PDA

View Full Version : John Elway's greatest come from behind victory ever?

Taco John
03-19-2012, 09:10 AM
This was an amazing job by Elway and co. Whatever you want to say, this is true: the line between hero and goat is very slim in the NFL. John Elway is a hero today.

barryr
03-19-2012, 09:11 AM
According to reports though, the Broncos always thought they were in the lead. But semantics, great the Broncos can move on now and build the team.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 09:13 AM
According to reports though, the Broncos always thought they were in the lead. But semantics, great the Broncos can move on now and build the team.

Come on - give up the love for Elway. If you were moaning about this situation, the least you can do is send up some props to the executive who just helicopter dived for Peyton Manning.

Drek
03-19-2012, 09:15 AM
This was an amazing job by Elway and co. Whatever you want to say, this is true: the line between hero and goat is very slim in the NFL. John Elway is a hero today.

1. Denver was Manning's first visit and it took a full court "I'll give you my empire" plea from Tennessee to drag this out as long as it has.

2. Lets see Manning actually PLAY a game for us. If this turns into a 10-12 win team that does nothing in the playoffs its not nearly as big a deal.

Turd_Ferguson
03-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Come on - give up the love for Elway. If you were moaning about this situation, the least you can do is send up some props to the executive who just helicopter dived for Peyton Manning.

Don't worry man, I'm sure Elway preciates it! Peyton Manning quarterback of the Denver Broncos... Music to the ears.

WolfpackGuy
03-19-2012, 09:16 AM
It was more like a come from ahead situation like we got used to seeing under Shanahan.

LOL

barryr

The only moaning I was making was how long it was taking and the lack of serious moves being made while waiting. The last thing this organization needs is to keep playing a guy at QB they don't believe in because they couldn't find someone else. And I am hopeful this ends talk of drafting Weeden high in the draft.

The Joker
Elway is a god.

That's all there is to it.

srphoenix
03-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Nice work Duke, I'll drink a cold one in your honor tonight!

Archer81
03-19-2012, 09:19 AM
How about some defensive starters. I mean the Adams and Mays signings are totally like badass and stuff, but it would be nice to actually sign players at actual positions of need.

:Broncos:

BroncoLifer
03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
John MF Elway is the MAN. Always has been.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 09:23 AM
How about some defensive starters. I mean the Adams and Mays signings are totally like badass and stuff, but it would be nice to actually sign players at actual positions of need.

Our defense just got better by proxy. How much better is Von Miller going to be with the ability to play with a lead behind his back? We're going to be able to be a LOT more aggressive on D.

Yes, we definitely need more talent and depth, but this signing goes a long ways at just the fundamental base level because we now have the ability to consistently open games with a lead.

DenverBrit
03-19-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm off to Elway's for lunch. ;D

DBroncos4life
03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Long live Elway!

errand
03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
In before the back pedalling clowns.....

Archer81
03-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Our defense just got better by proxy. How much better is Von Miller going to be with the ability to play with a lead behind his back? We're going to be able to be a LOT more aggressive on D.

Yes, we definitely need more talent and depth, but this signing goes a long ways at just the fundamental base level because we now have the ability to consistently open games with a lead.

Aggression was not the issue on defense. The issues were horrid tackling, horrid angles and the inability to consistently stop the run or pass. We sign Manning. Wonderful. Fix the defense.

errand
03-19-2012, 09:29 AM
The only moaning I was making was how long it was taking and the lack of serious moves being made while waiting. The last thing this organization needs is to keep playing a guy at QB they don't believe in because they couldn't find someone else. And I am hopeful this ends talk of drafting Weeden high in the draft.

Sure....whatever you say dude...LOL

TD4HOF
03-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Well I ranted about this situation yesterday but g'damn Elway got stones, cannot deny. Welcome to Denver, Peyton.

