PDA

View Full Version : Bud Adams Offers Manning "Dream Job" (Update: Life Contract Offered) Has Governor of Tennessee Call

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Apparently he has now been formally offered a Front Office position similar to Elway's once he retires should be sign with the Titans.

Personally I think offering **** like this shouldn't be legal when signing a FA, but hey, he's Butt ****ing Adams right?

We CAN'T match that. It's already Elway's gig.

That's basically guaranteed money after his career is over. It's a potential dream job. Where he went to college. Where his wife grew up. They're throwing enough **** at him that he flew to Tennessee personally after the meeting WAS going to be them flying out to see Manning. That's a sign.

Bud Adams has nothing to lose. He's worth hundreds of millions. He's 89 years old and knows the end is sooner than later.

I see no ****ing way in hell that he isn't a Titan now.

Manning is going to do what's best for him. Put yourself in his shoes.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm overly negative...I just can't see it.

Gives the FO an excuse to not spend a dime on FA this year too if Manning doesn't come.

No Manning? OOPS we missed on all the quality FA's! Time to build through the draft like we said all along...riiight?

UPDATE: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827990cf/article/peyton-mannings-meeting-with-titans-lasts-nearly-seven-hours?module=HP11_headline_stack

Titans positioned it so that all the fans could line up and cheer for him when he left the facility.

Pulling all the stops.

UPDATE #2: Bud Adams had the Governor of Tennessee implore Manning to sign with the Titans. For a crazy **** who lives in Houston, he sure knows something about appreciating the great state of Tennessee. Hopefully all these begging **** turns Manning off.

Dedhed
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Let's get Mario Williams.

Dukes
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Link?

Taco John
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Manning could get the "Dream Job" anywhere he wanted to once he retired. He's Peyton Manning. It's like offering MacGruder free crazy pills when he's done with his ban. He's already got them.

Carmelo15
Let's get Mario Williams.

This.

chickennob2
Yeah... I don't see how this doesn't translate to offering illegal benefits outside of the CBA. Especially when they talked about a slice of ownership.

WolfpackGuy
If Manning thinks he's getting a spare key to Bowlen's liquor cabinet, he has another thing coming.

DBroncos4life
Well Manning got lucky I guess. I mean he was really going to struggle to find work after he retires from this 4 year 90 million dollar contract.

UberBroncoMan
Link?

@lionelbienvenu

Heard a few days ago that Bud Adams would offer Peyton a front office position after he retires...apparently that is being offered right now

Ronnie Tsunami
03-14-2012, 04:15 PM
He's a goner. That really is a dream job. ****ing bud adams.

Rohirrim
So Bud Adams is telling Payton, "Yeah, in two or three years, when you retire, I'll fire this dumbass GM sitting here at the table with us and give you his job. I'm sure I'll still be alive."

And the GM turns to Payton and says, "Welcome to the franchise, bro."

Meck77
I'm with you Dedhed. I've had enough of this manning stuff. I say let the titans have the melon head for $100,000,000, keys to the city, GM job, stack of gold, Bud's virgin granddaughter or whatever they want to give the old banged up QB with a gimp neck.

Let's add some FAs and roll with Tebow....

houghtam
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah... I don't see how this doesn't translate to offering illegal benefits outside of the CBA. Especially when they talked about a slice of ownership.

Well, they could both tell the league "prove it", and then when the league wouldn't be able to, that's how it wouldn't translate to offering illegal benefits outside the CBA.

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM

Bud Adams is a deranged 89 year old. He doesn't give a ****. He's the current Al Davis of the NFL.

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Hey coach you draft the player I want I don't care if you are my coach and the scouts think he isn't as good I want him.

Hey you guys go after this FA or you are all fired.

Just some of the fun he will be dealing with at his new dream job.

Broncos4tw
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't think Denver is out of it by a long shot. There is only one reason Peyton wants to continue to play - he wants to win a SB. Badly. I personally think he will play for the team that he feels gives him the best chance to do that. You think he needs a job after the NFL? Not really. His net worth is around 142 million. Do you honestly think another 2 or even 4 million will steal him, if he thinks he can get a SB in Denver? I don't. And I don't think his wife or anyone else being from / liking / wanting him in Ten will make much of a difference.

He didn't go through his surgeries and conditioning and through all this work trying to find a team.. just because he can land a front office job later. Who cares? He wants a SB - that is the first and last commandment imo, in his agenda. Who will get him this. I think he has a better shot in Denver.

Jay3
03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I think Peyton could have that job with the Colts if he wanted it.

Chris
Good. It's better for us this way. Would dig a Mario Williams signing though.

pricejj
So Bud Adams is telling Payton, "Yeah, in two or three years, when you retire, I'll fire this dumbass GM sitting here at the table with us and give you his job. I'm sure I'll still be alive."

And the GM turns to Payton and says, "Welcome to the franchise, bro."

Didn't have to fire Xanders to hire Elway.

Bronco Boy
03-14-2012, 04:21 PM
He could just be a pregame guy on TV and not have to deal with the stress of a real job. THAT sounds like a dream job to me.

yerner
03-14-2012, 04:21 PM
How is this legal? ****ing bull****.

baja
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Apparently he has now been formally offered a Front Office position similar to Elway's once he retires should be sign with the Titans.

Personally I think offering **** like this shouldn't be legal when signing a FA, but hey, he's Butt ****ing Adams right?

That's basically guaranteed money after his career is over. It's a potential dream job. Where he went to college. Where his wife grew up. They're throwing enough **** at him that he flew to Tennessee personally after the meeting WAS going to be them flying out to see Manning. That's a sign.

Bud Adams has nothing to lose. He's worth hundreds of millions. He's 89 years old and knows the end is sooner than later.

Gives the FO an excuse to not spend a dime on FA this year too if Manning doesn't come.

No Manning? OOPS we missed on all the quality FA's! Time to build through the draft like we said all along...riiight?

