PDA

View Full Version : 104.3 the fan: Clark and Saturday to visit

Kaylore
03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Just heard it on the <s>light rail</s> radio (104.3, not 102.3, sorry Montrose!) that both Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark are coming in for a visit. (No link, It's on right now, don't ban me Taco)

Chris
03-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Clearly fake news. Ban this guy.

Saturday's an upgrade over Walton and Clark is an upgrade over open air. Cool with it especially since it's increases Peyton's comfort level.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Awesome. Indi-West. There is no way this could end badly.

:Broncos:

boppool
03-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Saturday would be good, but the key is Clark. He and Peyton are always in the same page. When his receivers went down, other smaller names have stepped up.
If healthy, Clark will once again be the key to this offense.

jerseyguy4
03-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Clark is a great addition. He's got hands, but he's also a great blocker. That's going to be important, right out of the gates especially

v2micca
03-19-2012, 10:26 AM

Wow, I think I would be more excited about Saturday than even potentially signing a Reggie Wayne ( know he resigned with the Colts, I'm just saying I think getting Saturday would be bigger )

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Explains letting fells go.

ColoradoBuff
03-19-2012, 10:28 AM
nice!

cousinal11
03-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Do it! Do it!

illbroncsfn
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Not sure Saturday has much left- not sure Clark has much left, but both are a position of need....

Ray Finkle
03-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Not sure Saturday has much left- not sure Clark has much left, but both are a position of need....

Saturday is the perfect C to groom Walton.

Rascal
eh...I don't think I want either of them to be honest. Saturday was awful last year and Clark can't stay healthy and blocks worse than a WR.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Per ProFootballFocus, JD Walton graded among the worst centers last season with Jeff Saturday clocking in at #5.

Lycan
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Saturday, mentally, is probably one of the top 3 centers in football.

Now, physically on the other hand, who knows?

Rascal
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM

lol

illbroncsfn
03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Saturday, mentally, is probably one of the top 3 centers in football.

Now, physically on the other hand, who knows?

I think this is a fair assessment- now if only you didn't need both components to excel.....

Having said this, possibly the physical ability of Saturday is overated in a Manning fast break offense....

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I would still take Weigmann over Walton.

boppool
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM

Sounds much more appealing than Browncos, though. No?

uplink
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Saturday would be good, but the key is Clark. He and Peyton are always in the same page. When his receivers went down, other smaller names have stepped up.
If healthy, Clark will once again be the key to this offense.

I think Saturday is the key to helping Manning run his offense, centers have to lead the whole Oline and understand the hurry-up scheme etc.

boppool
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
I think Saturday is the key to helping Manning run his offense, centers have to lead the whole Oline and understand the hurry-up scheme etc.

Oh, I agree with you. It's his age I'm concerned about. If he can play at a high level, he would be a huge upgrade, not to mention being a great mentor for JD.

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
This is the FA period we were waiting for. Saturday upgrades the inside, Walton is depth, Clark is the best TE we have had since Sharpe.

Everything's coming up roses.

barryr
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
But if the Broncos think Walton stinks, then keeping him isn't such great depth especially a guy who has only really played center.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Defense.

Defense.

Defense.

De...OOH! Jeff Saturday! SCORE

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
But if the Broncos think Walton stinks, then keeping him isn't such great depth especially a guy who has only really played center.

If Saturday goes down Walton plays = great depth

Dedhed
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Saturday's an upgrade over Walton and Clark is an upgrade over open air. Cool with it especially since it's increases Peyton's comfort level.

I think more importantly it speeds the learning curve of the other Broncos. Peyton knows what he's doing, he doesn't need security blankets, but the vast majority of the Broncos don't know what they're doing and are going to have an extremely steep learning curve to get to where they understand what Manning is doing.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Figured this was the next step.

Git' er done...

and lets sign some defenders

Drek
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
This is the FA period we were waiting for. Saturday upgrades the inside, Walton is depth, Clark is the best TE we have had since Sharpe.

Everything's coming up roses.

And yet DT, MLB, and CB are still huge weaknesses.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Didnt you hear?

Having Manning makes the defense better. So instead of giving up 6 td passes to Brady, we'll give up 4.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Didnt you hear?

Having Manning makes the defense better. So instead of giving up 6 td passes to Brady, we'll give up 4.

Peyton won plenty of games with a crappy indy D. But yes, i agree, we need to sign some DT's that actually played in games last year.

This is a good day to be a broncos fan though

Archer81
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Peyton won plenty of games with a crappy indy D. But yes, i agree, we need to sign some DT's that actually played in games last year.

This is a good day to be a broncos fan though

No doubt. HOF'ers dont grow on trees. So while I am excited about the possibility of what Manning can do here, the reality of his being 36, with a fused neck and the holes we have on the roster tend to dampen the enthusiasm.

cmhargrove
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Didnt you hear?

