Taco John
03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm with the Denver Broncos

IHaveALight
03-18-2012, 12:13 AM
I believe that's option number 1.

Rolandftw
03-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't blindly support every decision the Broncos do. But if they felt they had a legitimate chance to get a first ballot HOF at QB AND that he had 3-5 years left in the tank, I dunno how anyone could blame them.

Tebow demanding a trade, if true, looks bad for him to be honest. So, if he wants out and Denver thinks it's best to accommodate him OR best to hold onto him, I'm okay either way.

I'd have liked to see Tebow get another full season as the starter. But I'm not sold on him being a good QB in this league.

errand
03-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Someone said it best when the Manning saga began.....you can tell the Bronco fans from the Tebow fans.

If you don't wanna be here, then gtfo of here...

razorwire77
03-18-2012, 12:19 AM
I like Tim Tebow the person. I would have liked to see the Tim Tebow project given another year. But that being said, when your coach doesn't have confidence in you and your GM, who is probably one of the 5 greatest quarterbacks of all time doesn't have confidence in you, maybe it's time for both parties to move on.

I root for the Denver Bronco football team, and as such I hope that EFX's strategy here works out. That being said, if Peyton just isn't that into us anymore, and Tebow says 'ppreciate that now trade me, what's plan B gonna be? We literally will have Adam Weber on the team and that's it.

IHaveALight
03-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Someone said it best when the Manning saga began.....you can tell the Bronco fans from the Tebow fans.

Despite all the Tebow bandwagon fans there are many life long die hard Broncos fans that Tebow won over.

IHaveALight
03-18-2012, 12:24 AM
I like Tim Tebow the person. I would have liked to see the Tim Tebow project given another year. But that being said, when your coach doesn't have confidence in you and your GM, who is probably one of the 5 greatest quarterbacks of all time doesn't have confidence in you, maybe it's time for both parties to move on.

I root for the Denver Bronco football team, and as such I hope that EFX's strategy here works out. That being said, if Peyton just isn't that into us anymore, and Tebow says 'ppreciate that now trade me, what's plan B gonna be. We literally will have Adam Weber on the team and that's it.

Yep and free agent targets fleeing like rats with the site of Beezer.

Archer81
03-18-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm a Bronco fan. Strange that we need declarative threads for that. As I have said, and will continue to say until Manning signs somewhere, I am ok with peanut head in a Broncos uni, as long as Tebow was retained. If both Manning and Tebow go...I'm not thrilled with it. And yet another offseason of the comedy that is our FO has me pissed. Elway the QB I'll support and argue for forever. Elway the GM is not giving me a whole lot to be happy about.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
03-18-2012, 12:30 AM
i am a Broncos fan first and foremost. i was before Tebow arrived and will be after he is gone, be it tomorrow or in 15 years. i don't particularly like the way the organization has handled the situation, considering the oddds were not certain that they'd even get Manning they should not have completely stonewalled Tebow, but regardless of my feelings on how this was handled i side with the team over the player.

Ratboy
03-18-2012, 12:32 AM

Yep.

ScottXray
03-18-2012, 12:39 AM

I am a Bronco fan...have been for over 45 years. I also want my team to
be a classy, and well run organisation.

This isn't all about Tebow, or Elway or Manning.

Getting Manning would be a coup for the team. A good move (depending on price).

There also were commitments made to a certain young QB ( in the press ) about his postion and role entering training camp this year. It would have been simple courtesy to talk to him BEFORE going after another QB, even one with Mannings credentials. Not to say he had any real say in the decision , but just to let him know it was not personal or a knock on his ability , just an unusual situation that was an opportunity.

If they didn't do that, it shows a decided lack of class and undermines all the trust that Elway was ( supposedly ) trying to build with that QB during last seasons media screwup and blitz on every Elway comment and word.

