PDA

View Full Version : Source: Tebow wants out of Denver; Expected to request a trade after Manning decision

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Taco John
03-17-2012, 07:13 PM
I was contacted tonight by a source who I used to talk to regularly, but haven't heard from in awhile. He's a guy who had given me some good information in the past, and I fully trust the information he's relayed to me tonight.

To cut straight to the point, he's told me that information he's received today says that regardless of how this Manning situation turns out, Tebow will be asking for a trade once the dust clears and Manning has made a decision. He's not asking to go to a specific team, and he does not require a starting role. The source says that he's disappointed that the Broncos are not showing any confidence in him, and he's being advised that he'd be better off in another organization.

The source says Tebow is currently being tight-lipped about this - he's wanted to go public but his advisors have told him to wait until the smoke clears on the Manning situation.

Story is clearly developing...

Pontius Pirate
03-17-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/scarjo_popcorn.gif

Rohirrim
03-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Is his daddy going to turn in his playbook?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-17-2012, 07:15 PM
This is a bummer. Kind of hoped Tebow would high road them...

Archer81
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Good job, EFX.

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
expected, to be honest. this could go down as one of the worst offseasons imaginable if they dont land peyton.

DBroncos4life
03-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Shocking!!!

Taco John
Good job, EFX.

It was a marriage made in hell to begin with.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Taco John? This is good news.

Swedish Extrovert
03-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe if he would have hired Mazzone last offseason and played better they would have shown more confidence in him.

I have a feeling Tebow will start for the Broncos next year.

I mean, interviewing Peyton Manning and offering him a contract is just due diligence when your QB is shaky at best. There's potential for sure, but... just... shaky, man.

Punisher
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr19/Thunderchicken42/DwightFistPump.gif

Archer81

Possibly. We lose out on Manning, and the QB who helped the team to the playoffs wants out no matter what Manning decides.

Win for everybody...

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Well I don't have to worry about reading material for a few months.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Maybe if he would have hired Mazzone last offseason and played better they would have shown more confidence in him.

I have a feeling Tebow will start for the Broncos next year.

That's pretty much the only team he would start for.

footstepsfrom#27
I think he's making a good decision, since we clearly don't value what he brings. I'm dissapointed in the business as usual Broncos under Elway...more of the same seeking a quick fix rather than trying to build.

Meck77
:Elway::tebow:The source.... It's greater than all of us. Tebow, Manning, and the Broncos will do what they've got to do.....I know this. It's great to be a Bronco fan. Believe it.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7218/sourceh.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/sourceh.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

DBroncos4life
03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
expected, to be honest. this could go down as one of the worst offseasons imaginable if they dont land peyton.
Whose side are you on this time Cutlers or McDs???? Oh my bad Tebows or Foxs?

maher_tyler
Not surprising at all and I don't I don't blame him one bit. Broncos better win games early and often or things could get very ugly IMO!

UberBroncoMan
The Adam Weber era begins!

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 07:21 PM

to compare cutler to tebow is pretty ridiculous. one is a guy that will do everything in his power to succeed, coming off AFCW crown and a playoff win, and is basically just a damn great guy to root for. the other is jay cutler.

tebow is nowhere close to perfect or untradeable as a QB as we know, but hes a guy that i would rather have him on the team then on an opponents team.

on twitter, they said john clayton reported tebow to patriots if denver gets manning.

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Well, I am not surprised if this is true. I stated all week long that Tebow would not be happy and could trust what this organization ever told him again.

Swedish Extrovert
The Adam Weber era begins!

Nice... move forward with a 6-foot-nothing, 200 lb scrambling QB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Is this like a fire or quit debate? Tebow better go public soon so it looks like a quit scenario. Otherwise EFX puts him on the block and it's a fire scenario.

Turd_Ferguson
03-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Interesting...

Archer81
If I am any QB, FA or draft pick that comes to Denver I would seriously wonder about the level of commitment I would receive; especially when the next shiny toy is out there for the taking.

Shady way to run a franchise. Repeat the last HC's mistakes. Sure way to win.

garandman
I'm telling you right now.. if in reality really happens and Manning doesn't come to Denver, Elway has ruined his legacy in the eyes of most fans, I think if they haven't reached out to Tebow to explain what is going on with regards to Manning, I get Tebows frustration... Denver better up their offer to 30 mill per year!

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 07:25 PM
EFX SUX.

rugbythug
03-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Even if he does want a trade I doubt it is in the Broncos best interest.

Elway was on record during the Cutler fiasco saying he would not have traded him even when he did want out.

Heyneck
03-17-2012, 07:26 PM
If true... bummer... I though he would have taken the high road. Well if we don't get Peyton... this will be an offseason of hell. No QBOTF available to us in the draft, no Peyton, no Tebow,... someone would have to get fired!

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Like I also stated before though, if Manning does not sign, Tebow traded, the Broncos trade down and take Cousins in the 2nd round and hope he is another Andy Dalton. Not saying I agree with this, but that seems realistic and what they would do.

Taco John
03-17-2012, 07:27 PM
If I am any QB, FA or draft pick that comes to Denver I would seriously wonder about the level of commitment I would receive; especially when the next shiny toy is out there for the taking.

Shady way to run a franchise. Repeat the last HC's mistakes. Sure way to win.

If Elway had drafted Tebow, this would be legit. Elway was saddled with Tebow.

Like it or not, Tebow is Josh's project, and the current front office has made it pretty clear they think Josh was coocoo for cocoa puffs.

Dr. Broncenstein
Remember folks, the Manning thing was totally Fox's idea. Assign blame appropriately.

Drunken.Broncoholic
What will happen if no one calls? Not like he can walk with a contract. Put him at TE like destiny has written.

Archer81
Obviously this clears the way for the Jake Delhomme era, one way or another.

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:28 PM
What will happen if no one calls? Not like he can walk with a contract. Put him at TE like destiny has written.

Somebody will it will be just what the Broncos will accept in a trade, but a 4th at the highest is what I see from anybody.

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Our FO is just awful. They not only fail to make the team better, their buffoonery has made the team worse. Champ should bail too.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Players outside of Denver don't respect tebow as a QB. Plenty of soundbites to prove that. They would see this as Elway wanting to win.

Taco John
Even if he does want a trade I doubt it is in the Broncos best interest.

In my opinion, the Broncos will put him on the first train out of Denver as soon as his agents get half way through the sentence.

"My client requests a -"

"Here is a bus ticket - enjoy Cleveland!" (or wherever)

Gutless Drunk
prima donna

Heyneck

superbowl???

Dr. Broncenstein
03-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Wonder if NE would trade for Mallet straight up?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Good thing for the packers the FO didn't listen to their fans. Not sure why all the hate for this FO.

Archer81

Like it or not, Tebow is Josh's project, and the current front office has made it pretty clear they think Josh was coocoo for cocoa puffs.

I'm sensing a bridling on your part over criticism of Elway.

So what happens when Manning says no, Tebow gets traded and we draft Weeden? What happens next offseason when the next walking wet dream of Elway's is available?

What is the excuse for not building or filling holes on defense while we wait for mellonhead to make a damn decision? 3 FA's visit on friday and Fox, Elway and Xanders run off to NC and leave the FA's to meet with our D-coordinator.

Bang up way to run a franchise, huh.

R8R H8R
I just wonder why sources aren't outing Alex Smith and Jake Locker? They can't be happy either, right?

Anyway, EFX doesn't have to grant a trade if they don't want to. He isn't a Cutler, by a long shot. They can calm him down...again...if they want to.

Heyneck
03-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Wonder if NE would trade for Mallet straight up?

Mallet sucks... he is like a Matt Cassel with a stronger arm... prefer the pick for the draft.

