PDA

View Full Version : Source: Tebow wants out of Denver; Expected to request a trade after Manning decision

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
That's not what he said, he said he doesn't ask his employees' opinions on whom he employs.

And come on, you're an intelligent person. Is it really without precedent in the NFL for a team to say to a player "we're replacing you, you and your agent can start soliciting trade offers?" When you get "replaced" in the real world, your company usually doesn't get compensation from your future employer.

LOL I was just teasing. You always ask your key employees opinion and include them in a portion of process. In the real world.

I think it would have been the right thing to do for the Broncos to be made aware. But his agency probably did, literally minutes after the Broncos inquired about Manning!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Why does he deserve credit? He isn't the coach or the GM. He knows little about personnel matters or modern NFL contracts. He isn't an expert on running backs or pass rushers. Those things would fall under Fox and Xanders far more yes? I guess he signed off on the moves, but you're crazy if you think they were his brainchild.

According to Xander's he wasn't making the GM decisions before either. Xander's cannot scout for ****.

oubronco
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Err...I think you're missing the whole "bold faced lying to him and not communicating with him through this whole Manning affair" thing. But that's not important right?

Does Tebow have a phone?

broncosteven
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
More like 12 years. Peyton had a pretty rough first 16 games. Had a lower QB rating than Tim Tebow does, in fact. Mostly because he led the league in interceptions. Then he missed his 14th season. Otherwise known as last year.

Fair enough.

That is still enough to get him in the HOF. Mind you I don't like Manning, I think he is pass happy and it hurts him in the playoffs but we would be a better team with a healthy Manning than a young inconsistent Tebow.

errand
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Willis McGahee and Von Miller were both on the field. Do they get any credit?

Evidamdently not, according to the clown posse of nuthuggers......

extralife
03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Macgahee was hurt down the stretch all the time and Miller disappeared after he got the cast. Not even close.

and we finished the season 1-4. imagine that.

TotallyScrewed
03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Why should they? Is he writing the checks? Fox is already on record saying he wants 2 new QB's to compete with Tebo. Payton Manning is the biggest freeagent to hit the open market in the history of the NFL. It's not like it's Matt Cassel or Donavon Mcnabb. I honestly dont think Tebo made any of these statements anyway it's just the media drumming up a story.

Exactly HOW is signing Manning increasing the QB competition??? I do agree that until I hear it from Tebow's mouth, I don't believe that he's made these statements.

If they sign Manning for $20M+ per year, he better be the starter, hands down!

If they sign two other QB's and the three will "actually compete" then that's fair and Tebow and everyone else will say so.

But IF the FO didn't tell Tebow anything, then they get what they get...

Ultimately...

NO Manning.

Perhaps NO Tebow.

A rookie or has-been QB.

No advancement in FA.

Same ole, same ole...Well under .500 season in 2012. But heck, their fans continue to pay up on ticket increases and they still get revenue sharing, so life's good. We want to build through the draft...the best way is to have high draft picks, right?

houghtam
03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
LOL I was just teasing. You always ask your key employees opinion and include them in a portion of process. In the real world.

I think it would have been the right thing to do for the Broncos to be made aware. But his agency probably did, literally minutes after the Broncos inquired about Manning!

Dude probably put the call on speakerphone so Tebow's agent could hear.

bombay
03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Wonder if NE would trade for Mallet straight up?

That would be an interesting proposition. The guy has the biggest arm in the league. His brain, when last heard from, was functioning at or below Jeff George level, unfortunately.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:13 PM
According to Xander's he wasn't making the GM decisions before either. Xander's cannot scout for ****.

Even if that's true, we're going to give the credit to a former QB with no personnel experience over a defensive coach of many decades? Okay...

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 05:13 PM
What happened the last three games of the regular season? Especially Buffalo. That was an ass whoopin'.

extralife
03-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Err...I think you're missing the whole "bold faced lying to him and not communicating with him through this whole Manning affair" thing. But that's not important right?

No. It's not.

And the team directly lied to Cutler as well. Hell, the owner directly lied to Cutler.

Tebow is a QB that this regime did not draft. He does not fit their profile. No other team in the NFL wants him, and he has not improved an iota since he came into the league. He cannot read a defense or throw a short or intermediate ball. Despite all that, we tailored an entire offense to him in the middle of the season, which I guess was not enough for King Tebow and his cult. After this, Peyton Manning--who has more QB ability in his cock than Tebow has displayed in his entire life--became available and expressed an interest in the team. You'll excuses me for not giving a **** what Tim Tebow thinks about the situation. Should they give him a courtesy call? Yeah, probably. Is it a deal breaker? For a player with no leverage? Give me a break.

bombay
03-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@hofstetter303: @dmac1043 please tell me this PM crap will be resolved by Monday!! Tired of this nonsense.”IMO he's a Titan monday </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043

“@hofstetter303: @dmac1043 please tell me this PM crap will be resolved by Monday!! Tired of this nonsense.”IMO he's a Titan monday"

Dbag is a blithering idiot. If he's tired of stalking peyton manning, the answer is quite simple. Stop stalking him.

broncosteven
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
What happened the last three games of the regular season? Especially Buffalo. That was an ass whoopin'.

Or the KFC game that we lost 3-7...

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Macgahee was hurt down the stretch all the time and Miller disappeared after he got the cast. Not even close.

