03-20-2012, 03:52 AM
If you work for someone else you risk getting replaced each and every day. The one constant with the Broncos is Pat Bowlen. All the shiat roles down hill from there.

fontaine
03-20-2012, 03:53 AM
1. Orton didn't win the starting job. He was handed it. Neither Tebow or Quinn received a worthwhile amount of first team reps to have a legitimate competition.

2. Orton then had the starting job until this team was driven into a 1-4 hole.

3. I said at the time I'd just as gladly see Brady Quinn get the nod instead of Tebow, as Orton simply wasn't cutting it and any change was better than repeating the same mistakes.

Right, so it's all class and integrity, unless the players sucks?

ROFL!

Yes, Orton absolutely sucked but I didn't see you complain about integrity and class when he was benched for an inferior (for those first two weeks) QB when Orton was clearly the better pocket QB according to any observer.

The FO/Coach dedicated millions of dollars to Tebow while he was still backup, then change the entire offense to suit him, and then commit to helping him be a better QB in the offseason.

THAT'S all the integrity and class you can expect from any organization.

Until a better player comes along. That's the accepteable way in the NFL and FFS that's why there's FA and draft, to replace/bench/and get better at positions.

What's next? The FO didn't treat Knowshon Moreno with class and integrity because Willis McGahee became the starter and now they're looking for another RB to add?

ROFL!

Miss I.
03-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Okay, question is, did they handle it well? Whether or not one agrees with the decision to bench Orton, replace Tebow, whatever, the question remains, did EFX handle it well in the media? No, I don't think they did. They never should've stated publicly that Tebow had earned the starting QB job going into training camp since it is clearly not the truth. Sometimes it is better to STFU then to have to retract a statement. I don't think it was particularly smart or a good way to handle player personnel. Was it unethical? Depends, did John and the rest know they would in fact replace Tebow prior to training camp when they made the statement? If yes, then they are liars and that is unethical assuming lying is considered unethical. If no, then they were just stupid for saying it, particularly as they obviously had issues with Tim and probably at least knew they would be looking at other QBs, just not sure at the time when or who they would get this magical QB.

Meck77
03-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Tebow isn't soft like Cutler people. He'll be fine.

The funny thins is we've been waiting since 1998 to replace John Elway and in the end it took John Elway to replace himself.

Toughen up people. This isn't chicken **** victim cutler ball anymore. Hell I enjoyed the Tebow run. Best season since Jake Plummer "won ugly all season". Oh man that was fun watching people bitch about winning back then.

Denver is buzzing. Got into a 30 minute QB battle with the kinkos gal today....lol Fun times!

fontaine
03-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Okay, question is, did they handle it well? Whether or not one agrees with the decision to bench Orton, replace Tebow, whatever, the question remains, did EFX handle it well in the media? No, I don't think they did. They never should've stated publicly that Tebow had earned the starting QB job going into training camp since it is clearly not the truth. Sometimes it is better to STFU then to have to retract a statement. I don't think it was particularly smart or a good way to handle player personnel. Was it unethical? Depends, did John and the rest know they would in fact replace Tebow prior to training camp when they made the statement? If yes, then they are liars and that is unethical assuming lying is considered unethical. If no, then they were just stupid for saying it, particularly as they obviously had issues with Tim and probably at least knew they would be looking at other QBs, just not sure at the time when or who they would get this magical QB.

So just to make it clear:

1. When EFX DIDN'T announce Tebow as the long term starter even when we were winning last winter, they were undermining Tebow, not supporting him, and a lot of folks were venting here about that etc etc. Elway clearly said they'll keep examining the QB position (like all positions to make it better).

2. When EFX back Tebow and say he's earned the job to go into training camp as the starter it's unethical, stupid etc etc.

Just wanted to point out how stupidly arbitrary the measuring stick is.

This is why opinions are worthless and facts are priceless.

FACT: EFX just landed a franchise QB that immediately makes our team a Super Bowl contender.

OPINION: But, but, but it's unfair to Tebow!

Ray Finkle
03-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Is pro football really so damn important that the concept of class and professionalism go out the window?

No one is saying this was a bad football move. Hell, it's a fantastic football move. It is very exciting from an on-field perspective. But if you have any real hope that integrity begets integrity then this can't settle completely well with you, and if so doesn't it then detract from your ability to enjoy the rewards of this acquisition?

