PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Officially Announce the Obvious

UberBroncoMan
03-18-2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

7:12 pm Mike Lombardi said on NFL Network the Broncos have told free agents they are "on hold" until the Peyton Manning situation resolves itself.

Joe Mays was our "big signing" until the Manning thing ends.

Cuss $40 mill in cap is all going to be spent on him, right?

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Sneaky FO is sneaky.

If we can see through them so easily what do other teams think?

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 04:56 PM
If Manning can't figure out which team he's going to pick by tomorrow, then he's an idiot. There's no more info left to gather, numbnuts. Hike the ****ing ball.

razorwire77
03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't agree with this all or nothing FA approach, but I suppose the rationale is this.

Denver is probably looking offensively at upgrading WR, TE, C and possibly interior offensive line. They are also looking at RB depth.

If they sign Manning, they are probably looking at signing Clark and Saturday to plug those holes. If they sign Manning, they will probably be able to attract a higher caliber FA WR than if the only QB's on the roster are Adam Weber and Tim Tebow with one foot out of the door.

Still seems like they are really putting all their eggs in one basket though.

barryr
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Well, they did sign Mike Adams, even though 99% of us didn't know a thing or care much about him until he signed.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Well, they did sign Mike Adams, even though 99% of us didn't know a thing or care much about him until he signed.

And held onto the Idiot Cannonball. Game changing moves.

UberBroncoMan
03-18-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't agree with this all or nothing FA approach, but I suppose the rationale is this.

Denver is probably looking offensively at upgrading WR, TE, C and possibly interior offensive line. They are also looking at RB depth.

If they sign Manning, they are probably looking at signing Clark and Saturday to plug those holes. If they sign Manning, they will probably be able to attract a higher caliber FA WR than if the only QB's on the roster are Adam Weber and Tim Tebow with one foot out of the door.

There's practically no more stud FA's left to attract if Manning signs here. Basically we'd have to wait until next year, and **** if I know who of any worth is a free agent then. We've literally ****ed ourselves this free agency. I mean, Joe ****ing Mays??? REALLY???

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:04 PM
What a complete and utter joke. And people still think EFX have any ****ing clue what they are doing.

I mean we have alienated Tebow and blown the entire free agency period waiting on a guy who is almost certainly going somewhere else. Amazing.

barryr
03-18-2012, 05:05 PM
And held onto the Idiot Cannonball. Game changing moves.

Mays even as a backup does not really interest me much. If he starts at all next year, then this regime wants to win games on the cheap.

chrisp
Sorry to come over all reasonable and everything, but honestly, how do you sign free agents if you haven't resolved the Manning thing? There's no way that signing him/not signing him doesn't make a massive impact on what you can offer people.

I think the truth is this is not a case of the FO 'choosing'to adopt a certain 'approach', this is just the reality of the situation for anyone still in the manning sweepstakes.

rbackfactory80
A step in the right direction. At least they didn't lie.

Shananahan
03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Sorry to come over all reasonable and everything, but honestly, how do you sign free agents if you haven't resolved the Manning thing? There's no way that signing him/not signing him doesn't make a massive impact on what you can offer people.
Pretty simple, you just decide how much you're willing to pay him.

Apparently no price is too high for them or something.

barryr
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Many of us liked the idea of signing Jones, the DT from the Titans, but he signs with Seattle for only 1 year, 4.5 mil. The Broncos had no interest in a young DL and couldn't have offered more than that?

Archer81
03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Ridicules.

:Broncos:

Beantown Bronco
03-18-2012, 05:12 PM

If we sign Manning to the numbers we've heard are being proposed, he'll count less than $20 mil against the cap. That still leaves us over $20 mil in cap room. You can sign AT LEAST 2-3 big names for that (or a dozen middle to lower tier guys, which is obviously more likely).

Manning's decision shouldn't handicap us in any way with signing other guys.

WolfpackGuy
03-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Wut?

Who will be left?

Kaylore
03-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Manning will say no to us on Thursday as the last vestiges of decent free agents are swallowed up effectively eliminating what was available for us. Not that the front office would have gone after anyone seriously. If their whole plan was "sign Manning, he'll make everything better and we won't need to sign anyone else" then they really are stupid.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Manning will say no to us on Thursday as the last vestiges of decent free agents are swallowed up effectively eliminating what was available for us. Not that the front office would have gone after anyone seriously. If their whole plan was "sign Manning, he'll make everything better and we won't need to sign anyone else" then they really are stupid.

