PDA

View Full Version : No contact w/ Tebow since Manning debacle started

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:13 PM
The Broncos have had no contact with Tim Tebow since the Manning courtship began…The Broncos have not pestered Manning for progress reports or a decision since he left Denver on Saturday. John Elway is driving this bus. He and Manning connected well during the visit Friday and Saturday.

The bottom line on the Broncos’ pursuit of Manning is this: Elway is in charge, and Elway is interested in Super Bowls. The argument that the Broncos improved last year and won their division (on a tie-breaker) with Tebow, doesn’t cut much ice with Elway. He knows what it takes to be a Super Bowl contender and he believes bringing in Manning is the fastest way to get there. He knows the Manning courtship is a high risk/high reward mission. He believes that going for greatness usually is.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/krieger.html?article=9898964

jhns
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
This needed a new thread, and second posting?

Why would anyone care? He hasn't talked to Tebow this week. What exactly do you think this means? Would anything be different if he had talked to Tebow?

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
For jhns:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3471707&postcount=137

Clearly means nothing........... Hilarious!

jhns
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Too stupid for message boards...

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
You would think if there were trade rumors about Eli, Brady, rivers, brees, Ben or others that their FOs would be in touch with them.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Tim's too busy getting better to call this ****-stick

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 12:37 PM
He knows what it takes to be a Super Bowl contender and he believes bringing in Manning is the fastest way to get there.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/krieger.html?article=9898964

How could Elway know that Tebow isn't the fastest way to get to a championship considering there has never bee a player like Tebow and Tebow was the most successful college player ever.

Elway thought Orton would be more successful than Tebow.. and when he was dead wrong he chalked it up to "a spark"...

Someone really needs to tell Elway that he may have cost this team a superbowl last season by missing the boat on Tebow and bringing in a horrible coach for him and stripping the talent around him.

Now it seems ELWAY is taking credit for all the success last season and none of the blame for blowing it...

Hulamau
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
How could Elway know that Tebow isn't the fastest way to get to a championship considering there has never bee a player like Tebow and Tebow was the most successful college player ever.

Elway thought Orton would be more successful than Tebow.. and when he was dead wrong he chalked it up to "a spark"...

Someone really needs to tell Elway that he may have cost this team a superbowl last season by missing the boat on Tebow and bringing in a horrible coach for him and stripping the talent around him.

Now it seems ELWAY is taking credit for all the success last season and none of the blame for blowing it...

This here is what you call ****in' INSANITY!!! True blue, balls to walls, Loonyland, Straight Jacket worthy INSANITY!

Butterscotch Stallion
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey Jay Cutler, THIS is what your vagtastic pussfest should have been about. a phone call? please....Elway is blowing manning while Bowlen cups his balls without even calling Tebow.

Hopefully Tebow has taught you had to be a professional.

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM

You never saw Elway play a down have you?

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 12:47 PM
This here is what you call ****in' INSANITY!!! True blue, balls to walls, Loonyland, Straight Jacket worthy INSANITY!

You're projecting....

Tebow beat the top D in the NFL inn his first playoff game.. dropped 3 bills on them.. with no run game and no receivers...

Elway dumped Gaffney and then did nothing to help Tebow in the off season then threw him under the bus starting the season giving Lloyd an excuse to ask out...

Requiem
03-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Course there hasn't been contact. Teebs is grounded. No phone for him.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Leads one to believe that Elway was confident in landing Manning, but I bet he's less confident now that Bud Adams has effed everything up. It also leads one to believe that he really doesn't care what Tebow thinks. When Manning announces the Titans as his choice things are going to get very interesting...

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Now it's a debacle? LOL

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
You never saw Elway play a down have you?

Are you suggesting Elway was as good as Tebow?

Elway was nowhere near the athlete and physical monstrosity Tebow is.. Tebow conditions himself like an Olympic athlete.. Elway took care of his body like a 70s professional bowler... lots of beer, tobacco and pizza

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Do we have to start neg repping people that quote Macgruber?

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Now that's a cult....

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM
You're projecting....

Tebow beat the top D in the NFL inn his first playoff game.. dropped 3 bills on them.. with no run game and no receivers...

Elway dumped Gaffney and then did nothing to help Tebow in the off season then threw him under the bus starting the season giving Lloyd an excuse to ask out...

They never played the texans or niners. When you puke on these pages at least get the stats right

Taco John
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
This is why we can't keep Tebow around when we land Manning. As much as I love the idea of keeping him on the team and learning how to be a pro quarterback as an understudy to one of the best QBs in the history of the game, the Tebow fans will make it impossible. We're going to have to ship him out for whatever we can get for him.

bronco militia
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4QAC1qLz5JH8nT0nzeM2uEcfGhjg6v 9S0Fuvfyx6PUz6kpZDFHxh9HCVa

crowebomber
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I bet they haven't consulted Brady Quinn either. They are looking to replace Tebow, what do you think he would contribute to the process?

houghtam
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM

That's actually not a bad idea.......

On it! From this point on, you quote someone on my ignore list, you get a neg rep.

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
You would think if there were trade rumors about Eli, Brady, rivers, brees, Ben or others that their FOs would be in touch with them.

