PDA

View Full Version : OT - Nuggets trade Nene

montrose
03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
3 Team Deal

Denver gets JaVale McGee & Rony Turiaf
Washington gets Nene
Clippers gets Nick Young

The move clears over a bunch of cap space for Denver, possibly to sign Wilson Chandler. Also, McGee is a RFA next year so the payroll is open for the remaining 3 years of the deal Nene signed out of the lockout.

bfoflcommish
03-15-2012, 01:01 PM
they never should have resigned nene to begin with. too soft, always hurt. love this move Turiaf will play harder than Nene ever has, and also.......MANIMAL TIME

crowebomber
03-15-2012, 01:01 PM
3 Team Deal

Washington gets Nene
Clippers gets Nick Young

The move clears over $10 million in cap space for Denver, possibly to sign Wilson Chandler. Also, McGee is a RFA next year so the payroll is open for the remaining 3 years of the deal Nene signed out of the lockout.

Don't really like what we got in return, but Nene looked slow out there and not very aggressive. Timofey plays with some passion and is improving while Nene's skills are heading downhill.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
**** yes!

i can't believe they re-signed him to that ridiculous contract in the first place. he is the softest big man in the league.

now they get to keep Faried on the floor, and that is great because he is already more of an energy guy than Nene ever was, and matches his production as a rookie. kid is raw, but once he gets more experience he could be a beast in the NBA.

bfoflcommish
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Don't really like what we got in return, but Nene looked slow out there and not very aggressive. Timofey plays with some passion and is improving while Nene's skills are heading downhill.

I would have took a hotdog and beer for Nene. 70mil sitting on bench, and when he is in never fighting for a rebound. softest big man ever.

rideco
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
3 Team Deal

Washington gets Nene
Clippers gets Nick Young

The move clears over $10 million in cap space for Denver, possibly to sign Wilson Chandler. Also, McGee is a RFA next year so the payroll is open for the remaining 3 years of the deal Nene signed out of the lockout.

Hmmm. I love Nene but he was by far the most frustrating nugget on the roster. If he would only have shown up more and played "Big" all of the time he would have been a great player. Instead we got flashes here and there of what could be and have been strung along for years. Kennith Faried has been playing GREAT in the last few weeks so I dont see losing Nene as a really bad move. Hell we could have lost him to FA this past summer so at least we are getting something for him. I dont know much about the two guys we got but time will tell.
rideco

crowebomber
03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Man Wikipedia is fast. I didn't realize McGee is averaging 10 points and 8 boards per. Plus he's young.

montrose
03-15-2012, 01:05 PM
love this move Turiaf will play harder than Nene ever has, and also.......MANIMAL TIME

They may waive Turiaf, just wanted the expiring contract. Trying to resign Chandler and they'll have to extend Lawson. They control McGee's rights next year so they can see if they want to keep him around or not - my guess is they just might.

montrose
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Chandler's imposed deadline for this year is Friday. He's in Denver all week trying to get a deal done. If they do (and waive Turiaf as I'd expect), you'd be looking at:

C: McGee, Mozgov, Andersen
PF: Faried, Harrington, Koufos
SF: Gallinari, Chandler, Brewer
SG: Afflalo, Fernandez, Hamilton
PG: Lawson, Miller, Stone

HILife
03-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Man Wikipedia is fast. I didn't realize McGee is averaging 10 points and 8 boards per. Plus he's young.

McGee been pretty good in DC. Seen a few games at Verzion Center and he's pretty good.

bfoflcommish
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Chandler's imposed deadline for this year is Friday. He's in Denver all week trying to get a deal done. If they do (and waive Turiaf as I'd expect), you'd be looking at:

i like the look of that. Just hesitant with chandler because he has nver seemed to really want to be here. future melo problems?

bombay
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm actually shocked by this. McGee is a talented big man, but a knucklehead. I kind of thought George had had it with guys like that. I'm one of the few, but I'll miss Nene.

Chris
03-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Good to get something for Nene now.

strafen
03-15-2012, 01:18 PM
In before Nene gets thrown under the bus and called names.
Oh, wait!

Kid A
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Heard rumors Peyton wasn't a Nene fan. Could this mean?...

Killericon
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GkKJvqMTbrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
03-15-2012, 01:21 PM
they never should have regigfned nene to begin with. too soft, always hurt. love this move Turiaf will play harder than Nene ever has, and also.......MANIMAL TIME

All of this.

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2012, 01:29 PM
This is more a sign of Kenneth Faried's progress than Nene sucking.