But, maybe we can score 6 Td's ourselves and make it more of a contest...

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM

We still have the draft. We needed to upgrade the interior OL and add a TE in addition to DT, MLB (though they signed Mays) and CB.

Getting the players at 3 positions is big.

Kaylore
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Manning does change things. We won't be going three and out as much. Long drives ending in TD's not punts and field goals. When Fox wants to punt on third and inches on the fifty, Manning will tell him suck it and we'll keep going.

Requiem
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Denver Broncolts.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Whiners are still whining. Can't they wait until the whole hand is played?

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Manning does change things. We won't be going three and out as much. Long drives ending in TD's not punts and field goals. When Fox wants to punt on third and inches on the fifty, Manning will tell him suck it and we'll keep going.

I will miss knowing a QB draw is coming on 3rd and 16.

McDman
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM

How could it possibly be a bad thing that Walton learsn behind one of the best for 2 years?

The Colts average 12 wins a season with Manning.

The only way it ends badly if Tebow becomes a great QB somewhere else and that's not going to happen.

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
We still have the draft. We needed to upgrade the interior OL and add a TE in addition to DT, MLB (though they signed Mays) and CB.

Getting the players at 3 positions is big.

How many starters can we realistically pull out of the draft, especially when picking #25 in every round?

We can answer interior OL by signing Saturday and bumping Walton down to backup OC/OG.

We can shore up TE with Dallas Clark, he and Julius Thomas should combine for 16 games of good production.

DT, MLB, and CB are the big issues.

It looks like we're riding with Mays at MLB again, so I'll be praying for Irving to make a massive leap forward.

We've got to sell out to keep Bunkley now and hope he wasn't a contract year wonder. Then we need to add another big guy to play next to him.

We'll probably add Trufant as our new #2 CB, not thrilling but better than Goodman, I guess.

Ideally we can go DT in round 1 and CB in round 2 of the draft to shore up spots we can't truly address in FA.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM

It's all good. Neither does Manning. I think it's our new team theme this year...

srphoenix
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Denver Broncolts.

hehe, much better than the Browncos

extralife
03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
It's all good. Neither does Manning. I think it's our new team theme this year...

people like you are THE reason tim tebow won't have a job in two years. how does it make you feel to ruin the career of your idol.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
The only way it ends badly if Tebow becomes a great QB somewhere else and that's not going to happen.

You and the rest of the myopic fools on this board better hope not...

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
people like you are THE reason tim tebow won't have a job in two years. how does it make you feel to ruin the career of your idol.

Yes. People supporting a young, developing QB and wanting him to have a fair shot are what's wrong with the world. Hilarious!

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes. People supporting a young, developing QB and wanting him to have a fair shot are what's wrong with the world. Hilarious!

Unleash the Manning

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
How many starters can we realistically pull out of the draft, especially when picking #25 in every round?

We can answer interior OL by signing Saturday and bumping Walton down to backup OC/OG.

We can shore up TE with Dallas Clark, he and Julius Thomas should combine for 16 games of good production.

DT, MLB, and CB are the big issues.

It looks like we're riding with Mays at MLB again, so I'll be praying for Irving to make a massive leap forward.

We've got to sell out to keep Bunkley now and hope he wasn't a contract year wonder. Then we need to add another big guy to play next to him.

We'll probably add Trufant as our new #2 CB, not thrilling but better than Goodman, I guess.

Ideally we can go DT in round 1 and CB in round 2 of the draft to shore up spots we can't truly address in FA.

There's also the ripple effect to take into account. If the Broncos were to draft a guy who can rush from the middle (like Cox or Worthy) that makes Von and Doom that much more effective and the ripple is that the secondary gets better as well. And that's the kind of instant impact they could make with that first pick. A guy who plays 3 technique does not need years to learn the position. Also, we don't yet know what the deal will be for Tebow. Maybe we get some more picks? Maybe a player? Who knows? The question is, do you look at it with optimism, or pessimism? With Manning coming here, I just got a whole lot more optimistic.

barryr
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Strangely many that don't like Tebow and think he can't play think the Broncos should either keep him only if they can't trade him for some high draft choice, which is unusual expectations to say the least from a guy they think can't play. And they like to say these Tebow fans are stupid, yet they post this nonsense. Seems they'd rather Tebow not get a chance to play anywhere, for what is a good guess, stupid, shallow reasons.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
The question is, do you look at it with optimism, or pessimism? With Manning coming here, I just got a whole lot more optimistic.

Or you could be realistic, but everyone's got their orange colored glasses on right now so that's no good I guess. So hey, let's talk about how many Super Bowls we're going to win. I'm thinking three. At least. But maybe we can pull off four. Yay for Peyton "I just win Super Bowls" Manning!!!

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM

A lot of similarly definitive statements have been made about Tebow over the last year.

"Can't start in this league."

"Can't win in this league."

"Can't win a division in this league."