They are franchise qbs that have proven a bit more then Tebow. So Tebow starts one yr and now he deserves the type of treatment Superbowl qbs get? excluding Rivers.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 12:58 PM
I bet they haven't consulted Brady Quinn either. They are looking to replace Tebow, what do you think he would contribute to the process?

That would only work if Quinn was actually on the roster.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:00 PM
They are franchise qbs that have proven a bit more then Tebow. So Tebow starts one yr and now he deserves the type of treatment Superbowl qbs get? excluding Rivers.

I guess maybe I'm out of touch, but I would think if you're planning on replacing or trading ANY starter you'd at least have the courtesy to let them know.

Drunken.Broncoholic

Ha don't mistake me for a nut like Mcgruber. I'm a tebow critic. Not a teboner.

Beantown Bronco
As I mentioned in the other thread, doesn't this reveal just how incompetent a front office we have in Denver? Think about it. We've had one significant free agent visit....and that was LAST week. Since then, we had a one hour sit down with a safety that nobody wants and presumably didn't make a real offer. That's it.

In what should be the busiest, most intense week of the entire season for a front office, we've done essentially nothing. We've talked to one guy, who is a league minimum type guy. This is pretty comical actually.

Butterscotch Stallion
This is why we can't keep Tebow around when we land Manning. As much as I love the idea of keeping him on the team and learning how to be a pro quarterback as an understudy to one of the best QBs in the history of the game, the Tebow fans will make it impossible. We're going to have to ship him out for whatever we can get for him.

If manning plays well they would not. if he played like Orton, then billboards will fly.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM

Playoff wins in first seasons after years of pain tend to make fans out of people. I know it's hard to grasp.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
That's actually not a bad idea.......

On it! From this point on, you quote someone on my ignore list, you get a neg rep.

We really need to bring back the real rep system.

It does wonders in allowing the community to self-regulate.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
As I mentioned in the other thread, doesn't this reveal just how incompetent a front office we have in Denver? Think about it. We've had one significant free agent visit....and that was LAST week. Since then, we had a one hour sit down with a safety that nobody wants and presumably didn't make a real offer. That's it.

In what should be the busiest, most intense week of the entire season for a front office, we've done essentially nothing. We've talked to one guy, who is a league minimum type guy. This is pretty comical actually.

Bu..bu..buuut...... Mannnninggggg (Another Zoolander Face)

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 01:03 PM

BUT ELWAY HAS RINGS AS A PLAYUR!!!!!

MagicHef
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM

If they are running the team based on fan sentiment, then they do not deserve their jobs.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
...we've done essentially nothing. We've talked to one guy, who is a league minimum type guy. This is pretty comical actually.

Come on now, we do have a visit lined up with..............Mike Adams!

3:35 PM Browns S Mike Adams says he'll be visiting the Broncos; Adams has played fivee seasons in Cleveland after three with San Francisco. Last year he had three INTs, six passes defensed, and solo 41 tackles in 16 starts.
https://twitter.com/#!/MDOTADAMS20/status/180005452946472960

Oh, and Carr to Dallas is done.

3:59 PM Adam Schefter: Cowboys sign CB Brandon Carr to a 5-year, $50.1 million deal. https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/180020426091659264

bombay
03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Leads one to believe that Elway was confident in landing Manning, but I bet he's less confident now that Bud Adams has effed everything up. It also leads one to believe that he really doesn't care what Tebow thinks. When Manning announces the Titans as his choice things are going to get very interesting...

Oh, brother.

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Are you suggesting Elway was as good as Tebow?

Elway was nowhere near the athlete and physical monstrosity Tebow is.. Tebow conditions himself like an Olympic athlete.. Elway took care of his body like a 70s professional bowler... lots of beer, tobacco and pizza

You have to be one of the following:

1) a troll

2) Ignorant

3) Have a Tebow Mancrush worse than mine for Gene Kranz

The more you post I think it is #1.

There has been no QB like Elway ever, he had the prototypical body, mobility, arm.

bombay
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
If manning plays well they would not. if he played like Orton, then billboards will fly.

The flying billboards will be competing for air space with the flying bull****.

At any rate, Tebow is gone regardless. The Broncos have zero concern about what he thinks.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
We really need to bring back the real rep system.

It does wonders in allowing the community to self-regulate.

Perhaps I joined the board after the real rep system was in place. What did that entail?

bendog
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Nah, the joshnuthuggers were in full bloom, and then came the tebowites. I'm really ok with no Payaton, but not losing the tebowites makes me ... sad.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh, brother.

He's a Titan. It was fun to dream.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Nah, the joshnuthuggers were in full bloom, and then came the tebowites. I'm really ok with no Payaton, but not losing the tebowites makes me ... sad.

Maybe you could still make us wear "stars of Tebow".. don't lose hope....

jhns
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM

You are quite the little drama queen.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM

Dude I honestly think you're overestimating the number of Macgruders on this board.

If this team spent money on adding players not named Manning, and Tebow failed next season, I guarantee you'd see people like me, Rev, Beavis, and the other reasonable "tebonners", who make up the majority of people saying we should give him a chance, simply say "okay, time to move on."

broncosteven
Perhaps I joined the board after the real rep system was in place. What did that entail?