Since Tebow has been silent in the press about this from the start, it is unlikely that they gave him that courtesy. I don't think he would feel badly about playing behind Manning, if he had been told beforehand, and may have been supportive of the effort. Instead he has said bupkus.

This almost exactly parallels the Cutler / Cassell / McDaniels communication breakdown, super screw up, that ended up costing us Cutlers services. Except Cutler started whining in the press almost immediately

This is supposed to be a mature staff that shouldn't be making this kind of mistake!

Face it, this is not EFX being consistent or honorable. I expected better out of the FO , and they have let me ( a fan) down.

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 12:46 AM
25 year fan who knew next to nothing about TT until he became a Bronco.

Now he's my guy. He's been purposely put in the ****tiest possible situations. And smiled and sweat his way through it. The guy is a force of sheer determination.

And EFX are wiping their asses with him. So long as the EFX way represents the Broncos, I ride with Timmy.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 01:01 AM
I am with Greek that mother ****er can fight!

Navy Broncos Fan
03-18-2012, 01:20 AM
I have been a Denver Broncos fan my entire life. I will support the team no matter who is at qb, but in my opinion the front office made a major mistake in chasing Manning. If we get him and win the Superbowl, I will feel I was wrong. Anything short of that is a let down.

We are not Peyton Manning away from winning the Superbowl, even with Manning we will still be in a dogfight to win the West.

We had an energetic young qb, who changed the atmosphere surrounding the Broncos. He put butts in the seats at stadiums, he sold merchandise, he put the Broncos on TV, he put hope in our hearts again. He led this team to the playoffs and put some Ws on the board.

Notice I didn't say he is better than Manning, because it would be foolish to say he is at this point. With the money it will take to sign Peyton we could shore up holes in the defense and offense as well as adding more youth and energy to this team.

We may not have had the hottest girl at the dance, but we brought her. Saw a pretty one standing in the corner alone and chased after her with a pack of other horny dogs. If she doesn't go home with us you think the girl we brought is going to be happy?

Taco John
03-18-2012, 01:32 AM
The Orange Mane since free agency started:

http://i.imgur.com/lnwLD.gif

Arkie
03-18-2012, 06:41 AM
I support the Broncos, and I hope EFX are successful. I'm a Tebow fan if he's a Bronco. I must admit that last season was the most fun since the SB years. I don't think he sucks just because he doesn't want to be in Denver.

Pony Boy
03-18-2012, 08:33 AM

Punisher
03-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm with the Seattle Super Sonics

chanesaw
03-18-2012, 08:43 AM
I have been a Bronco fan for over 25 years, and I will be one long after Tebow quits playing, but I would be on Tim's side of this scuffle. He hasn't received the support that he has earned from our front office and coaching staff. It seems like EFX screws up everything that is Tebow related. I have become a huge Tebow fan and love seeing him in a Bronco's uniform, but part of me thinks it would be better for him to be traded to a team that will at least give him a fair shake.

bpc
03-18-2012, 08:50 AM

Another fan police thread?

Blue and orange are my colors. The Broncos are my team. I won't hesitate to call guys out for screwing up though and Bowlen seems to be cheap, broke, and EFX spinning their wheels on improving which is what we are currently watching go on with our franchise. We have holes at HB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, and DB along w/ 40 million dollars in cap space. How have we not made but one old addition to the team?

I do appreciate a lot of what Tebow brings to the table and like others have said, last year was the best time i've had in a few years as a broncos fan. HOWEVER, Elway has earned my trust as a player and competitor so if he thinks Tebow isn't the guy, be bold, let's cut bait now and just move on. We've yet to see the Duke stand up and take that initiative though despite all of his actions supporting this mentality. I for one don't blame anybody for looking at Manning. I have the utmost respect for the guy as a competitor and player. If we miss on him however, we will have sent this team completely in the opposite direction morally with the first week of free agency and we've let a lot of talent escape that could have boosted this roster.