"Can't win in the playoffs in this league."

"Can't make the playoffs in this league."

oubronco
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Or you could be realistic, but everyone's got their orange colored glasses on right now so that's no good I guess. So hey, let's talk about how many Super Bowls we're going to win. I'm thinking three. At least. But maybe we can pull off four. Yay for Peyton "I just win Super Bowls" Manning!!!

Helluva lot better chance than with Tebow that's for sure

ScottXray
There's also the ripple effect to take into account. If the Broncos were to draft a guy who can rush from the middle (like Cox or Worthy) that makes Von and Doom that much more effective and the ripple is that the secondary gets better as well. And that's the kind of instant impact they could make with that first pick. A guy who plays 3 technique does not need years to learn the position. Also, we don't yet know what the deal will be for Tebow. Maybe we get some more picks? Maybe a player? Who knows? The question is, do you look at it with optimism, or pessimism? With Manning coming here, I just got a whole lot more optimistic.

I think that the offers for Tebow are going to be low balled, and we won't get much. Maybe a 4th or 5th. Better than that would have to be condtionals, and we won't get them till next year.

Say a 4th, with a conditional 3rd next year depending on production. I think the best bet is to tie his worth to his td production. 6 TDs = another 3rd, 10 TDs a 2nd.

But this year we don't get much and his future club may cut him due to his contract next year. This year he is cheap at 1.5 mill. Next year it jumps up to 5 or so.

Agamemnon
A lot of similarly definitive statements have been made about Tebow over the last year.

"Can't start in this league."

"Can't win in this league."

"Can't win a division in this league."

"Can't win in the playoffs in this league."

"Can't make the playoffs in this league."

Yet people never learn. Really. This could end up being catastrophic for the Broncos in the long-term. No one seems to get that...

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
The question is, do you look at it with optimism, or pessimism? With Manning coming here, I just got a whole lot more optimistic.

Man, I'm the Orange Mane's #1 optimist, always have been and always will be.

But there is a lot of work to be done and questions to be answered here. The FO has chosen to change the conversation from "how do we take the next step long term?" to "how do we win the 2012 Super Bowl?". That was their choice so I expect them to have an answer.

Betting everything on a 36 year QB who didn't play all last season and a handful of draft picks to fix all of our issues isn't exactly a great answer, even to me, an eternal optimist.

baja
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
KEEP TEBOW AT LEAST THROUGH THIS SEASON - THAT IS ALL....

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM

No. It's very clear that you have taken up the banner of sour grapes and are running with it.

Enjoy. :welcome:

barryr
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
What people want to see if now that they have Manning, more moves being made to allow a Manning to take them to a Super Bowl or have a decent shot at least. I know I won't be happy if they sign Manning and tell him to win a Super Bowl with more Adams and Mays type of signings. That just won't be good enough to get to a Super Bowl. Give Manning a real shot.

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM

But there is a lot of work to be done and questions to be answered here. The FO has chosen to change the conversation from "how do we take the next step long term?" to "how do we win the 2012 Super Bowl?". That was their choice so I expect them to have an answer.

Betting everything on a 36 year QB who didn't play all last season and a handful of draft picks to fix all of our issues isn't exactly a great answer, even to me, an eternal optimist.

I think they are shooting more for a 2013-2014 back to back run. I don't think NFL teams look further than 3-5 years anyway. If Manning plays well for 3 years we got a steal. If he breaks down in TC and never plays like Rice did then we are SOL.

CEH
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
In Vegas, We just went from 75-1 with Tebow to 8-1 to win the Super Bowl so yes this is about upgrading the QB position and continuing to build through the draft

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Yet people never learn. Really. This could end up being catastrophic for the Broncos in the long-term. No one seems to get that...

It isn't catastrophic. People said trading Cutler was going to be "catastrophic". "Giving up a dynasty" was the phrase often used. What has Cutler done since? Limp dick himself out of a decisive playoff game where the winner got a ring two weeks later.

I'm a big fan of Tebow and where ever he goes instantly becomes my #2 team by a mile. But even if he turns into the next Steve Young it isn't catastrophic. QB will just be a place we need to address again in two or three years. Hopefully the FO addresses it well.

Really, ideal scenario they trade Tebow to Miami and that leads to Tannehill dropping into our lap at #25. Then we can give Tannehill the time he realistically needs to develop. I just really hope the FO realizes that they're mortgaging the long term plan for short term gains here and have a plan to pay off that mortgage in short order.

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
I think they are shooting more for a 2013-2014 back to back run. I don't think NFL teams look further than 3-5 years anyway. If Manning plays well for 3 years we got a steal. If he breaks down in TC and never plays like Rice did then we are SOL.

2012 or 2013, the question is more or less the same. You've got at least 3 huge holes right now in the starting lineup, just as many question marks in the starting lineup, and generally mediocre depth across the roster. That is a lot of gaps to fill in the short term. It can be done, but the FO needs to spend some money to really make it happen.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
No. It's very clear that you have taken up the banner of sour grapes and are running with it.