Click on your rep icon to see your rep dick, like life some people have bigger dicks than others.

bronco militia
I think Tim will be fine if the Broncos don't land Manning. He's under contract and he has an entire offseason to work on last years short comings.

rugbythug
03-14-2012, 01:15 PM

So? Who gives a crap if we loose the fa facebook award. Please post last years best fa and when they signed.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
There has been no QB like Elway ever, he had the prototypical body, mobility, arm.

I have seen Elway run.. no way in hell he had prototypical mobility. He also was nowhere near as strong and durable as Tebow.. Running in college back then was nothing like running now in the SEC...

Yes he had a CANNON for an arm.. I won't deny that.. but Tebow's freakish skillset gives him abilities no other QB has had before. This is wwhy people have no idea what Tebow is really capable of.

bronco militia
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I have seen Elway run.. no way in hell he had prototypical mobility. He also was nowhere near as strong and durable as Tebow.. Running in college back then was nothing like running now in the SEC...

LOL

wow

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Click on your rep icon to see your rep dick, like life some people have bigger ***** than others.

Well I knew that, and I'm sure my rep dick is quite small compared to most. I'm just wondering what the "old rep system" was.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Dude I honestly think you're overestimating the number of Macgruders on this board.

If this team spent money on adding players not named Manning, and Tebow failed next season, I guarantee you'd see people like me, Rev, Beavis, and the other reasonable "tebonners", who make up the majority of people saying we should give him a chance, simply say "okay, time to move on."

So MacGruders = Juden (the jews)?

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 01:21 PM

The only hope I'm holding out is that Manning will be turned off by the fact that the actual football people in the organization had no intention of pursuing him until the 89 year old owner demanded it. Manning apparently doesn't like Miami because of the front office structure, so you would think a situation where the geezer owner jumps in on a whim to overrule his front office would not be apealing. Remember, Adams did the same thing back in '06 when he insisted on drafting Vince Young against the better judgement of the front office. It's only a small hope though....Tennessee makes too much sense other than that.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
LOL

wow

You're delusional

Elway isn't even considered a "running QB"

Ask people who the top running QBs are and Elway isn't even on the top ten list...

If he was then he would be used as an example of running QBs winning championships...

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM

Yes he had a CANNON for an arm.. I won't deny that.. but Tebow's freakish skillset gives him abilities no other QB has had before. This is wwhy people have no idea what Tebow is really capable of.

You never bothered to watch "The Drive" game or it's highlights have you? Elway did all that on a bum ankle.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
So? Who gives a crap if we loose the fa facebook award. Please post last years best fa and when they signed.

Huh? It's pretty common knowledge that 90% of the "top" FAs sign the first week of FA, most the first day or two. This isn't a guess. It's been this way for awhile. There's really no way to debate it.

And I'm not talking about signing them all up. I'm talking about showing any sign at all that they're interested in upgrading their team in FA. Any interest at all. Talk to guys. Bring them in. Something. So far, one league minimum safety and, in another day or two, another slightly better safety.

Yippee.

ol#7

I generally enjoy your posts and can even see the tortured logic at work at times when everyone else is handing you your ass, but you are flat out wrong about everything you have ever said about Elway the player.

He was the most sacked QB in the league, took a beating behind our tiny O-line and hardly missed any time. Fast and one of the all time leading rushers at the QB spot and more importantly, knew when to run.

I like Tebow, hell I love Tebow, but your comparison is flat out wrong. You have no idea what you are talking about.

DBroncos4life

link?

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
You're delusional

Ask people who the top running QBs are and Elway isn't even on the top ten list...

If he was then he would be used as an example of running QBs winning championships...

3,407 yards rushing on 774 attempts, KM would love to have that for his career.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm bummed because I really thought we had him and now I'm fairly certain we don't. And I'm thinking that now we try the "suck for Luck" approach again, but this time suck for Barkley or whoever is the new apple of Elway's eye. Expect very little quality FA activity and they'll throw Tebow to the wolves. 4-12 here we come! Maybe I'll be a little more rational tomorrow morning.

BroncoBeavis

At current pace, Tebow would have that in 4 seasons. With some change.

Just for some perspective.

MacGruder
I like Tebow, hell I love Tebow, but your comparison is flat out wrong. You have no idea what you are talking about.

So then why isn't Elway considered the best running QB of all time?

If Elway could pass as well as he does and run anywhere CLOSE to Tebow he would have more than 2 superbowls...

Butterscotch Stallion
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
The flying billboards will be competing for air space with the flying bull****.

At any rate, Tebow is gone regardless. The Broncos have zero concern about what he thinks.

Can you turn down the vagina please so I can hear you?

HILife
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Click on your rep icon to see your rep dick, like life some people have bigger ***** than others.

Wow, did not know I could do that. Thanks.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 01:27 PM
You're delusional

You are the stupidest person I've ever heard of. Cormac McCarthy couldn't make up somebody this stupid. William Faulkner couldn't make up somebody this stupid.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm bummed because I really thought we had him and now I'm fairly certain we don't. And I'm thinking that now we try the "suck for Luck" approach again, but this time suck for Barkley or whoever is the new apple of Elway's eye. Expect very little quality FA activity and they'll throw Tebow to the wolves. 4-12 here we come! Maybe I'll be a little more rational tomorrow morning.