;)

oubronco
03-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Tebow happened

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
;)

Strange. In the KC loss, we had 145 yards rushing (McGahee) and only 60 passing.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Tebow happened

Dennis Allen happened...just ask Seattle....

errand
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Why does he deserve credit? He isn't the coach or the GM. He knows little about personnel matters or modern NFL contracts. He isn't an expert on running backs or pass rushers. Those things would fall under Fox and Xanders far more yes? I guess he signed off on the moves, but you're crazy if you think they were his brainchild.

So why are you ripping Elway if he has nothing to do with the personnel moves?

TotallyScrewed
Evidamdently not, according to the clown posse of nuthuggers......

Why to both sides of this say the exact opposite thing??

Tebow haters: Denver wins because of Von Miller and Willis McGahee.

Tebow lovers: Denver wins because of Tim Tebow.

How do you all not understand that it's a TEAM game. They win or lose with how each plays on a particular day. They won because of x-player(s) argument is dumb. Try a better argument.

Agamemnon
Strange. In the KC loss, we had 145 yards rushing (McGahee) and only 60 passing.

Cherry picking. For losers with flimsy positions.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
So why are you ripping Elway if he has nothing to do with the personnel moves?

Because he is the big picture guy and fixated on the QB situation. And the big picture and QB situation currently look like a giant canvas of ****.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:22 PM

The lucky breaks, pick 6's, ST TD's and Tebow gimmick wore off.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Tebow happened

Some would say tape happened too! ;D

Drunken.Broncoholic
Even if that's true, we're going to give the credit to a former QB with no personnel experience over a defensive coach of many decades? Okay...

Oh I do believe fox has his fingerprints over this team. But I can't see Xander's. He's always been a capologist. Numbers guy. And now he's lost that job to arguably one of the best cap gurus around. I really dont know what Xander's does. I wanted de costa.

errand

Add in Tebow's piss poor performance over the last few weeks, and you'll be able understand why we finished season 0-3..... See how that works? It's a team win.....and a team loss

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 05:25 PM

Pot still calling out that kettle!

Agamemnon

How do you all not understand that it's a TEAM game. They win or lose with how each plays on a particular day. They won because of x-player(s) argument is dumb. Try a better argument.

Actually, outside of nuts like MacGruder, most of the pro-Tebow posters have never made any such claim. We simply give the kid the credit he deserves for being a big part of the team's resurgence. It's the haters who insist on deflecting any credit from the kid. They act like we won in spite of him in fact, despite the reality that we couldn't win a damn thing before he became the starter.

Bronco Rob

Ask Dick LaBeau and the NFL's number one ranked defense about that "gimmick"....

;)

Taco John

Bold faced lying? The hyperbole around this situation is great. I hope that all this wonderful hyperbole doesn't leave with Tebow.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM

This thread was going fine until you showed up with your name calling. Sounds like your position is the one that's weak. Ergo, you make up for it by calling people names.

TotallyScrewed
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM

Rarely does one stat tell the whole story. Of course, if your selling your point and don't want the whole story, then okay.

Tebow had an awful day. So did nearly all of the Broncos, including the game plan and in-game decisions.

extralife
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Actually, outside of nuts like MacGruder, most of the pro-Tebow posters have never made any such claim. We simply give the kid the credit he deserves for being a big part of the team's resurgence. It's the haters who insist on deflecting any credit from the kid. They act like we won in spite of him in fact, despite the reality that we couldn't win a damn thing before he became the starter.

so if we got dramatically better when we replaced one QB with a better one...then what is the argument against Manning, exactly?

ScottXray
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Dude probably put the call on speakerphone so Tebow's agent could hear.

Since Manning and Tebows agency ( not sure about the actual agent) are the same, they probably just thought he would find out that way...
Its pretty obvious since the Broncos said they have had NO contact with Tebow that they didn't let him know....and calling his agent would fall under that statement.
They screwed this up , big time!

Taco John
03-18-2012, 05:30 PM

I've been on Tebow's bandwagon all year. I had hoped he'd be a Bronco for a long time to come.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:31 PM
so if we got dramatically better when we replaced one QB with a better one...then what is the argument against Manning, exactly?

He's old. He's not healthy. He's a short-term solution for a team that really needs a long-term rebuilding approach. Signing him effectively ends Tebow's development for the sake of immediate gratification (if he plays three years for us he retires at the same time Tebow's contract expires, assuming we kept Tebow).

These things should be pretty obvious.

errand
03-18-2012, 05:32 PM

How could that be possible? Surely Tebow played in that game, right?

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Rarely does one stat tell the whole story. Of course, if your selling your point and don't want the whole story, then okay.

Tebow had an awful day. So did nearly all of the Broncos, including the game plan and in-game decisions.

The previous poster stated that McGahee was injured, and that was the issue. In the KC game, that's not true. I didn't see any difference in game plan from previous games.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:33 PM
He's not going to demand it publicly, dude. Remember, this is a Cold War. .

Kind of hard to fight a war when you don't have any leverage or ammunition.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:36 PM

I saw a defense hold an nfl team to 7 points.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 05:37 PM
“At the end of the day, we're very comfortable with Tim Tebow. Tim turned us from a 4-12 team to a playoff team,” John Fox said. “Our goal was to be champions at the beginning of the season. We became division champs. We weren't conference champs or Super Bowl champs.

;)

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Ask Dick LaBeau and the NFL's number one ranked defense about that "gimmick"....