Enjoy. :welcome:

I'm pissed that once again the Broncos organization has shown they have no intention of building for long-term, sustained success. We are a franchise utterly crippled by the "win now" mentality. From '99 until today we have continuously tried to make a volkswagen perform like a porsche rather than actually saving towards an actual porsche, and I'm sick of it...

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
It isn't catastrophic. People said trading Cutler was going to be "catastrophic". "Giving up a dynasty" was the phrase often used. What has Cutler done since? Limp dick himself out of a decisive playoff game where the winner got a ring two weeks later.

I'm a big fan of Tebow and where ever he goes instantly becomes my #2 team by a mile. But even if he turns into the next Steve Young it isn't catastrophic. QB will just be a place we need to address again in two or three years. Hopefully the FO addresses it well.

Really, ideal scenario they trade Tebow to Miami and that leads to Tannehill dropping into our lap at #25. Then we can give Tannehill the time he realistically needs to develop. I just really hope the FO realizes that they're mortgaging the long term plan for short term gains here and have a plan to pay off that mortgage in short order.

If you think we spend our 1st rounder on a developmental QB while in full on "win now" mode you are crazy.

DarkHorse
Our young receivers just got a lot better, as did our O-line since Manning knows how to get the ball out of his hand on time.

Our D is another story - if we can play with leads the pass rushers should shine.

Add Clark, maybe Saturday - but continue to build that defense and we'll be downright scary good.

extralife
I'm pissed that once again the Broncos organization has shown they have no intention of building for long-term, sustained success. We are a franchise utterly crippled by the "win now" mentality. From '99 until today we have continuously tried to make a volkswagen perform like a porsche rather than actually saving towards an actual porsche, and I'm sick of it...

peyton manning is pretty good

WolfpackGuy
03-19-2012, 01:54 PM
When is Bush coming for a visit?

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 01:54 PM

I would rather see them sell it out and win now than pickup league trash like KFC does every year. 42 years of not sniffing a SB and nearly 20 without a playoff win.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and imagine that at some point after the end of the season, Elway, Fox and the coaching staff sat down and came to the conclusion that Tebow was not the Bronco's QBOTF. They know that Manning isn't either. So, what do you do in the meantime? Go with Tebow and pretend like he's your long term answer when you don't believe that? Build a team around him?

I'm sure they plan on bringing in a QB to groom for the future either through trade or draft. If not this year, then next. This is a young team in many areas. Maybe we can win a SB and come out the other end of three years with the core of a good team? And that team won't be an option running team.

Anyway, I'm going to go with it. I feel much more confident in Peyton's abilities to take us there than I did in Tebow's.

As far as the D goes, I also see our TOP going way up. This is going to be a good ride, IMO. ;D

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM
If you think we spend our 1st rounder on a developmental QB while in full on "win now" mode you are crazy.

I would not be surprised if they drafted a QB high to groom, you know for the LONG TERM.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
peyton manning is pretty good

Sure. He's also going to be done with football very soon.

And really if you ask me he's slipped a notch or two in the elite QB debate (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady have all been better of late), so if we are banking on an elite QB winning us Super Bowls how do we beat those guys when those guys are playing better and have better teams around them? It just doesn't compute. To me it just feels like EFX are reneging on their long-term rebuilding process for instant gratification, and the fans being typical ADD Americans are totally behind it. But in three or four years, God help us...

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I would not be surprised if they drafted a QB high to groom, you know for the LONG TERM.

How does that help them win a Super Bowl in the next few years? Because, you know that's the whole point of signing Manning right? Doesn't compute.

strafen
Sure. He's also going to be done with football very soon.

And really if you ask me he's slipped a notch or two in the elite QB debate (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady have all been better of late), so if we are banking on an elite QB winning us Super Bowls how do we beat those guys when those guys are playing better and have better teams around them? It just doesn't compute. To me it just feels like EFX are reneging on their long-term rebuilding process for instant gratification, and the fans being typical ADD Americans are totally behind it. But in three or four years, God help us...

WTF?!!!
Are you still here? LOL

orangeatheist

Hopefully running right off the board.... ;D

Blart
03-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Clark was terrible last season. Not just because his QB's sucked either - drops, fumbles, injuries, etc.

We can find a better TE.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
WTF?!!!
Are you still here? LOL

Yep, and I'm not going anywhere. I'm a Tebow fan, but despite what all the retards on this board like to claim, I'm a Bronco fan first. Mind you, I'm a Bronco fan who thinks the team is run by monkeys, but I'm still a Bronco fan.

And to make it clear, I'm going to be rooting for Manning to do what all you fools seem to think he will when the time comes for him to strap up and play. And I'll happily eat crow if it means a Super Bowl win. But I don't blindly follow when something looks stupid to me, and right now EFX's management philosophy looks ****ing stupid on a cosmic level in my eyes.

