PDA

View Full Version : Is Payton actually healthy enough?

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Sorry guys, I am originally from Colorado, but am living in Missouri, which is the equivalent to living in a cave, 20 yrs back in time. Is He gonna last 3 or 4 years? I mean, and correct me if I'm wrong, but fusing vertebrae isn't cool, every buddy I've known who has had that kind of surgery has been screwed up for the rest of their lives. What's gonna happen the first time Harrison or Suh or some other dirty playin' a**hole rams his gourd into the ground? Can't be good on a fused neck vertebrae.

Catch me up please.

On another note, I am hoping we get Payaton, trade Tebow to Jax for Gabbert. At Mizzou Gabbert showed moments of brilliance, prototypical drop back passer, has an excellent arm, just gotta break him from the spread type O he ran in college. Let's face it, Jacksonville sucks, no wonder Gabbert had a ****ty year there. With Manning, and Elway to tutor him, god knows how good he can be.

Turd_Ferguson
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Peyton

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry I meant to say Payaton, both times. My bad.

Taco John
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry I meant to say Payaton, both times. My bad.

Oh, well in that case...

Taco John
03-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Paging Doc Bronc. Paging Doc Bronc. You're the only one even remotely qualified to answer this question. Not that we couldn't cobble an answer together ourselves without your so-called "expert" opinion - this IS the orange mane, afterall.

Man-Goblin
03-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I heard that not only can her turn his head again, but now he can turn his neck 360 degrees exorcist style. Should be awesome in playaction.

ThirtyDegrees
03-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Nobody knows because Elway decided that doing due diligence and getting a physical and watching Peyton throw wasn't necessary.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:39 PM
In no way did i ever say my opinion was "expert". It's called reading comprehension, google it.

Pony Boy
03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Sorry you lost me at .....Gabbert showed moments of brilliance.

ScottXray
03-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Paging Doc Bronc. Paging Doc Bronc. You're the only one even remotely qualified to answer this question. Not that we couldn't cobble an answer together ourselves without your so-called "expert" opinion - this IS the orange mane, afterall.

Doc had a post on one of the threads that, while the repaired area may actually be stronger than it ever was , what would worry him is the thought of another ( different ) vertebra having another disk bulge and impinge on the nerve again.
The tendency is already there..so this might just go up or down the spine to a different area and start all over again.

Rimshot! Badabing!

ORANGEJARHEAD
Yeah not a Jacksonville. Mizzou was ranked #1 for a while, you can't say it wasn't 'cuz of Gabbert.

Taco John
The way I see it - Peyton Manning is one of the most intelligent guys to ever play the game. As it is, he's rich, and the world is his oyster. He could do anything from join the Colts front office, to joining a Sunday gab crew. He can do whatever he wants at this point. I find it hard to believe that he'd do anything to jeopardize his future any more than it already would be. He's got doctors and advisers and a family. If he believes that he's healthy enough to play the game based on everything he's been told, I trust his judgement.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Doc had a post on one of the threads that, while the repaired area may actually be stronger than it ever was , what would worry him is the thought of another ( different ) vertebra having another disk bulge and impinge on the nerve again.
The tendency is already there..so this might just go up or down the spine to a different area and start all over again.

Rimshot! Badabing!

Thank you! That was all I wanted to know.

Taco John
03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
In no way did i ever say my opinion was "expert". It's called reading comprehension, google it.

We have a practicing physician on the forum named Doc Broncenstien. He's who I was referring to.

Sorry about he whole Missouri thing, by the way. Sending prayers your way. May God give you strength.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I just want my beloved Denver Broncos to rule again. That is it. I have never left the Denver bandwagon, and I never will. I love this team with everything I have. I bleed orange and blue. John Elway, I am convinced is Jesus. Karl Mecklenburg, Rulon Jones, Louis Wright, Champ Bailey, John Lynch, ATWATER, Dennis Smith, hell I am old enuff to remember rooting for Craig Morton in the SB loss to the Cowgirls.

So don't beat me up too hard, just love my team.

ThirtyDegrees
03-15-2012, 09:50 PM
The way I see it - Peyton Manning is one of the most intelligent guys to ever play the game. As it is, he's rich, and the world is his oyster. He could do anything from join the Colts front office, to joining a Sunday gab crew. He can do whatever he wants at this point. I find it hard to believe that he'd do anything to jeopardize his future any more than it already would be. He's got doctors and advisers and a family. If he believes that he's healthy enough to play the game based on everything he's been told, I trust his judgement.

Yeah, because nobody else in that situation has ever misjudged their health in the history of professional sports.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:51 PM

Thank you, that is an answer I have been looking for.

Pony Boy
03-15-2012, 09:53 PM
I've spent some time in Springfield Missouri, it's one of the hotspots in the U.S., it's a beautiful area and great golf.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Sorry you lost me at .....Gabbert showed moments of brilliance.

Man, he really did, although I can't stand Missouri, I still follow Mizzou football. His last year, his jr. year, He did'nt have some of the weapons he had the previous years. You gotta admit, tho, he is more of the type of qb we should be looking at for the future. Size, arm, drop back pocket passer. Only drawback is his mobility.

I mean, for gods sake, he got Mizzou to #1, he aught to get a medal, trophy or something just for that.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I've spent some time in Springfield Missouri, it's one of the hotspots in the U.S., it's a beautiful area and great golf.

Just gets old dude. No snowboarding, hillbillies everywhere, most houses have wheels, Springfield is way better than KC or StLouis tho.

I like to explain it this way, Once you've lived in Paris, it is really hard to go back where you are from and be happy.

Love Colorado, I shall return.

Taco John
03-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah, because nobody else in that situation has ever misjudged their health in the history of professional sports.

