PDA

View Full Version : Denver or Tennessee...

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55356/manning-rocky-top-over-rocky-mountains

If you do get Manning - you'll be screwed do to cap room... :)

Kaylore
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Due to, not do to.

Raider fans. ::)

Archer81
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Wow. Another Manning inspired thread. In no way is that old or overkill.

:Broncos:

gyldenlove
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, we only have 50 million in cap space and Manning will clearly need all that ... is there a mercury problem with the water in your area?

Butterscotch Stallion
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
an aging injured qb with past glory is available....I bet you wish you had a few more first round dr aft picks right about now....

Bronco Rob
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Adam Schefter

When free agency started today, Raiders had a league-low $639.966 worth of salary-cap space

LOL

SportinOne
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Personally, i'm glad that we aren't going after guys like Mario Williams or dude from Tennessee that was vastly overpaid. We are going after the guys you would think we would go after. As far as I'm concerned it's a pretty weak free agent class. The draft is where teams build teams.

DENVERDUI55
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55356/manning-rocky-top-over-rocky-mountains

Your math skills aren't very good are they.

Chris
03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Yu wall b skuud do to capoom

LRtagger
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
lol a Raider fan commenting on cap space ROFL

R8R H8R
03-15-2012, 09:37 AM
At least we will still have our draft choices left to use. Who are you going to take in the 5th round this year? :wave:

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Personally, i'm glad that we aren't going after guys like Mario Williams or dude from Tennessee that was vastly overpaid.

Is this a joke? Manning is going to arguably be overpaid more than any other FA.

We are going after the guys you would think we would go after.

Who have we "gone after" other than Manning?

55CrushEm
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Meriweather.

:giggle:

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
This message is hidden because DontBeMessin is an illiterate raiduuuuuuur troll.

Derp.

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Adam Schefter

When free agency started today, Raiders had a league-low $639.966 worth of salary-cap space

LOL

When was that? Two weeks ago? Have you Google'd lately?

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 09:58 AM
The article states you have 36m and haven't done crap with it... Now, you are going to drop probably more than HALF on an old banged up QB... and do what with the rest?

jhns
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
The article states you have 36m and haven't done crap with it... Now, you are going to drop probably more than HALF on an old banged up QB... and do what with the rest?

So by "screwed", you meant "too much cap room"?

raider fan fail...

SureShot
03-15-2012, 10:01 AM

Spend it on AFC West Champ banners?

SportinOne
03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Is this a joke? Manning is going to arguably be overpaid more than any other FA.

The whole point of the thread is that Manning is keeping us from other free agents.. i'm simply saying that, Manning or no manning, i'm glad that we did not sign anyone that has already been signed, especially for the money some of these guys are getting. I guess i'm saying that if the front office is smart, Manning probably isn't keeping them from anyone.

As far as people we are "going after," did we not attempt to meet with Solai, Adams, and Tolbert? I'd say those are pretty smart moves and i highly doubt that Manning has had anything to do with us being unable to sign either of them so far.

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
The whole point of the thread is that Manning is keeping us from other free agents.. i'm simply saying that, Manning or no manning, i'm glad that we did not sign anyone that has already been signed, especially for the money some of these guys are getting. I guess i'm saying that if the front office is smart, Manning probably isn't keeping them from anyone.

As far as people we are "going after," did we not attempt to meet with Solai, Adams, and Tolbert? I'd say those are pretty smart moves and i highly doubt that Manning has had anything to do with us being unable to sign either of them so far.

EXACTLY!!!

Sheesh... was it that hard to understand? And if you "do" get manning - that's basically it for top players that are out there. Who are you going to get to "protect" Manning? He's not used to getting sacked over 30 times a game!!!

Are Denver players willing to restructure?

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 10:16 AM
This message is hidden because DontBeMessin is an illiterate raiduuuuuuur troll.

Derp.

Why is it that 80% of people who post on this site act like they ride a short bus?

ScottXray
03-15-2012, 10:18 AM

The point is that they haven't really gone after any of those guys. If you really want to get a guy you don't schedule his visit AFTER you wait a few days. You bring him in for a visit. You recruit him. The ONLY one they have done that for is Manning.

Bunkley is now important to sign just to maintain the same level of D-line play. They should be talking to him and trying to get him into the offices to sign. Maybe they are , but they sure aren't making any noise.

I agree that the first wave of signings got too much money , and you can lie in the weeds a bit. But there should be some players they are actually targetting, and talking to at a higher level than phone calls.

DENVERDUI55
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM

18 mil under is far from cap screwed. Keep reaching.

eddie mac
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
It's actually closer to $46m but who's ****ing counting.