I have to admit, now that it's actually happened, I will not miss the Tebow circus at all. As much as I enjoyed watching him play for us, it's back to normalcy.

barryr
03-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Sure....whatever you say dude...LOL

Oh go cry about someone posting mean things about pictures or whatever you usually do.

illbroncsfn
Elway has always been my hero- definitely deserves the hero tag today!

pricejj
Mother****ing John Elway

bendog
03-19-2012, 09:34 AM
I realize I'm in a minority, but I don't think Elway would really have been a goat (he is the goat imo though Manning has a claim) if Manning had gone elsewhere. Fox would have saddled up Tim and seen how far he could go.

But, FOR YOU ASSHOLES WHO BITCHED ABOUT ELWAY , I hope the door hits your collective gay asses.

chickennob2
03-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Nice work Duke, I'll drink a cold one in your honor tonight!

This one's *cracks a beer* for John!

DBroncos4life
03-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Aggression was not the issue on defense. The issues were horrid tackling, horrid angles and the inability to consistently stop the run or pass. We sign Manning. Wonderful. Fix the defense.

Well there still the draft...

Chris
03-19-2012, 09:42 AM
It's funny I have to try and remember what it's like to watch a QB pass at this level. I still want us to keep Tebow though

ColoradoDarin
03-19-2012, 09:44 AM
It's funny I have to try and remember what it's like to watch a QB pass at this level. I still want us to keep Tebow though

Hey, we all got to see it during garbage time when Orton was padding his stats and losing!

Kid A
03-19-2012, 09:44 AM
The fact we were in this race to begin with seems to be large part Elway. Year 1 made some moves and brought in a coach that got a 4-12 team to the divisional round of the playoffs. Year 2 lands the biggest FA in maybe forever. No telling how this gamble pays off, but you have to feel good about his success rate so far.

BowlenBall
03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I thought that Fox was the one who pushed for the Manning trade...?

barryr
03-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I thought that Fox was the one who pushed for the Manning trade...?

True, but it sounds better if Elway gets the credit ;)

jerseyguy4
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
It was 2003. Monday night game against Tampa Bay. Down 21 points with under 4 minutes to play. 38-35 win in overtime.

Oh, that was Peyton, not Elway. :) Was the greatest comeback I ever saw though. Everyone else went to bed and I was alone with a few drinks. But they all woke up when I shouted the roof off

Archer81
03-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Well there still the draft...

True. I'm all tingly to see what the great and powerful Elway does next. Maybe we can finally get a handle on who has the punting job locked up.

jerseyguy4
03-19-2012, 09:55 AM

100% agreed.
Last year the Colts go 2-14, and it was often said "Peyton couldn't have helped that team. They're awful". But they weren't much different the year before.

Punt a lot, go 3 and out a lot, and the defense comes back onto the field still breathing heavy. If you get an extra 3 to 5 minutes per game in possession time this year, everyone on D is going to look better

strafen
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Hail to the Duke!!!
My hero comes thru.
The best QB to ever play the game, does it again!!! :strong:

razorwire77
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
"We got 'em right where we want 'em!

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
I would love to read/hear Montrose say that Peyton Manning throws and runs the huddle just like Peyton Manning... just for old times sake.

LOL I love ya Montrose!

Heyneck
03-19-2012, 10:14 AM

IF it all works out according to plan.

What happens if we don't even make the playoffs? We do have a brutal schedule, a HoF QB that hasn't played in more than a year... and the injury risk.

If we win the SB?!! Hell yeah!!! John for President. But if 3-4 years down the road we have nothing to show for, a bunch of vets that took playing time away from developing players (because we are about to go on a vet shopping spree), and Tebow is kicking ass somewhere else (no one knows for sure), then Elway could go from Hero to villain.

bendog
03-19-2012, 10:18 AM
IF it all works out according to plan.

What happens if we don't even make the playoffs? We do have a brutal schedule, a HoF QB that hasn't played in more than a year... and the injury risk.

If we win the SB?!! Hell yeah!!! John for President. But if 3-4 years down the road we have nothing to show for, a bunch of vets that took playing time away from developing players (because we are about to go on a vet shopping spree), and Tebow is kicking ass somewhere else (no one knows for sure), then Elway could go from Hero to villain.

When EFX start trading picks for guys on their last leges, you may have a point. But it hasn't happended, and I'll be really surprised if it does. The fact is that McIdiot left so many holes in the roster, they need both FA and draft picks.

