PDA

View Full Version : Source: Tebow wants out of Denver; Expected to request a trade after Manning decision

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bowtown
03-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Okay.

There really isn't many. Clowns like you just want to believe it's more, the rest are just Bronco fans who are excited about what Tebow brings to the table.

I love listening to one of them try to tell me there aren't many.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Okay.

There really isn't many. Clowns like you just want to believe it's more, the rest are just Bronco fans who are excited about what Tebow brings to the table.

he brings a great atitude,a strong desire to win but being a starter in the NFL is not a popularity contest. I'm sure there has been hundreds of QBs drafted that had great attitudes & strong desires to win but simply were not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

KO5K
03-18-2012, 07:45 AM
he brings a great atitude,a strong desire to win but being a starter in the NFL is not a popularity contest.

Yeah, it's about winning games.

Speaking about winning games....

elsid13
03-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Cool and congrats but why should anyone believe you one this, not trying to be rude but your throwing out a bold post with no real proof??

No offense, but TJ and this site had some very good sources over the years. There is a reason, that Broncos Media PR staff gave some of the members press pass for training camp. There is creditability behind this report if TJ believes his source.

bpc
03-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Remember guys, the Mark Sanchez/Carson Palmer/Philip Rivers of the world are who you want at QB. Players you will use top 10 draft picks on at QB.

Then you step back and see that Tebow beat them all, almost consecutively this year.

We're going in reverse this offseason.

BroncoInferno
03-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I love listening to one of them try to tell me there aren't many.

LOL Yep.

Broncos4tw
03-18-2012, 07:53 AM
True but Tebow is still learning and developing, much like all young NFL Qb's that are trying to transition from college to the NFL. His learning curve is greater I understand that, but most teams that have inexperienced QB's water down the playbook until they get their feet under them.

Hell, Jake Plummer was a ten year veteran and had to have the playbook adapted to be successful. Tebow has only started 20 or so Games!!

Which is why Jake was never going to win a SB, unless the team he was on had an amazing defense, and a great running game.

As far as Tebow goes, people think he can learn to "throw better." That doesn't happen at this level. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't have it, and he isn't going to learn it. You can't teach skill at that level. He had time to develop it.. which was in peewee, HS, college, and so on. He is not going to suddenly learn how to throw accurately or quickly read defenses and make a fast throw in a single offseason.. or even in 10 seasons. His style is what it is - and either a team has to accept it and build around it (which we did to some degree last year), or get rid of the guy.

Consider Elway, who people said Tebow was like... but which isn't really the case. Elway had a very accurate, very fast release. He could do some scrambling (i.e. running for his life), but his learning curve was more along the lines of what you get from a skilled yet green rookie - missing reads, trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL game, learning how to audible and read defenses, etc. Stuff you CAN correct over time. They had the skills, they needed time to fit them into the NFL. Tebow does not have those skills, and he never will.

Cam Newton is another great example. His team did not do great - and Cam had rookie issues. But he was amazing passing the ball, and as he learns to be an NFL QB, his #'s and wins will shoot up. He actually has the QB skills Tebow lacks.

Imo, Tebow is in what is now a very physical league. Not good news for a running QB. He was hurt twice in his first full year. Proves no matter how tough you are, you can still get hurt. And he is asking for a career ending injury, with all the running he does.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Which is why Jake was never going to win a SB, unless the team he was on had an amazing defense, and a great running game.

As far as Tebow goes, people think he can learn to "throw better." That doesn't happen at this level. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't have it, and he isn't going to learn it. You can't teach skill at that level. He had time to develop it.. which was in peewee, HS, college, and so on. He is not going to suddenly learn how to throw accurately or quickly read defenses and make a fast throw in a single offseason.. or even in 10 seasons. His style is what it is - and either a team has to accept it and build around it (which we did to some degree last year), or get rid of the guy.

Consider Elway, who people said Tebow was like... but which isn't really the case. Elway had a very accurate, very fast release. He could do some scrambling (i.e. running for his life), but his learning curve was more along the lines of what you get from a skilled yet green rookie - missing reads, trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL game, learning how to audible and read defenses, etc. Stuff you CAN correct over time. They had the skills, they needed time to fit them into the NFL. Tebow does not have those skills, and he never will.

Cam Newton is another great example. His team did not do great - and Cam had rookie issues. But he was amazing passing the ball, and as he learns to be an NFL QB, his #'s and wins will shoot up. He actually has the QB skills Tebow lacks.

Imo, Tebow is in what is now a very physical league. Not good news for a running QB. He was hurt twice in his first full year. Proves no matter how tough you are, you can still get hurt. And he is asking for a career ending injury, with all the running he does.great post.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Alfred Williams

“@swtlou2121: @dmac1043 is Tebow the best option for the broncos. And can you answer from an objective point of view” No he can't

;)

2KBack
03-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Regardless of what we think of Tebow the NFL version, he has maximized his opportunities by leading this team to seven straight wins and a playoff victory, he's a winner and gets it done and thats why there is an argument.

That argument is there to be made. The team did start winning, for a bit. I still think it is basically the same result as the 2009 streak. Denver went to conservative, no mistake offense, and solid scoring defense. Evidenced by the 15 points per game Denver allowed during the 6 game streak this season (not 7, we had a couple blowouts that broke it up).

The QB: too much blame....and to much praise

bpc
03-18-2012, 08:05 AM

Imo, Tebow is in what is now a very physical league. Not good news for a running QB. He was hurt twice in his first full year. Proves no matter how tough you are, you can still get hurt. And he is asking for a career ending injury, with all the running he does.

This is bull****. You don't learn to throw better? Steve Young, Plunket, Testeverde, Gannon, among others, they didn't improve over their careers after washing out early? You get better with game experience. You get better with more practice reps in the league and working with coaches. Hell, Kyle Orton threw a completion percentage of 46% in his first season starting yet McDaniels hailed him as a great throwing QB just a few years later. Did he not improve over his time in the league? Dumb thinking. Uninformed at least. When you have a young QB, you sure as hell better have some check down options to throw to... a great TE in the middle of the field... a safety valve running out of the backfield. Did Tebow have either of those options? No. He had a predictable offense and only threw in the most obvious situations to three, slower possession WR's who lack the ability to get separation. Who will succeed doing that?

Hugely ignorant statement. Tebow can get better but he does have a longer way to go. Will the organization support doing that for him? If so, we better start adding some talent around him to throw to. If not, Elway needs to have some balls and just cut bait on this topic as it's getting the fan-base restless.

jsco70
03-18-2012, 08:10 AM
21 pages on another light rail rumor. Well done Mane, you never disappoint.

Jetmeck
03-18-2012, 08:31 AM
he brings a great atitude,a strong desire to win but being a starter in the NFL is not a popularity contest. I'm sure there has been hundreds of QBs drafted that had great attitudes & strong desires to win but simply were not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

You are simply a stupid ****. 16 games..............open your damn brain up................How many basically rookies lit it up ?

HOW MANY BASICALLY ROOKS TOOK THEIR TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS AND WON ?

SHUT up you fool !!!!!!!!!

TheReverend
03-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Source: I don't buy this.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Well how is everyone today, feelin good?

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Well how is everyone today, feelin good?

Good breakfast this morning. Bracket is destroyed but, overall, I'm alright. And you?

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 08:59 AM
COOPER!!!COOPER!!!COOPER!!!

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Good breakfast this morning. Bracket is destroyed but, overall, I'm alright. And you?

I am good, Catching up on this gem!

montrose
03-18-2012, 09:10 AM
BTW, good for the Titans to contact Hasselbeck: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a1567/article/hasselbeck-ok-with-titans-manning-chase

Klis reported in an interview last week the Broncos have not spoken with Tebow or his people.

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I am good, Catching up on this gem!

You read this thing? I just post random crap at odd intervals. I call it my OM tourettes.

BroncoInferno
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Source: I don't buy this.

Yeah, I'd be stunned if Tebow demanded a trade. It doesn't seem like his style.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
The Plot Thickens...Harbaugh, Peyton may not be an ideal fit

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT

The Peyton chase stands at three teams. Assuming that the Broncos, Titans, and 49ers each have put equivalent offers on the table, the question becomes identifying the best overall fit for the future Hall of Famer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Requiem
03-18-2012, 09:17 AM
My sources say that after Tebow heard of Manning being chased by Denver -- that Tim forced his way to third base with three differfent women on ColFax.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I'd be stunned if Tebow demanded a trade. It doesn't seem like his style.

It may not be his style, but it sure as hell is his agent's style. ;D

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 09:18 AM
BTW, good for the Titans to contact Hasselbeck: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a1567/article/hasselbeck-ok-with-titans-manning-chase

Klis reported in an interview last week the Broncos have not spoken with Tebow or his people.

Man our FO is miserable.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
My sources say that after Tebow heard of Manning being chased by Denver -- that Tim forced his way to third base with three differfent women on ColFax.

I remember when I had my first beer too.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 09:19 AM

My sources have exclusive photos...

http://redalertlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jason-russell-naked-meltdown-picture.jpg

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 09:20 AM
COOPER!!!COOPER!!!COOPER!!!

?

Requiem
03-18-2012, 09:22 AM
I remember when I had my first beer too.

you know your st patty's day kicked ass when yous tarted off the day with a few shots of makers mark whiskey, a can of pbr and a finger dip of molly. I'm just getting up for the day to go on a long ass hike!!!

How's life for you Apa!?