That should bring harmony and contentment to the current FO.

orangeatheist
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
How do we know Manning isn't sitting there, listening to the sales pitch, looking over the facilities, saying all the right things, nodding in all the right places, but has already made up his mind to come to Denver and is just playing the class act by making it look like he's giving the Titans "a shot"? I mean, what would we think if he just turned his back on them after all this lavish attention and showering of offers? He's at least got to give them the courtesy of a listen, right?

The fact is, no one knows what's going to make Manning's decision or if he hasn't already made it yet. If we can see through an old man's con game, can't he? Manning knows full well that when he leaves football he could go to the Titans and apply for the GM job and he'd have it offered to him whether or not he ever plays for the team. I'm not convinced that is going to be a factor. He's just going to weigh all his immediate and near-future professional football options and make a decision. Denver has a lot to offer and he'd be foolish not be seriously considering coming here. We've given it a shot, let's try to relax and see how this plays out.

Rolandftw
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
I know we can do both, but I'd be okay building the right way--through the draft. Signing Manning is only going to push us to waste a lot of money in free agency.

With that said, would be thrilled to have Manning if we could get him.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM

Memo: Not meant to be taken seriously. :oyvey:

Taco John
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, they could both tell the league "prove it", and then when the league wouldn't be able to, that's how it wouldn't translate to offering illegal benefits outside the CBA.

That kind of thing doesn't stay quiet for long. Adams if offering Peyton the job of people sitting in the same room with him in negotiation. And why would he want to take it? Bud Adams cancelled the free agency plans of their organization because he HAD to have Manning. While on the surface, this sounds attractive, I have a hard time believing this is the death pin for us. Manning can get a job anywhere in the league when and if he wants to be an executive. Why would he want to lock himself into Tennessee right now?

spdirty
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
This Peyton Manning **** is really wearing me out.

BroncoBeavis
How is this legal? ****ing bull****.

Bowlen offered Elway a 10% stake in the Broncos shortly after Elway retired. Could've totally been a back room handshake deal for Elway taking only $360k in 1998. Or for some other arrangement.

There's no way to know.

SonOfLe-loLang
Chances Bud Adams is alive to see the end of Manning's career?

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Irregardless of the Front office job...Bowlen will be hard pressed to match
his financial offer, and Tennessee also has designs on improving their team
otherwise. Other than Receivers they match or exceed our talent level across the board , and they are taking steps to sign the FA that will fill their
weaknesses. Also it IS his wifes home, where he played college ball, and there are a ton of Fans of HIS there already. No fans that will hate his guts for making Tebow disappear to another team, or for ruining playoff runs by the local team.

If I were PM I would not have to think twice.....Done Deal!

Maybe Elway can start thinking about making the Broncos better with OTHER excellent FA's now.

and if he doesn't ...Oh well ...what's changed?

Taco John
03-14-2012, 04:27 PM

Different organizations have different structures. In KC the GM is the main decision maker. In Denver, the GM is the coordinator of general management operations such as scouting, contracts, and general operations, and the VP of Football Operations is the main decision maker.

Chris
03-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Peyton Manning is reading the mane to make his decision.

There. I said it. Got a source.

I know the guy that runs the power station that runs the light rail.

JCMElway
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't think Denver is out of it by a long shot. There is only one reason Peyton wants to continue to play - he wants to win a SB. Badly. I personally think he will play for the team that he feels gives him the best chance to do that. You think he needs a job after the NFL? Not really. His net worth is around 142 million. Do you honestly think another 2 or even 4 million will steal him, if he thinks he can get a SB in Denver? I don't. And I don't think his wife or anyone else being from / liking / wanting him in Ten will make much of a difference.

He didn't go through his surgeries and conditioning and through all this work trying to find a team.. just because he can land a front office job later. Who cares? He wants a SB - that is the first and last commandment imo, in his agenda. Who will get him this. I think he has a better shot in Denver.

QFT. Well said.

pricejj
Different organizations have different structures. In KC the GM is the main decision maker. In Denver, the GM is the coordinator of general management operations such as scouting, contracts, and general operations, and the VP of Football Operations is the main decision maker.

Adam's can just make Manning "Executive VP of Football Operations", in charge of all football decisions, just like Elway. The GM would be like Xanders. He would have an opinion, input, and be in charge of the presentation of information, essentially coordinating all player-personnel activities to present to Manning.

Just like Elway, Manning can be as involved as he wants to be.

brother love
Maybe Adams had to get creative because he can't match Denver's money?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 04:33 PM

Xanders couldnt scout his way into getting a joining badge let alone evaluate college talent..

pricejj
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
QFT. Well said.

Manning obviously doesn't care that much about winning Superbowls or he wouldn't be breaking the bank of whatever team he goes to. Aaron Rodgers is only making $9M this year. There are only a couple teams with QB's over $12M per year.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe Adams had to get creative because he can't match Denver's money?

Quick. Get that on Twitter. Sounds plausible.

baja
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
This Peyton Manning **** is really wearing me out.

The three girls on the boat deck avatar is what is wearing me out.

Black96WS6
03-14-2012, 04:38 PM
A Nashville radio station is reporting Manning to Tennessee is a done deal.

Manning is supposedly still there.

Anyone know if this is true? Is he still out there?

Broncos4tw
03-14-2012, 04:40 PM

And a Denver station reported it was a 95% chance he'd be in Denver. And an Arizona station claimed it was a done deal.. unless they completely screwed up, he was going to be a Card.

Forgive me if I can't take any radio station very seriously.. like they would know before the NFL.

spdirty

blah blah blah bull****...they were saying that when he was here. He won't make a decision till tomorrow.

DBroncos4life

Nothing on NFL network or espn as of now.

Black96WS6
03-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I can't find anything verifying it.

This is the latest article I could find:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/210955/2/Peyton-Manning-meeting-with-Titans-in-Nashville-Tennessee

http://www.wbir.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/images/120314042100_PEYTON%20NASHVILLE.JPG

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 04:43 PM
And a Denver station reported it was a 95% chance he'd be in Denver. And an Arizona station claimed it was a done deal.. unless they completely screwed up, he was going to be a Card.

