PDA

View Full Version : GAME.SET.MATCH. ALEX SMITH IS VISITING THE FINS...

txtebow
03-18-2012, 09:51 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/alex-smith-visiting-the-dolphins-today/

We had better begin to focus on Bunkley, a solid #2 RB, a CB, a MLB and the draft..........

PS-Smith is represented by the same agent as
Manning (and is rumored to be contemplating leaving that agency BTW).....if some people are unable read those tea leaves then they are just not very keen to begin with........

jebures
03-18-2012, 09:56 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/alex-smith-visiting-the-dolphins-today/

We had better begin to focus on Bunkley, a solid #2 RB, a CB, a MLB and the draft..........

Manning (and is rumored to be contemplating leaving that agency BTW).....if some people are unable read those tea leaves then they are just not very keen to begin with........

****....no manning....and no tebow...what a complete and utter mess by the front office

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 10:01 AM
****....no manning....and no tebow...what a complete and utter mess by the front office

49ers are facing the same problem. Manning is choosing Titans. Believe that

CEH
03-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Interesting how both Smith and Tebow came out of the Urban Meyer offense and both clubs willing to spend $90MM on someone else.

ghostofjosh
03-18-2012, 10:05 AM
All bargaining power..hes coming here

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
This could also be a move by Smith to force the Niners to fish or cut bait. Sounds like the Niner's FO is just as ****ed up as ours is, if you go by this criteria.

I guess going after an unrestricted FA HOF QB is stupid, eh?

Rich Karlis
03-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Condon knows Manning isn't going to the 9ers so he sends Alex Smith to Miami for a meeting hoping they offer more than 3/24 million. Manning goes to Denver or Tenn and the 9ers will have to match the Dolphins offer.

errand
03-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Just due dilligence on Alex's part.....he is afterall, a free agent. He has that advantage over Tebow in that he can actively talk to and visit numerous teams to guage their interest in his services.

CEH
03-18-2012, 10:11 AM
This could also be a move by Smith to force the Niners to fish or cut bait. Sounds like the Niner's FO is just as ****ed up as ours is, if you go by this criteria.

I guess going after an unrestricted FA HOF QB is stupid, eh?

Elway is even more F'ed up because he wanted the clueless Harbaugh last year. The NFL knows squat and Urban Meyer is king of all QBs

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Harbaugh, Peyton may not be an ideal fit

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT

The Peyton chase stands at three teams. Assuming that the Broncos, Titans, and 49ers each have put equivalent offers on the table, the question becomes identifying the best overall fit for the future Hall of Famer.

If the primary factor is, as it should be, the path to the Super Bowl, the 49ers should be the first choice.

On closer inspection, however, the personalities and the fiercely competitive natures of Peyton Manning and coach Jim Harbaugh could be an impediment. Both men want to run the show. Both men are used to being the center of attention. Both men have a tendency to get a little upset when things don’t work out exactly the way they’re supposed to work out.

Consider their respective histories. Manning achieved his biggest success under Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell, both of whom never get upset — and both of whom were more than happy to let Peyton run the offense and stand in the spotlight. Harbaugh has excelled with low-profile quarterbacks who always defer to the head coach, like Alex Smith and Andrew Luck.

Then there’s the supporting cast. Over the years, Peyton has enjoyed a wide assortment of non-diva receivers who understand that the quarterback is in charge, and that they should say or do nothing to undermine that. From Marvin Harrison to Reggie Wayne to Marcus Pollard to Dallas Clark to Pierre Garçon to a more recent revolving door of no-name pass-catchers, Peyton has never had to deal demanding, demonstrative skill-position players.

In San Francisco, he’d be throwing to the passionate and at times mercurial Vernon Davis. To Michael Crabtree, who never has done nearly enough to come close to justifying his opinion of himself. To Randy Moss, whose name requires no further elaboration.

None of this mean that Manning will say no to the Niners. In the end, he may decide to take a chance on co-existing with Harbaugh and Davis and Crabtree and Moss. The desire to win a Super Bowl can blur those otherwise bright warning signs, as we saw three years ago when obsessive-compulsive micromanager Brad Childress embraced close-your-eyes-and-wing-it quarterback Brett Favre.

