PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Broncos no longer favorite for Manning.

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Uh Oh. Denver screwed the pooch on this entire offseason.

@MikeKlis

RT @GRowe_fighthype: @MikeKlis
Broncos still favorite for manning?
No. Gotta chance. No longer favorite.

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
The longer it went on, the less I liked it since as I stated before today that Manning would not want to have to tell Elway his organization is not close to a Super Bowl and wants to look him in the eye and be able to tell him someone else offered a better deal is all and we can stay friends. But we'll see, but I do not like their chances the more it lasts, but anything is still possible.

Smilin Assassin
03-17-2012, 07:39 PM
As of right now, they (the media) know what we know.

Given SF's run last year, and PM's roots in Tenn...It's not hard to come to the conclusion Denver is not the favorite.

Peyton is the only one that knows which way he is leaning. Regardless of anyone's 'sources'.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM

@MikeKlis

The tweets from Klis and Vic Lombardi and other Denver media was fast and furious before the trip Friday. Full of confidence too. After that it was dead silent. The media has been so up and down this week it was easy to say it was just not really knowing. I was saying that earlier today in fact.

But Klis had yet to waver on Broncos being favorites. This says a lot.

MVP-06
03-17-2012, 07:41 PM
I could care less what a half wit reporter thinks when it comes to personnel decisions.

razorwire77
03-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Denver had him, until they limp-dicked the money end and opened things back up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 07:48 PM
I could care less what a half wit reporter thinks when it comes to personnel decisions.

In Klis' case I would. He has been the only Reporter who had not wavered from Broncos being front runners until today. Apparently his comment eluding to a change in perception of the Broncos after the meeting yesterday was more serious than I have been debating about.

MVP-06
03-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Denver had him, until they limp-dicked the money end and opened things back up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Was there a report we came in cheap? I was under he assumption all 3 teams were around the 20 mil mark

oubronco
03-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Noone knows shyt

UberBroncoMan
03-17-2012, 07:54 PM
sounds like #seahawks may have interest in QB Alex Smith if the #49ers get #manning - don't be surprised if #broncos show interest too

Broncos getting Alex Smith?

Shoot me now.

oubronco
03-17-2012, 07:55 PM
sounds like #seahawks may have interest in QB Alex Smith if the #49ers get #manning - don't be surprised if #broncos show interest too

Shoot me now.

LOL

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:55 PM

Shoot me now.

Yikes.

Mogulseeker
03-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Given SF's run last year, and PM's roots in Tenn...It's not hard to come to the conclusion Denver is not the favorite.

Peyton is the only one that knows which way he is leaning. Regardless of anyone's 'sources'.

This is what I'm saying. It's Peyton's decision.

OBF1
03-17-2012, 07:58 PM
To be honest... If I were Peyton Manning and winning is what matters most (He is going to make his $20 mill anywhere he goes) I would go to San Francisco. There defense is light years ahead of Tennessee or Denvers, better coaching based on last years trip to the NFC championship game. They are by far the closest to heading to the superbowl than any other team he has talked to.

DENVERDUI55
03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
I think 49 ers have been talkin.g to him for awhile but low balled on money. Manning took to the road show using Denver and Arizona specifically to show them what he is worth. If he wants Superbowl san fran is a no brainer.

Chris
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM
To be honest... If I were Peyton Manning and winning is what matters most (He is going to make his $20 mill anywhere he goes) I would go to San Francisco. There defense is light years ahead of Tennessee or Denvers, better coaching based on last years trip to the NFC championship game. They are by far the closest to heading to the superbowl than any other team he has talked to.

and John Elway isn't their GM.

OBF1
03-17-2012, 08:21 PM
and John Elway isn't their GM.

That goes without saying LOL

maher_tyler
03-17-2012, 08:29 PM

Shoot me now.

I'd rather we take our chances on a rookie

barryr
03-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Heck, if the Broncos were to sign Alex Smith, it wouldn't be to compete for the job either since no way he would sign without assurance he is the starter so again Tebow would be wondering just where he stands with this organization. I guess he should be happy to backup Smith?

