PDA

View Full Version : Tebow watch: post-Manning

mwill07
03-19-2012, 10:13 AM
In the wake of the Peyton Manning signing, post any Tebow-related rumors here.

Let's keep track of Tebow watch separately from the 100+ page Manning threads.

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I love TT the football player and the man, he's a true shining light in a very dark world. I hope he goes to a team that believes in him and puts him in as the starting day #1 QB. Best wishes to Tim Tebow, thanks for the great memories!

srphoenix
03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
I honestly feel bad for the guy a bit, but I think it's the right move. We landed a HOF qb with several more good years in him and the offense is going to be vastly different than what Tebow can run. I hope he goes to a team I don't despise so I can still root for him as long as it's still in the Broncos interests. My guess is Jacksonville, would love to see us land a 1st rounder for him.

ClamChowdah
03-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Seriously Tebow is a ncie guy but this is PROFESSIONAL football, you have Peyton Manning who cares about Tebow?

Ranger 21
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Seriously Tebow is a ncie guy but this is PROFESSIONAL football, you have Peyton Manning who cares about Tebow?

He is your next back-up so careful what you wish for. McDummy wants him cause he drafted him.

lostknight
03-19-2012, 10:20 AM
I would rather they keep Tebow around to groom as a successor. If Peyton doesn't bounce back, we are totally screwed. Plus he revitalized the team. Otherwise, do you think there is a chance in hell that Peyton would have come here?

lolcopter
03-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Best of luck to Tim in whatever FL team he goes to

mwill07
03-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I would rather they keep Tebow around to groom as a successor. If Peyton doesn't bounce back, we are totally screwed. Plus he revitalized the team. Otherwise, do you think there is a chance in hell that Peyton would have come here?

I am STRONGLY opposed to moving Tebow.

orinjkrush
03-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Tebow to Miami?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/tebow-to-dolphins-next/

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:23 AM

You sound like a lot of Broncos 'fans' I know.

BroncoInferno
03-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I think he ends up back with McDaniels in New England. It's the perfect situation for him. He can sit behind Brady and no one but the most delusional fan would be calling for him to start. Bellichek will find creative ways to use him and McD can properly develop him as a QB, maybe he can take over for Brady down the line. I wish we could keep him and follow that plan here, but it doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 10:26 AM

Careful, New England is one of the three teams inquiring about Tebow.

WolfpackGuy
03-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Keep him on the team just for the lulz.

Or at least until the trade deadline when somebody gets desperate.

ayjackson
03-19-2012, 10:28 AM
He is your next back-up so careful what you wish for. McDummy wants him cause he drafted him.

He'd be 4th behind Brady, Mallett and Hoyer on their QB depth chart.

bronco militia
03-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Schefter on espn says just now the broncos have a free agent plan in place now that manning is in the fold. First step: sign vet colt center Jeff Saturday. Elway told Manning the team will get Saturday. And Schefter says the Broncos will trade Tebow.

mwill07
03-19-2012, 10:30 AM
He'd be 4th behind Brady, Mallett and Hoyer on their QB depth chart.

I guess that means no pressure to play now, and he can refine his skills? Or, does that mean Tebow turns into an H-back?

mwill07
03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Schefter on espn says just now the broncos have a free agent plan in place now that manning is in the fold. First step: sign vet colt center Jeff Saturday. Elway told Manning the team will get Saturday.
Approve.

And Schefter says the Broncos will trade Tebow.
Do not approve.

baja
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
why is it a fore gone conclusion that Tebow will be traded. Manning is 36 and coming off a serious injury. I would hope Denver will Keep Tim and Manning can show him the nuances of playing QB. What better guy for TT to learn from.

I think it would be crazy to trade him. What better back up you gonna find at his price.

barryr
03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
why is it a fore gone conclusion that Tebow will be traded. Manning is 36 and coming off a serious injury. I would hope Denver will Keep Tim and Manning can show him the nuances of playing QB. What better guy for TT to learn from.

I think it would be crazy to trade him. What better back up you gonna find at his price.

Tebow is gone and it will be better for him and the Broncos.

lolcopter
03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
You sound like a lot of Broncos 'fans' I know.

Bro, I liked tebow a lot but you need to get the **** over it. This is the Denver Broncos... Bigger than jay, bigger than Tim

Marshall Dumervil
03-19-2012, 10:42 AM

How can Tebow back up Manning? The styles of offense are far too different. If Peyton went down there's no way you can just put Tebow in without running a completely different offense.

Kaylore
03-19-2012, 10:43 AM
I will root for Tim wherever he goes. He gave us one of the most excited playoff wins in Broncos history. I look forward to him going to a team that will want him and be invested in him. I am not even a little sad all those Florida fans will no longer be here. God Bless.