I think that crazy old bastard in Tennessee will just tell Manning to take whatever offer he gets and he'll add $5 million a year to it. Who would say no?

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:30 PM
You are the stupidest person I've ever heard of. Cormac McCarthy couldn't make up somebody this stupid. William Faulkner couldn't make up somebody this stupid.

You're projecting...

maher_tyler
Its been fun...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/14/titans-can-offer-football-life-after-retirement-for-manning/?module=HP11_hot_topics

Good job FO!

ol#7

Ignoring the fact for a moment that it is pointless to engage you in a debate, because he played in Reeves conservative offense and ran when he had to, not by design.

You call a bunch of running plays over and over for your QB, and you will not have a QB. Tebow cannot last playing that way, he has to transition to a better passer. Teaching young QB's not to always run is one of the first things all teams do. Why do you think RB's have such short careers?

srphoenix
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Its been fun...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/14/titans-can-offer-football-life-after-retirement-for-manning/?module=HP11_hot_topics

Good job FO!

just read that and saw the same thing. I guess until his name's on the line there is always a chance, but I think Manning's definitely going the Titan route at this point.

Hope Tebow really has grown this offseason and isn't affected by this whole deal, he's gotta realize that it's peyton manning, not some scrub that would've replaced him.

bronco militia
03-14-2012, 01:33 PM
You're delusional

you only have to ask me....I'm the best elway expert I know

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Its been fun...

Good job FO!

And what happens if the owner drops dead next month and the family says, "What? Who?"

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 01:37 PM
You're delusional

Usually when you can pass the ball there's no reason to run.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
And what happens if the owner drops dead next month and the family says, "What? Who?"

Yeah, I highly doubt the promise of a front office job and/or an ownership stake is something they could put in writing. Seems certain that that would be cap violation of some kind. It would have to be a gentleman's agreement, and like you said, what if Adams drops dead before that promise could be fullfilled?

Rohirrim
You're projecting...

The Top 5 All-Time Rushing Quarterbacks

1. Randall Cunningham – 4,928
2. Steve Young – 4,239
3. Michael Vick – 3,859
4. Fran Tarkenton – 3,674
5. Steve McNair – 3,590
and as a bonus…
6. John Elway – 3,407
http://iqfb.com/player-facts/the-top-five-rushing-quarterbacks-of-all-time/

MacGruder

Tebow has 1/4 of Elway's entire career rushing total in one year of playing time in a far more athletic and physical era...

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:45 PM
The Top 5 All-Time Rushing Quarterbacks

1. Randall Cunningham – 4,928
2. Steve Young – 4,239
3. Michael Vick – 3,859
4. Fran Tarkenton – 3,674
5. Steve McNair – 3,590
and as a bonus…
6. John Elway – 3,407
http://iqfb.com/player-facts/the-top-five-rushing-quarterbacks-of-all-time/

So then tell me why people constantly say running QBs don't win superbowls?

You can't have it both ways...

Thanks for playing :D

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 01:47 PM

Who the hell says they do? Look at the last decade of SB winners. Ya those Qbs could all run. Only big ben. The rest can actually throw the ball.

bronco militia
03-14-2012, 01:47 PM

If Elway could pass as well as he does and run anywhere CLOSE to Tebow he would have more than 2 superbowls...

He finished his career with 774 rushing attempts, one shy of NFL record-holder Randall Cunningham (775) for rushes by a quarterback. Elway's 3,417 rushing yards ranks sixth all-time among NFL QB's behind Cunningham, Michael Vick, Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, and Steve McNair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Elway

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Tebow has 1/4 of Elway's entire career rushing total in one year of playing time in a far more athletic and physical era...

Well, when your progression generally consists of looking at your primary and then taking off, you get more rushing yards.

barryr
03-14-2012, 01:49 PM
If the Broncos worried about Tebow, they probably would have informed him that they, although had stated he was the starter going into TC, they were going to go after Manning because they want to win a Super Bowl now and think they can do it with him. Whether that would make Tebow any happier knowing about it from them and not the news, who knows, but since they didn't do that, then one can guess they do not have much confidence in Tebow and will look to deal him regardless of what Manning does.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Who the hell says they do? Look at the last decade of SB winners. Ya those Qbs could all run. Only big ben. The rest can actually throw the ball.

Aaron Rodgers could also runs tremendously well...

BigBen is the only guy to win multiple SBs the other is Brady but he has Beli who is a genius...

And Eli had a dominant defense and run game..

So really it's not QBs winning these superbowls. It;s guys who just have great teams. Otherwise Peyton would have more..

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 01:50 PM

Never heard that said. I've heard it said that a QB who can't make his living passing out of the pocket can't win a SB. I think it was Elway said that.

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I think that crazy old bastard in Tennessee will just tell Manning to take whatever offer he gets and he'll add $5 million a year to it. Who would say no?

Manning might not want to go to an organization that is dysfunctional.

DBroncos4life
Its been fun...

Good job FO!

Yes, I remember all those interviews how Manning was just dreaming of working in the FO of the Titans. LOL Why does anyone really believe that is the the part that will put the deal over the top?

Stagger Lee
Aaron Rodger could also run tremendously well...

BigBen is the only guy to win multiple SBs the other is Brady but he has Beli who is a genius...