Forgive me if I can't take any radio station very seriously.. like they would know before the NFL.

ya....but all that happened BEFORE Bud Adams opened his dusty mouth.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Isn't Bud Adams pretty much announcing to Peyton: I screwed around with team on the Vince Young deal. I sometimes override my coaches and tell them who to put in the games. I'm screwing around with the FO on this deal. I just put a fourteen year offensive line coach with no head coaching experience in charge of the team, and I might screw around with the team, the lineup or the coaches, on any given day if I'm not happy.

Taco John
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Xanders couldnt scout his way into getting a joining badge let alone evaluate college talent..

I don't know about that. I think Xanders is a little underrated around here. He's got a very rich football background. He played college football and was a player personnel Analyst for the Falcons for 13 years. When you look at the shoulders the guy rubbed - Reeves, Phillips, Mora, Shanahan, Ron Hill, Bobby Beatherd, Rich McKay and others - he's not done so bad for himself.

I think most any of us would like the guy if we sat down with him and had a beer with him and listened to him talk about football. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't come across as sounding confident in his media interviews - he's not a great public speaker. I kind of feel for him because I had the same problem - I'm sure people could hear that early on in the podcasts last year.

In any case, I think last years draft shows that Xanders isn't as bad as people have had him out to be. I think there is something to the argument that Josh had his hands tied. Ever since he came to work for Mike Shanahan, our drafts had been better (Josh messed that up, but things seemed to get back on track last year).

DENVERDUI55
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm sure bud Adams isn't filthy rich from not being a good deal closer and a poor business man.

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Isn't Bud Adams pretty much announcing to Peyton: I screwed around with team on the Vince Young deal. I sometimes override my coaches and tell them who to put in the games. I'm screwing around with the FO on this deal. I just put a fourteen year offensive line coach with no head coaching experience in charge of the team, and I might screw around with the team, the lineup or the coaches, on any given day if I'm not happy.

That all Manning dreams about for his next job. He LONGS for someone to tell him off. He tried for 15 years for the Colts to do it and the folded like the French Army. Hence why he wouldn't rework his contract for them.

orangeatheist
03-14-2012, 04:46 PM

Seriously, I don't think this is lost on Peyton. The Titans weren't even in the discussion until Bud "opened his dusty mouth" (great phrase!) and that can't seem very attractive to a professional. The only reason I'm having this meeting, Peyton must have in the back of his mind, is because some crazy old coot demanded it of his staff.

Rohirrim

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/210955/2/Peyton-Manning-meeting-with-Titans-in-Nashville-Tennessee

http://www.wbir.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/images/120314042100_PEYTON%20NASHVILLE.JPG

Here's what disturbs me about this article:

The Titans also hosted another free agent with local ties, center Scott Wells.

Wells, who attended Brentwood Academy and the University of Tennessee, has been with the Green Bay Packers for the past seven seasons. He earned a Super Bowl ring in 2011 when the Packers defeated the Steelers.

On Tuesday the Titans hosted seven-time Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson, who was recently released by the Minnesota Vikings in a salary-cutting move.

They don't seem to be having issues with pursuing Manning while bringing in other players.

Black96WS6
http://news.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=263406

The owner has said he will do whatever it takes to sign Manning in his chase for a championship. He sees the quarterback as the missing piece.

The 89-year-old Adams is staying in Houston, and that's why Reinfeldt joined Webster and Munchak for this trip. Adams promoted Reinfeldt from general manager in January to senior executive vice president and COO to act as his point man with the team in Tennessee while he lives 650 miles away.

The Titans already have veteran Matt Hasselbeck with two years left on a deal signed last July, and drafted Jake Locker with the eighth pick overall in the 2011 draft.

The quarterback's suitors include Denver, Arizona and Miami. He reportedly visited with the Dolphins Monday night in Indianapolis.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't know about that. I think Xanders is a little underrated around here. He's got a very rich football background. He played college football and was a player personnel Analyst for the Falcons for 13 years. When you look at the shoulders the guy rubbed - Reeves, Phillips, Mora, Shanahan, Ron Hill, Bobby Beatherd, Rich McKay and others - he's not done so bad for himself.

I think most any of us would like the guy if we sat down with him and had a beer with him and listened to him talk about football. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't come across as sounding confident in his media interviews - he's not a great public speaker. I kind of feel for him because I had the same problem - I'm sure people could hear that early on in the podcasts last year.

In any case, I think last years draft shows that Xanders isn't as bad as people have had him out to be. I think there is something to the argument that Josh had his hands tied. Ever since he came to work for Mike Shanahan, our drafts had been better (Josh messed that up, but things seemed to get back on track last year).

i just cant get past the all decisions were McDaniels cop out....he had just as much to do moves like getting rid of a 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder...and if he had nothing to do with those moves it shows hes has no spine to stick up for himself...a quality that should never be in the FO..

rideco
03-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Well I guess the good news is Vincent Jackson is out of the division.
rideco

Old Dude
03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Chances Bud Adams is alive to see the end of Manning's career?

Less than 50/50 I'd say.

Black96WS6
03-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Peyton Manning Watch: http://kdvr.com/2012/03/14/peyton-manning-watch-manning-visits-tennessee/

http://localtvkdvr.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/manning-wide.jpg?w=660

DENVER – Wearing an orange sweater resembling the color of his Alma Mater, the University of Tennessee, free agent quarterback Peyton Manning visited Nashville Wednesday for a meeting with the Tennessee Titans.

Titans coach Mike Munchak, general manager Ruston Webster and CEO Mike Reinfeldt flew in a private jet to Raleigh-Durham where they picked up Manning and then returned to Nashville.

It’s the fourth team Manning has publicly met with over the past week as he considers where to play next season.

The four-time MVP and 11-time Pro Bowler has also visited with the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins.

Still, Manning has given no timetable for when he’ll make a decision. The NFL’s free agency period started Tuesday.

Former Pro Bowl safety John Lynch, who considers Manning a close friend, says he doesn’t fault the future Hall of Famer for taking his time.

