PDA

View Full Version : How Will You Remember Last Season, Or, Putting #TebowTime In Perspective

RhymesayersDU
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
So what do you know, I am capable of making legitimate threads.

Here's what I've been wondering as the Manning saga has played out, and now it's time to ask the question. Exactly how will you remember last season and what place does it have in Denver Bronco history? Does it mean very little because it didn't end in a Super Bowl? Is it just another season, no more, no less? Is it a historic season due to the incredible odds and memorable wins?

Obviously, the Tebow book isn't over yet. Chances are he will move on, and who knows how that works out. But last season will always be ours, and I'm curious as to how people will remember it, and what it will mean in Denver Bronco history.

RaiderH8r
03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
As one of the most thrilling seasons in Bronco history. We're out, we suck, we throw in the towel to see what we have in Tebow, we go on Mr. Tebow's wild ride, we went through the highs, the lows, and the creamy middles and won one of the best games ever played in Denver's history and certainly the best in the history of the new stadium. What a ride.

Oh, and ****tsburgh; get your **** and get the **** out of our stadium. You were Tebowned.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
This is only one small chapter in the Tebow saga.

Tim Tebow is going to accept a Steve Young role to Joe Montana here. After Peyton wins consecutive Super Bowls (just like Montana did in 88-89), Manning is going to retire and Tebow is going to be ready to fill in after getting his Ph.D in quarterbacking from the University of Elway-Manning.

After a few failed attempts in the playoffs, Tebow is going to throw six TD passes in the Super Bowl in a blowout win. While standing on the sidelines in joy, Tebow is going to exclaim "somebody get the money off my back!"

Just like Gary Plummer did in XXIX, Von Miller is going to walk over and do a pantomime of grabbing a monkey off Tebow's back.

Then in 2026, Abraham Elam Steinwertz is going to take over the helm of Broncos QB and be a Jewish hero to millions of Hebrew boys.

Ronnie Tsunami
03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
*manning bump*

one man's quest to rid the first page of all excessive peyton related content

Probably as the season in which my dad and I grew much closer than we ever have been. tons of great broncos memories this past season, all due to some pretty heart-stopping games. felt like a little kid watching the games with him again, it was really awesome. hope peyton will bring some of that 90's feel back.

Pick Six
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
It was a bizarre season. Tebow Time meant the most improbable comebacks. Hopefully, Manning will keep us in front. Comebacks are bad for the heart..:sunshine:

Requiem
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.memecreator.com/static/images/memes/62394.jpg

Chris
03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
The most fun I've had watching the Broncos since I was a kid. A sports movie in real life.

If Moneyball was about meaningful victories outside of a championship, last season was a meaningful victory for Tebow. Unfortunately it would be like if the owner of the As took a **** on Brad Pitt's desk (or head) and fired him at the end of the movie.

Man-Goblin
03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
I just had a long phone conversation with a friend back home about this.

Last year was amazing. Since I relocated in 2003, I've usually been the only Bronco fan in the bar. Last year, then whole place was rooting for the Broncos. The games were amazing, and there were improbable wins where there really wasn't any real pressure to win. The Broncos were a kooky team winning like no other team had done before, and it was fun as hell. Sure, 8 of every 10 Bronco jerseys I would see were Tebow 15's straight off the shelf, but I didn't care.

Anyways, my friend asked me how last year compared with the Super Bowl winning years. I said it was right up there. While obviously it wasn't as fun as 98, and especially 97, it is up there because it was so unique. It caught not only the interest and imagination of Bronco fans, but the national and world media as well. And this was only amplified by the current state of social media. This may have not hit as hard at home, but from 2,000 miles away it was pretty incredible to watch.

This year, and next year, and hopefully the next, there will be expectations. Big ones. And just like 97 and 98, it adds pressure as a fan when you're watching the game and you know you're rooting for a team that has a shot to win it all. This is GOOD pressure. But it will be a vastly different feeling from the innocence and unexpectedness of 2011.

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 09:27 PM
It was both infuriating, yet amazing. Infuriating in that we ran one of the most boring offenses of all time, yet we won on some of the most amazing finishes collectively, that I can ever recall any team doing. The playoff win was amazing.

It was cool to turn on ESPN, and the Broncos were actually being talked about. Don't think they were even talked about this much during the Super Bowl years.

HAT
03-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Here's what I've been wondering as the Manning saga has played out, and now it's time to ask the question. Exactly how will you remember last season and what place does it have in Denver Bronco history? Does it mean very little because it didn't end in a Super Bowl? Is it just another season, no more, no less? Is it a historic season due to the incredible odds and memorable wins?

It was ****ing amazing. I live in SoCal, so my local NFL hang has plenty of AFCW rival fans. I'm friends with many of them outside of football but there's also plenty of douchebags who wander in for one week only.

Watching all of those comebacks kicked ass....People were floored. "Lucky this, lucky that".....And while agreed with them, it was still fun pretending I didn't.

I really wish Teebs could stay and play FB, GLB, TE or whatever but as someone posted earlier......He's too good to be a back up and not good enough to start.

It's a shame his stardom will be his downfall. He's all-world when it comes to football....

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Too many people patting themselves on the back tarnishes it for me. Things occurred like the Marion Barber double goof and then we had Tebow fans insisting that it was magic that made it all happen.