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 09:25 AM
you know your st patty's day kicked ass when yous tarted off the day with a few shots of makers mark whiskey, a can of pbr and a finger dip of molly. I'm just getting up for the day to go on a long ass hike!!!

How's life for you Apa!?

Life is good for me! Thanks for asking.

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 09:27 AM
?

Reference to a joke thread rev started coupled with my OM tourettes

Requiem
03-18-2012, 09:31 AM
oh god miss i is talking inthe thread.

everyone leave or you will get dumber

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 09:35 AM
oh god miss i is talking inthe thread.

everyone leave or you will get dumber

Is that even possible for you? I really don't think you could get dumber unless you either remove your brain entirely or become Bob although those 2 options in your case might make you smarter.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-18-2012, 09:46 AM
The Plot Thickens...Harbaugh, Peyton may not be an ideal fit

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT

The Peyton chase stands at three teams. Assuming that the Broncos, Titans, and 49ers each have put equivalent offers on the table, the question becomes identifying the best overall fit for the future Hall of Famer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

How crazy is it that Harbaugh, the guy who preceded Manning in Indy, could now be coaching him.

That just blows my mind.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if he eliminates a team today leaving it down to 2 on Monday. He knows he's stringing on at least one team right now. He knows which team he's leaning to. Time for him to drop this down to 2 teams.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Special Manning watch addition of NFL Network tonight @ 7pm...

???

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 09:51 AM

???

Had one last night too

RADRHATR
03-18-2012, 09:51 AM
How crazy is it that Harbaugh, the guy who preceded Manning in Indy, could now be coaching him.

That just blows my mind.

There is no way this happens! Harbaugh is an offense based guy and prides himself on his play calling. Manning HAS to have control of the offense. It's between Tenessee and Denver

McDman
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
It's gonna be Weeden.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 10:08 AM
There is no way this happens! Harbaugh is an offense based guy and prides himself on his play calling. Manning HAS to have control of the offense. It's between Tenessee and Denver

Uhhh... his guy Andrew Luck ran his own offense for 2 years. You know?...that same QB who is considered the next Manning.

Old Dude
03-18-2012, 10:09 AM

???

Screw that. Tonight's the Season Finale of The Walking Dead.

Though, come to think of it, maybe there's no difference.

Heyneck
It's gonna be Weeden.

ROFL!

theAPAOps5
It's gonna be Weeden.

You wouldn't have to worry about redoing his rookie contract in last year...... He will be planning his retirement.

ghostofjosh
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
this thread causing quite a stir on brandon spanos twitter page

hookemhess
03-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Remember guys, the Mark Sanchez/Carson Palmer/Philip Rivers of the world are who you want at QB. Players you will use top 10 draft picks on at QB.

Then you step back and see that THE DENVER BRONCOS beat them all, almost consecutively this year.

We're going in reverse this offseason.

FTFY

McDman
03-18-2012, 10:19 AM
You wouldn't have to worry about redoing his rookie contract in last year...... He will be planning his retirement.

Apparently Elway really likes him and thinks he is pro ready.

I think it's apparent they don't want Tebow but I doubt we trade him for anything valuable. There is maybe one team in the NFL willing to put up with the circus that is Tebow.

Broncos4tw
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
This is bull****. You don't learn to throw better? Steve Young, Plunket, Testeverde, Gannon, among others, they didn't improve over their careers after washing out early?

Go look at the stats - all those QBs have something in common that Tebow does not - they all have a higher passing % their first full year in the league. Yea, they sure did improve. But they were already better in their first year, than Tebow is now. Will Tebow improve over his 46.5% completion percentage? I would certainly hope so. But to what? His improvement will probably still leave him well under what is considered the norm in todays passing NFL.

Yea yea.. I know.. our recievers are terrible, etc et al. Heard it all. But I watched Tebow misthrow a lot of balls. Ignored all receivers past his first. Had a run-first mentality. It's his nature to run - he did it all through college, and he'll continue to do it. You will not train him to be a pocket QB, ever.

Tebow was a spark to a team. He also led some amazing comebacks.. with the footnote that had he played solid for the first 3 quarters, none of those comebacks would have been necessary. Also, we got plain lucky many times in those comebacks. There is no doubt Tebow has something about him that makes a team fight. Unfortunately, while he has the ability to seemingly raise the level of play of those around him, he doesn't have the ability to raise his own ability. Guess we'll see in time.. but imo, he won't change his playstyle much. He'll be hurt and out half a season within a few years, watch and see.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 10:24 AM
this thread causing quite a stir on brandon spanos twitter page

Where? It did last night but is it coming up again?

ND Bronco Fan
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM

How's life for you Apa!?

Any pics of this molly you finger dipped?

hookemhess
03-18-2012, 10:26 AM
I can't take much more of this... People on here acting like our FO is North Korea for pursuing one of the GOAT. Worrying that little Timmy's feelings might be hurt and that we just haven't been supportive enough of Timmy. If he really pitches a fit and demands a trade, so be it. This is the NFL, where very rarely is your job safe. And while Tim has had a few highlights (and everyone seems to be forgetting his lowlights, like all the times we collectively groaned as he strung plays out indecisively or threw the ball into the dirt), but he certainly hasn't established himself as a franchise quarterback. You people need to relax.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Screw that. Tonight's the Season Finale of The Walking Dead.

Though, come to think of it, maybe there's no difference.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oShTJ90fC34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:wiggle:

teknic
03-18-2012, 10:33 AM
It's gonna be Weeden.

I would go absolutely crazy if this ever happened.

Weeden is ****. He is going to be nothing in the NFL. Not to mention that the idea of drafting a 28 year old QB is ****ing retarded.

I would much rather stick with Tebow if the Broncos don't land Manning.

montrose
03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
FYI, Klis and Gary Miller- two of the most plugged into the team- "speculating" chasing Hasselbeck or Smith could be next move with drafting Weeden behind that...

As has been my understanding all along, moving on from Tim is clearly the FOs #1 priority this offseason.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM
FYI, Klis and Gary Miller- two of the most plugged into the team- "speculating" chasing Hasselbeck or Smith could be next move with drafting Weeden behind that...

As has been my understanding all along, moving on from Tim is clearly the FOs #1 priority this offseason.

Our FO is retarded.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM

I guess if you don't have the faith in the long term viability of one option, you look for others. Hasselbeck would be the right way to go, IF the Titans get PM. Bring him in for a two year contract. He'll know he has a shot at the starting job and he'd make an excellent vet backup, at any rate. Then, go after a QB in next year's draft. Hopefully, Barkley. I doubt Smith would be the choice.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I would go absolutely crazy if this ever happened.

Weeden is ****. He is going to be nothing in the NFL. Not to mention that the idea of drafting a 28 year old QB is ****ing retarded.

I would much rather stick with Tebow if the Broncos don't land Manning.

A 30 yr old rookie? Yeah, those are great. He's so old he never had a prime. F that noise.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Our FO is retarded.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X6WHBO_Qc-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;)

Chris
03-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Elway the GM...

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/j-elwaysuit.jpg

Fast Forward to 0:32

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oqt_IhcJg74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 11:00 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X6WHBO_Qc-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;)

Oh, they've gone full retard.

TheReverend
03-18-2012, 11:04 AM
I sincerely hope this is TJ being too trusting and not TJ drumming up extra traffic.

Either will probably bite him here :/

Hercules Rockefeller
03-18-2012, 11:11 AM

Yeah, Gary Miller is sooooooo plugged into the Broncos. How'd that interview with Troy Calhoun go the night after McDaniels was fired? An interview that never took place, and Gary claimed that an interiew happened and he was their #1 target.

He also claimed Calhoun interviewed for the CU job too.

I can't think of a guy less plugged into any Denver sports team than Gary Miller.

spdirty
03-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Don't know right now. Last year we sucked talentwise and now we have more cap space than anyone and we're less talented than last year. Right now the Monforts are calling us cheap. This really sucks. :(

Someone please talk me off the ledge.

TDmvp
03-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Serves us right for trying to get Manning's stupid @$$. It's pretty sad when my favorite team the Broncos looks dumber than my home town team the Bengals but it's starting to happen more and more.

TheReverend
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Facts:

TJ refers to source as older and hasn't talked to him in a while

Tebow has been a Bronco under 2 years

The Broncos admit not having any contact with Tebow's camp

Somehow this source knows despite obviously not being a part of Tim's camp, and if he's a part of Dove valley, then they haven't had any contact.

Soooooooo, does 1+1=2 or does 1+1=OMFGTRADEDEMANDS!

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Serves us right for trying to get Manning's stupid @$$. It's pretty sad when my favorite team the Broncos looks dumber than my home town team the Bengals but it's starting to happen more and more.

Mike Brown is laughing at Bowlen and that hurts my soul.

TDmvp
03-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Mike Brown is laughing at Bowlen and that hurts my soul.

Very much so ...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Yeah, the Broncos made a real run at probably the biggest FA of all time, who still might sign here. What a bunch of ****ing retards in the FO.

Taco John
03-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Found this on Spano's twitter feed:

Interesting that two local news sources had to take down negative Tebow news.Coincidence?

tim-tebow-unhappy-with-broncos-backup-role:
http://kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tim-tebow-unhappy-with-broncos-backup-role-20110805,0,2078780.story

Tebow-unhappy-with-backup-role
http://www.allthingsnow.com/all/news/shared/7815582/Tebow-unhappy-with-backup-role

SonOfLe-loLang
03-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I guess if you don't have the faith in the long term viability of one option, you look for others. Hasselbeck would be the right way to go, IF the Titans get PM. Bring him in for a two year contract. He'll know he has a shot at the starting job and he'd make an excellent vet backup, at any rate. Then, go after a QB in next year's draft. Hopefully, Barkley. I doubt Smith would be the choice.

