PDA

View Full Version : Team wants to resign Joe Mays + Bunkley at Saints

UberBroncoMan
03-17-2012, 01:53 PM
7:49 pm According to the DP, Geno Hayes, Jameel McClain, and Marcus Trufant all visited Dove Valley today, where they were presumably hosted by Jack Del Rio in the absence of EFX™. All three players took physicals but will not sign contracts today; the article says the team would like to re-sign both Wesley Woodyard and Joe Mays.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

WHAT... THE... ****?

Am I missing something here or was Joe Mays nothing more than a big hit. Why the **** would we want to retain him. He has no future unless it's ST.

Also, Bunkley is getting poached by the Saints.

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2012, 01:59 PM
CHEAPER

bpc
03-17-2012, 02:00 PM
This FO/GM has made questionable decision after questionable decision FOR YEARS and most likely we're broke which is why we are chasing retreads. That's regardless of Peyton Manning. The process looks like an elementary school kid saving lunch money for a toy over days and weeks. That's been us in the FA market the past two/three years.

If we lose Bunkley who was a large reason for our success early on defense, it will just be another dagger in the back from this crappy FO we've had making decisions.

Lycan
03-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Joe Mays is alright. As a 3rd stringer.

The possibility of him starting a game for us again makes me vomit uncontrollably.

cabronco
03-17-2012, 02:12 PM
This FO/GM has made questionable decision after questionable decision FOR YEARS and most likely we're broke which is why we are chasing retreads. That's regardless of Peyton Manning. The process looks like an elementary school kid saving lunch money for a toy over days and weeks. That's been us in the FA market the past two/three years.

If we lose Bunkley who was a large reason for our success early on defense, it will just be another dagger in the back from this crappy FO we've had making decisions.

I think I will be sick & po'd if this happens. And if the PM deal falls thru too, they shall be named the 3 stooges. Do they have a plan for anything :hitself:

hades
03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I think I will be sick & po'd if this happens. And if the PM deal falls thru too, they shall be named the 3 stooges. Do they have a plan for anything :hitself:

yes, they have a plan. Just need to wait till next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to find out. Could be a little longer than that too, so just hold on and wait.

bpc
03-17-2012, 02:30 PM
yes, they have a plan. Just need to wait till next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to find out. Could be a little longer than that too, so just hold on and wait.

That sounds like something a Bowlen apologist has said for the past 2-3 years. Wait until next week, month, year.

When are we going to get some folks in the FO and ownership who have balls?

In fact, I wouldn't even mind that the FO says "**** YOU TIMMAY, we want a PASSING QB!" instead of pretending to throw on a Tebow jersey and a pom pom to keep the fans buying tickets and stabbing him in the back any time they can. If Elway had balls, he'd publicly move on from Tebow yet he'll keep up this cat n' mouse game where his words say one thing, his actions say another. I'm tired of these guys straddling the fence. The only reason they are propping up Tebow like this is because they fear a backlash in the stands and broke ass Bowlen can't afford that. Manning would be the perfect cover for getting rid of their problem having Tebow under center but not losing fans in the stands. It's hard for me to support decision makers of my team that lack integrity. It was the reason why I never got behind McDaniels.

maher_tyler
03-17-2012, 02:35 PM
That sounds like something a Bowlen apologist has said for the past 2-3 years. Wait until next week, month, year.

When are we going to get some folks in the FO and ownership who have balls?

In fact, I wouldn't even mind that the FO says "**** YOU TIMMAY, we want a PASSING QB!" instead of pretending to throw on a Tebow jersey and a pom pom to keep the fans buying tickets and stabbing him in the back any time they can. If Elway had balls, he'd publicly move on from Tebow yet he'll keep up this cat n' mouse game where his words say one thing, his actions say another. I'm tired of these guys straddling the fence. The only reason they are propping up Tebow like this is because they fear a backlash in the stands and broke ass Bowlen can't afford that. Manning would be the perfect cover for getting rid of their problem having Tebow under center but not losing fans in the stands. It's hard for me to support decision makers of my team that lack integrity. It was the reason why I never got behind McDaniels.

This and if it was someone other than Elway, I'm sure a lot more would be saying the same!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 02:37 PM
They got a plan. Only sign 3rd stringers to starting positions so it keeps that payroll well below the competitive line. Value signings!

What exactly is Xander's even doing? He should've been flushed along with McD.

maher_tyler
03-17-2012, 02:50 PM
They got a plan. Only sign 3rd stringers to starting positions so it keeps that payroll well below the competitive line. Value signings!

