PDA

View Full Version : Mario Manningham signed

Rascal
03-17-2012, 10:06 PM
No not us, silly, that would require us to do something.

49'ers sign Mario Manningham. Wow. What a WR core.

If Peyton wants a championship I can't see how he won't sign with them.

This has turned into a complete cluster ****.

Tombstone RJ
03-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Because it's been posted so many times, it truly needs it's own thread.

Broncojef
03-17-2012, 10:12 PM
No not us, silly, that would require us to do something.

49'ers sign Mario Manningham. Wow. What a WR core.

If Peyton wants a championship I can't see how he won't sign with them.

This has turned into a complete cluster ****.

Good for them nice to seem somebody in command during the off-season. I have a hard time believing this isn't very attractive to Manning. The Broncos seem to be fixated on Manning while the rest of the team is in shambles. Gonna be a long year IMO.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
In fairness Elway tried his best to get harbaugh. All harbaugh wanted to do was cross the bay bridge.

SouthStndJunkie
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
The 49ers will have Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, and Mario Manningham....pretty intriguing trio.

Throw in Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, and Vernon Davis and you have even more talent and mismatches.

Peyton Manning could do a lot with that and that road grading offensive line of theirs.

Tombstone RJ
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
check out the post date: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104217

Tombstone RJ
03-17-2012, 10:18 PM
In case no one has heard: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104216

UberBroncoMan
03-17-2012, 10:20 PM
I've had it.

Our ****ing FO is ****ing pathetic.

The 49er's and the Titans make moves. What the **** do we do?

Not a god damn mother****ing thing.

Chargers and Chiefs make big upgrades.

What do we do? Not a god damn mother****ing thing!

We have 15 mill more cap than either team and we still don't do a mother****ing thing.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THIS ****ING TEAM

You want Manning but you show no ****ing initiative to better the team. Who the **** do you think I'd chose? Definitely not the ****ing Broncos.

What the **** has become of us since the late 90's.

**** YOU EFX and **** YOU BOWLEN.

Chasing a ****ing HOF QB doesn't ****ing handcuff your ****ing ability to make improvements in FA when you have 40 ****ing million dollars in cap space!

Tombstone RJ
03-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I've had it.

We have 15 mill more cap than either team and we still don't do a mother****ing thing.

You want Manning but you show no ****ing initiative to better the team. Who the **** do you think I'd chose? Definitely not the ****ing Broncos.

Chasing a ****ing HOF QB doesn't ****ing handcuff your ****ing ability to make improvements in FA.

don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel

lonestar
03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
I've had it.

Chasing a ****ing HOF QB doesn't ****ing handcuff your ****ing ability to make improvements in FA.

Wow you really need to take a chill pill..

What happened in teh late 90's we won two supre bowls and IF mikey would have had his team prepared for teh JAX game might have won tree in a row..

then he started spending Pats money like a drunken sailor on a weekend pass in Singapore and won ONE playoff game after all of those rings..\\ PAt has throttled back the wild spending unless we have a sure thing HOF QB to go with these other players..

Do we need manninham?

We have loads of WR talent being developed as we speak.. Now if you were pissed about not signing a Recieeving TE tath could actually block I could understand it..

But unless we get pass hapy by siging Manning mannigham would be as worthless as a teat on a boar in Foxes offense..

as for Willaims would have been a great sign but to rich for our blood..

When we start losing Bunkley and Thomas or other starters on D then I will worry..

until Mannig signs somewhere why waste money..

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I've had it.

Chasing a ****ing HOF QB doesn't ****ing handcuff your ****ing ability to make improvements in FA when you have 40 ****ing million dollars in cap space!

This is like poetry to me.

Beautiful post, man. That's Robert Frost type greatness. :strong:

Kid A
03-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I share some of the concerns on here about how inactive we've been, but I do have an honest question:

A guy like Manningham would obviously love to play with Peyton...but would also probably be okay catching from Alex Smith. Do you think he would consider signing with Denver if he didn't know for sure Peyton was coming and that there was a solid chance his QB would be Tebow? I just see no way of us landing any WRs pre-Peyton.