In terms of enjoyable games, the football was so inept for so much of the game that it wasn't enjoyable to watch until those last few minutes. I'll take a well fought 60 minute game over an uber exciting 3 mins. So, for me, this was a collection of the Bengals deflection game, the Toro game, the Bengals missed PAT game, etc in terms of excitement but I never really had hope that we'd win it all. I knew the ineptitude would strike and the luck would run out.

I very much look forward to good football and the optimism that just maybe we can be the last team standing.

Doggcow
03-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Coolest season in quite some time.

Punisher
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
It will always go down as Elway not being impressed

SoCalBronco
03-19-2012, 09:46 PM
It was probably the first time I was actually happy post-Shanny. The Broncos lost alot of luster post-Shanny and post-Jay for me and some of it is permanently gone, but Tebow's magic brought me back to a happier time. It was amazing to watch on Sunday's. You're cussing out the whole team for 55 mins and then in ways that aren't fathomable and almost physically impossible we're somehow into OT and get a win...over and over over. I'm not sure we'll ever witness that type of thing again. It was like a one in a billion type of thing...the way it kept happening seemingly week after week.

It was a wondeful feeling and it brought positive media attention back to the club at a time when it was sorely needed. We needed a hero and we found one. I will always be grateful to Tim for that and I truly hope for nothing but the best for him. I wish we had kept him and worked with him, but it wasnt to be. I'll always cherish those amazing comeback wins and the playoff win. It was thrilling, exciting...pure magic. A season to remember to be sure.

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
It was probably the first time I was actually happy post-Shanny. The Broncos lost alot of luster post-Shanny and post-Jay for me and some of it is permanently gone, but Tebow's magic brought me back to a happier time. It was amazing to watch on Sunday's. You're cussing out the whole team for 55 mins and then in ways that aren't fathomable and almost physically impossible we're somehow into OT and get a win...over and over over. I'm not sure we'll ever witness that type of thing again. It was like a one in a billion type of thing...the way it kept happening seemingly week after week.

It was a wondeful feeling and it brought positive media attention back to the club at a time when it was sorely needed. We needed a hero and we found one. I will always be grateful to Tim for that and I truly hope for nothing but the best for him. I wish we had kept him and worked with him, but it wasnt to be. I'll always cherish those amazing comeback wins and the playoff win. It was thrilling, exciting...pure magic. A season to remember to be sure.

I always find this stance interesting. People enjoy wins more than good football. I'm a football fan first, Bronco fan second so I'd rather watch a well played football game that the Broncos lose than a terrible game that they win.

Not saying anything about the stance; I guess I understand it. Just commenting on it.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Last season was one of the most magical seasons that I've ever experienced. I'll always be very fond of Tebow for erasing the stink of the guy who drafted him. I don't blame Tebow if he's upset over this whole thing. But it's the business he's in, and there is always someone ready to take your job. Orton learned that the hard way too.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Last season was one of the most magical seasons that I've ever experienced. I'll always be very fond of Tebow for erasing the stink of the guy who drafted him. I don't blame Tebow if he's upset over this whole thing. But it's the business he's in, and there is always someone ready to take your job. Orton learned that the hard way too.

Difference is, Orton won't lay awake at night thinking of ways to make you regret your decision.

Tebow will. This has bad juju written all over it.

broncswin
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
***ing awesome ...loved every minute of it!! Will remember it forever...thanks broncos..now lets go win the big one..oh ya and keep tebow FO, he will learn well from Mr. Melon.

broncswin
03-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Difference is, Orton won't lay awake at night thinking of ways to make you regret your decision.

I loved tebow too, but if we could some how keep him.......wow that would be special

broncswin
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
It will always go down as Elway not being impressed

Ya..some times he can be a dip **** like that..but oh well, he is human.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 10:03 PM

You and I have different ideas about who Tebow is.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:04 PM

Game On.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
This will always be it for me:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7zuUIhv8z3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
03-19-2012, 10:09 PM

Well, when he comes back to Denver as Gabbert's back-up, you can say hi to him if you haven't sold your season tickets

Jekyll15Hyde
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
ups, mostly downs (as in 55min of the game being the worst QBing I have ever seen), the most amazing amount of luck I have ever seen, and way too much hype

But that playoff game will probably be the one thing (on the field) I remember the most

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 10:25 PM
ups, mostly downs (as in 55min of the game being the worst QBing I have ever seen), the most amazing amount of luck I have ever seen, and way too much hype

But that playoff game will probably be the one thing (on the field) I remember the most

I pretty much agree.

Sucky part is I got on a plane right before OT kicked off for that game so I didn't get to see it aside from a line on my phone until later after the excitement had died down some.

RhymesayersDU
03-19-2012, 10:25 PM
So many have stated that it was an amazing year, etc.

Let me ask a 2nd question: Where do you think it ranks in terms of seasons this team has had?

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 10:26 PM

Let me ask a 2nd question: Where do you think it ranks in terms of seasons this team has had?