The biggest problem I personally have with it is how quickly the plaudits of "class" and "professionalism" are attached to current management for treating the object of their affection so well. Who doesn't give respect to an object of such great desire? That is not class or professionalism and attaching those phrases to how the front office has conducted itself is an insult to people who actually try to embody those characteristics in their day to day lives, regardless of the personal gain associated.

One's personal character is never measured in how you treat those most important to your own success. It is measured in how you treat those with the least importance. That is when the truth of who you are is revealed.

Or to put it more succinctly, I'll quote another NFL legend who helped build the game to it's current status.

"Treat every man like a gentleman. Not because they are, because you are."
- Ed Sabol

The NFL is a business, businesses are not always nice and fair....

Stagger Lee
03-20-2012, 04:42 AM
The butthurt is strong in this thread. I like the kid, but JFC, this is a business. A business to win football games. Who gives you the better chance to do that, TT or PM? Once you answer that question honestly, this discussion ends.

I can't believe we are on here talking about the "children". F--king ridiculous. Get over yourselves or get out.

Blueflame
03-20-2012, 04:55 AM
The butthurt is strong in this thread. I like the kid, but JFC, this is a business. A business to win football games. Who gives you the better chance to do that, TT or PM? Once you answer that question honestly, this discussion ends.

I can't believe we are on here talking about the "children". F--king ridiculous. Get over yourselves or get out.

Good sportsmanship is a cornerstone of playing sports, especially by the time an athlete reaches the pro level. Every game has a winner and a loser and high-profile players like Tebow have microphones shoved in their faces after every game; win or lose. They have to be gracious and tactful regardless of a given game's outcome.

Sure Tebow may be... disappointed... that he won't be starting for the Broncos in 2012. But he won't be destitute and he won't be unemployed, even if he's employed holding a clipboard, he's making more money than most people and will get by just fine.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Tebow isn't soft like Cutler people. He'll be fine.

The funny thins is we've been waiting since 1998 to replace John Elway and in the end it took John Elway to replace himself.

Toughen up people. This isn't chicken **** victim cutler ball anymore. Hell I enjoyed the Tebow run. Best season since Jake Plummer "won ugly all season". Oh man that was fun watching people b**** about winning back then.

Denver is buzzing. Got into a 30 minute QB battle with the kinkos gal today....lol Fun times!

We still haven't replaced Elway. Renting Manning for a few years is not replacing him.

fontaine
03-20-2012, 05:05 AM

Exactly, no one was crying a river over Moreno being pushed to a backup role even though EFX backed him and so on because he didn't win the popularity sweepstakes compared to Tebow.

If Tebow is such a team player then he'll take this in stride and look to get better and learn from PM instead of being childish and demanding a starting role elsewhere (which isn't going to be guaranteed anyway).

But something tells me Tebow is taking this in a more mature fashion than some of the folks here.

Meck77
03-20-2012, 05:08 AM
We still haven't replaced Elway. Renting Manning for a few years is not replacing him.

Rent, rent to own, lease option, lease purchase....Call it what you want.

Ironically enough Jake Plummer was the only person who remotely came close to "filling" his shoes with an AFC Championship game appearance. That's right. Jake f'in plummer! lol

Let's bring Shanny back while we are at it and convince ourselves again that Griese is the answer. Ha!

toad
03-20-2012, 05:45 AM
My short answer (opinion) is "no."

I think pursuing Manning was the RIGHT thing, but I think Tebow deserved the professional courtesy of hearing this first-hand rather than through the media (which became an all-out circus).

I say this because:

- He's the incumbant starting QB, thus the incumbant leader of the offense.
- He played a major role in turning a 4-12 team into an 8-8 team with a playoff win.
- He was told, in one fashion or another, that he was "the guy" going into 2012.
- He's a major money maker for the organization.
- He's one of the most visible athletes in America.
- His visibility made us relevant again last year.

Again, I think Manning was the right thing to do but I think Tim deserved to hear it from EFX rather than through ESPN and Twitter.

I really would like to see Tim in an HB/RB/WR/TE hybrid, jack of all trades, special packages role but I think he's set on pursuing the QB position and I think EFX don't want him here anyway (and I do understand some of their reasonings). I just like having people like Tebow on the team.

Broncos_OTM
03-20-2012, 05:48 AM
I think, instead of saying "I think Tebow has earned the right to be the starting QB going into training camp," he should have said:

"We like Tim Tebow an awful lot. He improved in certain facets of his game this season, but we know he will have to improve more. QB is the most important position in today's NFL, and like all positions, we will evaluate what is available, and if we can improve the Denver Broncos in any way--we will."