“Looking for a new team…there’s so much that goes into it,” Lynch told FOX31 Denver. “He has kids. Where are they going to school? Where are (they) going to live? There’s so much that goes into it. He’s a smart guy. He’s going to make a good decision.”

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Here's what disturbs me about this article:

The Titans also hosted another free agent with local ties, center Scott Wells.

Wells, who attended Brentwood Academy and the University of Tennessee, has been with the Green Bay Packers for the past seven seasons. He earned a Super Bowl ring in 2011 when the Packers defeated the Steelers.

On Tuesday the Titans hosted seven-time Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson, who was recently released by the Minnesota Vikings in a salary-cutting move.

They don't seem to be having issues with pursuing Manning while bringing in other players.

could it be because they arent in talks with Condon yet? last i heard Condon was talking numbers with broncos...who are not bringing in high priced players, knowing how much they have to put on the table..

Taco John
03-14-2012, 04:52 PM
i just cant get past the all decisions were McDaniels cop out....he had just as much to do moves like getting rid of a 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder...and if he had nothing to do with those moves it shows hes has no spine to stick up for himself...a quality that should never be in the FO..

I was where you were at one point in time, but I ended up reconsidering when I remembered that the year before McDaniels drafted Tebow, he had Orton in the shotgun for long stretches - like 10 plays in a row at times. It wasn't until after he drafted Tebow that it was clear that he was building an offense for Tebow before he even had him on the team - this was all based on a meeting he and Belichick took to Florida to meet with Urban Meyer and scout Tebow and that offense. McDaniels had a particular offense in mind, and drafted to fit this offense. Might of worked out if he wasn't such a terrible leader.

McDaniels was awful, and I have a hard time blaming the people around him for how awful he was.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 04:52 PM

Scott Wells (C) from the Packers is also visiting Tennessee today. Steve Hutchinson visited Tennessee yesterday. Titans Offensive line allowed the 2nd fewest sacks in the NFL last year.

If the Broncos were smart, they would be concentrating on interior Offensive Line, as well. Yet, they do...nothing.

baja
03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
http://news.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=263406

Why the hell would any sane man live in Houston when they could anywhere.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
well said Taco John..

Black96WS6
03-14-2012, 04:56 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-14/2012-nfl-free-agency-miami-dolphins-paul-soliai-re-signs

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/4/89/1654230/83085-330-0.jpg

Miami Dolphins nose tackle Paul Soliai signed a two-year contract to remain with the team, canceling a visit to the Denver Broncos, according to Sporting News correspondent Ben Volin of the Palm Beach (Fla.) Post.

The deal reportedly will pay Soliai $6 million per season.

It also could mean the Dolphins are out of the hunt for quarterback Peyton Manning, Volin reported. Barring additional salary cap maneuvers, the team is tight on cap space.

bronco militia
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Peyton already has this job with colts when he retires

Jay3
03-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Scott Wells (C) from the Packers is also visiting Tennessee today. Steve Hutchinson visited Tennessee yesterday. Titans Offensive line allowed the 2nd fewest sacks in the NFL last year.

If the Broncos were smart, they would be concentrating on interior Offensive Line, as well. Yet, they do...nothing.

They don't want to accidentally bring in a bunch of talented free agents in case it's only Tebow next year. Because then, they can blame everything on Tebow.

Jesterhole
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Isn't it against the rules to even make this kind of offer. It's basically skirting the salary cap. They plan on giving Manning additional compensation in the future, and that isn't accounted for.

If Bud Adams really made that offer, the NFL should jump all over him.

Boobs McGee
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Manning could get the "Dream Job" anywhere he wanted to once he retired. He's Peyton Manning. It's like offering MacGruder free crazy pills when he's done with his ban. He's already got them.

don't **** with my emotions here taco. he's seriously banned? PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF JEEBUS TELL ME IT'S A YEAR BAN. If you're effing with my heartstrings right now I'm PROBABLY going to cry a little.

Taco John
03-14-2012, 05:24 PM
don't **** with my emotions here taco. he's seriously banned? PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF JEEBUS TELL ME IT'S A YEAR BAN. If you're effing with my heartstrings right now I'm PROBABLY going to cry a little.

10 days for a false headline. Enjoy the silence while you can.

bigbucks24
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
10 days for a false headline. Enjoy the silence while you can.

We need to start Occupy Orangemane. That ban is BS. Everyone needs to stand up to this. WE WON'T STAND FOR THIS!!!

Make it 30 days or this will get ugly.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM

Should have. But didn't.

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Well I guess the good news is Vincent Jackson is out of the division.
rideco

Are you related to mouth?

lonestar
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM

While I do not agree with your about DEN.. MAnnig does not need to do a thing after football..

has more money than God, hell instead of running a team he can buy one..

oubronco
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-14/2012-nfl-free-agency-miami-dolphins-paul-soliai-re-signs

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/4/89/1654230/83085-330-0.jpg

****in kiss my ass

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
****in kiss my ass

Who could have predicted that tying up so much resources in one player would adversely effect the team's ability to sign players to address the multitude of needs this team has though? Who?

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Who could have predicted that tying up so much resources in one player would adversely effect the team's ability to sign players to address the multitude of needs this team has though? Who?

Not me. We have a $40 mill cap. He's not going to get $40 mill a year.

Chidoze
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM

Hard to duck when someone throws a huge kitchen sink at you. Oh well.

extralife
03-14-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm sure he'll sign with the Titans, but what the hell does a front office position have to do with it? How is that a dream job? Peyton could get a front office job whenever he wanted, and it ain't got **** to do with Crazy Adams. Here's the dream job for Peyton after he retires from football: sit on your ass for a few years and bathe in cash every now and again.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I think Peyton's dream job is retiring, sitting on millions and millions and millions of dollars, golfing all day every day and then throwing it in his hot-ass wife every night.

But yeah, a thankless VP of Football Ops, where he works 7 days a week in-season and fans on message boards like this one call him all sorts of names because he doesn't get the player they want seems pret-tay, pret-tay good too.