I say well below even the AFCCG under Plummer and that's a pretty much forgotten year.

bpc
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
The season was awesome. I remember the hopelessness of coming out the gates with Orton starting again... then us stumbling to 1-4. Tebow gets the reigns, surely because the FO predicted he would fail and silence the fans who were calling for him... only he didn't go down, and he never did, and the roads grew louder, and whenever it looked bleak, the kid just would not die. He went on the road to KC, Oakland, SD, almost consecutively and beat them ALL. SD has OWNED us for years and we beat them. At their house. For what turned out to be the AFC West Championship. It was amazing. The fact that we got to the playoffs and had a QB under center who actually had heart and fire, and invigorated the fans and team, and we responded by knocking off the defending super bowl champs.

Just an amazing seasons. Anybody who b****es about it isn't a true fan. Who complains about wins? Especially thrilling ones? Denver was the story of the season every week. How long has it been since we could say that?

Bless Tebow. The kid is a stud. He deserves nothing but the best. Take the money off the table and the kid would still strap it up and bring the pain every play. For that, beautiful tight spiral or not, the kid has my absolute respect. I hope he goes on to bigger and better things as long as it is outside of KC, Oak or SD.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/bpc5180/bilde.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/bpc5180/ap-c1b3fe3669a640c09b321723c5a8936d.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/bpc5180/122610broncos02sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50sJPG.jpg

**** the haters.

Houshyamama
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Last year was the most fun I've had as a Bronco fan since 98

HAT
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM

23rd

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 11:15 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Tim-Tebow-Spin-Move-Gif.gif

Turd_Ferguson
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
People will look back and wonder how the hell they won any games with Tebow. He will eventually retire and he, and his fans will make it out that tons of people wanted him cause he was a great QB, but that he just couldn't find a team that would properly use him, when actually, it was actually because no one wanted to sign him, because he isn't a good QB

bpc
03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Thats' bull****. Anybody with a brain knows this team was getting curb-stomped out the gate with Orton at the helm. That includes the defense. Magicially Tebow takes the reigns, our running game turns into the best in the league, eats up a ton of clock, defense gets extra blows, and the team settles in with a great chemistry and finds ways to win ballgames.

Listen, I'm not calling for Tebow to have an MVP carved out for himself, but you have to be completely absentminded in regards to football IQ to say that Tebow didn't play a HUGE role in what this team did last year. It was unconventional, wasn't always pretty, but the dude balled out and was at his peak in the clutch. It's hard to find that absolute quality in any QB like Tebow has it.

Hope the kid goes on to big success at his next stop as long as it isn't KC/Oak/SD.

Slightly Soiled
03-20-2012, 01:30 AM
I've been a Broncos fan since the late 70's and my Dad took me to Craig Morton day, Rick Upchurch returned his punt fo a TD that day and I was hooked.

Loved all the good times through the 80's Superbowls they had no business being in and lived with the pain of those losses until the late 90's.

I hated Tebow at Fl I thought he was overrated and was indifferent about McD drafting him. But something about the kid is magnetic.

I have a son that is 21 and plays corner at a small D2 school(Colorado Mines we're comming for you). In most ways on the field he is the opposite of Tebow in that he has struggled to break the starting lineup all through high school and was a walk on in collage. He has played and continues to play because he Believes he is good enough. He is a jr this yr and has been moved to #1 on
the depth chart for spring ball.

I know this is long and somewhat sappy but, we live 400 mi apart now and I spent more adult conversation time about Tebow and being a man when people are against you with him this year than ever(and of all things he is a Buccs fan)I rooted for Tebow like I did for him because I just wanted him to shut his detractors up so this hurts a bit.

I can't be the only father that sees a little of our sons in Tebow and for us Thanks Tim.

Ratboy
03-20-2012, 01:37 AM
This will always be it for me:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7zuUIhv8z3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was my favorite.

Walk-off Touchdown.

RIBEYZE
03-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Last season was lame. It's embarassing to watch the delusional gush over the inept wannabe Tebow. Thankfully, we now have a real QB in town and the circuis is pulling stakes. Last season has been kicked to the curb, and the plague of side show timmay has been kicked in the face by the delusionals nightmare: reality. Welcome back, and Good riddance.

ColoradoDarin
03-20-2012, 09:12 AM

It always strikes me funny that the guy who runs the best Broncos board, literally knows so little about football. Either that or you're a guy with a 10 second memory...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sGv2Zw-WQw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sGv2Zw-WQw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

On the field, Tebow would stick it to the other team. Repeatedly. You can bet that if he is traded and ever plays the Broncos again, you will see his and his team's best.

bendog
03-20-2012, 09:20 AM
the freaking billboard. It's up there with tping Saban's house. The mutiny against Ralston. Dwight Harrison getting a handgun and brining it into the lockerroom to continue a fight with Alzado. ... stripped socks.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
It always strikes me funny that the guy who runs the best Broncos board, literally knows so little about football. Either that or you're a guy with a 10 second memory...

On the field, Tebow would stick it to the other team. Repeatedly. You can bet that if he is traded and ever plays the Broncos again, you will see his and his team's best.

LOL

Even if he had a 10 second memory, he'd still be able to remember the entirety of Tebow's playmaking for each game. The fact that teams were willing to play at the Broncos' pace and burn clock conveniently turned into wins when pure luck always seemed to go Denver's way but teams like the Pats recognized the flaw in the scheme and Denver was hardly even competitive. I don't fear Tebow one inkling.

dbfan21
03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Tebow's time in Denver will always have a special place in my heart. Now, I just have to find a way to break the news to my son (who loves Tebow). This was Game 1 of the wild ride and we were there to witness it...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B-lrLgiRFts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 10:43 AM
So what do you know, I am capable of making legitimate threads.