;)

Yeah That happens when you play cover zero. Poor game plan.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM
I saw a defense hold an nfl team to 7 points.

I saw Kuper's ankle do inhuman and unholy things. Bad things man. Bad things.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah That happens when you play cover zero. Poor game plan.

A hall of fame player & coach that failed to make the proper adjustments is whose fault??

TotallyScrewed
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Really?? Ummm...

He's 36, so he's really a rental.

He's had four neck surgeries in the last year, so his health has to be questioned and "cleared to play" doesn't mean much. With his mellon head and a weakened neck, that's trouble. And given the performance of Denver's o-line, and Mannings foot speed, he's a dead man.

He's going to cost $20M+ (x3 in guarantied money).

LASTLY, he's not going to sign with Denver.

What's the argument for a player with those issues??

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:41 PM

Man that was ugly. I've always liked Kuper too. Great guy. Hopefully that ankle doesn't have future problems. Its tough with ankles.

The Moops
03-18-2012, 05:41 PM
If your wife was propositioning Clooney wouldn't you leave? Ok. That's weird. But you get my point .

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
If your wife was propositioning Clooney wouldn't you leave? Ok. That's weird. But you get my point .

LOL :notworthy

All win.

chrisp
03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
As I write this there are still three clear possibilities:

Front office hates Tebow and wants to ship him out any way they can without a backlash
Front office believes in Tebow and will do everything they can to calm him down and smooth the situation over
Manning will sign for us which means that what the FO thinks of Tebow.....no longer matters, wahey!!

How anyone can say that they have any certainty about which one is the truth at this stage is beyond me....

Lycan
03-18-2012, 05:43 PM

Willis saw it too.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/936712/MCGAHEE-KUPER.gif

Bronco Rob
Let's put Tebow aside for a minute. With Tebow aside, the Broncos were a bad team: 1-4 this year, 5-15 dating back to 2010. It was only through the magic of Tebow that the Broncos made the playoffs this year. He lifted the Broncos from a 25th league ranking in rushing through five games, to a No. 1 ranking by season's end.

It's OK to bash his passing, as long as it's remembered the Broncos averaged 190 yards rushing in his 11 starts.

Without Tebow, in other words, the Broncos are an extremely flawed team. Without Tebow, they would not have been a playoff team this year.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_19770861

rugbythug
Bold faced lying? The hyperbole around this situation is great. I hope that all this wonderful hyperbole doesn't leave with Tebow.

It did not come with him so I doubt it leaves with him. Griese/Plummer/Cutler/Orton/Tebow the hyperbole freight train.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Because he is the big picture guy and fixated on the QB situation. And the big picture and QB situation currently look like a giant canvas of ****.
I wouldn't go that far in in describing the current Broncos starting QB....Tim Tebow.

rbackfactory80
How could that be possible? Surely Tebow played in that game, right?

Paging Aaron Rodgers.

TotallyScrewed
The previous poster stated that McGahee was injured, and that was the issue. In the KC game, that's not true. I didn't see any difference in game plan from previous games.

In a way, that's a problem...unless your a dominant team...right?

How many times did Tebow run the ball in that game? Why did Denver elect not to kick a field goal at the end of the first half? Their kicker easily makes kicks and as others have pointed out, the defense held KC to 7 points.

errand
03-18-2012, 05:45 PM

I doubt you will do so, (and I wouldn't blame you) but if you really want to see how we arrived at this junction, you would have to wade thru many debates over how one side stated Tebow was the SOLITARY reason, while the rest of us argued it was a combination of good defense, good ST play, timely big plays, and a little divine intervention/luc, including Tebow's contributions as ONE OF MANY reasons.

Spider
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Tebow is such a pussy , Back when Dan Reeves brought Tommy Maddox here , and paraded him around as Elway replacement , you didnt See Elway demand a trade , Elway just kicked Maddox and Reeves ass out of town on the clown train .........fuggin poosy

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
A hall of fame player & coach that failed to make the proper adjustments is whose fault??

They shut Denver down for all but three plays. Polomalu bit on run fake in OT. It was far from offensive genius. Only a tebowite and a complete homer thinks we can win playing this way. Pitt has smaller CB's that aren't that great at press man to man. Look at last 5 games of the year and you will see the awesome Denver Bronco offense who specialty is 3 and out's and 14 ppg average while going 1-4. Oh yeah the 3 and outs led to giving up 162 pts while Tim Tebow's awesome passing ability scored 73. :thumbs:

The fact who you have as your adopt a bronco speaks volumes of what you know about football.

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Tebow is such a p***Y , Back when Dan Reeves brought Tommy Maddox here , and paraded him around as Elway replacement , you didnt See Elway demand a trade , Elway just kicked Maddox and Reeves ass out of town on the clown train .........fuggin poosy

Dude Elway bitched and moaned and wanted to be traded all the time.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM
1-4 to start the year wasn't out of the ordinary. This was a lockout year. Other teams had coaches playbooks schemes all into place. The teams that had entire coaching rebuilds were affected more by the lockout.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM
They shut Denver down for all but three plays. Polomalu bit on run fake in OT. It was far from offensive genius. Only a tebowite and a complete homer thinks we can win playing this way. Pitt has smaller CB's that aren't that great at press man to man. Look at last 5 games of the year and you will see the awesome Denver Bronco offense who specialty is 3 and out's and 14 ppg average while going 1-4. Oh yeah the 3 and outs led to giving up 162 pts while Tim Tebow's awesome passing ability scored 73. :thumbs:

The owner of the Steelers begs to differ....