Maybe they have. I'm just saying that as far as I'm concerned, Peyton Manning is a better judge of his health and future than I am - and if he thinks he's ready to go, that's good enough for me.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night, I got this. What you have to worry about is that it's a bad fetzer valve. Because everything is ball bearings these days. Get some 3 in 1 oil and he should be good. Stat

You always have to say stat at the end! it makes the hot and willing to experiment nurses run

Pony Boy
03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Just gets old dude. No snowboarding, hillbillies everywhere, most houses have wheels, Springfield is way better than KC or StLouis tho.

I like to explain it this way, Once you've lived in Paris, it is really hard to go back where you are from and be happy.

Love Colorado, I shall return.

But the noodling for catfish is awesome .....

Archer81
03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
I once stayed in a hotel in Colombia, MO. The cable was stripped wires shoved into the back of the TV, badly patched bullet holes were in the wall and the carpet had an odd, human shaped stain. A lady also threatened to sue my dog because he was a "black bastard" and that's what they do. So, fellow Bronco fan, I feel the pain you must experience by being in MO.

I disagree with the Gabbert statement. We trade Tebow for Gabbs, it better have a pick or three coming back with him. Maybe I am naive. Maybe I am swimming in the high that is post coital awesomeness. Or maybe I'm a little buzzed.

Make it so.

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Ever played Murder Rock? Not Springfield, Branson. But it's awesome and murder

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
But the noodling for catfish is awesome .....

Yeah, that is one cool thing, hell they got a tv show about now. lol

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 10:09 PM

Yeah the sw part of the state is cool, everywhere else in the state.......you just gotta come here to see and believe the crap that goes on here. We were #1 in Meth lab busts until last year, that record lasted 10 years, since 2001, now Tennessee is #1 and we're #2. Darn, huh. lol

theAPAOps5
03-15-2012, 10:14 PM
I come to Springfield every couple of months. To me, It is a town in transition. Some cool spots down by stadium. Then some not so hot areas, like most towns really. Trust me been to much worse.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 10:16 PM
I come to Springfield every couple of months. It is a town in transition. Some cool spots down by stadium. Then some not so hot areas, like most towns really. Trust me been to much worse.

Lol, dude, go 5 miles east of Springfield and you will see stills, banjos, toothless freaks. Like Deliverance. Deliverance shoulda been filmed in Missouri.

Get away from the tourist stuff and you will see white trash at its finest. I was in the Corps, been all over the country, and I can tell you with confidence that Missouri is one of the worst places to live in this country. Period. Right up there with Mississippi, and W Virginia.

Pony Boy
03-15-2012, 10:18 PM

I've played it but I still like Branson Creek across the road better, I can get on Branson Creek for 50 bucks during the week.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I know, dumb thread, but it's my first. I want us to get Payaton, just don't wanna see him go down mid season if we get him.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Lol, dude, go 5 miles east of Springfield and you will see stills, banjos, toothless freaks. Like Deliverance. Deliverance shoulda been filmed in Missouri.

Get away from the tourist stuff and you will see white trash at its finest. I was in the Corps, been all over the country, and I can tell you with confidence that Missouri is one of the worst places to live in this country. Period. Right up there with Mississippi, and W Virginia.

I know seen those folks too. Was trying to be complimentary. I don't go to visit go to work. Just played golf when I was there once.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2012, 10:29 PM
I've played it but I still like Branson Creek across the road better, I can get on Branson Creek for 50 bucks during the week.

Yes I heard about that one. Did they ake any hits in Tornado? May have been too far out from impact area though.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Yes I heard about that one. Did they ake any hits in Tornado? May have been too far out from impact area though.

No Branson got lucky. Got cousins who live in Ozark Mo, between Springfield and Branson, they just had trees blown down 'n stuff.

Pony Boy
03-15-2012, 10:44 PM

I don't think they had any damage but I haven't been over there since the tornado. I think Branson Creek is the best course in the area but the Payne Stewart course is rated higher but too expensive unless you find a package deal. The Ledgestone course is good but not in the same class with Branson Creek. Murder Rock is across the road and you can get a deal to play both on one trip. I'm about three hours from Branson so I usually try to play twice when I go over.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't think they had any damage but I haven't been over there since the tornado. I think Branson Creek is the best course in the area but the Payne Stewart course is rated higher but too expensive unless you find a package deal. The Ledgestone course is good also is but not in the same class with Branson Creek. Murder Rock is across the road and you can get a deal to play both on one trip. I'm about three hours from Branson so I usually try to play twice when I go over.

I lived 1/4 of a mile from the Payne Stewart Golf Course. lol. Nice course.

Pony Boy
03-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I lived 1/4 of a mile from the Payne Stewart Golf Course. lol. Nice course.

Beautiful course but hard to get on for under 100 bucks, I won't pay that much.

ORANGEJARHEAD
03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Beautiful course but hard to get on for under 100 bucks, I won't pay that much.

I got bros that used to sneak me on there. lol. Loved it 'cuz it was close.

Turd_Ferguson
03-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Nobody knows because Elway decided that doing due diligence and getting a physical and watching Peyton throw wasn't necessary.

Hmmm after Elway flew to NC with a doctor and several coaches in tow and watched Manning work out and take a physical do you feel silly??

bronco610
03-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Hmmm after Elway flew to NC with a doctor and several coaches in tow and watched Manning work out and take a physical do you feel silly??

Joined 2012 39 posts, Tebonite.

ZONA
03-17-2012, 01:25 AM

I was a little perplexed at the language John used after watching the workout. Saying Manning looked "comfortable out there". Not sure if it was John being a little reserved but "looked comfortable" doesn't sound like he's overly thrilled.