Heyneck
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
When EFX start trading picks for guys on their last leges, you may have a point. But it hasn't happended, and I'll be really surprised if it does. The fact is that McIdiot left so many holes in the roster, they need both FA and draft picks.

True true...

UberBroncoMan
03-19-2012, 10:32 AM

This was all him. He's the one Manning personally called to announce his decision.

Stagger Lee
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM

An offense that actually scores does wonders for a defense. Playing from ahead is pretty helpful as well. VonDoom can pin their ears back and just come after opposing qbs.

AboveAverage
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Taco, your faith in Elway to get this done never waivered. Did you have a few birdies in your ear? Either way, internet high five!

Archer81
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
An offense that actually scores does wonders for a defense. Playing from ahead is pretty helpful as well. VonDoom can pin their ears back and just come after opposing qbs.

A defense with actual players does wonders for a defense. Crazy idea, signing people to play DT, MLB, OLB, S and CB. Lucky for us though Manning can use his jedi mind powers to improve the defense.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I had to go take care of a few things. Any news?

Taco John
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
A defense with actual players does wonders for a defense. Crazy idea, signing people to play DT, MLB, OLB, S and CB. Lucky for us though Manning can use his jedi mind powers to improve the defense.

What's the point of being a downer on the day of our greatest free agent win in Broncos history?

Stagger Lee
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM

I'm not saying that there aren't needs on D, but if you don't think a Peyton Manning led offense can hide some of those deficiencies, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

TDmvp

He'll be all this is not the end zone you are looking for to the teams we pay I bet
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GOUnCdCJU8M/Tpz7SvJVjVI/AAAAAAAAB2A/iyRx0EfvPgE/s1600/01+obewan.jpg

extralife

I can make a thread for you to cry in if you'd like.

Stagger Lee
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
What's the point of being a downer on the day of our greatest free agent win in Broncos history?

And this too.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
I can make a thread for you to cry in if you'd like.

I'm sorry, is reality too much for you?

TDmvp
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry, is reality too much for you?

It and logic are deemed evil and forbidden.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM

Realist, not a downer.

Manning improves alot of areas. He is not a cure all.

errand
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh go cry about someone posting mean things about pictures or whatever you usually do.

Home Depot has duct tape on sale....in case you want to keep your empty head from exploding....LOL

what makes this really funny is you trashed Manning and the FO....and they not only corn holed your ass, but broke it off in it as well...LOL

extralife
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Realist, not a downer.

there is absolutely nothing the broncos could have done to improve their team this offseason more than what they just did. they could have signed mario williams, brandon carr, vincent jackson, and cortland finnegan--they wouldn't be as good as they are right now.

55CrushEm
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
A defense with actual players does wonders for a defense.

Yeah. This. Baltimore never has had stellar offenses.....but somehow they continue to have stellar defenses.

UPGRADE DEFENSE NOW!

ScottXray
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Have to agree....Peyton makes the team better and this is an all in move. If it works its genius...and if it doesn't then its probably his job.

Takes guts and he has them.

Broncos are now a "Playa" again.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2ikcs5e.jpg

Archer81
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
there is absolutely nothing the broncos could have done to improve their team this offseason more than what they just did. they could have signed mario williams, brandon carr, vincent jackson, and cortland finnegan--they wouldn't be as good as they are right now.

Wait...you mean signing guys who actually play on defense could not have improved the defense? Signing Manning suddenly fixes our lack of solid DT's? Makes Joe Mays cover at MLB? Turns Carter and Moore into the next Atwater and Smith? Makes Goodman Deion?

Are you high?

extralife
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
maybe you missed the part where I said "their team," because there are actually two sides of the ball and they work together to win games. weird I know. I realize you only like the team to improve if they do it the way you want, but we just signed the best player to ever hit the open market in the history of the NFL. keep trying to spin it like the team isn't better.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Realist, not a downer.

The reality is, we just improved both sides of the ball, even if by proxy.

Do you not understand that Peyton Manning agreed to sign here because he believes in John Elway's vision to start winning superbowls NOW? John Elway sold Peyton Manning on a plan and all this naysaying before the plan unfolds - with the first piece of the plan actually in place - is not "realism."

