PDA

View Full Version : Now we start the Tebow stock watch!

Greatspirits
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

I hope he ends up back in Jacksonville.

Swedish Extrovert
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Tebow for Gabbert straight up.

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 12:34 PM
depressing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-not-expecting-much-in-tim-tebow-trade/

barryr
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Yep, a 4th rounder is the best I see, but the Broncos should take whatever they can and move on.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
depressing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-not-expecting-much-in-tim-tebow-trade/

Why the **** do they always say this kind of **** before trades. I mean they declared they would take a 5th for Lloyd, and that's what they got. Now they say they don't expect much for Tebow. Guess what is going to happen? ****ing idiots are running this team...

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Maybe we could trade him to Skip Bayless? Bet he'd give us a few first rounders?

Anyway. The media has been wrong for days. I'll wait for something real.

Deuce
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
There is a part of me that wants Tebow to call up Elway and say "I want to be on this team and I want to do whatever it takes to help this team win, I will play halfback, h back, tight end, whatever you need me to do."

I know this will never happen but it would be cool.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
The new Jacksonville owner himself stated that he would've taken Tebow with his first rounder. Why wouldn't we be able to get AT LEAST a third from them now?

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Why the **** do they always say this kind of **** before trades. I mean they declared they would take a 5th for Lloyd, and that's what they got. Now they say they don't expect much for Tebow. Guess what is going to happen? ****ing idiots are running this team...

It was Charlie Casserly who said he did not expect TT to bring more than a 5th. I think what the Broncos are acknowledging is that no matter how much teams like the patriots SAY they like TT, no one is going to pony up a 1st round pick or anything comparable for TT.

The Broncos used a 1st round pick on TT, the Broncos are not going to get that type of value in a trade, that's the main point of this article IMHO.

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
The new Jacksonville owner himself stated that he would've taken Tebow with his first rounder. Why wouldn't we be able to get AT LEAST a third from them now?

two reasons: Gabbert and Henne.

I'll even throw in one more reason: a coaching staff and FO that will try to talk some reason into this new fresh faced owner.

I do think they'd pony up a 4th. But then what about Gabbert?

Rolandftw
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM

He said he would have tried to trade down to get him, or something like that. No way Jacksonville would have taken him early.

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
There is a part of me that wants Tebow to call up Elway and say "I want to be on this team and I want to do whatever it takes to help this team win, I will play halfback, h back, tight end, whatever you need me to do."

I know this will never happen but it would be cool.

Report I saw said Tebow'd be cut before he'd be kept as a backup. They don't want the second guessing that comes with the Tebow fans anymore is my guess.

Though, I agree, if it were possible, I'd have preferred to see how the Tebow project ends. The fans just make it impossible.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Unless skip is trading for him no one wants him. Jags would've never went the henne route.

barryr
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM

I'll even throw in one more reason: a coaching staff and FO that will try to talk some reason into this new fresh faced owner.

I think they'd have to trade Gabbert if they traded for Tebow since Gabbert would always be looking over his shoulder with a fan favorite right there.

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I'd take Gabbert straight up and see if he develops. You're right, though, in that if anyone trades for Tebow, he has to start. If anyone doesn't want a divided fanbase and drama, that means getting rid of any other competent QBs and having a journeyman/vet as his backup.

g6matty
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
we should try to pick up a 6th so we can give that to the browns from the brady quinn deal. right now we dont have one because of bunkley ( i think ) so we would owe them a 5th ,

Drek
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM

Because they don't have to. Why pay for something you can get for free? The FO will cut him before they actually try to build a relationship with Tim and describe to him a long term picture where Tebow matures here.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
At this point Miami has nothing to lose. Everyone is denying them. Even Flynn. First harbaugh and fisher give Miami the finger. Now players. Ryan Clark was quoted as saying he doesnt know how anyone would sign there after he visited. It's a mess down there.

yerner
Gabbert for Tebow would be an amazing deal. Gabbert probably sucks but it would be better value than anything they could hope to get.

Punisher
Tebow for Gabbert straight up.

This
I Will **** my pants if this happens

HILife
I fully support keeping Tebow as a backup and grooming him, but if by some magical intervetion we can get a 2nd for him.....Do it.

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I fully support keeping Tebow as a backup and grooming him, but if by some magical intervetion we can get a 2nd for him.....Do it.