Obviously, the Tebow book isn't over yet. Chances are he will move on, and who knows how that works out. But last season will always be ours, and I'm curious as to how people will remember it, and what it will mean in Denver Bronco history.

55 minutes of torture followed by 5 minutes of excitement.

Mountain Bronco
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
I will remember it as a tremendously exciting and compelling season, while also being one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember with all of the ups and downs (throughout the whole season and in each and every games).

It was fun overall, but didn't help my blood pressure.

I wish Tebow the best and thanks for the crazy memories.

55CrushEm
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Last season was lame. It's embarassing to watch the delusional gush over the inept wannabe Tebow. Thankfully, we now have a real QB in town and the circuis is pulling stakes. Last season has been kicked to the curb, and the plague of side show timmay has been kicked in the face by the delusionals nightmare: reality. Welcome back, and Good riddance.

Another half-fan that says "good riddance" to a kid who epitomizes work-ethic and integrity....who gave his heart and soul to the team he played for.

A half-fan that only cares about pretty stats and regular season records. You must think the 16-0 Pats are the greatest team of all time, especially with Tommy's 50 TD passes. You must think poorly of the 9-7 record of the World Champion Giants.

How anyone can call last season "lame" and "embarassing to watch" is entirely beyond me.

The real reality is that that "plague of a sideshow" helped save our season from the real nightmare.....which was Orton. I don't think I've seen the Broncos play more INSPIRED football than that since we won our first superbowl vs. GB. Up until this past season....we've played lackluster bull**** football for a decade (barring 2005).

But yeah......that was an "embarrassing" season. Tool.

Mountain Bronco
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Thats' bull****. Anybody with a brain knows this team was getting curb-stomped out the gate with Orton at the helm. That includes the defense. Magicially Tebow takes the reigns, our running game turns into the best in the league, eats up a ton of clock, defense gets extra blows, and the team settles in with a great chemistry and finds ways to win ballgames.

L

23rd in time of possession and first in 3 and outs. Must have watched two different teams.

Not disputing the wining ballgames and chemistry thing, but the clock thing and extra blows for the defense is a myth.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Another half-fan that says "good riddance" to a kid who epitomizes work-ethic and integrity....who gave his heart and soul to the team he played for.

A half-fan that only cares about pretty stats and regular season records. You must think the 16-0 Pats are the greatest team of all time, especially with Tommy's 50 TD passes. You must think poorly of the 9-7 record of the World Champion Giants.

How anyone can call last season "lame" and "embarassing to watch" is entirely beyond me.

The real reality is that that "plague of a sideshow" helped save our season from the real nightmare.....which was Orton. I don't think I've seen the Broncos play more INSPIRED football than that since we won our first superbowl vs. GB. Up until this past season....we've played lackluster bull**** football for a decade (barring 2005).

But yeah......that was an "embarrassing" season. Tool.

The same team that beat Pitt in the playoffs almost lost to Chicago minus their top two players.

For most of the game, the team was pathetic. The fact that they pulled out the W didn't change that.

Miss I.
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM
55 minutes of torture followed by 5 minutes of excitement.

oh my god that sounds like my sex life. ;D

lostknight
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
It was one of the most exciting seasons ever. It will always go down as the season where Management didn't want the Broncos to win, and that Tebow had faith in the team, but the team didn't have faith in him.

houghtam
03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
LOL

Even if he had a 10 second memory, he'd still be able to remember the entirety of Tebow's playmaking for each game. The fact that teams were willing to play at the Broncos' pace and burn clock conveniently turned into wins when pure luck always seemed to go Denver's way but teams like the Pats recognized the flaw in the scheme and Denver was hardly even competitive. I don't fear Tebow one inkling.

Yeah the Pats recognized the flaw in our scheme all right.

First game the Pats scored on 5 of their first 6 possessions, including the first 2 TD drives being 80 yards. They also allowed two more 80 yard TD drives in the second half, but I shouldn't have mentioned this, because people will blame this as the reason we lost that game, not that the defense gave up 27 points in the first half.

Second game they scored TDs on their first two possessions. 3 out of their last 4 drives of the first half were touchdowns of more than 50 yards. They led 35-7 at the half.

You're absolutely right. The Pats recognized the flaw in our scheme.

BroncoBen
03-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Hummm... too me last season will be the Season that Tim Tebow started in Denver and pretty much started a Fad across the nation and world with 'Tebowing'.

That being perhaps the greatest College player ever doesn't necessarily translate into the NFL.

It was a exciting to watch Tebow play, but also nerve racking at the same time.

That Tim Tebow is a good person and a took on the role willingly of being a good role model.

Bronco Yoda
03-20-2012, 12:21 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zMK9FKMG3Nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My dad actually watched and talked football with me for once in his life. We had something to talk about on the phone
(he's not the most talkative person).

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 12:38 PM

First game the Pats scored on 5 of their first 6 possessions, including the first 2 TD drives being 80 yards. They also allowed two more 80 yard TD drives in the second half, but I shouldn't have mentioned this, because people will blame this as the reason we lost that game, not that the defense gave up 27 points in the first half.