Now you're coming around. I knew you had it in you, Khan.

Good job, buddy. :strong:

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 05:17 PM
The Broncos FO could announce they just signed Manning for $1.00 and this place would still be hating.

Broncos + Manning + a few FA fillers = SB

Bronco_Beerslug
03-18-2012, 05:18 PM

I think the truth is this is not a case of the FO 'choosing'to adopt a certain 'approach', this is just the reality of the situation for anyone still in the manning sweepstakes.
This is exactly right. Manning said he will choose a team in a couple of days.

Did anyone really think this situation was something different than the above?

Archer81
Best FO ever.

Drunken.Broncoholic
If manning doesn't sign QB will still be the top FA priority. If it ain't manning they are picking some one like a hasselbeck. Its on hold cause all they want is a QB.

maher_tyler
03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
These are the same coaches etc that ran the ball 95% of the time of 1st and 2nd down with a QB draw on 3rd down. What do you expect from these guys???

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Yes, yes they are.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
I still say Elway has something else up his sleeve.

I'm going with that. ;D

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
If we sign Manning to the numbers we've heard are being proposed, he'll count less than $20 mil against the cap. That still leaves us over $20 mil in cap room. You can sign AT LEAST 2-3 big names for that (or a dozen middle to lower tier guys, which is obviously more likely).

Manning's decision shouldn't handicap us in any way with signing other guys.Let me repeat myself....for the zillionth time:

The cap has no bearing on the Broncos spend...because they do not have $40m in CASH to spend.

They are rumored to need a loan in order to sign Manning.

This team is BROKE folks.

Broncos = Oakland A's = Moneyball

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Maybe they came out and said this so manning eliminates them real soon. Manning knowing his decision is holding up a team he's not signing with? He would likely let them know. He told miami to move on.

maher_tyler

BS!! 9ers and Titians have both made moves! We're the only team "in the running" that hasn't done a ****ing thing!!

Hamrob
Manning will say no to us on Thursday as the last vestiges of decent free agents are swallowed up effectively eliminating what was available for us. Not that the front office would have gone after anyone seriously. If their whole plan was "sign Manning, he'll make everything better and we won't need to sign anyone else" then they really are stupid.Stupid? No
Broke? Yes

RaiderH8r
I still say Elway has something else up his sleeve.

I'm going with that. ;D

Faith is a beautiful and dangerous thing.

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Mays even as a backup does not really interest me much. If he starts at all next year, then this regime wants to win games on the cheap.No, really??? This team is BROKE!

Drunken.Broncoholic
Bowlen is cheap but how is he completely broke? I just filled my gas tank at 5.95 a gallon.

SoCalBronco

(evil laugh)

You're a ****ing pathetic excuse for an owner, old man. I hope you ****ing burn.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Stupid? No
Broke? Yes

I'm leaning towards stupid and broke. Broke teams shouldn't be trying to "win now" by signing Manning while having no money to sign anyone else. That's blatantly stupid. So yeah, stupid and broke.

barryr
03-18-2012, 05:25 PM
No, really??? This team is BROKE!

So they waste time with Manning? They really are dumb and broke then.

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
BS!! 9ers and Titians have both made moves! We're the only team "in the running" that hasn't done a ****ing thing!!Because we have the tightest budget in the NFL. Bowlen is willing to take out a loan...if Manning is within reach. Outside of that, it's business as usual. We will sign a few guys at the standard 4yr $10m, or 3yr 7.5m deals. It's coming folks...learn to deal with it.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm so glad we bought Pat that stadium.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Because we have the tightest budget in the NFL. Bowlen is willing to take out a loan...if Manning is within reach. Outside of that, it's business as usual. We will sign a few guys at the standard 4yr $10m, or 3yr 7.5m deals. It's coming folks...learn to deal with it.

If that's true, he really needs to sell this team. And if they are trying to take out a loan to pay Manning, God help us...

barryr
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Because we have the tightest budget in the NFL. Bowlen is willing to take out a loan...if Manning is within reach. Outside of that, it's business as usual. We will sign a few guys at the standard 4yr $10m, or 3yr 7.5m deals. It's coming folks...learn to deal with it.