You do realize we'll be lucky to get a 5th for him, right?

I'm betting some team gives us a 6th and we use that to pay off the Browns, keeping our own 5th. We get more value than anyone is actually willing to pay, knowing that we're cutting him, and the trade partner doesn't need to worry about a waiver claim.

My guess is that trade partner will be the New England patriots.

I was thinking Gabbert + a 3rd earlier, but the FO is already losing this media war with multiple leaks indicating that they'll simply cut Tebow if they can't trade him.

No matter what, huge loss of value simply because our FO can't handle the local and national media.

GreatBronco16
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2012/3/tegowingggg.jpg

eddie mac
Michael Silver's a bit of a dick to be honest.

Stating that Tebow will be hard to move because his base salary jumps to $6m in 2013 and $7m in 2014. The kid only has $700k left in guaranteed money. That's all that ever matters in a contract.

Tombstone RJ
Yah, the Broncos should just keep TT instead of cutting him. Bring him in in special packages, goaline type of stuff. You know this is how the NE would use TT if they got him.

As for the fans screaming about TT not starting, I don't think that happens if the Broncos are winning, yes?

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
He said he would have tried to trade down to get him, or something like that. No way Jacksonville would have taken him early.

Huh? He clearly said he would've traded down from #10 in the first and taken him with that later first round pick.

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Yah, the Broncos should just keep TT instead of cutting him. Bring him in in special packages, goaline type of stuff. You know this is how the NE would use TT if they got him.

As for the fans screaming about TT not starting, I don't think that happens if the Broncos are winning, yes?

But a one or two game skid and the team never has a chance to fix what went wrong. At first sight of problems, the fans would attack.

I wouldn't be surprised if moving Tebow was part of the sales pitch.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Gabbert for Tebow would be an amazing deal. Gabbert probably sucks but it would be better value than anything they could hope to get.

They'd be better off taking a 5th. They need the picks more than they need another waterboy for Peyton.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM

Tell them we'll take Gabbert and their fourth for Tebow. ;D

ColoradoBuff
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
i would in no case release him....get some kind of value from him, whether it be a 3rd, 4th round pick but just don't release his ass!

Dos Rios
03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Wait until a qb goes down in preseason and take the pick in next year's draft.

BroncoBen
03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
i would in no case release him....get some kind of value from him, whether it be a 3rd, 4th round pick but just don't release his ass!

If no team trades for Tim.. I would not be surprised if Tebow is not cut outright.

The Broncos want to get out from under this 'TebowMania'.

Let some other team deal with it..

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
But a one or two game skid and the team never has a chance to fix what went wrong. At first sight of problems, the fans would attack.

I wouldn't be surprised if moving Tebow was part of the sales pitch.

Perhaps but releasing TT for nothing seems kind of stupid when he can be effective in certain packages, especially to throw a defense off in goaline situations.

go_broncos
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
There is no reason to trade Tebow.

bendog
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
I can't see how they keep him. Manning has a bad game and the freaks would put up billboards.

Pony Boy
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
I hope the Mane handles Tebow with as much class as Tebow has handled this situation but somehow I doubt it.

That One Guy
Perhaps but releasing TT for nothing seems kind of stupid when he can be effective in certain packages, especially to throw a defense off in goaline situations.

Absolutely agreed. I just sincerely think it's the Tebow fans that are making them want nothing to do with Tebow. The media circus just never ends well and they want to cut bait and run.

HILife
http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2012/3/tegowingggg.jpg

LMAO! Good one.

barryr
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Manning wants complete control of the offense and the Broncos are going to give it him. None of that involves coming out of the game so Tebow can run for TD's. The Broncos can not possibly show they do not believe in Tebow or really even want him around any more than they have, yet people actually think, or more like hope, they will keep him around to learn Manning's offense he nor really any other QB can run besides him. Face it, Tebow is gone. The Broncos getting to a Super Bowl has more to do with finding other pieces on the roster, not who backs up Manning.

bendog
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
yeah, Tebow himself might be classy with being a goal line option, but I don't see how it works. And I don't see how sitting really benefits Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
I can't see how they keep him. Manning has a bad game and the freaks would put up billboards.