Ratboy
03-17-2012, 07:33 PM
This is a bummer. Kind of hoped Tebow would high road them...

Like when he cried last season when Orton was the starter?

garandman
03-17-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm telling you right now.. if in reality really happens and Manning doesn't come to Denver, Elway has ruined his legacy in the eyes of most fans, I think if they haven't reached out to Tebow to explain what is going on with regards to Manning, I get Tebows frustration... Denver better up their offer to 30 mill per year!

errand
03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Or we sign Manning and tebow gets traded.....

Or Manning signs with Titans, we sign Hasselbeck, trade Tebow, draft QB.....

Or Manning signs with 49ers, we sign Smith, trade tebow....

Lots of scenarios.....best to just wait and see what happens before ya'll start finger pointing.

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:35 PM

Yep, as I have also stated many times this week, Elway did not draft Tebow and most new coaches and FO only keep the existing QB if that QB is well established, otherwise they will look for their guy, the one they draft, sign, or trade for. They do not believe in Tebow and Tebow knows this.

tsiguy96
Or we sign Manning and tebow gets traded.....

Or Manning signs with Titans, we sign Hasselbeck, trade Tebow, draft QB.....

Or Manning signs with 49ers, we sign Smith, trade tebow....

Lots of scenarios.....best to just wait and see what happens before ya'll start finger pointing.

does anyone in their right mind want hasselback or smith as the QB of this team? might as well have orton.

Wes Mantooth
Good job, EFX.

Tebow is not an EFX guy. He does not fit.

Lev Vyvanse
03-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I was contacted tonight by a source who I used to talk to regularly, but haven't heard from in awhile. He's a guy who had given me some good information in the past, and I fully trust the information he's relayed to me tonight.

To cut straight to the point, he's told me that information he's received today says that regardless of how this Manning situation turns out, Tebow will be asking for a trade once the dust clears and Manning has made a decision. He's not asking to go to a specific team, and he does not require a starting role. The source says that he's disappointed that the Broncos are not showing any confidence in him, and he's being advised that he'd be better off in another organization.

The source says Tebow is currently being tight-lipped about this - he's wanted to go public but his advisors have told him to wait until the smoke clears on the Manning situation.

With the new CBA, his current contract, and a image to uphold, I can't even fathom how he would pull that off. Unless, the front office wants him out.

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:37 PM

But since they did not reach out to Tebow, at least that is what it seems, wouldn't that be more proof they do not really care about Tebow and being around long term?

MVP-06
Elway gets what he wants. Moves on from Tebow and the circus that comes with him wether we get Manning or not

Drunken.Broncoholic
Alex smith???? I'd rather have mallet. Mcnown. Leaf. Russell. Young. Weurfel.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Like when he cried last season when Orton was the starter?

Didn't everyone cry? Watching Orton was like a trip to the dentist office or hanging out with your mother in law at the mall...

Archer81
03-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Tebow is not an EFX guy. He does not fit.

Most of the roster is not EFX guys. Better alienate and ship them out, too.

Ratboy
03-17-2012, 07:39 PM
“My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true,” Tebow said. “Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away. . .”

Tebow said that after Orton was named the starting QB.

Why is anyone surprised that he wants to be traded?

Ratboy
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Didn't everyone cry? Watching Orton was like a trip to the dentist office or hanging out with your mother in law at the mall...

“My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true,” Tebow said. “Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away. . .”

baja

I love what Tebow brings to the current day NFL. Rather we sign Manning or not if he is traded I will follow him (and his new team) closely, maybe even more closely that the Broncos whom have become a disappointment for me and I stuck with them through some mighty lean years. Difference is even when they sucked they were fun to watch. Not proud of the current Bronco organization. I see them floundering for quite some time going forward.

Heyneck
hmmm looks like even our media is starting to get the idea that we are no longer favorite...

T @GRowe_fighthype: @MikeKlis Broncos still favorite for manning?>No. Gotta chance. No longer favorite.

Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@hofstetter303: @dmac1043 please tell me this PM crap will be resolved by Monday!! Tired of this nonsense.”IMO he's a Titan monday

Archer81
03-17-2012, 07:41 PM

That's crying?

Pontius Pirate
I like Tebow as a human being. I wish him the best of luck in Jacksonville.

Just remember Tim: duck & weave. Then repeat.

Taco John

So what happens when Manning says no, Tebow gets traded and we draft Weeden? What happens next offseason when the next walking wet dream of Elway's is available?

What is the excuse for not building or filling holes on defense while we wait for mellonhead to make a damn decision? 3 FA's visit on friday and Fox, Elway and Xanders run off to NC and leave the FA's to meet with our D-coordinator.

I think that the franchise that Elway inherited was infected by the disease that Josh installed into it. Josh was given a franchise record (at the time) amount of draft picks and cap room to work with, and he dismantled the team and started to build a team around his melding of ideas between Urban Meyer and Belichick. I dont' know if the idea would have ever worked, but what I do know is that he was a terrible leader and didn't have much to show for what he was left with. I think Elway has managed the situation as best he could given what the situation is. I have a hard time believing that any other GM would have done any better job at this point.

Of course, I'm not one of the type who believed Elway should have ever promised the sun, moon, and stars to Tebow. I like Tebow, but I appreciate why every GM in this league scratches their head when they look at him. He's a huge risk. And even though he has been winning games, the consistency in his play from down to down just isn't there at this point.

I applaud the Broncos for chasing Peyton Manning - even if we miss out on him. I hope we don't, and I understand the black eye that this will give Elway if Manning snubs us for another team - but this is the kind of aggressive move that I like to see our team make in Free Agency. The risk is well balanced by the reward, IMO. The worst case scenario is that we piss of a quarterback who the front office doesn't necessarily believe in anyway. The best case, we get a GOAT type quarterback to help turn the team around.

barryr

Tebow said that after Orton was named the starting QB.

Why is anyone surprised that he wants to be traded?

I don't know, I stated many times Tebow had to wonder if he could trust this organization again and I was told by some I didn't know how he felt and that he would be happy to play backup to Manning for 3 years or whatever.

Bronco_Beerslug
Tebow has almost zero trade value so it really doesn't matter what he wants.

baja
03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
BTW I don't blame Tebow one bit for wanting to play for a team that believes in him and doesn't lie to him. He deserves better.

DenverBroncosJM
03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Jesus you people are retarded. It doesn't matter if tebow is efx guy or not, this is not the way to run a business. Orton fiasco last year this **** this year. Elway is a ****ing idiot. If he posted on this site I hope he puts his family in his avatar.

Ratboy
03-17-2012, 07:43 PM
That's crying?

Yes. He was crying that his starting position that he lost was taken away.

garandman
03-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Jesus (no pun intended), did we not see enough of Tebow to give him a shot at developing!! no one can deny he is a playmaker in the clutch, yes his mechanics suck, yes he needs to be more accurate but unless you get Manning, get ready for a half full stadium, Ole Pat will really be pinching pennies then, we just became the old lions ( wasn't that run into the ground by an ex player gm, can't remember his name...)

Drunken.Broncoholic
That's crying?

It is when you stink up a training camp and preseason. That's how he lost his "starting job" whatever that means.

broncolife
I could see why. The broncos havent refuted any of the speculation that he would be traded if we got Manning.

Heyneck
03-17-2012, 07:45 PM
hmmm looks like even our media is starting to get the idea that we are no longer favorite...

T @GRowe_fighthype: @MikeKlis Broncos still favorite for manning?>No. Gotta chance. No longer favorite.

Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@hofstetter303: @dmac1043 please tell me this PM crap will be resolved by Monday!! Tired of this nonsense.”IMO he's a Titan monday

SoCalBronco
This is why I said from the very start they were playing with fire...needlessly.

