PDA

View Full Version : Paul Soliai re signs with the Dolphins

Raider9175
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Good job Peyton manning keep distracting Broncos front office long enough.

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Paul Soliai's 2year deal in MIA includes $12M in new money and when coupled with '11 franchise tag totals $24M/3yrs w/$18M gu

Broncoman13
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Damn it!!!

MABroncoFan
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I have a feeling we end up with none of our main FA targets in the end.

Taco John
This sucks, but it's so much easier for a player to stay where they are at than move to another team. You really need to overpay to lure people from home.

Raider9175
Damn it!!!

Don't worry it will be well worth it when you get Peyton manning. He the final piece.

Kaylore
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x105/ekibarian/FFFFFUUUUUU-1.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
This sucks, but it's so much easier for a player to stay where they are at than move to another team. You really need to overpay to lure people from home.

I guess Bunkley wants out of town money

Lestat
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
this reminds of missing on the DT's last season only to see them sign for around 5 mil per instead of the fan expected bank breaking 8-9 mil per.

cmhargrove
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Why do people freak out about not wasting tons of money in free agency. If you really want a big 2 gap NT, just trade down in the first, pick up a high second, and draft Alameda Ta'amu. No reason to spend 20+ mil on a guy we can just draft for much cheaper. They guy was probably just feeling out the market anyway. It sounds like he had every intention of signing back with the Dolphins.

ColoradoBuff
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
oh well...better get Bunkley signed then!

OBF1
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I will not miss any sleep

Kaylore
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
If they lose Manning too now, the front office is going to look really bad and have a lot of bad PR to deal with, not to mention the fallout of a scorned Tebow.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
2 years $12m ffs why LaCanfora even mentions his tag from last year in the deal is beyond me.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Good job Peyton manning keep distracting Broncos front office long enough.

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Paul Soliai's 2year deal in MIA includes $12M in new money and when coupled with '11 franchise tag totals $24M/3yrs w/$18M gu

I'm guessing this is the type of contract Bunkley wants now too. Bunkley has had one decent year, and it just happens to be his contract year. Hmmm...

pricejj
03-14-2012, 03:57 PM
If they lose Manning too now, the front office is going to look really bad and have a lot of bad PR to deal with, not to mention the fallout of a scorned Tebow.

Why would Manning come to this cluster? We can't even get anyone else to visit.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
2 years $12m ffs why LaCanfora even mentions his tag from last year in the deal is beyond me.

We should have jumped on it for $6M...what a disgrace.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Blaming Manning is beyond a joke. He shouldn't be affecting any defensive rebuilding at all.

brother love
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM

How do you know that he was one of our main targets?

rbackfactory80
03-14-2012, 04:02 PM

especially no tax Fla

houghtam
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Why do people freak out about not wasting tons of money in free agency. If you really want a big 2 gap NT, just trade down in the first, pick up a high second, and draft Alameda Ta'amu. No reason to spend 20+ mil on a guy we can just draft for much cheaper. They guy was probably just feeling out the market anyway. It sounds like he had every intention of signing back with the Dolphins.

Oh, man when you put it that way, it sounds so easy!

Tell us, O Great Prognosticator, who else should we trade down and draft?

Dedhed
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM

Getting that feeling too.

Ronnie Tsunami
03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x105/ekibarian/FFFFFUUUUUU-1.jpg

this times a million. we're drafting a DT.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Don't worry it will be well worth it when you get Peyton manning. He the final piece.

Yeah, then we could call up Stoke, maybe Kevin Kasper. Trade DT for a conditional 5th. Keep Decker.

Call them Tres Amigos Blancos and ride the wave all the way to the title. Manning makes every receiver a pro-bowler.

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 04:20 PM

Cheap for a beast run stuffer.

We got played again.

This Manning thing was cool and all but now I'm pissed the **** off.

I have a feeling this is being used as nothing more than excuse to not spend if he doesn't sign.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Wouldn't be the first time Uber. Some season the league is gonna notice us carrying over $1 billion in caproom.

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't be the first time Uber. Some season the league is gonna notice us carrying over $1 billion in caproom.

Dude next offseason will be epic.

cmhargrove
03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Oh, man when you put it that way, it sounds so easy!

Tell us, O Great Prognosticator, who else should we trade down and draft?

Now that response just makes you sound like a big douchebag.

If sure if you were writing $12 million dollar paychecks, Paul Solai would have been at the top of your list. Seriously, was he anywhere on your radar as being a dominant defensive player before you knew he was a free agent this year? Gimme a break.

Let's have a little patience here, and look at the most successful teams of the past decade. How many of them were built on overpaid free agents? We need to hit on draft picks over several years to move back towards dominance. Free agency should be for filling in a few holes, not building your core.

And by the way, I bet after we watch the draft unfold, even you will think that some of the best value picks came in the top of the second round. We could easily find 3 starters in the second round if we were smart about it. Since you asked for some prognostication, how about Coby Fleener, Mychal Kendricks, Zach Brown, Jerel Worthy, Or Mike Adams. I could make an argument for any of those guys winning a starting job and improving our team.

Don't be a douche.

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Its just like last yr. People just ridiculously want FA. They want to tbe the Eagles and Skins. Last yr they hated the bunk move, now they want him resigned. Elway is being smart by being more like the Patriots and moving slow in FA. Players like Solia just not worth big money investments. Broncos will add some FA soon don't worry.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Now that response just makes you sound like a big douchebag.

If sure if you were writing $12 million dollar paydays, Paul Solai would have been at the top of your list. Seriously, was he anywhere on your radar as being a dominant defensive player before you knew he was a free agent this year? Gimme a break.

Let's have a little patience here, and look at the most successful teams of the past decade. How many of them were built on overpaid free agents? We need to hit on draft picks over several years to move back towards dominance. Free agency should be for filling in a few holes, not building your core.

And by the way, I bet after we watch the draft unfold, even you will think that some of the best value picks came in the top of the second round. We could easily find 3 starters in the second round if we were smart about it. Since you asked for some prognostication, how about Coby Fleener, Mychal Kendricks, Zach Brown, Jerel Worthy, Or Mike Adams. I could make an argument for any of those guys winning a starting job and improving our team.

Don't be a douche.

No actually my favorite part was the trading down, as if it were that easy. It takes two to tango. I've posted about this every year before the draft, yet every year without fail, people say "trade down!" as if it's that easy. You're right, there is some great depth from about mid 1st through mid 3rd...which is why trading down is going to be even more difficult than normal.

cmhargrove
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
No actually my favorite part was the trading down, as if it were that easy. It takes two to tango. I've posted about this every year before the draft, yet every year without fail, people say "trade down!" as if it's that easy. You're right, there is some great depth from about mid 1st through mid 3rd...which is why trading down is going to be even more difficult than normal.

Sorry about the douche thing, I'm caught up on that word lately.

Point taken.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Sorry about the douche thing, I'm caught up on that word lately.

Point taken.

No, it's okay. I am a douche. Also a tebonner.