Agamemnon
Clark was terrible last season. Not just because his QB's sucked either - drops, fumbles, injuries, etc.

We can find a better TE.

This isn't about finding better players. This is about signing Manning's friends. You don't get that?

colorado jones
How does that help them win a Super Bowl in the next few years? Because, you know that's the whole point of signing Manning right? Doesn't compute.

You can go away now. It has been clear to everyone that you NEED something to complain about.

The rest of us will be watching this play out, hoping it works out

You can continue to act like you are a GM/ COACH/ GOD.

Seriously, as a human being, you fail.

Rohirrim

We can find a better TE.

Coby Fleener would be perfect. ;D

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM

We can find a better TE.

Name them

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
You can go away now. It has been clear to everyone that you NEED something to complain about.

The rest of us will be watching this play out, hoping it works out

You can continue to act like you are a GM/ COACH/ GOD.

Seriously, as a human being, you fail.

This answers my question how?

Oh and I don't "NEED" something to complain about. The past decade of being a Bronco fan is a virtual cornucopia of things to complain about.

BroncoInferno
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM

We can find a better TE.

He had one fumble last season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4482/dallas-clark

Injuries are a concern, though. He's missed 15 of a possible 32 games the last two seasons. Hopefully, Julius Thomas and Virgil Green will continue to develop if injuries become an issue.

Lycan
03-19-2012, 02:13 PM
He had one fumble last season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4482/dallas-clark

Injuries are a concern, though. He's missed 15 of a possible 32 games the last two seasons. Hopefully, Julian Thomas and Virgil Green will continue to develop if injuries become an issue.

Julius. And I believe Virgil is suspended.

BroncoInferno
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Julius.

Fixed. Thanks ;D

BroncoInferno
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
And I believe Virgil is suspended.

Yeah, the first 4 games. He'll be back, though.

colorado jones
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
This answers my question how?

Oh and I don't "NEED" something to complain about. The past decade of being a Bronco fan is a virtual cornucopia of things to complain about.

I am not here to answer your questions.....just calling you out for being a miserable human being. Too bad you were not around in the Super Bowl years as you may feel a little different.

And to your contention that you do not need something to complain about.....7200+ posts show differently.

Drek
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and imagine that at some point after the end of the season, Elway, Fox and the coaching staff sat down and came to the conclusion that Tebow was not the Bronco's QBOTF. They know that Manning isn't either. So, what do you do in the meantime? Go with Tebow and pretend like he's your long term answer when you don't believe that? Build a team around him?
Huge difference there. Tebow is 24 and has shown flashes of elite ability, even as a passer (see the Steelers game). Manning is 36. They can believe that Tebow isn't the QBOTF, but they can't be sure. You can be absolutely sure that Manning isn't the QBOTF.

What I don't get is why our FO can't control the conversation here and bridge the gap, having Tebow remain as our backup and as a situational player while Manning is the starter. There is no looming threat of Tebow on a HOF guy like Manning.

I'm sure they plan on bringing in a QB to groom for the future either through trade or draft. If not this year, then next. This is a young team in many areas. Maybe we can win a SB and come out the other end of three years with the core of a good team? And that team won't be an option running team.
In three years Tebow might be a pretty damn solid QB in an offense that has nothing to do with the option run.

Anyway, I'm going to go with it. I feel much more confident in Peyton's abilities to take us there than I did in Tebow's.
Sure, but why can't we have both?

As far as the D goes, I also see our TOP going way up. This is going to be a good ride, IMO. ;D
But you couldn't be more wrong on this. Peyton's teams are not great TOP teams. His offense is a quick score system. Wasn't too long ago he beat Miami in a game where the Colts held the ball for less than 15 minutes if I recall. Our defense isn't going to suddenly be on the field far less. They'll likely be on the field far more. They'll just face a lot more obvious passing downs as Manning should have the opposition playing form behind.

Problem with that is we've seen how our defense fares with a telegraphed "pass first, pass last, pass always" offense twice last season when the Patriots publicly sodomized our D. We've got a couple good pass rushers, that's nice. Those guys can't do their job if our CBs and safeties can't do theirs. Which so far they've shown they can't.

This isn't some massive pickup for the defense, teams will just beat our defense through a different method. Instead of exploiting our lack of quality DTs and reliable LBs in the running game they'll exploit our weak #2 CB, weak #4 CB, weak safeties, and lack of coverage LBs.

Unless the FO steps it up I'd still bet on teams like the Patriots, Saints, and Packers being able to out-score us.

mwill07
03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Huge difference there. Tebow is 24 and has shown flashes of elite ability, even as a passer (see the Steelers game). Manning is 36. They can believe that Tebow isn't the QBOTF, but they can't be sure. You can be absolutely sure that Manning isn't the QBOTF.