Yeah, then watch PM pull a 2011 Colts move and say "gee thanks for the guaranteed money, guys, but I guess my neck does hurt after all. Tell Weber good luck for me!"

That One Guy
I hope the Mane handles Tebow with as much class as Tebow has handled this situation but somehow I doubt it.

For all we know, Tebow's been breaking his toys and screaming at walls since this whole thing started.

Tebow's agents would never let him say anything that'd tarnish his image even if he wanted to. They can leak things, the agent can say things, but they'd never let him say anything.

Remember, LT2 was "all class" until the world finally heard him talk when he was upset and he was just a whiny little bitch. Marvin Harrison was "all class" until he shot someone and got blackballed from the league. These people know how to play the media game because so much is riding on it. They're well advised.

HILife

I'm betting some team gives us a 6th and we use that to pay off the Browns, keeping our own 5th. We get more value than anyone is actually willing to pay, knowing that we're cutting him, and the trade partner doesn't need to worry about a waiver claim.

I was thinking Gabbert + a 3rd earlier, but the FO is already losing this media war with multiple leaks indicating that they'll simply cut Tebow if they can't trade him.

No matter what, huge loss of value simply because our FO can't handle the local and national media.

I did say magical intervention. If they can't get a 2nd, would rather just groom for the future.

Steve Sewell
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM

Yeah, I can't believe these morons running the show in Denver. Can't sign any big name free agents and now THIS? We're going to hell in a handbasket!

55CrushEm
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM

Yeah.....overpaying for FA's (Mays $4M per).....and undervaluing our players to be traded (Lloyd for a 5th, he led the league in receiving the year before)....now Tebow.

R8R H8R
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM

You are probably right, but I would still want to keep him if they can't get a 2nd, which they probably can't.

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
For all we know, Tebow's been breaking his toys and screaming at walls since this whole thing started.

Tebow's agents would never let him say anything that'd tarnish his image even if he wanted to. They can leak things, the agent can say things, but they'd never let him say anything.

Remember, LT2 was "all class" until the world finally heard him talk when he was upset and he was just a whiny little b****. Marvin Harrison was "all class" until he shot someone and got blackballed from the league. These people know how to play the media game because so much is riding on it. They're well advised.
Except Tebow has been a massive celebrity basically since he became an adult, well before he had media handlers or anything of the sort, and he has never had issues like that.

Tim Tebow is more media and image savvy than anyone he could hire to do the job for him. What you see from Tebow is who he is, and that happens to be the most socially aware pro athlete in a VERY long time.

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM

To which the FO can say "LULZ, PEYTON MANNING DOUCHES!" Can't really make that same argument when Kyle Orton is your guy, dropping footballs late in close games.

yeah, Tebow himself might be classy with being a goal line option, but I don't see how it works. And I don't see how sitting really benefits Tebow.
Well lets be honest, Mike McCoy is effectively stealing a paycheck right now. So is Adam Gase. Why not let them earn it by fixing the "problems" with Tebow and then having us a fantastic young QB to replace Manning in a few years.

Mountain Bronco
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I am totally shocked that teams aren't lining up to trade for the guy. At least a second round pick should be expected.

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I am totally shocked that teams aren't lining up to trade for the guy. At least a second round pick should be expected.

Sarcasm?

While the last 3 mins of the Dolphins game were fun, teams are going to remember the first 57 mins as well. That plus a circus?

LOL

No.

bendog
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Well, his value is really in ticket sales. Honestly, guys, you are seeing the collective view of NFL coaches on his current ability to play qb in the NFL. He's a great kid, and who knows whether he'll get a lot better. But right now, he'd be third on the Jax depth chart.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Well lets be honest, Mike McCoy is effectively stealing a paycheck right now. So is Adam Gase. Why not let them earn it by fixing the "problems" with Tebow and then having us a fantastic young QB to replace Manning in a few years.

What tells you they have any notion of how to coach up a young QB? I can't think of anything...

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, his value is really in ticket sales. Honestly, guys, you are seeing the collective view of NFL coaches on his current ability to play qb in the NFL. He's a great kid, and who knows whether he'll get a lot better. But right now, he'd be third on the Jax depth chart.

He's clearly better than Gabbert, so that doesn't compute at all...

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
You are probably right, but I would still want to keep him if they can't get a 2nd, which they probably can't.