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 08:34 PM
still kinda sickens me the FAs they could have signed and STILL had money available for peyton. they literally let FA pass them by.

Lestat
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
well if nothing else we could definitely run the same O as with Tebow, albeit with more accuracy by Smith.

Shoot me now.

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
That's the kicker here but as Montrose and Klis have said we weren't going to be active anyway. They must see something in this roster that 90% of the fanbase dont see.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 08:46 PM
That's the kicker here but as Montrose and Klis have said we weren't going to be active anyway. They must see something in this roster that 90% of the fanbase dont see.

They are ****ing prophets then. (as dictated by Orange mane sentiment :))

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2012, 08:48 PM

A budget from a CHEAP owner that they are following to the letter. I guess Bowlen saw how Rockies do things and is following that model.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Mrs Manning clearly did not find good day care. I totally forgot about that rumor.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-17-2012, 09:12 PM
well if nothing else we could definitely run the same O as with Tebow, albeit with more accuracy by Smith.

I said this in another thread, and i just don't get it. Alex Smith is not good, but he's probably good enough to win you a handful of games. He won't be fun to watch, and he won't come for incredibly cheap.

What is the point to signing him? Give me ONE reason. We won't be good with him and it wont be entertaining.

LetsGoBroncos
03-17-2012, 09:18 PM

@MikeKlis

I said the first day this all started it was the wrong move. What a joke. Could have gone forward with Tebow and gotten better through free agency and the draft. Now we will take a huge step back. What a disaster.

robbieopperude
03-17-2012, 09:59 PM
I said the first day this all started it was the wrong move. What a joke. Could have gone forward with Tebow and gotten better through free agency and the draft. Now we will take a huge step back. What a disaster.

Like I have been saying for a while. We are a five win team this year with Tebow and John knows this. He took a shot at Peyton thinking that we could win the division for 3 or 4 more years and have a shot in the playoffs. Now you will see John build through the draft, Tebow's starting record is going to come back down to earth, and we will look at Barkley, Wilson, Jones in the first round of the draft. We will continue to build while we get our new 1st RD QB up to speed and make a run at the playoffs in 3 years or so.

ScottXray
03-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Like I have been saying for a while. We are a five win team this year with Tebow and John knows this. He took a shot at Peyton thinking that we could win the division for 3 or 4 more years and have a shot in the playoffs. Now you will see John build through the draft, Tebow's starting record is going to come back down to earth, and we will look at Barkley, Wilson, Jones in the first round of the draft. We will continue to build while we get our new 1st RD QB up to speed and make a run at the playoffs in 3 years or so.

If Bowlen has the patience to not fire Elway and co. before then.

The Denver and national press is going to be ruthless about who gets blamed for the mess that will result if Manning signs elsewhere and Tebow bolts. And Tebow will not be able to be painted as the bad guy too easily, if at all. There will be a lot of sympathy for his position, especially if they sprung the Manning move without telling him or his agent beforehand, after promising a starting role in camp.

If the seats start emptying due to lack of interest in a no talent, non competitive team, with MEHHHH management, Bowlen will make the simplest change he can do and fire the FO.

IHaveALight
03-17-2012, 11:08 PM

On top of this, what free agent in their right mind will want to sign on with Denver once Manning turns them down and Tebow requests a trade. :oyvey:

Wow, seriously epic fail.

ZONA
03-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Thank you. I find it funny how these media guys right now think they know who's the favorite and who's not. All Manning did this week was throw for a few teams to show he's healthy. Why even do that if you know already where you're going to play. Especially if it's TEN. Blank check waiting and all, I think he would have already signed with them if that's where he most wanted to go. We'll all know soon enough.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-18-2012, 12:51 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Manning-Elway

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16516718.jpg

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-18-2012, 01:34 AM
The Mannings are currently house shopping in the greater Denver area. I know the realtor who is helping them.

UberBroncoMan
03-18-2012, 01:44 AM
The Mannings are currently house shopping in the greater Denver area. I know the realtor who is helping them.