:roll:

Hulamau
03-14-2012, 06:23 PM

Bingo!! Who says Payton wants a front office job .. and what is that exactly? Is he a future PR guy or would he be guaranteed in line for ownership role and how could Adam's guarantee any such thing when he's about to croak??

Bud Adams will be dead any day now and that offer is likely not worth the toilet paper its written on once he's gone and some other new owner comes on the scene .. probably before Payton's short second career as a QB is even over!
Payton I trust is smart enough to see through Bud Adams dog and pony show and make the decision based on football and what it likely best for him, his legacy and his family going forward.

Manning could get any job as a football TV personality he wanted down the road as well. And like Elway he may well want to take 10+ years off to smell the roses before jumping into such a full time gig as FO for a team that was mostly an arch rival for the vast majority of his playing career!

Hulamau
03-14-2012, 06:25 PM
But yeah, a thankless VP of Football Ops, where he works 7 days a week in-season and fans on message boards like this one call him all sorts of names because he doesn't get the player they want seems pret-tay, pret-tay good too.

:roll:

Amen to that!

El Jué
03-14-2012, 06:43 PM

And there's no way I should be allowed to be as good looking as I am, but hey..

orinjkrush
03-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Bud Adams showed his arrogant owner mindset :"i want that "toy". Make it happen or else.

I sure wouldn't sign up for an a hole like that.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Again, how could this be promised to Peyton as anything beyond a gentleman's agreement? I highly doubt such arrangements are allowed under NFLPA rules. And if it is a gentleman's agreement, what if Adams kicks the bucket before Manning retires? Will his heirs keep that promise? Do we even know who inherits his ownership when he dies? Sounds like a fishy promise to me.

Bacchus
03-14-2012, 07:50 PM

Denver's offensive line is young and good and they will be better this year. Denver has plenty of issues at WR, DL, LB, CB and safety to worry about fixing an oline that played very solid last year.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Denver's offensive line is young and good and they will be better this year. Denver has plenty of issues at WR, DL, LB, CB and safety to worry about fixing an oline that played very solid last year.

Young and good? Are we talking about the same offensive line that had its quarterbacks running for their lives all year? And don't give me that crap about Tebow needing to have a quicker release, because they gave up 9 sacks in 4 games while Orton was behind center, too.

I'd say the offensive line is most definitely yet another spot that needs attention on this team.

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Young and good? Are we talking about the same offensive line that had its quarterbacks running for their lives all year? And don't give me that crap about Tebow needing to have a quicker release, because they gave up 9 sacks in 4 games while Orton was behind center, too.

I'd say the offensive line is most definitely yet another spot that needs attention on this team.

LOL at the thought of Orton running period and to be fair five of the nine sacks came in one game. Four in three games isn't that bad.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 08:10 PM
LOL at the thought of Orton running period and to be fair five of the nine sacks came in one game. Four in three games isn't that bad.

No, but 5 in 1 game isn't good, and 9 in 4 isn't either. If I had to guess, if Orton finished out the year, we'd have been closer to 50 sacks than 20 sacks.

sinuous sausage
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
They don't want to accidentally bring in a bunch of talented free agents in case it's only Tebow next year. Because then, they can blame everything on Tebow.

^This might be astute

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
No, but 5 in 1 game isn't good, and 9 in 4 isn't either. If I had to guess, if Orton finished out the year, we'd have been closer to 50 sacks than 20 sacks.

It was the first game of the year after a lock out. Considering he was only sacked 34 times in 13 games the year before I think your closer to 50 is a tad high.

DenverBrit
03-14-2012, 08:23 PM
NFLN reporting Manning meet with TN for more than 6 hours.

He's now left.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 08:25 PM
NFLN reporting Manning meet with TN for more than 6 hours.

He's now left.

No way to tell with Manning. He's the sort who likes to collect info and let it sink in before making a decision. Can't blame him. Hopefully, we will know tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise me if he drags it out to Friday, though.

DenverBrit
03-14-2012, 08:32 PM
No way to tell with Manning. He's the sort who likes to collect info and let it sink in before making a decision. Can't blame him. Hopefully, we will know tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise me if he drags it out to Friday, though.

Tough to know what to make of any of the visits.

I'll be glad when the circus is over, though it really hasn't been that long.

PM going to TN would put butts in seats like Tebow would at Jacksonville.

Edit. Just heard TN has a decent waiting list for season tickets.

MVP-06
03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm just glad the meetings are over. Hopefully get a answer soon one way or another.

Requiem
03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Well Bud Adams is a ****face.

winstoncup bronco
03-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Bud Adams is a lunatic.

Clearly, the unrequited love of all things Peyton Manning is exclusive domain of EFX.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
It was the first game of the year after a lock out. Considering he was only sacked 34 times in 13 games the year before I think your closer to 50 is a tad high.

13 games, 34 sacks = 2.61 sacks per game

16 games x 2.61 sacks = 42 sacks a season

Not exactly stellar, and much closer to 50 than 20.

Broncojef
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Denver is a football town, Tennessee has a football team. I personally think the more Bud talked the bigger the favor to us. The Tennessee coaches had a target to get better on the Defensive line through free agency and were targeting Mario until Bud said he'd give anything to get Peyton and superceded their plan. So basically if Peyton goes there its for ownership and a job down the road. The team and coaches wanted something different...I just don't think its a good fit but in the end this is about money so who knows.

Circle Orange
03-14-2012, 09:27 PM
The man's gone mad. http://scosoft.com/s/r/157448cb.gif

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
This is a bunch of nonsense.

spdirty
03-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Elway needs to call him tomorrow and counter Bud Adams ownership offer with unretiring his number and allowing him to wear #7. So he can pretend to be as great as Elway was for 3-4 years.

broncos-rock
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Adams offered a contract for "life" assuming mannings life not Adams!

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827990cf/article/peyton-mannings-meeting-with-titans-lasts-nearly-seven-hours?module=HP11_headline_stack

Lasted almost 7 hours. Longest of all his meetings.

Titans obviously very confident they're going to get him.