But what sense would that make. In your best guess, how competitive willthe Broncos be with Hasselbeck? They could top out at 7-9? What QB are you gonna get with that? We know Hasselbeck's ceiling, I dont understand the point of committing money and time to someone you know will bring mediocre football. I'd honestly rather start Weber than hasselback.

CEH
03-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Interesting that two local news sources had to take down negative Tebow news.Coincidence?

http://kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tim-tebow-unhappy-with-broncos-backup-role-20110805,0,2078780.story

http://www.allthingsnow.com/all/news/shared/7815582/Tebow-unhappy-with-backup-role

Channel 31 and Channel 2 are the same TV station now so it was really one story shared across both sites

SonOfLe-loLang
03-18-2012, 11:37 AM

What would that even mean?

TDmvp
03-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah, the Broncos made a real run at probably the biggest FA of all time, who still might sign here. What a bunch of ****ing retards in the FO.

Sorry I don't consider a 35+ year old QB with injuries the biggest FA of all time.

http://nflspinzone.com/2012/03/12/ten-best-free-agent-signings-of-all-time/

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 11:40 AM

That they took a story down and now the link doesn't work. :wiggle:

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 11:40 AM
But what sense would that make. In your best guess, how competitive willthe Broncos be with Hasselbeck? They could top out at 7-9? What QB are you gonna get with that? We know Hasselbeck's ceiling, I dont understand the point of committing money and time to someone you know will bring mediocre football. I'd honestly rather start Weber than hasselback.

They can't go into next season with just Tebow and Weber, IMO. Like I said, IF the Titans get Manning, Hasselbeck would be a smart choice as a vet backup. Waste of money? Why does any team have backups? And if Tebow doesn't cut it for Elway and Fox this season, they can draft their new QB in next year's draft and still have Hasselbeck carrying the clipboard, with Weber in the wings, learning. If Tebow implodes, you have a reliable starter. I'm not talking SB next year with Hasselbeck. :oyvey:

baja
03-18-2012, 11:42 AM
There is that possibility that the team that does not get Manning turns out to be the lucky one.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 11:43 AM
There is that possibility that the team that does not get Manning turns out to be the lucky one.

And just the opposite is also possible. Lots of things are possible.

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 11:43 AM

Is it possible they pulled them because it was speculative bull**** with no supporting facts and thus they pulled to avoid a lible issue?

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 11:45 AM

That they had no "credible" sources to back it up maybe?

baja
03-18-2012, 11:48 AM
And just the opposite is also possible. Lots of things are possible.

Most are assuming Pm will be the Manning we are used to seeing. There is no justification to assume that. Just making that point.

We live in a universe of infinite possibilities but thanks for pointing that out.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Most are assuming Pm will be the Manning we are used to seeing. There is no justification to assume that. Just making that point.

We live in a universe of infinite possibilities but thanks for pointing that out.

But there is justification. People who have coached him and played with him and watched him workout (or worked out with him) say that his arm is just as good as ever. Why did the Broncos take a medical evaluation team to Raleigh? Why is PM giving the teams a medical out in the contracts? Probably due to his confidence in where he's at physically. Sounds to me like there is plenty of justification.

Taco John
03-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Is it possible they pulled them because it was speculative bull**** with no supporting facts and thus they pulled to avoid a lible issue?

There is no libel issue here, so it would have nothing to do with that.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Or they got other contradictory information and pulled it for journalistic reasons. Could be any number of reasons.

gyldenlove

There may not be a libel issue, but there is still press integrity and ethics to consider which is why most news outlets will pull a story if they recieve confirmation is it not true.

GreatBronco16
Facts:

TJ refers to source as older and hasn't talked to him in a while

Tebow has been a Bronco under 2 years

The Broncos admit not having any contact with Tebow's camp

Somehow this source knows despite obviously not being a part of Tim's camp, and if he's a part of Dove valley, then they haven't had any contact.

Soooooooo, does 1+1=2 or does 1+1=OMFGTRADEDEMANDS!

I think TJ is just trying to stir more **** on the board to be honest.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-18-2012, 11:56 AM

Right, because thats what the board lacks...drama

Smilin Assassin
03-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't think it's anyone trying to start ****.

I think, just like this whole Manning deal, it's someone guessing how someone else will react given all the events. As in "What would I do if I were in his shoes?".

I also think it's incorrect, and that Tebow will infact take the high road.

I mean..."It's what I would do."

Taco John
03-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Nah. I could have sat on the information, I suppose. I've done that before when receiving a juicy tip. But there's no reason to just stir things up for the sake of stirring things up. Things are plenty stirred as it is. I posted it because I trust the source, and I believe that its true. I'm just trying to make sense of this whole thing like anyone else is. I'll let everybody else decide for themselves.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Right, because thats what the board lacks...drama

That's what I was going to say. :rofl:

Like anybody has to "create" anything around here during FA.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 12:04 PM
If more Drama is what TJ wants then he is a sick sick man! Adding Drama is ranked 345 on To Do list I old imagine.

rugbythug
03-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Nah. I could have sat on the information, I suppose. I've done that before when receiving a juicy tip. But there's no reason to just stir things up for the sake of stirring things up. Things are plenty stirred as it is. I posted it because I trust the source, and I believe that its true. I'm just trying to make sense of this whole thing like anyone else is. I'll let everybody else decide for themselves.

If you want my Opinion- And I am sure you do.

Stop listening to EmpireOrange. I know he has the ins with John's Secretary. (Mini Eclair's) Does not mean he is getting the good info.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Meh, if TT pulls this crap I'll lose a lot of respect for him. If he doesn't understand the flaws in his game then he's not very honest. He's simply not a passing threat in the NFL, not on a consistent basis. He's got major work to do. If the Broncos have a chance for a hof QB in Manning then he has to respect EFX's position.

I'm sure he'd be just fine if the Broncos were doing this with other positions on the team, that is, if another NFL team released a HoF player who could help the Broncos win immediately I'm sure TT would be in favor of the Broncos going after that player.

If it's true TT is going to ask for a trade he is not a good fit for the Broncos IMHO, because it's all about him. And IMHO, that reeks of hypocrisy.

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't let the door knob hit you Timmy. SEE YA!

Taco John
03-18-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would be inclined to disbelieve this given the story that John Fox wants two quarterbacks to compete with Tebow (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20005230), and Woody's revelation that the Manning chase was originally John Fox's idea (http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_20194610/broncos-brass-still-pursuit-peyton-manning#ixzz1pNsrUkKJ).

Just from a "smell test" point of view, I think it passes.

Rohirrim
Meh, if TT pulls this crap I'll lose a lot of respect for him. If he doesn't understand the flaws in his game then he's not very honest. He's simply not a passing threat in the NFL, not on a consistent basis. He's got major work to do. If the Broncos have a chance for a hof QB in Manning then he has to respect EFX's position.

I'm sure he'd be just fine if the Broncos were doing this with other positions on the team, that is, if another NFL team released a HoF player who could help the Broncos win immediately I'm sure TT would be in favor of the Broncos going after that player.

If it's true TT is going to ask for a trade he is not a good fit for the Broncos IMHO, because it's all about him. And IMHO, that reeks of hypocrisy.

It also makes me nervous how he's willing to tell anybody who will listen that his ministry comes before everything else, including football.

barryr

And you feel the same if Manning signs elsewhere and the Broncos look at signing Smith or some other QB to start? Is this really just about getting Manning or finding a new QB?

rugbythug
03-18-2012, 12:13 PM
It also makes me nervous how he's willing to tell anybody who will listen that his ministry comes before everything else, including football.

This would be true of any Christian. Including me.

GreatBronco16
03-18-2012, 12:13 PM

It's exactly what you wanted. All this does is draw attention now to Tebow perhaps being an asshole after all. It's a part of a discussion that hasn't happened around here really. Everything has been negative from Elway on down to Manning. Now here you come with your so-called source that Tebow is pissed and is going to demand a trade.

You guys and your sources, I swear.

I have a source that is telling me that if the Broncs don't aquire Manning, then come next year, Bowlen is going to fire the whole lot of EFX, and bring back McDaniels after he once again wins another SB with NE.

Taco John
03-18-2012, 12:14 PM
And now this from Klis:

Trade market would be strong for Tebow
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/18/trade-market-strong-tebow/12599/

Tombstone RJ

wrong

Rohirrim
This would be true of any Christian. Including me.

It doesn't make me nervous when you say it.

Of course, that's because you're not the #1 QB of the Broncos.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:15 PM
And you feel the same if Manning signs elsewhere and the Broncos look at signing Smith or some other QB to start? Is this really just about getting Manning or finding a new QB?

I'm talking about TT demanding a trade regardless if the Broncos sign Manning or not. This is the rumor.

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would be inclined to disbelieve this given the story that John Fox wants two quarterbacks to compete with Tebow (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20005230), and Woody's revelation that the Manning chase was originally John Fox's idea (http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_20194610/broncos-brass-still-pursuit-peyton-manning#ixzz1pNsrUkKJ).

Well, compete is one thing, but Manning or supposedly trying to talk with Flynn as was reported is not about competing for the job. It is to be given the job, but bozos around here think Tebow should be happy even though this organization does not believe in him. Why do people think the Broncos keeping Tebow around when they don't believe in him is a great idea? Only assinine franchises keep a QB around it doesn't want.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 12:16 PM

If it's true TT is going to ask for a trade he is not a good fit for the Broncos IMHO, because it's all about him. And IMHO, that reeks of hypocrisy.amen

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm talking about TT demanding a trade regardless if the Broncos sign Manning or not. This is the rumor.