Harbaugh is willing to do it, possibly because others within the organization are making the call, and possibly because Harbaugh once found a way to work with Mike Ditka. Besides, Harbaugh desperately wants to win, and he knows that Peyton Manning gives him a far better chance than Alex Smith. The bigger question is whether Manning thinks that going to the team with the most talent supersedes going to an organization with a much greater inclination to let him be the guy he was in Indianapolis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Hulamau
03-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Interesting how both Smith and Tebow came out of the Urban Meyer offense and both clubs willing to spend $90MM on someone else.

That is interesting isn't it! Urban Meyer is a COLLEGE coach not a pro QB development coach. His utter fail in improving Tebow's mechanics at all in college is a large reason we are in this conundrum now.

And it took how many years ... 5+? before he could hold his own reading NFL defenses without that deer in the headlights syndrome.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Vernon Davis and frank gore are in smiths camp. They do not like the way he's being treated. They have been smiths biggest fans for a while now.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Harbaugh is clueless? He only took on 3 HC jobs at 3 pathetic organization/schools. Turned each one into winners with basically the same players and kids. Quick turnarounds not long rebuilds. He knows how to coach. And scout. Aldon smith? Bet you didn't have him in your top 10 last year going to the niners.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Shanon Sharpe is saying his source says Titans. Considering who he talks to regularly that is pretty interesting.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Harbaugh is clueless? He only took on 3 HC jobs at 3 pathetic organization/schools. Turned each one into winners with basically the same players and kids. Quick turnarounds not long rebuilds. He knows how to coach. And scout. Aldon smith? Bet you didn't have him in your top 10 last year going to the niners.

We need a sarcasm smilie.

meangene
03-18-2012, 10:26 AM

This is what we should have been doing anyway. Instead, our FO has been making complete asses of themselves chasing Manning to the exclusion of all else, alienating and undermining Tebow, and, generally, screwing the pooch. Inexperience and egos getting in the way of brains. What a cluster!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm hearing titans all over the place. I really don't think he chooses the city of SF. He's not a west coast guy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Bunkley shouldve never even reached FA unsigned with all this cap space. The FO cares about one position only. QB

Hulamau
03-18-2012, 10:29 AM

"We had better begin to focus on Bunkley, a solid #2 RB, a CB, a MLB and the draft..........

Florio is Pilfering from The Mane! This article dated today March 18 is almost verbatim from my post yesterday March 17 on the whole Harbaugh, Moss, Crabtree issue Manning would likely have with SF...

There are too many similarities for just chance here, don't really care but I apparently these guys troll around for story lines on message boards too to hook into ..

Here's an excerpt from my VERY similar post of yesterday:

................."With Smith, Manning and Tebow all at CAA its quite possible the SF thing is more a ruse to drive the market .. I'm sure they are interested but they need Manning the least to take the next step and that is a lot of green to lay down for them that will have big consequences on their own long range plans and they will lose Smith as well for the attempt.

Plus, Manning going to work for a high struck hard ass like Harbaugh goes against his past preference for solid but easy going coaches ie Dungy and his OCs.

I don't think Manning is enamored at all with the Prima Donna type WR either as he never put up with much of that at Indy and demanded a lot 'after school' work from his teammates. ..Something I dont see Moss or Crabtree going for for long after the newness wears off.

Manning must see that as well. The NFC thing with playing his brother even in a regular season game against the Giants this year and going all the way to the west coast I just dont see it.

Vernon Davis aside, the 49ers don't have a very good WR corp like Moss and even Crabtree though he has done zilch in the NFL to be Prima Donna about. And who knows which Randy shows up after his retirement year after dogging it for two other teams including the Titans after his couple year fling with Brady.

Moss may have passing dreams of rekindling that kind of connection, but Manning wont put up with a lot of pouting or slacking and I just don't see Randy being what he once was.

Manning has a better shot making DT and Decker true stars THIS year, as they both have major untapped potential with an accurate QB, and perhaps we go for it if he signs and land Wallace as well? ..............

Old Dude
03-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Condon knows Manning isn't going to the 9ers so he sends Alex Smith to Miami for a meeting hoping they offer more than 3/24 million. Manning goes to Denver or Tenn and the 9ers will have to match the Dolphins offer.