Those guys also throw tremendously well. Unlike our boy.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Never heard that said. I've heard it said that a QB who can't make his living passing out of the pocket can't win a SB. I think it was Elway said that.

Again.. we have never seen a QB that can run and pass like Tebow.. he is a freak. He proved what he is capable of this season even with no talent around him on Offense and horrible coaching.

Fedaykin
03-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Wow MacGruder is off the deep end of the deep end.

Tebow is a better QB than Elway?

Wow... just wow. Only a serious pathological delusion would manifest such a statement.

You really need some help kid... pronto.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 01:54 PM
If the Broncos worried about Tebow, they probably would have informed him that they, although had stated he was the starter going into TC, they were going to go after Manning because they want to win a Super Bowl now and think they can do it with him. Whether that would make Tebow any happier knowing about it from them and not the news, who knows, but since they didn't do that, then one can guess they do not have much confidence in Tebow and will look to deal him regardless of what Manning does.

They can't deal Tebow without Manning in hand. It just can't happen. Unless Tebow were to raise a stink like Jay to turn off the fanbase, which I don't see happening.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Those guys also throw tremendously well. Unlike our boy.

Tebow threw very very well considering the talent around him and how poorly he was prepared for the season.

People forget Tebow is overhauling all his mechanics (unnecessarily)

Had a horrible coach

And no talent on offense and an organization that bailed on him..

And he won his first playoff game against the steelers Peyton won his fourth playoff game..

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Again.. we have never seen a QB that can run and pass like Tebow.. he is a freak. He proved what he is capable of this season even with no talent around him on Offense and horrible coaching.

I've seen Elway make throws on the run that Tebow couldn't even dream of. Across the body, sidearm, forty yards to the other sideline, off the wrong foot, dead solid perfect. Your head is full of ****.

barryr
03-14-2012, 01:59 PM
They can't deal Tebow without Manning in hand. It just can't happen. Unless Tebow were to raise a stink like Jay to turn off the fanbase, which I don't see happening.

I think they will if Manning or some other QB is signed or overdrafted. The bridge has been burned, so if Manning doesn't come, the Broncos will be forced to go for Flynn or draft a QB higher than he should be drafted. They do not want to go with Tebow since they have no confidence in him to develop and can not do that and go for a Super Bowl like they believe they can. I am not saying I agree with any of this, just saying what I think is reality.

MacGruder
Wow MacGruder is off the deep end of the deep end.

Tebow is a better QB than Elway?

Wow... just wow. Only a serious pathological delusion would manifest such a statement.

You really need some help kid... pronto.

Not necessarily better but more dominant.. more effective.

He's shown it.. look at the stats.. Tebow outplayed Elway in his first year starting.. with a horrible coach and no talent..

Also remember this is a different era.. Elway played in an era where they didn't have the parity they do now. This is why Elway could be wrongly looking at things like his era. He thinks he won because he was more of a pocket passer as he got older.. he might be totally wrong about that.. he could have won young in this era too playing the way he did when he was younger.. This is the problem with having a guy who thinks only his way is the right way...

gyldenlove
I think they will if Manning or some other QB is signed or overdrafted. The bridge has been burned, so if Manning doesn't come, the Broncos will be forced to go for Flynn or draft a QB higher than he should be drafted. They do not want to go with Tebow since they have no confidence in him to develop and can not do that and go for a Super Bowl like they believe they can. I am not saying I agree with any of this, just saying what I think is reality.

Right now I really worry that they see Kevin Kolb or Weeden as backup plans.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I've seen Elway make throws on the run that Tebow couldn't even dream of. Across the body, sidearm, forty yards to the other sideline, off the wrong foot, dead solid perfect. Your head is full of ****.

You only need 10 yards for a 1st down not 40...

barryr
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Right now I really worry that they see Kevin Kolb or Weeden as backup plans.

A truly nightmare scenario. Get Manning signed now!!!!

Beantown Bronco
MacGruder,

If even half of what you say about Tebow was true, we'd have teams tripping over themselves with first round picks in hand for the chance to trade for him.

Fedaykin

Meanwhile Tebow missed intended targets by 15yrds while in his position that poorly approximated being set.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Aaron Rodger could also run tremendously well...

And Eli had a dominant defense and run game..

So really it's not QBs winning these superbowls. It;s guys who just have great teams. Otherwise Peyton would have more..

Look Bozo, Eli had WORST RUSHING offense in the league. 32nd. 89.2 yards a game. Dead last.

You keep throwing out ridiculous PROJECTIONS hoping we aren't smart enough to flush your crap down the toilet.

bombay
03-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes, I remember all those interviews how Manning was just dreaming of working in the FO of the Titans. LOL Why does anyone really believe that is the the part that will put the deal over the top?

lol. Amen.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Meanwhile Tebow missed intended targets by 15yrds while in his position that poorly approximated being set.

Tim made a few pretty impressive throws on the run. I honestly don't know why they don't figure that out and Plummer things up a little bit every now and again.

Nobody can compete with a fan's recollection of an HoF career. One, you're comparing each individual game to a highlight reel in your mind that spans 16 years. Two, we tend to remember things we like better than they really were.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Look Bozo, Eli had WORST RUSHING offense in the league. 32nd. 89.2 yards a game. Dead last.