Adams offered him the whole "Life" contract that's been hinted.

Broncos4tw
03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Perhaps Manning won't want to be so completely tied down by a team he is going to play with for 3 or maybe 4 years. I wouldn't assume the Titans are going to get him, simply because they are throwing a bunch of stuff at him.

Manning will be considering things like, location, his kids and family, and most importantly, the odds of winning a SB with that team. Denver is the best bet for one reason - we have an incredibly crappy division.

He may go with the Titans, but I don't think they have any better chance than Denver honestly. Their owner is a jackwipe.. I wouldn't want to play for him.

*WARHORSE*
03-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I think this has to be illegal in some way.

They would have to put a cap number on it...........

El Jué
03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
He may go with the Titans, but I don't think they have any better chance than Denver honestly. Their owner is a jackwipe.. I wouldn't want to play for him.

You wouldn't want to play for the man? Shoot. I'd play for Bud Adams in a heartbeat. Then again, I'm Doug Flutie's size with absolutely none of the talent or heart. I run like Bernie Kosar. I throw the short ball like an off-balance Tim Tebow, and I heave the long ball about as far as I can throw a short ball, only with much less accuracy. But I'd play for the man. We'd just have to iron out the guaranteed portion of the contract.

BroncoMan4ever
03-14-2012, 11:59 PM

Denver didn't go after the top tier guys last year, so it isn't surprising they didn't this year. They stood calm for the 1st couple days and let the usual suspects, Dallas, Washington, and teams of that type scavenge the overpriced guys and then began taking the solid football players who won't break the bank.

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Governor of Tennessee calls on behalf of Bud Adams to ask Manning to become a Titan.

Talk about reeking of desperation.

Mogulseeker
03-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Denver is a football town, Tennessee has a football team. I personally think the more Bud talked the bigger the favor to us. The Tennessee coaches had a target to get better on the Defensive line through free agency and were targeting Mario until Bud said he'd give anything to get Peyton and superceded their plan. So basically if Peyton goes there its for ownership and a job down the road. The team and coaches wanted something different...I just don't think its a good fit but in the end this is about money so who knows.

Honestly, all this Bud Adams stuff... kinda creepy stalker-esque.

I think he might be turning Manning off, lol.

razorwire77
03-15-2012, 01:26 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827990cf/article/peyton-mannings-meeting-with-titans-lasts-nearly-seven-hours?module=HP11_headline_stack

Lasted almost 7 hours. Longest of all his meetings.

Titans obviously very confident they're going to get him.

Adams offered him the whole "Life" contract that's been hinted.

Bowlen and EFX need to step up with an "Afterlife" contract. The ghost of Peyton Manning will rule Dove Valley through at least the year 2135.

123 year/4 septillion, with 64 sextillion guaranteed.

Lock it up!!!

extralife
03-15-2012, 01:38 AM
I may not be a fancy "governor," but I'm willing to step up and make the call. Just let me know, Bowlen.

Shananahan
03-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Bowlen and EFX need to step up with an "Afterlife" contract.
Tebow would give that to him for free as soon as he was signed.

razorwire77
03-15-2012, 02:25 AM
Bud Adams went all 1999 Office Space and offered Peyton "Two chicks at the same time."

go_broncos
03-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Governor of Tennessee calls on behalf of Bud Adams to ask Manning to become a Titan.

Talk about reeking of desperation.

So much desperation..I think they have good QB in locker.Not sure why they don't trust him.

Durango
03-15-2012, 04:51 AM
With only a little wiggle room under the salary cap, I heard speculation on ESPN that Adams may offer Manning a hefty salary loaded with incentives, but ALSO a piece of the team at the conclusion of a three or four year contract.

It seems as though Adams may tap dance around the salary cap issue since a % of the team, whatever it ends up being, wouldn't take effect until the end of the contract.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2012, 04:57 AM
With only a little wiggle room under the salary cap, I heard speculation on ESPN that Adams may offer Manning a hefty salary loaded with incentives, but ALSO a piece of the team at the conclusion of a three or four year contract.

It seems as though Adams may tap dance around the salary cap issue since a % of the team, whatever it ends up being, wouldn't take effect until the end of the contract.

Its illegal and we lost draft picks to prove it.

Durango
03-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Its illegal and we lost draft picks to prove it.

I understand that. Bowlen tried to sneak this by the NFL with his final Elway contract, but it's what some of these analysts are speculating, including Adam Schefter. He's coming up in an hour or so on ESPN 2. There's some kind of loophole where an owner can do this within the rules, or at least, that's what they're saying.

It does bother me a little, but only a little. This Manning thing has dragged on longer than it should have. Make a decision already. Manning himself said he don't want to drag this out, but here we are.

Mike & Mike say he may even consider meeting with 'other' teams outside the four that have seem to be in the hunt; Denver, Tennessee, Arizona and Miami, and may not reach a decision by Sunday.

From what I understand, Arizona has to decide whether or not to exercise a multi-million dollar bonus for Kevin Kolb by Friday, and now it seems Manning may not be prepared to commit to anyone until at least Sunday, and that's assuming teams don't want to work him out.

The Broncos seem to be holding back any free agent recruitment until Manning makes his decision, and Arizona may have to hand out 7 million bucks to a QB they don't want. It's time for him to commit to someone so everyone else can move on, but of course, he has his own timetable.

DENVERDUI55
03-15-2012, 05:37 AM
Bud is just a better more powerful business man then bowlen. There is a reason he has more money than he can ever spend and bowlen has broke rumors floating around.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-15-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm not understanding how this is a "dream job". It's Nashville. BFD. So what if his wife grew up there and there's a home in the same state? He's Peyton Manning and there are these things known as airplanes. I'm not buying that the college connection is that strong. I think there would be a good number of other teams willing to open their doors if he was interested in a front office job when he retires.

eddie mac
03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
If the Titans do this I hope the Broncos report them to the NFL.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-15-2012, 06:44 AM
http://lebrondajameson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bud-adams-flipping-the-bird.jpg

eddie mac
03-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Infact the more I hear/smell of the Titans desperation the more I reckon we'll get our man.

