PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flynn - Plan B?

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Matt Flynn is apparently another hot commodity at QB. He's visited both Miami and Seattle, took nibbles from both and split. Might Denver be waiting in the wings should they miss out on Manning? If PM goes to the Titans, it looks like SF will bite their lip and re-sign Alex Smith, assuming he's not butt-hurt. If PM goes to the 49ers, then the Titans are good with either Hasselbeck or Locker for next season.

So why not Denver? Yes, he has a limited body of work in the NFL, but he's shown flashes and fits more into the traditional QB mold than we've seen with Tebow.

Are Flynn and his agent hanging back until they see where PM lands? And is there a feeling that Denver might pursue should they lose out on Manning?

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 09:09 AM
I would love to take a flyer on Flynn.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 09:13 AM
;)

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-18-2012, 09:15 AM
But, reading around this morning, they may be late getting into the Flynn party. His dad is saying he'll make a decision in the next couple days and apparently hit it off well in both of his visits. Denver would have had to made contact and had some sort of discussion with Flynn's people to even be on consideration at this stage of the game.

So I guess, all in all, eff me for writing all this.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 09:20 AM
;)

Scott Mitchell went to my hs in front of me and now is the hc there. He did have 1 great year.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Flynn's value is in a West Coast offense... something we don't run. You want to take a flyer and pay Kolb money to someone that has been in one system on a loaded offense? We saw what happend to Kolb when he had to transfer from a WC offense. NOT WORTH IT!!!

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Flynn is a non-starter, he is going to get overpaid and is not a fit at all for what we do.

elsid13
03-18-2012, 09:32 AM
He going to Miami. It is either Manning or Weeden for Denver

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Denver will go with Tebow if they don't sign Manning. Why?

Because he has 2yrs in the system and played well last year. They will expect him to be better this year....with the offseason to prepare and be coached up.

The Broncos will not get Manning. Their story will be:

We never lost confidence in Tim, but when a guy like Manning becomes available, we owe it to the team to kick the tires. Like we've said, every position is evaluated, including QB. We're going with Tim, we have confidence in him, and we feel good about our situation. We will however bring in guys to compete with Tim.

Watch.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Flynn is Kolb jr if he doesn't get into the right system for his talents. he knows exactly what he can do in Philbin's system and Philbin along with the Phins would be very comfortable with him as their QB.

i know the coaches made a offense to fit Tebow last season but i'm not sure they'd tailor a offense to fit a QB without the last name of Manning or Tebow.

lolcopter
03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Denver will go with Tebow if they don't sign Manning. Why?

Because he has 2yrs in the system and played well last year. They will expect him to be better this year....with the offseason to prepare and be coached up.

The Broncos will not get Manning. Their story will be:

We never lost confidence in Tim, but when a guy like Manning becomes available, we owe it to the team to kick the tires. Like we've said, every position is evaluated, including QB. We're going with Tim, we have confidence in him, and we feel good about our situation. We will however bring in guys to compete with Tim.

Watch.

Sadly, probably this

ayjackson
03-18-2012, 10:58 AM
So when are we signing Chad Henne?

Taco John
03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
"PFT’s Mike Florio has heard that the Broncos looked into the possibility of signing Matt Flynn, but Flynn wanted nothing to do with the no-win situation that is replacing Tebow in Denver, or competing with him in training camp."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/elways-quest-to-move-on-from-tebow-may-not-end-with-manning/

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I drafted Flynn for the Jets in the 7th round of the 2008 OM mock draft, so I should stay out of this discussion. ;D

Pony Boy
03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
I had a nightmare last night that the Browns drafted Blackmon with the first pick and Weeden with their 2nd and we traded Tebow to Jacksonville and signed Colt McCoy.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 11:12 AM
I had a nightmare last night that the Browns drafted Blackmon with the first pick and Weeden with their 2nd and we traded Tebow to Jacksonville and signed Colt McCoy.

Please stop dreaming! :spit: :)

Colt McCoy, yuck!

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
"PFT’s Mike Florio has heard that the Broncos looked into the possibility of signing Matt Flynn, but Flynn wanted nothing to do with the no-win situation that is replacing Tebow in Denver, or competing with him in training camp."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/elways-quest-to-move-on-from-tebow-may-not-end-with-manning/

uhhh in no part of Klis article does it mentioned that the Broncos looked into the possibility of signing Matt Flynn. It doesn't even mention Flynn. That's just speculation by PFT.

And if we were looking into the possibility of signing Flynn... well that makes us the Dolphins.. next team to be declared OUT of the race.

Archer81
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
It would require Denver contacting his agent and then actually being here when he visits. Apparently that is hard for EFX to do.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
;)

I was gonna go with a Kolb reference, but Mitchell works too.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 11:26 AM

What free agent in their right mind would want to walk into this mess?

WTG! EFX!!!

Bob's your Information Minister
03-18-2012, 11:29 AM
LOL at Matt Flynn helming an offense with Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Willis McGahee and Daniel Fells.

On a positive note, defensive coordinators won't know who to focus on.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
According to PFT, he was contacted but didn't want any part of this mess.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
LOL at Matt Flynn helming an offense with Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Willis McGahee and Daniel Fells.

On a positive note, defensive coordinators won't know who to focus on.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2eg5euq.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/bfett81

:thumbs:

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 11:35 AM

https://twitter.com/#!/bfett81

:thumbs:

Yeah Bob....we might be a mess and our FO might be run by incompetent douchebag egomaniac clowns, but at least they don't take pictures of themselves in bed wearing eyeshadow, there are some depths that Elway simply won't go to....so we've got that going for us...which is nice.

maher_tyler
03-18-2012, 11:37 AM
What free agent in their right mind would want to walk into this mess?

WTG! EFX!!!

Exactly! They know if they struggle, the FO will look into getting them replaced ASAP. The way they've mislead Tebow, what makes any FA or rookie QB even want to come here?

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 11:40 AM

What's with the notch out of your ear, Boob? One of your Brokeback lovers liked it a little too rough, eh?

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Exactly! They know if they struggle, the FO will look into getting them replaced ASAP. The way they've mislead Tebow, what makes any FA or rookie QB even want to come here?

If this plays out the way I think it's going to play out...

The front office really really really crapped the bed on this one...

;)

Archer81
03-18-2012, 11:47 AM
And on top of it all, we still dont know if Colquitt has the Punting job locked up.

Total fail.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
03-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Plan D, perhaps. Which will be better than the FA grade if it gets to that point.

Shananahan
03-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Hell no.

rugbythug
03-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Is this an Abortion Thread?

maher_tyler
03-18-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm sure we'll bring some guys up from the practice squad to compete...if we go into another season with Mays as our starting MLB i'm might punch a baby.

Pick Six
03-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Flynn had one good game. he is the "flavor of the month", in the same way Kolb was...