Now in terms of defense, there's less of an excuse. There's a lot of FA to go and enough good options that we could still come out solid. But, even though I fall on the side of preferring patience in any FA year, I can understand how this has frayed some nerves as it corresponds to ManningWatch.

And, as has been stated elsewhere, the difference between Manning at QB vs Tebow/rookie draft pick is likely 4-5 wins - pretty much making the playoffs or missing them by a lot. People will debate that I'm sure, but I imagine that is where our FO stands too. And that explains a lot of their hesitance to pour in FA money until they have QB stabilized.

UberBroncoMan
03-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Wow you really need to take a chill pill..

What happened in teh late 90's we won two supre bowls and IF mikey would have had his team prepared for teh JAX game might have won tree in a row..

then he started spending Pats money like a drunken sailor on a weekend pass in Singapore and won ONE playoff game after all of those rings..\\ PAt has throttled back the wild spending unless we have a sure thing HOF QB to go with these other players..

Do we need manninham?

We have loads of WR talent being developed as we speak.. Now if you were pissed about not signing a Recieeving TE tath could actually block I could understand it..

But unless we get pass hapy by siging Manning mannigham would be as worthless as a teat on a boar in Foxes offense..

as for Willaims would have been a great sign but to rich for our blood..

When we start losing Bunkley and Thomas or other starters on D then I will worry..

until Mannig signs somewhere why waste money..

...my post had nothing to do with Manningham. It had to do with the fact that our team is run by inept **** tards who expect Manning to sign with a team that's done jack **** to become a Super Bowl contender while courting him. Meanwhile our competition continues to make moves to better themselves amidst the chase. So ask yourself...why is San Fran wasting their money resigning Carlos Rogers? Signing Manningham...even Perrish ****ing Cox.

DENVERDUI55
03-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I've had it.

Meltdown post of the year candidate. I love it.

OBF1
03-17-2012, 10:39 PM
So what are you trying to say???

Lestat
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
I've had it.

#winning :notworthy

OBF1
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
I've had it.

This is as good as any Survivor meltdown. REP

Lestat
03-17-2012, 10:44 PM
no this is better, this is akin to the Cleveland Browns fan video last season when he goes off and then says i'll see you Sunday.
This is as good as any Survivor meltdown. REP

cabronco
03-17-2012, 10:50 PM
I've had it.

Well this pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. I think alot of us are feeling this frustration, it's really unbelievable of how they manage to not do anything. Ok they signed some scrub free agent..wow. It feels like McD is still here trying to nuke the organization once and for all.

R8R H8R
03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
No respectable receiver will sign w/ Denver until and unless PM signs. I love Tebow, but that is probably a troubling fact until he shows consistency in the passing game.

Lestat
03-17-2012, 10:55 PM
If Tebow is the guy we need some slots and a play making TE badly.
gotta be able to do some dangerous things on bubble screens and etc.
No respectable receiver will sign w/ Denver until and unless PM signs. I love Tebow, but that is probably a troubling fact until he shows consistency in the passing game.

Old Dude
03-17-2012, 10:58 PM
With all this cap money, I think we have a good chance to lock up Dawkins long-term.

robbieopperude
03-17-2012, 11:00 PM
He's fairly garbage any who.

lonestar
03-17-2012, 11:19 PM
...my post had nothing to do with Manningham. It had to do with the fact that our team is run by inept **** tards who expect Manning to sign with a team that's done jack **** to become a Super Bowl contender while courting him. Meanwhile our competition continues to make moves to better themselves amidst the chase. So ask yourself...why is San Fran wasting their money resigning Carlos Rogers? Signing Manningham...even Perrish ****ing Cox.

They were one pass away from going to teh superbowl..

A few talented guys are going to make that difference something we are not that close to..

By anyones realistic eval of this team we suck and backed into the playoffs.

We have

a 3-4 year project at QB that is a Phenom at leadership a guy that inspired everyone around him to be better..
the OL need slots of help
the D was two yeas ago the worst in the NFL
going from 08 to 09 the D had 3 starting returnees..
our WRs are basically returning rookies.
TE are non exsitent.
DB except to Champ are not very good at this point.

those are just a few issues with this team.

