PDA

View Full Version : Hutchinson

MABroncoFan
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Steve Hutchinson to Titans ... Manning next?

BroncoDoug
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
sure seems like it

barryr
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
The Titans only sign Hutchinson to get Manning? I was told by a fellow poster that guards don't matter that much.

Bronco Rob
03-15-2012, 03:32 PM
It's the the beginning of the end i'm afraid.....

TheReverend
03-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank God you posted this new news. I had no idea. Repped.

enjolras
03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't think signing a guard is going to influence Manning at all. The pessimism around here is crazy.

Swedish Extrovert
03-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Especially Hutchinson. Old fart.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Do you honestly think a 34 year old deteriorating guard will be the difference? If this was the case, dont you think Denver would have been in on it?

Also, if you're egotistical, are you going to show your hand?

Of course not. This might be Adams's way of sweetening the deal, but its not a precursor to ****.

OBF1
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
WOW... good thing no one used the proper threads.

TheReverend
03-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Do you honestly think a 34 year old deteriorating guard will be the difference? If this was the case, dont you think Denver would have been in on it?

Also, if you're egotistical, are you going to show your hand?

Of course not. This might be Adams's way of sweetening the deal, but its not a precursor to ****.

Well... he's a 7 time All-Pro and only 2 years removed from his last one. So ignoring the fact that he's still one of the better Guards in the NFL, he's also a close personal friend of Peyton.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Well... he's a 7 time All-Pro and only 2 years removed from his last one. So ignoring the fact that he's still one of the better Guards in the NFL, he's also a close personal friend of Peyton.

My friends a hardcore vikings fan/fairly knowlegable football guy and says he's turning to ****. Again, if this were some sort of deal sealer, denver woulda been in on it. Its a shot in the dark for tenn, its a deal sweetener, but its not some sign that anything is done. If it was, you wouldnt have heard about it yet.

So, will it help? Perhaps. Is it the sign of a done deal? Sincerely doubt it

orangeatheist
03-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Maybe it's a desperation move? I heard Titans were going to focus on D in FA and draft until Bud stuck his sagging azz into the picture and put everybody's job on the line to lure Manning. Perhaps the Titans brass knew Peyton was slipping through their hands and they ran and got Hutch to try and "sweeten" the deal...?

I dunno...pass me my obligatory tinfoil hat, please.

bombay
03-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Who?

extralife
03-15-2012, 04:00 PM
there's gotta be like a waterboy or a ball washer or or a towel dryer somewhere that manning is fond of, right?

orangeatheist
03-15-2012, 04:01 PM
there's gotta be like a waterboy or a ball washer or or a towel dryer somewhere that manning is fond of, right?

I'm sure the Titans pulled out as many ball washers for Manning as he could handle during his visit. Was bound to be fond of at least one of 'em.

TheReverend
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM
My friends a hardcore vikings fan/fairly knowlegable football guy and says he's turning to ****. Again, if this were some sort of deal sealer, denver woulda been in on it. Its a shot in the dark for tenn, its a deal sweetener, but its not some sign that anything is done. If it was, you wouldnt have heard about it yet.

So, will it help? Perhaps. Is it the sign of a done deal? Sincerely doubt it

LOL

Good post man. Even better timing.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-15-2012, 04:15 PM
LOL

Good post man. Even better timing.

Regardless, does not mean i was wrong. I'll admit i was wrong when they say "ya know, y'all shoulda saw it coming when Hutch signed"

TheReverend
03-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Regardless, does not mean i was wrong. I'll admit i was wrong when they say "ya know, y'all shoulda saw it coming when Hutch signed"

Oh come on. You have to see how the irony if you re-read that post and then literally seconds later Breed, LaConfora and everyone is saying they're finishing Titans contracts now lol

SonOfLe-loLang
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh come on. You have to see how the irony if you re-read that post and then literally seconds later Breed, LaConfora and everyone is saying they're finishing Titans contracts now lol

haha oh i agree it looks horrible, but i still dont think one is a precursor to the other. I think it was a deal sweetener.