PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller: Tebow, Manning can coexist

Chris
03-19-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d827b47f1/Von-Miller-Tebow-Manning-can-co-exist

"If Tim can learn under Peyton he could be one of the best QBs in the league... I'm hoping we can keep Tim, I'm hoping we can work it out..."

Headless Hessian Rider
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d827b47f1/Von-Miller-Tebow-Manning-can-co-exist

"If Tim can learn under Peyton he could be one of the best QBs in the league... I'm hoping we can keep Tim, I'm hoping we can work it out..."

:thumbs:

SumTingWong
03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I agree with this.

That way the spirits will protect over us and smile down on sundays and not send lightning bolts after our players and stuff.

We need to keep Tebow on the roster and we'll be fine.

Make it happen John!!!

ColoradoDarin
03-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Manning and Tebow can, but I'm not sure Elway and Tebow can.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I am up for keeping him if he plays TE

MileHighMagic
03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Don't even get your hopes up. Timmy is gone.

HorseHead
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Not happenin'..Peyton is a notorious rep taker in practice...hello veteran back up...

KO5K
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM

Yeah, this.

barryr
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Of course the players would like Tebow to stay. He is a popular teammate, but the Broncos have no faith that Tebow can develop. I still don't understand why people think they should keep a player around they don't believe in.

hookemhess
03-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Not happenin'..Peyton is a notorious rep taker in practice...hello veteran back up...

I'd like to see us sign a veteran back up and draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd.

R8R H8R
03-19-2012, 05:30 PM

As much as I appreciate his attitude, unfortunately, his bosses apparently don't agree with him. I am afraid Tebow is going elsewhere.

Chris
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
As much as I appreciate his attitude, unfortunately, his bosses apparently don't agree with him. I am afraid Tebow is going elsewhere.

Forget about his bosses for a second, do you agree with him? If so, speak up. Make it harder for them to trade the guy.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Tebow could make a great Jack Of All Trades player for the Broncos. Would love to see it.

zdoor
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Would love to see him stay but don't think it will happen...

orangeatheist
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree with this.

That way the spirits will protect over us and smile down on sundays and not send lightning bolts after our players and stuff.

We need to keep Tebow on the roster and we'll be fine.

Make it happen John!!!

WTF? So Tebow's like a lucky rabbit's foot for you? Superstitious bastard... ;D

Pony Boy
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Tebow would never get on the field as long as Manning is here so let him go, he's good for football and all the young kids that follow him. I will still watch him play and enjoy it wherever he lands.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Signing Manning was the only way for EFX to wash their hands of Tebow without a fan revolt. They aren't going to waste the opportunity.

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
The only way I can see Tebow sticking would be if he changed positions. As a backup QB, it just doesn't make any sense. If Manning struggled a game, there would be crazy fans chanting for Tebow.. just not a good situation.

Tebow wants to be a QB; Denver should give him a chance to do that elsewhere. I'm not really sure Manning wants to babysit Tebow, either.

GoHAM
03-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Signing Manning was the only way for EFX to wash their hands of Tebow without a fan revolt. They aren't going to waste the opportunity.

This.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Its stupid to get rid of Tim and I would inly do it if he asked me personally.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I'd love to see the Broncos hire a secondary staff to spend the next two years building a secondary package that we could use in special situations. Imagine if teams had to prepare for both the Manning and the Tebow package. Could be truly evolutionary for the NFL.

mwill07
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM

Cosigned.

peacepipe
03-19-2012, 05:57 PM
no way tebow stays a bronco. broncos will not risk the tebow circus(tebownites)distracting manning if manning has a slow start.

Jetmeck
03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Of course the players would like Tebow to stay. He is a popular teammate, but the Broncos have no faith that Tebow can develop. I still don't understand why people think they should keep a player around they don't believe in.

You don't know chit, let alone what the FO is thinkin.............

Jetmeck
03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
The only way I can see Tebow sticking would be if he changed positions. As a backup QB, it just doesn't make any sense. If Manning struggled a game, there would be crazy fans chanting for Tebow.. just not a good situation.

Tebow wants to be a QB; Denver should give him a chance to do that elsewhere. I'm not really sure Manning wants to babysit Tebow, either.

95 million should buy a little oversight and diaper changing if necessary................

ScottXray
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Tebow would never get on the field as long as Manning is here so let him go, he's good for football and all the young kids that follow him. I will still watch him play and enjoy it wherever he lands.

Point is if he is traded anywhere it is unlikely they will want him as a Qb also. Ne...no.
Miami...No.

Maybe Jax, but they have Henne and Gabbert.
I can't think of any other clubs that will want to bring him in. NE but not as a QB. Miami has the wrong offense.

