PDA

View Full Version : Youre newest Denver Bronco: Peyton Manning

Pages : 1 [2]

Drek
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
The Chicago game wasn't one of them -- and the other "come back efforts" can also be attributed to key plays and stops by the defense that put us in a chance to make a GW field goal.

No need to be sour grapes for the 10th straight off-season. Some of you guys must have bottles and bottles of anti-depressants.

Want to sell some?

That playoff win against the league's #1 defense sure involved a whole lot of Tebow being Tebow.

I'm just saying that your opinion is in line with the Merril Hodge school of thought where you needed moving goal posts to keep redefining what is "good enough" last season.

Can he start in the NFL? Yes.

Can he win in the NFL? Yes.

Can he make the playoffs? Another yes.

How about win in the playoffs? again, another yes.

Our defense wasn't anything special last year man. Tebow lifted them up just as often as they lifted him up. You can't say he's leagues away from being a legit QB after what he did last season without sounding like a jackass now.

Heyneck
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
You do realize that for the most part we were the only ones he did that to.

Yup...hopefully Peyton doesn't gives us more reasons to hate him...

Blueflame
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Manning's a quality FA pickup who will immediately make our team better. Kudos to the front office for getting him and welcome, Peyton.

Punisher
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I LOVE MY LIFE RIGHT NOW

Requiem
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I've been saying he was leagues away for a long time. I didn't like the pick when we got him, but I certainly liked him over Orton when our team went 1 and 4 and had no hope whatsoever.

I honestly didn't expect us to go after Manning, because I do feel that Tebow earned another year to progress.

My expectations on Tim have always remained the same, and he actually exceeded them (besides COMP %) last season.

I wish him the best elsewhere, but I just don't see him being a guy who can win it all consistently. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Hopefully we can get decent compensation.

Heyneck
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
That playoff win against the league's #1 defense sure involved a whole lot of Tebow being Tebow.

I'm just saying that your opinion is in line with the Merril Hodge school of thought where you needed moving goal posts to keep redefining what is "good enough" last season.

Our defense wasn't anything special last year man. Tebow lifted them up just as often as they lifted him up. You can't say he's leagues away from being a legit QB after what he did last season without sounding like a jackass now.

Let them. I am happy with the Manning signing... just not ok with paying more than the Colts did... also not ok with throwing Tebow away... but that's just the NFL...and also got used to the head scratching decisions by our owner and FO the last couple of years. Hope we do really win a superbowl in the next 5 years... or that at least Peyton manages to stay healthy and play at his regularly superb lever.

If just hope this doesn't backfire! With a guy like Tebow and seeing what happened... Karma is a b****!!!

Other than that.... lets GO BRONCOS!!! Can't wait for the season to start!!!

extralife
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Man, Shannon Sharpe is ****ing hilarious on the fan right now. ya'll should be listening to this.

Tyrell Jones
03-19-2012, 12:31 PM
35,000 raider fans in denver will be storming nabisco come 2012 we still own yall.

DENVERDUI55
03-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Man, Shannon Sharpe is ****ing hilarious on the fan right now. ya'll should be listening to this.

What is he saying after his sources said Tennessee?

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Lindsay Jones was just on NFL Network. I think I am going to rewind my DVR and go rub one out to her. I would stick it in her butt with no condom on.

extralife
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
thanks for that fantastic information

enjolras
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
What is he saying after his sources said Tennessee?

Said he legitimately thought he was going to Tenn.

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Lindsay Jones was just on NFL Network. I think I am going to rewind my DVR and go rub one out to her. I would stick it in her butt with no condom on.

I call dibs on Wendi Nix

broncosteven
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
35,000 raider fans in denver will be storming nabisco come 2012 we still own yall.

Broncos are insured an epic year for the ages!

barryr
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
What has been mentioned a couple of times today and was not mentioned as much around here is the Broncos were in a position to allow Manning to have whatever offense he had since the Broncos were going to be changing their offense yet again this offseason anyway. Both the Titans and 49ers already had their offenses in place and would have been more difficult for them to make such changes or have Manning adapt to theirs, but not as much problem for the Broncos. This may have helped their cause.

DENVERDUI55
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I call dibs on Wendi Nix

I'll take MILF Colleen Dominguez. Alex Flanagan is good too.

55CrushEm
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM

:holyguac!

RIBEYZE
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
The latest pose mania
http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/files/2010/02/peyton-manning-with-super-bowl-trophy.jpg

Called Manninging

broncoblue
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
how do I turn manning hate into love?
years of hate has been washed away in one day hahaha.
BRONCOS TIL I DIE
http://www.overseasorangearmy.co.uk/#/home/4558010955

TonyR
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
You can't say he's leagues away from being a legit QB after what he did last season without sounding like a jackass now.

