PDA

View Full Version : what if PM signs elsewhere?

peacepipe
03-16-2012, 12:39 PM
hard to say but I think tannihill or flynn may be the better option. I don't see how tebow can go into the season after this.

Taco John
03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
We stick with Tebow and draft a rookie in the second or third round...

Gcver2ver3
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
PM was the only player Elway could feasibly land that Denver fans would accept for Tebow...

thats why he been chasing this so hard...

like i said all along...

when PM visited and left without a contract, i knew it was over...

i don't care if he says he doesnt wanna talk money... first day you talk football...give him a great time in the evening and convince him to stay the night... next day, get your money guys in the office and blow him away with a huge contract... over pay and get the deal done...

when FAs visit, you don't let them leave without a contract... thats the way you get your guy, ask buffalo...

bronco militia
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUiUGpHAzW4lVG0vVWadCJC1sLR337g 9dswLXd2hJf10617bUjCBVHdca9MA

ColoradoBuff
03-16-2012, 12:46 PM
stick with Tebow and go after Defense in the draft and FA

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 12:46 PM
You can't waste a draft pick on a QB.

Team needs O-lineman, D lineman, WR's TE's give me a break. Team needs to adress back up QB through FA and stick with Tebow.

Rohirrim
03-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah. We give Tebow a shot. My Flynn thing was a joke. That's why I put the little smilie face on it.

I would still say to bring in a vet as backup. Can't just have Weber.

BroncoBeavis
03-16-2012, 12:48 PM

100% chance. :)

bendog
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
go with tebow and suck for .... barkley (I like Tyler Wilson more, personally)

peacepipe
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
IDK about all that. I believe EFX is looking to get out of this "tebowmania" thing. I truely think if PM doesn't sign that they will make a move in the draft to move up if need be to get tannihill.

Lycan
03-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Drafting a QB in 2nd-3rd very rarely works out for a team.

Stick with Tebow, if he doesn't work out this year go after the top QB of next years draft.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I dont want barkley. I'm out in PAC 12 country and when that dude misses a reciever, cover your beer.

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah. We give Tebow a shot....

Tebow is the only QB in the world who is not judged by results. WTF is wrong with people? Give a guy who led a 1-4 team to a home play-off victory a shot? This after going a half a decade without a play-off game. This fan base is ****ed up in the head along with Elway for even thinking of going with another QB. un****ing believable what a bunch of tards.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Drafting a QB in 2nd-3rd very rarely works out for a team.

Stick with Tebow, if he doesn't work out this year go after the top QB of next years draft.

This is true. Drew brees was the only great one in years. Schaub maybe.

Lots of quincy Carter's and mcnowns.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Tebow is the only QB in the world who is not judged by results. WTF is wrong with people? Give a guy who led a 1-4 team to a home play-off victory a shot? This after going a half a decade without a play-off game. This fan base is ****ed up in the head along with Elway for even thinking of going with another QB. un****ing believable what a bunch of tards.

0-3 at the end of they year. 1-4. Don't give me the playoff win arguement cause that 0-3 made that playoff game to not exist if it wasnt for phillip rivers.

Rohirrim
03-16-2012, 12:56 PM

You kwazy.

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 12:57 PM
0-3 at the end of they year...

Oh yeah thanks to elway giving the Chiefs a division rival Kyle Orton.

peacepipe
03-16-2012, 12:59 PM

like orton had anything to do with tebows poor play.

houghtam
03-16-2012, 12:59 PM
0-3 at the end of they year. 1-4. Don't give me the playoff win arguement cause that 0-3 made that playoff game to not exist if it wasnt for phillip rivers.

Revisionist history once again, I see. No one who ever backs in to the playoffs gets to count any win after that.

You deserve to be on ignore.

So let it be written.

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
like orton had anything to do with tebows poor play.

the sabotaging scheme designed to do nothing more than shut Tebow down. Had more to do with that than Tebow. How many passes did Tebow have again while the team was not behind all season?

LMAO keep thinking Tebow is the problem in Denver and take the money needed to solve the probl;ems and blow them on a guy who needs all the pieces in place to be successful brilliant

bendog
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Revisionist history once again, I see. No one who ever backs in to the playoffs gets to count any win after that.