What I don't get is why our FO can't control the conversation here and bridge the gap, having Tebow remain as our backup and as a situational player while Manning is the starter. There is no looming threat of Tebow on a HOF guy like Manning.

In three years Tebow might be a pretty damn solid QB in an offense that has nothing to do with the option run.

But you couldn't be more wrong on this. Peyton's teams are not great TOP teams. His offense is a quick score system. Wasn't too long ago he beat Miami in a game where the Colts held the ball for less than 15 minutes if I recall. Our defense isn't going to suddenly be on the field far less. They'll likely be on the field far more. They'll just face a lot more obvious passing downs as Manning should have the opposition playing form behind.

Problem with that is we've seen how our defense fares with a telegraphed "pass first, pass last, pass always" offense twice last season when the Patriots publicly sodomized our D. We've got a couple good pass rushers, that's nice. Those guys can't do their job if our CBs and safeties can't do theirs. Which so far they've shown they can't.

This isn't some massive pickup for the defense, teams will just beat our defense through a different method. Instead of exploiting our lack of quality DTs and reliable LBs in the running game they'll exploit our weak #2 CB, weak #4 CB, weak safeties, and lack of coverage LBs.

Unless the FO steps it up I'd still bet on teams like the Patriots, Saints, and Packers being able to out-score us.

exactly.

McDman
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM

And we have our first "fan" that will now root agaisnt the Broncos because his spank bank is gone.

Mogulseeker
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM

Indy offense, with a John Fox/Jack Del Rio defense. I'm excited.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 02:26 PM
And we have our first "fan" that will now root agaisnt the Broncos because his spank bank is gone.

Not really any different than those who rooted against the Broncos because his spank bank was present.

Roles reversed....

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 02:27 PM

It's not actually possible for me to root against the Broncos. But keep up the smear campaign. It's cute.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Clearly fake news. Ban this guy.

Not just that but Clark can teach the offense to the other TE on the roster. Sat can help teach all the oline audibles and calls.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
I am not here to answer your questions.....just calling you out for being a miserable human being. Too bad you were not around in the Super Bowl years as you may feel a little different.

And to your contention that you do not need something to complain about.....7200+ posts show differently.

I was a Bronco fan through every Bronco Super Bowl, good and bad, outside of '77 (I wasn't born yet), you presumptuous dip****.

And just so you know, message boards exist primarily so people can discuss and complain about a given topic. You know that right?

CEH
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
I disagree that Tebow has shown flashes of elite passing ability. Didn't McCoy basically tell Tebow what was coming. He hit a slant pattern on first down and DT did the rest. I'm not convince he can process an NFL defense. Good luck to him in his future endevors.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Virgil will heal fast as long as he keeps shootin up

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Didn't you read about how Fox was watching the PM press conference and had a "Eureka!" moment? Are you really going to chalk this up to a long-term idea they had? They're clearly making this up as they go along.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I disagree that Tebow has shown flashes of elite passing ability. Didn't McCoy basically tell Tebow what was coming. He hit a slant pattern on first down and DT did the rest. I'm not convince he can process an NFL defense. Good luck to him in his future endevors.

Then try the chargers game on for size, maybe the houston game fits better?

Mccoy can kiss my ass, he is the worst OC quite possibly ever in the NFL. That said, to say tebow has not shown some elite passes has to be tounge in cheek. Can he do it consistently etc....Who knows, but I think he has shown some. And no I am not talking the steelers game. There are lots of good examples, and lots more of bad, but he has shown flashes.

One of my favs was the eddie royal TD on the pats? And then the Dan fells strike down the middle on the jets or dolphins, forget which game it was.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM

Yep anyone who thinks Elway now wastes a high pick on a QB is crazy. He will try to win the Superbowl right now.

Pony Boy
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Just heard it on the <s>light rail</s> radio (104.3, not 102.3, sorry Montrose!) that both Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark are coming in for a visit. (No link, It's on right now, don't ban me Taco)

Jeff Saturday calls the blocking scheme for Manning, he said he sometimes changes it three of four times during Manning’s cadence.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM

Mccoy can kiss my ass, he is the worst OC quite possibly ever in the NFL. That said, to say tebow has not shown some elite passes has to be tounge in cheek. Can he do it consistently etc....Who knows, but I think he has shown some. And no I am not talking the steelers game. There are lots of good examples, and lots more of bad, but he has shown flashes.

One of my favs was the eddie royal TD on the pats? And then the Dan fells strike down the middle on the jets or dolphins, forget which game it was.

None of those throws were special throws. Just hitting the open wr really. Tebow is a gamer though, i am going to miss him if hes gone. Also I have never pulled for a non Bronco before, but i will for Tebow.

CEH
03-19-2012, 02:39 PM

Mcoy is so crappy the took Tebow and changed the offense and got a HC interview out of it.