What exactly is Xander's even doing? He should've been flushed along with McD.

I agree! Why did he need to go to NC?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 02:54 PM

I'm guessing he was there to handle the beer runs and stock the bar.

OBF1
03-17-2012, 04:24 PM

He was the only one with Papa John's on speed dial..... and the discount coupons. ROFL!

Hamrob
03-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Like I keep saying...over, and, over again.

Bowlen is: BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP!!!!!!!!

They will not get Manning, because both the Titans and 49er's have better Organizations (period).

They will not sign anyone worth a turd in the offseason. Although, many on here will cheer them on, as they sign their predictable has-beens, and never-will-be's.

Bowlen needs to sell this team to an owner that still has the $$$ to compete at a high level.

Pontius Pirate
03-17-2012, 04:57 PM
That's too bad that they want them to resign. It would be great if they re-signed them instead.

cutthemdown
03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
If the Broncos lose Bunkley, don't sign any starting quality players in FA, lose out on Manning, then I am on board with all the people who say Bowlen no longer cares to win.

cutthemdown
03-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Like I keep saying...over, and, over again.

Bowlen is: BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP!!!!!!!!

They will not get Manning, because both the Titans and 49er's have better Organizations (period).

They will not sign anyone worth a turd in the offseason. Although, many on here will cheer them on, as they sign their predictable has-beens, and never-will-be's.

Bowlen needs to sell this team to an owner that still has the $$$ to compete at a high level.

If all that true, with all the rule changes making NFL football sort of lame, I can see me losing interest in the NFL. I have never really been into college but maybe its time.

I figured Denver was getting cap in order, once it was i figured we would spend and add some starters in FA. Its starting to look like it doesn't matter how much cap space Broncos have. They don't make moves now. SD, Oak, KC all making teams better, while Broncos sit around like they are the new Bengals.

Drek
03-17-2012, 05:10 PM
If all that true, with all the rule changes making NFL football sort of lame, I can see me losing interest in the NFL. I have never really been into college but maybe its time.

I figured Denver was getting cap in order, once it was i figured we would spend and add some starters in FA. Its starting to look like it doesn't matter how much cap space Broncos have. They don't make moves now. SD, Oak, KC all making teams better, while Broncos sit around like they are the new Bengals.

McDaniels already put the cap in order for them. There wasn't some mountain of dead money waiting for Elway and co. like there was when Shanahan left. We were over 20 million under the cap last off-season carrying Orton's $9M salary and still did dick with it.

KO5K
03-17-2012, 05:13 PM
If the Broncos lose Bunkley, don't sign any starting quality players in FA, lose out on Manning, then I am on board with all the people who say Bowlen no longer cares to win.

If Bowlen is willing to lay down $90 million for Manning, it's not his fault if the 3 dumbasses can't get Manning to sign here.

When we look back in a few weeks at this pathetic free agency those 3 incompetent assholes will take the blame.

Tombstone RJ
03-17-2012, 05:45 PM

I liked your posts better when you quit the team during the McDaniels tenure. Your constant whining is annoying. Try quitting the team again, you'd save us all a lot of crappy posts.

MVP-06
03-17-2012, 07:28 PM
I wonder if Steelers,Ravens, Packers fans b*tch a much as Broncos fans do when it comes to free agency. They are free for a reason people. Look at the Patriots last year, they tried to make a splash in fa last year and got burned by Ocho and Fat Albert. Don't see them doing any huge moves this year. You build championships through the draft. Obviously Manning is the big target, let's see what happens before we all anoint EFX a failure. We improved by 4 wins with them last year. I'm going to give them more than 15 minutes to try and build a championship team.

barryr
03-17-2012, 07:49 PM
I wonder if Steelers,Ravens, Packers fans b*tch a much as Broncos fans do when it comes to free agency. They are free for a reason people. Look at the Patriots last year, they tried to make a splash in fa last year and got burned by Ocho and Fat Albert. Don't see them doing any huge moves this year. You build championships through the draft. Obviously Manning is the big target, let's see what happens before we all anoint EFX a failure. We improved by 4 wins with them last year. I'm going to give them more than 15 minutes to try and build a championship team.

I doubt it since those teams are in the playoffs most every year since they know how to draft well for a decade and don't need many free agents to fill holes.

Broncos_OTM
03-18-2012, 06:44 AM

Ditto!!!!

DarkHorse
03-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Joe ****ing Mays? Really? We can't find anyone better than him?