Kaylore
03-18-2012, 10:19 AM

Me too, though I'm pretty luke-warm on Xanders.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm going with the "Hotrod is a douche" option.

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm going with I like the Broncos even more if they ship Tebow away.

It sucks because I'd be really intrigued to see if he can ever turn it around but the Tebow worship is just too much for me. It's a circus. I want him gone.

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 11:14 AM
I just saw this on PFT:

The problem is that most free agent quarterbacks aren’t going to want to step into a situation where they’re viewed by the Tebowmaniacs in Denver as the guy who was brought in to push Tebow out. PFT’s Mike Florio has heard that the Broncos looked into the possibility of signing Matt Flynn (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4949/matt-flynn), but Flynn wanted nothing to do with the no-win situation that is replacing Tebow in Denver, or competing with him in training camp.

LOL

Even other players see the circus and want no part of it.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 11:18 AM
This isn't a dispute between Tebow and the Denver Broncos. This is a dispute between Tebow and the FO. The FO isn't the Broncos. The Broncos are the 53 guys that suit up on Sunday in the fall, nothing more and nothing less. I know whose side I'm on and it sure as hell isn't EFX's. Flag waving has never accomplished anything.

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 11:21 AM
I just saw this on PFT:

The problem is that most free agent quarterbacks aren’t going to want to step into a situation where they’re viewed by the Tebowmaniacs in Denver as the guy who was brought in to push Tebow out. PFT’s Mike Florio has heard that the Broncos looked into the possibility of signing Matt Flynn (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4949/matt-flynn), but Flynn wanted nothing to do with the no-win situation that is replacing Tebow in Denver, or competing with him in training camp.

LOL

Even Manning would have to see it as a factor.

Chris
03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
****ty options designed to polarise. It's not black and white.

Que
03-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Despite my avatar, this isn't a Tebow thing. I would and still do prefer signing Manning and trading Tebow to Jax for their number 1. It could happen....

What pisses me off is that this FO seems to have frittered away the offseason with the foresight of Mr Magoo. We don't sign Manning and all we have managed to do is take a big step back in the offseason by pissing off our starting QB and missing any quality defensive line talent. Nice work gentlemen. Sign Manning and all is forgiven. Wiff on him and you are worthless drunks, pizza boys, failed coaches and a guy way out of his league.

razorwire77
03-18-2012, 03:22 PM
This isn't a dispute between Tebow and the Denver Broncos. This is a dispute between Tebow and the FO. The FO isn't the Broncos. The Broncos are the 53 guys that suit up on Sunday in the fall, nothing more and nothing less. I know whose side I'm on and it sure as hell isn't EFX's. Flag waving has never accomplished anything.

That's what happens when you deal with subordinates in a passive aggressive fashion. Despite being a cultural icon to many, Tim Tebow is still EFX's subordinate. Elway should have had a sit down meeting with Tim prior to this entire Manning circus playing out and said "Look we're never going to question your heart or your desire to win. However, we're not sure your current style of play is conductive to the type of long term winning strategy that we're looking for. We love your competitiveness and invite you to compete for the starting quarterback position for the Denver Broncos. However, as with all possessions on the team, we are constantly striving to get better."

That's all they had to do. If Timmy got butt-hurt and demanded a trade after a conversation like that, then you cut your losses and deal him to the Jags and move on. Then it becomes an issue with him and his ego.

It's a really simple common sense way of dealing with the people that work for you. This is what Bill Belichick does, despite being a pretty questionable human being, and it's something that Elway and company have really seemed to screw up in this situation.

NUB
03-18-2012, 03:24 PM
I've hated almost every single move the Denver Broncos have made as an organization for the past half-decade.