I think they can as long as people believe them when they say they might keep him instead.

When you start saying dumb **** like "Well if we can't trade, we'll cut" That's when bad deals happen.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
He's clearly better than Gabbert, so that doesn't compute at all...

Tebow goes to Jax, and they build an offense around him. They can't afford not to. Miami would be slightly less inclined, but it would come down to how creative Philbin feels.

DENVERDUI55
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM

A second for him? LOL Seriously a 4th would be a great deal and I realistically think it will be a 6th.

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
They were talking about Tebow on ATH a while ago and were talking about how a newer coach might not be very willing to risk their head coaching gig on Tebow. Both Jax and Miami are new coaches. If the FO overrules the coach to make money, there could be a suitor but it probably won't be a major bidding war.

Still saying NE is possible but they were pondering whether his career as a QB ends with him leaving Denver. They said there's just not somewhere for him to start and the fans would make him being a backup QB insufferable (paraphrasing that last part).

peacepipe
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
philbin in miami is not going to trust his 1st HC job to a QB that can't complete 50% of his passes. jags just brought in chad henne,not to mention that the jags fan base isn't as pro-tebow we here would all think. also noone wants the circus that tebow brings with him. NE is interested but only as a fullback or similar position. I won't bet the house on it but I'll predict tebow gets released.

Atwater His Ass
03-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm still hoping Tebow sticks around and gets to learn from both Elway and Manning. However, it seems blatantly clear that EFX do not care for Tebow and that makes him staying impossible.

My big concern here is the long term for the franchise. Sure, Manning can come in and give us a couple maybe 3 years. But we completely change our team building stategy in both the draft and free agency, as well as re-do our entire offense to something only Manning can run. Where does that leave the team in 3 years? In pretty much the same situation the Colts are in now....gutting their roster and starting completly over. If Manning doesn't win a Super Bowl with Denver this will set us back worse than where we were before he got here. Huge risk, imo.

Even with Manning here, we still need to find a QB to replace him, meaning spending huge free agency resources just to sign Manning and also draft resources to find a young QB. That's a lot to spend on 1 position on a team absolutely filled with holes all over.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Tebow might not even stick in the NFL now.

Crushaholic
03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Tebow's value in his "celebrity status", not his football play...

TonyR
03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
10:25 am Adam Schefter: Three teams to monitor as trade talks for Tim Tebow pick up: Jacksonville, Green Bay, San Francisco.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/182109614190501889

toad
03-20-2012, 08:00 AM
10:25 am Adam Schefter: Three teams to monitor as trade talks for Tim Tebow pick up: Jacksonville, Green Bay, San Francisco.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/182109614190501889

Wow - San Fran AND Green Bay.

Interesting...

Broncos4tw
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
We don't have a lot of bargaining power. It's clear we want him gone. We have a QB now. We'd be extremely lucky to get a 4th for him to be honest.

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
5 teams contact Denver about Tebow accoring to NFL Networks Michael Lombardi....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b8eca/article/five-teams-expressing-interest-with-tim-tebow-available?module=HP11_headline_stack

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
5 teams contact Denver about Tebow accoring to NFL Networks Michael Lombardi....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b8eca/article/five-teams-expressing-interest-with-tim-tebow-available?module=HP11_headline_stack

Schefter mentioned the 9ers. Could you imagine?

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
We don't have a lot of bargaining power. It's clear we want him gone. We have a QB now. We'd be extremely lucky to get a 4th for him to be honest.

Huh? The only way we don't have any bargaining power is if only one team is interested in him. If there really are 5 teams interested in him, then we have all the leverage we need.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Huh? The only way we don't have any bargaining power is if only one team is interested in him. If there really are 5 teams interested in him, then we have all the leverage we need.

They're all morons. Tebow is a fullback.

spdirty
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Wish Josh McDaniels were running a team right now.

TonyR
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Wow - San Fran AND Green Bay.

Interesting...

Here's some more on Green Bay:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/green-bay-floated-as-a-tim-tebow-destination/

As far as San Fran, you figure they're a bit of a mess right now because of striking out on Manning and letting Alex Smith take visits elsewhere.

Old Dude
03-20-2012, 08:42 AM
EFX seems to love accumulating those 5th round picks.