Broncojef
03-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Infact the more I hear/smell of the Titans desperation the more I reckon we'll get our man.

Yeah I agree I'd be worried about peyton's mental stability if he chose this deal. If Tennessee does get him the details of the deal should be funny.

ND Bronco Fan
03-15-2012, 07:04 AM

12 hours ago I thought the exact opposite but once he left the building last night and thinking about it this morning I agree completely with you.

ND Bronco Fan
03-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Anyone else find the timing of Von Miller's tweets last night around the time Manning was supposed to be leaving Nashville interesting..........have not heard anything from him in a week but all of sudden he goes on a twitter rampage......

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-15-2012, 07:10 AM
If this was Jamarcus Russell or some other mouthbreather, they'd easily be suckered in by all the desperation coming from the Titans camp. I'd hope Manning is a little bit brighter to not fall for all the fireworks and silly promises.

eddie mac
03-15-2012, 07:16 AM
It'll only delay the process though considering it'll take Manning's legal people about a week to clarify whether the offer falls within the constraints of the CBA.

Archie ring Denver ffs, it's June 1st.

oubronco
03-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Was Archie confirmed to be at any of the meetings he has had?

mwill07
03-15-2012, 07:32 AM
If the Titans do this I hope the Broncos report them to the NFL.

Agreed. I don't see how this can possibly be considered anything other than circumventing the salary cap. Certainly much worse than whatever the Cowboys & Redskins did by front-loading contracts into an uncapped year.

Kaylore
03-15-2012, 07:56 AM
My one hope is they may have oversold Manning on them. Like the desperate boyfriend. Denver might have some appeal as it is a good place to live and still do analyst work post career like Schlereth, Sharpe, etc. Hopefully them giving him the Lebron treatment ala Cleveland singing "we are the world" will turn him back towards us.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-15-2012, 07:57 AM
RT @McClain_on_NFL: Last time Bud Adams gave anyone a lifetime contract was coach Bill Peterson. He was fired after 1 1/2 seasons.

oubronco
03-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Don't count on it PM is going to go where he will get the most money

barryr
03-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Manning would pick the Titans for a job in the FO? To me, that is really the only reason he would pick them over the Broncos. The Titans roster right now is no more Super Bowl ready than the Broncos and their roster isn't ready either.

baja
03-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Don't count on it PM is going to go where he will get the most money

I don't think so. Manning is not your average pro athlete that has to make all his money during career and hope to make it last the rest o his life. Manning will continue to make millions after he retires. He will have opportunities galore.

This decision will not be about the money only.

BabyTO
03-15-2012, 08:13 AM
fire elway and bring in peyton

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2012, 08:15 AM
I don't think so. Manning is not your average pro athlete that has to make all his money during career and hope to make it last the rest o his life. Manning will continue to make millions after he retires. He will have opportunities galore.

This decision will not be about the money only.

I'd think that would be his mindset at this point in his career. But then I'm not sure why he chose to put a gun to the Colts head over money after missing a full season with the situation they were in.

Dude wants an unreasonable amount of pay for a rebuilding team. Especially when you're likely looking at a 2 year solution, assuming his health holds up that long.

Which is why I want no part of this.

Kid A
03-15-2012, 08:15 AM
"What is it you want, Manning? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Bud Adams seems to care very little for those already employed by his team, whacking anyone and everyone that may have a job he'd consider giving to Manning.

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Bud Adams seems to care very little for those already employed by his team.

Sounds like our Front Office

Mjolnir
03-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Bud Adams seems to care very little for those already employed by his team, whacking anyone and everyone that may have a job he'd consider giving to Manning.

And if I were Manning, this would make me want to look elsewhere for a team.

That and the fact that Adams has spent the previous 14 seasons paying guys to take off his head when he played for the Colts.

barryr
03-15-2012, 08:41 AM
I was hoping money would not be as important to Manning since I thought he wanted to finish with a chance at a Super Bowl and that might mean saving money so his new team could sign other players. Offered a FO job is nice and all, but the Titans will need to sign players too since they just lost Finnegan and might lose Jones too and did not have a Super Bowl roster to begin with.

But I do think it is just the Broncos and Titans. It is hard to see any new team coming into play here. I just don't see Manning signing with the Cards or Miami. Neither looks better than what the Broncos can offer.

I think Manning doesn't sign with the Broncos only because he doesn't see them being legit contenders.

Guessed
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Regardless of what we hear through the media and rumor mill, the reality of the situation is that we have no idea what's actually going to happen. It was previously reported that Manning wanted to make a decision before Tuesday. Why??? Manning is the master of walking up to the line of scrimmage presnap and surveying the field...sometimes there's a quick snap to catch the defense off guard and sometimes he mills the clock to the last second as he does his girations and calls...I think we are seeing the latter from Manning and this shouldn't be a surprise for one of the most prepared QB in NFL history. I can imagine that privately the Broncos patience with this process is being tested, especially if Manning ends up elsewhere.

BroncoBen
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Well Bud Adams is 89 years old he doesn't have many years left, so I can see why he is willing to spend big and 'whack' people.

The question is .. does Manning does take Bud Adams at his word that he would have a 'job for life' with the Titians, meaning being the GM of the Titians.

Or does Manning get that is writting.. which should be a against NFL rules on the salary cap and would have to get approved by the NFL, which would open up a pandora box if teams can now start putting that into players contracts.

MaloCS
03-15-2012, 10:02 AM
EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING that has been reported as FACT is completely bogus and purely speculative. I.E., IT"S A FREAKING OPINION!!!!!

The only people that truly know what Manning is thinking is Peyton, his family, his agent and maybe a select group of close friends. The NFL network knows squat, ESPN knows squat, the talking heads know squat, and more importantly, the people on this board know squat.