About what they said which is why Denver. And more importantly El way got in trouble in the first place

Blueflame
03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
About what they said which is why Denver. And more importantly El way got in trouble in the first place

I don't buy the idea that Elway's "in trouble" at all right now. He's just successfully made a major FA acquisition and has the team headed in the right direction.

As was noted earlier in the thread, absolutely nothing Elway could do or has done is right as far as some posters here are concerned.

RIBEYZE
03-20-2012, 06:07 AM
Nice thread. Demonizing John Elway for hiring the best QB in the league to replace 2nd rate mediocrity. I don't think his integrity is the one we should be questioning.

WolfpackGuy
03-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Total 180 degrees from losing to teams you've videotaped and trading away players/draft picks for peanuts/ex-Patriots.

spdirty
03-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Like I said, he goes to NE, expect a Red Sox style curse. We'll see how many Broncos games the Manningites will want to attend during those 6-10 seasons.

Denver is not full of whiney self absorbed a-holes that think the world owes us a favor. We're too damn cool for curses. Besides, Manning is all about the kids too.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/monteburke/files/2012/03/300px-Peyton_Manning_in_suit.jpg

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Love how the hatas now come out of the woodwork about how much they liked the kid they never had a good thing to say about when in mattered.

spdirty
03-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Hell the way I see it Mcdipshlt cursed us by trading Cutler. Thought that curse would go on for awhile. Elway just told that curse to **** off.

Stagger Lee
03-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Love how the hatas now come out of the woodwork about how much they liked the kid they never had a good thing to say about when in mattered.

Not sure if this directed at me, but I'll respond anyway. I did like him. Absolutely believed he should have been starting over Orton. Completely agreed with Fox when he benched Orton in week 5. I rooted for him like a madman all season long, and it was a fun season for sure to watch. I enjoyed every minute of stress and joy that he and this team brought me this season.

That being said, we are talking about Peyton Manning here. He is one of the best to ever play the game. Ever. Ever ever. You get a chance at that dude, you go for it.

Be happy for Tim. He'll get his shot elsewhere. You were one that complained all season long how Fox and McCoy were handcuffing him anyway, so now he doesn't have that to hold him back anymore.

gyldenlove
03-20-2012, 06:41 AM
My short answer (opinion) is "no."

I think pursuing Manning was the RIGHT thing, but I think Tebow deserved the professional courtesy of hearing this first-hand rather than through the media (which became an all-out circus).

I say this because:

- He's the incumbant starting QB, thus the incumbant leader of the offense.
- He played a major role in turning a 4-12 team into an 8-8 team with a playoff win.
- He was told, in one fashion or another, that he was "the guy" going into 2012.
- He's a major money maker for the organization.
- He's one of the most visible athletes in America.
- His visibility made us relevant again last year.

Again, I think Manning was the right thing to do but I think Tim deserved to hear it from EFX rather than through ESPN and Twitter.

I really would like to see Tim in an HB/RB/WR/TE hybrid, jack of all trades, special packages role but I think he's set on pursuing the QB position and I think EFX don't want him here anyway (and I do understand some of their reasonings). I just like having people like Tebow on the team.

I 2nd this take.

woodall
03-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Who actually gives a ****??? This is professional football. It is a business and when a better player is available then you replace the inferior player. What is so hard to understand about that? The Broncos don't owe Tebow special treatment. Tebow fans are ridiculous and irrational about everything surrounding their messiah. Watching Tebow play qb for the Broncos made me want to stab my eyes out with a fork. Thank god Tebow will be gone soon and I never have to watch him play ever again!

bendog
03-20-2012, 07:01 AM
They just tore the job right out of Tim's soul. This is the lowest ebb of the franchise .... well, Elway can probably go lower. He has no morals ... let alone integrity. Any REAL FAN should vomit.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Who actually gives a ****??? This is professional football. It is a business and when a better player is available then you replace the inferior player. What is so hard to understand about that? The Broncos don't owe Tebow special treatment. Tebow fans are ridiculous and irrational about everything surrounding their messiah. Watching Tebow play qb for the Broncos made me want to stab my eyes out with a fork. Thank god Tebow will be gone soon and I never have to watch him play ever again!

I like all the "anything goes cuz it's a bidness" talk. As if it's a rational thing to be a die-hard fan of a business that's only about profit and loss.

bendog
03-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Bowlen clearly doesn't care about winning games. He's only interested in milking this franchise for every piece of silver he can.

fontaine
03-20-2012, 07:28 AM
This is a great day for our franchise.