You can be a Tebow fan. I have no problem with wanting Tebow to succeed

TO me an elite passer make scub WRs look like All Pros

oubronco
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Indy offense, with a John Fox/Jack Del Rio defense. I'm excited.

Everyone should be

Headless Hessian Rider
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't care about Peytons's age... Elway was 37 and 38 when we won his rings and this is now 13 years ago and he was almost damage goods too.
if this pans out great move... I wished we find a solution to keep Tebow especially to show our opponent two faces of Broncos offense, like a real two headed Monster. And additional he could really learn from one of the best...

broncswin
03-19-2012, 02:43 PM
When is Bush coming for a visit?

THIS...also read something about us maybe going after deangelo williams in a trade, since they just signed Tolbert...just talk though

McDman
03-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Not really any different than those who rooted against the Broncos because his spank bank was present.

Roles reversed....

Those guys were just as bad.

Ag is going the route of Jhizz. Soon he'll be calling everyone a raider fan.

enjolras
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
102.3 is reporting that Stokely is likely to be signed as well.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't care about Peytons's age... Elway was 37 and 38 when we won his rings and this is now 13 years ago and he was almost damage goods too.

And Elway took about 100x the beating in his career than Manning has.

McDman
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM

McCoy is the only reason your boy looked half decent last year. We saw what happens when we ran any sort of complicated passing offense. It's going to be nice not having the league leading 3 and outs this year and a QB who can hit someone consitently.

I'll state the obvious here and say it right now, our WR drops will be cut by at least 50%. It will be nice for them to make a break and know where the ball is going to be.

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM

Uggg I didn't think Stokely had anything left and that was 2 years ago.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
McCoy is the only reason your boy looked half decent last year. We saw what happens when we ran any sort of complicated passing offense. It's going to be nice not having the league leading 3 and outs this year and a QB who can hit someone consitently.

I'll state the obvious here and say it right now, our WR drops will be cut by at least 50%. It will be nice for them to make a break and know where the ball is going to be.

Well lets examine this first. Tebow is not my boy. Does my name look like agamemnon or broncowarrior? Negative ghost rider.

Second Mccoy is ****. He is the reason our offense had all the three and outs. Whats the excuse for the last three games tebow started his rookie year? That was not complicated Mcdaniels offense? I believe so.

MCCOY SUCKS. He hurt tebow and the offense more than he helped it.
But you are Right, very much so that we should not have a ton of three and outs because Peyton will be calling the plays and not mccoy. And yes, the balls peyton throws should be easier to catch as they dont wobble.

But all this going back to the point was, tebow has shown flashes of Elite passes. You are kidding yourself if you honestly believe otherwise.
Eddie Royal was not wide open, that was a window throw, so was daniel fells splitting the DB, LB and S, now that I think about it was not the brandon lloyd butt slide a pretty tight window throw too? The raiders guy never touched the ball- to the best of my memory.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 03:02 PM

Not to thrilled about this honestly. Rather give matt willis the slot role. Hes a speedy lil guy who seemed to run good tight routes.

CEH
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Would Tebow ever get Pierre Gason $42 MM . That is what an elite QB can do plain and simple

McDman
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Well lets examine this first. Tebow is not my boy. Does my name look like agamemnon or broncowarrior? Negative ghost rider.

Second Mccoy is ****. He is the reason our offense had all the three and outs. Whats the excuse for the last three games tebow started his rookie year? That was not complicated Mcdaniels offense? I believe so.

MCCOY SUCKS. He hurt tebow and the offense more than he helped it.
But you are Right, very much so that we should not have a ton of three and outs because Peyton will be calling the plays and not mccoy. And yes, the balls peyton throws should be easier to catch as they dont wobble.

But all this going back to the point was, tebow has shown flashes of Elite passes. You are kidding yourself if you honestly believe otherwise.
Eddie Royal was not wide open, that was a window throw, so was daniel fells splitting the DB, LB and S, now that I think about it was not the brandon lloyd butt slide a pretty tight window throw too? The raiders guy never touched the ball- to the best of my memory.

You are insane if you saw anything close to elite out of Tebow's passing this year. Utterly insane.

Making a few good throws does not mean he shows flashes of an elite passer. I know I could find some great throws Brady Quinn has made and he is far from elite.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM
no one said he is elite, or will ever become elite. What was said is tebow has shown flashes of elite throws.

Not once was reading defenses, timing, accuracy, footwork brought up. All I remember was "flashed elite throws".

And one day he might.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
You are insane if you saw anything close to elite out of Tebow's passing this year. Utterly insane.

Making a few good throws does not mean he shows flashes of an elite passer. I know I could find some great throws Brady Quinn has made and he is far from elite.

Wow reading comprehension just took a nose dive in this thread. Yes, we are all high on manning, but lets take a breath, get some air in our blood and read.

