View Full Version : 3/14 Rate the Broncos Free Agency So Far

Ronnie Tsunami
03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
A
B
C
D
E

As far as I'm concerned, we get an average C. no moves so far.

Taco John
03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
lol!

Taco John
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I have to admit that this offseason is a ton more hilarious than the offseason where we hired Josh and lost Cutler. I grade this offseason an A+ so far in hilarity.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I

broncogary
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Where's the "F" option?

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
It is Downton Abby good but not Football good.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
A
B
C
D
E

As far as I'm concerned, we get an average C. no moves so far.

Yeah, ok. I'll give it a "C" too.

For CRAP!!!

Bah, all of the above....

A for awful
B for boring and bad
C for crap
D for depressing
F for failure

maher_tyler
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
No moves with holes every where...guess there ready to throw Tebow to the wolves once again. Hopefully he comes prepared! I wasn't thinking any huge name players but there are quality players to be had and play in positions we need filled.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
It all really hinges on Manning, so voting before he makes a decision is pointless.

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 05:32 PM
D. No moves but we haven't even managed to sign our own FAs,other than
Prater ( tagged).

This year is Waiting for Godot...a terribly boring event.

And Elway has managed to alienate Tebow and probably low balled Bunkley ( now a necessity to sign) .

Can still salvage something if Manning can make a decision soon, so not a complete fail yet. I have no doubt we will sign someone. LBS still are all out there.

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Gone strongly after a QB when we need DT, CB, MLB, OL...

KevinJames
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Gone strongly after a QB when we need DT, CB, MLB, OL...

We also need a QB

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
We also need a QB

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/hurr-derp-5.jpg

Old Dude
03-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Good news is that, at least as of this afternoon, we haven't overpaid anyone.

Ratboy
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
E for Erection (if we sign Manning)

Cool Breeze
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm getting a kick out of the meltdown here..
EFX said all along: 3rd tier (value) free agents and build through the draft.
Just sticking to the plan...

Bowlen has shown a willingness to spend when we're close. (superbowl)
I don't think we're close yet.

Peyton looks to be a pipe dream - which may turn out to be a good thing.
I would love to see it work though.

WolfpackGuy
03-14-2012, 05:57 PM
"Has no grade point average. All courses. Incomplete!"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6HkG3lYJJqM/TMwo5E99yfI/AAAAAAAACkk/Ory2wnwLcbE/s1600/deanwormer.gif

Just looks like they're going to do some Extreme Cheapskating when the dust settles.

errand
03-14-2012, 06:03 PM
When they inquired about Manning all we heard was bitching about going back in time to "shanny" over paying for FA's.....now when they don't dive head first into spending frenzy, people bitching about exercising caution or restraint.

God, some of you clowns won't ever be happy.

OBF1
03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
N/A

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
When they inquired about Manning all we heard was b****ing about going back in time to "shanny" over paying for FA's.....now when they don't dive head first into spending frenzy, people b****ing about exercising caution or restraint.

They're not showing restraint, they're sitting by the phone waitin fee Peyton like 14 yr old girls.

WolfpackGuy
03-14-2012, 06:07 PM
They're not showing restraint, they're sitting by the phone waitin fee Peyton like 14 yr old girls.

The phone won't ring though because Xanders is on hold with Domino's and Papa John's.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 06:10 PM
The phone won't ring though because Xanders is on hold with Domino's and Papa John's.

Order online!

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 06:21 PM
WHERE THE **** IS F!

Drek
03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
When they inquired about Manning all we heard was b****ing about going back in time to "shanny" over paying for FA's.....now when they don't dive head first into spending frenzy, people b****ing about exercising caution or restraint.

Yep. Because everyone complaining about them sitting on their thumbs also complained about them looking to throw big money at Manning.

Oh wait, nope. This is a discussion group full of different people with different opinions and those who didn't want to spend on Manning aren't generally the same people now bitching about our inability to sign anyone worth a **** in FA every single year.

The OM isn't some single entity of hive mind thought.

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM

I would love to see it work though.

Dude, they want to replace 16-18 of their own FA's, to me that means upgrades. So how exactly does 3rd tier FA's upgrade those 16-18 guys?

They only have 6 draft picks this year.

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM

See above.

Hamrob
03-14-2012, 07:05 PM

I would love to see it work though.Oh, you're one of those idiots?

Sure, Peyton Manning is a 3rd tier free agent. Yeah, let's sign one guy for $25m a year, when we could sign 5 studs for the money.

Here's the deal, we're not getting Manning, and we're not signing anyone worth a **** either.

This team will be 6-10 at best next year, and fools like you will continue to spout this crap.