This is where John Elway makes it clear under no uncertain terms that he's here to win super bowls because that's Denver Broncos Football.

Not the Tim Tebow love parade.

RIBEYZE
03-20-2012, 07:41 AM
I had to break the news to my 9 year old today....it wasn't pretty ...Literally thousands of little Broncos fans were crushed today. And these ****s think it's funny.

I guess that's what happens when you over-hype an unimpressive wannabe who benefitted mostly from a stingy defense that allowed Denver to hang around until the end of games, numerous opponent miscues and a lot of just dumb luck to an impressionable child. Buy them Manning jersey's, they'll forget all about Tebow.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4qDUnKhYjRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maher_tyler
03-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Nobody ever wanted Tebow in the first place post-McDaniels. It is a part of the business. The FO are still a bunch of tools for buying into Manning, though.

If that was the case they should have been staright forward with him and the fans. Don't tell him that he's the guy etc. Having said that, i'm thrilled to have Manning on board and hope he brings us a SB. And best of luck to TT whether he remains in Denver or goes some other place.

alkemical
03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8Kut8UVcJkqLKlkCThrR8gh9KzIFxn rk_pFLks3USORK5fNILbg

bendog
03-20-2012, 07:47 AM
And I hope Manning enjoys the 30 pieces of silver Bowlen paid for this BETRAYAL

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Gee, let's shed some tears for a guy who makes millions of dollars, and will make millions more. How tragic. I was layed off last week on a company-wide RIF. I certainly didn't get "heads up," even after working for the company for 14 years. I was told, was watched as I packed, escorted from the building. You know.. how the real world handles laying off employees. Happens all the time to very decent folks.

So pardon me if I don't get all teary-eyed because a pampered, overpaid athlete isn't given perfect consideration and a pleasant talking-to when being released. He'll be fine. He'll sign somewhere for millions. Hopefully his fanatical followers will invade that teams board instead of this one.

errand
03-20-2012, 07:51 AM

You're an idiot.......

You still haven't figured it out....it was never Tebow that was hated....

It was clowns like you that they hated....and here you are amplifying the reason why.

alkemical
03-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Gee, let's shed some tears for a guy who makes millions of dollars, and will make millions more. How tragic. I was layed off last week on a company-wide RIF. I certainly didn't get "heads up," even after working for the company for 14 years. I was told, was watched as I packed, escorted from the building. You know.. how the real world handles laying off employees. Happens all the time to very decent folks.

So pardon me if I don't get all teary-eyed because a pampered, overpaid athlete isn't given perfect consideration and a pleasant talking-to when being released. He'll be fine. He'll sign somewhere for millions. Hopefully his fanatical followers will invade that teams board instead of this one.

I've been brownboxed before too.

#werd

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
And I hope Manning enjoys the 30 pieces of silver Bowlen paid for this BETRAYAL

http://mindsetmasterymadeeasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/DramaQueenonChaise.jpg

jhns
03-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Elway never lied. Tebow will be the starter going into camp. It should be fun watching to see if Manning can take that starting job.

oubronco
03-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Elway never lied. Tebow will be the starter going into camp. It should be fun watching to see if Manning can take that starting job.

LOL ROFL!

bendog
03-20-2012, 07:56 AM
http://mindsetmasterymadeeasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/DramaQueenonChaise.jpg

yeah, well, we all know how it worked out for JUDAS. Tim was the future, and he still is, but its not our future anymore. It was just torn away.

RocBronc
03-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Elway did nothing wrong or even remotely unethical...

When he announced Tebow had earned the starting QB and had a potential long future with the Broncos, Manning was still a Colt with no certainty if he would ever be available (or even ever play again). What is he going to say... Tebow is our guy unless we can get Manning? Not only is that dumb, but it's also against league rules. When Manning was let go, John felt that he could get a better QB than Tim and then signed him. John's job is to put the best team on the field that he can. Players know this and sometimes it works in their favor... There's nothing wrong with honest, fair competition... That's what's really at play here.

If what John did was so bad, why is it every team in the league will do it this in April at the draft, (and in free agency) when teams will choose players that will "unseat" players that were on teams 53 man rosters at the end of last year, who may have been told (publicly or privately) that they are atop the teams depth chart at whatever position they play, but now they are 2nd or 3rd string or maybe even cut.