Maybe Tebow also knows they tried talking to Flynn too?

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 12:17 PM
wrong

Wrong? How so? He's said it multiple times.

GreatBronco16
03-18-2012, 12:17 PM

Just from a "smell test" point of view, I think it passes.

They made it clear when Elway named Tebow the starter going into camp that they were bringing in other QBs to compete with Tebow. This is not new news here.

IF, and I mean IF, Tebow does ask to be traded, it will be for the sole reason that he can not trust this organization. He has been lied to going on two seasons now. Once again, this organization is screwing up the way they deal with the QB position.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Like I said, this about the Broncos pursuing Manning, a first ballot HoF QB.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Wrong? How so? He's said it multiple times.

the two are mutually exclusive my friend, I don't know why you are linking the two.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Tebow has to know his passing skills are horrid and knows he is getting replaced. He isn't dumb.

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Like I said, this about the Broncos pursuing Manning, a first ballot HoF QB.

And what if the report the Broncos tried talking to Flynn is true?

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 12:22 PM
There may not be a libel issue, but there is still press integrity and ethics to consider which is why most news outlets will pull a story if they recieve confirmation is it not true.

This is pretty much what I was trying to get at. Gylove said it better tho

Tombstone RJ

at this point it's all conjecture. We know the Broncos want Manning.

barryr
Tebow has to know his passing skills are horrid and knows he is getting replaced. He isn't dumb.

Seems news to people around here that Tebow should still believe this franchise believes in him and should want to stay to never play again.

Taco John
03-18-2012, 12:23 PM
They made it clear when Elway named Tebow the starter going into camp that they were bringing in other QBs to compete with Tebow. This is not new news here.

IF, and I mean IF, Tebow does ask to be traded, it will be for the sole reason that he can not trust this organization. He has been lied to going on two seasons now. Once again, this organization is screwing up the way they deal with the QB position.

Tebow was never their guy. The only reason that Tebow got any playing time at all is because Orton couldn't handle the pressure of having someone looking over his shoulder (while having an infant in the house to boot).

I don't agree that Tebow has been "lied" to. I think the Broncos have been rather straight-forward with the guy - which is why I'm not surprised that there are rumors that he wants out.

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:24 PM
at this point it's all conjecture. We know the Broncos want Manning.

Well, then before people start believing Tebow is a jerk if he isn't happy the Broncos are just getting Manning, maybe wait to see if he knows they are replacing him with whoever they can find.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Tebow was never their guy. The only reason that Tebow got any playing time at all is because Orton couldn't handle the pressure of having someone looking over his shoulder (while having an infant in the house to boot).

I don't agree that Tebow has been "lied" to. I think the Broncos have been rather straight-forward with the guy - which is why I'm not surprised that there are rumors that he wants out.

Elway shouldn't have said he's "earned the right to go into camp as the starter". That creates the impression that he's going to have a fair chance at it. They never intended for him to even have a chance. Now I grant you that this scenario is unlikely but suppose they got Manning in, and he continued to have serious trouble with arm strength issues and Tebow made some improvements over the summer. Who would be the starter? Obviously Manning, even if he was just a shell of his former self. They didn't pay 25m for nothing. This isn't an econ classs, there are no sunk costs. He's going to play, regardless of what happens. That's the guy, period. So, they shouldn't have said this **** in the beginning, just keep quiet.

Get your guy, start your guy. If it works great, if not, you can be VP for marketing (or preferably have no job whatsoever in the organization).

rbackfactory80
03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Hahahaha. Reading more of this thread, I've realized how bat **** crazy most of you are. The reason the Broncos have any cache in the NFL is because the had an all time great in the QB position for 16 yrs. THE ONLY REASON. And now people are ready to throw I. The towel on him because he's...chasing an all time great QB...

****ing /facepalm

You think you're so brilliant. Maybe you're the f-ed up one. Learn to separate the player form the FO guy.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Well, then before people start believing Tebow is a jerk if he isn't happy the Broncos are just getting Manning, maybe wait to see if he knows they are replacing him with whoever they can find.

Like I've said from the beginning, I'm sure Elway loves TT the football player and the man. However I think he has concerns about being able to win a SB with him as the QB. I think he'd love for TT to be "that guy" but he's realistic.

The pursuit of Manning is a gamble, but one that is totally justifiable IMHO. TT will only make things worse if he demands a trade regardless of landing Manning. It's best if TT just lays low until the dust settles and then go and talk directly with Elway about his future.

I'm pretty sure Elway has TT's best interest at heart. TT would be wise to not make any demands until he's spoken face to face with Elway, after Manning chooses a team.

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Elway shouldn't have said he's "earned the right to go into camp as the starter". That creates the impression that he's going to have a fair chance at it. They never intended for him to even have a chance. Now I grant you that this scenario is unlikely but suppose they got Manning in, and he continued to have serious trouble with arm strength issues and Tebow made some improvements over the summer. Who would be the starter? Obviously Manning, even if he was just a shell of his former self. They didn't pay 25m for nothing. This isn't an econ classs, there are no sunk costs. He's going to play, regardless of what happens. That's the guy, period. So, they shouldn't have said this **** in the beginning, just keep quiet.

Yep, agreed very much and this is how I believe they misled Tebow and why he would be upset. Manning or even Flynn would not be signed to compete for the job. They would have the job. If Tebow went up against say a Quinn type of veteran QB and some rookie and lost the job in a full, regular training camp, then Tebow could only be upset at himself. Here, he was told he was the starter going into TC but pretty obvious the Broncos have no intention of seeing that be the case. But Tebow should be a good trooper and be happy he won't get that chance and be content to sit on the bench for 3 years until he is a free agent, knowing this team does not believe in him. The lack of common sense some have round here is astonishing.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 12:34 PM

There's rumors of this? That was phase 2 of my theory about this front office. If its not manning it will be someone else. They aren't looking for practice squad QBs or 5th round projects. QB is and has been the 1st priority for them. Scouting all year for QBs is a clear sign.

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Like I've said from the beginning, I'm sure Elway loves TT the football player and the man. However I think he has concerns about being able to win a SB with him as the QB. I think he'd love for TT to be "that guy" but he's realistic.

The pursuit of Manning is a gamble, but one that is totally justifiable IMHO. TT will only make things worse if he demands a trade regardless of landing Manning. It's best if TT just lays low until the dust settles and then go and talk directly with Elway about his future.

I'm pretty sure Elway has TT's best interest at heart. TT would be wise to not make any demands until he's spoken face to face with Elway, after Manning chooses a team.

Sure, he loves Tebow's energy, but does not see him as a QB and should not state things in public he does not mean, particularly Tebow earning to be the starter going into TC when they have no interest in that happening. Tebow has not made any public statements to this point, so it appears he is doing what you suggest.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 12:35 PM

Get your guy, start your guy. If it works great, if not, you can be VP for marketing (or preferably have no job whatsoever in the organization).

I agree on saying he is starter heading into camp. Yes, Manning wasn't cut by then but it was pretty apparent it was going to happen. Fans would have flipped, out, especially the Denver Tebows, but they should not have addressed it all.

Now you have an even larger perception of dishonesty.

GreatBronco16
03-18-2012, 12:36 PM

I don't agree that Tebow has been "lied" to. I think the Broncos have been rather straight-forward with the guy

Wow, you can't really be serious can you? Could you have your ass any further up EFXs ass than you currently have it right now?

And if he was never their guy, they would have found a trade partner for him last year, and at the very least, Elway would have found a way to trade him well before the whole Manning thing started.

Boobs McGee
03-18-2012, 12:36 PM

Why shouldn't he have said that? Before one of the greatest QB's in NFL history became a free agent, I'm pretty sure the idea was that Tim would be the starter. Did I miss a press conference somewhere between the time they started pursuing PM and now, where this quote was said?

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 12:37 PM
There's rumors of this? That was phase 2 of my theory about this front office. If its not manning it will be someone else. They aren't looking for practice squad QBs or 5th round projects. QB is and has been the 1st priority for them. Scouting all year for QBs is a clear sign.

Florio posted it on Pro Football Talk

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Why shouldn't he have said that? Before one of the greatest QB's in NFL history became a free agent, I'm pretty sure the idea was that Tim would be the starter. Did I miss a press conference somewhere between the time they started pursuing PM and now, where this quote was said?

Like has been pointed out, it was not a sudden surprise the Colts and Manning parted ways, especially when the Colts clinched the 1st pick in the draft.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 12:38 PM

PFT said they reached out to Flynn but he didn't any part of this situation.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 12:39 PM

That was never the idea...and thats from a great source, Montrose. Priority 1 for them has been to get rid of Tebow, per Montrose...and he would know.

So if they don't get Manning and keep trying to go out of their way to get other starting QBs, would you admit they are full of ****?

OrangeDonkey
03-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't believe it. Tebow knows we love him. He'll stay the course.:cowgirl:

theAPAOps5
I don't believe it. Tebow knows we love him. He'll stay the course.:cowgirl:

BroncBow or MacGruder?

Tombstone RJ

meh, when Elway said this I was the first poster here to tell everyone this means nothing. I'm shocked that people didn't see this statement for what it is, a platitude to calm the masses.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 12:42 PM
meh, when Elway said this I was the first poster here to tell everyone this means nothing. I'm shocked that people didn't see this statement for what it is, a platitude to calm the masses.