Everybody's opinion is just that -- OPINION! Good grief! You anti Tebow people throw fits over Tebowmania? Are you kidding me? This is freaking worse.

ghostofjosh
03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
if all these reports are true about ownership,lifetime contract blah blah blah......wouldnt you think he wouldve signed by now,...I say the longer we hear nothing is great news in our favor

jhns
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Well Bud Adams is 89 years old he doesn't have many years left, so I can see why he is willing to spend big and 'whack' people.

The question is .. does Manning does take Bud Adams at his word that he would have a 'job for life' with the Titians, meaning being the GM of the Titians.

Or does Manning get that is writting.. which should be a against NFL rules on the salary cap and would have to get approved by the NFL, which would open up a pandora box if teams can now start putting that into players contracts.

How can Manning even take a lifetime job offer seriously from an 89 year old? What happens when he isn't around after Manning retires? That decision is then up to whoever takes over when Bud is gone.

ghostofjosh
03-15-2012, 10:18 AM
dont you think hed have lifetime offer from colts inside orgaanization?..why would he go work for the colts arch rivals....not adding up

MaloCS
03-15-2012, 10:23 AM
dont you think hed have lifetime offer from colts inside orgaanization?..why would he go work for the colts arch rivals....not adding up

Why would Mike Shanahan go work for Al Davis? Don't kid yourself, this about money and rubbing the nose of the Colts in the proverbial substance.

Why wouldn't Manning want the opportunity to stick it to the Colts? I would. Especially if I had the competitive spirit and ego that Manning has.

It's very amusing to read post after post of rationalization by Manning fans, it makes Tebowmania look like junior varsity.

Hilarious!

Kaylore
03-15-2012, 10:26 AM
It's Almost noon in Ten, I believe (are they CST?). Come on Peyton. Please say something.

Kid A
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM
I hope Peyton's wife and kids are in a secret, secure location. Bud seems more than willing to take this "nobody leaves until you've signed a contract" idea to the next level.

ghostofjosh
03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Why would Mike Shanahan go work for Al Davis? Don't kid yourself, this about money and rubbing the nose of the Colts in the proverbial substance.

Why wouldn't Manning want the opportunity to stick it to the Colts? I would. Especially if I had the competitive spirit and ego that Manning has.

It's very amusing to read post after post of rationalization by Manning fans, it makes Tebowmania look like junior varsity.

Hilarious!

lololol...comparing shanahan as an assistant leaving for the raiders to become a head coach to peyton manning iconic qb of the colts to going to work for arch rival titans?...Hardly the same..plus Manning is a classy guy unlike most douchey athletes,I would be surprised if he did it

Old Dude
03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure the Broncos are really in that big of a rush. I can't find the link, but I recall reading last week that they might very well pass on the whole first wave of FA madness and let the market settle down - regardless of all their cap money.

That seems to be exactly what they are doing. Other than Manning, they've had only two visits. They haven't even come to terms with Bunkley. I think they are going to pass on Dillard's and Macy's - and head straight to the Dollar Store. They might not make a dent in their cap room until June or July.

The teams in a bigger rush would be Arizona (due to the need to make a decision about their existing starter and his bonus that kicks in on Saturday) and Tennessee (which wants to make some kind of splash - even if it isn't Manning).

oubronco
03-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Is it Sunday yet?

Rohirrim
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure the Broncos are really in that big of a rush. I can't find the link, but I recall reading last week that they might very well pass on the whole first wave of FA madness and let the market settle down - regardless of all their cap money.

That seems to be exactly what they are doing. Other than Manning, they've had only two visits. They haven't even come to terms with Bunkley. I think they are going to pass on Dillard's and Macy's - and head straight to the Dollar Store. They might not make a dent in their cap room until June or July.

The teams in a bigger rush would be Arizona (due to the need to make a decision about their existing starter and his bonus that kicks in on Saturday) and Tennessee (which wants to make some kind of splash - even if it isn't Manning).

Maybe this whole thing is a ruse? Maybe John called Peyton and said, "Hey, Peyton old pal, I have an owner who doesn't want to spend another nickle on this team. Frankly, he just doesn't have it. So could you come out for a visit, we'll fly you in, wine you and dine you, and then pretend like we're serious about signing you. Meanwhile, we can let FA slip by, we don't have to spend a penny, and then you can announce your new contract with some other team on Sunday?"

Peyton: "Sure, John. What are pals for? But you owe me a few rounds at Cherry Hills."

Elway: "No sweat."

eddie mac
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Titans are talking to Manning again today??? Was 6 1/2 hours not enough then???

Gutless Drunk
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=HJR078530416

TN Legislature Bill to sign Peyton

Time to bail out of this circus

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HJR0785.pdf

Smilin Assassin
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM

?

They aren't talking to him today.

Rohirrim
03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=HJR078530416

TN Legislature Bill to sign Peyton

Time to bail out of this circus

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HJR0785.pdf

That's pathetic. If I'm Manning, this gives me the creeps.

eddie mac
03-15-2012, 11:12 AM
?

They aren't talking to him today.

According to a Titans Insider they are

Breaking Report: Per team source, Manning and Titans to begin 2nd day of talks at 1pm

Came from a blogger with 180 followers = horse****e sorry guys

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM

If you're right then we're probably ****ed. He didn't do that for any other team.

MaloCS
That's pathetic. If I'm Manning, this gives me the creeps.

Most ego maniacs feast on this type of attention. Make no mistake about it, Manning's ego is as big as his forehead, and that's pretty darn big.

UberBroncoMan
According to a Titans Insider they are

Breaking Report: Per team source, Manning and Titans to begin 2nd day of talks at 1pm

Ok, yeah. We're ****ed.

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2012, 11:17 AM

They forgot to ask him about his neck.

eddie mac
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Bull**** source forget that post

peacepipe
03-15-2012, 04:18 PM
according to mortenson,the only way tenn. can offer a piece of the team is if it is approved by a legue vote.

houghtam
03-15-2012, 04:38 PM
They forgot to ask him about his neck.

lol whoops

RaiderH8r
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
according to mortenson,the only way tenn. can offer a piece of the team is if it is approved by a legue vote.

I am putting Bowlen down as a no vote.