I have nothing against Tebow and I want him to get a chance to see how good a QB he can become... as a matter of fact no matter where he goes, I'll be rooting for him to succeed. (except when he plays Denver of course)

Another analogy... I interviewed for a job once and after the interview, the person that interviewed me basically told me that he wanted to hire me but that he would have to check with the CTO who was out of town. I didn't end up getting the job because the CTO had a grad student that wanted a job and obviously knew the job better than I did so they hired him/her. Was I disapointed, you bet I was... but could I blame these guys for hiring who they did, no, I would have done the same thing. They found someone who they felt was better qualified to do a job than I was so they hired them, that's just what Elway did.

baja
03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Reading this board is like taking a graduate course in physiology.

errand
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
People bitching about whether or not Tebow was informed....

Does he not own a TV? Get ESPN? If Manning being released was so ****ing obvious, then so was Tebow having to pack his bags the day Manning was released.....and if Tebow isn't smart enough to figure it out, why would you want him playing QB for us?

errand
03-20-2012, 08:25 AM

Sorry for your kid getting his feelings hurt...

I can understand a little kid getting heart broken, cuz his "hero" got the boot or was "betrayed" (depending what your version of events were used to inform your child)

My daughters are Bronco fans, and their friends know who their favorite team is , cuz when the news was broken my kids were high fived and their friends gave them "Broncos!" shout outs as they passed in the hallways.

Guess it all comes down to if your kids are Tebow fans or Bronco fans....but tell your kid to cheer up, Tebow will play somewhere else, and who knows, maybe your kid likes purple and gold, or teal and black.

bendog
03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Reading this board is like taking a graduate course in physiology.

phrenology

hookemhess
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM

Guys, seriously... if the Broncos fan base had simply shown more support for Tebow when it mattered, maybe he would have completed more than 50% of his passes.

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
People b****ing about whether or not Tebow was informed....

Does he not own a TV? Get ESPN? If Manning being released was so ****ing obvious, then so was Tebow having to pack his bags the day Manning was released.....and if Tebow isn't smart enough to figure it out, why would you want him playing QB for us?

I'm sure Tebow was informed that the Broncos were pursuing Manning. The Broncos are professional organization and I'm sure one of the EFX group called him.

Yes it will be interesting to hear what Tim thinks about the whole thing, but I am sure he will take the high road .. thank the Broncos and talk about moving on with his new team.

errand
03-20-2012, 08:39 AM
ESPN's "The Herd" according to the wife of former UF defensive lineman Brad Culpepper....

"We just had Tim over for dinner, and he told us that he misses home, he misses the south...."

How true this is I have no idea...but why would he make this up?

Miss I.
03-20-2012, 08:52 AM
People b****ing about whether or not Tebow was informed....

What exactly is your reading comprehension level? The discussion topic isn't whether Tebow was informed, but how did EFX handle it? Did they act with integrity or not?

Are people complaining in this thread, yes, as a matter of course, particularly in an OM thread, that is going to occur. Just as insulting posts (like the one you posted) are part of the course.

But addressing the Tebow could watch TV and find out approach, yes I am sure that Tim could and did watch the news reports. Is that the appropriate way to find out he lost his job? Not really. But I am not sure that is how he found out and neither is anyone else.

Truth is we don't really know how Tim was handled by anything but what is in the media. Based on the things have flowed out in the media, I would say they did not handle Tim very well and he was given mixed messages, but again, not sure what they were saying to him behind closed doors. From a PR perspective, EFX did not do a great job handling this, but it was better than the way they handled the PR on Cutler, but that's not saying too much really.

Ethics and integrity wise, I won't say they were unethical, but it's a very fine line. They didn't know they'd get Peyton Manning so they publicly could state Tim had earned the starting job going into training camp and not be full of bollocks. But the truth is probably less black and white and they were clearly pursuing other options as they should have been, because we had only Tim and Weber so we needed other options.

I believe (and this is my opinion) they gave the statement they did about Tim to appease the fans. They did their best to be politic and not make any real promise so they could get out of it in the end. While technically a legitimate statement, it is so embroiled in the snake oil salesman-politician technique it leaves things just a little less clean then before.

It's kind of like Bill Clinton saying he didn't have sex with Monica Lewinsky. If you define sex as intercourse strictly, he did not have sex with her, but if you look as sex more broadly and include oral sex acts and use of toys then he most certainly did.