Makes sense to me. Better yet, if Manning sigs with the Titans, then Smith could sit back and enjoy a bidding war between SF, Miami and Denver.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 10:35 AM
49ers are facing the same problem. Manning is choosing Titans. Believe that

Wait yesterday u said hr was going to san fran? I'm confused. LOL

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Is the NFL going to investigate Condon for playing all sides against each other? How does this guy avoid the rampant conflict of interest issues going on here?

CEH
03-18-2012, 10:37 AM
We need a sarcasm smilie.

Thought that was obvious given the success SF had last year. Oh well live and learn

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Thought that was obvious given the success SF had last year. Oh well live and learn

I wanted Harbaugh too. Still do, actually.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Bunkley shouldve never even reached FA unsigned with all this cap space. The FO cares about one position only. QB

:thumbsup:

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Wait yesterday u said hr was going to san fran? I'm confused. LOL

I was talking from my opinion. Dude Titans names are everywhere now. I have no clue. Changes by the half second!

Now watch it ends up the Texans

halfback
03-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Condon is doing this to drive up prices, smith visits Miami to drive up the offer San Fran extended him , then tenn and den up the anti in panic that Peyton is going to niners, it's brilliant , and it tells me one thing, Peyton is at a deadlock and is going with the biggest anty, so pony up efx, ur still in this!

Lestat
03-18-2012, 10:43 AM
what tea leaves? Smith is a FA and wants to return for San Fran but he can't let himself get caught with his pants down. Miami needs a QB and Smith or Flynn fit the mold of what they want to do.

every team still chasing Manning is waiting on word from him before they do anything QB wise, this isn't tea leaves it's due diligence.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 10:45 AM

I apologize. Sometimes Sarcasm is hard to pick up on a message board.

What I'm wondering is if philbin and Sherman are looking at smith, what's that say about flynns skills?

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Condon is doing this to drive up prices, smith visits Miami to drive up the offer San Fran extended him , then tenn and den up the anti in panic that Peyton is going to niners, it's brilliant , and it tells me one thing, Peyton is at a deadlock and is going with the biggest anty, so pony up efx, ur still in this!

But what money do you have to fix your bigger holes then? Buying a Ferrari when you really need a roof, fence, and have cracks in your foundation doesn't solve your problem. Keep your F-350.

halfback
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM
But what money do you have to fix your bigger holes then? Buying a Ferrari when you really need a roof, fence, and have cracks in your foundation doesn't solve your problem. Keep your F-350.

Not saying I agree or disagree with what efx are doing, I just think this is all condon manipulating in order to get both his clients more money

CEH
03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I apologize. Sometimes Sarcasm is hard to pick up on a message board.

What I'm wondering is if philbin and Sherman are looking at smith, what's that say about flynns skills?

No sweat. The fact Flynn was not a first day signee tells you everything you need to know. He's a backup with a chance to start on a team. If he was seen as starter's material he would have been signed at 4:00 pm Tuesday or atleast visiting teams last Tuesday

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Not saying I agree or disagree with what efx are doing, I just think this is all condon manipulating in order to get both his clients more money

Possibly, but if it means having Alex Smith shop a new agent you are maestro agent! That is all rumor and conjecture though.

The guy who first alerted the world to Alex Smith visiting Miami is funny. He is telling all his new followers to stop, he says he isn't a reporter. He makes money on real estate and blogs about Seattle Seahawks Salary Cap!

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:57 AM
No sweat. The fact Flynn was not a first day signee tells you everything you need to know. He's a backup with a chance to start on a team. If he was seen as starter's material he would have been signed at 4:00 pm Tuesday or atleast visiting teams last Tuesday.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Possibly, but if it means having Alex Smith shop a new agent you are maestro agent! That is all rumor and conjecture though.

The guy who first alerted the world to Alex Smith visiting Miami is funny. He is telling all his new followers to stop, he says he isn't a reporter. He makes money on real estate and blogs about Seattle Seahawks Salary Cap!

Hilarious! The interwebs makes free agency much more fun.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Hilarious! The interwebs makes free agency much more fun.

The best part is he shot like 5 pictures on plane, but was too dark. Virgin Atlantic has wi-fi so he was tweeting his mission to prove it.

Some other guy following him was waiting outside security and snapped the picture. Alex smith was wearing the clothes the guy described to a T! I guess people had been calling him out as a liar, until that picture!

ND Bronco Fan
03-18-2012, 11:22 AM
How much do you just double down and offer a couple million more a year to manning...if he does not come to Denver tebow is gone and we are back to square one with jack sheet for qb....