"We got three huge breaks: the lateral pass to Mike Wallace they whistled dead, the (Willis) McGahee fumble, and Champ Bailey's dropped interception. And we still had to pull a rabbit out of the hat to tie."

:thumbs:

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Dude Elway b****ed and moaned and wanted to be traded all the time.

It was reeves who whined and cried to trade Elway. Didn't work out in his favor.

Spider
03-18-2012, 05:54 PM

your retarded

TotallyScrewed
03-18-2012, 05:54 PM
I doubt you will do so, (and I wouldn't blame you) but if you really want to see how we arrived at this junction, you would have to wade thru many debates over how one side stated Tebow was the SOLITARY reason, while the rest of us argued it was a combination of good defense, good ST play, timely big plays, and a little divine intervention/luc, including Tebow's contributions as ONE OF MANY reasons.

Then we agree...TEAM game.

Now, if your frustrated with people claiming Tebow won anything by himself, I can understand. What I don't understand is the reverse idea that Miller or McGahee or Elway won anything by themselves. It's a silly argument.

oubronco
03-18-2012, 05:55 PM

Beavis your such a Butthead

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't go that far in in describing the current Broncos starting QB....Tim Tebow.

If only that was our current QB situation. I'll be shocked if Tebow ever plays for the Broncos again.

Spider
03-18-2012, 05:57 PM
It was reeves who whined and cried to trade Elway. Didn't work out in his favor.

Reeves never wanted Elway from day one .....

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
The owner of the Steelers begs to differ....

"We got three huge breaks: the lateral pass to Mike Wallace they whistled dead, the (Willis) McGahee fumble, and Champ Bailey's dropped interception. And we still had to pull a rabbit out of the hat to tie."

:thumbs:

Blah blah you can paint over rust but that doesn't make it go away. Tebow is a gimmick player and you have to be able to throw to win in NFL. Who was last superbowl winning QB that wasn't a stud to win a superbowl that wasn't on a team that had a top 10 alltime defense.

errand
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM

Fair enough, now doesn't Tebow have some culpability in muddying up the picture by being a less than stellar passer?

I mean when Trent Dilfer helped Ravens to SB win, he was immediately replaced by team because they felt he was limiting the ability of the offense because of his less than stellar passing skills.

Ditto for Jake in Denver....he helped broncos win like 75% of his starts, but many people felt despite his winning games his less than stellar passing skills (in particularly throwing from the pocket) limited Mike's high octane offense.

Tebow helped us win games, division, and a playoff game.....that still doesn't mean our coaching staff/FO doesn't believe his passing skills (or lack there of) limit the team's offensive abilities

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Blah blah you can paint over rust but that doesn't make it go away. Tebow is a gimmick player and you have to be able to throw to win in NFL. Who was last superbowl winning QB that wasn't a stud to win a superbowl that wasn't on a team that had a top 10 alltime defense.

it's almost as if Tebow haters prefer failure over success... if that success comes because of a player they dislike.

just a reminder for everyone, our QBs since Elway...

• Griese playoff wins with Denver = 0
• Plummer playoff wins with Denver = 1
• Cutler playoff wins with Denver = 0
• Orton playoff wins with Denver = 0
• Tebow playoff wins with Denver = 1

:thumbsup:

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Fair enough, now doesn't Tebow have some culpability in muddying up the picture by being a less than stellar passer?

I mean when Trent Dilfer helped Ravens to SB win, he was immediately replaced by team because they felt he was limiting the ability of the offense because of his less than stellar passing skills.

Ditto for Jake in Denver....he helped broncos win like 75% of his starts, but many people felt despite his winning games his less than stellar passing skills (in particularly throwing from the pocket) limited Mike's high octane offense.

Tebow helped us win games, division, and a playoff game.....that still doesn't mean our coaching staff/FO doesn't believe his passing skills (or lack there of) limit the team's offensive abilities

Tebow's a developing QB for ****'s sake. A developing QB not having all-pro passing stats is "muddying up the picture"? Jesus Christ...

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
it's almost as if Tebow haters prefer failure over success... if that success comes because of a player they dislike.

So do you think we can win a superbowl with Tebow? You can argue with stats but you sound like Bob when you do it.

errand
03-18-2012, 06:06 PM

So please give us your opinion of Plummer....afterall, we made playoffs 3 consecutive seasons under him, one AFCCG appearance, and were 7-4 and in the hunt in 2006 when he was sacked as our starter....

By your logic we never should have replaced Jake despite his foibles, which probably means Mike is still in Denver, and Tebow wouldn't even be a Bronco.

oubronco
03-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Tebow's a developing QB for ****'s sake. A developing QB not having all-pro passing stats is "muddying up the picture"? Jesus Christ...

He doesn't even have half decent passing stats FFS

Chris
Tebow is such a p***Y , Back when Dan Reeves brought Tommy Maddox here , and paraded him around as Elway replacement , you didnt See Elway demand a trade , Elway just kicked Maddox and Reeves ass out of town on the clown train .........fuggin poosy

I agree Tebow should get Elway fired

Jay3
Let's put Tebow aside for a minute. With Tebow aside, the Broncos were a bad team: 1-4 this year, 5-15 dating back to 2010. It was only through the magic of Tebow that the Broncos made the playoffs this year. He lifted the Broncos from a 25th league ranking in rushing through five games, to a No. 1 ranking by season's end.