Maybe explains why Manning hasn't agreed with the Broncos since he would have to wonder how many other weapons they could really get for him.

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
So they waste time with Manning? They really are dumb and broke then.No, they realize that Manning is perhaps the best player in the NFL. He averages 11 wins a year. Without him, the Colts won 1 game. So, you roll the dice (take out a loan) and go for it.

But, he's the only guy you take that risk on. Otherwise, you go back to the dollar store and it's business as usual!

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
maybe we could petition Obama for a bailout?

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
So they waste time with Manning? They really are dumb and broke then.

Our team is run by the equivalent of the poor person who can't make his house payment, and then goes out and tries to finance a Mercedes. ****...

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
No, they realize that Manning is perhaps the best player in the NFL. He averages 11 wins a year. Without him, the Colts won 1 game. So, you roll the dice (take out a loan) and go for it.

But, he's the only guy you take that risk on. Otherwise, you go back to the dollar store and it's business as usual!

This is a stupid way to do things. Period.

R8R H8R
03-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Let me repeat myself....for the zillionth time:

The cap has no bearing on the Broncos spend...because they do not have $40m in CASH to spend.

This team is BROKE folks.

Broncos = Oakland A's = Moneyball

This is at least the 3rd time I have seen you quote this. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere else. Please provide a link.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Maybe explains why Manning hasn't agreed with the Broncos since he would have to wonder how many other weapons they could really get for him.

Err...I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's the number one reason. That and our lack of talent on the current roster.

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 05:32 PM
This is at least the 3rd time I have seen you quote this. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere else. Please provide a link.

I'd like to see sources to prove were broke. I'm starting to think this guy is a second user name for Dortoh

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I'd like to see sources to prove were broke. I'm starting to think this guy is a second user name for Dortoh

Announcing we have put free agency on hold until Manning makes his decision while sitting on 50 million in cap space is proof, you dolt.

peacepipe
This is at least the 3rd time I have seen you quote this. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere else. Please provide a link.probably because there is no truth to it.we got 40-50 million dollars in cap space,unless we sign peyton to a contract that pays him 40-50 million dollars in the 1st yr we'll be able sign anyone we want still.

Hamrob
If that's true, he really needs to sell this team. And if they are trying to take out a loan to pay Manning, God help us...Yes, I have been saying this the past 2yrs. Then, just recently, it was confirmed in the Denver Post, when Klis or whoever it was said...that the Broncos would need to move monies around, perhaps take out a loan, etc. in order to sign Manning.

This also makes sense, when the fans keep saying they have $40-$50m in cap space to spend........and Elway keeps saying..."Well folks, that's not the CASH BUDGET, that we have to manage to".

The fact is, they don't have the operating leverage.....CASH FLOW to sign guys like they used to. Bowlen's entire fortune is the DENVER BRONCOS. They are worth a billion and he's worth a billion. He doesn't have anything other, that what the Broncos make in profits. Their profits are probably very thin, after paying out salaries...so, they may have $40m in cap space, but in reality only have $10-$15m in cash to sign new players including their draft picks. That's why they will need to take out a loan to get Manning.

Eventually, our hack writers at the Post will catch on and tell the real story.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:36 PM

Bormah?

Hamrob
I'd like to see sources to prove were broke. I'm starting to think this guy is a second user name for DortohIt was a DP article that mentioned it.

But, I don't need proof. They keep saying it....but, you fools aren't listening.

Everytime ESPN or NFLN says the Broncos have tons of CAP room.....Elway/Xanders says...but, that's not our opporating budget.

Hello folks......WTF do you think they mean????

peacepipe
Yes, I have been saying this the past 2yrs. Then, just recently, it was confirmed in the Denver Post, when Klis or whoever it was said...that the Broncos would need to move monies around, perhaps take out a loan, etc. in order to sign Manning.

This also makes sense, when the fans keep saying they have $40-$50m in cap space to spend........and Elway keeps saying..."Well folks, that's not the CASH BUDGET, that we have to manage to".

The fact is, they don't have the operating leverage.....CASH FLOW to sign guys like they used to. Bowlen's entire fortune is the DENVER BRONCOS. They are worth a billion and he's worth a billion. He doesn't have anything other, that what the Broncos make in profits. Their profits are probably very thin, after paying out salaries...so, they may have $40m in cap space, but in reality only have $10-$15m in cash to sign new players including their draft picks. That's why they will need to take out a loan to get Manning.

still waiting on that link.