Still love 'em no matter what, but I'm not the type to so easily accept anything that is done.

bpc
03-18-2012, 03:47 PM
That's what happens when you deal with subordinates in a passive aggressive fashion. Despite being a cultural icon to many, Tim Tebow is still EFX's subordinate. Elway should have had a sit down meeting with Tim prior to this entire Manning circus playing out and said "Look we're never going to question your heart or your desire to win. However, we're not sure your current style of play is conductive to the type of long term winning strategy that we're looking for. We love your competitiveness and invite you to compete for the starting quarterback position for the Denver Broncos. However, as with all possessions on the team, we are constantly striving to get better."

That's all they had to do. If Timmy got butt-hurt and demanded a trade after a conversation like that, then you cut your losses and deal him to the Jags and move on. Then it becomes an issue with him and his ego.

It's a really simple common sense way of dealing with the people that work for you. This is what Bill Belichick does, despite being a pretty questionable human being, and it's something that Elway and company have really seemed to screw up in this situation.

You hit the nail on the head. I never had a problem necessarily with McD until he showed a unruly character trait to thumb his nose at anybody like he should need to openly communicate. It was his way or the high way and who the **** are you to question it. Hence all the patriot moves we made, stupid draft picks, draft trades, one after another, the cutler ordeal, the marshall ordeal, on and on and on.

I hate to say it but Elway/FX tried to devert from that with his twitter access to the fan but his comments, actions, non-verbal communications this year have crept him into the same boat that McDaniels was in. To blast Tebow, then pick him up was merely a facade IMO and he's been playing the fans for dummies. He keeps saying he wants Tim here but 90% of actions say he does not. So instead of having balls and just letting the fans know it, he's backdooring his way around with what he's doing. Folks don't like that. Doesn't show well to the masses or the players. I don't blame anybody for trying to sign Manning but at least he could have approached the situation respectfully. Hell, John is a salesman, he could have SOLD Tebow on the opportunity to learn form a Manning AND himself. Instead, he put the kid out in the cold and basically gave him the finger by not corresponding with him. Tebow hasn't heard anything from EFX since the Manning deal began... very McDaniel'esq.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
25 year fan who knew next to nothing about TT until he became a Bronco.

Now he's my guy. He's been purposely put in the ****tiest possible situations. And smiled and sweat his way through it. The guy is a force of sheer determination.

And EFX are wiping their asses with him. So long as the EFX way represents the Broncos, I ride with Timmy.

I'll always be a Bronco fan first, so I can't quite say that (I went with the third option, though the Griese part is dumb). But I will say that the way EFX have handled him makes me sick. Why is it so hard to give the guy some time to develop? Why can't we be patient with a guy who has shown so much upside? And why can't we commit to developing a young QB in general?

What a ****ing mess...

HighCountryBronco
03-18-2012, 03:59 PM
As many on here have said, I am a die hard Bronco fan first, but since Tebow came here I have also become a big fan of him, on and off the field. The way EFX has handled him in all this Manning stuff is not very professional. If it is in fact true that they have not contacted him, I think that is B.S. business practice. I am starting to get pissed off at the way EFX and Manning have held this team hostage thus far in FA, interesting and frustrating to see what happens next.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Even Manning would have to see it as a factor.

He might've also learned that they hadn't even talked to Tebow about him possibly coming to Denver. If so, does anyone not think that would make Manning second guess the idea? I guarantee you few QB's are going to miss that kind of treatment of another in the fraternity of signal callers, and even fewer are going to be comfortable with it. And really how ironic would it be if they missed out on Manning because of the way they've been treating Tebow?

So much stupid running this franchise. Really, it boggles the mind.

HighCountryBronco
03-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah, I went with the Tebow option, because I thought the Brian Griese part was dumb as well. I am too pissed to go with EFX right now.

NFLBRONCO
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I will always love the Broncos regardless. I'm not in sky is falling mode either.

I do think we need these things to happen to get better.

1. Need a new owner with Billions of dollars. This Rockies way totally won't work anymore.

2. Not a great sign when outside media always talk about drama in Denver not about the team getting better.

3. Tebow- Best thing for all parties is if he's gone this offseason. The Tebowmania is ruining us. FO don't want him why drag this on and on.