It's OK to bash his passing, as long as it's remembered the Broncos averaged 190 yards rushing in his 11 starts.

Without Tebow, in other words, the Broncos are an extremely flawed team. Without Tebow, they would not have been a playoff team this year.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_19770861

And part of the reason for the high rushing total was the HUGE number of rushing attempts McCoy called. Serious after series, he would call rushing plays on first and second down. Those increase the rushing numbers, but they make it murder on a young quarterback, with all his attempts coming with no surprise.

Sure, the Tebow-haters say "McCoy had no choice, because Tebow sucks." But that's bringing everything back to where you want to be, biased.

The point is that Tebow's stats suffered (total yards, total TD's, and probably completion percentage) because of McCoy play-calling that way. I'm willing to tip the hat to McCoy on the basis of "Hey, it worked, they won and made the postseason." But by the same token, Tebow gets that same benefit of the doubt.

He didn't have a single game where he could do some stat-padding practice. In fact, we had Broncos fans going "Oh, Lord, here comes Tebow padding his stats against prevent" when the guy was right in the middle of an improbable comeback.

Tebow is capable if much better statistical performance than this crazy, lockout season yielded. When some actual efficiency gets combined with his extreme knack for winning games, it will be scary.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 06:08 PM
So do you think we can win a superbowl with Tebow? You can argue with stats but you sound like Bob when you do it.

Funny how the topic changes when confronted with the facts....

;)

errand
03-18-2012, 06:08 PM

LOL

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I rewatched SB 34 yesterday (Rams vs Titans). It dawned on me that Tebow at QB would never be able to beat the kind of D the Titans had on the field that day. They rushed every hole and plugged every gap. They blitzed on almost every play. And Warner was able to keep holding them off with quick passes, spreading the ball around, and making very fast decisions. Even then, Kearse and Holmes were putting a hurt on him and the Rams' receivers were getting zero YAC. It was all Warner. Tebow, in that situation, gets dismantled. He could never win that kind of game. He just doesn't have the skills. And that's the kind of game you want to look at when you decide who your QB is going to be. The Broncos play the Steelers next season. If this team remains largely the same and both teams are healthy, we'll see...

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
So please give us your opinion of Plummer....afterall, we made playoffs 3 consecutive seasons under him, one AFCCG appearance, and were 7-4 and in the hunt in 2006 when he was sacked as our starter....

By your logic we never should have replaced Jake despite his foibles, which probably means Mike is still in Denver, and Tebow wouldn't even be a Bronco.

I appreciate your ability to assume what my opinion of what Plummer was. Keep up the great work Horatio Caine....

;)

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I disagree with the notion the Broncos would have trouble trading Tim Tebow if they land free-agent Peyton Manning.

True, the quarterback spots are filling up. There are way more quality backup QBs available (Vince Young, Josh Johnson, Dennis Dixon) than backup jobs. GMs and coaches might balk at adding Tebow, who plays quarterback along a path unfamiliar to NFL GMs and coaches, and also carries along the distraction of a passionate fan base.

But as we learned from Tennessee’s late pursuit of Peyton Manning, owners have the right to trump the GM and coach.

Tebow, all by himself, lifted the Broncos from a six-year malaise in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly made the Broncos relevant in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly energized the Broncos’ fan base. And Tebow all but singlehandedly lifted a bad team — NFL worst 7-24 from Nov. 1, 2009 until he got his first start in Game 6 of 2011 — to the playoffs.

What owner who struggles to sell 10,000 seats every home week wouldn’t want that? Even if it’s as a No. 3 quarterback/package player, Tebow has value.

And interest in Tebow doesn’t just have to be limited to owners. I’m just throwing this out there, but the Cleveland Browns, for instance.

I’m telling you right now, Colt McCoy can’t carry Tebow’s Bible-stuffed gym bag. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and GM Brian Xanders worked out, and went to the board, with both Tebow and McCoy the week before the 2010 draft, remember?

They were so impressed with McCoy, the Broncos traded away three draft picks to move up and take Tebow in the first round.

more...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/18/trade-market-strong-tebow/12599/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Spider
03-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I agree Tebow should get Elway fired

well not any ones fault Tebow has no balls but Tebow

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Funny how the topic changes when confronted with the facts....

;)

No there was a lot of luck and good fortune to pull off what we did. That is a fact and you have to admit that.

rbackfactory80
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
I rewatched SB 34 yesterday (Rams vs Titans). It dawned on me that Tebow at QB would never be able to beat the kind of D the Titans had on the field that day. They rushed every hole and plugged every gap. They blitzed on almost every play. And Warner was able to keep holding them off with quick passes, spreading the ball around, and making very fast decisions. Even then, Kearse and Holmes were putting a hurt on him and the Rams' receivers were getting zero YAC. It was all Warner. Tebow, in that situation, gets dismantled. He could never win that kind of game. He just doesn't have the skills. And that's the kind of game you want to look at when you decide who your QB is going to be. The Broncos play the Steelers next season. If this team remains largely the same and both teams are healthy, we'll see...

That's funny. I watched that game too and all I could think about was how a developed Tebow would be very similar to McNair. Would be fine with me.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
No there was a lot of luck and good fortune to pull off what we did. That is a fact and you have to admit that.

