PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams to Bills

maher_tyler
03-15-2012, 10:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7690355/buffalo-bills-agree-deal-mario-williams

And PM will be signing with Tennessee and our FO gets the shaft...

Old Dude
03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
No indication that Denver ever considered going after Williams anyway.

It does put more pressure on the Titans to sign Manning, but they've already done everything humanly possible to get him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
I was pretty sure manning would sign with the titans but after a total lack of effort put forth by this FO for free agents at a time when their cap space is so low leads me to believe they know something we don't. Or they just chose the cheap route once again after learning they lost manning to a lunatic.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Big name free agents rarely if EVER make a big impact. I am not too concerned. The way to make this team better is through the draft. which takes years to do to become a contending machine.

Broncos4Life
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Big name free agents rarely if EVER make a big impact. I am not too concerned. The way to make this team better is through the draft. which takes years to do to become a contending machine.

This.

baja
03-15-2012, 12:36 PM
I say bring back Darius Watts

ol#7
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Big name free agents rarely if EVER make a big impact. I am not to concerned. The way to make this team better is through the draft. which takes years to do to become a contending machine.

Reggie White made GB what they are today
Neil Smith helped put us over the top
Brett Favre got the Vikes a step away from the SB
Jerry Rice helped make Oakland a title contender
Drew Brees New Orleans SB Champs
Shannon Sharpe both in going to the Ravens winning a SB and in coming back

Plenty of cases where big name FA's made a huge impact. Super Mario is a tremendous player and the Bills are trying to make a culture change. Amazing that they pullede it off.

Agamemnon
03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
So if we don't sign Manning or Williams I guess we are back to sitting on a ton of cap space with little talent on the roster. Nothing new there.

Agamemnon
03-15-2012, 06:04 PM
I was pretty sure manning would sign with the titans but after a total lack of effort put forth by this FO for free agents at a time when their cap space is so low leads me to believe they know something we don't. Or they just chose the cheap route once again after learning they lost manning to a lunatic.

A lack of big name free agents is one thing, but we've signed nobody of note so far and there doesn't seem to be much hope on the horizon. And it looks like Bunkley's walking for ****'s sake. I hate how this team is run so much.

SoCalBronco
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm satisfied with the progress Ayers made this year. We can bring in some more quality DE depth, but no need to make a huge investment in another DE, it oversaturates the position. I'm glad we didn't sink it all into MW. Same thing with the Manning money, use it on multiple good players, don't put it all on one basket.

Doggcow
03-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I would have loved Williams for 6years 96mil.

If we can spend on a bunch of solid players then I'll be happy.

Bronco Rob
04-02-2012, 06:26 AM
Stat of the Week

Why the Buffalo Bills are excited, now that Mario Williams is on the team:

New season tickets sold in the first two days after Mario Williams signed this month: 1,600.

New season tickets sold in the first seven days after Drew Bledsoe was acquired in 2002: 1,273.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/index.html#ixzz1qsx5MtNX

Kaylore
04-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Ah memories of Frankenbledsoe.

DBroncos4life
04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
I wonder who is the odd man out Aaron Schobel or Chris Kelsay because of Williams?

bendog
04-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Stat of the Week

Why the Buffalo Bills are excited, now that Mario Williams is on the team:

New season tickets sold in the first two days after Mario Williams signed this month: 1,600.

New season tickets sold in the first seven days after Drew Bledsoe was acquired in 2002: 1,273.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/index.html#ixzz1qsx5MtNX

From the link.
The Super Bowl is in New Orleans this season. Remember the booing Goodell got at the NFL Draft last year? That could sound charitable compared to the reception he could hear in New Orleans during Super Bowl week.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/index.html#ixzz1qtZuNl8j

I cannot wait.