4. I'm cool with Elway and Fox right now. Xanders no clue

5. We need a blockbuster move that pays off (ie Elway Manning Luck trade up #1 pick in draft as examples) or we will be spinning our wheels for a long time.

spdirty
03-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Basically I'm pissed at both of em. Thought I'd never get pissed at Elway but I am. Assuming we don't land Manning, (And if I were Manning, Denver would be 3rd on my list) we had better have one hell of a draft. I mean like 2006 good in terms of finding talent. Or this will be 2010 all over again. No DT, no middle linebacker, no corner, probably worst starting center in the league, worthless at running back. Most cap room in the league but not spending. Just sucks right now.

I'd have a hard time renewing if I were still a season ticket holder.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I will always love the Broncos regardless. I'm not in sky is falling mode either.

I do think we need these things to happen to get better.

1. Need a new owner with Billions of dollars. This Rockies way totally won't work anymore.

2. Not a great sign when outside media always talk about drama in Denver not about the team getting better.

3. Tebow- Best thing for all parties is if he's gone this offseason. The Tebowmania is ruining us. FO don't want him why drag this on and on.

4. I'm cool with Elway and Fox right now. Xanders no clue

5. We need a blockbuster move that pays off (ie Elway Manning Luck trade up #1 pick in draft as examples) or we will be spinning our wheels for a long time.

Wow, you are dumb.

Powderaddict
03-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I like turkey pot pie

chrisp
03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
The problem with the current situation is that what we know - or what we think we know - is powered solely by rumour and speculation.

We can read the true situation over the next few weeks by looking at the facts as they become known. Unfortunately this will require patience, a virtue that is hard to come by at the best of times, but in the offseason.....

However, the situation is thus: firstly, Tebow has zero leverage - he's under contract - so if the Broncos want to keep him they can. They had to expect that the pursuit of manning might unsettle him, so assuming we fail to land Manning they will either go

"aw shucks, we never knew this would upset you so much (yeah right) yes of course we will agree to a trade..."

or they will go

"Come on, he's one of the greatest ever, we still believe in you" and bring him into camp as the starter. The situation can be mended.

I was genuinely looking forward to seeing what Tebow could do with a full offseason of starter reps, but honestly, if the FO feel that he's not the guy I have some sympathy. As the winning streak came to an end it started to look like he was being 'found out' and we limped into the playoffs. Generally speaking, offensive production was putrid and if the defense didn't dominate we got blown out. The pittsburgh game was an ecstatically-pleasant surprise, and yet we go to Foxboro in the next round and show that we learned nothing by getting hammered yet again. To this day I can't shake off a feeling that Pittsburgh were just too pig-headed about their own defensive superiority to follow the Bellicheck blueprint.

All I'm trying to say here, is that it is a genuinely tough call.

Have we really seen enough to say Tebow is the guy? As a fan you can just follow your gut instinct and say 'hell yeah' but if you're running the franchise you have to do a more solid and thorough evaluation. And what do you do if that evaluation means that you think he is NOT the guy? That puts you in a really tough spot with Tebow's evangelical following.

I definitely think Elway is a true rookie when it comes to the PR aspect. However I also think that should probably be priority #97b on his top-100 do-list. Priority #1 is finding the right coaches and players and getting the franchise headed in the right direction. In that respect, you have to say he's graded out well in the first year. He got a team that was truly dreadful the year before back into the playoffs, whoat more could you genuinely have asked for? Can he keep it up? That's the big question, but i think its reasonable to give him the benefit of the not-inconsiderable doubt, at least for the next few months. He's earned just a little bit of trust as far as I'm concerned. They just need to win next year. Winning solves everything, so if they find a formula to do that , we'll be fine.

NFLBRONCO
03-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Wow, you are dumb.

Thanks

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I just saw this on PFT:

LOL

I wonder....and this just huge speculation for the sake of conversation....but, I wonder if the Broncos cut Timmy, if that would be the deciding factor for Manning and other big free agents?