What exactly qualifies as showing flashes of a few elite throws, if as you just said "a few good throws do not show flashes of being an elite passer"?

Once again, no one that I recall reading said he was an elite passer. I sure as hell didnt. I said he DID HAVE A FEW ELITE THROWS- which validates that other guys initial argument that tebow has "Shown flashes of elite throws"

edog24
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Boy I hope we are paying these guys (Saturday, Clark, Stokely) next to nothing to come back to play with their boy. They have little to no value on the open market, I really hope we aren't paying a premium.

broncswin
03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Coming from ESPN article:

It might be difficult to get a trade partner for Williams. The Panthers signed him to a huge contract last summer and that could scare off some suitors. But I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of the Panthers dealing Williams. Fox likes Williams a lot and could want a new toy for Peyton Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning) in Denver. Some other team might be willing to take a shot on Williams.

Saying maybe him or Stewart will be available in a trade scenario

Chris
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM

Stokley? Love the guy but what does he run like a 7 second 40 now?

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Boy I hope we are paying these guys (Saturday, Clark, Stokely) next to nothing to come back to play with their boy. They have little to no value on the open market, I really hope we aren't paying a premium.

Xactly :yayaya:

Punisher
03-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Elway's not dicking around hes pretty serious about this winning thing

broncolife
03-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Thomas,Decker,Stokley,Clark. Talk about injury concerns

McDman
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow reading comprehension just took a nose dive in this thread. Yes, we are all high on manning, but lets take a breath, get some air in our blood and read.

What exactly qualifies as showing flashes of a few elite throws, if as you just said "a few good throws do not show flashes of being an elite passer"?

Once again, no one that I recall reading said he was an elite passer. I sure as hell didnt. I said he DID HAVE A FEW ELITE THROWS- which validates that other guys initial argument that tebow has "Shown flashes of elite throws"

Literally every QB in this league "has shown flashes of elite passes", that's why they're in the NFL. I'd be willing to guess Tebow has shown more examples of mind baffling terrible throws than any other QB in the league as well.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Literally every QB in this league "has shown flashes of elite passes", that's why they're in the NFL. I'd be willing to guess Tebow has shown more examples of mind baffling terrible throws than any other QB in the league as well.

probably. but i could play that game too..

I bet I could show more examples of tebow running for yards and first downs and tds than most Qbs in the nfl....

Whats the point?
Are you trying to turn this into one of those tebow sucks threads I knew it all along vs tebow does not suck you suck I knew that all along, or is there something else I am missing? If so, then I/we all have been down that road for the past 6 months. I think we are all about done with those ones. Amiright?

Lestat
03-19-2012, 03:38 PM
hmm, i kinda would like to see Williams here and team him up with McGahee but at the same time i want to see a RB draft in the top 3 rounds.

ColoradoBuff
03-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Uggg I didn't think Stokely had anything left and that was 2 years ago.

I agree....not interested in Stokely. Yes to Saturday and Clark though!

Chris
03-19-2012, 03:43 PM
What about Jericho Cotchery

colorado jones
03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
I was a Bronco fan through every Bronco Super Bowl, good and bad, outside of '77 (I wasn't born yet), you presumptuous dip****.

And just so you know, message boards exist primarily so people can discuss and complain about a given topic. You know that right?

Cool... Let me know when you finally discuss something. You are contrarian to annoyance. You remind me of Mark Kizla, only more miserable.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 04:20 PM

Because Tebow can't play in the kind of WCO that the Broncos will install with Manning. You'd have to run two offenses. That would be crazy. I think that was also part of this decision; Fox & Co. obviously just don't believe the option offense will take you far enough in the NFL.

I disagree. I don't think he's shown anything like that. I charted two of the games last year, every play. He can't do a three step drop. He can't use all the underneath quick stuff on a route tree. He never has used that stuff and I don't see it happening. Plus, he has a knack for depending way too much on the run. It's in his blood. If the first receiver is covered, he takes off.

From the announcements we've already heard today, it sounds to me like Elway has convinced Manning the value of going with a run heavy offense, complimented with the passing game. I'm sure he has convinced Peyton, from his own experience, that more running leads to more longevity for PM. Fox loves the running game. They spent hours together. I'm sure they discussed it. I don't think we're going to be running the same 90% passing offense that Dungy ran.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Geeeezus, take your pathetic non-Bronco fan arse to FL. or wherever Tebow ends up.

The NFL is ........ win now, not rebuilding for 5-10 years.

pricejj
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Geeeezus, take your pathetic non-Bronco fan arse to FL. or wherever Tebow ends up.

This. If we can get a 2nd, or a high 3rd for Tebow, I would do it. We need freaking WEAPONS.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM

Yeah, ive had a few friends say "great, he's old, he might be good for three years, but then what?" I have no answer for that...wtf are you talking about?

El Minion
03-19-2012, 04:43 PM

From Browncos! Browncos! to Broncolts!?