Did you expect them all to be addressed in one or two years..

Last year were a total rebuild.. do you really think thowing the kitchen sink at it would fix all the problem this year..

Most of teh mercenaries are being weeded out of the talent pool..

there are loads of good to great starters taht will start to sign especailly after Manning makes a move..

I still beleive we will be diligent (unless we sign Mannning) and spend prudently.

Nothing I have heard out of DOve valley ahs led me to believe other wise..

Have you heard something I did not?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-17-2012, 11:22 PM
With all this cap money, I think we have a good chance to lock up Dawkins long-term.

And we can surely match any contract someone offers to Lance Ball.

R8R H8R
03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
If Tebow is the guy we need some slots and a play making TE badly.
gotta be able to do some dangerous things on bubble screens and etc.

We may have the TE's on the roster, but any wr's will probably have to be drafted.

Rohirrim
03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Hell, I want to sign with the Niners. :rofl:

Taco John
03-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Apparently this deal isn't real:

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Upon further review, @profootballtalk was first to report the news of Mario Manningham's deal in San Francisco. Ruling is reversed.

bowtown
03-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Manningham is barely an average receiver. He is lazy and has attitude problems. Please stop acting like us not signing him is the end of the world. I want nothing to do with him or the over inflated contract he's about to get. He will never play up to it.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Manningham is barely an average receiver. He is lazy and has attitude problems. Please stop acting like us not signing him is the end of the world. I want nothing to do with him or the over inflated contract he's about to get. He will never play up to it.

Manningham is a good #2 and a great #3. This is a great signing for san fran.

bowtown
03-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Manningham is a good #2 and a great #3. This is a great signing for san fran.

He's an average #2 and he is definitely a not signing for #3 money. He he's missed a lot of games with injuries. He's way more of a problem than he's worth. There's a reason the Giants aren't even attempting to re-sign the guy who just made the Superbowl winning catch for them.

Old Dude
03-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Other than DTs, wide receivers are the most overpaid, bust-prone and unreliable position in the NFL.

halfback
03-18-2012, 07:35 AM
If he signed there , it would take their cap number down that much more, how could they afford Peyton?

barryr
03-18-2012, 07:44 AM
He's an average #2 and he is definitely a not signing for #3 money. He he's missed a lot of games with injuries. He's way more of a problem than he's worth. There's a reason the Giants aren't even attempting to re-sign the guy who just made the Superbowl winning catch for them.

Because they already have 2 starters at WR in Nicks and Cruz and not wanting to pay the kind of money he wanted for a backup WR for them.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 08:49 AM

They are tight on money and have 2 starters that's why he didn't resign with them.

Captain 'Dre
03-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I've had it.

On the bright side, the Raiders are cutting players left and right, and have no cap space...

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 02:08 PM
I've had it.

you need some chocolate covered bacon

DBroncos4life
03-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Manningham felt he was under used with the Giants. Naturally he would sign with a team that has two better WRs then him and a really great TE.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
money talks...
Manningham felt he was under used with the Giants. Naturally he would sign with a team that has two better WRs then him and a really great TE.

BroncoBen
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
He's fairly garbage any who.

I don't know if I would say Manningham is garbage, but if he was so great why didn't the Giants try to keep him ?... ah.. because he was expendable.

So the 49ers have Crabtree, Moss and Manningham.. a underachiever, a old diva, and another Wr who made his name on one catch in a superbowl.

Scary...

cutthemdown
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
It's only going into the 2nd week of FA. Still players out there that could help us.

cutthemdown
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Manningham is a 3rd WR on a really good team, and a 2nd WR on a team like the Broncos. But are we really looking for a 2 or 3 right now? we can get that in the draft or even later in FA when more vets get cut for the rookies.

lonestar
03-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Watch out folks the sky is falling..

With every over priced UFA signed by someone else, the maroons will proclaim it even louder..

Be carefull out there.. You do not want to get hit by the sky..

Ronnie Tsunami
03-19-2012, 08:57 PM
*manning bump*

one man's quest to rid the first page of all excessive peyton related content

McDman
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
The Giants let him go for a reason. He really isn't that good.