Second game they scored TDs on their first two possessions. 3 out of their last 4 drives of the first half were touchdowns of more than 50 yards. They led 35-7 at the half.

Peyton Manning would never allow Tom Brady to do that. He just wouldn't. :)

Sideburn
03-20-2012, 12:50 PM

I know I'm not alone in the sentiment that you are a ****ing retard.

broncswin
03-20-2012, 02:24 PM

No wonder your post count is so low since 03...keep it that way dumb ***..LOL

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
I'll remember it as the season the Broncos showed how utterly clueless and classless an organization they have become.

Mountain Bronco
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I'll remember it as the season the Broncos showed how utterly clueless and classless an organization they have become.

Really?

bpc
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
23rd in time of possession and first in 3 and outs. Must have watched two different teams.

Not disputing the wining ballgames and chemistry thing, but the clock thing and extra blows for the defense is a myth.

So when did Tebow take over? When did Denver start hitting their stride? Probably right after the Detroit game sometime? So effectively you are counting half the year AND we still ranked first in the NFL in rushing.

I think you don't really know how football operates. What happens when you run the ball? The clock runs right? You then therefore shorten games. Because the clock runs, teams don't get as many plays. Halftime and quarters come and go quicker. The game in essence shortens. Teams feel like they are playing a tighter game than they necessarily are. Conservative is the game plan. The cards are kept closer to the vest. Defenses are fresher as they get more blows in between shorter drives vs. long drives with breaks and TV timeouts coming quicker. You don't think any of this aids the defense?

SimonFletcher73
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Probably the best season other than those that resulted in Super Bowl appearances. Always more fun to win as the underdog.

I'm amazed that anybody can find a reason to complain about 2011. This team wasn't going to win the Lombardi trophy, but at least they gave us a glimmer of hope.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM

I'm not understanding your response, I guess. There were plenty of us here saying the first time a team put the gas to the floor and didn't let up, Denver didn't have a prayer in keeping up. The Pats did just that and blew us out twice.

Am I perceiving sarcasm but it's not really there? Just because Tebow & Co occasionally put up some points doesn't mean they could be relied upon to do so. It was an exception when it happened. The Pats seemed to understand that as, in both games, they got huge leads early and never looked back.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Probably the best season other than those that resulted in Super Bowl appearances. Always more fun to win as the underdog.

I'm amazed that anybody can find a reason to complain about 2011. This team wasn't going to win the Lombardi trophy, but at least they gave us a glimmer of hope.

"This team wasn't going to win the Lombardi"

"but at least they gave us a glimmer of hope"

Hope to do what? Win a few games? Yayyy...

SimonFletcher73
03-20-2012, 05:48 PM
"This team wasn't going to win the Lombardi"

"but at least they gave us a glimmer of hope"

Hope to do what? Win a few games? Yayyy...

They won more playoff games than the 96 Broncos.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 05:49 PM
They won more playoff games than the 96 Broncos.

Yayyyyy...

houghtam
03-20-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm not understanding your response, I guess. There were plenty of us here saying the first time a team put the gas to the floor and didn't let up, Denver didn't have a prayer in keeping up. The Pats did just that and blew us out twice.

Am I perceiving sarcasm but it's not really there? Just because Tebow & Co occasionally put up some points doesn't mean they could be relied upon to do so. It was an exception when it happened. The Pats seemed to understand that as, in both games, they got huge leads early and never looked back.

Easy to understand. How about get a defense and try to beat the Pats 27-24 instead of getting Manning and hoping to beat the Pats 45-41?

Three of the Pats' four losses (including the Super Bowl) came with them scoring 20 or less points. They were 12-1 (12 and ****ing 1!) in games where they scored 30 or more points.

The way to beat the Pats is to keep them from scoring, not to try and keep up. There's a reason Manning and his Colts have a losing record against the Patriots since Belichick took over in 2000.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Easy to understand. How about get a defense and try to beat the Pats 27-24 instead of getting Manning and hoping to beat the Pats 45-41?

Three of the Pats' four losses (including the Super Bowl) came with them scoring 20 or less points. They were 12-1 (12 and ****ing 1!) in games where they scored 30 or more points.

The way to beat the Pats is to keep them from scoring, not to try and keep up. There's a reason Manning and his Colts have a losing record against the Patriots since Belichick took over in 2000.

How does this apply to the discussion? Interesting as it is, it's in no way a factor for the 2011 Denver Broncos or their methods to winning games. The point being made was that the Broncos were only as successful as they were because other teams played right into Denver's hand. This doesn't seem to contradict that in any way.

houghtam
03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
How does this apply to the discussion? Interesting as it is, it's in no way a factor for the 2011 Denver Broncos or their methods to winning games. The point being made was that the Broncos were only as successful as they were because other teams played right into Denver's hand. This doesn't seem to contradict that in any way.

LOL

I'm not getting involved in that discussion. It's the equivalent of blaming injuries during a losing season.

Jay3
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
The Pittsburgh Game.

The Jets game.

The 7 game win streak.

Winning the division.

And it will be tied to the Peyton Manning era in my mind forever -- without that successful season, Peyton never comes here. If it goes the other, Broncos think draft, and Peyton never thinks of Broncos as a team ready to be competitive.

barryr
03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
The Pittsburgh Game.