Now, even if they don't get Manning, they'll have to trade Tebow. I don't blame him ONE BIT. He is TOTALLY IN THE RIGHT. 100%. If someone treats you like **** over and over and then actually LIES to you about your role...flat out lies, then yeah, you won't want to be there. I'm not sure whats shocking about that. They lied.

If they don't end up with Manning, they'll be left with absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. Nice work, FO. You better hope your Brokeneck lover rescues you, John, cause its your ****ing ass on the line.

I sure hope the old man didnt think hiring Elway would insulate the organization from criticism when it acts stupidly. If so, you thought wrong. You're back in Spring, 2009 old man. Its going to ****ing hellish for you if you end up without a single QB that wants to be here Tuesday morning. Hellish....

You've been asking for a ****storm EFX and now you're going to ****ing get it.

RaiderH8r
I can't imagine the EFX media turd storm moves Manning towards us in any way. I wouldn't trust these idiots to feed my cats.

Dr. Broncenstein
Yes. He was crying that his starting position that he lost was taken away.

How did he lose it?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Love how nobody is blaming Tebow is acting like a baby.

Rohirrim
03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
What happens if the Broncos put Tebow up for trade and nobody calls?

Ratboy
It is when you stink up a training camp and preseason. That's how he lost his "starting job" whatever that means.

Yep.

He could have taken the high road there and said something along the lines of "I'm going to continue to work harder", not "It was taken away from me"

MVP-06

I guess thy should have sent Del rio to check out Manning and had Elway and co. Stay behind for those 3 studs.

Pontius Pirate
Jesus you people are retarded. It doesn't matter if tebow is efx guy or not, this is not the way to run a business. Orton fiasco last year this **** this year. Elway is a ****ing idiot. If he posted on this site I hope he puts his family in his avatar.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Ratboy
How did he lose it?

Tebow thinks it was taken away from him.

Gutless Drunk
03-17-2012, 07:47 PM
BTW I don't blame Tebow one bit for wanting to play for a team that believes in him and doesn't lie to him. He deserves better.

Wait, I thought this made you a whiny little b****? The axis has turned mightily in 3 years.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Tebow thinks it was taken away from him.

Probably because it was.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 07:48 PM

Elway ends up working in the mail room?

razorwire77
Don't really blame him. Here come the Jags or Pats to rape us with a conditional 4th rounder and a Laurence Maroney caliber player offer.

What a ****ing disaster.

Ratboy
Probably because it was.

His poor practice and preseason games had nothing to do with it?

SoCalBronco
I'm looking forward to regime change.

Taco John
I don't know, I stated many times Tebow had to wonder if he could trust this organization again and I was told by some I didn't know how he felt and that he would be happy to play backup to Manning for 3 years or whatever.

Tebow is going to be a back-up wherever he goes. No team is in a hurry to start Tim Tebow. However, whatever team is stupid enough (I said it) to trade for him will find themselves the target of a Tebow Nation who will demand loudly that they are idiots for not promising him the Sun, Moon, and Stars the minute he walked into the building. I like Tebow, but his nation of fans is why I will not miss him when he's gone. They are irrational, unpleasant, and a negative weight on whatever franchise is carrying them.

Archer81

And oddly enough the stats for all 3 QB's in 11's preseason were pretty damn identical. But I forget. Orton looking good in 7 on 7's on day 1 of TC equaled Tebow being horrible all preseason.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Wait, I thought this made you a whiny little b****? The axis has turned mightily in 3 years.

This.

Ratboy
Tebow is going to be a back-up wherever he goes. No team is in a hurry to start Tim Tebow. However, whatever team is stupid enough (I said it) to trade for him will find themselves the target of a Tebow Nation who will demand loudly that they are idiots for not promising him the Sun, Moon, and Stars the minute he walked into the building.

I bet the Browns would love Tim Tebow.

RaiderH8r
This is why I said from the very start they were playing with fire...needlessly.

Now, even if they don't get Manning, they'll have to trade Tebow. I don't blame him ONE BIT. He is TOTALLY IN THE RIGHT. 100%. If someone treats you like **** over and over and then actually LIES to you about your role...flat out lies, then yeah, you won't want to be there. I'm not sure whats shocking about that. They lied.

If they don't end up with Manning, they'll be left with absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. Nice work, FO. You better hope your Brokeneck lover rescues you, John, cause its your ****ing ass on the line.

I sure hope the old man didnt think hiring Elway would insulate the organization from criticism when it acts stupidly. If so, you thought wrong. You're back in Spring, 2009 old man. Its going to ****ing hellish for you if you end up without a single QB that wants to be here Tuesday morning. Hellish....

You've been asking for a ****storm EFX and now you're going to ****ing get it.

They learned nothing from the Cutler fiasco. This FO is not to be trusted and has, exactly as you say, needlessly run this club aground and for what?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-17-2012, 07:50 PM
His poor practice and preseason games had nothing to do with it?

Kftc

SoCalBronco
I wonder if DeCosta would have made these kinds of errors?

Man-Goblin
In my opinion, the Broncos will put him on the first train out of Denver as soon as his agents get half way through the sentence.

"My client requests a -"

So let me get this straight. Tebow is going to request a trade from a team he has a good chance of starting for to any of 31 other teams where he has no chance to start.

Feelings may be hurt now, but when emotions calm down he's going to realize this is the best situation for him. He may not be a Bronco next year, but it won't be because he asks out. Unless he gets and takes some really bad advice.

WolfpackGuy
03-17-2012, 07:51 PM
This all boils down to that damn idiot wanting Matt EFFIN Cassel.

They won't be getting two first rounders in a trade this time around though.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Any team that calls for him will use him other than a QB. There's no team with a worse QB starting. None.

oubronco

That's real possibilty

baja
This.

Hey the Drunken Broncoholic agrees with the Gutless Drunk... Big surprise.

Pontius Pirate
03-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Pac-12 QB draft pick incoming in 3....2....1

Heyneck
03-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I bet the Browns would love Tim Tebow.

I don't want that type of karma!!!

What if he turns it around... lifts that franchise from the mud and sticks it to us like Elway did the Brown in the heyday!

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Tebow is going to be a back-up wherever he goes. No team is in a hurry to start Tim Tebow. However, whatever team is stupid enough (I said it) to trade for him will find themselves the target of a Tebow Nation who will demand loudly that they are idiots for not promising him the Sun, Moon, and Stars the minute he walked into the building. I like Tebow, but his nation of fans is why I will not miss him when he's gone. They are irrational, unpleasant, and a negative weight on whatever franchise is carrying them.

No good team will start him, but I disagree about the fans. This Tebow Nation stuff is a myth. If Tebow got traded to the Pats or some team with an established OB, there would not be massive cries for Tebow to start over them or pressure on their FO to start him. If he was traded to a bad team or one with no QB, then yeah, they would want him to start and I wouldn't blame them.

DarkHorse30
03-17-2012, 07:53 PM

ha ha .....so, in your FIRST year as exec. VP of the Broncos, you hire a good coach in John Fox (this team needs defense? good choice, John) who takes a team to the playoffs and wins a playoff game AGAINST THE DEFENDING AFC CHAMPS with a QB that many thought COULDN'T PLAY THE POSITION PROFESSIONALLY. Wow.

THEN you get your team in the Peyton sweepstakes (because, remember, MANY FANS STILL DON'T THINK YOUR STARTING QB CAN PLAY THE POSITION) primarily because of your experience being a HOF QB that retired exactly when he should have, and has a world of credit among ANY QB, anywhere.

Seriously, how is Denver even IN the sweepstakes? And they have NOTHING to lose. Every other team in the Manning chase has things to lose, yet Denver doesn't.....except hurting Tim's feelings? Really? Hurting Timmy is the reason NOT to chase a HOF QB that might have a few years in the tank? Wow.