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Announcing we have put free agency on hold until Manning makes his decision while sitting on 50 million in cap space is proof, you dolt.

dolt really that cuts man.

Until I see proof Im going to have to call BS

baja
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Bowlen is cheap but how is he completely broke? I just filled my gas tank at 5.95 a gallon.

that the real price of gas were you live

Bronco_Beerslug
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM

You don't have any clue of what is happening player wise in the Broncos organization other than what they tell you, and I doubt they have talked to you about anything.

And the Broncos have $38 million cap space not 50 Forrest.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
that the real price of gas were you live

By my house it's 4.45. But I was down in big sur today and had to fill up there. Bad mistake not to get gas before.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes, I have been saying this the past 2yrs. Then, just recently, it was confirmed in the Denver Post, when Klis or whoever it was said...that the Broncos would need to move monies around, perhaps take out a loan, etc. in order to sign Manning.

The Broncos profits should be more than enough to fill the cap. If they have money issues it's because of Bowlen has serious debt in other areas (or do that whole Kaiser thing.

The guy really needs to sell already...

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Here is an article from 2009, that shows the operating income for each team. Denver at the time had 39.9m in operating income. That is all the money they have to run the company, including player accusitions, bonuses etc. And, this was before we **** the bed and went 4-12.

http://www.bizoffootball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=516:inside-the-2009-forbes-nfl-franchise-valuations&catid=44:articles-and-opinion&Itemid=61

Bowlen doesn't have any other source of income to draw from. So, unlike other owners with deep pockets, the Broncos are limited to their operating income.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:43 PM
And the Broncos have $38 million cap space not 50 Forrest.

Which would still leave them 20 million or more in cap space if Manning signs with them dip****.

Deductive reasoning is your friend...

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Here is an article from 2009, that shows the operating income for each team. Denver at the time had 39.9m in operating income. That is all the money they have to run the company, including player accusitions, bonuses etc. And, this was before we **** the bed and went 4-12.

http://www.bizoffootball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=516:inside-the-2009-forbes-nfl-franchise-valuations&catid=44:articles-and-opinion&Itemid=61

Bowlen doesn't have any other source of income to draw from. So, unlike other owners with deep pockets, the Broncos are limited to their operating income.

Well then its obvious your correct. I say lets be proactive.

Bake sale anyone?

errand
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Just because we have $40M in cap space, doesn't mean Bowlen is willing to spend it......or needs to.

Broncos may still be on their original plan of building long term via draft, and Peyton maybe the only big name FA they will pursue. With the belief we compete for SB in 2013, drafting QBOTF....who knows?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
He doesn't have to spend up to the cap until next year. If he doesn't get manning we get the same speech Xander's gave us last summer when they didn't spend much of their cap space.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM

You telling me the Seahawks have -2.4 million in operating income? Paul Allen?

bpc
03-18-2012, 05:54 PM
It was a DP article that mentioned it.

But, I don't need proof. They keep saying it....but, you fools aren't listening.

Everytime ESPN or NFLN says the Broncos have tons of CAP room.....Elway/Xanders says...but, that's not our opporating budget.

Ding ding ding. Thank god somebody actually brought it up. If you're Manning, do you want to be signing up with a cash strapped regime? They'll take a loan out to sign you but not much else.

Bowlen needs to sell.

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 05:56 PM
You telling me the Seahawks have -2.4 million in operating income? Paul Allen?Bingo. Paul Allen has $30b to pull from if he needs it. Pat Bowlen does not. Bowlen's total worth is the same as the worth of the Broncos....meaning his operating income is all he has. Otherwise, he has to go to his trust or take out a loan.

maven
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Isnt this the last year of no salary cap floor? Team is either all in with manning or none at all this season.

I think denver will miss out on manning, sign some small free agents, and continue to build theough the draft.

MagicHef
03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
So, if this is true, will Bowlen be able to afford it when the salary floor comes into effect?

R8R H8R
03-18-2012, 06:01 PM

Sorry, you need to go back to accounting school.

