PDA

View Full Version : peyton manning or not, we need to be looking to sign either Mike Tolbert or Mike Bush...

txtebow
03-17-2012, 11:34 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/mike-tolbert-to-steelers-is-not-happening/

Power backs to help our offense while at the same time hurting our division rivals..........it makes TOO much sense. Git 'er done!

Bronco Rob
03-17-2012, 11:36 AM
:strong:

BroncoMan4ever
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Actually investing heavily in the RB position isn't necessary if we get Manning as the offense will become pass happy and the running game will be used sporadically to keep defenses honest

Bronco Rob
03-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Actually investing heavily in the RB position isn't necessary if we get Manning as the offense will become pass happy and the running game will be used sporadically to keep defenses honest

That still doesn't change the fact that Willis McGahee is on the wrong side of 30 and no insurance Moreno is gone. Lance Ball and Jeremiah Johnson are at best third stringers. We need a solid change of pace back so McGahee won't have to carry the load alone bad hammy and all.

Denver724
03-17-2012, 12:06 PM
We haven't done **** in FA. I am starting to wonder what we are doing. Jason Jones signs a 1-year deal in Seattle. Bunk visiting Saints. What are we going to do on the DL? And I agree about RB. Cant we sign Tolbert or Bush? Frustrated.

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 12:08 PM
if they dont get manning, i seriously wonder if it will be too late to do anything in FA. enter 2012 season with 40 mil in cap space.

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 12:08 PM

so you are saying dont invest money into the RB position because we have a 33% chance of getting manning and still having 20 mil open cap space? and if we dont...

st.bernard
03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
On board with going after Tolbert for sure.

broncos-rock
03-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Maybe they see something in Mario Fanin!

Punisher
03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
I rather have fresh legs maybe a 4th or 3rd round powerback

BroncoMan4ever
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
so you are saying dont invest money into the RB position because we have a 33% chance of getting manning and still having 20 mil open cap space? and if we dont...

I am not saying don't invest in RB. I am saying don't give a huge contract out for the position. If we get Manning all that money on a big time back will be somewhat a waste since the position isn't a big part of the Manning offense. We just need a solid guy who can spell McGahee that we can sign to a reasonable deal. But if we don't get Manning and both of these guys are still available go balls out to get them. A reasonable priced guy would still be a good signing as McGahee looked good but wore down last season. So we need a guy to take 10 carries or so from him.

The indecision of Peyton hurts us more than other teams because if we don't get him we have to look at completely different set of offensive players for this team and a completely different offensive scheme whereas other teams can just address needs and fit Peyton into the team.

We have to either set up a Tebow no passing offense and get linemen and backs or a pass happy Mannjng offense and get more receiving weapons

Chris
03-17-2012, 01:24 PM
We're going to draft a RB.

BroncoMan4ever
03-17-2012, 01:26 PM

Doug Martin out oc Boise in the 2nd or 3rd would be awesome.

SpringStein
03-17-2012, 01:31 PM

Tolbert caught 54 passes out of the backfield last year - a nice safety valve.

R8R H8R
03-17-2012, 01:32 PM
The Manning decision determines what kind of running backs we need. Knowshon would be a Manning type RB, and obviously so would Adai. Bush & Tolbert would be Tebow type backs.

So yes, we are probably waiting for PM to sign, or not.

Shananahan
03-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I rather have fresh legs maybe a 4th or 3rd round powerback
I know it's a waste of time to respond to you, but both Tolbert and Bush have relatively fresh legs. Neither guy is a run-down has-been.

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 01:40 PM

At this point in time we need to draft a

QB
DT x 2
CB
WR, we've only 3 on the roster, Jason Hill doesn't count cos he's pathetic.

Chris
03-17-2012, 01:43 PM
At this point in time we need to draft a

QB
DT x 2
CB
WR, we've only 3 on the roster, Jason Hill doesn't count cos he's pathetic.

This is a John Fox team and we're still in BPA mode. There's too much talent at RB in this draft to pass up. I doubt Martin lasts till the 3rd given his combine performance.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I've always wanted Michael Bush to be on the Broncos.

Punisher
03-17-2012, 03:52 PM
I know it's a waste of time to respond to you, but both Tolbert and Bush have relatively fresh legs. Neither guy is a run-down has-been.

So dont respond and put me on ignore you ****ing ****

ScottXray
03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
The Manning decision determines what kind of running backs we need. Knowshon would be a Manning type RB, and obviously so would Adai. Bush & Tolbert would be Tebow type backs.

So yes, we are probably waiting for PM to sign, or not.

Agree, but we need to have one of these type backs to spell McGahee, whether
we get Manning or not. Talent in the backfield to pick up short yardage is needed in either case. Doing nothing is what is going on with the Broncos...

the circle jerk continues.