You keep throwing out ridiculous PROJECTIONS hoping we aren't smart enough to flush your crap down the toilet.

KO's Broncos were on pace for less. If you can believe it.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 02:06 PM
MacGruder,

If even half of what you say about Tebow was true, we'd have teams tripping over themselves with first round picks in hand for the chance to trade for him.

This is the whole deal though.. NFL people are extremely small minded.. there has never been a player like Tebow so teams have no one to compare him too.

I see Tebow in the mold of a McNabb or mcNair.. but he is the super talented version.. Take guys who have cannons for arms.. John Elway was the super talented version of those guys... same thing.. it's like a McNabb or mcNair but with the IT factor they didn't really have IMO.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:08 PM

"Ya Moreno tends to have that effect. Good thing tebow didn't have Moreno in there."

Jhns
your entire whine fest was over this comment....where does it state anything remotely having to do with what you are arguing? he said broncos were on pace for less production....MORENO WAS THE STARTER FOR ORTON....he got hurt and McGahee was promoted BASED ON MORENO..its not my fault morenos hamstrings are made of loose strings..his ability not to stay on the field is one of the reasons i responded with quote above..

barryr
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Tim made a few pretty impressive throws on the run. I honestly don't know why they don't figure that out and Plummer things up a little bit every now and again.

Nobody can compete with a fan's recollection of an HoF career. One, you're comparing each individual game to a highlight reel in your mind that spans 16 years. Two, we tend to remember things we like better than they really were.

Yep, every QB makes his share of poor throws, especially when a 300 pound is about to nail you. Tebow is a young QB who made some poor throws. Why is such a thing news to some people? Tebow can not make poor throws since that shows he can never improve, but all the other QB's can make poor throws and that is just part of the game and showing no one is perfect.

This standard that Tebow is supposed to already have, much less the one he is expected to get to, seems rather ridiculous to me and really shows me that there are those that do not want Tebow to succeed and the types pf people if the Broncos won a game with Tebow at QB, they would just make excuses for every win and blame him for every loss. Wait a minute, that has already been done.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM

You are going by stats.. stats are incredibly misleading.. IF your weak link is passing teams are going to stop your strong running game and dare you to pass...

Would you rather have the Broncos run game or the Giants? But who had the great run stats? are you getting the picture now? Put Tebow with the Giants runners...

It's just like Tebow versus the steelers in the playoffs.. the Broncos strength was running not passing.. yet they let Tebow put up monster passing yards and weak running stats... and the brocnos don't even have decent runners around Tebow.. get the picture???

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 02:13 PM
This is the whole deal though.. NFL people are extremely small minded.. there has never been a player like Tebow so teams have no one to compare him too.

I see Tebow in the mold of a McNabb or mcNair.. but he is the super talented version.. Take guys who have cannons for arms.. John Elway was the super talented version of those guys... same thing.. it's like a McNabb or mcNair but with the IT factor they didn't really have IMO.

As much as I like TT, I'm growing more and more weary of your complete and utter bs posts.

jhns
03-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Ya Moreno tends to have that effect. Good thing tebow didn't have Moreno in there.

The backup is was the problem? So you are claiming Ball was the difference?

LOL @ raider fan stupidity...

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM

Orton got cut if you can believe that. Is Eli next??

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Macgruder there is no hope for you. I see now you are clearly a college fan, not a pro fan. Stick to the college ranks.

Steve Sewell
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM

Retard alert.

McNair was an incredible competitor, and much more talented as a thrower than Tebow will ever be.

Oh wait its MacGruder, nevermind.

MacGruder
As much as I like TT, I'm growing more and more weary of your complete and utter bs posts.

Tebow is also unique though because he is an even less polished version of McNabb and McNair.. he never needed polishing because he was so dominant just off raw talent at every level.

Again.. this is why there is no one to compare Tebow to.. why he is so misunderstood..

Boogerboots

Stuff like this makes it hard for any Tebow fan to have some stable ground to mount any sort of argument to defend keeping the guy around.

I have been an Elway fan long before Tebow and for anybody to slag the guy, then you don't care about the franchise. Period. Without him, this team would still only have one SB trip to the teams credit and no Super Bowl wins.

I'm all for giving Tebow a chance and was truly looking forward to seeing him play for a full season as a starter. I'm leery of investing too much on a rebuilt Peyton but I'm not about to discard "my team" if Tebow has to make way for Manning if he gets around to signing here.

If you're a true Broncos fan, cheer for the team. Don't go bashing the cornerstone.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Moreno was the back up? Mcgahee took over more of his duties. And ya I'd rather have bobble hands ball in there over moreno. At least ball can read 1 out of 5 blitzes.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Retard alert.

McNair was an incredible competitor, and much more talented as a thrower than Tebow will ever be.

Oh wait its MacGruder, nevermind.

Was he as talented a WINNER though.. this is my point.. the IT factor. You can't quantify it.

Tebow is more polished in ways at his age than those guys... which is why he has dominated so much more at every level...

But he LOOKS less polished in many ways... because he never had to change.. he was dominating...

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Tebow is also unique though because he is an even less polished version of McNabb and McNair.. he never needed polishing because he was so dominant just off raw talent at every level.