Jesus Christ

halfback
03-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Was really hoping for McClain, and a serviceable DT, looks like efx had 1 plan, manning, and nothing if that fell through

bpc
03-18-2012, 07:23 AM
I liked your posts better when you quit the team during the McDaniels tenure. Your constant whining is annoying. Try quitting the team again, you'd save us all a lot of crappy posts.

Uh oh, call out the fan police again. I will never quit my team, i just don't support backstabbing douchebags who lack integrity or balls running my team into the ground. Maybe it says something about you that you do? Lack of football IQ?

rugbythug
03-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Uh oh, call out the fan police again. I will never quit my team, i just don't support backstabbing douchebags who lack integrity or balls running my team into the ground. Maybe it says something about you that you do? Lack of football IQ?

Absurd. One week into one free agency period. Get real.

bowtown
03-18-2012, 07:36 AM
This board has the collective emotional maturity of a six year-old.

bpc
03-18-2012, 07:44 AM

You're late to the convo. Tomb was rehashing my issues w/ McDaniels early in his tenure, for which it hurts me to say, i was right about.

I'm not even saying that EFX are that way but as some have pointed out, they have been deliberately deceitful in their handling of Tebow since they've been here. It's pretty simple. Either back him or don't. If you don't, publicly state it, cut bait on him and move on. I would think that Elway has enough credibility with the Denver fan-base to call this shot and move with it. I'd be fine with it personally and I'd feel better for Tebow as well. Let him go play out his career winning for somebody else. They won't come out and say it though (Bowlen/Ellis) because want to keep folks in the stands as long as they can as Bowlen is broke or trending that way. It's a shady way of doing business. That's the type of **** McDaniels was all about.

rugbythug
03-18-2012, 08:45 AM
You're late to the convo. Tomb was rehashing my issues w/ McDaniels early in his tenure, for which it hurts me to say, i was right about.

I'm not even saying that EFX are that way but as some have pointed out, they have been deliberately deceitful in their handling of Tebow since they've been here. It's pretty simple. Either back him or don't. If you don't, publicly state it, cut bait on him and move on. I would think that Elway has enough credibility with the Denver fan-base to call this shot and move with it. I'd be fine with it personally and I'd feel better for Tebow as well. Let him go play out his career winning for somebody else. They won't come out and say it though (Bowlen/Ellis) because want to keep folks in the stands as long as they can as Bowlen is broke or trending that way. It's a shady way of doing business. That's the type of **** McDaniels was all about.

IMO The Broncos have been anything but deceitful with Tebow. I doubt he ever got the impression the job is his. Maye that is the problem. However EFX are going to do what they think gives them the best chance to win in every situation. Players feelings about that are irrelevant.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 08:55 AM

The Broncos do not owe Tebow anything, the same way they didn't owe Cutler anything.

Mcdaniels mishandled the QB situation and was left with a QB who didn't want to play for him, he turned that QB into draft picks. If Manning doesn't sign EFX will be in the same position of mishandling a QB situation and if they decide to do so they try to turn him into resources, but if there is no offer then let him rot on the bench if need be.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 08:56 AM
This board has the collective emotional maturity of a six year-old.

Six-and-a-half if you please.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 09:02 AM
IMO The Broncos have been anything but deceitful with Tebow. I doubt he ever got the impression the job is his. Maye that is the problem. However EFX are going to do what they think gives them the best chance to win in every situation. Players feelings about that are irrelevant.

Yep. I think the hysteria has more to do with what Tebow fans want the FO to say, but they won't say it. Some people see the great plays that Tebow makes but erase from their memories the really bad ones. The message from the FO regarding Tebow has been consistent. It is consistently "We're not sure." You're not going to win a championship simply because your QB can't read a defense or go through his progressions, but can take off after his first receiver is covered and make up a fantastic play on the fly. That's exciting football to watch, but it's not dependable, as far as the long term odds go.

Look what happened on here? Elway said, "We're HOPING Tebow is our QB for a long, long time." What did the Tebow fans do with that? They made it into what they wanted to hear.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 09:37 AM
they're hanging their hats on Elway saying Tebow would be the starting QB going into training camp.

yet they fail to remember he and Fox said they wanted to sign at least 2 more QB's and have 4 on the roster to compete during training camp.
not to mention they've never said he was the franchise guy, just that they need him to make strides and they hope he will be.

Yep. I think the hysteria has more to do with what Tebow fans want the FO to say, but they won't say it. Some people see the great plays that Tebow makes but erase from their memories the really bad ones. The message from the FO regarding Tebow has been consistent. It is consistently "We're not sure." You're not going to win a championship simply because your QB can't read a defense or go through his progressions, but can take off after his first receiver is covered and make up a fantastic play on the fly. That's exciting football to watch, but it's not dependable, as far as the long term odds go.