You deserve to be on ignore.

So let it be written.

seriously, he sucked in 3 of the last four. you can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end .....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13200/tim-tebow

he may get better, who knows. Personally, I wouldn't bet on it happening, though.

peacepipe
03-16-2012, 01:09 PM
the sabotaging scheme designed to do nothing more than shut Tebow down. Had more to do with that than Tebow. How many passes did Tebow have again while the team was not behind all season?

LMAO keep thinking Tebow is the problem in Denver and take the money needed to solve the probl;ems and blow them on a guy who needs all the pieces in place to be successful brilliant

we're already blowing money on a QB that needs all the pieces to be successfull hell they had to dumb down the offense to a college level just so he could have some success.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-16-2012, 01:09 PM

They scored 7 points.

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
The only thing being dumbed down is this fan base. LMAO

peacepipe
03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
They scored 7 points.

how many points was tebow able to get?...3

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
They scored 7 points.

Point is the Fox refused to open up the offense. Fox had tebows hands tied virtually all season. Elway is doing nothing more now than proving just how desperate he is to get rid of tebow, Just like Fox did all season. Nothing new here. These two's attempts to throw tebow under a bus is well documentsed, but the tard fans refuse to acknowledge Elways and Foxes role in regards to how tebow was being held back by the scheme as well as having his best receivers dismantled from the team. Wake up you bunch of fruit loops. you are beeing dooped and how. LMAO

I think it is funny now that they have a prototypical passer lined up, how Elway's attempt to sabotage tebow is backfiring because PM will have squat to work with just like Tebow did, and this is where the Joke comes in, Tebow is the one that gives this team the best chance to win as a result because he can carry this lame ass team to the play-offs with his legs and arms, something Peyton who is not a football player will fail miserably at. ha

The Irony is seeing Elways offseason plan to help Tebow come into fruition. with help like this who needs enemies? Elway is a traitor.

peacepipe
03-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Point is the Fox refused to open up the offense. Fox had tebows hands tied virtually all season. Elway is doing nothing more now than proving just how desperate he is to get rid of tebow, Just like Fox did all season. Nothing new here. These two's attempts to throw tebow under a bus is well documentsed, but the tard fans refuse to acknowledge Elways and Foxes role in regards to how tebow was being held back by the scheme as well as having his best receivers dismantled from the team. Wake up you bunch of fruit loops. you are beeing dooped and how. LMAO

LOL, its everybodys fault but tebow excuse.

hookemhess
03-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Look at the offensive unit's results with Tebow under center and get back to me. And also look at the defensive unit's results in our victories.

hookemhess
03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Look at the offensive unit's results with Tebow under center and get back to me. And also look at the defensive unit's results in our victories.

I'll post one of the nonsensical replies that will inevitably come from a Teoblower: "RRARARBLARR TEBOW MAKES THE DEFENSE WORK!!1"

I like the kid. I really really do. And I hope he makes tremendous strides as a quarterback. But when your franchise has an opportunity to pick up an all-time great and you're fielding a guy that clearly needs a lot more work.... you take it.

houghtam
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I'll post one of the nonsensical replies that will inevitably come from a Teoblower: "RRARARBLARR TEBOW MAKES THE DEFENSE WORK!!1"

I like the kid. I really really do. And I hope he makes tremendous strides as a quarterback. But when your franchise has an opportunity to pick up an all-time great and you're fielding a guy that clearly needs a lot more work.... you take it.

I don't think anyone has said anything of the sort. My stance is that a defense that allows 40 or more points 5 separate times in one season would receive at the very least a "NI (Needs Improvement)" on its third grade report card, if not a "See Me" followed by a month full of garden weeding and supper without dessert.

In fact, many of us "Teoblowers", as you so eloquently put it, are simply saying that, regardless of who is available at quarterback, we are not "a quarterback" away from a Super Bowl. We're AT LEAST interior DL depth, 2 starting LB and 3/4 of our defensive backfield, the right side of our OL, a TE, and an every down back away.