Again.. this is why there is no one to compare Tebow to.. why he is so misunderstood..

My goodness your have gone full retard.

jhns
03-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Moreno was the back up? Mcgahee took over more is duties. And ya I'd rather have bobble hands ball in there over moreno. At least ball can read a 1 out of 5 blitzes.

Yes, Moreno was the backup. I wonder why you don't know this...

bombay
03-14-2012, 02:19 PM
I think I've blocked all of the pure teblowers.

Now, no one quote them.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Stuff like this makes it hard for any Tebow fan to have some stable ground to mount any sort of argument to defend keeping the guy around.

I have been an Elway fan long before Tebow and for anybody to slag the guy, then you don't care about the franchise. Period. Without him, this team would still only have one SB trip to the teams credit and no Super Bowl wins.

I'm all for giving Tebow a chance and was truly looking forward to seeing him play for a full season as a starter. I'm leery of investing too much on a rebuilt Peyton but I'm not about to discard "my team" if Tebow has to make way for Manning if he gets around to signing here.

If you're a true Broncos fan, cheer for the team. Don't go bashing the cornerstone.

MacGruber aside, it's accurate to say Tebow is a stronger runner than Elway, because he is. Elway wasn't a runner so much as a scrambler. He had good mobility. But most DB's had no trouble running him out of bounds.

And to me, Front Office John is a different guy from HoF John. Front office John had better get his **** together.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 02:22 PM

I'm bashing Elway as an executive not a player... I bash Elway because of how he has handled Tebow.. it's not right,... and it's stupid ta boot..

And as great as Elway was I think it causes you guys who love him to assume Tebow can't be better at the same age..

Tebow is a freak of nature.. no one knows what he is capable of.. it is insanity to throw that away because he is not Elway. You guys should have seen this by now.. I think Elway has blinded you to it in more than one way... because of his biases and your own..

It's a totally new era.. Tebow is a totally new kind of QB.. and you both are too busy living in the past to notice it.. everyone in the NFL is... now you are continuing it with Peyton..

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Yes, Moreno was the backup. I wonder why you don't know this...

You are a bozo. Moreno started this season as the starting RB.

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 02:23 PM
My goodness your have gone full retard.

You're projecting..

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM

Now, no one quote them.

But will it be as fun not seeing their posts when it comes time for them to whine and cry from tebows early exit?

2KBack
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Ya Moreno tends to have that effect. Good thing tebow didn't have Moreno in there.

Well....Moreno did average 6YPC after Tebow became the starter, even if it was just 4 games

mwill07
If they are running the team based on fan sentiment, then they do not deserve their jobs.

this.

jhns
You are a bozo. Moreno started this season as the starting RB.

Moreno started one game. You are a typical retarded raider troll...

BroncoBeavis
But will it be as fun not seeing their posts when it comes time for them to whine and cry from tebows early exit?

I'm guessing I'm on the list. That's ok. Let the Colts fans have their walled garden to cry in.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Moreno lost his job after getting hurt in week 1. Didn't play week 2 or 3. Promoting Mcgahee to starter. Moreno never got his job back. So go ahead and say Mcgahee was the starter going into this season dipshyt.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
You're projecting..

I wish bro, then maybe your posts would be worth reading as you have a tremendous propensity to flood the OMane with your opinions... again, I like TT as much as the next guy but I'm realistic about his talents. You on the other hand have lost all objectivity.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing I'm on the list. That's ok. Let the Colts fans have their walled garden to cry in.

You actually produce another view that has substance and correct stats. Macgruder kills it though.

jhns
03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Moreno lost his job after getting hurt in week 1. Didn't play week 2 or 3. Promoting Mcgahee to starter. Moreno never got his job back. So go ahead and say Mcgahee was the starter going into this season dipshyt.

Where did I say "going into the season"?

Again proving to be a typical retarded raider troll...

MacGruder
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I wish bro, then maybe your posts would be worth reading as you have a tremendous propensity to flood the OMane with your opinions... again, I like TT as much as the next guy but I'm realistic about his talents. You on the other hand have lost all objectivity.

Then he must be the luckiest son of a bitch that ever lived... either way I'd take it...

Peyton must be the UNLUCKIEST then...

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Where did I say "going into the season"?

Again proving to be a typical retarded raider troll...

Look bozo I don't have time to argue with you. Macgruder has the soap box today.

jhns
03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Look bozo I don't have time to argue with you. Macgruder has the soap box today.

No ****. You can't argue with me because I actually watch the Broncos. You are an idiot that can't read and trolls rival team boards. Not really a fair fight here...

Fedaykin
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM

Nobody can compete with a fan's recollection of an HoF career. One, you're comparing each individual game to a highlight reel in your mind that spans 16 years. Two, we tend

I ain't asking him to compete with Elway. I only ask that he compete with his contemporaries with the same level of experience he has: which he flat out doesn't.

jhns
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
I ain't asking him to compete with Elway. I only ask that he compete with his contemporaries with the same level of experience he has: which he flat out doesn't.

You don't watch this sport.

bombay
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM

I didn't see you that way, but I suppose I should take your word for it.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
I didn't see you that way, but I suppose I should take your word for it.