The Jets game.

The 7 game win streak.

Winning the division.

And it will be tied to the Peyton Manning era in my mind forever -- without that successful season, Peyton never comes here. If it goes the other, Broncos think draft, and Peyton never thinks of Broncos as a team ready to be competitive.

Yep, I mentioned this as well. If the Broncos stick with Orton and win like 5 games as they were headed, the Broncos are not as interesting to Manning.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
LOL

I'm not getting involved in that discussion. It's the equivalent of blaming injuries during a losing season.

Fair enough.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Yep, I mentioned this as well. If the Broncos stick with Orton and win like 5 games as they were headed, the Broncos are not as interesting to Manning.

Can't argue that, I guess.

broncosteven
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Tebow's time in Denver will always have a special place in my heart. Now, I just have to find a way to break the news to my son (who loves Tebow). This was Game 1 of the wild ride and we were there to witness it...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B-lrLgiRFts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was a great thread!

I am trying to explain to my 4 year old that his "Tim Tim Tebow" has been replaced by Manning. I had a hell of a time doing the same with my daughter who was maybe 5 at the time when Cutler left.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 07:29 PM

http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0808/renovations-10_300.jpg

RaiderH8r
03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
That was a great thread!

I am trying to explain to my 4 year old that his "Tim Tim Tebow" has been replaced by Manning. I had a hell of a time doing the same with my daughter who was maybe 5 at the time when Cutler left.

That's the part that sucks. Tebow is the kind of guy, the kind of man, you want your kids to look up to and it sucks to see the disappointment in their eyes when you try to explain it to them.

Agamemnon
03-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Really?

Absolutely.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0808/renovations-10_300.jpg

Is that not a door going in? Wouldn't you, therefore, be welcoming him in rather than inviting him to leave? Every door in my house and all that I can think of off the top of my head (single doors, obviously) seem to have the handle on the right when leaving and the left when entering.

Eh, inconsequential, I guess. And maybe coincidence...

gyldenlove
03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
I will remember the comebacks, and the crazy ups and downs. Certainly the playoffs and the huge win against Pittsburgh, this season really gave back hope to a lot of Broncos fans.

RhymesayersDU
03-22-2012, 06:16 AM
All I know is, I'm keeping my Tebow/DT poster framed, along with the ticket to that Steeler game. That will go down as one of the greats.

RIBEYZE
03-22-2012, 07:30 AM

But yeah......that was an "embarrassing" season. Tool.Another hypocritical delusional jackass that only has the capacity to remember the last 2 minutes of the few games the Broncos won last season and the reading comprehension of a sack of hammers. I never said that last season was embarassing, I said YOU were embarassing with your misguided blind support of a talentless mental midget that could only handle a fraction of the playbook. But go on calling me a half-fan for calling it like it is while you spew your hate for Orton and can't stand that teblow's replacement is not only is the real epitomy of work-ethic and integrity, but actually has talent as well. Welcome to reality. Hypocritical tool.

mwill07
03-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Great article in IAOLFM today (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-end-of-the-tebow-era)on Tebow's legacy:

Tebow will forever be etched in Broncos lore. No matter what happens during his time in the league, he joins a list that we all hold dear. This list includes Craig Morton, John Elway, Brian Griese, and Jake Plummer. What do they have in common? All of them have taken the Denver Broncos to the playoffs.

You see, the playoffs are not something to take lightly. That's why the list of Broncos playoff quarterbacks is so short. In fact, Tebow is only the fifth Broncos quarterback to taste the post-season. Some quarterbacks will go their entire career and never get there.

This puts Tebow in special company, and all Broncos fans--no matter their personal views on Tebow's politics or religion--will come to embrace his place in the Broncos' history books. Further, we'll come to separate Tebow from Tebowmania as the years pass. Fair or not, Tebowmania burns hot (scorchingly so) at present. It won't always be this way. Further, Tebow's mechanical flaws will become rather like fascinating quirks as time passes. The 80-yard touchdown pass from Tebow to Demaryius Thomas in this year's playoffs will replace the mechanical imperfections in our seasoned minds. The moment will matter more than completion percentage ever did. In short, eventually, the bowling ball that is Tebow will take its place alongside the others: the scruffy Plummer, the bow-legged Morton, the aloof Griese, and yes, as much as it might pain some of us, John Elway. It's perfectly fine. He's earned it. The playoff victory didn't win itself.

BroncoBeavis
03-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Another hypocritical delusional jackass that only has the capacity to remember the last 2 minutes of the few games the Broncos won last season and the reading comprehension of a sack of hammers. I never said that last season was embarassing, I said YOU were embarassing with your misguided blind support of a talentless mental midget that could only handle a fraction of the playbook. But go on calling me a half-fan for calling it like it is while you spew your hate for Orton and can't stand that teblow's replacement is not only is the real epitomy of work-ethic and integrity, but actually has talent as well. Welcome to reality. Hypocritical tool.