BroncoMan4ever
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
I am a Bronco fan...have been for over 45 years. I also want my team to
be a classy, and well run organisation.

This isn't all about Tebow, or Elway or Manning.

Getting Manning would be a coup for the team. A good move (depending on price).

There also were commitments made to a certain young QB ( in the press ) about his postion and role entering training camp this year. It would have been simple courtesy to talk to him BEFORE going after another QB, even one with Mannings credentials. Not to say he had any real say in the decision , but just to let him know it was not personal or a knock on his ability , just an unusual situation that was an opportunity.

If they didn't do that, it shows a decided lack of class and undermines all the trust that Elway was ( supposedly ) trying to build with that QB during last seasons media screwup and blitz on every Elway comment and word.

Since Tebow has been silent in the press about this from the start, it is unlikely that they gave him that courtesy. I don't think he would feel badly about playing behind Manning, if he had been told beforehand, and may have been supportive of the effort. Instead he has said bupkus.

This almost exactly parallels the Cutler / Cassell / McDaniels communication breakdown, super screw up, that ended up costing us Cutlers services. Except Cutler started whining in the press almost immediately

This is supposed to be a mature staff that shouldn't be making this kind of mistake!

Face it, this is not EFX being consistent or honorable. I expected better out of the FO , and they have let me ( a fan) down.

what courtesy? what else could Elway say about Tebow's role after the season? aside from a practice squad guy he was the only QB who was under contract. of course he was going to be the starter going to camp. no one at that time knew for sure Manning would get released and even if they did, no one knew that Manning would be interested in Denver.

him calling Tim the starter was just a tossed bone to the Tebow knob slobbers so they would shut the **** up for awhile. it was also said since the season ended, we will bring in QBs for depth and to push for the starting job. no one has a safe job that isn't up for grabs.

EFX have been consistent in everything they said.

Tebow was the starter heading to camp because he was the only guy who could be starter at the time. no one knew Maning would be free and if he was would be interested in Denver. because of that you can't fault an organization fir kicking the tires on quite possibly the greatest QB in history.

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 10:26 PM
I wonder....and this just huge speculation for the sake of conversation....but, I wonder if the Broncos cut Timmy, if that would be the deciding factor for Manning and other big free agents?

The problem, as I see it, is that nobody wants to intentionally upset the Golden Horde of Tebow fans. Tebow fans have so much influence on this situation just as they did when Orton was the starter. The only person who could unseat Tebow and not have Elway's legacy tarnished is someone with a name like Manning. Anyone less and the Horde wont have it. If they cut Tebow outright, the people would scream about them throwing away such value over a vendetta or a pissing contest.

Come to think of it, the best thing that could happened to the Broncos (if they truly want out of the Timmy Project) would be him asking for a trade. They can defend the move because it's Peyton Manning and Tebow loses some ground with the loyal Broncos fans.

ScottXray
03-19-2012, 12:18 AM
what courtesy? what else could Elway say about Tebow's role after the season? aside from a practice squad guy he was the only QB who was under contract. of course he was going to be the starter going to camp. no one at that time knew for sure Manning would get released and even if they did, no one knew that Manning would be interested in Denver.

him calling Tim the starter was just a tossed bone to the Tebow knob slobbers so they would shut the **** up for awhile. it was also said since the season ended, we will bring in QBs for depth and to push for the starting job. no one has a safe job that isn't up for grabs.

EFX have been consistent in everything they said.

Tebow was the starter heading to camp because he was the only guy who could be starter at the time. no one knew Maning would be free and if he was would be interested in Denver. because of that you can't fault an organization fir kicking the tires on quite possibly the greatest QB in history.

You are so wrong about so many things...but the bold above is the point...

He said that to the press! Whether it was to quiet fans or not is irrelevant. Tebow was goinjg off what the Broncos brass said, publically.