Ask Von Miller what he'd like to see???

Bowlen = CHEAP!

Hamrob
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
See above.How about taking a approach somehwere in between selling the farm......and being the cheapest team in the NFL.

I think most Broncos Fans would be appreciative of that!

But, keep making excuses for the Broncos and their $50m of cap room. Wait until next year with Bowlen is forced to spend at least to the Cap floor.

uplink
03-14-2012, 07:10 PM
pizza delivery cools down right before the weekend rush, Xanders will be back on it Thursday.

orinjkrush
03-14-2012, 07:24 PM
efx went for the long bomb.

looks like 2012 gonna be a long long season. no manning. no tebow. no hillis. no royal. no wayne. no bunkley. no dawkins. no luck. (not Luck).

unless they got some super special secret plan (Gaff should know)

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 07:29 PM

Bowlen: Let it ring two times!
Elway: It's him! It's him!
Xanders: There's no caller ID.
Joe Ellis: Is my tie straight? I want to look my best.
Elway: Answer it! Answer it!
Xanders: Hello? What, you again? No, we can't talk about any of your guys until Peyton signs. What? No. Hey, do you know where he is? Yeah, Peyton, who the **** you think I'm asking about?
Ellis: And that was my lucky tie.
Bowlen: It's ringing again! Let it ring two times!

orinjkrush
03-14-2012, 07:40 PM
LOL hilarious

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
incomplete fool! How can you judge anything a few days into it? Broncos being smart seeing how the market plays out while flirting with Manning. Manning doesn't sign they use money to snatch up depth in FA and hit the draft. Outside of Carl Nicks and Mario Williams none of the big name FA really seem worth the effort. Better to look for more young players in the draft. If we don't snap Manning so be it. There will be WR, RB, Safety, Linebacker help available later in FA as teams cut vets. We probably won't get a great DT in FA because none are great to begin with.

Franklin who a lot of you wanted last yr back on the scrap heap this yr.

serious hops
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Dude, they want to replace 16-18 of their own FA's, to me that means upgrades. So how exactly does 3rd tier FA's upgrade those 16-18 guys?

They only have 6 draft picks this year.

Yea, but there's no limit on how many undrafted free agents you can sign. . .

LOL

Little joke there. I'm sure there are a number of Ty Warren type bargains they've got their eyes on. You can't go after those guys right away, though. Gotta let them get desperate if you really want the best price.

tsiguy96
03-14-2012, 08:03 PM
they havent resigned the only DT we had that was worth a damn, in fact havent re-signed ANYONE, much less anyone to replace the guys they lost. sure we will see a lot of 3rd and 4th tier signings soon, but get on it guys...

winstoncup bronco
03-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Depends. If the plan was to stand around with our thumbs up our asses waiting on Peyton Manning, while the really good FA's out there that could actually help us for more than 3 years get scooped up, I'd say we're doing an awesome job.

BroncoBen
03-15-2012, 09:57 AM
I think you need to add 'Incomplete'.. the Broncos set up a model to follow. Wait a few days and let the 'big' name free agents sign then come in and try and sign 2nd tier players who are 'cost' effective.

The only exception is Peyton Manning.

So for now the grade is 'Incomplete'.

DENVERDUI55
03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Where is the nonexistent option?

ant1999e
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM

Because we all have the same opinion...

Rohirrim
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I would have to vote "Incomplete." There's nothing to grade.

Pick Six
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
WHERE THE **** IS F!

At least, he knows his alphabet...:)

ClamChowdah
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
The teams who rush and overspend in the first two days of free agency never win, you should be glad you are being run properly.

Greatspirits
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
There wasting all there time on Manning while the rest of the best free agents are be signed. Definitely an F

Drek
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
So far its not looking real good. Let Soliai get away and he signed a pretty reasonable, short, deal. Merriweather is the only other target they have met with and he's not only a poor player he's also looking at other teams (i.e. have to bid for him).

You can talk about waiting out the market all you want but what happens when you wait out allthe good DTs for example? Then what if just like last year they don't like the "value" of DTs in the draft? We gointo 2012 with guys like McBean and Unrein as heavy minutes guys. Talk about scary.

Ronnie Tsunami
03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Bump to compare/contrast with the updated thread

bendog
03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Signing a qb with four neck surgeries. Elway is destroying this team.

bendog
03-23-2012, 08:44 AM
At least, he knows his alphabet...:)

It's worst than an F ... the way he disrespected Tim and all he did for this franchise and city .... world.

crush17
03-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Do you people actually believe the worthless drivel that spews fourth from your idiot pie holes???