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Do you not understand that Peyton Manning agreed to sign here because he believes in John Elway's vision to start winning superbowls NOW? John Elway sold Peyton Manning on a plan and all this naysaying before the plan unfolds - with the first piece of the plan actually in place - is not "realism."

Yep. The man is not done playing his hand. Sit back and enjoy, Bronco fans. ;D

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Lets see Manning actually PLAY a game for us. If this turns into a 10-12 win team that does nothing in the playoffs its not nearly as big a deal.

Why do so many people expect more than this? I just don't get it. It's Manning's m.o. for ****'s sake...

55CrushEm
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Why do so many people expect more than this? I just don't get it. It's Manning m.o. for ****'s sake...

They can't explain it.......they too busy making glazed belly doughnuts.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Oh no, it's realistic to think a guy, who only won one Super Bowl in 14 years with a team custom built for him by the way, is somehow going to lead us to the promise land in his twilight years. Totally realistic. ::)

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318024248/southpark/images/thumb/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif/200px-ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

DENVERDUI55
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
It's one of them.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
maybe you missed the part where I said "their team," because there are actually two sides of the ball and they work together to win games. weird I know. I realize you only like the team to improve if they do it the way you want, but we just signed the best player to ever hit the open market in the history of the NFL. keep trying to spin it like the team isn't better.

Spin is saying Manning = SB title. This team had a long way to go before Manning signed. It still has a long way to go after. We have holes, and no matter how much the offense improves, it does not change that reality.

I find it hard to be all fapped out over a 36 y/o guy with a fused neck. I'm intrigued by the possibilities he presents for Denver. That does not change the lack of talent we have in alot of areas.

Steve Sewell
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Oh no, it's realistic to think a guy, who only won one Super Bowl in 14 years with a team custom built for him by the way, is somehow going to lead us to the promise land in his twilight years. Totally realistic. ::)

Your tears are delicious.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM

And as we've learned PM beefs up any defense as well. It's why the Colts defense were top 10 the last time Peyton played. Or was it bottom-10? I can never remember.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Your tears are delicious.

Get back to me in three or four years when we are once again a ****ty team with a young QB half the fans want to get rid of...

Steve Sewell
03-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Get back to me in three or four years when we are once again a ****ty team with a young QB half the fans want to get rid of...

Ok. I'll look you up on the message board of Tebow's next team!

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.realizedsound.net/dac/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Its-a-Beautiful-Day-e1275445329171.jpg

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Ok. I'll look you up on the message board of Tebow's next team!

Classic. ::)

barryr
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Home Depot has duct tape on sale....in case you want to keep your empty head from exploding....LOL

what makes this really funny is you trashed Manning and the FO....and they not only corn holed your ass, but broke it off in it as well...LOL

I trashed him and the FO? If you want to single out posters, then at least know what you are talking about. In fact, I was one of the first that stated Tebow needed to be traded last week just because this franchise did not believe in him and if that is their belief, then they need to find a different QB. Yeah, that is trashing. Idiot. Cry over some pictures some more.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM

It's more realistic than believing that we'll win one with Tebow. I like Tebow, but I have a hrad time believing that his style of football translates into championships.

extralife
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
I like the argument that Peyton hasn't won enough super bowls. Man, he must suck. Guess how many rings Elway had at 36?

houghtam
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Yes, we definitely need more talent and depth, but this signing goes a long ways at just the fundamental base level because we now have the ability to consistently open games with a lead, as long as we win the coin toss.

FYP

Archer81
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
I like the argument that Peyton hasn't won enough super bowls. Man, he must suck. Guess how many rings Elway had at 36?

Yeah. It was totally lucky that Elway pulled those two titles out of thin air. Did it all by himself, too.

jhns
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Elway is the man.

Who wants to sell me their season tickets?

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Elway is the man.

I'm in pure Manning Profiteer mode. Paid $3,200. Yours for $6,000. :)

bendog
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah. It was totally lucky that Elway pulled those two titles out of thin air. Did it all by himself, too.