I doubt we're the only place they're doing that.

Drek
03-18-2012, 02:56 AM

How the **** were we a five win team at best next year? You do realize there is only a two game schedule difference between us and the rest of our division right? We won the division last year and had more fire power in terms of draft picks and draft picks with the fewest key pieces coming up on FA. Instead of building on that we've been pissing it all away.

This defense was ready to take the next step and finally be something consistently good. Then we could have really seen what Tebow can do. If it wasn't good enough then we ship him out and find someone else. Instead we're walking ourselves into a horrible season by actually seeing talent loss when we've got nearly $50M in cap room.

HILife
03-18-2012, 03:08 AM
Sigh. No Manning, no Tebow, 0-16 here we come. Wonder what qb will be available at #1

cutthemdown
03-18-2012, 03:25 AM
I just heard the Mannings did a google search on what areas of Denver have the best dog parks. But they also googled what place in San Fran has the best gay massage. So who knows probably just doing that in every city.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:08 AM

Right heard this rumor before too.

Boobs McGee
03-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Phone gonna die soon...but.

Last night, was hanging out with someone who works directly with a huge source of news. He said petting is coming to Denver. Right now he's just being a pro and going through the motions with other teams. Ya ya, lightrail, blah blah. But this is the same guy that told me about the Taco tebow news a month ago.

Boobs McGee
03-18-2012, 06:52 AM
*peyton

CEH
03-18-2012, 07:16 AM

What do you think Manning sees? I know it has to be more than a AFCW dividion title.

Stay the course. If Denver wasn't going to be a player on day one when all the CBs and WRs came off the board, but they are in the final 3 for what was 12+ teams wanting Peyton Manning (a true difference maker), I'm OK with this and FA.

Not a big fan that you have to sign a bunch of journeyman nont difference makers in FA to win.

I know Ronald Bartell had a neck injury but come on wasn't he a hot FA commity two years ago and signed a 4 yr $28MM contract and cut halfway through.

tsiguy96
03-18-2012, 07:20 AM
there is literally no body who knows where peyton is going.

CEH, i agree that them letting the big expensive names pass by is fine. but what about the less expensive, lesser known names that could have significantly improved this defense or help keep it atleast average, like mcclain, bunkley, myers etc. they just didnt touch FA in pursuit of manning.

CEH
03-18-2012, 07:49 AM
there is literally no body who knows where peyton is going.

CEH, i agree that them letting the big expensive names pass by is fine. but what about the less expensive, lesser known names that could have significantly improved this defense or help keep it atleast average, like mcclain, bunkley, myers etc. they just didnt touch FA in pursuit of manning.

I guess I'd say they have a value on every FA and have said they will not over spend. I know the Mane says the Oline sucks but I don't hold that opinion so I'm not sure Myers (Assume you meant Chris) or Winston would have been on their list anyways. Denver will let Bunkley test the market for his worth and act accordily. McClain has visited Denver. Anywhere else yet?

It's still about building through the draft. Most teams have 5 or 6 positions they are trying to upgrade and prioirtize accordingly. Ours just happens to be at QB for the biggest FA fish ever. I know this is really the main contetion. Forget Manning and bring in a couple journeyman FA who are slightly better than our current players . Terrenace Newman wasn't a difference maker for Dallas yet they kick him to the curb and spend big to replace him. This doesn't make sense to me. If the 5th overall pick couldn't get you over the top a cast off from KC will?

Smilin Assassin
03-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Was talking to a guy today, and he says Peyton is going to be a Bronco.

Truth be told, he's 6 and my nephew, (and I'm not sure he could name more than 5 teams) but he's never let me down before.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Alfred Williams

@eclipso23: @BigAlRadio @dmac1043 Shannon Sharpe is saying his sources say PM is goign to Titans, who do we draft? Weeden OSU Qb

;)

tsiguy96
03-18-2012, 08:02 AM
I guess I'd say they have a value on every FA and have said they will not over spend. I know the Mane says the Oline sucks but I don't hold that opinion so I'm not sure Myers (Assume you meant Chris) or Winston would have been on their list anyways. Denver will let Bunkley test the market for his worth and act accordily. McClain has visited Denver. Anywhere else yet?