Luck and good fortune..

meet perception and reality...

toad
a developed Tebow would be very similar to McNair. Would be fine with me.

Damn straight - I could live with that too.

Rohirrim
That's funny. I watched that game too and all I could think about was how a developed Tebow would be very similar to McNair. Would be fine with me.

Sure, but I want the QB who wins the game. ;D

Heyneck

Luck is for losers. Work hard and you make your own luck.

barryr
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Ah, so the Broncos won with Tebow because of a lot of luck, meaning either Tebow was holding the team back, which factually their record when he didn't start was 4-14, so that doesn't add up, or the roster really isn't that good, but the Broncos apparently think they are a Manning away from a Super Bowl since barely making any effort in FA until Manning is signed or not. We can't have it both ways here.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
I disagree with the notion the Broncos would have trouble trading Tim Tebow if they land free-agent Peyton Manning.

They might not have a problem trading him, but getting any value out him is another subject.

errand
03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Then we agree...TEAM game.

Now, if your frustrated with people claiming Tebow won anything by himself, I can understand. What I don't understand is the reverse idea that Miller or McGahee or Elway won anything by themselves. It's a silly argument.

I can only speak for myself....I've included Tim in giving credit for the wins. Now I will admit I have given him more than his share of blame for the losses, but that had more to do with defending his team mates basically being exclusively blamed for the losses or Tim's struggles....and it is rather funny watching the nuthuggers scramble to their laminated Tim Tebow excuse sheets when he was criticized

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Ah, so the Broncos won with Tebow because of a lot of luck, meaning either Tebow was holding the team back, which factually their record when he didn't start was 4-14, so that doesn't add up, or the roster really isn't that good, but the Broncos apparently think they are a Manning away from a Super Bowl since barely making any effort in FA until Manning is signed or not. We can't have it both ways here.

Err...I'm pretty sure the EFX fans who hate Tebow and are hoping with every fiber of their being that we sign Manning would disagree.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I can only speak for myself....I've included Tim in giving credit for the wins. Now I will admit I have given him more than his share of blame for the losses, but that had more to do with defending his team mates basically being exclusively blamed for the losses or Tim's struggles....and it is rather funny watching the nuthuggers scramble to their laminated Tim Tebow excuse sheets when he was criticized

it's funny,when we won it was all TT,when we lost it was everyone but TT.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 06:27 PM
They might not have a problem trading him, but getting any value out him is another subject.

for sure... I hope we keep him. But you are right... if we trade him I am sure we throw him away. It's the FO's MO.

rbackfactory80
03-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Sure, but I want the QB who wins the game. ;D

What a game. McNair was faster than I remembered him. Wouldn't it be funny if the Titans grabbed Manning, he took them to the bowl and beat the Rams coached by Fisher. That would be unbelievable. I was thinking about that too.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 06:29 PM
What a game. McNair was faster than I remembered him. Wouldn't it be funny if the Titans grabbed Manning, he took them to the bowl and beat the Rams coached by Fisher. That would be unbelievable. I was thinking about that too.

Yep. I thought of that too. Warner definitely deserved that MVP. Jevon Kearse was scary back in the day.

baja
03-18-2012, 06:30 PM

And the playoff game against one of the best DCs in the league?

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
And the playoff game against one of the best DCs in the league?

Who is still wondering why Troy bit on the run. ;D

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Luck is for losers. Work hard and you make your own luck.

;)

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Who is still wondering why Troy bit on the run. ;D

;)

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 06:40 PM

True, the quarterback spots are filling up. There are way more quality backup QBs available (Vince Young, Josh Johnson, Dennis Dixon) than backup jobs. GMs and coaches might balk at adding Tebow, who plays quarterback along a path unfamiliar to NFL GMs and coaches, and also carries along the distraction of a passionate fan base.

But as we learned from Tennessee’s late pursuit of Peyton Manning, owners have the right to trump the GM and coach.

Tebow, all by himself, lifted the Broncos from a six-year malaise in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly made the Broncos relevant in 2011. Tebow singlehandedly energized the Broncos’ fan base. And Tebow all but singlehandedly lifted a bad team — NFL worst 7-24 from Nov. 1, 2009 until he got his first start in Game 6 of 2011 — to the playoffs.

What owner who struggles to sell 10,000 seats every home week wouldn’t want that? Even if it’s as a No. 3 quarterback/package player, Tebow has value.

And interest in Tebow doesn’t just have to be limited to owners. I’m just throwing this out there, but the Cleveland Browns, for instance.

I’m telling you right now, Colt McCoy can’t carry Tebow’s Bible-stuffed gym bag. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and GM Brian Xanders worked out, and went to the board, with both Tebow and McCoy the week before the 2010 draft, remember?

They were so impressed with McCoy, the Broncos traded away three draft picks to move up and take Tebow in the first round.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/18/trade-market-strong-tebow/12599/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

;)

txtebow
03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
was lady luck on our side last year? you betcha'!

But I am of the thought that we try and develop Tebow being that this will be his first official off season. Plus he was slated to get starters reps in TC.the growth from a QB's 1st year as a starter to his second is usually very telling one way or another (A Rodgers or V Young) and it seems as though we are going to yank the carpet away from him before we get to see the fruits of our coaches labor....We all realize that Manning is a sure fire HOF'er and probably a top 5 QB of all time...but if he winds up as Joe Montana in KC only in a Bronco uniform we fans will always wonder what if regarding Tebow.