Tebow played well enough for the FO to announce him the starter going into camp next year. Let's fill other holes first.

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM

Guy gets a few passing reps to receivers who are in such shock when the ball is thrown at them that they fail to make the catch all too often this is another huge problem Tebow had to contend with.

run run pass offenses predictability played the biggest role in killing the offense. But lets keep fox and fire Tebow as the starter. Brilliant tard move

Fox had the offense going in reverse with his scheme, its a wonder Tebow won anything with thi clown act running this organization into the ground

SonOfLe-loLang
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
I dont get the point of drafting a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd unless youre in love with him. I'd ride it out with Tebow, and if we're 4-12, go elsewhere next season

Broncbow
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Team needs a head coach who knows how to execute a modern era type offense. I mean this is really what has so many fans excited about manning, they know Fox will not even try that crap with him

Turd_Ferguson
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Team needs a head coach who knows how to execute a modern era type offense.

Team needs a quarterback who knows how to execute a modern era type offense.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Team needs a head coach who knows how to execute a modern era type offense. I mean this is really what has so many fans excited about manning, they know Fox will not even try that crap with him

Do you honestly, 100 percent believe that Fox was trying to submarine Tebow with thier offense?

sinuous sausage
03-16-2012, 02:01 PM

Seriously? Is a QB's quality dependent on solely his W-L record in the last three games of the regular season? I mean, you gays will come up with anything to disparage the Teeb's accomplishments. What's next, he wasn't wearing enough facial hair? That random criteria seems as valid as the arbitrary "0-3 in the last three games" bollocks you've established.

sinuous sausage
03-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I mean, by your line of thought, no one should ever get credit for anything, because that someone wouldn't have ever happened had their dad pulled out

bendog
03-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I mean, by your line of thought, no one should ever get credit for anything, because that someone wouldn't have ever happened had their dad pulled out

The sad think is this post probably made sense to you.

errand
03-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Gotta love how people say "Tebow was named starter heading into 2012 training camp"

Well, it was either him or Weber.....

And it was before Manning was released.

sinuous sausage
03-16-2012, 02:14 PM
The sad think is this post probably made sense to you.

Don't call someone else's post nonsense before you edit your own, bub.

I will allow that it probably makes no sense, but that was pretty much the entire point of the post.

BroncoBeavis
03-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I dont get the point of drafting a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd unless youre in love with him. I'd ride it out with Tebow, and if we're 4-12, go elsewhere next season

With all of our other needs, I don't think we can spare the draft choice. Plus I'd rather have a vet to work with Tebow and Weber than a 3rd kid with no experience.

Old Dude
03-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Assuming Manning's gone, I think we stick with Tebow.

Logically, I think that means that we focus more on RBs than WRs, since we'll stay a run-heavy team. Tolbert might be a good fit; if not, then maybe Jacobs who'd probably be cheaper.

Beyond that, they'll need a mobile QB who plays a reasonably similar style in case Tebow goes down.

Beadles needs to be replaced regardless.

Re-sign Bunkley and focus on defensive players through the remainder of free agency and the draft.

Not very exciting, but you do what you can with what you got.

Doggcow
03-16-2012, 03:15 PM

As opposed to it's 100% Tebow's fault in every way, no one elses. Except for the playoffs, and wildcard win, those don't get to be his fault because they're positive...

How about the part where he got us to the playoffs from 1-4? Can we use that?

RADRHATR
03-16-2012, 03:18 PM
stick with Tebow and go after Defense in the draft and FA

AMEN!!!!

The Moops
03-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I doubt Tebow stays regardless. I think if Manning signs elsewhere, Tebow will still ask for his release. Maybe get traded to Dolphins, Jags, Seahawks ...

Denver will draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2, then bring in whoever is left to be a FA QB starter ...

barryr
03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
My opinion is if the Broncos do not get Manning, deal Tebow to Seattle for some mid round pick and trade down in the draft and take QB Cousins from Michigan St. with their top 2nd round pick, assuming they got another one from trading down. Cousins actually played in a pro style offense and reportedly had a great pro day and can make all the throws IMO.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Where is choice for Mane crashes?

montrose
03-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I expect they will pursue the former QB of the team he selects, either Matt Hasselbeck or Alex Smith.

theAPAOps5
03-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I expect they will pursue the former QB of the team he selects, either Matt Hasselbeck or Alex Smith.