Sort of interesting in that I read that Elway emphasized the necessity of a balanced offense and not throwing 40 times, and Manning liked it.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Sort of interesting in that I read that Elway emphasized the necessity of a balanced offense and not throwing 40 times, and Manning liked it.

Wasn't he also the one selling Manning on Denver's already-vaunted rushing attack?

Either that was pure used-car salesmanship, or Elway has no clue what happened last year.

jhns
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm in pure Manning Profiteer mode. Paid $3,200. Yours for $6,000. :)

And you are sending me into kick you in the nuts mode.

I wasn't even thinking about that. I usually get tickets from Ticket Exchange or StubHub/online ticket places. I hope this didn't just drive up prices too much.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
And you are sending me into kick you in the nuts mode.

I wasn't even thinking about that. I usually get tickets from Ticket Exchange or StubHub/online ticket places. I hope this didn't just drive up prices too much.

Guaranteed it did. I can't afford many more KO-style years. I'm stockpiling cash for the Colts-style crash. (my new Motto :) )

It's the only way I'll be able to afford to hold my place when things get ugly.

R8R H8R
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
For those of you that think the Broncos are still a long way from being a SB contender, and you may or may not be right, Manning does not think that. No doubt he checked out the rosters and the FO of the 4 teams involved, and chose us for a reason.

And it wasn't because we would give him the most money. If all he wanted is money, he would have gotten 10-15 teams in a bidding war, and watched the fireworks.

Amongst others, he came to Denver for 3 main reasons: 1. Fox 2. Bowlen, and most of all, I believe 3. Elway.

One more thing, can we cut out the Bowlen is broke BS!? He is about to spend $95-100 million on one guy. Give it a rest.

Happy day, indeed.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
For those of you that think the Broncos are still a long way from being a SB contender, and you may or may not be right, Manning does not think that. No doubt he checked out the rosters and the FO of the 4 teams involved, and chose us for a reason.

And it wasn't because we would give him the most money. If all he wanted is money, he would have gotten 10 - 15 teams in a bidding war, and watched the fireworks.

Amongst others, he came to Denver for 3 main reasons: 1. Fox 2. Bowlen and most of all, I believe 3. Elway.

One more thing, can we cut out the Bowlen is broke BS!? He is about to spend $95-100 million on one guy. Give it a rest.

Happy day, indeed.

Sorry man. There's no prayer he thought we were as close as the 9'ers. Chances are we blew them away in $$$.

R8R H8R
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Sorry man. There's no prayer he thought we were as close as the 9'ers. Chances are we blew them away in $$$.

There was a report late in the week that said all three teams were somewhat in the ballpark. And if you say is true, then why not go to the Titans? The crazy owner was throwing in the kitchen sink.

The Niners do have more talent than we do today, but the off-season isn't over. One more thing, Fox apparently told Manning that he'll let him run the offense, did Harbaugh agree to that? Hard to believe.

TonyR
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Elway is the man.

LOL So jhns, that makes me "the man" too, right? By proxy? Since I shared the same doubts about Tebow? The ones you've been trashing me about for the last few months and calling me a hater? And Elway's a hater too, right?

jhns
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
LOL So jhns, that makes me "the man" too, right? By proxy? Since I shared the same doubts about Tebow? The ones you've been trashing me about for the last few months and calling me a hater? And Elway's a hater too, right?

Wtf are you talking about?

Too stupid for message boards.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
There was a report late in the week that said all three teams were somewhat in the ballpark. And if you say is true, then why not go to the Titans? The crazy owner was throwing in the kitchen sink.

The Niners do have more talent than we do today, but the off-season isn't over. One more thing, Fox apparently told Manning that he'll let him run the offense, did Harbaugh agree to that? Hard to believe.

No, the offseason isn't over. FA is here and the 9'ers have already made themselves more talented. Outside of PM, we're probably worse than last year.

Money had to be part of it. I don't think anyone knows what the 9'ers really offered. Might've been more about the Smith negotiations than anything.

TonyR
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Wtf are you talking about?