BroncoLifer
03-15-2012, 01:32 PM

With the exception of Miller, I like that roster. People bag (correctly) on Nene for being slow but Andre is 2x slower for his position.

Binkythefrog
03-15-2012, 01:33 PM
McGee is crazy athletic... he can do some things that are absolutely crazy.

But he is a total head case:

http://deadspin.com/5887925/the-best-and-very-very-worst-of-javale-mcgee-a-video-tribute

Hopefully a scenery change will help him!

edog24
03-15-2012, 01:33 PM
I like this, Nene has never played very hard, he always seemed lazy to me.

bfoflcommish
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
I def wont miss the "big guy" getting out rebounded every game. Nene is half way down court sometimes when the rebound is barely off rim.

yerner
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
McGee is super talented. Just immature. He'll be good for the nuggets.

bombay
03-15-2012, 01:37 PM
McGee is huge, and very talented. Also a knucklehead. I thought George was done with guys like that. Doesn't seem to be a malicious knucklehead, just a thoughtless one.

Too bad Nene has always been too timid for his Darrell Dawkins body. Maybe the Knicks could make a move for him. Nuggets East.

extralife
03-15-2012, 02:06 PM
So we signed the guy in the offseason to a deal only to move him two months later when we're in the middle of winning games. and in return we got a head case moron who runs the wrong direction and who possesses no offensive game, and a scrub.

I mean I get that we did this because we're cheap and because Faried has been been exactly what he was supposed to be, but this is dumb. Our best post player is now no one, because we no longer employ anyone with a post game. Maybe andre miller amirite.

bfoflcommish
03-15-2012, 02:08 PM
So we signed the guy in the offseason to a deal only to move him two months later when we're in the middle of winning games. and in return we got a head case moron who runs the wrong direction and who possesses no offensive game, and a scrub.

I mean I get that we did this because we're cheap and because Faried has been been exactly what he was supposed to be, but this is dumb. Our best post player is now no one, because we no longer employ anyone with a post game. Maybe andre miller amirite.

well Nene hasnt exactly been part of the winning games, unless he's that good of a bench cheerleader. They were stupid to resign to that contract and now they need to be thankful they found someone a tad more stupid to accept the contract.

Cmac821
03-15-2012, 02:12 PM
McGee is ridiculously athletic, I like this trade. We have good production from our big men without nene but it's nice to not eat his contract.

Lestat
03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
if Karl can remove some of the "idiot" tendencies of McGee then it would be a huge pick up for the Nuggs.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Nene should have been the next Karl Malone... unfortunately he seemed to stop progressing.

Jerry Curl
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
McGee pretty much has a spot reserved every week in the not top 10

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Knee-Knee is a pussy. We might have an NBAC if he wasn't such a glorious pussy, but no.

bfoflcommish
03-15-2012, 03:10 PM

well in Nene's defense you have to be playing to be nominated

Lestat
03-15-2012, 03:16 PM
the Wizards team as a whole is about the dumbest basketball IQ wise that i've ever seen.
they make poor basketball decisions, constantly out of position and try And1 mix tape moves instead of playing good fundamental basketball.

he's a flava clown for sure but he wasn't alone. normally you see 2-3 plays on a team that do stupid things on a consistent basis, but in DC it was and is the whole damn team.

dsmoot
03-15-2012, 04:45 PM

I don't think his skills are going downhill. I don't think he had the skills everyone thought he had game in and game out. He was a tease like JR Smith. You never knew which guy would show up. I could not believe Denver signed him to the contract he did. Kind of reminded me of the big guy for the Jazz that Karl Malone went nuts over when he got the big undeserved contract. Though he was a little better than him.

TonyR
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Simmons on McGee in his NBA Trade Value column last week:

JaVale McGee: My wife rescued a sweet (and historically ugly) dog named Olivia who always slinks around our house like she did something wrong. If you say her name in a mean way, she'll immediately collapse to the ground in a puddle. There's just too much residual damage from her pre-rescue days. I feel like we're getting close to that point with JaVale: He's been stuck on a rudderless lottery team for years, with damaging results a shame because the league isn't exactly overflowing with big guys who protect the rim. JaVale could have easily been "The Rich Man's DeAndre Jordan" on the right team. Instead, he's destined to be "The Underappreciated Leaper With Raw Tools Who Can't Help Doing Two Supernaturally Dumb Things Per Month and Has Been a Godsend for Sports Blogs." Too bad.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7664492/nba-trade-value-part-1

montrose
03-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Masai confirmed tonight Turiaf will be waived to make room for Chandler. They are VERY high on McGee and believe he'll mature in this environment.