I am now of the mindset that I want to see Manning wearing a XXXXXXXXL niners or titans hat no later than Tuesday....

baja
03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Well here we are in the mist of a thread where every nuance has been explored and dissected round and round.

Here's my take.

Broncos without Tim Tebow = boring and disappointing

Broncos with Tim Tebow = amazingly exciting.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 07:16 PM
well not any ones fault Tebow has no balls but Tebow

I think you are saying Tebow neutered himself? Am I right or am I right?

oubronco
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM
The Wildcat was effective at one point as well

TonyR
03-18-2012, 07:29 PM
5:46 pm Interesting tweet from Greg Cosell, who watches more film than anyone on earth: When 1st thing people discuss in evaluating QB is intangibles, work ethic, competitiveness, that's shorthand for can't throw well enough.

Not sure who he's talking about here, so if you assumed it was Tebow, well, then that's on you.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/free-agency-3-18-2012

https://twitter.com/#!/gregcosell/status/181496236958953472

Spider
03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
I think you are saying Tebow neutered himself? Am I right or am I right?

with his indecision in the pocket

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 07:41 PM
The Wildcat was effective at one point as well

Yeah til teams got enough film to figure out how to stop it thus stumble down the stretch against powerhouses like KC and Buffalo.

Garcia Bronco
03-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Even if true...why would you circulate this info? Its garbage.

houghtam
03-18-2012, 08:44 PM
5:46 pm Interesting tweet from Greg Cosell, who watches more film than anyone on earth: When 1st thing people discuss in evaluating QB is intangibles, work ethic, competitiveness, that's shorthand for can't throw well enough.

That's just silly. That's how people described Elway. Hell, the first thing they talk about with Manning is how smart he is.

That's a pretty dumb statement by a pretty smart guy.

errand
03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
That's just silly. That's how people described Elway. Hell, the first thing they talk about with Manning is how smart he is.

Nobody ever said Elway couldn't throw the ball.....

Even while struggling as a rookie, you knew he was going to be one of the best EVER....

Boltjolt
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM

;)

Thats a pretty bad article. Sure, Tebow did it ALL by himself. Truth be told if he were a better QB, you wouldnt of needed any last minute miracles and i dont recall Tebow sacking or tackling anyone.

In anycase as a Charger fan and division rival, i hope Tebow stays if Manning signs elsewhere. I know Philip Rivers went on record on the radio and said he hopes Manning signs with you because he loves the challenge that Manning gives and it makes the division have more credibility but me.....i like that Tebow cant throw.

If im 36 and wanting another ring though, im probably signing with SF.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-18-2012, 08:59 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/429947_392233544122946_100000089124736_1555598_178 6815844_n.jpg

Jekyll15Hyde
03-18-2012, 09:39 PM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr19/Thunderchicken42/DwightFistPump.gif

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Dedhed
03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Thats a pretty bad article. Sure, Tebow did it ALL by himself. Truth be told if he were a better QB, you wouldnt of needed any last minute miracles
Orton had 13 opportunities for comebacks in 2010, failed 13 times. But I'm sure Orton is the better QB to you.

Let's say we focus on failed comebacks, who"s better; Tebow or Rivers?

KevinJames
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Well here we are in the mist of a thread where every nuance has been explored and dissected round and round.

Here's my take.

More like

Broncos with Kyle Orton = boring and disappointing

baja
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
More like

Broncos with Kyle Orton = boring and disappointing

Well if you drop the boring and replace it with pathetic you can go back some years.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Here's my take.

Melonhead's not gonna sign, so yeah, that's about the size of it.

Boltjolt
03-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Orton had 13 opportunities for comebacks in 2010, failed 13 times. But I'm sure Orton is the better QB to you.

Let's say we focus on failed comebacks, who"s better; Tebow or Rivers?

Your defense was dead last in 2010 and you gave up 471 points. Last season they gave up 380 and were 20th. If your defense was as bad last season as the season before, Tebow wouldnt have any comebacks because you wouldnt be in the game like you were many times.

Im not saying anything about Orton being better. Im saying Tebow stinks and was helped a lot by your defense so for that guy to say he did it all by himself is crappy journalism and let me remind you that Orton beat Tebow because he was 6 for 22 passing and a 20.6 rating.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Can't believe no one has posted it... but this happened like 30 min ago. If I can't sleep... then no one can. It's IB... but still he sound really cocky right now!!!

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Broncos have WON the Peyton Manning sweepstakes!!! (His decision has been finalized announcement within 48Hrs)

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: No Titans 4 Peyton Manning.. He will be <s>#</s>MileHigh (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23MileHigh) Peyton (Broncos are back!) : This should keep u haters up now

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Denver Broncos are back (Rick Ross Voice) Peyton Manning is on his way to <s>#</s>MileHigh (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23MileHigh) : <s>#</s>IBN (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23IBN) (Get it trending)

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob (http://twitter.com/#%21/incarceratedbob)

DBroncos4life
03-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Can't believe no one has posted it... but this happened like 30 min ago. If I can't sleep... then no one can. It's IB... but still he sound really cocky right now!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob (http://twitter.com/#%21/incarceratedbob)

**** twitter info.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:51 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/429947_392233544122946_100000089124736_1555598_178 6815844_n.jpg

Whose the Broncos quarterback?

Right now?

Are you supporting him?

;)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Whose the Broncos quarterback?