All respect to TJ, but nobody is privy to Tebows ideas about anything, except for his faith...because he, like a lot of christians do, wears that on his sleeve. I bet you could not get a quote from Tebow on ANYTHING related to Manning.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Hey the Drunken Broncoholic agrees with the Gutless Drunk... Big surprise.

We got a cold glass of O'douls for you. Or a virgin Cosmo. Whichever you prefer.

Denver724

Everything going according to EFX plan. Let's also get ready to wish a warm welcome to Alex Smith.

SoCalBronco
They learned nothing from the Cutler fiasco. This FO is not to be trusted and has, exactly as you say, needlessly run this club aground and for what?

They better hope they get their guy, cause they are about to get into a full scale ****storm if they don't. There's going to be a lot of people pissed at EFX and its not going to matter who did what in their former occupation. All I care about are results. I don't give a **** if you are John Elway or Clayton Wendler. It's all the same to me. If you **** it up, you're ****ing head comes off. I'm sick and ****ing tired of this **** every summer. We go out of our way to **** things up. I really ****ing hate this incompetent **** every single time. Enough is enough. If you take a risk, you better succeed or you get ****ing ****canned. ****canned.

baja
03-17-2012, 07:55 PM
We got a cold glass of O'douls for you. Or a virgin Cosmo. Whichever you prefer.

O'Douls Amber is not too bad...

Rohirrim
03-17-2012, 07:56 PM

You've been thumping that drum for a long time.

hookemhess
03-17-2012, 07:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/5qOPW.gif

Heyneck
couldn't agree more...

Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@BradSam16: @dmac1043 What will the Broncos next move be once Manning makes his decision?”cry?

Archer81
They better hope they get their guy, cause they are about to get into a full scale ****storm if they don't. There's going to be a lot of people pissed at EFX and its not going to matter who did what in their former occupation. All I care about are results. I don't give a **** if you are John Elway or Clayton Wendler. It's all the same to me. If you **** it up, you're ****ing head comes off. I'm sick and ****ing tired of this **** every summer. We go out of our way to **** things up. I really ****ing hate this incompetent **** every single time. Enough is enough. If you take a risk, you better succeed or you get ****ing ****canned. ****canned.

If you have a team that engages in strange behavior, yet have different GM's or HC's, you must consider the one factor that has remained unchanged.

eddie mac

I'd rather Bowlen just sold up. 8 year downward spiral which results in a broke franchise with no real leadership. He may well be one of the most respected GM's in the league amongst professionals but most of the fanbase see how much of the plot he's lost in the last few years and in any given business they're the only ones that matter.

EFX are an embarrasment and got real lucky last year with a gimme divisional title and a flukey playoff win.

Jetmeck
03-17-2012, 07:58 PM

"My client requests a -"

you are ****in nuts too......................

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 07:58 PM
You've been thumping that drum for a long time.

And I will continue thumping it until we get a decent leadership team....and a decent owner.

Archer81
03-17-2012, 07:59 PM
I've said from the beginning I would be ok with peanut head at QB if Tebow was retained. I think Tebow has abright future. To lose out on both...as a fan I'm not too happy about that.

Its the same as it ever was, and the **** is getting old.

SoCalBronco
If you have a team that engages in strange behavior, yet have different GM's or HC's, you must consider the one factor that has remained unchanged.

Yeah...the old man. Get rid of him.

MVP-06

So you find out hat a top 5 qb of all time becomes available, you pursue him and he says no, im going to play at home for the last few years of my career. You deserve to be crucified? I guess we should have sat on our hands and not even asked at all.

Jetmeck
03-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Bunch of damn ungrateful jerks

Pontius Pirate
03-17-2012, 08:00 PM
DAD-BONER AKA KARL WELZEIN FOR BRONCOS QB IN 2012

Chris
03-17-2012, 08:01 PM

I love how pissed you are right now. I feel similarly, though I don't hate Bowlen as much as you... it may be time for him to sell the team if the next two seasons go how I think they're going to go.

Archer81
So you find out hat a top 5 qb of all time becomes available, you pursue him and he says no, im going to play at home for the last few years of my career. You deserve to be crucified? I guess we should have sat on our hands and not even asked at all.

Thankfully EFX has other solid to big named free agents to point to so far this offseason, right?

...wait, what?

Jetmeck
I've said from the beginning I would be ok with peanut head at QB if Tebow was retained. I think Tebow has abright future. To lose out on both...as a fan I'm not too happy about that.

Its the same as it ever was, and the **** is getting old.

you said it

Dedhed
03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Here's what makes me skeptical about this. Tebow doesn't care about a starting role? I doubt that is true, and his chances are far greater in Denver than anywhere else.

Slightly Soiled
I love what Tebow brings to the current day NFL. Rather we sign Manning or not if he is traded I will follow him (and his new team) closely, maybe even more closely that the Broncos whom have become a disappointment for me and I stuck with them through some mighty lean years. Difference is even when they sucked they were fun to watch. Not proud of the current Bronco organization. I see them floundering for quite some time going forward.

This x10. Football is a business I get that but turning over this franchise to the guy that made us a laughingstock in the playoffs for years is one thing(anything for a championship right). But to not be able to get the deal done for Manning AND destroying the relationship with the one QB that has made this team relevant since those ass kickings given by Manning is BAD Business .

And hoping some second rounder might be the next Andy Dalton ain't gonna get it done.

KevinJames
If this is true Tebow is showing his true colors, and I lost a whole lot of respect for him.

TD30
Max risk....max penalty.....we in denver never see the reward

BroncoBeavis
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM
So let me get this straight. Tebow is going to request a trade from a team he has a good chance of starting for to any of 31 other teams where he has no chance to start.

Feelings may be hurt now, but when emotions calm down he's going to realize this is the best situation for him. He may not be a Bronco next year, but it won't be because he asks out. Unless he gets and takes some really bad advice.

Tebow would likely find a starting job out there somewhere, but I'm on board with the fact that 3rd, 4th, 5th or whatever hand information about what Tebow wants to do at this point is probably both premature and questionable at the same time.

If this week has taught us anything, it's that you should take any information leaking from the Dove Valley side of things with a grain of salt. They clearly have no clue which way is up.

And secondly, as most of the OM sits here furious over this cluster****, it's got to be maddening for a guy like Tebow. It's natural in the midst of a team deciding whether they want you anymore to think that maybe you don't want them either. Maybe he or someone in his camp voiced this to someone in the Broncos organization.

But the fact that it would be just another in a long list of things the Broncos can't keep in house leads me to question this front office even further.

I'd rather they keep their pie holes shut when it comes to the press and talk through this with the kid and let him process it and have some back and forth before they go blabbing their bull**** side of the story in order to poison the well.

Unless they're the dumbest front office in the history of the league, they've got to realize that losing both Manning and Tebow at this point would be cataclysmic. Having a team going into 2012 openly playing for 2013 would be the final straw in my book.

I'd probably have to start checking into a refund.

DenverBroncosJM
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM

If you put elways name in the places tebow is it sounds the same. People blindly follow along and support all the dumb ass **** he does

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Yep thread is trending exactly as expected 5 pages. Great pace

WolfpackGuy
He probably pissed them off by showing up in all those pictures with chicks rather than having his ass on the practice field.

SoCalBronco
If this is true Tebow is showing his true colors, and I lost a whole lot of respect for him.

True colors?

He's been ****ing lied too...repeatedly and he's been completely disrespected over and over. They shouldn't have lied to him in the beginning. BTW, he hasnt blasted the team publicly so I'm ont sure what you are upset about. He's obviously not wanted, thats clear. Why would someone want to be where they are obviously not wanted?

Would you?