Yeah after reading that I think half-fan might be a little too much credit.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Another hypocritical delusional jackass that only has the capacity to remember the last 2 minutes of the few games the Broncos won last season and the reading comprehension of a sack of hammers. I never said that last season was embarassing, I said YOU were embarassing with your misguided blind support of a talentless mental midget that could only handle a fraction of the playbook. But go on calling me a half-fan for calling it like it is while you spew your hate for Orton and can't stand that teblow's replacement is not only is the real epitomy of work-ethic and integrity, but actually has talent as well. Welcome to reality. Hypocritical tool.

Looks to me like we have an Ortonboner.

Didn't think you guys actually existed.

Take a picture, everyone!

55CrushEm
03-22-2012, 08:02 AM

Speaking of mental midgets........oy-vey.

Keep sportin' that Orton......

HooptyHoops
03-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Last season was unbelievable! Tim Tebow will always hold dear to my heart for taking over a 1-4 team with no life in the whole suck for Luck saga and then propelling the Broncos to the playoffs and beating the heavily favored Steelers! Simply Unreal!! And those comebacks....seriously one of the most fun seasons I've watched(30 plus years)!!

Bigloco
03-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I know that many will remember Tebow's "John 3:16" game vs Pittsburgh.

I, however, will remember his "Deuteronomy 13:6" game vs New England and the godless Patriots.

Deuteronomy 13:6 (through 9 for his 9 completions; He had 136 yards passing):

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

ol#7
03-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Well, when he comes back to Denver as Gabbert's back-up, you can say hi to him if you haven't sold your season tickets

I just put my money were my mouth is and asked for a refund on my season tickets.

I am not abandoning the Broncos, just planning on paying alot less attention (and money).

houghtam
03-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I just put my money were my mouth is and asked for a refund on my season tickets.

I am not abandoning the Broncos, just planning on paying alot less attention (and money).

UR NOT A FAN

ol#7
03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
UR NOT A FAN

Yeah I know. In all honesty I am fairly jaded about pro sports and had lost interest in the Broncos. Last season I bought in. Bought in hard. I feel a palpable loss in this change of direction.

Rather than bitch about it (ok I will still do that here) or write going away letters to the mane, I did the only thing in my power to do and pull the plug on my financial support over my displeasure.

The Broncos may be better with Manning (Jury is out, brutal schedule), but my interest is certainly less.

That One Guy
03-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah I know. In all honesty I am fairly jaded about pro sports and had lost interest in the Broncos. Last season I bought in. Bought in hard. I feel a palpable loss in this change of direction.

Rather than b**** about it (ok I will still do that here) or write going away letters to the mane, I did the only thing in my power to do and pull the plug on my financial support over my displeasure.

The Broncos may be better with Manning (Jury is out, brutal schedule), but my interest is certainly less.

First, good on you to act with your wallet if you don't like something.

Second, LOL @ you having an old school pic of Elway as your avatar yet claiming you're not as interested in the team without Tebow here. This is Elway's second charge to take the team to greatness (attempting, at least) and you're not interested in seeing how it plays out because Tebow won't be here to lead it? Elway is putting it all on the line going with Peyton Manning and you're not intrigued?

Gort
03-22-2012, 09:21 AM
first time we've had a QB since Elway who made you think we had a chance to win it in the 4th quarter, even if we were down by 15 with 3 minutes to go.

http://i.imgur.com/Hq1PW.gif

http://i.imgur.com/fWYDm.gif

That One Guy
03-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Last season was unbelievable! Tim Tebow will always hold dear to my heart for taking over a 1-4 team with no life in the whole suck for Luck saga and then propelling the Broncos to the playoffs and beating the heavily favored Steelers! Simply Unreal!! And those comebacks....seriously one of the most fun seasons I've watched(30 plus years)!!

You know... while I say there was never hope for me that we'd win the SB, I will say that I'd take what we had over having sucked the whole season and winning the Luck sweepstakes. It was definitely better than a 2-14 season.

Gort
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM

Second, LOL @ you having an old school pic of Elway as your avatar yet claiming you're not as interested in the team without Tebow here. This is Elway's second charge to take the team to greatness (attempting, at least) and you're not interested in seeing how it plays out because Tebow won't be here to lead it? Elway is putting it all on the line going with Peyton Manning and you're not intrigued?

his avatar is Morton, not Elway. if you were a REAL Broncos fan, you'd know that. do you see what i did there?

:welcome:

edog24
03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
You know... while I say there was never hope for me that we'd win the SB, I will say that I'd take what we had over having sucked the whole season and winning the Luck sweepstakes. It was definitely better than a 2-14 season.

I agree with you. Sadly though, I think the FO would have preferred the losses with the sloth so we could get a higher draft pick and avoid the TT circus. While the fans were rejoicing, the FO knew that TT would be gone at the end of the season and it was all a farce.

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:36 AM

LOL

houghtam
03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
his avatar is Morton, not Elway. if you were a REAL Broncos fan, you'd know that. do you see what i did there?

What gave it away? The uniform? The lack of a mullet? The obvious existence of an ACL? Or maybe the poster's name was "ol"#7?