I know it was a platitude, but that in itself is condescending and it pisses me off. So when it blows up in his face, he shouldn't be upset that some people are laughing at him and calling him an incompetent, unqualified, egotistical douchebag. Facts are sometimes uncomfortable.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 12:43 PM

But that gives ammunition when you don't follow through. It was a shallow statement for sure. But now people, Tebows agent, and other teams can say but see....

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
But that gives ammunition when you don't follow through. It was a shallow statement for sure. But now people, Tebows agent, and other teams can say but see....

nah, it was a true statement. It's still a true statement. Again, if he had said anything like "at this point I have no idea who are starting QB will be next season" the masses would have gone full retard.

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:46 PM

But then that reinforces the belief Elway really did not see Tebow as the answer and does not believe in Tebow, but Tebow shouldn't demand a trade though? What player wants to stay in an organization that does not believe he can play and looking to be constantly replaced? They would have gone with Orton all last season if not for their horrible start and Orton's uninspired play.

Boobs McGee
03-18-2012, 12:47 PM
That was never the idea...and thats from a great source, Montrose. Priority 1 for them has been to get rid of Tebow, per Montrose...and he would know.

So if they don't get Manning and keep trying to go out of their way to get other starting QBs, would you admit they are full of ****?

Apologies, I misspoke. Elway had said that he would be the starter going into training camp, meaning he would be the #1 guy until he was dethroned. If they don't get manning, and go out of their way to get other starting QB's, then it seems like they're doing a great job of brining in competition.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I know it was a platitude, but that in itself is condescending and it pisses me off. So when it blows up in his face, he shouldn't be upset that some people are laughing at him and calling him an incompetent, unqualified, egotistical douchebag. Facts are sometimes uncomfortable.

nah, it is plausible deniability, that is all. You have to understand the Elway is a PR guy too and people love TT, including myself. Elway is walking the fine line between telling people the truth and doing what he thinks is best for the team. Again, I think Elway loves TT, I'm just not sure he thinks the Broncos can win a championship with TT as the starting QB.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 12:48 PM
nah, it was a true statement. It's still a true statement. Again, if he had said anything like "at this point I have no idea who are starting QB will be next season" the masses would have gone full retard.

I wouldn't be so sure.

baja
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
And now this from Klis:

Trade market would be strong for Tebow
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/18/trade-market-strong-tebow/12599/

Watch josh McDaniels get NE to trade for Tebow. He has the vision to use his talents in the NFL, unlike the old school crusty brained Jon Fox and old school FO in Denver.

Flex Gunmetal
Jesus 25 pages. Tebow looking like a chump right now.

Complete half of your passes, then you can think about complaining about your bosses flirting with one of the greatest to ever do your job.

Boobs McGee
Watch josh McDaniels get NE to trade for Tebow. He has the vision to use his talents in the NFL, unlike the old school crusty brained Jon Fox and old school FO in Denver.

holy **** it's mcgruder.

theAPAOps5
Jesus 25 pages. Tebow looking like a chump right now.

Complete half of your passes, then you can think about complaining about your bosses flirting with one of the greatest to ever do your job.

Have yet to hear him complain though.

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:51 PM

If they sign Manning or someone else, then it isn't a true statement because Tebow would not go into TC as the starter. Elway stating what he did was not making any guarantees to Tebow, but it told him he was in the lead and someone had to beat him out in TC to get the job. In this case, he lost the job before TC, so that wasn't correct what Elway said. If they really believed in Tebow, you don't try to sign other QB's to big deals who automatically become the starter.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 12:52 PM
nah, it is plausible deniability, that is all. You have to understand the Elway is a PR guy too and people love TT, including myself. Elway is walking the fine line between telling people the truth and doing what he thinks is best for the team. Again, I think Elway loves TT, I'm just not sure he thinks the Broncos can win a championship with TT as the starting QB.

Again, the best scenario is where they fail to get Manning (better to use 25m on like 4 or 5 good players to address multiple needs than just one person), the team spends the same money on 4 quality starters, has a good draft, Tebow comes in super pissed and super motivated, completely wows the team at mini-camp but refuses to buddy up to any of them in private when they try to reconcile with him and lets them know in private he thinks they are all ****bags, but they can't do anything about it because he's turned into a dynamic and productive NFL QB, whose following makes him politically impossible to touch, even for Elway and he simply has to accept being blown off by Tebow every time he tries to buddy up or have lunch with him, or even talk to him, the position becomes untenable for Elway and he has to pursue other business oppurtunities.

That would be perfect.

Boobs McGee
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
If they sign Manning or someone else, then it isn't a true statement because Tebow would not go into TC as the starter. Elway stating what he did was not making any guarantees to Tebow, but it told him he was in the lead and someone had to beat him out in TC to get the job. In this case, he lost the job before TC, so that wasn't correct what Elway said. If they really believed in Tebow, you don't try to sign other QB's to big deals who automatically become the starter.

So now, if someone makes a statement, and circumstances change (in this case one of the greatest ever becoming available), then they get crucified for changing their mind?

Harsh crowd.

Flex Gunmetal
03-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Have yet to hear him complain though.

if the story is legit, asking to be traded is a blatant complaint lol.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 12:55 PM
But then that reinforces the belief Elway really did not see Tebow as the answer and does not believe in Tebow, but Tebow shouldn't demand a trade though? What player wants to stay in an organization that does not believe he can play and looking to be constantly replaced? They would have gone with Orton all last season if not for their horrible start and Orton's uninspired play.

again, Elway was forced to address the QB situation to the media. He made a statement that is/was true. TT has earned the right the be the starting QB going into training camp. That's the truth. If Manning comes in then it could still be the truth, it's just that Manning will destroy TT in training camp because the offense will be designed around Manning. It will take all of one day to switch TT to #2.

If Manning does not sign with the Broncos then I believe TT will be the guy #1 QB going into training camp. The Broncos will bring in other QBs to compete but it's TT's job to lose.

Boobs McGee
03-18-2012, 12:56 PM
again, Elway was forced to address the QB situation to the media. He made a statement that is/was true. TT has earned the right the be the starting QB going into training camp. That's the truth. If Manning comes in then it could still be the truth, it's just that Manning will destroy TT in training camp because the offense will be designed around Manning. It will take all of one day to switch TT to #2.

If Manning does not sign with the Broncos then I believe TT will be the guy #1 QB going into training camp. The Broncos will bring in other QBs to compete but it's TT's job to lose.

bingo

bombay
I don't think Tebow has said a word publically, which is the correct course.

Does he want out? Probably. I would if I knew for sure that the company I worked for wanted to replace me.

barryr
So now, if someone makes a statement, and circumstances change (in this case one of the greatest ever becoming available), then they get crucified for changing their mind?

Harsh crowd.

Manning became available all of a sudden? It was a real possibility for awhile.

theAPAOps5

Harsh crowd.

No you either don't say it or don't make a deliberate public display at courting him. Circumstances do change, how you handle those changes matters.

I am not slamming them for perusing Manning, I just wonder could they have handled the message better?

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I have to ask myself "what would McD do?"

What is the going rate for a top rb in his prime these days? A first and 3rd?

baja
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Just as a reminder Tebow himself has not said one word about this whole saga

Boobs McGee
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Manning became available all of a sudden? It was a real possibility for awhile.

It wasn't a real possibility when John originally made the statment.

barryr
03-18-2012, 01:01 PM

No one makes Elway go on twitter and tell everyone anything. Manning would not be signed to compete for the job, so sorry, that is not the truth. If they try to sign Alex Smith, he wouldn't sign to compete. Somehow you see evidence the Broncos really do believe in Tebow and will give him every chance to win the job, but I don't. If true tried talking to Flynn as well, then he wouldn't be signing to simply compete either.

Boobs McGee
No you either don't say it or don't make a deliberate public display at courting him. Circumstances do change, how you handle those changes matters.

I am not slamming them for perusing Manning, I just wonder could they have handled the message better?

I get what you're saying, but we just have differing opinions on how things are being handled.

theAPAOps5

It wasn't?

barryr
03-18-2012, 01:02 PM

It was hardly a ringing endorsement for Tebow anyway. But they really do believe in him though. Please.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 01:06 PM
No one makes Elway go on twitter and tell everyone anything. Manning would not be signed to compete for the job, so sorry, that is not the truth. If they try to sign Alex Smith, he wouldn't sign to compete. Somehow you see evidence the Broncos really do believe in Tebow and will give him every chance to win the job, but I don't. If true tried talking to Flynn as well, then he wouldn't be signing to simply compete either.

fair enough, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I'd like TT to get a fair shot at the starting QB job if Manning signs with another team. As for the other QBs who the Broncos bring in to compete with TT, I doubt they pay a lot of money for these QBs. I'm pretty sure they will bring in guys who are cheap and really have to work hard to take the job away from TT, this is JMHO.

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 01:11 PM
I've been banned and busy have we actually signed anyone yet?

KO5K
03-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Mike Adams.

That's it.

lol

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM

I can't even begin to imagine why you where banned.

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Why u banned? U posting nekkid pics of bob again?;D

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 01:21 PM
I can't even begin to imagine why you where banned.

I know its hard to believe. I think Taco was just worried about me taking over the place and had to flex his mussles ;)

personally I think its a fiber issue but we would need to consult Dr. Broncostierrwhatshisface. Maybe I'll start a thread.