You're doing exactly what the team wants. They want you to forget about all the moral blame on their hands and just line up behind them. Don't be weak minded. Bowlen is sitting back and laughing at responses like yours he's saying "exxxcellent" in a Mr. Burns style voice, you are jsut the pawn that they LOVE. You'll put in money and stand in line no matter what. You are a useful pawn for the team. Open your eyes.

TotallyScrewed
03-17-2012, 08:05 PM
There's an awful lot of whinny bitches on this board!!!!

First playoff win in forever. Epitome of "Tough Crowd".

Soon Manning will tell Denver, no thanks. Like he was ever really thinking about Denver. Don't bother to roll out sad, tired excuses.

No FA's signed to speak of. Denver's FO is pathetic!

And now, without any real evidence, you all BITCH about Tebow's reaction.

Nice work, girls!

eddie mac

Nah, they should've done whatever it took to get their man. If they were 100% behind it that's what should've happened. It seems that the Titans went that extra 100 yards and I've no doubt now that they'll get him.

cabronco
I just wonder why sources aren't outing Alex Smith and Jake Locker? They can't be happy either, right?

Anyway, EFX doesn't have to grant a trade if they don't want to. He isn't a Cutler, by a long shot. They can calm him down...again...if they want to.

This ^^.

DenverBroncosJM
03-17-2012, 08:06 PM

Exactly how many times would take being ****ted on before you left?

MVP-06
Thankfully EFX has other solid to big named free agents to point to so far this offseason, right?

...wait, what?

Check what he Ravens, Steelers, and Packers have done so far in fa. You build a championship team through he draft. I swear people here would rather have Dan Snyder as a owner, spend a crap load of money every year and pick in he top 10. We went from th #2 overall pick to #25 in one year.

eddie mac
Exactly what EFX want would be a swing in favour away from Tebow.

SoCalBronco
EFX better fix this or else I'm going to enjoy seeing them suffer through a summer of ****. Fix your ****up or else be subjected to a constant drumbeat of **** the whole ****ing summer.

Lev Vyvanse
I'd probably have to start checking into a refund.

Are you a season ticket holder?

garandman
03-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Management 101, diplomatic relations with your employees is a mark of a good leader... NO EFFORT was made to cushion the blow to Tebow in regards to the pursuit of Manning, that's the point here, show a little respect for the man you claimed was the starter going into next year by at least telling him up front what the plan was... If he wants a trade because of it, so be it.. but letting him twist in the wind waiting for Mannings decision is ridiculous.

Regardless, the broncos have a PR nightmare if this is true, and we will suck for the forseeable future.

MVP-06
There's an awful lot of whinny b****es on this board!!!!

Soon Manning will tell Denver, no thanks. Like he was ever really thinking about Denver. Don't bother to roll out sad, tired excuses.

And now, without any real evidence, you all b**** about Tebow's reaction.

Nice work, girls!
:notworthy, I'm pretty sure 95% of posters on here are women on the rag

Drunken.Broncoholic
Exactly how many times would take being ****ted on before you left?

About as many incompletes I saw from him?

Archer81
Check what he Ravens, Steelers, and Packers have done so far in fa. You build a championship team through he draft. I swear people here would rather have Dan Snyder as a owner, spend a crap load of money every year and pick in he top 10. We went from th #2 overall pick to #25 in one year.

Who was under center?

Dedhed
This x10. Football is a business I get that but turning over this franchise to the guy that made us a laughingstock in the playoffs for years is one thing(anything for a championship right). But to not be able to get the deal done for Manning AND destroying the relationship with the one QB that has made this team relevant since those ass kickings given by Manning is BAD Business .

And hoping some second rounder might be the next Andy Dalton ain't gonna get it done.
Absolutely. This deal was always too risky from my perspective for a lot of reasons; foremost Peyton's health, and secondly you're just crapping on the, and risking the relationship with the guy who finally turned the franchise around.

Aftermath
I would have done the same thing if I was in Tebows position. This organization is a JOKE. We signed ONE guy and I can't even think of his pathetic name, we wen't ALL IN for Manning after Tebow completely helped turn this team around last season. They haven't stood behind him once. They have been so focused on Manning that we are going to lose out on all other FA's. I'm not a big Tebow fanboy but he deserves a shot to be starter this next season.

TD30
Hes being advised from the same people that are trying to negotiate manning. This is getting fing rediculous f agents

MVP-06
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Management 101, diplomatic relations with your employees is a mark of a good leader... NO EFFORT was made to cushion the blow to Tebow in regards to the pursuit of Manning, that's the point here, show a little respect for the man you claimed was the starter going into next year by at least telling him up front what the plan was... If he wants a trade because of it, so be it.. but letting him twist in the wind waiting for Mannings decision is ridiculous.

Regardless, the broncos have a PR nightmare if this is true, and we will suck for the forseeable future.

You know this for a fact?

Man-Goblin
03-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Tebow would likely find a starting job out there somewhere

Where? Name one single team.

Cleveland? They could take Tannehill. And even if they don't, you think Mike Holmgren is going to want to bring Tebow in to run his west coast offense in a make or break year for him?

Miami is signing Flynn.

Seattle would rather roll with Tavaris Jackson again.

Name one team where Tebow will have a better shot at starting than Denver.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Has tebow even said anything? As we've all seen "sources" don't know anything.

DenverBroncosJM
About as many incompletes I saw from him?

There is a girl in The Carolina's who would love you

Dedhed
03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
There's an awful lot of whinny b****es on this board!!!!

And now, without any real evidence, you all b**** about Tebow's reaction.

Nice work, girls!

Well said. One "Light rail" source and people poop their pants saying "Tebow's showing his true colors". Pfft, he's shown absolutely nothing during this entire thing.

BroncoBeavis
03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I would have done the same thing if I was in Tebows position. This organization is a JOKE. We signed ONE guy and I can't even think of his pathetic name, we wen't ALL IN for Manning after Tebow completely helped turn this team around last season. They haven't stood behind him once. They have been so focused on Manning that we are going to lose out on all other FA's. I'm not a big Tebow fanboy but he deserves a shot to be starter this next season.

Yeah, and I really love the whole "Well we need to see if we get Manning before we bring in any decent receivers."

WTF is that?

MVP-06
03-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Who was under center?

What does this have to do wih us not signing free agents? Never said Tebow was a problem.

baja
:notworthy, I'm pretty sure 95% of posters on here are women on the rag

I'm pretty sure you have zero understanding of management skills.

Chris
I'm not going to **** until mid-week so I can sling it all at Elway if Manning picks another team and Tebow asks for a trade.

Dedhed

You are an idiot.

TD30
03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
This was always about getting rid of tebow without an uprising from the fans, if he request trade he is seen as a baby if we land manning everyone understands.... Mission accomplished. Welcome your 29 year old rookie yipee

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm not going to **** until mid-week so I can sling it all at Elway if Manning picks another team and Tebow asks for a trade.

Hahaha...excellent idea.
'

baja
03-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Well said. One "Light rail" source and people poop their pants saying "Tebow's showing his true colors". Pfft, he's shown absolutely nothing during this entire thing.

I think this discussion is based on IF it is true Tim wants out.

PS I know I would if there were zero communication about the Manning thing with Tim like has been reported.

Bronco Rob
Conjecture speculation and opinion are the soup du jour in this thread.

jsco70
Haven't you people had enough of believing every "source" out there? I'll believe this information as soon as I hear it directly from Tebow himself. Just like waiting to hear Manning say where he is going. Some of you are so gulible.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Has anyone said a team he would start for yet? I only see jags.

SoCalBronco
This was always about getting rid of tebow without an uprising from the fans, if he request trade he is seen as a baby if we land manning everyone understands.... Mission accomplished. Welcome your 29 year old rookie yipee

So when Weeden is actually ready to play he'll be just a few years younger than Manning. Sweet.