Right now?

Are you supporting him?

;)

If he's a Bronco, then yes. Be it Tebow, Manning or even Webber. Or maybe a this year draftee.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 11:29 PM
If he's a Bronco, then yes. Be it Tebow, Manning or even Webber. Or maybe a this year draftee.

;)

SPORTSWRITER
03-19-2012, 01:22 AM
I was contacted tonight by a source who I used to talk to regularly, but haven't heard from in awhile. He's a guy who had given me some good information in the past, and I fully trust the information he's relayed to me tonight.

To cut straight to the point, he's told me that information he's received today says that regardless of how this Manning situation turns out, Tebow will be asking for a trade once the dust clears and Manning has made a decision. He's not asking to go to a specific team, and he does not require a starting role. The source says that he's disappointed that the Broncos are not showing any confidence in him, and he's being advised that he'd be better off in another organization.

The source says Tebow is currently being tight-lipped about this - he's wanted to go public but his advisors have told him to wait until the smoke clears on the Manning situation.

Story is clearly developing...

Not saying you're wrong, or your source as the case may be, but it's just that I do not depict Tebow as the "cry baby" type like Cutler. I think Tim knows that it's all business, and his faith tells him that God will direct him to the best play for him to play, regardless of the Manning outcome.

Taco John
03-19-2012, 02:28 AM
Not saying you're wrong, or your source as the case may be, but it's just that I do not depict Tebow as the "cry baby" type like Cutler. I think Tim knows that it's all business, and his faith tells him that God will direct him to the best play for him to play, regardless of the Manning outcome.

Cry baby is a perception. Elway was considered a "cry baby" for not wanting to go to Baltimore. Eli was considered a "cry baby" for not wanting to go to San Diego. Both of them probably made the right choice for themselves. And as far as that goes, Jay Cutler looks like a genius right now for wanting to get as far away from Josh McDaniels as he could.

If Tebow thinks leaving Denver is what is best for his career, I don't have a problem with that. The way I see it, everybody has to do what they think is best for themselves first before they'll be of any use to anyone else. Some people would call him a cry baby, sure. But, in the end, he's going to have to do what he thinks is best for himself. Football careers are very finite things, and every season counts.

Jay3
03-19-2012, 05:14 AM

Not sure who he's talking about here, so if you assumed it was Tebow, well, then that's on you.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/free-agency-3-18-2012

https://twitter.com/#!/gregcosell/status/181496236958953472

I'm going to guess JaMarcus Russell

"Oh, man, can Russell flick it," says NFL Network analyst Greg Cosell, who has broken down film of Russell and Quinn. "Like Elway, he has the ability to see and make downfield throws 50 yards when he's on the move.

Cosell also thinks Russell has all the tools to be great. "This kid is a special passer, and he's got a complete inventory of throws," he says. "He's got that football intuition. He throws from different platforms, doesn't always have to be perfectly set and can move within the boxing-ring space of the pocket to find the quiet area."

peacepipe
03-19-2012, 05:21 AM
was lady luck on our side last year? you betcha'!

But I am of the thought that we try and develop Tebow being that this will be his first official off season. Plus he was slated to get starters reps in TC.the growth from a QB's 1st year as a starter to his second is usually very telling one way or another (A Rodgers or V Young) and it seems as though we are going to yank the carpet away from him before we get to see the fruits of our coaches labor....We all realize that Manning is a sure fire HOF'er and probably a top 5 QB of all time...but if he winds up as Joe Montana in KC only in a Bronco uniform we fans will always wonder what if regarding Tebow.

I am now of the mindset that I want to see Manning wearing a XXXXXXXXL niners or titans hat no later than Tuesday....

I will not wonder one bit. tebow is a few offseasons away if ever from becomming a passer in the NFL.

Jay3
03-19-2012, 05:24 AM
I will not wonder one bit. tebow is a few offseasons away if ever from becomming a passer in the NFL.

Love the hedging. Your uncertainty is delicious.

"I said a few offseasons! I predicted this!"

peacepipe
03-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Love the hedging. Your uncertainty is delicious.

"I said a few offseasons! I predicted this!"alright,I'll be more clear on it. I felt he was a bust when drafted & still think he's a bust.

Jay3
03-19-2012, 06:12 AM
alright,I'll be more clear on it. I felt he was a bust when drafted & still think he's a bust.

Understood. But you felt it there for a minute.

http://i.imgur.com/YeoZy.jpg

jhns
03-19-2012, 07:13 AM
alright,I'll be more clear on it. I felt he was a bust when drafted & still think he's a bust.

Then you don't know what a bust is... You are an idiot.

Rohirrim
03-19-2012, 07:35 AM

Wrong. The first thing people used to say about Elway was he had a rocket for an arm.

titan
03-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Tennessee paper says Denver is out of Manning sweepstakes:

According to league, and other sources the Denver Broncos, once thought to be the leading candidate has been eliminated, leaving the San Francisco 49ers to wait with the new favorite Tennessee Titans.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Multiple reports say Titans are leaders in Manning chase - Nashville Tennessee Titans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tennessee-titans-in-nashville/multiple-reports-say-titans-are-leaders-manning-chase#ixzz1pZQevEJv

http://t.co/mG3v4oXu

houghtam
03-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Wrong. The first thing people used to say about Elway was he had a rocket for an arm.

Wrong.

Bronco Rob
03-19-2012, 09:38 AM
;)