Tebow?

houghtam
03-16-2012, 07:55 PM
My opinion is if the Broncos do not get Manning, deal Tebow to Seattle for some mid round pick and trade down in the draft and take QB Cousins from Michigan St. with their top 2nd round pick, assuming they got another one from trading down. Cousins actually played in a pro style offense and reportedly had a great pro day and can make all the throws IMO.

The reactions on his pro day are mixed. He scripted his own pro day, which was very impressive to those in attendance from a leadership standpoint, but then proceeded to not be very crisp on his throws, making his receivers twist and turn.

I've said this before in the College Football thread, but I think Cousins is probably a third rounder at best, based on his combine and pro day performance. Someone who's desperate might take a flyer on him at the end of round 2, but that will be a reach, IMO. Cousins could probably be a very good quarterback if he's able to learn for awhile behind a great quarterback, but you're setting him up to fail if you put him in too early for the NFL game. Brian Hoyer is another former Michigan State quarterback who fits this mold pretty well, and I think the NFL will be surprised at how well he plays when and if he gets out from behind Brady's shadow.

Requiem
03-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Ryan Lindley 2012!!!!!

barryr
03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
The reactions on his pro day are mixed. He scripted his own pro day, which was very impressive to those in attendance from a leadership standpoint, but then proceeded to not be very crisp on his throws, making his receivers twist and turn.

I've said this before in the College Football thread, but I think Cousins is probably a third rounder at best, based on his combine and pro day performance. Someone who's desperate might take a flyer on him at the end of round 2, but that will be a reach, IMO. Cousins could probably be a very good quarterback if he's able to learn for awhile behind a great quarterback, but you're setting him up to fail if you put him in too early for the NFL game. Brian Hoyer is another former Michigan State quarterback who fits this mold pretty well, and I think the NFL will be surprised at how well he plays when and if he gets out from behind Brady's shadow.

The Broncos will be desperation mode if Manning doesn't sign. Talk of Weeden makes me ill. I see a total flop there.

houghtam
03-16-2012, 08:07 PM
The Broncos will be desperation mode if Manning doesn't sign. Talk of Weeden makes me ill. I see a total flop there.

I think we'd be better off drafting Cousins if Manning DOES sign. And if we get rid of Tebow.

ClamChowdah
03-16-2012, 08:12 PM
You start Tebow and win 5 or 6 games with your schedule, enjoy watching the Patriots/Steelers/Ravens dominate the conference again.

You suck, your division sucks, AFC Worst LOL ROFL!

The Brady punt shows how we like to rub your face in your own mediocrity.

barryr
03-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I think we'd be better off drafting Cousins if Manning DOES sign. And if we get rid of Tebow.

Well, if Manning does sign, then I would wait until the 4th round and take a QB like Coleman or take a chance on Osweiler. Save the higher picks for CB, LB, DT, RB, etc.

Tim
03-16-2012, 08:18 PM
You start Tebow and win 5 or 6 games with your schedule, enjoy watching the Patriots/Steelers/Ravens dominate the conference again.

You suck, your division sucks, AFC Worst LOL ROFL!

The Brady punt shows how we like to rub your face in your own mediocrity.

your mom wont let you go to your boyfriend's house and spend the night tonight so you troll a denver broncos message board??

ClamChowdah
03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
your mom wont let you go to your boyfriend's house and spend the night tonight so you troll a denver broncos message board??

Bill Belichick, quite possibly the greatest human in the entire world.

Hotrod
03-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Bill Belichick, quite possibly the greatest human in the entire world.

I for one am honored to have Belichicks mom posting on our humble board.

As far as the poll question. You start Tebow go 7-9 and win back to back AFC west divison titles. :strong:

sinuous sausage
03-16-2012, 08:35 PM

Aren't all the arguments against Manning (age, downside of career) pretty much the same against Weeden?