It's still about building through the draft. Most teams have 5 or 6 positions they are trying to upgrade and prioirtize accordingly. Ours just happens to be at QB for the biggest FA fish ever. I know this is really the main contetion. Forget Manning and bring in a couple journeyman FA who are slightly better than our current players . Terrenace Newman wasn't a difference maker for Dallas yet they kick him to the curb and spend big to replace him. This doesn't make sense to me. If the 5th overall pick couldn't get you over the top a cast off from KC will?

it should be about building through the draft, but when you have 40 million dollars in cap space and an open FA period to help upgrade the team, your fanbase expects you to act accordingly. not sit idly by like better teams with deep rosters can afford to do.

CEH
03-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Alex Smith vising MIA today. Ploy becuase he's pissed or since they share the same agent inside info?

CEH
03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
it should be about building through the draft, but when you have 40 million dollars in cap space and an open FA period to help upgrade the team, your fanbase expects you to act accordingly. not sit idly by like better teams with deep rosters can afford to do.

My question would be

How did these better teams with deep rosters get like that?

I think we have the coaches to coach up a player ala Franklin so at some point you have to trust your scouting department or look to replace your scouting dept.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Alex Smith vising MIA today. Ploy becuase he's pissed or since they share the same agent inside info?

9ers would get kick in note if smith signs elsewhere and manning goes to Tennessee.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 08:07 AM
My question would be

How did these better teams with deep rosters get like that?

Draft and franchise qb makes players look better than they are.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Klis knows nothing, his long string of tweets have conclusively proven that he is talking out of his ass.

jbiel
03-18-2012, 08:12 AM

Is Mrs. Manning also asking about the local spas?

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Is Mrs. Manning also asking about the local spas?

Local rub and tugs I hear.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 08:25 AM
bunch of hypocrites... when Klis is tweeting that we were the FAV.... everyone here argues how he has conections and trust him. But once he turns the tide.. then he is a figure like Spano.

If this is true... Peyton will be a Titan or 49er...

Alex Smith (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3119/alex-smith) is tired of waiting around for the 49ers to learn whether they’ve won the Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning) sweepstakes. So Smith is looking elsewhere.
Smith will visit the Dolphins today, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Sigh. No Manning, no Tebow, 0-16 here we come. Wonder what qb will be available at #1

We might not be very good with Tim anyway unless he vastly improves. You can only defy trends for so long

Broncoman13
03-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Here is an analogy of how I see this whole thing working with Peyton Manning:

EFX take Pat Bowlen to get a new car, Pat wants something nice so they go to look at Bentleys.

EFX, "Pat, it's going to cost you about $100k to get this car, its nice!"

Pat, "No way, lets offer $30k. After all, I am the Broncos owner."

EFX, "Pat, they're not going to take that offer, they know they can sell it... cars like this don't come along very often."

Pat, "Offer them the $30k, you will see they'll think about it and realize that its good enough and they get to sell it to me... I am the Broncos owner!"

EFX, "Okay Pat, it's been a week and we haven't heard anything and lots of people are looking at this car now."

Pat, "Go test drive it to let them know we're serious... maybe offer a little bit more but don't go over $40k."

EFX, "Pat, other people are offering $80k for that car."

Pat, "Oh well, work on selling my car. I'll figure out which car I want to buy later."

EFX, "Pat, the cars that you want will all be gone by that time."

Pat, "Don't bother me right now. I am relaxing with my 12 year old scotch."

About how this Peyton Manning thing has played out.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 10:42 AM
bunch of hypocrites... when Klis is tweeting that we were the FAV.... everyone here argues how he has conections and trust him. But once he turns the tide.. then he is a figure like Spano.