Gort
03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
What gave it away? The uniform? The lack of a mullet? The obvious existence of an ACL? Or maybe the poster's name was "ol"#7?

i remember Morton and his gimpy knees. i remember the M&M connection. i remember our first SB. i remember all 7 turnovers we had (it was 7, right? it seemed more like a million at the time). i remember the ball hitting Rick Upchurch on the helmet during a punt. in 34 years since, i have never seen that happen again. i'm sure it must have happened to somebody else, but i am not aware who. it seemed like we could do nothing right in that game. after such a magical season too. that was the year i "adopted" the Broncos as my 2nd favorite team, after the Bert Jones led Baltimore Colts.

ludo21
03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
the Miami game was something else.

The most fun Ive had watching the Broncos since 97'98.

Thank you Tebow for the memories!

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2012, 09:46 AM
This is only one small chapter in the Tebow saga.

Tim Tebow is going to accept a Steve Young role to Joe Montana here. After Peyton wins consecutive Super Bowls (just like Montana did in 88-89), Manning is going to retire and Tebow is going to be ready to fill in after getting his Ph.D in quarterbacking from the University of Elway-Manning.

After a few failed attempts in the playoffs, Tebow is going to throw six TD passes in the Super Bowl in a blowout win. While standing on the sidelines in joy, Tebow is going to exclaim "somebody get the money off my back!"

Just like Gary Plummer did in XXIX, Von Miller is going to walk over and do a pantomime of grabbing a monkey off Tebow's back.

Then in 2026, Abraham Elam Steinwertz is going to take over the helm of Broncos QB and be a Jewish hero to millions of Hebrew boys.

ROFL! :notworthy

good stuff...

RaiderH8r
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM

http://noobstore.com/prodimages/tshirt-m-boom-Black-art-280.gif

ol#7
03-22-2012, 10:26 AM
i remember Morton and his gimpy knees. i remember the M&M connection. i remember our first SB. i remember all 7 turnovers we had (it was 7, right? it seemed more like a million at the time). i remember the ball hitting Rick Upchurch on the helmet during a punt. in 34 years since, i have never seen that happen again. i'm sure it must have happened to somebody else, but i am not aware who. it seemed like we could do nothing right in that game. after such a magical season too. that was the year i "adopted" the Broncos as my 2nd favorite team, after the Bert Jones led Baltimore Colts.

Funny to be called out by someone who complains about fans that think life began with Tebow by a so called fan that can't recognize Craig Morton, the ORIGINAL #7! Great catch guys!

To your point about SB XII since I quoted YOU, not 'that one guy' who has earned his place on my ever expanding Ignore list, if you rewatch that game, Denver had all the opportunities and momentum in the first half and just couldnt cash in. Dallas fields a punt at the 2, fumbles and our guy is right there to recover in the endzone along with a slew of Broncos and Dallas somehow recovers...Brutal.

That One Guy
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM

Well, shoot, you win but the point is even stronger there. He's been around since pre-Elway but not interested because Tebow is leaving.

And I jumped on board the broncos in the mid 90s so I get exempted from consequences from my stupidity.

ol#7
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Well, shoot, you win but the point is even stronger there. He's been around since pre-Elway but not interested because Tebow is leaving.

And I jumped on board the broncos in the mid 90s so I get exempted from consequences from my stupidity.

So your a Bandwagon fan from the SB winning years. Wow SUPERFAN!

I didn't say I wasnt interested, I said I was LESS interested. Reading Comprehension is your friend.

I am in a time zone where games are starting at 11pm. I stayed up for every game last year. Next year I am going to bed.

I was buying season tickets until I can work my next government job in Colorado, even though there is no guarantee of that happening while now I could realistically make a game or 2 at best. No I am a terrible fan.

I just witnessed the finest individual to ever play in a Denver uniform treated like garbage by the best player to ever wear the uniform. I don't feel that deserves my unending support. I never said I wouldn't follow along, I am just keeping my money and giving up the chance to follow a magical (or disasterous) ride because I strongly oppose what this team just did. I voiced my displeasure with my wallet and gave up my rights as a season ticket holder to do so. The team wont care, but I do.

Gort
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM

alot of people would have felt the same way if Reeves had actually shipped Elway off to Washington in favor of Maddox too. it's a normal fan reaction to be expected a mere 2 days after 2 MAJOR changes. people calm down. he'll calm down. i'm disappointed about shipping out Tebow too. i didn't want Manning either. but like i've said before, i've got 4 or 5 months to wrap my head around it. doesn't make me any less of a Broncos fan. i just happen to think there is potentially a huge upside with Tebow and would have liked that to be developed here.

RIBEYZE
03-23-2012, 04:06 PM

I am not abandoning the Broncos, just planning on paying alot less attention (and money).Nice. Another Tebow rat jumping ship. buh bye.

Agamemnon
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Nice. Another Tebow rat jumping ship. buh bye.

This **** is getting old.

bombay
03-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh, excellent. Love seeing the tebow rats get away from the Broncos.

razorwire77
03-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Winning with Manning will cure most butt-hurt.

However, if the team struggles to win with Manning. Butt hurt x 10.

houghtam
03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Winning with Manning will cure most butt-hurt.

However, if the team struggles to win with Manning. Butt hurt x 10.

Just for the sake of argument, why would ANYONE not be angry if the team struggles to win with Manning?

razorwire77
03-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Just for the sake of argument, why would ANYONE not be angry if the team struggles to win with Manning?

You're right. Year one, if the team is slightly better than average with Manning things are going to be unbearable. If the team struggles to win with Manning, there will be open revolts in the streets.