Drek
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm betting Tebow goes to Jacksonville for Gabbert and a 3rd.

Heyneck
He is gone. I hope I am wrong... but I am positive he is gone. But if we just out right release him... I will lose a lot of respect for our FO.

mwill07
How can Tebow back up Manning? The styles of offense are far too different. If Peyton went down there's no way you can just put Tebow in without running a completely different offense.

what's wrong with that?

As long as Tebow is on your team, you will force the oppositon to game plan at least a little bit for him.

Further, if Manning went down, there aren't very many QB's that could run his offense.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Bitter pills being swallowed all over today.

Knuckle Dragger
Tebow was always a class act for us. I hope he gets pissed off and lights the league on fire next year wherever he goes. I'll still root for him as long as he doesn't play within the division.

BroncoBeavis
Bro, I liked tebow a lot but you need to get the **** over it. This is the Denver Broncos... Bigger than jay, bigger than Tim

The team that was going to 'build long term' sold its soul for a 2-year window.

Paying more for a 36-year old with neck problems than any other QB earns in the league. This makes the Broncos damaged goods long term.

If the best we get out of it is the 2010 Colts, with a crash landing worse than they had... no positive way to spin it.

barryr
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM

There is a possibility in that since if the Jags were to trade for Tebow, no way Gabbert gets a fair shot at that job since the fans would be wanting Tebow to play, so Gabbert would be on the market. Whether the Broncos would like him, who knows.

srphoenix

I'd be fine with that, Gabbert's got some potential, plus he's someone who could learn from mannings play style more effectively than Tebow. A third would be great as well. Additionally I don't have any problems with the Jags except for that 95 playoff loss.... grrrrrrr

bendog
I'm not gonna lie and say I'm optimistic that tebow will ever learn to pass well enough to win a Lombardi, but he's a nice kid, and I sincerely hope I am wrong.

oubronco
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Lookout there "WILL" be billboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bendog
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM

Paying more for a 36-year old with neck problems than any other QB earns in the league. This makes the Broncos damaged goods long term.

If the best we get out of it is the 2010 Colts, with a crash landing worse than they had... no positive way to spin it.

Excellent double entendre use of "soul."

bendog
03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Lookout there "WILL" be billboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://brycevankooten.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/therewillbeblood_07.jpg

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 10:49 AM

I'm pretty sure this signing would not happen if the Broncos were not sure about Manning's neck. I know you wanted TT to be the Broncos QB and for good reason, he's a great role model. That being said, theres still no reason you can't root for TT on another team. I just hope he goes to a team that believes in him and builds the team around him. Jacksonville seems like the best place he can go.

Dedhed
03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Gabbert SUCKS. Don't want any part of that Candy striper. Get AluAlu or someone like that and draft Osweiller.

Heyneck
03-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I'd be fine with that, Gabbert's got some potential, plus he's someone who could learn from mannings play style more effectively than Tebow. A third would be great as well. Additionally I don't have any problems with the Jags except for that 95 playoff loss.... grrrrrrr

Pleaso stop with the learning behind Manning scenario. It never has happened it never will. Can you name me one decent backup QB the colts had while Peyton was there? Yeah... they sure did show how much they learned from him when he went down.

mwill07
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Pleaso stop with the learning behind Manning scenario. It never has happened it never will. Can you name me one decent backup QB the colts had while Peyton was there? Yeah... they sure did show how much they learned from him when he went down.

Can you name one QB drafted in the 5th round or better that played behind Manning? I can't.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty sure this signing would not happen if the Broncos were not sure about Manning's neck. I know you wanted TT to be the Broncos QB and for good reason, he's a great role model. That being said, theres still no reason you can't root for TT on another team. I just hope he goes to a team that believes in him and builds the team around him. Jacksonville seems like the best place he can go.

Yeah. It just makes me a little uneasy having to tell my son tonight. We may both end up a wreck :)

Marshall Dumervil
03-19-2012, 10:56 AM
what's wrong with that?

As long as Tebow is on your team, you will force the oppositon to game plan at least a little bit for him.

Further, if Manning went down, there aren't very many QB's that could run his offense.

I would like to see Tebow stay, I just don't think it can happen. We saw last year how far Fox had modified the offense for Tebow, I just think it's too much differences between the two.

Heyneck
03-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Can you name one QB drafted in the 5th round or better that played behind Manning? I can't.