ClamChowdah
03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
I for one am honored to have Belichicks mom posting on our humble board.

As far as the poll question. You start Tebow go 7-9 and win back to back AFC west divison titles. :strong:

Its quite possible, the AFC West winner is just a doormat for the powerhouse teams in the playoffs anyway but you already knew that.

45-10

Hotrod
03-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Its quite possible, the AFC West winner is just a doormat for the powerhouse teams in the playoffs anyway but you already knew that.

45-10

I smell fear or maybe it was the chili I had for lunch.

On a serious note do they really spell out that faggy east coast accent???

lonestar
03-16-2012, 08:40 PM
hard to say but I think tannihill or flynn may be the better option. I don't see how tebow can go into the season after this.

So the guy that has been proving EVERYONE wrong since grade school is going drop into a fetal ball and whimp out. Ahahahahahahahahahaha

He is going be that much more determined to win.

Archer81
03-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Aren't all the arguments against Manning (age, downside of career) pretty much the same against Weeden?

Shhh. 28 year old rookies are the answer!

In Manning We Trust.

Am I doing it right?

:Broncos:

Archer81
03-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I smell fear or maybe it was the chili I had for lunch.

On a serious note do they really spell out that faggy east coast accent???

It's Bob.

sinuous sausage
03-16-2012, 08:43 PM
So the guy that has been proving EVERYONE wrong since grade school is going drop into a fetal ball and whimp out. Ahahahahahahahahahaha

He is going be that much more determined to win.

Maybe EFX are geniuses (genuii?)

sinuous sausage
03-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Shhh. 28 year old rookies are the answer!

In Manning We Trust.

Am I doing it right?

-5 for missing the obligatory "Teb0ner"

Archer81
03-16-2012, 08:46 PM
-5 for missing the obligatory "Teb0ner"

Dammit...

barryr
03-16-2012, 08:48 PM

Weeden played pretty much just in a shotgun offense with 4 WR's. Call me skeptical a 28 year old rookie is ready to come into the NFL and run a more typical pro style offense.

sinuous sausage
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Dammit...

It's the team, don't you see? The team is better. Not so much with Manning, as without Tebow (and his b0ners). The offense is solid, only surpassed in glory by the defense. This is why Tebow, the luckiest QB ever, took a .200 ballclub to the playoffs last year. Because that .200 ballclub is actually really close to winning a SB with PM. You idiot

cmhargrove
03-16-2012, 08:54 PM
I doubt Tebow stays regardless. I think if Manning signs elsewhere, Tebow will still ask for his release. Maybe get traded to Dolphins, Jags, Seahawks ...

Denver will draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2, then bring in whoever is left to be a FA QB starter ...

If Tebow doesn't stay on the roster here in Denver, why do you think he would want to be traded to another team that also won't build to his strengths? Which team is set up for his success?

Tebow knows he will be much better off staying here and starting another year if Manning goes elsewhere. I hope he stays even if we do get Manning, i don't think there's another team out there that could guarantee him a starting job. It takes big balls to redesign and rebuild around a player like Tebow. It's a huge gamble that could pay off huge, or end in the gutter. I, for one, would love to see Denver fully back him for at least one full season to see how far he can go.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-17-2012, 12:04 AM
say doesnt denver have a history of being a crappy December team no matter whos the Qb is

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-17-2012, 12:07 AM

45-10

oh for the love of god drop this transparent kiddie disguise bob.
i assume you are adult not a stupid 12 year old child
or are you that far gone from huffing paint fumes out of a paper bag .

KevinJames
03-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Stick with Tebow grab Cousins in the 2nd round.

canadianbroncosfan
03-17-2012, 01:32 AM

45-10

And that won you exactly as many Super Bowls as the Broncos this season.

Durango
03-17-2012, 03:36 AM

Exactly. Brandon Weedon, unless he's taken before Denver's pick in the 2nd.

I really think Denver will move up in the second if necessary to draft Weedon.

peacepipe
03-17-2012, 05:52 AM

He is going be that much more determined to win.he hasn't proved anything other than you can get away with being a **** passer in HS & college.