1st-Operating income is the income before taxes and interest expense, in other words, profits before taxes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnings_before_interest_and_taxes

2nd-Total revenue is $240 million. That is the money used to pay salaries.

3rd- These numbers were calculated in 2008 and reveled in your article in 2009. In other words, they are numbers that are 4 years old. All revenues are larger now.

4th- Even using 2008 figures, any business that has EBIT of $39.9 million is not broke. I would love to be this destitute, and so would you.

Just a suggestion, before going on rants that you don't know what you are talking about, please do a little homework & save yourself a little embarrassment.

spdirty
03-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Bingo. Paul Allen has $30b to pull from if he needs it. Pat Bowlen does not. Bowlen's total worth is the same as the worth of the Broncos....meaning his operating income is all he has. Otherwise, he has to go to his trust or take out a loan.

K, and doesn't he have to spend most of the cap next season? And why would they roll over all of the 27 mil last year in unspent cap space last year to have this year and not spend? Sorry, just doesn't add up.

R8R H8R
03-18-2012, 06:06 PM
So, if this is true, will Bowlen be able to afford it when the salary floor comes into effect?
Yes, the Broncos are not broke. Far from it.

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry, you need to go back to accounting school.

1st-Operating income is the income before taxes and interest expense, in other words, profits before taxes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnings_before_interest_and_taxes

2nd-Total revenue is $240 million. That is the money used to pay salaries.

3rd- These numbers were calculated in 2008 and reveled in your article in 2009. In other words, they are numbers that are 4 years old. All revenues are larger now.

4th- Even using 2008 figures, any business that has EBIT of $39.9 million is not broke. I would love to be this destitute, and so would you.

Just a suggestion, before going on rants that you don't know what you are talking about, please do a little homework & save yourself a little embarrassment.

Personally I blame "community colleges" biggest scam on the American people since the womans rights movement.

Broncos4tw
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Meh.. teams are built through the draft, not free agency. If we get Manning, that's good enough imo. You don't build a SB team through free agents, I'm not too worried about this.

razorwire77
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
In short, he's not broke. Bowlen and his family are one of the 1000 wealthiest families in the world.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/10/billionaires-2010_Patrick-Bowlen-family_ACGS.html

However, he's not in the stratosphere of a Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, Stan Kroenkeor Daniel Snyder type in terms of net worth. Although He's probably closer than many would think.

Honestly, I think it has more to do with Pat Bowlen suffering from age related dementia. I seriously doubt Bowlen really has much to do with the day to day operational budget of the team. My guess is Joe Ellis, along with a slew of corporate attorneys, Bowlen family advisers etc. are attempting to keep the operational budget as low as possible in relation to the money the team makes. However, the team is still one of the ten most valuable in the league.
http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/25/most-valuable-nfl-teams-business-sports-football-valuations-10_slide_11.html
Worth more than the Steelers, Colts, Packers, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs etc. etc.

So why is Bowlen/Bowlen's family doing this? My guess is that the family anticipates a time in the near future when Pat is completely unable to run the franchise and where they will sell the team. In the meantime, they are attempting to keep the costs associated with owning and operating an NFL franchise as low as possible, until the day where they sell the franchise.

The good news is in 2013 we get a per-team spending minimum
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/per-team-spending-minimum-doesnt-apply-until-2013/

"Each team muat spend at least 89 percent of the salary cap in cash on an annual basis."

baja
03-18-2012, 06:14 PM
By my house it's 4.45. But I was down in big sur today and had to fill up there. Bad mistake not to get gas before.

I pay $2.78

R8R H8R
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Personally I blame "community colleges" biggest scam on the American people since the womans rights movement.

You crack me up sometimes. :D

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
You crack me up sometimes. :D

You know someone will get offened and I'll hear all about it. I say it was still worth it :)

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 06:25 PM

what are you bitching about woman's rights movement for, it also lead us to be much much sluttier. For instance, I've learned from the movement, a woman has a right to express herself sexually, that we should embrace free love and stuff. So between that and beer, this has really helped men get laid more frequently. silly man.

As for this continuing Peyton Manning thing, I think this is the Colt's revenge for Elway not signing with them. Revenge best served colt/cold and all that. ;D

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
what are you b****ing about woman's rights movement for, it also lead us to be much much sluttier. For instance, I've learned from the movement, a woman has a right to express herself sexually, that we should embrace free love and stuff. So between that and beer, this has really helped men get laid more frequently. silly man.