Drek
03-17-2012, 04:57 PM
So dont respond and put me on ignore you ****ing ****

So you make a stupid uneducated post and when someone gives a reasonable rubutal your response is they should just ignore you? On a forum with the soul purpose of discussing the Denver Broncos football team?

Maybe your takes would be better reserved for some kind of blog or diary if you can't handle someone pointing out how wrong you are.

Punisher
03-17-2012, 05:01 PM
So you make a stupid uneducated post and when someone gives a reasonable rubutal your response is they should just ignore you? On a forum with the soul purpose of discussing the Denver Broncos football team?

Maybe your takes would be better reserved for some kind of blog or diary if you can't handle someone pointing out how wrong you are.

You can put me on ignore too you ****ing loser and a 3rd round powerback isn't a uneducated post it might actually happen

Drek
03-17-2012, 05:16 PM
You can put me on ignore too you ****ing loser and a 3rd round powerback isn't a uneducated post it might actually happen

No, you claimed that you'd rather have fresh legs. Both Bush and Tolbert are in their prime years and neither has been the workhorse of their offense. How are their legs not "fresh"?

And why is adding a back in FA and another through the draft an either/or proposition? Do we really think Lance Ball deserves NFL carries? Do we think Moreno is suddenly going be the man now? Is McGahee really ready for a 300+ carry season?

But again, keep acting like this site is your own personal blog where no one should bother you while you spout of half baked comments. The world really does revolve around you, we're the problem for disagreeing with your obviously infallible statements.

RubberDuckie24
03-17-2012, 05:16 PM

Lmao. Why ignore when we can enjoy your retarded rhetoric? Ha!

Punisher
03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
No, you claimed that you'd rather have fresh legs. Both Bush and Tolbert are in their prime years and neither has been the workhorse of their offense. How are their legs not "fresh"?

And why is adding a back in FA and another through the draft an either/or proposition? Do we really think Lance Ball deserves NFL carries? Do we think Moreno is suddenly going be the man now? Is McGahee really ready for a 300+ carry season?

But again, keep acting like this site is your own personal blog where no one should bother you while you spout of half baked comments. The world really does revolve around you, we're the problem for disagreeing with your obviously infallible statements.

So Tolbert and bush have fresher legs then a 3rd round rookie RB oh ok i didn't knew that

Punisher
03-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Lmao. Why ignore when we can enjoy your retarded rhetoric? Ha!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Oh2FKENMoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Punisher
03-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Drek http://orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3523536#post3523536)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bush
The injury was so bad that ESPN announced before the end of the game that Bush would miss the remainder of the 2006 season.<sup id="cite_ref-4" class="reference">[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bush#cite_note-4)</sup> The injury required the insertion of a steel rod and a second operation to facilitate the healing process.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/3/17/2880597/mike-tolbert-watch-turned-into-a-mike-tolbert-warning
injury-prone free agent who will probably cost more?

LMAO You lose

txtebow
03-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Both Tolbert and Bush are proven commodities with one being a TD machine and the other a guy who averages over 5 yards a carry when he starts. Both with our need for a 1b or reliable #2 coupled with the signings hurting our division rivals it's a no brainer...

tsiguy96
03-17-2012, 08:10 PM
even if denver does get manning, they woulda had the cap space to sign eric winston, chris myers and mike bush.

TomServo
03-18-2012, 02:03 AM
only a total moron would use a high draft pick to take a RB in this day and age. much less a #1
O wait.....

serious hops
03-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Bush or Tolbert? Hah! You'll get Cadillac Williams, and like it.

txtebow
03-18-2012, 09:54 AM

the way this off season is headed you may be onto something....

elsid13
03-18-2012, 09:59 AM

He's to young for this team. Welcome aboard Cedric Benson

serious hops
03-18-2012, 10:00 AM
He's to young for this team. Welcome aboard Cedric Benson

I hear Tiki Barber's looking to get back in the league. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

elsid13
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
I hear Tiki Barber's looking to get back in the league. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Well maybe we can get his brother to play DB for us too. A 2 for 1 deal....

boltaneer
03-18-2012, 01:35 PM
I have a bad feeling that Tolbert is going to wind up in Denver.

Not a big fan of his but I'm sure he'll be motivated to step up big against the Chargers twice a year.

OrangeDonkey
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
We're going to get Manning. I have faith.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
I have a bad feeling that Tolbert is going to wind up in Denver.

Unlikely. He'll be offended by Denver's offer and he'll think they lack class when they don't even offer him a meal at the visit to the facility and give him flight tickets on coach.

gunns
03-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Tolbert has signed with the Panthers. Manning is a Bronco now sign some damn FA's!