That One Guy
03-20-2012, 09:15 AM

Interested =/= must have him

There could be plenty willing to bring him in on the cheap for a project/ticket sales angle. That doesn't mean any of them are willing to sell the farm for the guy.

Rohirrim
03-20-2012, 09:18 AM
This may turn out to be a deal where an owner overrides his GM to get Tebow.

bendog
03-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Khan's a muslim too. The irony.

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Interested =/= must have him

There could be plenty willing to bring him in on the cheap for a project/ticket sales angle. That doesn't mean any of them are willing to sell the farm for the guy.

Nowhere did anyone say anything about "selling the farm." C'mon now. There's a happy medium between "selling the farm" and a measley 6th round draft pick. That's all I'm saying.

BroncoBeavis
03-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Nowhere did anyone say anything about "selling the farm." C'mon now. There's a happy medium between "selling the farm" and a measley 6th round draft pick. That's all I'm saying.

OK. A 5th. That's the best this FO can do!

Meck77
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM

Not to mention it's an obvious fit to send Tebow to Fl. Jax wants him, the fans want him, the franchise is on it's knees as it is.

I think we have plenty of bargaining power.

orangeatheist
03-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Not to mention it's an obvious fit to send Tebow to Fl. Jax wants him, the fans want him, the franchise is on it's knees as it is.

I think we have plenty of bargaining power.

I sincerely hope Tebow goes where he wants. He certainly deserves it. Great kid.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
If there are 5 teams interested then a 5th is the least they should get.

Tebow is not polished in any sense of the word. THIS team didn't want to invest the time and effort to develope him. Teams like GB and SF have coaches that have shown they have the ability to develope QBs. It would be the best fit
for him, and would be a place where they already have good starters that will not get yanked around by the fan base demanding Tebow go in. Only in injury situations, or special plays, will Tebow see the field for the next few years.

And he DOES have great potential with the right offense around him.

I would ask for a 5th with a conditional next year based on his TD production. Not see the field = nothing. Score < 5TDs a 6th, Score 5 TDs another 5th, Score 8 Tds a 4th, Score >8 = a third.

I would never outright release him! That is Stupidity!

teknic
03-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty surprised that the 49ers have been in contact with the Broncos about Tebow. I'm assuming it's their plan B for if Smith signs elsewhere, but I could also see someone like Steve Young talking to York and convincing him that Tebow can be the guy. Young initially didn't like Tebow, but he was won over and now thinks he's great, not to mention Tebow's best comparison might be to Young who also was very raw, left handed, scrambler early in his career.

The Jags are the obvious destination, and if the owner intends to keep the team in Jacksonville, he'd be crazy not to do anything in his power to get Tebow.

New England also has 2 late first round picks this year, so I could see Belichick trading a pick or Mallet for Tebow and letting him learn under Brady while seeing the field in special packages.

ScottXray
03-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty surprised that the 49ers have been in contact with the Broncos about Tebow. I'm assuming it's their plan B for if Smith signs elsewhere, but I could also see someone like Steve Young talking to York and convincing him that Tebow can be the guy. Young initially didn't like Tebow, but he was won over and now thinks he's great, not to mention Tebow's best comparison might be to Young who also was very raw, left handed, scrambler early in his career.

The Jags are the obvious destination, and if the owner intends to keep the team in Jacksonville, he'd be crazy not to do anything in his power to get Tebow.

New England also has 2 late first round picks this year, so I could see Belichick trading a pick or Mallet for Tebow and letting him learn under Brady while seeing the field in special packages.

Belli won't give a first for TT. Rumor is that they are going to sign Balts #1 tendered FA and use one for that. Mallett...and a 4th...maybe.

TonyR
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
12:34 pm Mike Freeman: I'm told five to six teams have called the Broncos and that the number might be higher. [My] source believes Tebow will be traded for a fifth or sixth rounder. The Broncos believe they'll be able to trade Tebow by the end of the week. There remains a distinct possibility that if he isn't traded the team would simply release Tebow.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/17922352/interest-in-tebow-increasing

errand
03-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I sincerely hope Tebow goes where he wants. He certainly deserves it. Great kid.

Hopefully he'll land where he wants to land.....

Rumor control (ESPN's the herd) had him telling former UF and Buc Brad Culpepper's wife that he "misses home....misses the south...."