ROFL! Who do you think you're fooling? Seriously? What am I talking about? Do I need to start bumping threads and quoting posts? There's so much egg on your face if you put it in a frying pan with some butter and cheese you'd have an omlette! What a dope.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM

And it wasn't because we would give him the most money. If all he wanted is money, he would have gotten 10-15 teams in a bidding war, and watched the fireworks.

Amongst others, he came to Denver for 3 main reasons: 1. Fox 2. Bowlen, and most of all, I believe 3. Elway.

Happy day, indeed.

He got him because of money and the promise that he would completely control the offense. Don't be naive.

Steve Sewell
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM

You mean the 49'ers who had a 6-10 record the year before last and played in a weak division? Those 49'ers?

jhns
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
ROFL! Who do you think you're fooling? Seriously? What am I talking about? Do I need to start bumping threads and quoting posts? There's so much egg on your face if you put it in a frying pan with some butter and cheese you'd have an omlette! What a dope.

I call Elway the man for getting Manning to sign here.

You say that this also makes you the man... What exactly was your role in this process?

Too stupid for message boards.

I like how you call Elway a liar. Manning isn't a special situation, he was clearly just out to replace Tebow. This means you think he is a liar when saying Tebow was going to be the starter going into camp.

By the way, I have said he would get Manning or Luck if he could. He just proved me right, again...

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
No, the offseason isn't over. FA is here and the 9'ers have already made themselves more talented. Outside of PM, we're probably worse than last year.

Money had to be part of it. I don't think anyone knows what the 9'ers really offered. Might've been more about the Smith negotiations than anything.

I'm pretty sure it came down to Harbaugh not wanting to change his offense to Manning's offense. I mean his scheme is pretty damn good after all.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
You mean the 49'ers who had a 6-10 record the year before last and played in a weak division? Those 49'ers?

You mean the 49ers who clearly have more talent than us on both sides of the ball, and are coached by one of the best up-and-coming football minds out there? Those 49ers?

R8R H8R
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
He got him because of money and the promise that he would completely control the offense. Don't be naive.

If you don't think Elway was a big reason(but not the only) Manning is coming to the Broncos, then you are the naive one.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
If you don't think Elway was a big reason(but not the only) Manning is coming to the Broncos, then you are the naive one.

Might've helped. But come on. You know it was primarily because we promised to let him run the offense just like he did in Indy right? That and the money...

TonyR
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I like how you call Elway a liar.

I never said Elway is a liar. But by your standards he's clearly a hater since he obviously had the same doubts about Tebow that I do, and he acted upon them. Doubts I've been telling you that he clearly had, and doubts I told you that he'd action. Have you still not figured out what just went down? And that I've been right all along, and you've been wrong? I know this is tough for you, but the sooner you accept it the sooner you can move on.

And yes, jhns, you can call me "The Man" going forward...

Bronco_Beerslug
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Elway is doing what I hoped he do, what he did on the field, making the Broncos a winner.

Nothing against Tebow, you just don't pass up this kind of opportunity, ever!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM

Niners equaled the patriots in weakest schedule last year. Opposing win percentages were low. Niners had a great defense. They always did. Singletary just didn't know how to coach. They still had problems on offense. They pretty much led the league in 3 and outs. And had the worst red zone efficiency in the league. Hardly SB.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Not according to people who are involved in the NFL, try watching and listening to the people who report on the NFL and inform yourself.

It was because of his relationship with John Elway, the makeup of the Broncos and the Denver area.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Check the niners offensive stats this year. They were horrible. They won because of their defense. How many rushing TDs did they give up? There was a streak of games with none. And they failed to punch it in the end zone the entire year. Which is why their kicker had a career year.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Not according to people who are involved in the NFL, try watching and listening to the people who report on the NFL and inform yourself.

It was because of his relationship with John Elway, the makeup of the Broncos and the Denver area.

Huh? It's been repeatedly reported that Manning was promised full control of the offense by the Broncos. Maybe you should do more "watching and listening". ::)

bombay
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Elway brought the Broncos from a joke two years ago (mcdouch) to a circus last season (Tebow) to a very professional organization again. Kudos.

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Check the niners offensive stats this year. They were horrible. They won because of their defense. How many rushing TDs did they give up? There was a streak of games with none. And they failed to punch it in the end zone the entire year. Which is why their kicker had a career year.