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 11:26 AM
How much do you just double down and offer a couple million more a year to manning...if he does not come to Denver tebow is gone and we are back to square one with jack sheet for qb....

A couple million won't be enough in grand scheme. You may have to make it an epic guaruntee at this point.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Dream on brotha!

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM
A couple million won't be enough in grand scheme. You may have to make it an epic guaruntee at this point.

LOL....Bowlen laughs at the phrase "guaranteed money".

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
LOL....Bowlen laughs at the phrase "guaranteed money".

One of this days.. Mr.B will wake up and say: "What? I own the Broncos?"

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Manning is going to sign with the Titans. That's where he and his wife plan to retire...do you think he wants to answer people's questions about why he didn't sign with Tennessee at the end of his career, when he's living their for the next 40yrs??

Condon is a good agent, he already knows where Manning is going to sign. Obviously Smith wanted a better deal then the 49ers offered or he would have signed the agreement already. So, Condon knowing that Manning will not be signing with the 49ers, tells Smith to visit the Dolphins...forcing the 49ers to anti-up! Otherwise, they will be stuck with Kapernack...and Harbaugh will have wet the bed worse than Elway!

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 12:06 PM
One of this days.. Mr.B will wake up and say: "What? I own the Broncos?"The irony is: Bowlen doesn't own the Broncos, his creditors do!

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 12:12 PM
The irony is: Bowlen doesn't own the Broncos, his creditors do!

You speak of this as if it's a fact. Curious can you show me where that list is? I am dead serious too have always wondered where this info was as many people make this reference.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Harbaugh, Peyton may not be an ideal fit

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT

The Peyton chase stands at three teams. Assuming that the Broncos, Titans, and 49ers each have put equivalent offers on the table, the question becomes identifying the best overall fit for the future Hall of Famer.

If the primary factor is, as it should be, the path to the Super Bowl, the 49ers should be the first choice.

On closer inspection, however, the personalities and the fiercely competitive natures of Peyton Manning and coach Jim Harbaugh could be an impediment. Both men want to run the show. Both men are used to being the center of attention. Both men have a tendency to get a little upset when things don’t work out exactly the way they’re supposed to work out.

Consider their respective histories. Manning achieved his biggest success under Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell, both of whom never get upset — and both of whom were more than happy to let Peyton run the offense and stand in the spotlight. Harbaugh has excelled with low-profile quarterbacks who always defer to the head coach, like Alex Smith and Andrew Luck.

Then there’s the supporting cast. Over the years, Peyton has enjoyed a wide assortment of non-diva receivers who understand that the quarterback is in charge, and that they should say or do nothing to undermine that. From Marvin Harrison to Reggie Wayne to Marcus Pollard to Dallas Clark to Pierre Garçon to a more recent revolving door of no-name pass-catchers, Peyton has never had to deal demanding, demonstrative skill-position players.

In San Francisco, he’d be throwing to the passionate and at times mercurial Vernon Davis. To Michael Crabtree, who never has done nearly enough to come close to justifying his opinion of himself. To Randy Moss, whose name requires no further elaboration.

None of this mean that Manning will say no to the Niners. In the end, he may decide to take a chance on co-existing with Harbaugh and Davis and Crabtree and Moss. The desire to win a Super Bowl can blur those otherwise bright warning signs, as we saw three years ago when obsessive-compulsive micromanager Brad Childress embraced close-your-eyes-and-wing-it quarterback Brett Favre.

Harbaugh is willing to do it, possibly because others within the organization are making the call, and possibly because Harbaugh once found a way to work with Mike Ditka. Besides, Harbaugh desperately wants to win, and he knows that Peyton Manning gives him a far better chance than Alex Smith. The bigger question is whether Manning thinks that going to the team with the most talent supersedes going to an organization with a much greater inclination to let him be the guy he was in Indianapolis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

this. why anyone thinks Manning and Harbaugh can coexist is loony.

Meh, I was going to say something about this yesterday but I figured why? Let the Omane meltdown happen...

nothing to see here... all is well...

UberBroncoMan
03-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Vernon Davis and frank gore are in smiths camp. They do not like the way he's being treated. They have been smiths biggest fans for a while now.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AGhRYSxGMjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You so sure about that?