The minute Klis said we weren't front runner I knew it was trouble.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 10:45 AM

EFX take Pat Bowlen to get a new car, Pat wants something nice so they go to look at Bentleys.

EFX, "Pat, they're not going to take that offer, they know they can sell it... cars like this don't come along very often."

Pat, "Offer them the $30k, you will see they'll think about it and realize that its good enough and they get to sell it to me... I am the Broncos owner!"

EFX, "Okay Pat, it's been a week and we haven't heard anything and lots of people are looking at this car now."

Pat, "Go test drive it to let them know we're serious... maybe offer a little bit more but don't go over $40k."

Pat, "Oh well, work on selling my car. I'll figure out which car I want to buy later."

Ahahahaha...this is great, man.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Pat: bread makes me poop. YAY!!!

Crushaholic
03-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Phone gonna die soon...but.

Last night, was hanging out with someone who works directly with a huge source of news. He said petting is coming to Denver. Right now he's just being a pro and going through the motions with other teams. Ya ya, lightrail, blah blah. But this is the same guy that told me about the Taco tebow news a month ago.

It's interesting that your autocorrect said "petting" for Peyton. That's actually the way I feel. It seems like he is petting us, like a dog. He's telling us "There, there. You'll get back to a Super Bowl in the next 10 or 20 years." ROFL!

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
When Peyton Manning hits your eye
Like a big-a free agent prize
That's amore

When your penny collection seems to shine
Like you've had too much wine
Yet you don't spend a dime
That's amore

When free agent stars make you drool
Joost-a like 12 year old scotch fazool
But it's nothing more than a PR move
That's amore

;)

tsiguy96
03-18-2012, 10:55 AM

my issue with this, every single report has said denver is fully willing to pay whatever it takes to get manning. in fact, money has never once come up as a reason denver wouldnt get manning, yet you assume it is...

denver is being stupidly cheap for several reasons aka teh rest of FA, but for manning i think they are willing to break the bank.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 10:58 AM
my issue with this, every single report has said denver is fully willing to pay whatever it takes to get manning. in fact, money has never once come up as a reason denver wouldnt get manning, yet you assume it is...

denver is being stupidly cheap for several reasons aka teh rest of FA, but for manning i think they are willing to break the bank.

But then what? Like you said our FO isn't moving on anything and that is problematic. It not only demonstrates their lack of commitment to improving in general but I am sure Peyton is watching as opportunities to put weapons at his disposal get signed day after day. Manningham, Lloyd, defensive prospects, inability to,keep any of our own FAs, all of that has to say something to Manning. So we get PM, are we going to put anybody out there with him?

ghostofjosh
03-18-2012, 11:00 AM
But then what? Like you said our FO isn't moving on anything and that is problematic. It not only demonstrates their lack of commitment to improving in general but I am sure Peyton is watching as opportunities to put weapons at his disposal get signed day after day. Manningham, Lloyd, defensive prospects, inability to,keep any of our own FAs, all of that has to say something to Manning. So we get PM, are we going to put anybody out there with him?

sign manning,trade for wallace...thats beast

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 11:04 AM
sign manning,trade for wallace...thats beast

not gonna happen... but don't let me burst your bubble...

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 11:06 AM

So wait... you are saying we are willing to pay in excess of 30+... yeah.. that sure sounds like a recipe for success.

boppool
03-18-2012, 11:08 AM

Shoot me now.

Smith and Tebow on one team... Next we hire Urban Meyer and here we come, National Championsh... I meant Super Bowl.

DBroncos4life
03-18-2012, 11:11 AM

Yes because Smith looking for a job clearly takes the Broncos out of the mix.

errand
03-18-2012, 11:11 AM
9ers would get kick in note if smith signs elsewhere and manning goes to Tennessee.

Perhaps, but aren't they pretty high on that Colin K kid they drafted in 2nd round?

NFLBRONCO
03-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Maybe they offered Manning a decent contract. I don't see how staying idle would help us win the derby with our present rep org wise. I think FO did this a window dressing just to make things look like we would go crazy but, in reality they like the Rockies way best.