Apologies if you're not that guy. I've been told by at least 3 people this week that I'm a hopeless Teboner.

I don't really see me that way. But I did talk about my kid loving Tim Tebow. Maybe that crossed the line.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
No ****. You can't argue with me because I actually watch the Broncos. You are an idiot that can't read and trolls rival team boards. Not really a fair fight here...

In the tradition of jhns picking an argument that he will win, but is of little or no relevance, I have to say you're wrong, jhns... Drunken Broncoholic CAN read. He just can't comprehend.

jhns
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Don't let him fool you. Beavis is definitely a hopeless Teboner!

jhns
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
In the tradition of jhns picking an argument that he will win, but is of little or no relevance, I have to say you're wrong, jhns... Drunken Broncoholic CAN read. He just can't comprehend.

I see much relevance here, and agree with you, kind of. He obviously read starter. I'm just not sure he could read the rest, as he got the rest of the post completely wrong. I would bet it is more of a problem with reading comprehension though. Either way...

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM

well when its written like this who could? "the backup is was the problem"
next time try "was AND is"

Broncos4tw
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Mcgruder, the difference is that the QBs in that list who did win SBs, were also excellent at throwing the ball. Tebow is not. You can continue sniffing glue or having your man crush on Tebow or whatever it is, but the fact remains that VERY few QBs who can't throw the ball very well, win SBs. That's just the way it is. Tebow in almost every game, looked pretty miserable through 3 quarters passing the ball. That won't get it done.

Also, you are absolutely correct that it's becoming more physical. Which for some reason, you think is a plus? It's not. It's a negative. Tebow is just one strong shot away from ending his career, or a solid shot away from missing half a season. Then his backup will have to come in and play with our college-style offense, and probably lose without breaking a sweat.

You are too dumb to realize that it being a more physical league right now is a BAD THING for a running QB. Do you think Tebow is superman or something? He isn't - he was hurt TWICE in a single year, and if we HAD beat the Patriots, he would have been out for the championship game! Yea.. he is super awesome tough, except when he gets hurt.

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Steinbeck came close.

Tell me about Tebow George, will Tebow have rabbits?

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM

I would rather see him go after John's Passing stats.

Broncbow
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM

Elway proved he was an idiot last season and this offeseason, he is doing nothing more than reaffirming just how much of an idiot he is.

yerner
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Steinbeck came close.

Tell me about Tebow George, will Tebow have rabbits?

I've said it before, the guy reminds of Ignatius Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I would rather see him go after John's Passing stats.

As soon as they start calling some ****ing pass plays that aren't nearly all on 3rd and long.

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 04:38 PM
You actually produce another view that has substance and correct stats. Macgruder kills it though.

Beavis is a cool poster who has coherent takes on Tebow, solid arguments and listens to reason.

mCg is either a troll with no life or a Gator fan. I think it is 60-40 either way. He reminds me of the college football fan who poisoned some old tree sacred to Auburn fans.

broncosteven
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
As soon as they start calling some ****ing pass plays that aren't nearly all on 3rd and long.

All I remember about 3rd and long was them running a QB Draw nearly every time.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Beavis is a cool poster who has coherent takes on Tebow, solid arguments and listens to reason.

mCg is either a troll with no life or a Gator fan. I think it is 60-40 either way. He reminds me of the college football fan who poisoned some old tree sacred to Auburn fans.

Have we confirmed whether or not MacGruder was broncosfan7 or someone else's alt account?

lonestar
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Some how I doubt that NO ONE from the teams FO has talked with Tebow thoughout this ordeal..

I'll bet at least one coach has called him at one point or another..

If not a call there has been contact..of some sort..

errand
03-14-2012, 06:06 PM
You're projecting....

So who caught those 10 passes for 316 yards and 2 TD's?

errand
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
You're delusional

Other than perhaps Fran Tarkenton, (maybe Young if he's considered a "running QB") how many "running QB's" were really QB's except in position name only?

errand
03-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Huh? It's pretty common knowledge that 90% of the "top" FAs sign the first week of FA, most the first day or two. This isn't a guess. It's been this way for awhile. There's really no way to debate it.

And I'm not talking about signing them all up. I'm talking about showing any sign at all that they're interested in upgrading their team in FA. Any interest at all. Talk to guys. Bring them in. Something. So far, one league minimum safety and, in another day or two, another slightly better safety.

Yippee.

Perhaps they've inquired about all of the big FA's and were turned down? That is a possibilty, even if unlikely, correct?

errand
03-14-2012, 06:59 PM

How many passing yards will he have?

McDman
03-14-2012, 07:03 PM
STOP QUOTING MACGRUDER.

STOP QUOTING MACGRUDER.

STOP QUOTING MACGRUDER

STOP QUOTING MACGRUDER

errand
03-14-2012, 07:15 PM

Tarkenton lost 3 SB's
McNair lost in his only appearance
Cunningham and Vick have never made it to one
Young won his only appearance
Elway won 2 when he stopped running alot, lost 3 when he was.

So you're looking at 3-7 for a 43% winning pct.

Hardly the best path to success....

errand
03-14-2012, 07:35 PM

Now, no one quote them.

Ahh, but what is so vexing is all the nuthuggers claim they're not nuthuggers, so how can one really know.....LOL