In this case, they haven't technically broken their statement about Tim yet. They acquired Peyton Manning, but they haven't said Tim won't get to be starter in training camp, but who is kidding who here when they are obviously already trying to trade him. Of course, maybe they meant he had earned a starting position in someone else's training camp.

errand
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM

They fall in love with heros. And we just popped a squat on one. Some day this little generation will be the ones buying tickets. And they'll be around a long time after a bunch of crusty old ****s used to brag about a sellout streak that could never end.

That's odd cuz if you ask my kids who their "hero" is, they would say "my dad"....

Steve Sewell
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM

That's funny...my 7 and 10 year old sons were ecstatic about the news.

errand
03-20-2012, 08:57 AM

Sell your tickets and buy them Tebow memorabilia with the money....

bendog
03-20-2012, 08:59 AM
You ain't raising sons right if they cry when the broncos sign Manning.

errand
03-20-2012, 09:02 AM
So I should be proud to have a team I can't be proud of...

The NFL is like Baskin-Robbins my friend... 31 other flavors you can choose from.....

You don't like the orange and blue, there's a powder blue and yellow, or silver and black team out there...

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 09:04 AM
You ain't raising sons right if they cry when the broncos sign Manning.

Don't know if you noticed, but it ain't 1963, oldtimer.

errand
03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
I did!. If you thought he would be available at all, you had to know that it would be as a UFA. The March 7 date that his 28 mill bonus had to be paid
was set in stone and widely discussed.

there were only three possible outcomes.

1. Indy would cut ties and release him so they didn't have to pay him. Then draft Luck. Since this was before FA was in effect they couldn't wait, and they couldn't trade him.

2. They would pay him , and trade the #1 pick for Maximum effect to rebuild. But once the 28 mill was paid they were committed to keeping him. No one would even ask about a trade for him if Indy paid him.

3. He would take a large pay reduction and Indy would keep them both. Not in either of the players plans, and since PM thinks he can still play, especially not in his.

So by your own scenarios, there was still a chance Manning remained a Colt?

jonny1
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Here is a truth -

After every game the Broncos won with Tebow, what did he say? "It's not about me, it's about my teammates and the team."

So unless he was lying all those times, then he can only look at it the way it is, the team went out and did something to improve the team, ergo, he should be ecstatic.

And I don't get this "the FO has done nothing but hinder and hold him back." They tried to trade Orton before last year, so TT figures "I am the starter." The deal falls through because Orton and Miami couldn't agree to a new contract.

So training camp starts and TT stinks up the joint. What can the coaching staff do? What kind of message does it send to the rest of the players if you start someone who CAN'T run the offense?

So they start Orton, stating he gives them the best chance to win (boy, do the Tebowners love to recite that one!). At that point in time, with a shortened off season and only training camp to go by, you go with the guy that CAN the offense you have.

So, Orton stinks up the place, so they go to Tebow, and change the whole offense to suit him, and some magic happens. But there are still major flaws showing in TT's game, but his heart and desire makes the team play better and they win games they shouldn't, but there is still question marks.

End of season, Elway states, "Tim has earned the right to be the starter GOING into training camp, but we are going to bring in competition." So TT knows that nothing is set in stone.

If TT thought that he was untouchable going into next season, then that would show a massive ego, which is the opposite of everything that he stands for.

And now, nobody knows what conversations have happened between the FO and TT, but the FO has been lying, cheating, drinking, and kicking Tebow's dog, according to some.

Pretty funny stuff.

ScottXray
03-21-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm sure Tebow was informed that the Broncos were pursuing Manning. The Broncos are professional organization and I'm sure one of the EFX group called him.
Yes it will be interesting to hear what Tim thinks about the whole thing, but I am sure he will take the high road .. thank the Broncos and talk about moving on with his new team.

If thats true then why would the Broncos FO inform the press in a statement that they had " had NO contact with Tim Tebow" 2 days after they brought Manning here for a look see, last week?

Why not say that they had" informed TT of their pursuit of Manning?" That would have been sufficient.

Because the first thing was true, and the second would have been a lie!

Those are the facts. They never talked to him.

I perfectly well understand that Manning is a better QB then Tebow. Even Tebow understands it , according to what Elway said in his presser after signing Manning yesterday. Which also, according to him, was when they talked to Tim
about the deal. Maybe that is the first time?

Tebow will land on his feet, hopefully with a team that will be upfront and straighter with him than the Broncos FO has been through this time.

I am a Bronco fan, so, I will now pull for my new Qb to be the thing that can get us back to a superbowl. To me that is the question and the thing that can justify this whole deal, and in fact is the level that will determine whether this is a win, over the long term.