Man-Goblin

Now this I agree with. I cannot comprehend why a call wouldn't be made to Tebow to tell him what was coming. It's just professional courtesy. The only reason that call wouldn't be made is if they had no plans on bringing him back, but then you never make the statement that he's the starter going in to training camp.

That said, we have no idea whether that call was made or not. All we know is what the media has put out there, and of there's anything this Peyton thing should have taught us is that there is a lot of bull**** flying around out there.

eddie mac
In truth EFX get what they want here.

If Tebow asks to go they'll make it out like it's his choice and they aren't the villains here. They did what they could to better the team by pursuing Manning.

In the end they get rid of the guy they didn't want and Tennessee saves Bowlen $50m plus in the process.

Everyone's a winner, well in Denver's Front Office that is.

Meanwhile we're stuck here with no QB and no upgrades on the roster, infact we still dont have a DT.

Same old ****, different season, we should be used to it by now.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Guess I can't name my soon to arrive son Elman anymore! Damn it I worked for days on getting that, I had gone from are you ****ing insane to shut up. That was some progress.

My fallback was Tebay but that be damned too!

OBF1
You are an idiot.

He is not that smart... honest.

garandman
You know this for a fact?

No one knows what's true anymore.. Lol!

But a couple days ago one of the major insiders ( not sure which one) stated that no communication has been made to Tebow or his agent throughout this whole process..

Archer81
03-17-2012, 08:16 PM
What does this have to do wih us not signing free agents? Never said Tebow was a problem.

Denver has not drafted all that well for the last 10+ years. Some hits, alot more misses. If Denver was in the same position talent wise as Pitt or Balt or Green Bay, and the only issue was finding the QB to get it all done I would be super thrilled that they are going after Manning.

Denver is too thin at too many spots. We do not have the number of picks needed to fill those holes. And while we wait for mellonhead to decide, free agents that could actually help Denver long term are going to Tampa, or Buffalo or KC or St Louis.

We wait and get no better waiting on a player at a position we really dont have a screaming need for. Manning can't cover, and he can't stop the run.

Meck77

Kinda like how you gave up on America.

Go Broncos!

Heyneck

LOL

BroncoBeavis
03-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Exactly what EFX want would be a swing in favour away from Tebow.

Which is exactly why we should be skeptical of **** leaking out of Dove Valley while Tebow remains silent.

I no longer trust these sleazebags as far as I could throw them.

Fedaykin
I thought Tebow's biggest asset was his "no quit" attitude?

Drunken.Broncoholic
Maybe EFX is hoping tebow thinks its another lockout? Or maybe tebow thinks zero contact is the norm for an nfl offseason.

barryr

If Tebow asks to go they'll make it out like it's his choice and they aren't the villains here. They did what they could to better the team by pursuing Manning.

In the end they get rid of the guy they didn't want and Tennessee saves Bowlen $50m plus in the process.

Meanwhile we're stuck here with no QB and no upgrades on the roster, infact we still dont have a DT.

Pretty much. They can act as though they are so surprised Tebow wanted to be traded and really believe in him and sitting for 2-3 years should have satisfied him despite being told he was the starter going into TC and they believed they had to change the whole offense and made so predictable just so Tebow could function apparently. Yeah, a real shocker why Tebow would be upset and want to go someplace else.

OBF1
03-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Do me a favor douchebag... Shut the efff up already. Your opinions do not matter to a freekin person at the orangemane.

Dedhed
I think this discussion is based on IF it is true Tim wants out.

PS I know I would if there were zero communication about the Manning thing with Tim like has been reported.

So you're saying everything over the last 7 days that's been reported has been accurate? Try about 14%

Chris
Guess I can't name my soon to arrive son Elman anymore! Damn it I worked for days on getting that, I had gone from are you ****ing insane to shut up. That was some progress.

What about Elboy?

baja

If this is what they wanted they will be colossal failures in their intention to rebuild the Broncos. The are showing no more class then Josh McDaniels.

Bronco Rob
I'm standing on the edge of a precipice watching the lemmings in rank and file as they march one by one over the cliff. Guidance has suggested there weren't many people left who would listen or who could be helped but THEY have me out here standing in the rain beating my head against a wall anyway. And the more I beat my head against the wall with people out there the more THEY Have me write, the more THEY have me put myself further and further out over the precipice in case just one lemming turns around and says, "Wait! What's that he's saying?"

"Hey! You! Lemming! That's not the way! You don't have to follow the others, you can be an original!

;)

bombay
Adios.

orange crusher
03-17-2012, 08:19 PM
I can't even fathom how he would pull that off. Unless, the front office wants him out.

They do.

SoCalBronco

My congratulations to Mr and Mrs. Nick Scott and I wish for all the best for little Jay Scott. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
Do me a favor douchebag... Shut the efff up already. Your opinions do not matter to a freekin person at the orangemane.

Well no one can even understand yours with that huge cawck stickin in your mouth.

baja
So you're saying everything over the last 7 days that's been reported has been accurate? Try about 14%

I am talking about this thread not the dog and pony show over the Manning signing saga.

MVP-06
I'm pretty sure you have zero understanding of management skills.

My business does alright. I choose not to overreact to everythiing with a "sky is falling attitude" . right now Manning hasn't decided and Tebow hasn't said anything publicly. so I'm going to reserve my judgement

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
If this is what they wanted they will be colossal failures in their intention to rebuild the Broncos. The are showing no more class then Josh McDaniels.

And they'll be facing the same fate too if things don't work out.

Tick...tock...tick...tock.

Jay3
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM

There are quite a few he could start for -- but it takes time for the window to open. Jobs aren't always open. Orton wasn't able to land at a starting gig, but he may not be done.

Teams are constantly pushing someone out the door and trying someone new.

Tebow's next shot will probably be after a stint as a backup. Perhaps after an injury. But you never know -- Brady Quinn is finding out once that first gig goes away, you may never get another shot.

Chris
03-17-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm standing on the edge of a precipice watching the lemmings in rank and file as they march one by one over the cliff. Guidance has suggested there weren't many people left who would listen or who could be helped but THEY have me out here standing in the rain beating my head against a wall anyway. And the more I beat my head against the wall with people out there the more THEY Have me write, the more THEY have me put myself further and further out over the precipice in case just one lemming turns around and says, "Wait! What's that he's saying?"

"Hey! You! Lemming! That's not the way! You don't have to follow the others, you can be an original!

;)

What? I loved that game too.

Fedaykin
Haven't you people had enough of believing every "source" out there? I'll believe this information as soon as I hear it directly from Tebow himself. Just like waiting to hear Manning say where he is going. Some of you are so gulible.

QFT

When Manning makes a call, we'll all know. Clearly the guy is playing the field to find the place he really wants to go.

Likewise, when Tebow makes a decision of any kind, we'll all know.

bombay

It'll be good to see the last of them.

Dedhed

If we end up with neither guy on the Roster, this organization is dead for awhile.

Let's try to replace Tebow with a middle of the road guy like Cutler, and he does everything Cutler did in Denver. He'll be crucified.

Anyone the Broncos brought in would be under HUGE pressure to deliver immediately.

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Yep one of the reason's I wanted him gone too.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 08:22 PM
My congratulations to Mr and Mrs. Nick Scott and I wish for all the best for little Jay Scott. :)

Thanks! I told my wife she can't go into labor until the decision. I just have gotten the feeling in my legs back from that kick!

Que
03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Worst offseason ever if we don't sign Manning cause we actually come out far worse than we started. No significant signings and piss off our starting QB with no prospect of getting an upgrade:replacement. Better hope PM signs.