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Why u banned? U posting nekkid pics of bob again?;D

Dont tempt me girl.

barryr
03-18-2012, 01:28 PM
fair enough, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I'd like TT to get a fair shot at the starting QB job if Manning signs with another team. As for the other QBs who the Broncos bring in to compete with TT, I doubt they pay a lot of money for these QBs. I'm pretty sure they will bring in guys who are cheap and really have to work hard to take the job away from TT, this is JMHO.

Yep, I would like Tebow to be given a chance, but I just don't it happening. What I see is even if the unlikely happens and they gave Tebow a shot at winning the job, they will always be looking for someone else because I think they want a pure pocket passer and I do not see Tebow ever really being that kind of QB. I think he can be effective like a Vick who isn't really a pure pocket passer either and has had a pretty good career, not counting his off the field antics, but that isn't what the Broncos want in a QB.

TonyR
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
meh, when Elway said this I was the first poster here to tell everyone this means nothing. I'm shocked that people didn't see this statement for what it is...

Where were people like you when I was getting pounded for saying this back in Jan and Feb? Now TJ, montrose and others are saying it and all of a sudden it's a revelation!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3487972&postcount=341

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Where were people like you when I was getting pounded for saying this back in Jan and Feb? Now TJ, montrose and others are saying it and all of a sudden it's a revelation!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3487972&postcount=341JC,i've been claiming TT wouldn't make it before he was even drafted. You can't imagine how pissed I was when I saw that we drafted TT.

Miss I.
03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Dont tempt me girl.

Well, just don't post mine. Ok

KO5K
03-18-2012, 01:44 PM
JC,i've been claiming TT wouldn't make it before he was even drafted. You can't imagine how pissed I was when I saw that we drafted TT.

Probably less pissed than when he threw the winning touchdown against the Steelers in the playoffs...

baja
03-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm getting the feeling Elway is trying to recreate himself at the QB position. Looks like he believes it's the only way to play the position successfully. Elway and fox are too fixated on how the QB position must be played. After some though I believe it would be best for Tim Tebow to move on to another team that has the vision to see his real value to a football team. I think the best place for Tebow is with a OC like MCD that would figure a way to use his considerable skills.

The NFL is slow to change. Once and a while along comes a guy like Bill Walsh and tries something new, at first he is laughed at, then copied league wide. I think Tim Tebow can bing that kind of impact to a team with vision and balls.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Probably less pissed than when he threw the winning touchdown against the Steelers in the playoffs...yeah that game against NE,even the 2-8 game he had against KC the 1st time not to mention the 2nd game against KC.how about buffalo?the broncos won in spite of TT.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm getting the feeling Elway is trying to recreate himself at the QB position. Looks like he believes it's the only way to play the position successfully. Elway and fox are too fixated on how the QB position must be played. After some though I believe it would be best for Tim Tebow to move on to another team that has the vision to see his real value to a football team. I think the best place for Tebow is with a OC like MCD that would figure a way to use his considerable skills.

The NFL is slow to change. Once and a while along comes a guy like Bill Walsh and tries something new, at first he is laughed at, then copied league wide. I think Tim Tebow can bing that kind of impact to a team with vision and balls.the type of offense TT requires would set the NFL back 50 or so yrs when the forward pass was just begining.

Slightly Soiled
03-18-2012, 02:07 PM
yeah that game against NE,even the 2-8 game he had against KC the 1st time not to mention the 2nd game against KC.how about buffalo?the broncos won in spite of TT.

So your saying Orton was too bad for the rest of the team to overcome?

rbackfactory80
03-18-2012, 02:09 PM

The NFL is slow to change. Once and a while along comes a guy like Bill Walsh and tries something new, at first he is laughed at, then copied league wide. I think Tim Tebow can bing that kind of impact to a team with vision and balls.

I agree. I think Elway thinks what Tebow is doing out there isn't Qb-ing. He sees him and the rest of the greats at the position as artists with a very special ability, and I don't blame him. My problem is if it's all about winning then it was only rational to give Tim one more year and see where we stand. I think the best coaches/personnel evaluators will work to the strengths of their players and not try to recreate something that we won't necessarily ever find again (another Elway).

Tim had room to grow but he gave us a great starting point. We were watching him progress to the point of him having his best passing game as the last game he played while we were winning. As a fan, it was the perfect rebuild opportunity in my eyes.

baja
03-18-2012, 02:11 PM
the type of offense TT requires would set the NFL back 50 or so yrs when the forward pass was just begining.

Well I certainly get that is the party line thinking. Do you suppose many said the same when Bill Walsh rolled out the WCO?

Wes Mantooth
03-18-2012, 02:12 PM

How do you think the Titans, 49ers, and Cardinals handled it? What did we do different?

baja
03-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I agree. I think Elway thinks what Tebow is doing out there isn't Qb-ing. He sees him and the rest of the greats at the position as artists with a very special ability, and I don't blame him. My problem is if it's all about winning then it was only rational to give Tim one more year and see where we stand. I think the best coaches/personnel evaluators will work to the strengths of their players and not try to recreate something that we won't necessarily ever find again (another Elway).

Tim had room to grow but he gave us a great starting point. We were watching him progress to the point of him having his best passing game as the last game he played while we were winning. As a fan, it was the perfect rebuild opportunity in my eyes.

Not to mention it was damn fun to watch and after all isn't that why we watch the games?

rbackfactory80
03-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Not to mention it was damn fun to watch and after all isn't that why we watch the games?

It was so fun for me. I am shocked others didn't see it that way.

NUB
03-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't buy it. It would be too out of character.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Well I certainly get that is the party line thinking. Do you suppose many said the same when Bill Walsh rolled out the WCO?

WCO originated back in 1966.

http://www.westcoastoffense.com/history.htm

The Walsh offense owes much to the past. As a Raiders' assistant in 1966, Walsh learned under Al Davis and John Rauch, who was the Raider's head coach. Raiders football was based on the theories of Sid Gillman. Al Davis had taken Gillman one step further. This system became the basis of Walsh's offense. walsh wasn't introducing anything new just something more refined.

baja
03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
WCO originated back in 1966.

http://www.westcoastoffense.com/history.htm

walsh wasn't introducing anything new just something more refined.

I think you get my point. At the time it was considered innovative.

There is nothing "new" about what Tebow does either.

ColoradoDarin
03-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Have not read all - but the way this is being suggested stinks of EFX leaking that Tebow wants a trade out and not coming from the Tebow camp. Poison the well from their side and then the fans will accept it when they do get rid of him.

Jay3
03-18-2012, 02:23 PM
How do you think the Titans, 49ers, and Cardinals handled it? What did we do different?

The immediate strong leaks that Tebow would be traded if they got Manning.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I think you get my point. At the time it was considered innovative.

There is nothing "new" about what Tebow does either.I get your point,but the NFL is/becomming a passing league. A TT run offense requires a lot of things to happen in order to be successful.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 02:28 PM
I get your point,but the NFL is/becomming a passing league. A TT run offense requires a lot of things to happen in order to be successful.

Like not running into a defense that has the discipline to plugs gaps.

houghtam
03-18-2012, 02:28 PM
This is why I said from the very start they were playing with fire...needlessly.

Now, even if they don't get Manning, they'll have to trade Tebow. I don't blame him ONE BIT. He is TOTALLY IN THE RIGHT. 100%. If someone treats you like **** over and over and then actually LIES to you about your role...flat out lies, then yeah, you won't want to be there. I'm not sure whats shocking about that. They lied.

If they don't end up with Manning, they'll be left with absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. Nice work, FO. You better hope your Brokeneck lover rescues you, John, cause its your ****ing ass on the line.

I sure hope the old man didnt think hiring Elway would insulate the organization from criticism when it acts stupidly. If so, you thought wrong. You're back in Spring, 2009 old man. Its going to ****ing hellish for you if you end up without a single QB that wants to be here Tuesday morning. Hellish....

You've been asking for a ****storm EFX and now you're going to ****ing get it.

Been out of town until now, so I'm just reading this. Brilliant post.

The bolded part it how I am starting to feel as a consumer. We've going on nearly 15 years of front office ineptitude.

"Let's start Griese over Brister, no he's good, no he's really really good, okay maybe we didn't need to keep him for 4 years to find out how awful he is, let's get Plummer, oh look we made it to the AFCCG, let's draft a quarterback to replace him, oh we don't like this quarterback, let's trade him for a different quarterback, oh that didn't work out, but Cutler is pissed, so now we HAVE to trade him, let's trade him for Orton and draft Tebow, oh Orton sucks but let's start him anyway, oh that's not working out, let's start Tebow, oh hey we won a playoff game, let's go out and get Payton Manning, oh that didn't work but now Tebow is pissed so we HAVE to trade him."

So I've color-coded the previous text for obvious reasons. I'm tired of this front office making the same mistakes over and over. The Keystone Cops up there have no clue WTF they're doing.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Like not running into a defense that has the discipline to plugs gaps.that would be one.

broncosteven
03-18-2012, 02:30 PM
It is not like the Broncos are trying to trade for Matt Cassell.

KO5K
03-18-2012, 02:34 PM
It is not like the Broncos are trying to trade for Matt Cassell.

You get the feeling that if they could get away with it, EFX would rather Cassell than Tebow though.

ScottXray
03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
if the story is legit, asking to be traded is a blatant complaint lol.

Here is the Difference.

Tebow himself has said ZERO. The story comes from an unidentified source that may or may not be true.