Bronco Rob
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Just like the playoffs the Raiders will stay home for the NFL Draft!
Oakland traded this years first round pick Cincinnati for Palmer
The Second round pick to New England during 2011 draft.
The Third round pick was used on Terrelle Pryor.
The Fouth round pick to Washington for Jason Campbell.
The Seventh round pick to Seattle for Aaron Curry

;)

Bronco Rob
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Since 2002 The Oakland Raiders and The Cleveland Browns have the same EXACT number of wins 56

;)

Crushaholic
03-15-2012, 10:28 AM

And, the Raiders will be screwed "do to"...well...losing...ROFL!

Bronco Rob
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM
38 points and 299 rushing yards later...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hVcZ9xvuIrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the immortal words of Richard Seymour

""We knew exactly what they were going to do and we just didn't stop it," Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour said. "We knew exactly what was going to happen, and they ran exactly what we thought they were going to run and we didn't get the job done. That's the disappointing part."

Hilarious!

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2012, 11:12 AM
our cap room is 44 million

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
18 mil under is far from cap screwed. Keep reaching.

You might say that now... But, I know some of the folks on the roster already are going to want more money who are on your roster that your team wants to stay. Then you have free agency and the draft...

18 million isn't crap for a team rebuilding... Keep thinking...

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Just like the playoffs the Raiders will stay home for the NFL Draft!

One, Two, Three, Four, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten... That's how you count to ten?

Again... Why does it seem that 80% of the poster ride the short bus?

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
i thought we had more than 38million in cap room. i thought it was closer to 48million

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM

""We knew exactly what they were going to do and we just didn't stop it," Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour said. "We knew exactly what was going to happen, and they ran exactly what we thought they were going to run and we didn't get the job done. That's the disappointing part."[/FONT][/size]

Hilarious!

Have any video of the other game? How about last season? No...? Why not...

Hold on to your single win in the past two years and be proud... Ever see your team win the Superbowl kid?

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
i thought we had more than 38million in cap room. i thought it was closer to 48million

I am just going off of what the article stated...

Blueflame
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
What it means is that the Broncos have enough cap room to seriously pursue the one FA that they're really interested in. If we don't get the guy we want, then we probably won't spend much in free agency and will instead focus on our needs via the draft.

DontBeMessin
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
What it means is that the Broncos have enough cap room to seriously pursue the one FA that they're really interested in. If we don't get the guy we want, then we probably won't spend much in free agency and will instead focus on our needs via the draft.

What's up blueflame! How have you been?

Well, I think it's going to be one or the other... Something is going to have to be sacrificed if Peyton comes on board... Restructuring of contracts of already existing players.

Blueflame
03-15-2012, 01:24 PM
What's up blueflame! How have you been?

Well, I think it's going to be one or the other... Something is going to have to be sacrificed if Peyton comes on board... Restructuring of contracts of already existing players.

Doin' good, thanks... :wave:

Actually, we have the cap space available for Manning without having to do much sacrificing... many Broncos fans have been critical of Bowlen for not using up our cap space in recent seasons but it just may wind up paying off if that extra cap room gives us the edge in the "Manning sweepstakes". Wouldn't mind bringing Michael Bush in for a workout once Manning's made his decision.

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Doin' good, thanks... :wave:

Actually, we have the cap space available for Manning without having to do much sacrificing... many Broncos fans have been critical of Bowlen for not using up our cap space in recent seasons but it just may wind up paying off if that extra cap room gives us the edge in the "Manning sweepstakes". Wouldn't mind bringing Michael Bush in for a workout once Manning's made his decision.

Great. We get years of paper thin rosters and we're supposed to be happy for them to burn it all up on Manning so he can play with a paper thin roster.

FantomForce
03-15-2012, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Bronco Rob;3519091]Just like the playoffs the Raiders will stay home for the NFL Draft!

LMFAO!!!!!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

FantomForce
03-15-2012, 03:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hVcZ9xvuIrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the immortal words of Richard Seymour

""We knew exactly what they were going to do and we just didn't stop it," Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour said. "We knew exactly what was going to happen, and they ran exactly what we thought they were going to run and we didn't get the job done. That's the disappointing part."

Hilarious!

Best part of the video is the little Radiers' fans face at the end of the game
2nd best, goes to the empty beer cups being thrown at the field when McGahee scores his second touchdown
3rd best how empty the stands were when Champ gets his second pick

Bronco Rob
03-15-2012, 03:23 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals made the playoffs with a rookie 2nd round pick at quarterback in Andy Dalton. Stole the raiders draft picks AND their head coach Hue Jackson for a broke down has been Carson 16 interceptions in 10 games Palmer. How bad of an organization to you have to be to be played by Mike Brown?....

ROFL!

OBF1
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
This message is hidden because DontBeMessin is on your ignore list.

loborugger
03-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Why is it that 80% of people who post on this site act like I ride a short bus?

Because you post like you do.

Bacchus
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM

A Denver will also be putting up 35 points on your sorry ass team.

Flex Gunmetal
03-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Since 2002 The Oakland Raiders and The Cleveland Browns have the same EXACT number of wins 56

;)

http://i.imgur.com/Fhq43.gif