Why he said it doesn't matter. Who else was or wasn't on the team doesn't matter. Elway should have had the courtesy to tell Tebow what they were doing , and why Before he read about in twitter or saw it on ESPN.

Only a complete bunch of jerks , or an incompetent personnel manager would have done it this way. It doesn't take much of any effort to make a phone call, and failing that leave a message, or send an e-mail if you just can't reach him , or talk to his agent.

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 01:17 AM
You are so wrong about so many things...but the bold above is the point...

He said that to the press! Whether it was to quiet fans or not is irrelevant. Tebow was goinjg off what the Broncos brass said, publically.

Why he said it doesn't matter. Who else was or wasn't on the team doesn't matter. Elway should have had the courtesy to tell Tebow what they were doing , and why Before he read about in twitter or saw it on ESPN.

Only a complete bunch of jerks , or an incompetent personnel manager would have done it this way. It doesn't take much of any effort to make a phone call, and failing that leave a message, or send an e-mail if you just can't reach him , or talk to his agent.

Are you under the impression that you're aware of all the dealings and conversations that occur in private between Tebow and the front office?

Fedaykin
03-19-2012, 01:21 AM
I don't really think this is true, but if it is it's pretty sad.

It'd be like me (computer professional) getting butthurt because my employer made a play for Wozniack, Turning, Von Neumann, etc.

I ain't no Woz, and Teebs ain't no PM.

55CrushEm
03-19-2012, 07:14 AM
I don't blindly support every decision the Broncos do. But if they felt they had a legitimate chance to get a first ballot HOF at QB AND that he had 3-5 years left in the tank, I dunno how anyone could blame them.

Tebow demanding a trade, if true, looks bad for him to be honest. So, if he wants out and Denver thinks it's best to accommodate him OR best to hold onto him, I'm okay either way.

I'd have liked to see Tebow get another full season as the starter. But I'm not sold on him being a good QB in this league.

Every word here. Totally agree. Especially the last sentence....because I just think it's a bad move to cut bait with a guy before we are ABSOLUTELY SURE he won't improve. I've said several times....if he didn't improve after one more year, and having a full offseason with the 1st stringers.....then I'd be totally fine with moving on.

ScottXray
03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Are you under the impression that you're aware of all the dealings and conversations that occur in private between Tebow and the front office?

Broncos FO has said to the press ( early on in this cluster f***...not sure about now) that they have had NO contact with Tebow. Since you believe everything they say, is that good enough?

That One Guy
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Broncos FO has said to the press ( early on in this cluster ****...not sure about now) that they have had NO contact with Tebow. Since you believe everything they say, is that good enough?

That says nothing about whether they alerted him in advance, though. Obviously even if they made a courtesy call, they're just invigorating the Tebow fanbase if they acknowledge he does kinda have leverage in this. Finally, your comment also speaks to some claim that he only knows his standing in the organization by way of what he reads on Twitter. You don't know if elway was more blunt in private but wanted to avoid getting the horde riled up unnecessarily.

Alkazar
03-19-2012, 10:57 AM

This type of idiocy is why I took a three year sabaticle. So let me get this straight Errand, either you blindly believe in everything Elway and the Broncos front office does or you're not a true Bronco fan???? There is no room for individual thought and intelligence except what comes out of the Bronco's front office? Hmmm.......ok...........for you that is. Not for me. I'm not entirely sold on Tebow, but I think he gives us the best chances long term, than a washed up, defunct, and questionable QB like Manning who could turn into one of the biggest locker room cancers we've ever seen. He's just a Primadonna.

IHaveALight
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
John F'n Elway puts Bud Adams in his place and averts nuclear fallout!

http://www.shmoop.com/media/images/large/jfk-khrushchev.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oY1aqaEsmRs/TuT7WkSpV8I/AAAAAAAAFNM/HgMAKUVIqGY/s640/the-twist-2.jpg