Elway did publically say that Tebow had earned the right to be the starter going
into camp. He also said they would bring in 2 QBs to compete. Then he publically scouted multiple QBs for the draft and has publically tried to sign Manning. Manning is a special case, but the QBs he is scouting will not go in lower rounds. There will not be an "open competition ' for the nunber 1 QB spot on the roster if Manning is signed....and anyone who says that is the case is not being truthful about the position. Manning will be #1, just based on salary.

Last year they said there would be open competition, then named Orton the starter 3 days into camp, before any games or preseason . Tebow voiced his disappointment then., but then became a good soldier and shut up about it.
Meanwhile Orton received all the snaps with the first team and Tebow was relegated to limited snaps and time with the 2nd and third strings, until Orton had crapped the bed for a 1-4 record.

Frankly knowing just those facts above , which camp would you say is being most direct and open, and honest ?

Killericon
03-18-2012, 02:43 PM
If we don't land Manning, and Tebow isn't our starter, it'll mean Tebow asked for a trade, and there's exactly one person you can blame if that happens. Tebow. Not EFX, but Tebow. If he can't appreciate that we're trying to sign possibly the best QB to ever play... Well ****.

lostknight
03-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Why are we spending so much time on a light rail rumor? Especially one designed to make Tebow look poor despite the fact that he, unlike management, has not said a word this entire situation.

This is Dove Valley being Dove Valley. Remember when they leaked that Cutler was a drunk to justify that trade?

The one out Tebow could give this FO is to ask for a trade. Don't give them the satisfaction, and let them twist in the wind if the Manning deal falls through.

bronco militia
03-18-2012, 02:46 PM
You get the feeling that if they could get away with it, EFX would rather Cassell than Tebow though.

If that were true, they would have kept orton and quinn

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Probably less pissed than when he threw the winning touchdown against the Steelers in the playoffs...

LOL

broncosteven
03-18-2012, 02:48 PM

Nope, I think they want a guy who is consistent. Face it our FO made a run at a guy who has been consistently great at his position for 15 years.

I would balk at the nerve damage personally but if he is ok then it is a good move.

Tebow needs to keep working to get better and stop worrying about feelings. Peyton got cut, no one is above the franchise as a player. Do your job well and no one will try to replace you.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Why are we spending so much time on a light rail rumor? Especially one designed to make Tebow look poor despite the fact that he, unlike management, has not said a word this entire situation.

This is Dove Valley being Dove Valley. Remember when they leaked that Cutler was a drunk to justify that trade?

The one out Tebow could give this FO is to ask for a trade. Don't give them the satisfaction, and let them twist in the wind if the Manning deal falls through.

The one difference in your argument. Cutler is a drunk. Dove Valley didn't need to leak that. It was being discussed well before Shanahans was fired.

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 02:52 PM
If we don't land Manning, and Tebow isn't our starter, it'll mean Tebow asked for a trade, and there's exactly one person you can blame if that happens. Tebow. Not EFX, but Tebow. If he can't appreciate that we're trying to sign possibly the best QB to ever play... Well ****.

The Broncos could trade Tebow without him asking for it. It would just be to their advantage to have the fans think they were doing what Tebow wanted. So as long as we hear it from anyone other than Tim Tebow, we have to question the credibility of the source. Especially since the Broncos front office appears to have none.

extralife
03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
To be honest, I don't think Tebow has any interest in getting better as a QB. He's had the same problems and been dogged by the same questions his whole life, and he hasn't done anything about it. I think he genuinely thinks that God will make everything alright for him and that he should take his immense popularity as a sign of things working out. I think he believes largely what MacGruder believes--that he is a singular talent, and that he does not need to be better as a "traditional" (read: competent) passer because his guts and strength and guile are enough. I think he likes being the underdog, likes being questioned, and is in love with the narrative that has been crafted around him as the guy that bursts expectations and does things the "wrong" way. I think he is more interested in being a symbol and mouthpiece for his values than he is in improving as a football player, and I think he feels that his popularity has reached a point where that message is working. He's not going to sit behind Manning because sitting keeps him out of the spotlight.

broncolife
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM

Its not about them just signing Manning. Alot of the rumors have suggested if we do sign Manning Tebow would be traded. Now if I was Tebow I would be pissed about the front office not shooting down those rumors. I can also see why the front office doesnt shoot them down, becuase they probably promised Manning they would trade him.

Bighorn
03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Enough with all the conspiracy crap. If Tebo did say this crap then he is a huge pusss. Buisness is buisness any time you feel that you are untouchable guese what you get touched on the ass out the door! I like TT alot dont get me wrong. But for christ's sake its Payton Manning. This is all just a bunch of he said she said bull****! This place used to be fun to come and read about the Broncos. Now it's like a teenage girls locker room.

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Nope, I think they want a guy who is consistent. Face it our FO made a run at a guy who has been consistently great at his position for 15 years.

I would balk at the nerve damage personally but if he is ok then it is a good move.

Tebow needs to keep working to get better and stop worrying about feelings. Peyton got cut, no one is above the franchise as a player. Do your job well and no one will try to replace you.

More like 12 years. Peyton had a pretty rough first 16 games. Had a lower QB rating than Tim Tebow does, in fact. Mostly because he led the league in interceptions. Then he missed his 14th season. Otherwise known as last year.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Yeah, you caught on earlier than most that Elway is FOS and can't be trusted. I'm with you now brother.

DenverBrit
03-18-2012, 03:01 PM
29 pages of light rail. Nice.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 03:03 PM
More like 12 years. Peyton had a pretty rough first 16 games. Had a lower QB rating than Tim Tebow does, in fact. Mostly because he led the league in interceptions. Then he missed his 14th season. Otherwise known as last year.your pathetic.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah, you caught on earlier than most that Elway is FOS and can't be trusted. I'm with you now brother.

I knew he wasn't qualified for the job when he was hired. But his two-faced nature has been news to me. This whole Elway in the FO debacle is quickly sullying his image in my eyes.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Enough with all the conspiracy crap. If Tebo did say this crap then he is a huge pusss. Buisness is buisness any time you feel that you are untouchable guese what you get touched on the ass out the door! I like TT alot dont get me wrong. But for christ's sake its Payton Manning. This is all just a bunch of he said she said bull****! This place used to be fun to come and read about the Broncos. Now it's like a teenage girls locker room.

If they haven't had the decency to contact him during this whole Manning affair, none of the gibberish you just wrote means anything.

HighCountryBronco
03-18-2012, 03:08 PM
If they haven't had the decency to contact him during this whole Manning affair, none of the gibberish you just wrote means anything.
Agreed!

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Says the pot to the kettle.

BroncoInferno
03-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I knew he wasn't qualified for the job when he was hired. But his two-faced nature has been news to me. This whole Elway in the FO debacle is quickly sullying his image in my eyes.

Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and turned it to an 8-8 division winner including the first playoff win in 6 seasons. Yeah, it's been a real debacle. But, I get it...it was all Tebow. Elway contributed nothing to it. Uhh

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 03:13 PM
your pathetic.

Sucks when people compare apples to apples, doesn't it.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and turned it to an 8-8 division winner including the first playoff win in 6 seasons. Yeah, it's been a real debacle. But, I get it...it was all Tebow. Elway contributed nothing to it. Uhh

Who the **** was on the field for that resurgence dip****? It sure as **** wasn't Elway. ****tard.

BroncoInferno
03-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Who the **** was on the field for that resurgence dip****? It sure as **** wasn't Elway. ****tard.

Yep, it was all Tebow and his mighty 18.5 points per game offense. None of the other 52 players on the roster Elway helped assemble had anything to do with it. None of the coaches Elway brought in had anything to do with it. It was all Tebow. Brilliant analysis.

houghtam
03-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and supported the decision to start Kyle Orton. Then the team started the season 1-4 and finished the season at 8-8 and in the playoffs after replacing the player he originally supported.

Fixed your post.

So what exactly did Elway do to be responsible for going 8-8?

eddie mac
03-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Does it look like he's building on that 9-9 if as expected he doesn't land Manning and Tebow wants out???

They also haven't addressed any needs in FA and have six picks in the upcoming draft, none inside the top 2 this time to save their ass from another woeful draft class.

baja
03-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Just what did he contribute?

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Yep, it was all Tebow and his mighty 18.5 points per game offense. None of the other 52 players on the roster Elway helped assemble had anything to do with it. None of the coaches Elway brought in had anything to do with it. It was all Tebow. Brilliant analysis.

You are an idiot who has no understanding of anything that happened last season. None. You literally might as well be a house plant for all the cerebral activity going on in your head. I never said it was all Tebow, but I can guarantee you it wasn't all Elway. It wasn't even a little Elway. Elway is fixated on quarterbacks and our quarterback was someone he didn't pick (kind of the whole problem actually). The Von Miller pick and McGahee signing were Fox and Xanders. I guarantee you that. Elway is not a personnel man.

Taco John
03-18-2012, 03:29 PM

I dont understand this. What afre they supposed to be calling Tebow to tell him?

BroncoInferno
03-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Fixed your post.

So what exactly did Elway do to be responsible for going 8-8?

Fox made the call to start Orton, not Elway. Elway stated that he lets the coaches make those decisions.

What did Elway do? He put together the coaching staff that was able to get more out of the existing talent than the previous staff. He added players like Von Miller, Willis McGahee, Orlando Franklin, and Broderick Bunkley who were all key contributors to the team. No rational person can possibly think it was all about Tebow. All last season proved is that he isn't as bad as Orton. Look, Tebow did some good things, but there was plenty of bad, too. It's not like we all of a sudden became a 30 points per game offense when he took over. I'm on the fence about Tebow's ability to develop into a long-term starter, as are a lot of folks, and you can hardly blame Elway for falling into that camp.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Elway brought in coaches willing to throw out their entire playbook and coaching stradegies to fit a player who can't execute NFL plays. They basically were asked to scheme a pro team into a college team.