As for this continuing Peyton Manning thing, I think this is the Colt's revenge for Elway not signing with them. Revenge best served colt/cold and all that. ;D

Have I told you lately that I love you Ha!

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Have I told you lately that I love you Ha!

Will there be a poll involved at somepoint? I like polls. ;D

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 06:28 PM

It's irrelevant whether he can afford it or not. He's legally compelled to spend to the floor, regardless of whether he has the liquid cash. That's right old man...if you have to take out a high interest loan every ****ing year from next year onwards to comply with the floor, so be it. And if you end up a ****ing pauper because of that....well that's too damn bad.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Don't the Broncos read twitter? They are out of it. Now they are in. Now out. Front runner. Out of it, back in.

Now out

R8R H8R
03-18-2012, 06:30 PM
what are you b****ing about woman's rights movement for, it also lead us to be much much sluttier. For instance, I've learned from the movement, a woman has a right to express herself sexually, that we should embrace free love and stuff. So between that and beer, this has really helped men get laid more frequently. silly man.

Sign me up! :wiggle:

R8R H8R
03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Don't the Broncos read twitter? They are out of it. Now they are in. Now out. Front runner. Out of it, back in.

Now out

Where's that Grandpa and Bart Simpson gif when you need it? ;D

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 06:33 PM
It was a DP article that mentioned it.

Ah the pronoun people they sure do know a lot of stuff.

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
On the upside, it's looking less and less like I have to keep my bargain made on another thread. I was a little worried for a while I might have to do some untoward thing dreamt up by Hotrod. But now it appears, EFX has made it so my purity will remain intact, just like Tim's.

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 06:39 PM
On the upside, it's looking less and less like I have to keep my bargain made on another thread. I was a little worried for a while I might have to do some untoward thing dreamt up by Hotrod. But now it appears, EFX has made it so my purity will remain intact, just like Tim's.

Its not over yet :wiggle:

maher_tyler
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM

I'm confused then...what does $40M+ in cap space REALLY mean???

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 06:47 PM

Also known as the 13th grade.

bombay
03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
This is awesome.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Which would still leave them 20 million or more in cap space if Manning signs with them dip****.

Deductive reasoning is your friend...
Once again, everyone learned this in grade school except you apparently. 38 million doesn't equal 50 million. You were corrected, own it.

Lev Vyvanse
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Once again, everyone learned this in grade school except you apparently. 38 million doesn't equal 50 million. You were corrected, own it.

You should really teach him a lesson and contact his employer.

dbchamps97
03-18-2012, 07:10 PM

I agree and also think they have pretty much said to Peyton that he can run the offense and they will bring in players he wants to do so? If that promise was made it would explain the hands are tied approach.

dbchamps97
03-18-2012, 07:14 PM

Umm........ what about Tebowmania? Surely the budget has doubled!

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM

Poles*

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
You should really teach him a lesson and contact his employer.

LOL

Zing!

Everytime Beerslug comes around, they come back out. It makes me chuckle.

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 07:26 PM
I pay $2.78

Oh really? Mexico is still cheaper than the US? I figured things had changed since the last time you went over this. Uhh

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Poles*

um no.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/pole

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/poll?q=poll

55CrushEm
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
What a complete and utter joke. And people still think EFX have any ****ing clue what they are doing.

I mean we have alienated Tebow and blown the entire free agency period waiting on a guy who is almost certainly going somewhere else. Amazing.

Got to agree with this at this point. We look like desperate boobs.

And if we DO get Manning now....I shudder to think what the contract is.....

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
um no.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/pole

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/poll?q=poll

-_-

I know the difference.

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
-_-

I know the difference.

As do I. I prefer the voting polls to the wooden pole. ;D

I know when I say liking poll it is implied perhaps I am really implying pole like penis, but if I wanted to say I liked penis, I would just say, hey, Hotrod, are you going to start a poll about penis, I like penis. ;D

and before I get some sort of **** about penis/poll/pole jacking this thread, may I just say at this point a little humor about this whole Penis Manning situation is really just meant to lighten up the place. ;D

baja
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Oh really? Mexico is still cheaper than the US? I figured things had changed since the last time you went over this. Uhh

Price fixed by government goes up ever so slightly might be 2.80 something now but not more

elsid13
03-18-2012, 07:34 PM

Somewhere Oleg is getting mad and will thrush American Red Neck for flirting with his woman and his goat.