Really the only way Jax do it is if we throw in something.
Swap Gabbert for Tebow and we add a 4th. This is only if they think Gabbert is garbage. It would probably fill their seats, but also bring the circus.

If Tebow is not able to play QB anywhere then he will have to change position
either here, or elsewhere. TE or FB are possibilities. Fans will not like it but will understand. Plus if Tebow stays with the Broncos those that bought his Jersey ( I got one as a present from my B-n-law when I went to the Chi game last year...then had to pay for it...150 for authentic) won't have totally wasted their money.

That might buy some good will from the fans...

Pony Boy
03-19-2012, 06:05 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l2Z95DPt7oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UberBroncoMan
03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd love to see the Broncos hire a secondary staff to spend the next two years building a secondary package that we could use in special situations. Imagine if teams had to prepare for both the Manning and the Tebow package. Could be truly evolutionary for the NFL.

Manning won't take a snap or series off.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Keep dreamin'

I'd go from demoralized to stoked in a heartbeat. But this FO is getting rid of Tebow.

jacob2125
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM
no way tebow stays a bronco. broncos will not risk the tebow circus(tebownites)distracting manning if manning has a slow start.

Manning's a big boy I think he can handle it. Besides you're going to have that no matter who your backup is.

barryr
03-19-2012, 06:12 PM
You don't know chit, let alone what the FO is thinkin.............

Oh, you're right, you know so much more. They went hard after Manning as soon as they could and are shopping Tebow. But they really believe in Tebow though. Makes sense.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Tebow and Manning could coexist fine. EFX and Tebow are where it's completely ****ed.

peacepipe
03-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Manning's a big boy I think he can handle it. Besides you're going to have that no matter who your backup is.

yeah, he'll handle it just fine,but I don't thinlk EFX will tolerate it. nobody is going to chant the back ups name with peyton at QB. I'd bet that if denver kept TT & PM had a slow start & fans started chanted tebow,TT would get released the next day.

barryr
03-19-2012, 06:18 PM
This is what will happen. If the Broncos get a pick of some kind, they jump on it. If they can't make a trade, the Broncos will ask Tebow to switch to FB, he will refuse and they release him.

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
95 million should buy a little oversight and diaper changing if necessary................

He is being paid that amount to make the Broncos a SB contender, not to develop Tim Tebow. Manning is going to have their hands full getting completely healthy/in rhythm with the Broncos offense.

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
This is what will happen. If the Broncos get a pick of some kind, they jump on it. If they can't make a trade, the Broncos will ask Tebow to switch to FB, he will refuse and they release him.

I dunno if Tebow would refuse to switch positions. He's shown in the past, he's willing to play whatever position the team asks him to. Maybe he's past the point of no return, with the higher ups in the franchise tho.. and it's not possible. Maybe the team can't handle his fan base, and see it as an opportunity to wash their hands clean of him. I think he'd be an asset for the team, but few teams are going to want him to be a starting QB at this point. It's just not probably going to happen.

He's going to be in a backup role, unless he changes positions.

barryr
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I dunno if Tebow would refuse to switch positions. He's shown in the past, he's willing to play whatever position the team asks him to. Maybe he's past the point of no return, with the higher ups in the franchise tho.. and it's not possible. Maybe the team can't handle his fan base, and see it as an opportunity to wash their hands clean of him. I think he'd be an asset for the team, but few teams are going to want him to be a starting QB at this point. It's just not probably going to happen.

He's going to be in a backup role, unless he changes positions.

It is clear Tebow wants to be given a chance to be a QB in the NFL. When he believes he's been given a fair chance and he can't do it, then I imagine he would accept moving to a new position if he wants to stay in the NFL. But I doubt he believes he has had that chance with the Broncos and won't with Manning around, so only option is to leave, especially since the organization does not believe he can do it.

vanbrugh
03-19-2012, 06:42 PM
I would imagine knowing the incestuous nature of the agents involved this decision has already been made...the value will depend on what we can get... maybe that was the delay in the announcement?
If what is me as Pizza boy i'm keeping him for that red zone - but i guess you gotta give get TT to a desired destination (we seem to be good at this)...

Lets just hope the Patriots don't hurt us again x4 cos i have a feeling this time could really hurt!

canadianbroncosfan
03-19-2012, 06:43 PM

this

Ronnie Tsunami
03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
*manning bump*

one man's quest to rid the first page of all excessive peyton related content

Hamrob
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I'd love to keep Tebow around...but, it won't happen. What really sucks, is the fact we won't get a whole lot in trade for him. He's a better player than what we'll get in exchange.

wandlc
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
It would be nice to keep Tebow and use him in the 4th quarter in games where the score dictates running the ball to run clock. That way he can continue to develop and still throw the occasional play action pass. But this will never happen.