Look what happened on here? Elway said, "We're HOPING Tebow is our QB for a long, long time." What did the Tebow fans do with that? They made it into what they wanted to hear.

bpc
03-18-2012, 09:42 AM

This is BS. Elway and Co. have strung Tebow along all the way. It's posted in another thread but Socal or somebody did a great breakdown of the scrutiny and spotlight Elway and co. have placed on their relationship with TT over the past year to the fans, the national and local media. Mostly because they are talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Elway flips from saying one thing to another. He keeps coming back to how he wants Tebow here long term but his actions show time and again, this couldn't be farther from the truth. If you can't see the honesty issue here, i'm not sure what to tell you. It's pretty evident.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 09:53 AM
This is BS. Elway and Co. have strung Tebow along all the way. It's posted in another thread but Socal or somebody did a great breakdown of the scrutiny and spotlight Elway and co. have placed on their relationship with TT over the past year to the fans, the national and local media. Mostly because they are talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Elway flips from saying one thing to another. He keeps coming back to how he wants Tebow here long term but his actions show time and again, this couldn't be farther from the truth. If you can't see the honesty issue here, i'm not sure what to tell you. It's pretty evident.

I think you mean this http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3524137&postcount=293 from Montrose.

All that does is support my contention that the Broncos, Elway and Fox included, have never lied to Tebow. They just haven't expressed faith in him. And that has been consistent. Tebow fans have been demanding that they do so, but they haven't. That's where the divide is. I don't think they've bull**** Tebow or his camp at all.

They've always expressed to him in the clearest terms that they don't think he's good enough to be a franchise QB and that he needs to improve quite a bit to be one. Basically, Fox and Elway have been sending the message to whoever will listen that Tebow needs a lot of work and the franchise is not going to put all its eggs in that basket. Meanwhile, the Tebow fans have been screaming, "He's the second coming!!"

That's where the disconnect lies, IMO.

ncjmirabile
03-18-2012, 09:56 AM

No you just want everyone to agree with you which is why you post crappy arguments.

That One Guy
03-18-2012, 10:10 AM

First, neither Ocho nor Haynesworth were FA acquisitions. They were both buy low trades.

Second, it's one thing to let FAs go if it makes the team better. IF they were playing a game today, there's not enough DTs on the roster to have two on the field for 60 minutes. Being cautious is one thing but you have to have a plan. FA is the only time you can get someone for free (aside from the paycheck) and, otherwise, it costs draft picks. No rookie DT is going to turn the line around by himself. He cannot be the answer. The answer is multiple competent DTs and the only way to get that is through FA.

So, this situation is in no way comparable to teams building through the draft as that is 100% absolutely NOT their intentions here because it would be literally impossible.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

whatever. You went full retard, you can't come back...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-18-2012, 11:28 AM

It's the same people, every year, who complain that the Broncos haven't made 15 FA signings already. Nothing changes.

There's another group who will flip out because of who the Broncos: drafted, didn't draft, question why they didn't trade down 18 times so they could have 25 picks in the lower rounds to draft all the players that are "perfect fits" for the this team, etc.

Same ****, different year.

broncocalijohn
03-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Joe Mays is alright. As a 3rd stringer.

The possibility of him starting a game for us again makes me vomit uncontrollably.

Bunkley is what made not getting Dareus or another stud DT during the draft. We are back at square one but a year later if we either do not re-sign him or find someone with the same skill level. Get the guy that has been here a season under the new regime.

ol#7
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
It's the same people, every year, who complain that the Broncos haven't made 15 FA signings already. Nothing changes.

There's another group who will flip out because of who the Broncos: drafted, didn't draft, question why they didn't trade down 18 times so they could have 25 picks in the lower rounds to draft all the players that are "perfect fits" for the this team, etc.

37 players under contract. Multiple players moving around signing cap friendly deals, and we are not players in anything but PM. Sorry but this is getting tiresome watching our FO get worked by the rest of the league. 50 mil in cap space, most in the league...

barryr
03-18-2012, 12:55 PM
So if the Broncos do little in FA, people will be happy they didn't overspend and get to have more money for next year to supposedly spend big? They can play that game every year. Oh, contracts were too high, so better to not spend money until next year. And the next year. And the next year. When will the contracts not be big? 2020?

KO5K
03-18-2012, 12:56 PM

Well when we do jack **** in FA and follow up with fielding a **** team, why shouldn't people complain?