Which is probably why the were interested in Manning. Bunch of ****ing geniuses on these boards, I swear...

Agamemnon
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Elway brought the Broncos from a joke two years ago (mcdouch) to a circus last season (Tebow) to a very professional organization again. Kudos.

Oh the humanity. Hilarious!

jhns
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I never said Elway is a liar. But by your standards he's clearly a hater since he obviously had the same doubts about Tebow that I do, and he acted upon them. Doubts I've been telling you that he clearly had, and doubts I told you that he'd action. Have you still not figured out what just went down? And that I've been right all along, and you've been wrong? I know this is tough for you, but the sooner you accept it the sooner you can move on.

And yes, jhns, you can call me "The Man" going forward...

You are far too stupid for message boards... Your stupidity is good for a laugh though.

You just called Elway a liar, again.

Move on from what? You acting like a two year old? You still aren't explaining what you did to convince Manning to sign here.

DenverBrit
03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Might've helped. But come on. You know it was primarily because we promised to let him run the offense just like he did in Indy right? That and the money...

I don't know why anyone needs to read the Mane.....just have one big, all knowing Aggy thread. :)

cutthemdown
Grab Demarious Thomas in fantasy football. That is all.

Stagger Lee
I don't know why anyone needs to read the Mane.....just have one big, all knowing Aggy thread. :)

No doubt

Bronco_Beerslug
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Huh? It's been repeatedly reported that Manning was promised full control of the offense by the Broncos. Maybe you should do more "watching and listening". ::)
Of course he was Forrest, he is Peyton Manning and John Elway signed him from teams that promised him much more.

It will be nice when we cut Tebow and you and the rest of his worshipers hit the road with him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Which is probably why the were interested in Manning. Bunch of ****ing geniuses on these boards, I swear...

I'm not the one saying the niners are this powerhouse team. They have a bunch of problems not named Alex smith too.

Granted they did fix one with manningham.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
You know what?

I had a snickers, and my mood improved. Who knew.

Steve Sewell
03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
You mean the 49ers who clearly have more talent than us on both sides of the ball, and are coached by one of the best up-and-coming football minds out there? Those 49ers?

The 49ers who were playing a 3rd place schedule in combination with a weak ass NFC West? Calm down...the NFL winds change on a yearly basis.

The one common denominator for teams with sustained NFL success is an elite QB, and the Broncos just got one for themselves.

Steve Sewell
03-19-2012, 02:46 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104283

TonyR
03-19-2012, 04:17 PM
John Elway has really big balls. HUGE balls. Balls the size of light bulbs. His balls are so big, you could harvest stem cells from them and plant them inside Peyton Manning's cervical vertebrae to facilitate the healing process.

Only Elway could have gotten away with this. If it had been some other figurehead running the Broncos, they wouldn't have had enough good will stored up to openly court Manning and prepare to trade away a player who, while lacking in many basic QB skills, is the NFL's most popular player and a huge audience draw.

http://deadspin.com/5894540/john-elway-has-brass-balls

Taco John
03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
You know what?

I had a snickers, and my mood improved. Who knew.

Your mood will get much better when you turn on the TV and the Broncos are always on it.

ColoradoDarin
03-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Your mood will get much better when you turn on the TV and the Broncos are always on it.

You forget last year already? Broncos were on every week and the networks were fighting over showing them.

barryr
03-19-2012, 04:24 PM

Only if winning in the process, especially making Denver a place people fear coming to play like they did at ole' Mile High.

Steve Sewell
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Only if winning in the process, especially making Denver a place people fear coming to play like they did at ole' Mile High.
Broncos will be a complete bitch to play against at mile high with manning.

BroncoBeavis
03-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Broncos will be a complete b**** to play against at mile high with manning.

Kinda true. You hit Manning, you win. Even at ol' Mile High.

Requiem
03-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Someone should hit you Beavis -- go to timeout!!!! BLASPHEMER!!!

Archer81
03-19-2012, 08:44 PM

I live in Colorado. The only way I do not see Broncos games is if I turn the tv off from August to February.