Chris
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM

Now out

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IA5nokOFh84/TA9DDdDVTgI/AAAAAAAAESI/V0OgOMzSQ5I/s1600/Heidi+Klum_Project+Runway.jpg

Auf wiedersehen!

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Somewhere Oleg is getting mad and will thrush American Red Neck for flirting with his woman and his goat.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lukh4fA9yW1r52b1do1_500.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/51zk8BwwF8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve Sewell
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
I think this site may house the greatest collection of idiots on the internet. Impressive.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 09:10 PM
I think this site may house the greatest collection of idiots on the internet. Impressive.

Hey, you keep posting . . . . .

BroncoMan4ever
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

7:12 pm Mike Lombardi said on NFL Network the Broncos have told free agents they are "on hold" until the Peyton Manning situation resolves itself.

Joe Mays was our "big signing" until the Manning thing ends.

Cuss $40 mill in cap is all going to be spent on him, right?

why burn up 40 million on marginal players if you don't have a QB to get you to a super bowl?

Bowlen has shown he is willing to spend the cash, if the reward is a super bowl. i like this approach. if Manning signs, great, go all out on the best of what is left to arm this team for a super bowl push. if he doesn't, fill some holes with free agents that don't break the bank, ride out this season with a marginal QB and go all out with the QB they draft next season.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 09:16 PM

meh, what about the friggen defense? What does Manning have to do with that anyway?

does-not-make-sense.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Correction.....http://www.chiefsplanet.com/

;)

ZONA
03-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Simply this:

If Manning signs - everybody would have to consider this FA period a success. I don't think there is a single other player in FA who could impact his team more then Manning. On the flip side, if we don't get him, this will go down as the WORST FA period in as long as I can remember.

SoCalBronco
03-19-2012, 12:45 AM
Simply this:

If Manning signs - everybody would have to consider this FA period a success. I don't think there is a single other player in FA who could impact his team more then Manning. On the flip side, if we don't get him, this will go down as the WORST FA period in as long as I can remember.

I'm not sure that's accurate, at least not without the benefit of more information. Here's what I mean: suppose they sign him, it seems it will prolly take around 20-25m per season. It would appear Bowlen isn't going to commit to that PLUS then go out and spend what it would take to seriously bolster the team in FA and then supplement it with the draft. In other words, no matter how you slice it, there will be a large chunk of the 40-45m we have left unspent. Unless you believe we are "one guy away", and I don't, in reality we were a below average team that had some timely defensive stops and some Tebow miracles that is several players away from being a serious contender. Adding a 36 yr. old QB, who is already on the downside even before the neck issues, isnt going to magically make everything better. It will make the QB position better, to what extent, is unclear, but it will be better, but I dont believe that will mask alot of the other stuff.

If we're only going to use 25m of the 40-45m, therefore, I think it would be better spent on 4 good to really good FAs at around 5-6m apiece, so we can definitively and seriously address those 4 spots (say one LB, one CB, one DT and one OL) so that with your six selections in the draft you can focus them all on the remaining areas and build up some depth there. That would be the better approach IMO, so I'd actually rather not get Manning because I dont think he'll magically make all the difference. IMO, the better approach is the more balanced approach when you have finite resources like we do.

TDmvp
03-19-2012, 01:16 AM
I just don't think adding a aging QB is the magic wand to make this team a SB threat for the long haul or even the short one after seeing our D last year vs teams that was upper tier on O.

And only one Qb over the age of 35 has won the SB since 1985 and that was Elway. And there's not many other 35+ Qbs in the history of the game to win it all .So I just never seen adding that aging star Qb as a great opinion in about any case.

SB QB's and ages they won it.
http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbquarterbacks.htm

But anyway say no to Mannthing ... He's old , he beat us to death for a decade and he's just flat terrible to children...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/nicecatchp1.gif

Archer81
03-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Much like in space, in Denver, nobody can hear you scream.

Archer81
03-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Simply this:

I disagree. Manning alone will not fill the holes on the roster. We only have 6 picks in the draft. So its awesome we bought an engine for a space shuttle but have to install it on a wagon with only three wheels.