Sure not... but he did have a full season to "teach" the scrubs that were behind him last year. Yeah...great teacher.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-19-2012, 10:57 AM
I'd like to see Tim stay in a Jack of all trades role while he learns to QB. He can be a very useful piece.

uplink
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM
How about: Tebow for Mallet( Pats QB) straight up

ayjackson
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM

Would be great, but I think the Pats have a much higher price tag on Mallett than that.

razorwire77
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
This is bitter-sweet. Tim is a great kid, a great human being and has the heart of a ****ing lion. But the reality is the front office did not have confidence in him to sustain long-term success at the quarterback position in the NFL. I wish him the best of luck where he winds up.

teknic
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Tebow is going to the Pats or Jags. I don't see any other teams offering as much as they would.

Dedhed
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Gabbert SUCKS. Don't want any part of that Candy striper. Get AluAlu or someone like that and draft Osweiller.

peacepipe
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
TT is not staying,if peyton starts the season even a little bit rusty,EFX is not going to want the circus that happened to orton to happen to PM. the gap between the offense PM runs & what TT runs is huge.

dbfan21
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
God Bless, Tim. You made Broncos football fun to watch...something that has been lacking since the late 90's. I will root for you wherever you go...unless it's in the AFCW. You are a role-model for people everywhere, a good representative of the Christian faith and you embody what it means to never, EVER give up.

From the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!

:tebow:

boppool
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
I hope SF signs Smith which will allow Miami to reach for Tebow, coupled with Jacksonvilles new owner's man crush on Tebow. 2nd round wouldn't be totally out of question.

Let the bidding war begin!

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM

We'd probably have a better shot at Welker than Mallet at this point.

Traveler
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
If TT is traded, which of the teams rumored to be interested in TT has a young veteran player that would fill one of the major holes on our team? Unless the possible trade is to a team selecting high in the draft, I'd much rather trade for a player than picks.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Let the games begin...

http://boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/03/could_tim_tebow.html?p1=News_links

TonyR
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
1:34 pm Shalise Manza Young: early returns on Tebow-to-NE is overwhelming no, with quite a few "hell no" responses in the mix

https://twitter.com/#!/shalisemyoung/status/181793821410074624

(I have no idea who this is but itsalloverfatman reported it...)

kappys
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
How bout tebow for MJD straight up?

Or Tebow for Kampman and Mathis?

BroncoMan4ever
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
I am STRONGLY opposed to moving Tebow.

doesn't matter. it needs to be done. can you imagine the circus that would happen if both Manning and Tebow were on the roster in camp? you would have to deal with the really annoying Tebow knob slobbers who decry the organization for bringing in a HOF QB over the golden child. then you'd have to deal with media reports making **** up, about rifts in the locker room between Tebow guys and Maning guys, or how the 2 absolutely hate eachother. it would be a travesty waiting to happen.

Traveler
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Broncos not expecting much in Tim Tebow trade
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT

But no matter which of those teams are interested in Tebow, they won’t be interested in giving up a bounty of draft picks for him. Former NFL general manager Charley Casserly told USA Today, “I’d be surprised if he went for much better than a fifth rounder.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-not-expecting-much-in-tim-tebow-trade/

They must really want to get rid of Tebow if the is correct.

extralife
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
well, I wish we'd keep Tebow, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Miss I.
03-19-2012, 11:51 AM
They must really want to get rid of Tebow if the is correct.

this is the exact opposite of what I saw on ESPN. They said the Broncos would sit on Tim and use him in 3rd down gadgets if they couldn't get a reasonable trade for him. I suspect we can get something decent out of Jacksonville or Miami.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
doesn't matter. it needs to be done. can you imagine the circus that would happen if both Manning and Tebow were on the roster in camp? you would have to deal with the really annoying Tebow knob slobbers who decry the organization for bringing in a HOF QB over the golden child. then you'd have to deal with media reports making **** up, about rifts in the locker room between Tebow guys and Maning guys, or how the 2 absolutely hate eachother. it would be a travesty waiting to happen.

Translation: When the **** hits the fan and the whole "All Peyton does is win Trofeez" ruse is exposed, they'd prefer no Tebow-related plan B. They want Tebow gone first and foremost. Having PM for a couple years in the process is just gravy.

MortonToMoses
03-19-2012, 11:53 AM
I would love to see him stay. He may not be the most polished QB at the moment, but he's still a damn good football player and a red zone nightmare for opposing defenses. I will miss the kid if he goes.

RADRHATR
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
I love TT the football player and the man, he's a true shining light in a very dark world. I hope he goes to a team that believes in him and puts him in as the starting day #1 QB. Best wishes to Tim Tebow, thanks for the great memories!

Ditto!

razorwire77
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
this is the exact opposite of what I saw on ESPN. They said the Broncos would sit on Tim and use him in 3rd down gadgets if they couldn't get a reasonable trade for him. I suspect we can get something decent out of Jacksonville or Miami.