Not many coaches would put up with that.

O ya. And he got rid of Nate jones.

BroncoInferno
You are an idiot who has no understanding of anything that happened last season. None. You literally might as well be a house plant for all the cerebral activity going on in your head. I never said it was all Tebow, but I can guarantee you it wasn't all Elway. It wasn't even a little Elway. Elway is fixated on quarterbacks and our quarterback was someone he didn't pick (kind of the whole problem actually). The Von Miller pick and McGahee signing were Fox and Xanders. I guarantee you that. Elway is not a personnel man.

I never said it was ALL Elway. I said he contributed to the success, disputing your claim that it's been a "debacle."

Taco John

Willis McGahee and Von Miller were both on the field. Do they get any credit?

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I dont understand this. What afre they supposed to be calling Tebow to tell him?

You can't be serious...

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Sucks when people compare apples to apples, doesn't it.it would suck if it were accurate.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
People act like some of these games were won by skill alone.

Agamemnon

Sure. But if we are going that route McD did more to build last year's team than Elway, by a massive margin. Do you want to go that route?

Ratboy

Honestly, would you want a call from your boss if he was trying to replace you?

"Hey, Tebow. I just want to let you know that we're still in the process of replacing you with a Hall of Fame QB. We'll give you an update tomorrow. Enjoy Florida!"

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Ya know, I'm not gonna read all this BS back and forth, all I have to say is I think Tebow has the goods to be a winner in the NFL.

I hope they don't sign Peyton and give Tebow a chance to excel. He's raw, but there's so much potential there. An offseason of work and a season as starter to get the precision passing up to NFL standards instead of looking for the long ball all the time, and the sky is the limit for Tebow.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
I never said it was ALL Elway. I said he contributed to the success, disputing your claim that it's been a "debacle."

How did he contribute? Again, McGahee, Bunkley, and Miller were not his doing. Hell he didn't even know Bunkley's name...

broncogary
03-18-2012, 03:36 PM

What they were supposed to tell Baby Jay.

Bighorn
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM

Why should they? Is he writing the checks? Fox is already on record saying he wants 2 new QB's to compete with Tebo. Payton Manning is the biggest freeagent to hit the open market in the history of the NFL. It's not like it's Matt Cassel or Donavon Mcnabb. I honestly dont think Tebo made any of these statements anyway it's just the media drumming up a story.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Honestly, would you want a call from your boss if he was trying to replace you?

"Hey, Tebow. I just want to let you know that we're still in the process of replacing you with a Hall of Fame QB. We'll give you an update tomorrow. Enjoy Florida!"

If they want to maintain some level of respect and good will, then they needed to do just that (though worded better). I really can't imagine Tebow's reaction is about being replaced by a HoF QB, as much as a complete lack of communication over the matter. That's just shady.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Why should they? Is he writing the checks? Fox is already on record saying he wants 2 new QB's to compete with Tebo. Payton Manning is the biggest freeagent to hit the open market in the history of the NFL. It's not like it's Matt Cassel or Donavon Mcnabb. I honestly dont think Tebo made any of these statements anyway it's just the media drumming up a story.

No statements have actually been made. And you show a complete cluelessness regarding the realities of personnel management.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
What they were supposed to tell Baby Jay.

1) That they are sorry.
2) That they were stupid.
3) That he is going to get a massive extension.
4) That little Hitler is going to get publicly rebuked for being a dip****.

houghtam
03-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Fox made the call to start Orton, not Elway. Elway stated that he lets the coaches make those decisions

"I believe that Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win."

- John Elway, Sept. 27th 2011

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/listen-to-elway-live/

Elway supported the decision, and the minute he went back on it, the Broncos started winning games. It's no coincidence.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Riddle me this...

Were they on the field when we went 1-4?

;)

Bighorn
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
No statements have actually been made. And you show a complete cluelessness regarding the realities of personnel management.

End of the season presser, and your right my employees know I'm not going to ask them their opinion on who I employ..

toad
03-18-2012, 03:52 PM
If they want to maintain some level of respect and good will, then they needed to do just that (though worded better). I really can't imagine Tebow's reaction is about being replaced by a HoF QB, as much as a complete lack of communication over the matter. That's just shady.

My thoughts as well.

Reach out to the guy before all this became a media circus and say "Look, Tim, we have the chance as an organization to bring in a HoF QB...one that many consider one of the best ever; we're going to do our due dilegence on that front and explore it but want to you keep preparing for the season as you are."

Given its still a tough message for Tim, but surely he'd take that better than hearing all this media circus/hype through ESPN, Twitter, etc.

Obviously NFL players get evaluated, replaced, etc all the time but I would think Tebow deserved a man-to-man heads-up because:

- He's the defacto starting QB (the leader of this offense).
- He's the focal point and "face" of this team.
- He's a huge money maker for the organization.
- He's one of the most visible atheletes in Amercia.
- His visibility made us relevant again.
- He turned a 4-12 team into a .500 team that won the division and a playoff game.
- He's one of the best "team first" guys in the business.

I'm a big Tebow supporter but I also think pursuing Manning was the RIGHT thing. When there's any quesiton at QB and you have a chance at Manning why not? I think you can build around Manning in a few seasons to have a decent shot at a SB by his 3rd/4th (last?) year.

I just think Tim deserved to hear it from the FO before it became so crazy.

Taco John
03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Riddle me this...

Were they on the field when we went 1-4?

;)

I'm not saying that Tebow wasn't impotant - he clearly was. But there were plays that had to be made all over the field, and Mcgahee and Miller were just as important. Elway does deserve credit for his role there.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
End of the season presser, and your right my employees know I'm not going to ask them their opinion on who I employ..

Err...who said they should ask his opinion? You run a business with that level of reading comprehension? Hilarious!

extralife
03-18-2012, 03:55 PM
the best part here is that all the people that hated Cutler and called him a traitor and a pussy for wanting out when a new front office came in and tried to replace him with a ****ty QB are all in support of Tebow for crying for a trade after a front office that is familiar with him fellated him all offseason and then had the audacity to try to bring in the best free agent in the history of the NFL rather than doggedly stick with the QB that just had the worst passing season in the NFL.

You can't have it both ways.

And you certainly can't have it both ways by saying the front office is not attempting to improve the team, and then excoriate them for persuing the one player that would improve it the absolute most.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not saying that Tebow wasn't impotant - he clearly was. But thee were plays that had to be made all over the field, and ;cgahhee and Miller were just as important. Elway does deserve credit for his role there.

Why does he deserve credit? He isn't the coach or the GM. He knows little about personnel matters or modern NFL contracts. He isn't an expert on running backs or pass rushers. Those things would fall under Fox and Xanders far more yes? I guess he signed off on the moves, but you're crazy if you think they were his brainchild.

houghtam
03-18-2012, 03:57 PM

You're crazy if you think that the really real world business world and the NFL business world are comparable. You also sound like a **** to work for, because I always ask key employees their opinion on someone I'm going to hire. I make the final call, but if you don't value some of your employees' opinions, you're a terrible manager and will probably be replaced sooner than later. I sure as hell wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude to work for me.

rbackfactory80
03-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Macgahee was hurt down the stretch all the time and Miller disappeared after he got the cast. Not even close.

houghtam
03-18-2012, 03:59 PM

You can if you've finally realized that the FO keeps making the same mistakes OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 04:00 PM
the best part here is that all the people that hated Cutler and called him a traitor and a p***Y for wanting out when a new front office came in and tried to replace him with a ****ty QB are all in support of Tebow for crying for a trade after a front office that is familiar with him fellated him all offseason and then had the audacity to try to bring in the best free agent in the history of the NFL rather than doggedly stick with the QB that just had the worst passing season in the NFL.

And you certainly can't have it both ways by saying the front office is not attempting to improve the team, and then excoriate them for persuing the one player that would improve it the absolute most.

Err...I think you're missing the whole "bold faced lying to him and not communicating with him through this whole Manning affair" thing. But that's not important right?

theAPAOps5
03-18-2012, 04:00 PM
You're crazy if you think that the really real world business world and the NFL business world are comparable. You also sound like a **** to work for, because I always ask key employees their opinion on someone I'm going to hire. I make the final call, but if you don't value some of your employees' opinions, you're a terrible manager and will probably be replaced sooner than later. I sure as hell wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude to work for me.

Do you ask the guys you want to replace though? The argument isn't asking key employees, it is telling the guy you are rep,acing.

I can tell you that if they asked Tebow if they should replace him he says no.

broncogary
03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm not saying that Tebow wasn't impotant - he clearly was. But there were plays that had to be made all over the field, and Mcgahee and Miller were just as important. Elway does deserve credit for his role there.

Yeah, and what about Xanders. :egbgb::egbgb::egbgb:

oubronco
03-18-2012, 04:03 PM

It always is

houghtam
03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Do you ask the guys you want to replace though? The argument isn't asking key employees, it is telling the guy you are rep,acing.

I can tell you that if they asked Tebow if they should replace him he says no.

That's not what he said, he said he doesn't ask his employees' opinions on whom he employs.

And come on, you're an intelligent person. Is it really without precedent in the NFL for a team to say to a player "we're replacing you, you and your agent can start soliciting trade offers?" When you get "replaced" in the real world, your company usually doesn't get compensation from your future employer.