We're about to find out if any NFL FO's agree with you. Clearly the Broncos' doesn't.

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
So cheap Bowlen just signed the most expensive FA in NFL history?

cutthemdown
03-19-2012, 01:25 PM

Tebow survives at QB with grit and power but really throws the ball poorly. You have seen the wobbly spiral and poor accuracy right?

Drek
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
We're about to find out if any NFL FO's agree with you. Clearly the Broncos' doesn't.

Yep, because the league as a whole never completely misses on a guy right?

Doug Flutie

Rich Gannon

Kurt Warner

Warren Moon

Steve Young

I could go on. All great QBs, all told they could never play QB in the league previously in their careers. Whole league passed them by as QBs at least once. Then after having how wrong they were beating into their heads teams talk about how they want to find the "next XXXXX".

Tebow survives at QB with grit and power but really throws the ball poorly. You have seen the wobbly spiral and poor accuracy right?
Have you also seen that half the time he throws tight spirals like laser beams? Ever actually paid attention to WHY that disparity exists?

He's got sloppy footwork. A lot of QBs in the league have sloppy footwork. A lot of QBs have come into the league and had their sloppy footwork fixed. Why can't Tebow's be fixed?

A guy who steps back and throws a 50 yard pass that drops perfectly into the bucket for Decker to walk into the end zone against KC doesn't have some un-fixable inability to throw the football. A guy who has the games he did against the Vikings and Steelers last year doesn't have something innately wrong with him as a QB who can't resolve. No one else has his combination of athleticism, natural poise under pressure, and the innate skill of always looking down field.

All the negatives about Tebow are just various extremes of what every young NFL QB has to work on in his league. The positives that Tebow brings are nearly impossible to find in a QB his age. He's an incredibly valuable commodity to a team willing to invest in him.

SJ Bronco
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Our QB is peyton manning. Who cares? I'm done with Tebow unless he becomes the Denver starter again.

fdf
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM
This could honestly be the start of another 96-99 type era with a great QB, power running game and vicious defense. Good day to be a Bronco fan!

Not sure where the power running game and vicious defense would come from. Without Tebow, the running game is average at best. Of course, the D in 96-99 wasn't that great. It was adequate, given the great offense.

I'm delighted that Manning is coming. Great news. But that's not going to make Joe Mays a good linebacker or fill the holes at DT and safety or the lack of depth at CB. Our D right now is not able to hold high powered offenses to the less than 40 points a game range. We have to be able to do that even with Manning at QB if we want to win the Superbowl.

bowtown
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Has go_broncos been by to eat his crow yet?

Punisher
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17fxvhdq28q2hjpg/medium.jpg

COBronc78
03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/480886_10151460320780651_656365650_23269717_322979 701_n.jpg

Punisher
03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RijB8wnJCN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Broncobiv
03-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Now you know why we were calm and not signing FAs, Schefter said Broncos said they knew they were favorites since day 1 and that never changed.

So...we were not out signing FA's because we knew that we were the favorites to land Manning? That's the reason we have not attempted to upgrade any position besides QB over the past week? Please tell me how that makes sense.

Thank God we stayed calm and signed virtually nobody so far! Now all that's left are the scraps since the real FA treasures have already signed elsewhere!

pricejj
03-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Disappointed to see the Patriots sign Brandon Lloyd, Dont'a Stallworth, and Anthony Gonzalez...in the last couple days.

Broncos need some major WR's real quick like.

barryr
03-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Disappointed to see the Patriots sign Brandon Lloyd, Dont'a Stallworth, and Anthony Gonzalez...in the last couple days.

Broncos need some major WR's real quick like.

The Broncos for sure need to seriously upgrade their secondary since they couldn't cover the receivers the Pats had this year.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Awesome!

The championship window is officially open for "bidness!" :thumbsup:

Boobs McGee
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
OH, and ps:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3524531&postcount=39

When TT gets traded (and for the record, I HOPE he stays), this source is officially 3 for 3.

Pezman
03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Lurking here has never been more fun :)

Seamus
03-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Yep, lurking is fun during last season and now during the start of the Peyton era.

bowtown
03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Lurking here has never been more fun :)

Oh snap.

Ugly Duck
03-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I'd congratulate y'all on an epic signing, but I'm feeling rather ill right now. Kinda sick to my stomach in an ominous sorta way... dunno why....