Despite what they say, that's never going to happen. Denver has no leverage in this situation and they know it. If Tim Tebow was Jim Wobet and wasn't a cultural icon with millions of fans, I could see it. But he does. Seems to me like Denver is gearing up for a pretty serious Superbowl run with a limited window, and Tebow mania would simply create too much of a circus to be compatible with those plans.

My guess is Tebow to the Jags for a conditional 4th rounder that turns into a 3rd rounder if he hits certain snap benchmarks.

mwill07

do you really think Tebow v. Manning would divide the locker room? Do you think anyone would pay any attention to slobbering Tebowites?

Anyone who says that Tebow should play ahead of Manning would automatically be self-identified as an idiot and therefore should be ignored.

I just don't see how a QB controversy could develop.

SJ Bronco
I'm so happy I may start Break Dancing! Of course this is all an excuse to get rid of Tebow. Masterfully done! Even if Peyton never plays a down, we got our moneys worth once Tim is off the roster.

Miss I.
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Despite what they say, that's never going to happen. Denver has no leverage in this situation and they know it. If Tim Tebow was Jim Wobet and wasn't a cultural icon with millions of fans, I could see it. But he does. Seems to me like Denver is gearing up for a pretty serious Superbowl run with a limited window, and Tebow mania would simply create too much of a circus to be compatible with those plans.

My guess is Tebow to the Jags for a conditional 4th rounder that turns into a 3rd rounder if he hits certain snap benchmarks.

your probably right, but I will admit I will miss him. Peyton is obviously a better option, but I believe he can improve and I wish him well wherever he goes.

ClamChowdah
Would be great, but I think the Pats have a much higher price tag on Mallett than that.

Our draft board had Mallet ranked as the best QB in the draft, ahead of Cam.

Beantown Bronco
Despite what they say, that's never going to happen. Denver has no leverage in this situation and they know it.

They've got him under contract for the next two years at near league-minimum amounts. There are two teams in Florida that are essentially without a QB and have major attendance issues. One of which has a new owner that has literally been quoted as saying he would've used a first round pick on Tebow.

Denver has plenty of leverage.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Our draft board had Mallet ranked as the best QB in the draft, ahead of Cam.

If that were true, they'd be the only team in the league that could say that. And when you consider just how crappy the Pats have drafted over the last 5+ seasons, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

ScottXray
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
He is gone. I hope I am wrong... but I am positive he is gone. But if we just out right release him... I will lose a lot of respect for our FO.

Supposedly there a three teams interested. As long as he goes to some team that has honest intentions to develope him it is probably best for him to be traded. On the other hand this should not be a fire sale, get whatever you can, marked down, all sales are final, no refunds type of deal. We should get at least a 3rd or 4th , with conditional on his TD production up to a 2nd. You can't measure him on playing time or whether he will be the starter. It has to be rated on his impact.

My bet is that NE is heavily interested, but will try to low ball us.

ClamChowdah
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
If that were true, they'd be the only team in the league that could say that. And when you consider just how crappy the Pats have drafted over the last 5+ seasons, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Yeah, this draft is horrible LOL

1st Round (27th Overall) Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
2nd Round (42nd Overall) Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
2nd Round (53rd Overall) Jermaine Cunningham, OLB, Florida
2nd Round (62nd Overall) Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
3rd Round (90th Overall) Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
4th Round (113th Overall) Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
5th Round (150th Overall) Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan
6th Round (205th Overall) Ted Larsen, C, NC State
7th Round (208th Overall) Thomas Welch, OT, Vanderbilt
7th Round (247th Overall) Brandon Deaderick, DL, Alabama
7th Round (248th Overall) Kade Weston, DL, Georgia
7th Round (250th OVerall) Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State

McCourty, Gronk, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko and Deaderick were all key contributers to our team last year, 6 players from 1 draft.

BroncoInferno
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Given that there is more or less a mandate to move Tebow now, it wouldn't shock me if they don't get any offers and have to outright release him.

baja
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Translation: When the **** hits the fan and the whole "All Peyton does is win Trofeez" ruse is exposed, they'd prefer no Tebow-related plan B. They want Tebow gone first and foremost. Having PM for a couple years in the process is just gravy.

I too think the Broncos will live to regret trading Tebow should they be dumb enough to do it. It would be crazy to trade him until we see how the manning signing is going to work out. It costs nothing to keep him.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, this draft is horrible LOL

Collectively. Though you probably don't understand what that word means.

It's telling that you only reference one draft.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Given that there is more or less a mandate to move Tebow now, it wouldn't shock me if they don't get any offers and have to outright release him.

He'd be subject to waivers I believe. Too big a risk for a team with a bad waiver number that wouldn't be able to sniff him in FA, but could guarantee getting him via a trade.