Heyneck
Well no one can even understand yours with that huge cawck stickin in your mouth.

seriously??? what a lame comeback...

Dedhed
I am talking about this thread not the dog and pony show over the Manning signing saga.

This thread is entirely about a dog and pony show without any dogs or ponies.

MVP-06
03-17-2012, 08:24 PM
No one knows what's true anymore.. Lol!

But a couple days ago one of the major insiders ( not sure which one) stated that no communication has been made to Tebow or his agent throughout this whole process..

Well if that is the case, I would understand Tim's frustration. Elway has always been pretty up front in his evaluation of Tim as a qb. I find it hard to believe he wasn't up front about Manning. But who knows?

Requiem
03-17-2012, 08:25 PM
At this rate, all the Broncos can do is hope they can flip Tim for some ammunition in the draft since they botched free agency. The only DT's we have on the roster are injured and I don't think Bunkley's coming back and Thomas isn't someone you through a lot of money at -- but at this point it doesn't hurt to retain him.

Plus side of this could be that if we can't bring in any DT's -- we are forced into drafting one early. I'd say at this rate two would need to be drafted but who the **** knows whats going on in Dovey DOwnerville.

Bronco Rob
03-17-2012, 08:25 PM

Dedhed
03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Worst offseason ever if we don't sign Manning cause we actually come out far worse than we started. No significant signings and piss off our starting QB with no prospect of getting an upgrade:replacement. Better hope PM signs.

Elway put all his eggs in Manning's basket. That's breaking rule #1 in the risk management department.

KevinJames
True colors?

He's been ****ing lied too...repeatedly and he's been completely disrespected over and over. They shouldn't have lied to him in the beginning. BTW, he hasnt blasted the team publicly so I'm ont sure what you are upset about. He's obviously not wanted, thats clear. Why would someone want to be where they are obviously not wanted?

Would you?

You're doing exactly what the team wants. They want you to forget about all the moral blame on their hands and just line up behind them. Don't be weak minded. Bowlen is sitting back and laughing at responses like yours he's saying "exxxcellent" in a Mr. Burns style voice, you are jsut the pawn that they LOVE. You'll put in money and stand in line no matter what. You are a useful pawn for the team. Open your eyes.

Let me start off by saying I said "If this were true"

Its a business hes a 3rd year QB, he succeeded in a option based run first offense. Of course he hasn't come out publicly. We had a great season with him as a team, but he still has to prove he can run a pro style offense. Not every year is Peyton Manning a FA, get over it Tim same thing is happening to Alex Smith and Jake Locker as well. Just because we are scouting QBs in the 2nd-3rd round means were nervous about Tim not that we want to get rid of him.

You are really letting your hatred for Bowlen blind you. Come on man these are some conspiracy theories. This is the same crap Skip Base-less is spewing. All I hear about Tebow is that hes thick skinned so if what Taco is actually saying that changes my mind about him being thick skinned. Its Peyton Manning, if we dont get him Tebow is the starter going into camp. If we get him he should just keep his mouth shut and learn behind Peyton because its going to help him in his career.

If the rumor is true that Tebow is going to ask out of the Broncos even if we don't get Manning, that really speaks a lot to his true character especially if he does it behind the scenes through his camp. Tebow has always let his camp run his career. Who knows if this was his idea or his brother's idea or his greedy sports agency.

Drunken.Broncoholic
seriously??? what a lame comeback...

About as lame as everyone flipping out about something that tebow hasn't even said yet?

Dedhed
03-17-2012, 08:27 PM

LOL!

Man-Goblin

Next pet rock.

OBF1
Without Tim Tebow last season, the Denver Broncos would have been less relevent than the Rams or Colts. With "Denver's best chance to win" QB, we would have won 2 freekin game.

If this is true, Elway as VP = epic failure.

baja
03-17-2012, 08:28 PM
My business does alright. I choose not to overreact to everythiing with a "sky is falling attitude" . right now Manning hasn't decided and Tebow hasn't said anything publicly. so I'm going to reserve my judgement

That's different.

We are discussing the what ifs if the report is accurate. You response in the post I quoted implied Tebow should man up. I say that he gave 110% commitment to the Broncos and won beyond any reasonable expectation and got played of his efforts = bad management practices.

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 08:28 PM
if tebow gets traded then takes his next team to the playoffs...damn

there is a lot of parallels between now and cutler situation, i will admit. i imagine tim will handle this like a big boy however, time will tell.

Requiem
03-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Tim never had a future in Denver after McDaniels got the boot. Let's hope we get a King's Ransom from the Jagwads for him.

OBF1
About as lame as everyone flipping out about something that tebow hasn't even said yet?

Silence please... The village idiot is speaking.

Rohirrim
Wow! I'm smelling the aroma of Cutler drama all over again.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Without Tim Tebow last season, the Denver Broncos would have been less relevent than the Rams or Colts. With "Denver's best chance to win" QB, we would have won 2 freekin game.

If this is true, Elway as VP = epic failure.

It took you a few years but I'm glad you are seeing the light finally.

Lestat
well i was told when Cutler got pissed and wanted to be dealt that this is the NFL and he needed to stop being a little crybaby. so i would think the same would be true of Tebow, every team that didn't have a true franchise QB went after Manning.
the Titans drafted Jake Locker as their QB of the future and signed Hasselbeck to a nice sized deal last year, the 49ers were really good with Alex Smith at the helm and the Texans have a nice QB in Matt Schaub.

if they can chase him and their QB's can potentially get over it then so can Tebow. not calling him a crybaby, but if it was true that Cutler needed to shut up and get over it then so must Tebow.

Heyneck

agree with that... but that's the mane (and any team with a good fan base), full of drama queens.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Silence please... The village idiot is speaking.

I assume you are related to jhns.

Dedhed
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM

there is a lot of parallels between now and cutler situation, i will admit. i imagine tim will handle this like a big boy however, time will tell.

The other big difference is winning playoff games.

SoCalBronco
Wow! I'm smelling the aroma of Cutler drama all over again.

That's what they asked for Roh...and that's what they're going to ****ing get.

Requiem
Cutler had diabetes and a drinking problem so him being shipped out was fine.

If we ship out Tebow, God may never let us win again.

Slightly Soiled

They can take the passive aggressive route if they would like. But this front office has used Tebow as a starter in it's marketing for season tickets for the last two years. So it is going to be hard to explain that mess to ticket holders without a reasonable alternative.

barryr
Let me start off by saying I said "If this were true"

Its a business hes a 3rd year QB, he succeeded in a option based run first offense. Of course he hasn't come out publicly. We had a great season with him as a team, but he still has to prove he can run a pro style offense. Not every year is Peyton Manning a FA, get over it Tim same thing is happening to Alex Smith and Jake Locker as well. Just because we are scouting QBs in the 2nd-3rd round means were nervous about Tim not that we want to get rid of him.

You are really letting your hatred for Bowlen blind you. Come on man these are some conspiracy theories. This is the same crap Skip Base-less is spewing. All I hear about Tebow is that hes thick skinned so if what Taco is actually saying that changes my mind about him being thick skinned. Its Peyton Manning, if we dont get him Tebow is the starter going into camp. If we get him he should just keep his mouth shut and learn behind Peyton because its going to help him in his career.

If the rumor is true that Tebow is going to ask out of the Broncos even if we don't get Manning, that really speaks a lot to his true character especially if he does it behind the scenes through his camp. Tebow has always let his camp run his career. Who knows if this was his idea or his brother's idea or his greedy sports agency.

And just how do you know or Tebow for that matter, that if they don't get Manning, they will not try to get someone else to take the job before TC? You seem to think this is just about competition, but it really isn't. This is about an organization not believing in a QB and you somehow act surprised that he would be upset about that. Yeah, I bet you would love people you trusted not believing in you. Get real.

Ratboy
03-17-2012, 08:32 PM

You need a hug? Ha!

Dedhed
every team that didn't have a true franchise QB went after Manning.

umm... no.

SoCalBronco

Jay handled it fine...except that I was disappointed that he wasn't even more a dick to them.

Heyneck
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Cutler had diabetes and a drinking problem so him being shipped out was fine.

If we ship out Tebow, God may never let us win again.

yup... no longer God Country..

Requiem
**** clock is ticking, SoCal.

baja
This thread is entirely about a dog and pony show without any dogs or ponies.

You can make that case. Maybe discontinuing posting until some real facts come about would be a better option for you.

dbfan21
03-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I'd like to go on the record as saying that my interest in Broncos football has taken a nosedive after seeing this. John Elway used to be the reason I watched the Broncos...now he's the reason I won't watch them. It's not just the fact that we are likely to lose Tebow (who was the heart and sould of our team last season), but also we can't close the deal on Manning either. Complete ineptitude. And here's a pre-emptive **** you to everyone who throws shlt may way...it's my choice to take my ball and go home. So long, bitches.

Bronco Rob
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock.

So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

:thumbs:

kane0730
Good. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ratboy
03-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Not all directed at you, but directed at those who are upset we are not signing everyone and their mother...

You wanted to see this team build through the draft and that is exactly what EFX are doing.

You can't throw a bitch fit when we are not very active in Free Agency.

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Not all directed at you, but directed at those who are upset we are not signing everyone and their mother...

You wanted to see this team build through the draft and that is exactly what EFX are doing.

You can't throw a b**** fit when we are not very active in Free Agency.

we arent throwing a bitch fit that they didnt sign everyone. they didnt sign ANYONE, on a team full of holes and a bunch of moderately priced, higher level guys like eric winston, broderick bunkley etc. they didnt sign anyone, nor even seem to attempt to.

Heyneck
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
****!!! the 49ers just signed Manningham... they are loading up for Peyton. See... that's a smart franchise.

Steve Sewell
03-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Like I also stated before though, if Manning does not sign, Tebow traded, the Broncos trade down and take Cousins in the 2nd round and hope he is another Andy Dalton. Not saying I agree with this, but that seems realistic and what they would do.

This. Cousins can ball.

Requiem
I'd like to go on the record as saying that my interest in Broncos football has taken a nosedive after seeing this. John Elway used to be the reason I watched the Broncos...now he's the reason I won't watch them. It's not just the fact that we are likely to lose Tebow (who was the heart and sould of our team last season), but also we can't close the deal on Manning either. Complete ineptitude. And here's a pre-emptive **** you to everyone who throws shlt may way...it's my choice to take my ball and go home. So long, b****es.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/10/128891361359509991.jpg

Ratboy
we arent throwing a b**** fit that they didnt sign everyone. they didnt sign ANYONE, on a team full of holes and a bunch of moderately priced, higher level guys like eric winston, broderick bunkley etc. they didnt sign anyone, nor even seem to attempt to.

Did the Mike Adams deal fall through?

KevinJames
03-17-2012, 08:39 PM
I will say it again if this happens Tim's a bitch.

GET OVER IT TEBOW YOUR A TOP 25-30 QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW AND PEYTON IS A HOF QB

move on take it as motivation and work harder. Why want out when your loved in the city of Denver, your teammates respect you, you can't be butthurt by what the front office does they have the job of trying to make the team better. They need back up plans in case the Tebow experiment fizzles out in a pro style offense. OH YEAH AND GOOD LUCK STARTING FOR SOME OTHER TEAM.

It will be the same situation every where he goes.

Man-Goblin
Jay handled it fine...except that I was disappointed that he wasn't even more a dick to them.

Hypocrisy. On one hand, you are condemning the front office for not communicating well enough with Tebow. On the other, you are saying Cutler handled his situation well by refusing to field calls from an organization that employs him and paid him millions of dollars.

theAPAOps5
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock.

So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

This.Is.Awesome

SoCalBronco
**** clock is ticking, SoCal.

Yeah it is. EFX may be laughing now, but they'll be responsible for what they put together with their own guy. If they win, great...if not they'll be nowhere else to turn and no one else to blame. If it doesn't work....they'll get theirs.

http://mygelm.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/jan-20111.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRl3vCUE4U6NhpaGH-wjyXS-A4Dgz3-o3xLVttTF7bHd-IKyij

dbfan21
03-17-2012, 08:40 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/10/128891361359509991.jpg

cute. i bet you have a picture for every such occasion, don't you?

Dedhed
03-17-2012, 08:40 PM

"You got a pool over there?"

"Yeah, we got a pool, a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you"

maher_tyler
03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
I'd like to go on the record as saying that my interest in Broncos football has taken a nosedive after seeing this. John Elway used to be the reason I watched the Broncos...now he's the reason I won't watch them. It's not just the fact that we are likely to lose Tebow (who was the heart and sould of our team last season), but also we can't close the deal on Manning either. Complete ineptitude. And here's a pre-emptive **** you to everyone who throws shlt may way...it's my choice to take my ball and go home. So long, b****es.

Unless they show me they're serious about improving the team, I'll prolly have to pass on calling up Direct TV and hassling them for discounts on Sunday Ticket. We haven't filled one need!

Drunken.Broncoholic
****!!! the 49ers just signed Manningham... they are loading up for Peyton. See... that's a smart franchise.

How could they possibly have enough cap space after signing mannignham?

Jay3

Look for the best in people. Your common sense and experience tells you that the internet reveals the extremes in every case, whether the issue is politics, religion, or something else. Unless you've had a large number of unpleasant encounters in person, I don't see any reason to think the worst of Tebow's fans as a whole.

The one thing they have uniting them is that something about Tebow inspires them and brings them joy. And based on everything Tebow exudes, that's not a bad thing.

I know a lot of Tebow fans. And the vast, vast majority of them have been very realistic about him for a long time. We didn't expect him to be picked in the first round. We didn't expect him to get a chance right away. And we tend to expect him to be constantly micro-examined.

BroncoBeavis

You can't throw a b**** fit when we are not very active in Free Agency.

Dude. I'd be happy as **** if they took what they were already going to pay the "Free Agent" Manning and committed it to just filling our holes with middle of the road players. Problem with free agency is you also LOSE people through it, and you can't replace everyone with 7 ****ing draft picks. Even assuming all your draft picks are ready to suit up and play on day 1.

KevinJames
And just how do you know or Tebow for that matter, that if they don't get Manning, they will not try to get someone else to take the job before TC? You seem to think this is just about competition, but it really isn't. This is about an organization not believing in a QB and you somehow act surprised that he would be upset about that. Yeah, I bet you would love people you trusted not believing in you. Get real.

Of course they will try to get somebody else to take the job, that is their job. Peyton is their only veteran target watch, sure they will bring in a rookie. They can't hand the job to Timmy and not have a back up plan. That would be wreckless. Tebow is going to be in a pro style offense this year we don't even know if he can execute in it yet.

vanbrugh
There has always been rumours of PB and JE and their happy hours but surely to god after Josh's mess....surely

My god we only have 37 players signed!

SoCalBronco
Hypocrisy. On one hand, you are condemning the front office for not communicating well enough with Tebow. On the other, you are saying Cutler handled his situation well by refusing to field calls from an organization that employs him and paid him millions of dollars.

Why would you field calls from people trying to assasinate your character by spreading **** in the paper to win the PR war? I'm glad he didn't talk to them. **** them.

Requiem
03-17-2012, 08:42 PM
cute. i bet you have a picture for every such occasion, don't you?

suck on this one you crybaby

http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/02/23/9861/crybaby.jpg